Log of OOC Meeting 2022-07-16

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Ghed wonders, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

A tumbleweed rolls by.

Ghed exclaims, "No one? Hm!"

Hawali peers around.

Cal states, "I am on my phone, otherwise I would but I can't so I won't "

Ghed states, "No problem, let me know if you change your mind. With that, let's start with Staff Updates."

Deedee claims, "If I need"

Flower is also mobile.

Ghed nods at Deedee.

Ghed has awarded you 2> QPs: scribe

Ghed says, "Thank you."

Deedee nods.

Ghed has transferred Urtha.  [OOC]

Ghed states, "This week I ended my longish vacation so I got back to working more on TI. Eurus taught me how to start the server if the game crashes, which will reduce the time the game is down for any reason. I also worked on a mini plot on the side, some of you are into it, but the big plot will begin to run in a few weeks. Other than that I did the usual sleuths of requests, recommends, phomes, etc. And I am so very glad that we have so many new or returning players."

Violet gives a pair of small chocolate ice skates with peppermint blades to Urtha.

Hawali states, "Welcome back, Ghed."

Leta gives a pair of small chocolate ice skates with peppermint blades to Violet.

Urtha disposes of a pair of small chocolate ice skates with peppermint blades.

Flower cries for chocolate skates.

Ghed bows his head at Leta, "Would you like to go next?"

Leta says, "Sure"

Leta says, "I'm next! There were many phome requests this week. So I spent plenty of time working on those. I am also trying to add more rare items to grid. I added more foragables for our hunter-gatherer types and rare ores/metals for our smiths."

Gunn states, "Oh yessss"

Anonymous queries, "As in foraged rare ore/metals or in shops?"

Flower says, "Nice. :)"

Anonymous states, "And what kind of foragables"

Ghed claims, "Excellent work, thanks a ton for the laser-focus dedication."

Tomato declaims, "I imagine you'll have to explore about and find out!"

Leta says to Anonymous, "You should look around and find out for yourself =)"

Leta declaims, "But both!"

Anonymous claims, "Grr"

Leta says, "The IC ores store now has a rare restock, and there are special things sprinkled about"

Tomato says, "Is it new items or is it existing items you're adding to places"

Leta says to Tomato, "A bit of both"

Tomato claps excitedly.

Leta claims, "I am also hoping to set up a spawn for rare animals in the wilderness, so you hunters might occasionally come across a creature with a special pelt"

Ghed declares, "A shiny!"

Dazzl pontificates, "Oh, nice!"

Flower says, "That's neat. "

Cal declaims, "Cool cool!"

Ghed claps claps claps

Leta states, "Just a few ways to add specials for folks. I welcome recommendations where that is concerned, so feel free to send me tells"

Ghed wonders to Eurus, "Alright Eurus, what do you have for us?"

Eurus claims, "As always, can just refer to help news to see what I've been up to. Monitoring stealth for updates/bugs as necessary, and moving into giving contest/effort/roll some updates and attention."

Ghed exclaims, "We got the new Stealth code live, that's right!"

Ghed says, "That was a titanic effort by Eurus"

Leta claims, "We also added autocnote, which I believe was a player request. It filters out secret sharing and council votes from your cnote list."

Deedee states, "I was curious about something for stealth/hide"

Ghed asks of Deedee, "Yep?"

Deedee questions, "Is there still a chance to stay hidden when sneaking into another room?"

Ghed peers at Eurus

Eurus says, "Low chance, but is there"

Deedee nods.

Ghed wonders, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

A male voice says, "Things have been happening."

Hawali states, "Eeee."

Tomato claims, "A goodly bit of rp, trying to settle in on this character"

A male voice claims, "Not that I would know anything about that, of course, being the good davite that I am. *cough*."

Hawali says, "Some health issues have been dampening my playtime, but I've been enjoying the rumor mill lately."

Violet states, "Lots of drama for sure"

Deedee claims, "RL has been pretty crazy. Had time for a couple of scenes at least"

Ghed claims to Hawali, "Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon"

Anonymous says, "I have covid"

Flower says, "Rumors are wild over the last few days."

Hawali exclaims to Ghed, "Thanks!"

Ghed states, "There's a rumornado right now"

Flower states, "Sheesh, hope y'all get better soon.. =("

A male voice states, "How curious"

PiousDavite hovers near Hawali intentfully.

Urtha states, "Slow where I've pigeonholed my character so far"

Deedee says to Anonymous, "I caught the rona earlier this month, and just got a 3rd vaccine a few days ago. feels like non-stop suffering, hah"

Ghed claims, "Alrighty, looks like things are IC good and OOC pestilent"

Anonymous says, "I got the shangai shivers"

Ghed pontificates, "I prescribe bloodletting and head amputation!"

Ghed says, "Okay"

Ghed thumbs up.

Anonymous squints.

Deedee claims, "You can do both at once, saves time."

Ghed asks, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Anonymous says, "People die when they are killed"

Deedee states to Anonymous, "That's the way it should be."

Hawali states, "I was brainstorming on how to keep PCs around as ghosts, last week."

Deedee claims to Ghed, "I'm sure I can think of something to complain about if you need"

Hawali states, "But I didn't like any of my ideas enough to pitch them."

A male voice trails off, "I may have a certain way to do that..."

A male voice claims, "Ask your local sorcerer for details"

Ghed says to Hawali, "Been there, done that"

Hawali states, "Hmm."

Leta says, "Necromancy does tend to help things"

Cal states, "As a professional cranky old guy I could complain for hours but nothing that is really bothering me today. "

Urtha states, "I wish Addiction code supported alcoholism and I could opt in"

Ghed hmmmms

A male voice says, "You're already an alcoholic in our hearts urtha"

Tomato says, "I also would like addiction to be looked at/able to opt in"

Leta nods.

Deedee claims, "Yeah, the tolerance code could really use some work"

Tomato claims, "I'd also like to bring up that the infect command rolls against your charisma apparently"

Hawali says, "I like it, Urthie."

Deedee states, "With alcoholism supported"

Leta claims, "We could certainly look into that. We recently bumped the time of drunkenness to try and give a bit more RP there, but tolerance is certainly lacking."

Tomato says, "So even if you willingly infect yourself, you might not actually get sick o///o"

Tomato states, "Err constitution not charisma"

Ghed says, "Yep, we're tackling these old issues one at a time"

Ghed states, "Okay, if that's all, let's move on to Player Topics -- though I don't think I have any registered"

Deedee states, "Hah, that's funny on the infect command"

A male voice claims, "I have one"

Leta claims, "Diseases are on the docket"

Leta says, "I forgot to mention it, but I drafted up a tentative plan for based on our Physician suggestions this week"

Urtha says, "That's just the power and quality of my RP"

Leta nods at Urtha.

Deedee states, "Nice. I had another idea for Physician stuff, but I forgot what it is at the moment"

Ghed claims to PiousDavite, "Yes? Start typing, but hold it for a hoy sec."

Leta says, "Adding it to our notes."

Deedee states, "Oh. I remember"

Ghed says, "*hot"

A male voice says, "Its short but ok"

Leta says to Tomato, "And feel free to reach out if infectivity didn't work. Happy to give you whatever disease your heart desires =)"

Deedee claims, "I'll wait unti the invisible man goes to bring up my idea"

Ghed pontificates, "Okay invis man, let's hear it!"

A male voice claims, "I'd like a command like 'glimpse' where mages could peer into the Astral equivalent of whatever room they're in. A single snapshot of it to see what's there."

Ghed nods, "Okay. How would you implement it? Would it have any cooldown, material requirement, skillstat requirement, echo?"

A male voice states, "Moderate difficult meditation roll, no cooldown, no material requirements, gives a vague echo to the room like 'x gazes off into space for a moment'."

A male voice claims, "Can't do anything to the Astral room, can only see a snapshot of it."

Flower states, "That is a neat idea.."

A male voice claims, "And only the room you're standing in"

Leta declaims, "Sounds interesting for sure. I will add it to the list!"

Ghed declaims, "Thanks for your input! We'll discuss it next staff meeting"

A male voice says, "It could give an echo in the Astral room to anyone there with the mage's element. 'Fire/water/earth/air/void energies in the room shiver in response to something's momentary presence.'"

Deedee says, "I feel like it should be a more obvious, given magic involved"

Urtha claims, "Those sort of code sourced echoes are a dead give away and invite metagaming imho"

Hawali claims, "Yes, unfortunately."

Ghed claims, "It's something to take into account, for real"

Tomato states, "I also am somewhat against a magic-based echo for something that, ICly might be a long blink"

Tomato says, "Perhaps echo to the mage that they have closed their eyes for an extended time and to include it in RP"

Tomato says, "Or make the echo only visible to other mages, such as the above echo suggested, both in the astral and in the room"

Ghed queries, "Something something abyss peers back to you?"

Ghed states, "Sounds satisfactorily themely"

Leta claims, "Entering astral is currently not overtly magic. It can be OOCly deduced if one is familiar, but IC it looks inert, if quirky to come across in certain locations"

A male voice trails off, "When you gaze into the Abyss..."

Cal says, "The flip side there is that people will do the spell but not RP the consequences if they aren't enforced"

Ghed claims, "That's a possibility yes"

Urtha closes her eyes, lifts a thigh and farts

Hawali claims, "Seems like a much lesser worry"

Tomato says, "We unfortunately also have many things that have no 'code' and should be RPed, such as latency, but we do a lot of things based off of trusting players over providing meta-gaming cues"

Ghed nods.

Ghed wonders, "Alright, we'll definitely discuss this. Thanks. Is there any other topic to discuss, folks?"

Tomato says, "Unlike some other things, this seems less harmful for someone to cheat on and not emote than the alternative."

Cal says, "The assumption should always be people will Meta one way or the other, intentionally or not. The question then becomes do you want the echo to reveal mages, or do you want mages to not follow prompts"

Deedee says, "I'm not super familiar with it since I haven't played a mage since the original TI, but I think entering involve meditation, yes? Perhaps there can be a delay where you miss any poses if you're looking into it."

Cal claims, "See? Cranky old guy."

Urtha says, "Even if you're not intending to metagame, if you know what the emote means, you can't help, as a player, know something you shouldn't about another character"

Ghed states, "Could use a list of randomized echoes, if we decide to go down that route, but yeah, there's an instance when such things require a tiny bit of honor system"

Tomato states, "I feel like the harm someone meta-ing that you are a mage is more harmful and sometimes harder to prove than a mage peeking into the astral in only the single room they are in"

Deedee says, "I'm leaning towards blacking out poses for a moment instead of echoing."

Tomato states, "Lots of spells are silent-cast"

Deedee says, "Since their attention is elsewhere"

Urtha says, "That's interesting"

PiousDavite eyeballs tomato

A male voice claims, "Honestly I'm just wanting something to expedite checking the Astral equivalent of Interesting Places to see if Staff left something there."

Hawali states, "Seems reasonable."

Ghed nods.

Ghed queries, "Alright. Any other topic anyone wants to raise?"

Leta muses to Deedee, "You had a topic, right?"

Deedee states, "I had another thought on treatment, but it's not very fleshed out"

Cal has lost link.

Leta nods at Deedee.

Ghed questions to Deedee, "Anything you feel comfortable with sharing?"

Deedee claims, "Basically a chance of infection on injuries."

Leta declaims, "Oh! We are adding that!"

Leta smiles.

Ghed nods.

Deedee says, "Oh, well that's that then. :)"

Ghed makes fingerguns

Flower laughs.

Cal has reconnected.

Tomato says, "As long as we do it better than AE did, where it was essentially uncurable without tons of antibiotics"

Tomato says, "Cause in a medieval setting infections are SERIOUS"

Leta claims, "It will not be that, I promise"

Tomato says, "They WILL kill you"

Anonymous claims, "People die when they are killed"

Ghed has transferred Dalton.  [OOC]

Dalton waves.

Leta says, "It will be a moderate severity illness, but there will be some options for treatments, and it will not have a mandatory death roll."

Tomato claims, "Like in medieval times, infections often could get very serious and even simple wounds would lead to death if infected"

Leta claims, "We were hoping to provide the physicians with lancets for drainage that actually function as a treatment tool."

Ghed says, "Henry the Lion died like that, lol, from a kid's crossbow shot"

Leta states, "I know they've been tooled from daggers in the past, but the idea was to make it a coded and craftable object."

Leta claims, "There is also a magic spell that would assist."

Deedee states, "I thought maybe it would be good for infection chance to be reduced based on the medical skill of the one who treated it, but might be unfair to Physicians starting out because no one would want to be treated by them"

A male voice states, "WHAT"

Dalton muses, "What did I just come in to?"

Tomato claims, "Yeolden times cauterizing wounds or using honey were big"

Ghed states to Dalton, "Hi! We're discussing introducing infections from wounds."

Tomato states, "Honey is actually an amazing medicinal item that might be useful for infections, if introduced"

Leta claims to Deedee, "We were planning on that, yes. But that untreated wounds have a MUCH higher risk than treated, to encourage seeking out over not"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

Deedee questions to Leta, "What about a chance to lose a limb?"

Leta claims to Deedee, "I suspect that's the sort of thing we would not want to force on characters"

Leta claims, "Since it can be very RP altering"

Deedee wonders, "Perhaps only if gone untreated for 2 weeks?"

Deedee claims, "2 weeks RP played"

Anonymous says, "Thats a bit of a huge time frame tbh"

Ghed muses, "That's two months, no?"

Anonymous states, "No wound in the world will last that long save the most serious crippling multistacked ones"

Deedee claims, "Yes"

Anonymous claims, "Id say chance of infection after 5 real life days of it being untreated (shrug) thats just me"

Ghed says, "Sounds like a bit of an overkill"

Anonymous states, "And even thats a lot"

Deedee states, "I meant for losing the limb."

Ghed declares, "I'm sure we'll be able to strike a balance-- oh!"

Leta says, "Andorig I believe Delana is talking about losing a limb."

Anonymous claims, "Doh"

Ghed says, "I thought same as Andy"

Leta states, "I can write it down, but I admit, I am hesitant to have required lost limbs, even for untreated injuries lasting a while"

Hawali claims, "Optional is always great though."

Tomato states, "I think it can be offered to the player as an option but if we aren't enforcing killing we shouldn't enforce amputation, since that follows PK rules per policy"

Tomato states, "You can't de-limb someone without PK-sufficient cnotes and such"

Leta nods at Tomato.

Leta nods at Hawali.

Ghed declaims, "I'd rather go with wound infections first and evaluate limbs as a distant discussion. Very distant for now!"

Ghed says to Deedee, "But thanks for bringing it up."

Deedee nods.

Ghed muses, "Alright, any other comments on this topic?"

Deedee says, "We do have diseases currently with a chance of death."

Leta nods at Deedee.

Tomato states, "Which I have never seen or heard on in like, 2-3 years of playing so largely are not 'common'"

Deedee says, "Depends on the health metric."

Tomato claims, "Even getting a cold or upset tummy is so rare as to never happen without opting in"

Leta says, "They are incredibly rare"

Anonymous claims, "The health metric is very high atm"

Tomato claims, "Even with great health I think we could stand for more sickness, particularly in winter"

Leta states, "And yes, because things scale with health and health has been high, they are relatively sparse."

Anonymous states, "And we've generally managed to keep it high"

Deedee states, "Health metric has been pretty consistently high for a few years"

Anonymous states, "THAT SAID"

Leta says to Tomato, "We did plan on bumping the chance of illness slightly"

Anonymous says, "Feel free to infect yourself with whatever you want"

Deedee nods at Anonymous.

Leta says, "The lower-severity illnesses."

Tomato claims, "I'd be up for a non-negotiable increase in sickness chance during winter, actually"

Urtha states, "I keep trying to give my character Alcohol poisoning l"

Deedee claims, "It does increase naturally in winter already"

Tomato claims, "You literally can't tell so maybe look at that"

Flower says, "Can I get sent out? RL calls."

Leta has transferred Flower.  [OOC]

Tomato claims, "I feel like, sometimes, that the physicians should get money on inverted health instead of high health tbh"

Deedee states, "We do see more cases in winter"

Tomato says, "They'd make more money the sicker people were"

Deedee questions, "Hah, right?"

Anonymous says, "Ah but then we'd face a moral quandary"

Anonymous wonders, "Do we constantly subvert it to make moolah?"

Anonymous states, "Or heroically sacrifice our income to keep it high"

Ghed declaims, "Sounds modern!"

Hawali says, "Lol."

Tomato states, "And then it would be political reasons only for people to use the command to keep health balanced"

Ghed declares, "And familiar!"

Anonymous says, "I know right"

Deedee says, "We do get it on iInfrastructure, from people tripping in potholes Ibguess"

Tomato states, "Particulrly as people mostly just spam the one thing that gets their guild the most money, rather than based on personal character intents, from my experience"

Tomato claims, "As a new player I pretty mindlessly supported morale on my first character for almost his entire career"

Tomato says, "Just because I didn't know an better or have any clue how to interact with the system"

Deedee states, "I think it's less about money and more about everyone slamming the relevant GL when a certain metric is low"

Tomato states, "People tend to do that based on opinion regardless"

Anonymous says, "Yeah GL slam doesn't seem to revolve around metrics to me"

Tomato states, "City metric is different than GL opinion rates for a reason"

mono is idle.

mono is no longer idle.
mono has returned from AFK.

Tomato says, "I've seen GL's hated despite having legendary city metric just because characters did not like that character"

Ghed says, "However, the opposite is very unlikely"

Tomato says, "Which is quite apropos, you can be great at your job and people will still dislike you if you aren't personable"

Deedee states, "I've seen it happen mostly around the law metric"

Tomato claims, "Those instances have always seemed to be specific to the character, from the past few times I've seen it"

Leta says, "There is a penalty to GL approval with low metrics, but it could be overcome with 1-2 solid supports."

Ghed nods at Leta.

Ghed claims, "People often forget how powerful it is to court guild members, GLs, and nobles for support"

Ghed states, "Go pay them in flesh, booze, jewels, reciprocal support, magical items, etc"

Ghed clears his throat.

Hawali claims, "This is my first GL role since the system was implemented. I'm not sure which end is up yet, but I'll figure it out little by little."

Ghed wonders, "Okay! We are approaching the top of the hour. Any other comment or mini topic?"

A male voice says, "Magical items eh"

A male voice claims, "Hmmmmmm"

A male voice states, "I sense a new market opening up"

Tomato claims, "I remind people that the blackmarket exists"

Leta states to Hawali, "Feel free to reach out if staff can help in that regard"

Tomato states, "And you can sell magical shit and its not likely to be taken down if you don't overtly say its magical"

Hawali says to Ghed, "Will do."

Tomato claims, "Or get up to mischief otherwise with rare/illegal perhaps possibly heretical items and iconography"

Tomato claims, "Just again, be chill about the latter, if you put up 'cultist bible on sale' the church is probably going to look into it"

Hawali states, "I like it."

Deedee claims, "Hm"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

Tomato says, "But 'Rare book of interest to discerning scholars' on the black market might not get as much notice"

Ghed states, "There's only so much the Order can cover"

Deedee claims, "Might be interesting to have some sort of mage market."

Tomato states, "'Panacea cure-all the physicians dont know about' might sell your potion"

Deedee says, "Topic for another time I guess"

Tomato states, "Snake oil, very good for hair and skin, undisclosed, might turn you into a snake"

Leta grins.

Ghed declaims to Tomato, "'Physicians HATE them!'"

A male voice pontificates, "Warts and boils? Coughs and shivers? Worry no more with Master Mirror's Cure-All Tonic!"

Ghed claims, "Okay! We're at the top of the hour. Time to return to grid and get to usual shenanigans."

Hawali states, "Thanks for the meeting."

Deedee waves.

Deedee claims, "Oh"

Ghed states, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Deedee says, "I'll be out of the country from next Friday"

Deedee claims, "For about 2 weeks. access might be spotty"

Hawali says, "Don't forget to come back"

Ghed nods at Hawali.

Ghed states, "That's very much important"

Ghed trails off, "Alright! Sending you back to Urth in 3..."

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Urtha closes her eyes, lifts a thigh and farts again.

Ghed trails off, "1..."

• Information