Log of OOC Meeting 2022-12-31

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:18 pm

Ghed queries, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Temi gives a sweet potato candy man dressed up in an oversized ushanka to Lanakila.

Deedee can scribe if needed.

Ghed nods at Deedee.

Ghed states to Deedee, "Thank you"

plague claims, "We are all dying of the plague. This is the plan."

Ghed has awarded you 2> QPs: scribe

Ghed claims, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed says, "This week I didn't do too much! I had some help from a player in designing ambiance echoes for two of the three bordellos, so I guess I am morally bankrupt? But it was good stuff. Lots of player requests and some polishing of helpfiles."

Nameless trails off, "Ooooh I'm sorry plague I forgot to mention... I'm not vulnerable to that"

Lanakila states, "My first meeting woo."

Charmin declares, "Welcome!"

Ghed claims, "(sorry I kinda rushed past asking for player topics)"

Ghed queries to Temi, "What about you?"

Temi states, "Well, I have been busiest in getting this borderland struggles plot off the ground."

Gunn says, "Did somebody say Borderlands"

Temi says, "Hopefully folks are enjoying the start to the dramatic setting, and I've got a note out to gls/nobles about a small casual thing with the Queen for some more Q&A to help develop opinions"

Ghed declaims, "Excellent, this looks promising!"

Jackassaurus wonders, "What goes into the donation boxes?"

Titania claims, "Hello, I have gone all in on the borderland struggles plot, it is the Basis of a Character"

Ghed wonders to Jackassaurus, "Pardon?"

Temi states, "Whatever you give the two donation mobs"

Jackassaurus queries, "Do we actually put anything in them?"

Tomato claims, "The NPC will just take stuff"

Pauline claims, "Good question, thanks"

Temi says, "Was thinking anything that might be ICly useful"

Ghed states, "You can check help donate for more information"

Jackassaurus says, "Gotcha okay"

Ghed muses to Leta, "What about you?"

Temi claims to Ghed, "For the plot stuff"

Deedee states, "Wrong box, Ghed. :)"

Tomato says, "You give the item to the NPC if you mean, the one for the plot specifically"

Charmin states, "This plot is way fun already."

Ghed says, "Ohhhh"

Ghed facepalms

Temi claims, "I'm planning on more details on that specific line of stuff as we progress stuff"

Woodes has lost link.
Woodes has reconnected.

Temi grins.

Sparkles questions, "Should we also submit a plot about what's put in there or will it be automatically noted somehow?"

Pauline trails off, "And no poison tea..."

Leta pats Ghed. 

Dragor says, "Man, I just rejoined yesterday, I have no idea what's going on rn."

Tomato claims, "Loving that my character has baked in bias for the plot"

Nephrit states, "What Sparkles asked :D"

Pauline says, "Welcome back"

Charmin declaims, "Welcome back!"

Jackassaurus claims, "Me too"

Temi finishes abruptly, "If you want credit or more info, definitely do a plot.  A reminder that plots attached to headers of the type for Staff-sponsored plot are free - though try to limit to 1 a week"

Jackassaurus claims, "Bias as bias is"

Temi states, "But I do have them going to OOC backrooms where I can count them regardless"

Jackassaurus wonders, "So we put stuff in boxes physically and not contribute to plots right?"

plague states, "I think the ongoing plot is very neat and cool."

Deedee claims, "Either is fine"

Ghed says, "It looks really promising"

Ghed questions to Leta, "And what about youuu?"

Temi claims, "You give stuff to the mobs directly and don't need to plot.  And yeah, I'll post more instructions a bit later"

Leta says, "I handled the usual questions, requests, recommends and phome builds alongside Ghed and Temi"

Jackassaurus nods.

Leta states, "I spent most of my time this week helping our new nobles get set up. There are THREE of them! Vavard, Farin, Tubor. If we get a Vandagan approved it we will complete the pokedex =) Be sure to throw hooks their way =) I also took the opportunity to update some of our domain helpfiles and pester our resident bastards for more information on their noble-adjacent family."

Leta says, "I also added a few recipes and will be adding more. We now have recipes for oil pastels and watercolor paints, and will have some for timepiece candles, insense and room-playable instruments soon =)"

Jackassaurus claims, "I will update mine today "

Nameless states, "What are timepiece candles"

Jackassaurus says, "Sorry for dragging feet on those last details "

Nephrit pontificates, "Nice!"

Leta states, "Oh! And working hourglasses. I forgot those."

Tomato says, "They're usually notched candles that count a certain amount of time"

Leta claims, "Thank Eurus for giving me the code backing for all these."

Nameless claims, "I need an hourglass for... reasons."

Deedee says, "Nice"

Ghed says, "Thanks a lot for all that hard work"

Leta says to Nameless, "Timepiece candles are a thematic way to tell time. It uses a candle that his pins in it and burns at a specific pace, so each time a pin drops is X amount of time passed"

Deedee states, "Just a three minute glass for knowing when the ramen's done should be enough for most people"

Temi grins.

Ghed says, "As for Eurus, our coder has been hard at work this week. You can see more in help news but the big ones are: prestige flags now properly hide when the cloak is closed, and assets are un-redeemable for inactive characters, a change we had postponed for far, far too long"

Leta states, "Some of you noticed strange blue 'moods' in rooms at one point as a bug? That was when Eurus implemented room descs for incense. Using insense will add an aroma to the room =)"

Tomato states, "Yesssss that sounds amazing"

Nephrit smiles.

Yinadele claims, "Oooh."

Deedee states, "Neato"

Charmin states, "Very nice. I was eyeing up the list earlier."

Sue declares, "Nice!"

Dragor states, "That's really neat."

Leta says, "Eurus is amazing"

Leta grins.

Ghed declares, "He really is!"

Ghed wonders, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Tomato says, "Tad busy with holiday garbage happening but managed to have some nice scenes here and there"

Yinadele says, "I've been sick! I'm very sorry everyone for tumbling into work problems, to illness and holidays."

Charmin states, "Excellent. Good things happening. Things lurking in the shadows."

Pauline states, "Fun"

Yinadele claims, "I'll hopefully get to be more active after this weekend."

Yinadele states, "God please don't take that as a challenge :pray:"

Deedee exclaims, "Happy new year!"

Titania says, "Hello, I'm the thing lurking in the shadows."

Charmin states, "Yuck, yeah, everyone I know has been sick too, and me. ..Happy New Year, guys."

plague says, "I was also sick, immediately after deciding I was back. Whoops! I'll hopefully be fully recovered tomorrow."

Sparkles claims, "Excited to see some new faces."

Temi pontificates, "Way to much sickness.  You guys should all feel better!"

Ghed claims, "I was so sick this month, lol"

Ghed questions, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Charmin claims, "I hate the new asset change, but I'll suck it up"

Charmin smiles.

Ghed smiles prettily

Deedee says, "I mean, it's understandable"

Ghed wonders to Charmin, "Why's that, if you can tell us in a brief statement?"

Woodes has lost link.
Woodes has reconnected.

Charmin claims, "Ah, easily enough: anything that penalizes a character's baseline status quo for missing a week or two from gaming bums me out, because I go end with spardic availability."

Charmin says, "Ah, easily enough: anything that penalizes a character's baseline status quo for missing a week or two from gaming bums me out, because I end up with spardic availability. Ahem."

Ghed nods slowly, "Thanks for sharing."

Temi states, "We didn't want any sort of ongoing penalty for not being active, but we do want to focus on giving rewards to those who are actively here"

Temi nods at Ghed.

Deedee states, "Perhaps it could be based on the 4-week idle instead of weekly."

Leta says, "If you get active at any point in that week-long period, the assets are redeemable"

Ghed nods.

Charmin claims, "Right. Definitely pros and cons to it."

Temi claims, "But!  It's new.  I'd propose we keep an eye on it"

Deedee nods.

Ghed nods.

Ghed states, "Alrighty, we have a topic, just one today"

Ghed queries to Nameless, "What's up?"

DARKSIDE is idle.

Nameless claims, "Oh god you're putting me on the spot now"

Nameless states, "Im the only one huh"

Nameless claims, "It's my opinion and perception that there is something of a disconnect between theme and engagement with players, particularly in terms of mages. The way that the Order dogma is structured as well as the general climate of risk-averseness heavily incentivizes people, in my view, to not have anything to do with mages at all, or if they run across one, to get away from them as quickly as possible. Now this might make sense from a thematic standpoint but from a player engagement one, it's really not. I would like it if it's considered to implement ways to counter this, such as situations and problems where magic would really help for solving whatever it is. Give players a reason to engage with mage characters. For example, maybe a disease or two that needs magic or items made by magic to cure, or coded scars or disabilities for heavy wounds that only magic can sure-fire fix.  Those are just examples. Some way that encourages the populace to commit the sin of consorting with mages for their own benefit, because right now, there's really no incentive to do so, leading to a one sided situation where mages try to get involved, then people run away (metaphorically or literally), and then you're just left alone. Or maybe that's just me."

Leta says, "There are already diseases that can only be cured by magic"

Ghed claims, "And lethal poison"

Leta nods at Ghed.

Ghed wonders, "Don't our staff plots incentivise getting help from mages?"

Ghed scratches his head

Nameless says, "Yes but I've never seen them come up"

plague states, "Honestly, I think there are plenty of reasons to interact with mages, it's just that there's plenty of reasons (like dying) not to"

Deedee nods.

Ghed claims, "There're many people who collaborate with mages, btw"

Tomato states, "I think that there is also an existing understanding ooc for just wanting to provide RP for mages, but this has been brought up before yes"

Violet says, "Mages have been pretty active recently though tbh. All the familiars and demons and stuff"

Ghed trails off, "You just... don't hear about it"

Temi says, "I do think we're open to other moral quandaries of things mages can do for you, too"

Charmin says, "I'm a fan."

Ghed claims, "And many mages can give extremely useful advantages to those willing to seek their help"

Ghed claims, "(and so can demons, ahem)"

Tomato says, "Even if you are a 'devout' character you can stick around and scream a bit if your life isn't threatened, argue with them, etc, its just not terribly interesting RP I imagine, so it might be more prudent for mages to try the slow approach for not already morally bankrupt characters"

Deedee claims, "Yeah unforunately that's just the name of the game (literally)"

Tomato says, "My tomato here stammers and throws stuff in an incredibly unconvincing way, for example while violently trembling in an attempt to scare off the spooky mage"

Jackassaurus says, "Mages should think of themselves mages second, and then like a person first"

Titania claims, "Imagine accepting a mage in your general vicinity"

Violet claims, "It does get really boring when all some mages want to do is lecture about how they're all-knowing and the Order is wrong"

Violet trails off, "Like... I get it, but it doesn't make for a super engaging theme after a couple rounds"

Nameless claims, "It also gets really boring when every scene is you reaching out to try and create content for someone else, and ending up talking to a wall, Violet."

Tomato says, "I think that the most fun mage-rop is going to require some risk for the mage, which mages are already compensated for oocly with extra exp and now benefits for being caught"

Gunn claims, "There are many tangential ways to allow magic into your life, even if devout"

Tomato states, "Try forging some personal connections and then tempting people that have come to trust you"

Tomato claims, "Or regnance someone"

Tomato claims, "Or blackmail them"

Tomato states, "Popping up and being spooky only goes so far"

Seraphite asks, "Sometimes you've got to begrudgingly accept the cat's affections, y'know?"

Ghed states, "Or sacrifice them to Hell"

Ghed cues in Doom 2016 theme

Sparkles questions, "Do diseases tend to come up often when Health tends to often be super supported?"

LunarEclipse says, "There is nothing wrong with petting the cat, trust me."

Deedee states, "More often now"

Nameless claims, "Not really, no."

Tomato says, "But by and large in my experience the interpersonal connections will enrich whatever you attempt to do, so if you are finding it lacking, maybe focus on that"

Nameless says, "Not the serious ones anyway"

Leta claims to Sparkles, "We increased the frequently recently, as you may have noticed"

Yinadele pontificates, "Remember that the Invite command can be your friend!"

Leta claims, "Everything got cranked a notch or so up"

Ghed states to Nameless, "Like I get you, but I think there's a rich universe of possible interactions, either potential, past, or present, that may not be visible to you right now"

Temi nods in agreement with Tomato.

Yinadele states, "But, I think this is just a problem of a low pop which is ebbing away as the holidays end."

Violet claims, "I want another cat visit :("

Pauline smirks at Lunar Eclipse

Deedee says, "Magebane is coming."

LunarEclipse claims, "Not that I know anything about cats but I can make that happen."

Woodes asks, "Would a disease like wound rot normally be triggered by minor injuries under this change?"

Temi states, "Yeah, we agree: there should be things mages can offer that are tempting and useful to solve problems in a way that bring people to moral quandaries.  We do also think there are some of those now, but are open to more, when good ideas come."

Deedee states, "I think woundrot needs a bit of tweaking"

Jasmine claims, "I encourage you to consider using the blackmarket"

Charmin queries, "Maybe those ways of helping could be written into lore?"

Nameless says, "Tried it three times."

Nameless says, "Just sayin'."

Leta says, "There were recent purchases/exchanges of magical items happening on grid"

Yinadele claims, "I think there's more than enough stuff to tempt people."

Leta claims, "I do think the blackmarket system is unideal"

Deedee nods at Leta.

Titania states, "Haha, yeah, who would buy magical items? Do you happen to know what shop they're sold at? So I can avoid it."

Tomato says, "Rumors might work also, if you word it VERY carefully"

Tomato claims, "I admit I almost bought the one bm posting but I had no money at the time"

Charmin says, "If my character stumbled over some lore that talked about a mage healing somebody, that might her some ideas if she needed healing, for example."

Jackassaurus trails off, "Anyone can use the blackmarket too..."

Deedee asks, "C'mon down ta taint emporium, ya hear?"

Charmin claims, "Give her some ideas,ahem"

Temi states to Charmin, "Not a bad idea.  I think we'd be up for some of those stories for lore, when people have suggestions"

Tomato trails off, "Again the magic item-peddling would be more useful with interpersonal connections, if you have friends and family that have needs you could solve, you could quietly... ease in with a suggestion"

Nameless states, "I have one I can throw about healing"

Leta nods at Tomato.

Tomato states, "My alt actually regularly uses a magical item that was provided like that"

Charmin states, "Yeahh... I don't necessarily OOCly know mage spells and how they can help, but I can try writing some! I'll put it on my list."

Temi claims, "That's an offer in general too"

Temi grins.

Dragor says, "It's important to note that even the most backwater places in real life sought alternative ways to solve problems even when the devout thing would've been to not do so."

Dragor claims, "Human nature trumps dogma in a majority of ways - just be silent about it, really."

Tomato claims, "But yes, while the community in general is risk averse i think that mages are already being compensated oocly for said risk, if you make it easy to do things without being caught, you might entice people more"

LunarEclipse states, "Also the invite command does exist too if you want to poke at some people in a quieter setting."

Deedee claims, "Invite is a bit limited though"

Tomato trails off, "So like for example, offering services to someone in public with VNPCs there that anyone would be able to do a plot and discover the conversation... maybe less cool than an anonymous letter with a return address"

Tomato trails off, "Or even just inserting a thought in their head... 'you're having problems with x, send word to y and maybe I'll be able to help...'"

Tomato claims, "I've noticed mages in general tend to forget about VNPCs entirely and I am not about to do something that could be easily found by asking the janitor what happened, for example"

Jackassaurus states, "Mages have the whole tool kit for cool things "

Nameless says, "A lot of mage stuff happens in places with few/no vNPCS"

Nameless states, "Probably for entirely that reason"

Tomato says, "Is it anywhere in the city? There are VNPCs. Wilderness, maybe not"

Sparkles states, "Not sure that's mage specific considering folks who do real questionable things in public but don't post rumors."

Nameless claims, "There are places in the city where you wouldn't find vnpcs"

Tomato claims, "But my example was based off of less recent RP that was in front of 2 witnesses and a ton of VNPCs"

Ghed claims to Tomato, "I think they mean little phomes etc"

Deedee says, "Interview the bob cats. they's seen shit."

Tomato says, "Unless its like, a hidden room or a phome you should probably assume"

Nameless claims, "Bring fish if you're gonna interview bobcatss."

LunarEclipse claims, "Don't you ask the bobcats they don't know shit."

Ghed clears his throat.

Tomato questions, "Like, hole in the wall? Probably no one there. Sketchy tunnel under the blind horse? There's probably people there occasionally"

Jackassaurus says, "We don't talk about bobcats"

Titania states, "Bobcats can be trusted implicitly, they know the secrets."

Ghed states, "Alrighty, I think we had a good talk around that and there are some very good points. There are ways. Don't wait for things to come to you."

Nameless says, "We don't talk about Bruno."

Tomato wonders, "Random roof? Probably no people but what about the people on the street below?"

Ghed muses, "Are there any other topics?"

Lans nods at Nameless.

Sue is idle.

Sue is no longer idle.
Sue has returned from AFK.

Deedee says, "I can probably think of something if we need to kill time"

Jackassaurus says, "Ohbyeah, I had something "

DARKSIDE is no longer idle.
DARKSIDE has returned from AFK.

Tomato claims, "Just in general think of the location as a real-life location and not just 'room in a game' I guess"

Sparkles states, "I have a suggestion/thought if there's time otherwise I can put it on the forums."

Deedee looks to Jackassaurus 

Ghed says to Deedee, "Let's hear it"

Jackassaurus wonders, "The facade spell. Anyway to change it so it's less OOC obvious? Is there no way to just allow a mage to come up with a temp intro desc and short desc like they would with cloak conceal?"

Ghed claims, "Let's hear Delana first, then I'll jump to you"

Deedee says, "Jaca and the others first, I'd just be digging through old forum posts for ideas"

Ghed says, "Oh well"

Tomato states, "Facade spell keeps you from remembering, though, it would still have ooc signs"

Ghed questions to Jackassaurus, "You mean you want Facade to be something of a polymorph? IT's meant to be more of a 'this spell makes you unremarkable', it's not a real illusion"

Ghed claims, "(for our new players, we're talking about a really cool magic spell)"

Nameless states, "I would be open to a temp polymorph spel."

Ghed says, "Of course you would ;)"

Tomato wonders, "That already exists, I thought?"

Jackassaurus states, "The problem is recently, it shows up as a man for one person, and a woman for another in the same room."

Nameless says, ".... maybe."

Sparkles claims, "Changing it up in some way might mean it isn't instantly pegged by everyone who is played for any length of time."

Deedee muses, "Really?"

Ghed says to Jackassaurus, "Yep, by design"

Ghed says to Sparkles, "That's reasonable"

Deedee says, "Huh."

Nameless claims to Ghed, "Bonus points if the temp polymorph spell includes an option to cast it on others. And turn them into a kitty or a dog or a horse or something."

Ghed claims, "I do dislike how some players are very instantly triggered when they recognize the signs and lose all capacity to rp normally"

Jackassaurus muses, "So if two people are referring them as separate genders that's intended?"

Tomato says, "The peggability means that you can easily point at the policy protecting it thoght"

Ghed claims to Jackassaurus, "Yes because it's not a real illusion"

Ghed says, "It's like one of those cloaks that confuse cameras to not notice you"

Temi nods at Tomato.

plague says, "IMO anything that should be ICly deceptive should also be to some extent OOCly deceptive, it's good to strain the suspension of disbelief as little as possible"

Jackassaurus claims, "Oh"

Ghed claims to plague, "I agree, but sometimes it's very difficult"

Tomato says, "I usually drop the helpfile if people start to get a little too ornery, it takes nothing away from the scene to include the random person"

Ghed claims, "And we don't want to, for instance, make things OP or confuse newbies too much"

Tomato says, "In fact the helpfile specifies that if they seem like they should be there, and their RP is indicating something, its very easy to just play along with that"

Jackassaurus claims, "Then nevermind. Lol. But maybe a polymorph could be cool, an identity stealing spell"

Charmin muses, "Which helpfile, Tomato?"

Sparkles states, "Usually newbies are the ones who act the most chill."

Tomato says, "Help facade"

Nameless wonders, "Can we make safe attacks both given and received not break facade?"

Nameless says, "So I can fulfill my bar brawl dreams of glassing someone in the blind horse"

Charmin says, "Ohhh wow. That's a new one for me."

Tomato claims, "Combat falls under extraordinary behavior and would break it"

Deedee nods.

Tomato states, "You would notice someone fighting, even if it were a spar, I'd reckon"

Ghed says to Nameless, "No"

LunarEclipse says, "Yeahh that would be kind of OP if it were the case."

Deedee says, "I kind of picture them almost as grey men from Wheel of Time"

Ghed wonders to Jackassaurus, "I'll give it a thought and discuss it with staff, okay?"

Nameless huffs.

Ghed says, "There's merit in what you say"

Jackassaurus nods.

Ghed says to Sparkles, "Alright, you're next"

Deedee has thought of a short request if there's time after.

Sparkles states, "So the Idiora in the Vandagan Quarter has ice. It would be a potentially lovely idea to have the ability to make some ice things. Like ice sculptures. Or a temp ice skating rink for events etc."

Ghed says, "I don't see why not"

Ghed peers at the Teminator

Sparkles says, "Or a 'Frozen Desert' craft etc."

Temi says, "Hrm."

Ghed asks, "Something with a rather shortish IC decay?"

Tomato claims, "There are many medieval-time appropriate ways to freeze things"

Temi states, "We definitely don't want it to become too easy, but there may be something we can do"

Temi says, "Unfortunately, we don't have seasonality code in objects to make it easier in winter than summer or such"

Nameless queries, "Can cold cellars get below freezing temperatores?"

Nameless claims, "Temperatures *cough*"

Sparkles nods.

Tomato states, "With magic, probably. In real life, they would have to be very deep and there would have to be ice brought in."

Ghed says to Temi, "We could make snowbank-like items that are ingredients for ice crafts"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

Nameless says, "Magic you say? What heretical nonsense."

Temi nods at Ghed.

Ghed states, "Use magic, it's like nuclear power"

Sparkles claims, "Listen I'm not saying I've questioned for years -how- the Idiora keeps that bar frozen solid all summer but you know."

Tomato says, "Once you bring ice into a cool enough area it will stabilize the temperature eventually so more ice can be made"

Temi states, "Or just use snowbank items"

Deedee claims, "Not necessarily, there's some ancient desert ice houses which are pretty cool *cough*"

Ghed winks at Sparkles 

Nameless states, "I definitely am not going to build a not so secret cellar filled with ice sculptures and a frozen ice floor now."

Ghed says, "I'll chalk it down, I like this"

Deedee says, "Yakhchal"

Ghed claims to Nameless, "Turn people into ice sculptures like Mr Freeze"

Tomato says, "Every vandagan ship brings 5 crates of ice for the Idiroa"

Ghed says, "The Scwarzenegger version"

Temi grins.

Nameless states, "I'll make shitty ice puns while doing it."

Nameless says, "Don't tempt me."

Titania exclaims, "We don't need this much ice!!"

plague states, "Three words: magical permafrost sculptures"

Sparkles nods.

Ghed muses to Deedee, "Ready for your topic?"

Deedee nods at Ghed.

Jackassaurus trails off, "It's only summer for like an ooc week guys..."

Deedee queries, "I know you've a bit of full plate already, Ghed, but would consider making semi-regular priorities posts so we have an idea on what's to come and how soon they might be implemented? https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=50"

Leta has transferred Jiraiya.  [OOC]

Temi gives a sweet potato candy man dressed up in an oversized ushanka to Jiraiya.

Leta questions to Deedee, "Do you feel our staff decisions and OOC chat updates aren't cutting it?"

Ghed claims, "I'm not sure I want to pressure ourselves with these, but I'll give it a think"

Ghed claims, "Also we have a -lot- of internal documentation and bookkeeping"

Deedee states, "It's hard to know what's been given priority, yes"

Tomato says, "The harder something is the code the more it rests on the coder to actually code"

Deedee claims, "Doesn't have to be so often, maybe just twice a year would be good"

Ghed claims, "That's not so bad, but I can't answer now"

Tomato states, "So the smaller stuff is always going to be done first if it takes no or little to no coding"

Deedee nods at Ghed.

Tomato states, "Eurus is a person whom we appreciate and not a machine, he got to prioritize sanity"

Deedee says, "Yeah, this would be more for bigger things Tamato"

Jasmine is idle.

Tomato states, "All big things I can think of are just code stuff"

Deedee says, "Exactly"

Tomato states, "The more code intensive the larger a deal it usually is"

Jackassaurus trails off, "Eurus isn't a machine? Oh... :)"

Ghed claims, "Eurus is pretty much a machine"

Tomato trails off, "And thus... the more code it requires, the harder it will be, so smaller stuff that takes 5 minutes to do is always going to be done first"

Cal claims, "Not everything is a 1/1"

Nameless says, "Eurus is an A.I."

Ghed states, "And he sometimes cosplays as a mate"

Yinadele is idle.

Pauline hires a WW2 Navajo Code Talker but then fires them when the computer doesn't understand

Ghed states, "Alright, let's move on, we have one more topic"

Ghed says to Tomato, "You're nexts"

Tomato states, "Oh, mine is super small, I have been debating bringing this up forever but I wanted to posit considering an @smoke like AE had"

Tomato states, "It just appended the custom @smoke when something was smoked, alongside the default"

Tomato states, "Like a taste for smokables, I miss it"

Leta claims to Tomato, "That is... on the list? Or implemented? I have notes somewhere, and will follow-up with Eurus."

Deedee states, "I think taste and eat would be better"

Ghed states, "I saw it on the forums, yep"

Jackassaurus says, "I also like to add on it could be cool to in future maybe add in more potent herbs capable of AOE."

Temi questions, "Any reason @taste wouldn't be reusable for it?"

Tomato wonders, "I think taste only procs when you use the eat or drink command? If you could extend it thats fine"

Sparkles claims, "Taste only currently works for edible things AFAIK."

Temi says, "Yeah, it doesn't work now"

Tomato claims, "The general functionality is all I want"

Jackassaurus claims, "Smokable ones that is "

Deedee says, "Yeah, I think Temi means @taste would be fine instead of making a new one for @smoke"

Temi states, "But I'd rather add the functionality for @taste to use it than add a new @tag"

Temi nods.

Sparkles nods.

Tomato states, "If you make it so that using smoke command pulls from taste and update the helpfile to say so its functionally the same thing"

Leta states, "I genuinely think Eurus has already implemented some functionality for this"
Temi nods.

Temi says, "Let's double check on that and let folks know"

Temi grins.

Leta has the memory of a goldfish.

Deedee nods.

Tomato wonders, "If so then can we update tooling helpfiles? I want to add it to my tastey smoke herbs"

Temi nods in agreement.

Temi claims, "Seems like an easy win"

Lans states to Tomato, "Decadent"

Pauline says, "Lol"

Tomato claims, "Maybe also pop it in the 'help smoke' helpfile I'd suggest since people will likely check there too"

Seraphite is idle.

Leta claims to Tomato, "We updated a lot of code-side functionality in advance of the inventor's fair, in order to facilitate things like @split, incense, room usability. "

Temi grins.

Temi nods.

Tomato grins.

Deedee asks, "Here's my old post on the topic- https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2224&p=15428"

Charmin says, "That's awesome, Leta."

Tomato says, "I admit I don't really use the forums very much"

Yinadele is no longer idle.
Yinadele has returned from AFK.

Leta states, "Some silly things that didn't exist, like being able to use items with a certain flag in your room/inventory as opposed to just when holding them"

Leta states, "Not saying it's already player-usable, but if I remember correctly, we already took some steps towards it. I can check with Eurus! But it's a good reminder."

Deedee says, "Nice"

Seraphite is no longer idle.
Seraphite has returned from AFK.

Sparkles muses, "Was the ability to split cosmetics poked at?"

Deedee says, "Next step- levers and trap doors"

Leta states to Tomato, "My next big task is trying to update some of these recipes and crafting helpfiles, so I can dive in and get back to you =)"

Tomato claims, "Good luck"

Nephrit nods.

Ghed claims, "Alrighty, we're at the top of the hour"

Pauline shakes her candy man before he goes idle. He glares up in irritation fixing his hat.

Temi grins.

Ghed says, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Charmin waves.

Ghed declaims, "Breaking into places means CNOTE! Speaking to a spoooooky mage means a CNOTE!"

Temi claims, "And please reply on the timing for that Cristiana Q&A thing for those on the pboard."

Yinadele declaims, "Can do after I get back!"

Yinadele claims, "O7"

Yinadele claims, "I'll need about an hour after this meeting"

plague says, "Hugs and kisses to everybody"

Ghed trails off, "Activating portal runes in 3..."

Yinadele says, "(I'll also be able to RP with everyone after that)"

plague states, "Except for you, you know who you are (titania)"

Titania claims, "WHA"

Titania claims, "HEY"

Deedee states, "Wave"

Deedee waves.

Titania claims, "YOU SON OF ARIEN--"