Log of OOC Meeting - 2022-05-07

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat May 07, 2022 5:46 pm

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed says, "I'll take the crickets as no topics as of yet - if you think of one, send me a tell and I'll put you on the roster."

Kinaed says, "Meanwhile, kicking of Staff Updates - last week, I processed a lot of Recommendations (thank you everyone for making them), and met with the Sanctum guild (spooky). This week, I'm hoping to finish off the Stealth spec with Salem."

Kinaed declares, "That's it for me - next up, Ghed!"

Ghed says, "Uh uh"

Ghed declaims, "This week I progressed with the Crimson Troupe plot. We had a great scene on tuesday, thanks everyone for being such good sports. I also fixed a script or two and approved recommends. Please remember to cnote discoveries and secret information!"

Gunn states, "I have a small topic"

Kinaed says to Gunn, "Got you."

Kinaed states to Ghed, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Leta, "Your turn :"

Leta claims, "I handled the usual player questions, requests and recommends alongside Temi and Ghed. I sent a few players surprises related to Ghed's plot and will continue lending him a hand as things progress. I added to the food and drink options available at some public locales. I also combed through a portion of our crafting recipes in an attempt to make failure/salvage outputs consistent. Hopefully this helps both our scavengers and crafters =)"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Leta, "Thank you :0"

Kinaed states, "That's meant to be a smiley, it's 8am on a Sunday :)"

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Temi, "Last, but just as awesome - Temi, you're up :)"

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "I've been busy with real life stuff, but doing the normal plots and requests and such where I can."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "On the skill mini quest front, I did add another option to the hillman confession quest, since I heard he was being stubborn."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed queries, "That's it for Staff Updates. Now for Player Heartbeat! How was the game for everyone in this last week, folks?"

Gunn says, "I hear it's been hectic"

Deedee states, "Had some good scenes"

Kinaed wonders to Gunn, "For players? Interesting. Too much going on?"

Violet pontificates, "It was nice to see more people around this week!"

Kinaed claims to Deedee, "That's great to hear :)"

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Sparkles states, "Yeah, seems like we had some peaks with more people about this week, I've seen a few public scenes and seems like we have some new and/or returning faces as I've seen some cyans."

Temi says, "Always very nice to see"

Kinaed states, "That's always a pleasant feeling :)"

Deedee claims, "Thanks Ghed for running the current plot. had an good spin-off scene from it, too"

Sarni states, "It's been fun, looking forward to get into the real meat when I get more used to everything"

Kinaed nods at Sarni.

The sound of rain patters outside.

Ghed claims, "Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement"

Kinaed muses, "Thanks for sharing how the game went this last week :) Anything shitting anyone that they want Staff to be aware of?"

Kinaed says, "Er, that isn't already a topic *chuckle*"

Deedee says, "Well, I know it's already being looked into but"

Ghed wonders, "Yep?"

Deedee says, "Weekly IP calculations. I'm told it's been calculated manually and it should be right (I'm not entirely convinced with the long, on-going pattern), but I wanted to suggest that net support not affect IP from other methods"

Sparkles muses, "What other methods?"

Deedee states, "In other words, having subversions can wipe out IP from support, but not e.g. from being a noble, or guildleader"

Kinaed claims, "Yes, we'v done a line trace on IP (things like making rumors, I think), and we've definitely confirmed it is working as intended."

Kinaed says, "The suggest may have merit, I'll put it on Staff Talking points for discussion."

Kinaed claims to Deedee, "Thanks for that."

Deedee says, "Thanks"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anyone else?"

Kinaed claims, "Let's kick off Player Topics then :)"

Kinaed says to Gunn, "You're first up :)"

Gunn claims, "Courier packages are a special type of item. They aren't simple containers. The only way a player can make some is envelopes with the Artwork skill, and they aren't very big.
My proposal is to add a recipe for woodwork to be able to make courier boxes."

Deedee states, "Art also has boxes, not just envelopes"

Temi claims, "Players can also make paper boxes with the artwork skill, yeah."

Deedee claims, "I wouldn't be opposed to shipping crates in woodworking though."

Sparkles claims, "It would be nice to have a container large enough for say ... furniture items."

Deedee nods in agreement.

Gunn states, "Or armor sets"

Sparkles says, "So that folks could mail things in case there's time zone issues between the crafter and the customer etc."

Gunn states, "Anyhow that's my two cents, it's a bit tough to find affordable boxes otherwise"

Temi says, "Hrm, may be possible, though I'm not sure if the code would set the decay on wood boxes too."

Anonymous declares, "Lithmore mail service is like the USPS. your package must conform to regulations or its OUT!"

Temi says, "They would only be usable once still for sure."

Deedee states, "Make them salvagable and I'd be happy"

Temi says, "I would be concerned about people replacing all of their other fancy containers with big courier crates though."

Deedee states, "Hmm."

Sarni asks, "Is it possible to limit how many items you can put in it?"

Deedee says, "Well, there's already crates, that aren't allowed to be tooled as anything but a crate"

Temi says, "Not by number of items, just weight or size."

Gunn claims, "Anyhow, that's my take, not a big deal =)"

Kinaed states, "It might be wise to put a limit of number of objs on containers."

Temi claims, "I can see how much of an upgrade it would be from existing crates"

Kinaed claims, "Then we'd have more flexibility to allow certain things we handle ineptly."

Sparkles states, "My only worry would be if that would effect existing container items it might be a bit of a hot mess."

Deedee states, "Brings to mind, https://www.neatorama.com/2005/09/07/fedex-furniture/"

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Gunn queries, "Just make courier crates expire?"

Sparkles muses, "Just make the courier crate a seperate recipe?"

Gunn claims, "Exactly my point =)"

Temi says, "I think whether items can take multiple items is a separate issue - and if that flag existed on containers, it could affect all containers.  But maybe not for the special courier box type"

Kinaed scribbles furious notes.

Deedee says, "Alternatively"

Sarni claims, "Or something like having it salvage when you remove the item out of it? Kind of like you have to deconstruct the boxes for furniture in reality."

Deedee claims, "A 'package' command could be added"

Temi claims, "We could talk to Salem about how hard that would be to do"

Deedee says, "So the container could be like um"

Kinaed has written down all of the ideas, and thanks everyone sincerely.

Deedee states, "The packages you get from the assets you redeem"

Deedee states, "Can take things out of, but can't put anything in"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed says, "The way that's done is that the item those thing arrive in aren't packages. Staff and code can put things inside anything, but players can only put things in containers. Players can take anything out of anything though."

Temi finishes abruptly, "I think that was the idea - a package command that would put it in"

Kinaed claims, "This means that making one-way containers is a code change, but we can do those things now. Still a bit more resource intensive than other things, but yeah."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "I assume you'd use it at the courier and pay them some money to package up any single thing"

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, in my notes. Thank you!"

Kinaed muses to Sparkles, "You're up next. Care to introduce us to your topic?"

Sparkles says, "Ah I think I've brought this up before but just a thought/reminder about checking people's clanning and/or staff before liquidations go through. "

Sparkles claims, "Guilding etc."

Ghed says, "Yes I am an idiot thank you"

Ghed laughs.

Kinaed says, "Oo, should probably add that."

Kinaed says, "Wrong channel."

Ghed muses to Kinaed, "That I'm an idiot?"

Ghed gasps!

Kinaed states to Ghed, "Enshrined in my notes forever, luv."

Sparkles states, "As otherwise folks can get 'stuck' in Guilds as once someone is liquidated GLs can't deguild them."

Deedee claims, "It's in the log."

Kinaed claims, "Kidding."

Ghed says, "I've done this a million times"

Ghed says, "Leta bops me every time"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, I think that's it for our topics - we've finished our Agenda. Anything we want to chat about?"

Temi grins.

Leta claims, "Sorry about that. It's not an auto-deguild on our side, so until that is fixed in the liquidation system, it is a matter of us remembering to remove them prior to processing the liquidation."

Kinaed claims, "Otherwise, I might use the time to meet with the Staff and go over our ever-growing list of things."

Kinaed states, "In good news, I think they're auto removed after a time."
Wimpled eats a cheerful cupcake crowned with a circle of candied flowers.

Sparkles says, "Ah, which brings up a quasi-related topic 'Help role' directs to 'Help Roleplay Assistance' but newer players are more likely to need the former before the latter so not sure if a re-arrange there might be hood."

Deedee states, "They do poof eventually, I think after the pfile is deleted"

Kinaed says, "Yeah, the correct help file is HELP COMMANDS ROLE, but thank you, I'll see if I can fix that."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Deedee claims, "This brings to mind something"

Deedee says, "Regarding roles"

Deedee asks, "Previously, guild/deguilding commands could be assigned to non-GLs, but with the change now they can't. could that be looked into?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think I fixed that."

Kinaed crosses her fingers.

Temi grins.

Kinaed says, "Alright! Thank you for coming to this week's OOC Chat everyone. :) We look forward to seeing you next week."

Kinaed states, "I'm going to throw everyone back now and hopefully get a Staff Meeting going :)"

Deedee waves.

Temi waves.

Kinaed says, "I hope your next week is fantastic :)"

Kinaed trails off, "Going in 3..."

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

• Information