Log of OOC Meeting - 2022-06-11

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Temi

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:57 pm

Posted for Gunn.
Log session starting at 00:01:44 on Sunday, 12 June 2022.

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register
a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Ghed has transferred River.  [OOC]

Temi gives a soft floor cushion embroidered with miniature coffee mugs to River.

Ghed has transferred Earthworm.  [OOC]

Ikeala says, "I've a bit of a thought if there's time at the end."

Temi gives a soft floor cushion embroidered with miniature coffee mugs to Earthworm.

Ghed has transferred Anonymous.  [OOC]

Temi gives a soft floor cushion embroidered with miniature coffee mugs to Anonymous.

Earthworm cui

Earthworm stops using a silver bar.
Earthworm holds a soft floor cushion embroidered with miniature coffee mugs in their hand.

Earthworm pats their seating cushion, testing the softness of its stuffing.

Earthworm gives their cushion a good fluffing, plumping up its shape.

Ghed has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Kinaed states, "Okay, if there's no one, let's kick off Staff Updates. Last week, I worked some more on the
Stealth Spec."

Temi gives a soft floor cushion embroidered with miniature coffee mugs to Wimpled.

Kinaed queries, "It's here for people who would like to have a look and make any comments before I pass it to
Eurus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cvb ... sp=sharing"

Kinaed claims to Ikeala, "I hear I missed you, but I have you now for topics."

Kinaed turns off some spam.

Ikeala nods.

Kinaed says, "Let's see. I think I did some help file updates and stuff last week, but that was it."

Kinaed claims, "Haven't been around much. Covid went away, work came back :)"

Kinaed trails off, "Let's do top down today ..."

Kinaed claims to Eurus, "You're up :)"

Eurus says, "Uhhh, got lash spec pretty much finished up. It's ready for deployment now, so we'll get the
helpfiles and all that done up. Added checkalias from last weeks meeting, fixed a big with ab <skill> not 
showing stats, added locale random for staff, other assorted bugs annnd... that's mostly it. Lot of background 
stuff to make my life easier, and prepping reports to fix other larger scale bugs or revamp current systems."

Kinaed states, "Very cool :) "

Kinaed states, "Thank you"

Ghed pontificates, "Eurus is good!"

Kinaed claims to Ghed, "You're up next :)"

Ghed nods.

Ghed states, "This week I began doing house evictions after a long pause. It's a lot of work and there are new
items at the Auction House and new property at the Real Estate.
Other than that I did a million recommends, well done and thanks a lot.
Please remember to cnote your characters' discoveries and important, specially covert actions."

Kinaed states to Ghed, "Thank you, that's much appreciated."

Kinaed claims to Leta, "You're next :)"

Leta says, "I hopped around grid trying to ensure directory was ready to go and every room properly flagged.
To the players I accidentally crossed paths with, apologies! You should now be able to use directory <keyword> 
at the Entrance to the Merchants' Guildhall to search for items available in all public NPC and PC shops on 
grid."

Leta states, "I also handled the usual phome builds, requests and recommends alongside Ghed and Temi and
helped Eurus with bug testing."

Kinaed claims to Leta, "Thank you :) That's a heap of work."

Eurus says, "Leta put more work into directory than I did"

Kinaed nods at Eurus.

Deedee claims, "One thing on that"

Kinaed questions, "Mm?"

Kinaed is exploding with sneezes. :(

Deedee asks, "Would it be possible to enable it in the Physicians for medical-related items?"

Ghed states, "I'm sure you can pay a merchant to check for you"

Kinaed claims, "I think it's best kept to one place."

Deedee states, "Alright."

Kinaed questions to Leta, "Are physician items in the directory though?"

Leta says, "The Apothecarium, Morris Medical Supply, any any other physician or medically-relevant property on
roster is included"

Kinaed claims, "Nice. Thank you again :)"

Ikeala asks, "A suggestion on that?"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Your turn :)"

Temi says, "I added the wound dressing craft to medicine that we discussed last week.  The RP bandages that
turn bloody.  Other than that, I've been reviewing the existing skill quests to ensure they are all set to 
load currently.  Still a few more to go through, and it's still not the permanent solution.  And a few of the 
usual request things."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Leta queries to Ikeala, "Yes?"

Kinaed waits for Ikeala. 

Eurus pontificates, "And helping me break things so you guys (hopefully) don't have to, thanks Temi!"

Ikeala wonders, "To encourage RPing with a Merchant maybe Merchants could check it anywhere the same way Bards
can get rumors anywhere? That way 'start a scene and RP with a PC Merchant' would be as good an alternative as 
running to that room?"

Ikeala says, "Just as a thought."

Deedee states, "Sounds fair to me."

Deedee states, "There's a few other systems that work that way."

Kinaed nods.

Leta nods.

Leta pontificates, "We can look into that. Sounds like a great idea to me!"

Temi says to Eurus, "Yes, right!  Lots of lashing too."

Kinaed smiles.

Eurus claims, "We have lashed many peasants in our free time"

Deedee claims, "Though Merchants do already have a glut of perks."

Gunn queries, "We do?"

Deedee says, "Mhmm"

Kinaed states, "We may want to list guild perks in the guild help files."

Kinaed says, "I can't remember them all."

Kinaed claims, "I think that's everything for staff updates :)"

Deedee says, "Sorry, not to say I'm opposed to adding more, just want to point out we should add more to other
guilds to compensate and balance"

Kinaed muses, "So let's kick off Player Heartbeat! How was the game for everyone this week?"

Gunn claims, "I had some scenes. 'Twas good."

Kinaed says to Deedee, "A lot of what people have is thematic and not even code, but culture or structural."

Kinaed states to Gunn, "That's good news. :)"

Dazzl says, "I've managed to squeeze in a few scenes during an otherwise wild week."

Kinaed muses to Dazzl, "Were they good ones overall?"

Kalana declaims, "I was really happy with the turnout and work people did at the brewing contest.  Lots of
fun!"

Kinaed wonders to Kalana, "Thank you for running it. Have staff awarded you yet?"

Kalana states, "They did, yep"

Kinaed claims, "Awesome :)"

Murrmurs claims, "Got a good range of scenes in, hope that folks enjoyed what I had to offer this time
around."

Dazzl nods. "Oh yeah!"

Kinaed declaims to Murrmurs, "Good news!"

Kinaed smiles at Dazzl.

Kinaed asks, "Is anything shitting anyone that isn't a topic already?"

Ghed states, "Seems not."

Kinaed states, "I can roll with that."

Temi grins.

Temi states, "Better that folks are generally happy"

Kinaed states, "Also, I was just looking at last week's OOC Chat notes, and Eurus may not have mentioned it,
but 'courier check <alias>' also went in last week for those who requested it."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ikeala exclaims, "Thanks!"

Leta exclaims, "To be clear courier checkalias <name>! "

Kinaed states, "Alright, thank you for that everyone :)"

Kinaed questions to Ikeala, "You had a topic for us today?"

Kinaed has transferred Tasker.  [OOC]

Ikeala claims, "So this has the potential to be a bit of a topic, however, I'd like to take a moment and
discuss the 'obviousness' of some mage spells. IE - that once people OOC learn what certain echoes/messages 
mean their IC reaction to mage type RP is very different."

Temi gives a soft floor cushion embroidered with miniature coffee mugs to Tasker.

Anonymous claims, "Oh my god its a tasker"

Anonymous hides.

Kinaed nods.

Earthworm sits down and rests.

Ghed says to Ikeala, "People shouldn't react to stuff their characters don't know as if they did"

Deedee says, "I think several are referenced in the erra pater"

Temi claims, "Yeah, making rash assumptions based on the Erra Pater can be a lot of fun."

Kinaed states, "Referenced, sure, but outright explicitly explained as magic... not so much."

Ghed says, "You see a magic echo that isn't in the erra pater and would be perfectly normal IRL, you ignore
it"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "I guess it depends on the specific examples."

Temi says, "If you OOCly know what's going on magic wise due to another character, it can also be a good habit
to be purposefully wrong."

Deedee nods at Kinaed.

Earthworm says to Ikeala, "Can you give specific example of echoes that seem to change behavior"

Ikeala states, "Universally I'd say 'the shiver'"

Kinaed nods at Ikeala.

Ghed claims, "A shiver means a witch just passed nearby or looked in your direction"

Kinaed asks, "We can add an OOC warning to that?"

Ghed states, "A sneeze means a demon just farted"

Kinaed claims, "And said your name."

Ghed states to Kinaed, "I like the ambiguity, and we have policy helpfiles, IMHO"

River says, "Why does it need to be so obvious at all? There are perfectly normal itching and sneezing
messages that would make an interesting replacement."

Ghed states, "Yes"

Kinaed claims to Ghed, "If we have ones that are universally treated as more than they ought to be, it may
mean we need to change the message or alert people that 'the common person wouldn't note this' or something"

Ghed states, "Not all 'mage echoes' are actually magical"

Deedee states, "Those are used too"

Ghed claims, "There is a degree of randomness to heighten paranoia and uncertainty"

Kinaed claims, "Or we can just add random shivers like we have sneezes."

Ikeala says, "Particularly during winter time. Or in rooms that are 'cold'"

Ikeala says, "But overall just a bit of public awareness that sometimes people are just trying to do a bit of
spookiness."

Temi says, "Maybe some of those echoes that are more obvious should have only a random chance of showing up
when it happens, instead of every time."

Ikeala claims, "Or have a Wisdom check or something? Either way. I appreciate thinking about it."

Kinaed nods at Ikeala.

Ghed says, "I think self discipline is best"

Deedee says, "Hm."

River states, "Sure, adding 'the magic shiver' as another message you can get randomly would work. Or instead
of 'the magic shiver,' using the sneezes and itches and such that already exist. But also... it shouldn't be a 
completely different color. As it is now."

Ghed says, "We can't police every little thing if you ask me"

Kinaed claims, "I've made some notes and we're adding this to Staff Talking Points."

Kinaed nods at River.

River states, "You can't police every little thing, but I also don't think you have to make it OOC obvious
that a spell is being used on a muggle."

Kinaed states, "Thank you for raising it."

Ghed nods at River.

Ghed declaims to River, "Fair!"

Anonymous says, "Muggle. lol."

Deedee states, "I assumed being colored and such made it apparent it wasn't natural on purpose"

Kinaed claims, "Well, on one hand we do have the shiver so that the player has a chance of noticing."

Kinaed claims, "If we didn't want them to have any chance, we'd not have the message at all."

Deedee nods.

Ghed claims, "Let's talk it over laterrrrr"

Kinaed says, "But maybe we need to adjust it if it's so uniform and easily negating a spell."

Kinaed says, "In any case, your message is heard and it's on Staff Talking Points."

River says, "I think having a message to foster suspicion is a good idea. Just not one that is quite that
obvious."

River nods.

Ikeala bows.

Kinaed nods at River.

Kinaed muses, "Well, that's pretty much our agenda done today. What else would people like to talk about?"

Deedee states, "The way it is now is quite chilling, so it has that at least."

River ponders.

Temi grins at Deedee.

River says, "I saw talismans were made puttable on charm bracelets. Were their weights also reduced? They're
like 10 pounds."

Deedee states, "Similarly, when you're being hunted by mages, it's pretty funny when the clouds pass overhead
making a shadow. makes me jump."

Leta claims to River, "They are! Or at least, should be."

Leta states, "This was previously mentioned, tested and implemented as per help news."

Wimpled says, "I always think the cloud shadows are something."

Deedee nods.

Gunn claims, "Omg same"

Wimpled claims, "Then get disappointed when they are not."

Dazzl says, "Saaame."

Wimpled says, "I need some weather mage to start stalking my character so my dreams can come true. "

Gunn claims, "I throw a tomahawk to the sky then it lands on me foot"

Temi states, "The talismans I looked at weren't that heavy, but I'll double check that there's not some out of
line."

Ikeala says, "So here's a random thought. Talking about 'things mentioned in the Erra Pater'"

Kinaed states, "Oh, did I put out a player survey last week? I think I sent one to mages, but I'd written two
and want to survey the general players about TI and what stuff players are keen to see soon beyond stealth 
fixes."

Kinaed muses, "Also, has anyone had the opportunity on any alt to try 'steal' out since we changed it?"

Penelope is idle.

Temi states, "I think you may not have published that one, just asked us about suggestions"

River states, "I only saw the mage one."

Kinaed nods at River.

Ikeala asks, "Do we actually have any spiky hedgehog boys that wander around the wilderness? Or sell them as
pets?"

Earthworm queries, "Spiky hedgehog boys?"

Murrmurs states, "Rhyme at more rats, too."

Deedee trails off, "Hmm.... don't think I've seen one"

Murrmurs points at the command.

Penelope is no longer idle.

Penelope has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "I don't see any hedgehog mobs in the list"

Deedee muses, "Would be fun if we had more Urth-only creatures like.... Nyxises? Nyxi?"

Kinaed states, "Only four responses to the mage survey. I'll bump that."

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Deedee says, "Though I do just picture them as opossums"

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kinaed declares, "Meanwhile, for those who filled out the survey, THANK YOU!"

Dazzl declares, "I picture them much like opossums, too, but more soft and cute!"

Temi grins.

Temi says, "They do seem pretty cute."

Kinaed asks, "Were we adding some kind of pet? *drawn back to the conversation*"

Temi states, "There was a question about hedgehogs, and then Deedee was mentioning nyxises."

Kinaed states, "Ahh."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Deedee says, "Ikela just pointed out that hedgehogs are mentioned in the rhyme of portents, but aren't on
grid"

River states, "Ceramic or porcelain masks would be nice additions to artwork."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed jots both ideas down - hedgehogs & nyxis, masks.

Temi says, "Artwork does have some issues with already being jack-of-all-trades.  We don't want to make it so
you don't need any other crafts, for sure.  But we can look at it."

River states, "Artwork already has a mask, though. Paper masks."

Kinaed nods at River.

Kinaed queries, "What else would people like to discuss? :)"

Ghed says, "We have nixes"

Ghed wonders, "Oh you want pets?"

Ghed laughs.

Ghed says, "Okay sorry"

River ponders.

Deedee says, "I was just saying, it'd be nice to have more original animals like Nyxi"

Anonymous claims, "I want trolls to be a thing, so I can slay one."

Temi claims, "Trolls might be too high-magic"

Deedee wonders, "Demons aren't close enough?"

Gunn says, "You have hillmen"

Gunn sagenods

Anonymous states, "... I was making a metaphorical pun."

Anonymous states, "I'm TROLLING you by saying I want TROLLS."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed exclaims, "Hehe, okay if there's not a lot more people want to chat about, I'm going to call this early
so I can get to Staff Meetings and get some balls rolling for everyone. Thank you for your time today!"

Ghed declaims, "Please remember we have Theodora's birthday party starting a few minutes after this. At the
Columbina Cafe near the Globe Theatre!"

Kinaed says, "Please do have a look at that Stealth Spec and make any comments."

Kinaed pontificates, "Sweet, yes! Go party! :)"

Deedee waves.

Kinaed trails off, "Retrans in 3..."

Kinaed says, "2.."

Kinaed says, "1.."

• Information