Log of OOC Meeting 2022-06-18

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:04 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed has transferred GeeBee.  [OOC]

Temi gives a plump little cake topped by a crown of columbine blossoms to GeeBee.

Deedee states, "Nothing comes to mind at the moment."
Kinaed finishes abruptly to GeeBee, "You didn't miss anything just yet - just asking people if they have topics at the moment :)"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Leta has transferred Ikeala.  [OOC]

Temi gives a plump little cake topped by a crown of columbine blossoms to Ikeala.

GeeBee declaims, "Thanks Kinaed!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll kick off Staff Updates, then work top down on the who list."

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee claims, "I did have some questions about the color system, but it'll come up during chat probably"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I processed the request queue, got a hot start on the Turf Wars spec, held a pretty productive staff meeting, and so on."

Kinaed claims, "I think I did some help file work and such as well, and went through the Request Board at least once, but it was very early last week."

Kinaed says to Eurus, "Your turn :)"

Eurus states, "Colors was the big one here. Also lots of bugs, mostly in the magecraft area. Hit on some plant issues, added some statuses to affects (mostly for screenreaders who may not have them in a prompt), and... I think that's the majority of it for me."

Leta says, "Check out help news if you'd like a list of some of the fixes =)"

Kinaed states to Eurus, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed states to Leta, "Your turn :)"

Deedee says, "Oh nice touch on adding color codes to tool show"

Eurus nods.

Eurus pontificates, "Figured more color codes meant a good time for more accessible color codes!"

Leta says, "I handled the usual requests, recommends and questions alongside Ghed and Temi. I also polished off a few things with the directory command and made our xterm color helpfiles for Eurus's update"

Deedee nods at Eurus.

Eurus declares, "For the record Leta probably put about as much time into making those helpfiles as I did working on the backend, so thanks for that!"

River states, "The gradient one is very handy."

Eurus says, "And thanks to Temi/Leta/Ghed for all helping test it and get the big/scary stuff taken care of"

Kinaed states, "Thanks Leta :)"

Deedee queries, "Will it work for background colors too?"

Deedee states, "Helpfile doesn't mention it"

Leta states, "I plan to add one or two more to help with color selecting, and I am also happy to take recommendations as to what would be helpful."

Leta states to Deedee, "It does, though as always, please use backgrounds in moderation"

Leta says, "If you use capital letters instead of lowercase, it should work"

Eurus nods.

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee states, "Sounds good, that's how it works in tintin too."

Eurus says, "Direct translation, so efa is foreground and EFA background"

Kinaed says, "Thank you sincerely :)"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Your turn :)"

Deedee asks, "Will the color tool on the website be updated?"

Kinaed states to Deedee, "Good question. Not sure who the owner of that is, but I'll take a note to investigate if we can update it."

Deedee states, "I could look into it, but won't have time for a few weeks"

Temi claims, "I finished going through all the skill quests and made sure they're all populating on restocks, so that should be in place now.  Helped with some plots, requests and testing.  I've also gone through all your results from the mage survey and came up with some talking points for staff to go over them.  I'll be out over this next week, back again next Saturday, not sure if it'll be before or after OOC chat, but make sure you get things to me shortly if you need something from me specifically."

Temi says, "The color tool I did will probably not be updated.  There was one someone else did that.. not sure."

Violet is idle.

Temi claims, "But I no longer have the code for mine."

Violet is no longer idle.

Violet has returned from AFK.

Violet states, "Oop"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed states, "That's it for Staff Updates, thanks to the staff for some hard work and good outcomes this past week."

Kinaed muses, "Next up - Player Heartbeat :) How was the game for you this week, everyone?"

Pookstall claims, "Last weekend was nice, though today so far had had a hard time finding folks"

A male voice claims, "It's been kind of dead during the day."

Leta nods.

Deedee states, "Haven't had time to play this week, but I am popping on once or twice a day to check boards or mail"

River states, "Been good for me."

Kinaed questions, "Sounds like overall okay :) Anything we should be looking at to improve stuff?"

Kinaed asks, "Seems a bit quiet today :) We don't have any player topics either, so should we wrap it up?"

Temi muses, "Did the color topic get covered to satisfaction?"

River ponders.

River claims, "I have a question, not about colors."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at River.

Kinaed claims, "Happy to answer any questions we can."

GeeBee is idle.
Ikeala is idle.

Ikeala is no longer idle.
Ikeala has returned from AFK.

River states, "Is it possible to get married in a heretic religion? Heretic priest roles would be pretty cool."

Anonymous claims, "AFAIK it's not. The marry command REQUIRES that you be an order guild member"

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Anonymous claims, "'Course, nothing stopping you from just saying you're married. It's not like others can see your score sheet"

Temi states, "Though I don't know that you'd want to publicly tell someone your shaman married you."

Kinaed states, "You can call yourself married, for sure, but the law won't recognize it if the Order didn't do it."

Anonymous claims, "I'll have you know that our local shaman is a great, nice ma- I mean dreadfully tainted unfortunate soul who needs to be saved."

Deedee says, "The code also doesn't. Maybe code marriage should be separated and/or settable by staff"

Kinaed states, "Albeit how they would know or not if it came out of a backstory is an interesting question. We have had people 'go to Farin' for a wedding, for example and come back married. Usually staff help with those."

Kinaed says to Deedee, "Staff can set it, yes."

Temi claims, "I think we have allowed marriages done in Tubor that Lithmore wouldn't acknowledge"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Deedee says, "On an alt, I had a character married in Tubor, but staff wouldn't set the married flag"

River says, "Maybe roles like "Path of Fire Priest" could be a thing to be bought into, and those characters could perform IC on grid heretic marriages for people to participate in/order members to possibly waltz into. Just a thought. Could be neat."

Kinaed says, "We usually have some RPA assistance around it, like going through the IC motions of 'how did they authenticate this' stuff"

Temi claims, "I think we've updated on that since that state"

Temi nods at Deedee.

Temi says, "Though at least on the books in Tubor is an authority the Order admits exists, if not entirely agrees with"

Kinaed says to River, "I've made a note and Staff can discuss it as Staff Talking points :)"

River gives it a thumbs up.

Deedee claims, "On colors, I think I'm good for now. Do need to fix my various client scripts to work since it broke some things though"

River questions, "Are plates coming back?"

GeeBee is no longer idle.
GeeBee has returned from AFK.

Temi asks, "You mean for serving food?"

River nods.

Temi states, "We're not quite sure how we would want them to look."

Temi states, "We weren't happy with the previous ideas, and not sure to what degree they got implemented."

Leta muses to River, "What would you like plates to do?"

Eurus says, "I would approve of more breakable dishes"

Anonymous states, "If you add breakable dishes, I know at least one person who will throw one at me"

Eurus says, "Fun for the whole family"

River says to Leta, "I honestly don't know. I just know I want to make matching plate, cup, and pitcher sets."

River peers about.

Leta smiles.

Temi says, "You certainly can make platters now, and have them as a serving dish"

Temi claims, "But having them analogous to cups is a bit awkward, because you don't actually eat dishes now, like you drink cups."

Kinaed jots notes.

A male voice asks, "Speak for yourself; you dont eat your blue plate with the blue plate special?"

Temi states, "Well, speaking for myself... I eat just about anything.  But speaking for the average human, you don't."

Kinaed has eaten corpses and stuff. Running joke.

River claims, "I suppose the appeal to plates vs platters is that plates actually do something. Platters just kind of sit there and hold things."

Kinaed eats a leather ale-skin shaped like a man with a rotund beer gut.
Kinaed squirts liquid from the mouth of her man-shaped ale-skin into her own mouth.

Kinaed burmps.

Kinaed nods at River.

River wants to be engaged, like a child.

Deedee states, "I think the eat code would need a bit of overhaul to do plates like was planned"

Temi nods at Deedee.

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Temi says, "Yeah, I think that was the stumbling block."

Temi claims, "They make more sense if eat on a container ate the first food in it, and we had containers that could get discarded once they were empty"

Kinaed states, "Probably, but not necessarily out of the question. I do think that there are other things that TI would probably want more than functional plates with our alloted programming time, but I think it's a reasonable thing to add to the list."

Deedee nods.

River nods.

Deedee says, "I wouldn't mind, but there's other improvements I want more"

River states, "It's pretty silly and trivial. Definitely not important."

Kinaed states, "Which specific improvements do people want more at the moment? We have a long list."

Deedee trails off, "Aside from covert skills which are being worked on, lemme think..."

Temi claims, "Well, I just posted a nice list of cool spells we could consider."

River claims, "More spells. Particularly high level ones, and better grandmaster ones."

A male voice states, "I like cool spells."

Kinaed nods at River.

Ikeala claims, "Talking about the covert skill work up, I had a thought/question."

Deedee claims, "On a more base level, object scripting"

Temi states, "Based on the mage survey"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, looking at magic is something we're actively doing right now. A thank you to the Mages who responded to our feedback survey."

Deedee states, "It'd be nice to interact more with the environment, and not need a mob to do various things"

Kinaed wonders, "Examples?"

Deedee claims, "Pulling levers to open secret passages"

Deedee says, "That sort of thing"

Kinaed says, "Thanks, making a note :)"

Deedee claims, "Being able to 'use' an object to do more than just echo something would be neat too"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

River says, "I want that staff thingy that lets you set multiple echoes and it picks one from the list."

Deedee claims, "That'd be neat too. tool only lets you do one."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed claims, "Scribbling notes fast and furious."

Kinaed asks, "Thanks again for sharing thoughts. What else would we like to talk about?"

Ikeala questions, "With the new Sneak/Hide spec, has there been any thought long-term about how the Remember system interacts with some things?"

Leta muses to Ikeala, "Can you elaborate?"

Deedee claims, "That'd be nice too"

Kinaed says to Ikeala, "Not at the moment, what are you thinking we should consider? I can add things."

Deedee says, "Being able to remember a cloak for example"

Deedee states, "So you can send messengers"

Temi says, "I know we have an old spec for disguises that I love, that has things like a disguise getting its own remember profile."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

River states, "That would be very handy."

Kinaed claims, "I think being able to remember objects is probably a good idea. However, being able to remember a cloak for the purposes of sending a messenger doesn't sound realistic."

Temi states, "I don't think we ever picked it up because remember code was tough, but Eurus might have the skills for it, at some point."

Ikeala says, "Yeah, just a lot of things that I think would have more value like we have masks, wigs, makeup, etc but ... they don't have a lot of real function because of how 'powerful' the remember system is."

Kinaed says, "And some cloaks probably ought not to be memorable 'a nondescript black cloak' that is sold everywhere, for example."

Kinaed says, "And then it's just setting up a new class of object that is the only class people would use."

Kinaed nods at Ikeala.

Kinaed states, "That's a good point re: disguise objects and lack of function"

Kinaed states, "Taking notes - but I can confirm we haven't considered the remember command with regards to hide and sneak."

GeeBee is idle.

GeeBee is no longer idle.

GeeBee has returned from AFK.

Kinaed wonders, "What else is on anyone's mind? :)"

River ponders.

Temi states, "We could just send folks back and get on to staff discussions"

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Let's do that. It's only five minutes to the top of the hour :)"

Kinaed exclaims, "Thank you for attending and sharing your thoughts, everyone!"

Leta waves.

Temi waves.

Kinaed says, "I hope to see you next week."

Kinaed trails off, "Retrans in 3..."

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

• Information