Log of OOC Meeting - 2022-04-16

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

MUDnoob

Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:41 pm

Ghed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times.

Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Ghed claims, "Alright, let's begin with staff updates."

Ghed states, "I began the Crimson Troupe plot this week... and I just realise I forgot to create a plot header! L-O-L I'll do it after this meeting."

Ghed claims, "For those who haven't seen it, there's a new, fully-automated blood arena at the Warrior's Way. NPCs can take you there from outside the Queen's and the Bear and the Boar."

Ghed declaims, "The fight script took a HELL of a lot of work, so I hope you enjoy it!"

Ghed claims, "Other than that? Usual sleuth of recommends (many!) requests, and stuff."

Flower declaims, "It sounds interesting!"

Ghed beams at Flower.

Anonymous states, "It's bloody""

GeeBee pontificates, "The fights are great, thanks Ghed!"

Ghed wonders to Leta, "How about Leta?"

Leta declares, "Mostly requests, questions, recommends, a few typo fixes and item replacements on my end! Hoping to get a few projects and specs done tomorrow"

Leta exclaims, "Oh! And being the easter bunny =)"

Ghed states, "Oh yeah. That kept people busy busy."

Ghed nodsnodsnods.

Ghed exclaims, "Well. Kin and Temi are away, Salem is buried neck deep in work, so it seems that is all from staff. So!"

Ghed questions, "Player Heartbeat! How was the week for y'all?"

Saviero claims, "Quiet, RL and a side project have been hoovering up allll my time."

Saviero pontificates, "But what RP I did get was good!"

Ghed nodsnodsnods.

Deedee tosses a golden coin in the air, catching it with the other hand.

Ghed muses to Deedee, "We're on Heartbeat, anything to add?"

Flower claims, "RL has had me EXHAUSTED. I'm sorry my character hasn't been more available."

Deedee says, "Still ticking."

Ghed comforts Flower.

Ikeala says, "I've had some interesting scenes this week. I've seen more folks doing some Southside RP since the plot started, so that's nice."

Deedee states, "Likewise, swamped with RL but had a good scene this week"

Ghed states to Ikeala, "That's the idea ;)"

Ghed muses, "Alrighty. Moving on then -- anything shitting anyone that isn't going to be covered in a topic?"

A rolling bush rolls by.

Deedee says, "I still think I'm bugged for IP"

Ghed muses to Deedee, "Yeah?"

Ghed claims to Deedee, "I'll check your case after the chat."

Deedee nods.

Flower muses, "There is an IP bug?"

Ghed states to Flower, "I'll investigate, but Deedee thinks their character is affected."

Deedee claims, "1 week 0 IP, second week I get IP, next week 0, week after get"

Flower nods to Deedee and Ghed.

Ghed states, "It should be higher, admittedly, considering Health levels"

Ghed asks, "Alright. Saviero you have a topic?"

Ikeala says, "I'm not sure that's a bug. IP doesn't roll over once a week like Assets, AFAIK. It rolls over every two weeks with Metrics but on a weird day like ... Tuesday."

Saviero says, "Yah, just a query really. Is everything ok with Kinaed? Haven't seen her at one of these for a few weeks."

Ghed declares, "She's been on vacation!"

Saviero claims, "Also, health was somewhat poor in previous weeks."

Deedee claims, "Yeah, but any I I get poofs and isn't replaced"

Flower states, "She was on an AMAZING vacay."

Ghed states, "Kin really truly deserved one, and she got it. She'll be back next weekend if I remember correctly."

Flower is jelly. haha

Saviero thumbsups. Amazing vacays are good!

Deedee declaims, "Nice!"

Ghed says, "She's one hell of a busy lady, so it's nice that she can catch up with herself."

Ghed queries to Saviero, "Anyhow. I trust that answers your question?"

Saviero exclaims, "Yep!"

Ghed nodsnodsnods.

Ghed pontificates, "Alrighty. Anyone else wishes to raise a topic? If not, well, this will have been the shortest OOC Chat in a while. Which makes sense with just two staffers!"

Anonymous claims, "I have a thing that I'd like feedback on"

Ghed asks of Anonymous, "Yep?"

Anonymous claims, "God that sounds terrible, lol"

Deedee screes into a mic.

Saviero gets his red pen out to mark Anon's work.

Lans grabs a quill.

Anonymous asks, "What do you think about removing the charisma limiter on teaching a skill that a character is a grandmaster or champion of? As in if someone goes to 75 or above, then they can simply teach to 75, if they choose to do so"

Anonymous says, "Regardless of their charisma"

Ghed hmmms

Ghed queries, "Why would that be a desirable change?"

Deedee states, "Hm, well that would be helpful for me, but I don't know if that'd be agreeable to all"

Ghed claims, "Not stating an opinio, I want to follow your train of thought, Anon"

Anonymous says, "Guildskills are restricted in such a way that you can only gain pool through a teacher if you aren't part of a guild, but with how charisma works, unless someone literally has 95+ charisma, you're unlikely to be able to get enough pool to master a skill without joining the guild, since you'll cap out and they'll be unable to finish teaching you all the way"

Anonymous states, "So even if you go through the work and effort of convincing (or coercing) someone to cough up guild skills, there's not much point, since you'll be unlikely to reach master levels thanks to charisma"

Ghed nods.

Ghed wonders, "What does the rest think?"

Anonymous states, "This gives further value ot grandmastering too, probably. make sthem able to teach regardless"

Saviero asks, "Does it reduce the value of buying up charisma?"

Saviero wonders, "And if so, is that a problem?"

Flower states, "Charisma has other uses still, I believe. "

Saviero says, "I don't know what else charisma is used for, codedly, other than self-checks."

Ghed claims, "It does reduce the value of having a high charisma, yeah, since it wouldn't be relevant for teaching if you are skilled enough"

Ikeala questions, "Not every Guildskill only has value at Master level. Even getting to 60 in a good number of things is huge. Also how would that interact with the Age debuff where chars of a certain age can't be Champion of something even if they are?"

Anonymous says, "Imo its the stat cap of charisma rather than buying it that causes it. unless you prioritize charisma first during chargun, you're unlikely to get 90+ charisma"

Deedee says, "I think some have rolled high charisma to be good teachers"

Lans states, "I have"

Deedee says, "So it would affect them"

Ghed claims to Saviero, "Charisma affects your appearance, some hidden calculations, and it's a major factor in plots."

Ghed nods at Ikeala.

Deedee says, "One thought"

Ghed claims to Ikeala, "I understand that age debuffs don't affect teaching."

Ghed queries to Deedee, "Yep?"

Deedee queries, "If you grandmaster a skill beyond 75, can you teach it to 75 if you get it high enough?"

Violet claims, "N = 1, yes"

Anonymous claims, "I dont think so deedee"

Anonymous states, "If you could, that would solve the problem without having to touch charisma"

Anonymous says, "Just get that up to like 80-90+ and even with mediocre charisma you could teach REALLY high"

Deedee wonders, "Let's look into that then?"

Deedee claims, "Would give more reason for grandmastering beyond 75 beside just the champion show off thing"

Ikeala states, "Hmm. The issue is some things are far easier to get that high than others. Craft-only skills literally have nothing to pool much higher."

Ghed says, "I'll check with Salem, but I think someone with very high charisma can go all the way. I have never tried myself though."

Ghed nods at Ikeala.

Ghed claims, "Crafts are tough to pool without a teacher or a ton of money"

Deedee claims, "That's true."

Ghed muses to Anonymous, "I'll ask Salem. Is that all from this topic, Anon?"

Deedee says, "Maybe Temi could make some GM skill quests for those"

Violet states, "The benefit to pooling crafts as a Merchant though is the stuff you make to pool you can also tool and sell"

Violet claims, "So that helps at least a little bit"

Anonymous claims, "Yeah."

Deedee claims, "Maybe more crafts need something like sharpen that blacksmithing has"

Ghed asks, "Perhaps something more enriching/involving?"

Deedee claims, "That's always good too"

Ghed asks, "Alright. Is there anything else anyone else wishes to raise? Doubts? Proposals? Upcoming events?"

Ikeala states, "But also ... just to say there's ways to boost your Charisma. Naturally or otherwise. Write to your favorite witch today. "

Lans eyes Ikeala warily.

Saviero sidles up to Ikeala.

Anonymous states, "But that would be illegal"

Ikeala states, "Most fun things are."

Deedee states, "Not sure about natural ways either. most things just affect APP rather than cha"

Ghed states, "There are ways"

Anonymous trails off, "There are... certain things that can do charisma too"

Deedee says, "Oh"

Salem appears in a swirling mist. [OOC]

Ghed queries, "Anyways, is that all from you folks?"

Deedee questions, "Can sniff be fixed to be able to sniff items in the room instead of inventory?"

Ghed muses to Salem, "Oh hi! We were running out of things, want to give a staf update?"

Salem exclaims, "What's up? I was refactoring ability code. T-T It's soooo long!"

Deedee says, "Well, sniff in the room as well as inventory"

Saviero says, "Fighting the good fight, Salem."

Ikeala says, "Being able to sniff something half way across a room feels superhuman."

Ghed claims to Salem, "I told them you were neck deep in work."

Ghed nods at Ikeala.

Saviero SNIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF

Lans says, "I'd have a chat with whoever did that."

Saviero trails off, "I'm getting hints of..."

Deedee states, "Depends on what it is"

Salem muses, "XD I am. Anything that needs my attention?"

Ghed claims to Salem, "Just asking for a staff update, if you wanna."

Deedee states, "But a range could be added to sniffing in a room if needbe"

Salem states, "I have been struggling with refactoring ability code. I got about 3000 out of 600 lines done. Then I gotta translate the Learn slot mess over and see if I broke things. And then I hopefully can finally start on the stealth goodies."

Salem says, "*6000 lines. Halfway done."

Ghed claims, "Weeeeeew"

Deedee claims, "Sounds messy"

Ghed states, "That's a lot of work that I am glad I am not doing"

Flower states, "Mercy."

Salem states, "Yeah. Learn slots are saved separatly from abilities and stats. It's weird.. Maybe I will shake some things up. Anyway that was my week. I got a covid shot that has just made my evening miserable."

Ghed comforts Salem.

Ghed says, "Sal gave me some good ideas for the Crimson Troupe, and endured my rambling about plots"

Salem says, "Update concluded. Ping me if you need my attention *returns to code*"
Ghed says, "Leta too she has to hear me a lot too"

Ghed waves to Salem.

Anonymous states, "I'm wondering where the troupe will go"

Leta grins.

Leta claims, "That's the best part. The MYSTERY.""

Ghed claims, "Alright! Seems we're at the end of the rope today. Unless anyone has anything else I will trans y'all back"

Anonymous claims, "Oh god not a mystery"

Flower states, "I'm good just hoping my husband doesnt bush hog any of my bushes and trees. XD"

Leta wiggles around mysteriouslyyy.

Anonymous queries, "Bush hog?"

Ghed exclaims, "Okay. Get ready to fly back!"

Saviero wonders, "Or... hedge hog? :D"

Ghed trails off, "3..."

Ikeala salutes.

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Anonymous states, "Im scared"

Ghed trails off, "1..."

• Information