Log of OOC Meeting 2022-06-04

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:02 pm

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed claims, "Might be a short OOC Chat :)"

Lans states, "Not me"

Sparkles claims, "I've an idea if there's a moment."

Kinaed declares to Sparkles, "Thanks, I'll put you down!"

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed trails off, "Going once..."

Kinaed claims, "Alright, let's kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I hired Eurus. :) I think that's pretty much all I did except subsequently pushing code to our master branch from bed. Work has resumed now that I no longer have Covid."

Kinaed declaims, "That's it for me, I'll run from bottom up today - Temi, you're up!"

Temi says, "Okay!  Not a lot of anything big this week.  I have been working on some testing and some typo things, along with some of the normal approvals and things."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Leta, "Your turn, Leta :)"

Leta exclaims, "I had a busy week. I handled the usual requests, questions, and recommends alongside Temi and Ghed. I helped test a few bugs, including breed/pregnancy. It should now be working as intended, and with that, we revamped the mini-pvents it provides. Thank you, Eurus!"

Ghed claims, "Leta worked her bum off, really"

Leta exclaims, "I also built two phome extensions, sprinkled some new forage items throughout grid, and manually added every rostered shop to the new directory command (which should be live once Eurus patches in a bug fix). If you spot a (null) when looking up an item, report it to me for QP!"

Leta states, "I think the only other thing has been combing through crafts. Jeweling should now be more standardized, will start woodworking next."

Kinaed says, "Wow, nice job, thank you :)"

Anonymous asks, "Standardized in terms of salvage?"

Deedee claims, "Busy busy"

Leta claims to Anonymous, "Both salvage and the items required to make things. For example, copper rings didn't require the swage block that all other rings required"

Kinaed claims to Ghed, "You're up :)"

Ghed says, "Oh it's me"

Ghed claims, "I thought it was Eurus"

Ghed states, "Lol sec"

Temi grins.

Kinaed states, "Going bottom up today :)"

Ghed asks, "This week I was on vacation so I did little. Just some recommends, a new inn, and minor tidbits. Please remember I am accepting ambiance recommendations at https://bit.ly/3sKwxhB - So far no one has posted anything since august of last year, so maybe take a look?"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims to Ghed, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Eurus, "You're up :)"

Eurus claims, "Hello! Mostly covered by what others said. Helped get directory in, and we're just waiting for all the meeting stuff and we'll have that last fix live. Got pregnancy stuff sorted, so shouldn't need any further Staff involvement there! Fixed other random bugs, such as the reply bug, and a few other I started on and just need to finish testing. Oh, lash spec is nearly done and we should be ready to release that in the next day or two for our noble friends."

Temi nods in agreement with Eurus.

Kinaed says, "Exciting to see lash coming in :)"

Ghed exclaims, "Yeah good job mate!"

Trogdor pontificates, "Bwhaha! "

Eurus declares, "Will continue to monitor all that stuff for any issue/oddity. Thanks to the rest of Staff for all the help testing and everything! Oh, we also fixed a flag with shopkeepers, so shopkeepers who have the proper flag will correctly sell to hooded folks!"

Temi states, "It's doing a great job of lashing now!  We just have to test up the times where there shouldn't be lashing, when Eurus finishes that up."

Temi grins.

Tasker states, "Savages watch out"

Trogdor states, "I do hope GI isn't in a bad mood anytime soon >:)"

Lans says, "And heretics"

Lans claims, "Also people who have two eyes"

Kinaed states, "Good stuff, thank you :)"

Lans nods sagely.

Temi wonders to Lans, "How about three eyes?"

Trogdor says, "Sus"

Lans says, "Sus"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that's everything for Staff Updates. Next comes Player Heartbeat! How was the game for everyone this week, folks?"

Deedee says, "Those get lashed too, but to a pyre"

Kalana declares, "Things have been pretty good from what I've seen.  Hopefully people are excited for the event tomorrow!"

Lans claims, "I'm enjoying the surge in players. I just wish we had more guildies overall."

Kinaed wonders, "Do players realize they can purchase directly into guilds?"

Kinaed claims, "Maybe people just want to be free and independent :)"

Temi claims, "I have seen it happen this week."

Deedee claims, "Been busy at work, as usual. had a couple of nice short scenes though"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Nice."

Tasker exclaims, "Weekly plug that you don't have to be a Mage to join the Sanctum! "

Lans says, "And that you don't have to leave your guild to join the Sanctum either, unless you're Order"

Aprilis states, "It's been a good RP week. :)"

Anonymous claims, "Lashing"

Anonymous states, "Ooo"

Kinaed says to Aprilis, "That's good to hear :)"

Tasker says, "Sinner"

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Lans declares, "Really, please consider dual guilding to sanctum or thieves if you think it's a fun idea!"

Anonymous says, "Is lashing noble only or also for great lords"

Lans states, "... don't tell Lilikoi I said that"

Anonymous claims, "And/or orderite 'nobility'"

Kinaed states to Anonymous, "Noble only, but Great Lords are nobles."

Anonymous sticks his tongue out at trogdor.

Temi says, "With effective class of nobility."

Anonymous states, "Kk"

Kinaed questions to Temi, "Does that mean it works for social nobility as well?"

Kinaed cannot recall the spec.

Temi claims, "It should, yes."

Kinaed says, "I think that means it might work for some GLs too."

Anonymous says, "Social nobility are now codedly nobility as their social class too so"

Eurus claims, "It does currently, yes. Anybody who has the social or temporary rank of it"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Nice - thanks for the confirm, Eurus :)"

Leta pontificates, "Anyone who can do a noble project and wear gold should be able to lash, then!"

Eurus says, "We made it that way so we can reverse it on whip-a-noble-day and the freemen can rise up"

Anonymous states, "Wait what"

Eurus states, "That's just humor"

Anonymous states, "Oh nonononononono"

Kinaed states, "... I mean, I kinda like it. But.. yeah, nah."

Aprilis claims, "I'm going to tentatively say... I hope we don't end up with a rash of lashings for... silly things."

Deedee asks of Aprilis, "Why not?"

Trogdor questions, "Re: lashing, can it be made to be an add on to a role so regular Inquisitors can lash?"

Tasker says, "Reminds me of the time Inquisitors were trying to whip people but had no whip skill, so they would keep missing. Hilarity ensued."

Trogdor states, "It is right smack dab in the middle of their purview, after all"

Violet states, "As long as it's a thematic silly thing, no complaints here"

Kinaed states, "Re: trogdor, I've written it down for consideration."

Trogdor declaims, "Graci!"

Earthworm says, "So thats why trogdor's been training whips"

Earthworm says, "It all makes sense now"

Taxius queries, "Hey. If the inquisitors get it then what about the Reeves?"

Aprilis claims, "I have a strong distaste for when nobles/titled folks make the game all about them and whether or not they received their proper curtsey. Just a footnote."

Kinaed questions, "We ready to move on to Player Topics? I only have one registered, but hey, I don't mind an short OOC Chat if it means people can get back to sweet, sweet RP"

Taxius says, "Reeves can thematically lash you too as punishment."

Anonymous states, "Sure just get the chains and whip out and have at it"

Anonymous states, "Afaik the lash spec was for when player reeves aren't around"

Kinaed claims to Anonymous, "That's the one."

Temi says, "We could decide that Reeves and Inquisitors should have the ability to just use inflict and lash themselves.  This was specifically about nobility having the expected ability to order it, but not to actually do it themselves necessarily."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Trogdor says, "Ahhhhhh i seee"

Kinaed claims, "I've jotted down the notes and we can discuss it in Staff Meeting after, see who else should have access."

Anonymous claims, "Just remember"

Trogdor claims, "Okay, that makes sense"

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "Are you ready to introduce your topic/idea?"

Anonymous states, "Abusing commoners by lashing them for no good reason is breaking the law of caring"

Sparkles says, "You can use Inflict as long as you have someone in cuffs, just saying."

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Anonymous states, "Which im sure trogdor would l o v e to point out if it comes up"

Aprilis declaims, "Whew. Glad to hear that law piped up. Thanks!"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Anonymous coughs

Leta nods at Sparkles.

Temi says to Anonymous, "But lashing commoners for a good reason is an excellent way to show you are about their souls."

Anonymous says, "Of course"

Aprilis claims, "This is also true."

Aprilis states, "I like good reasons."

Kaia is idle.

Trogdor says, "Rolfcopters are happening from me right now"

Sparkles questions, "So I was going to say that now that we've introduced ways for people to use aliases in plots that are tied to the mail system. Would there be any thought about a command to check if an alias is available outside of the courier POLCA?"

Anonymous says, "I imagined they would"

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "What do you mean?"

Temi wonders, "Do you mean if that person is available, or if the alias is not taken?"

Kinaed queries, "I'd think if you tried to create one that exists already, you'd get a message?"

Sparkles claims, "Yes, but only from within the Courier POLCA AKA in a Courier room but not all sneaky RP always crops up in a mail room where you could check before telling Sally your name is Bob for example."

Kaia is no longer idle.
Kaia has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "I think not having done the pre-work to get your alias in order and accidentally picking someone else's name could result in hilarity."

Lans claims, "Lans is taken. Moral_Threats too."

Kinaed states, "I'm so sorry, I'm still not following why. There are reasons aliases aren't listed, for example, to prevent meta linking up aliases with the who list."

Anonymous states, "Dear magelord, i have that temijul you want, signed, jimmy. Then we find out magelord is lans."

Kinaed wonders, "Given an alias is just a name, and people just use them like you would IRL, I'm not following the utility to offset that. Are you asking to be able to see if a particular alias is RP available?"

Tasker states, "I knew it"

Temi says, "I think the idea is that it might be nice to off-the-cuff come up with a new alias and double check that you will be able to register it before you say that in RP."

Kinaed says, "Ahh"

Taxius claims, "It would be more newbie friendly. like a alias test <name> or something."

Kinaed nods at Taxius.

Sparkles states, "Because aliases tie to OOC things like pboards as much as IC things like mail etc."

Kinaed claims, "Seems like a reasonable request, so long as we don't list aliases that are in existence or anything."

Kinaed makes a note.

Deedee nods.

Trogdor states, "And it can also send a report to the reeves and knights as a potential moral threat! ;-)"

Kinaed nods.

Deedee says, "Alias is already a different kind of command, so will need an alias for the alias to test aliases"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think the request is reasonable."

Kinaed says, "Could just allow 'courier aliascheck <alias' or something"

Sparkles nods.

Taxius states, "I got a topic"

Deedee nods.

Sparkles declaims, "Anyways, thanks!"

Kinaed queries to Taxius, "Go ahead and raise it?"

Taxius says, "There are really cool bandage items from the physicians guild store. They are wearable and turn bloody after a time. They enhance rp for physicians. I would like to propose a conversion recipe from binding bandages to these wearable bandages, so that we can do it on the fly, because sometimes they run out or turn bloody in your medical bag and then it's really sad."

Deedee states, "Sounds good to me."

Temi states, "We're not opposed to the idea"

Lans states, "Sounds gritty"

Temi says, "Though I did want to note that the most useful place for craft ideas is the forums, as I scan that when I have a little extra time to do some"

Taxius says, "I don't have an account."

Deedee says, "Forums seem pretty dead in recent times"

Ghed says, "Oh I've been scanning them from this side"

Kinaed claims, "I've made a note about it regardless. :)"

Temi claims, "We are trying to make sure that the forums are considered less of a dead-end"

Kinaed claims, "We do talk about the ideas written on the forums in Staff Meetings."

Temi states, "And actively asking anyone who posts ideas on other boards like the request board to take them to the forums."

Deedee nods.

Ghed states, "I lifted a lot of ideas last month, including some from Deedeeeeeee"

Kinaed says, "Yes, please do not use the Request Board. That's like a staff to-do list that we try to keep as low as possible, and since those things need discussion before implementation, it'll clutter up people's actionable requests."

Deedee states, "I usually post to the forums, then refer to it in ooc chat if it's something I want to poke about"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed states, "I think that's a good practice."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Ghed nods.

Temi states, "Best of both worlds."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, thank you!"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else have anything we want to talk about in a general way?"

Temi says, "If you don't have a forum account, it should definitely be pretty easy to get one.  The info you need is all in game."

Temi states, "Help forum"

Deedee states, "Would be nice if there was a command to verify your account instead of asking staff"

Deedee states, "I think that was planned at one point"

Temi queries, "I don't think staff is generally required to verify a forum account?"

Temi claims, "You should just need the codeword"

Deedee claims, "Was before."

Deedee states, "Oh, well it's been a few years."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Temi states, "At least, I haven't done any approvals on forum accounts in quite a while.  If anyone finds they're still needed, please do let us know"

Deedee nods.

Temi states, "We can see what's going on."

Kinaed says, "Okay, if no one wants to chat about anything general, I'm happy to wrap this up and let everyone get back to their regular RP. :)"

Kinaed declaims, "Thank you for coming today!"

Sparkles waves.

Kinaed trails off, "I'll put everyone back in 3..."

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Tasker places his right fist over his heart in salute.

Leta waves.

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

Ghed waves.

Deedee waves.

• Information