Log of OOC Meeting: 4/2/22

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:22 pm

Temi muses, "So, our agenda as per normal: 1) staff updates, 2) player heartbeat, 3) player topics. Anyone have any topics to get on the list?"

Temi states, "I was just asking for any topics people want to get on the list for."

Temi claims, "Okay, not hearing anything, so we may not have any player topics, but if you think of anything, please let me know, and I'll put you on the list."

Cinder nods.

Temi declares, "Moving on!"

Temi claims, "Staff topics, and starting with myself, because I'm already talking... no big improvements this week, but I did add the help skill quests helpfile for your enjoyment."

You have had a helpfile queued to you by Temi. Type 'assist' without an argument to view it.

assist
Helpfile for Skill Quests

Objects representing NPCs or items which require something to be done are
scattered across the grid in publicly accessible rooms. They are set up to
work with the crafting system for players to gain a little bit of skill or
sometimes a small reward. By looking at the object, you can see what the
quest requires, and the skill or skills it is tied to.

The crafts tied to the skill quests are generally named 'a plan to <complete
some task>', and the quest can be completed with:

craft <skill> <craft #>

(Subject area: skills Last modified: Sat Apr 2 16:21:56 2022)

MUDnoob declaims, "Exciting!"

Cinder pontificates, "Oh, cool!"

Temi states, "I'll keep working on the skill quests, but there's a number out there now! I've also made some additions to make them easier for staff to track, so hopefully that should help us in the long run."

Deedee claims, "Assist"

Deedee states, "Oops"

Temi asks, "Alright, Salem next?"

Salem states, "I fixed a bunch of little bugs. We are cleaning and sorting through the backlog. Otherwise I am refactoring our ability code. Once that is done, we are looking at sneak and hide. l"

Temi states, "Very exciting! I know the sneaky sorts are looking forwards to those revamps."

Ghed nodsnodsnods

Temi says, "And refactoring makes everything better in the long run."

Salem claims, "That's about it. I have been helping our professional Coder Masnuva on occaision. And monday we can hopefully cleanup the pregnancy code mess and fix those bugs."

Temi claims, "Alright, thank you! Very much appreciated."

Temi asks, "Leta?"

Leta says, "This week I mostly did minor things: typo fixes, a phome, some rooms for an upcoming player-led story, a milestone, a sprinkle of new lore. Then I became the easter bunny and began hiding eggs, which I heard are being successfully located =)"

Temi grins.

MUDnoob states, "Today, I learned Milestones are a thing."

Ghed nods at MUDnoob.

Cinder says, "Ooh, me too."

Ghed says, "Lots of good stuff"

MUDnoob says, "I swear, something new every time I come to this meeting :D"

Leta claims, "The rest of my activities were behind-the-scenes. I sorted through a great many old roms and bug notes."

Temi claims, "Hopefully everyone is enjoying the easter bunny quest. We thought something silly would be a nice break, and something to do when there's not big scenes to join."

Temi grins.

Leta coughs up some dust and spiderwebs.

Temi questions, "Anyways, as always, Leta does a bunch when she says she did barely anything! And Ghed?"

GeeBee claims, "It's really cute and a nice, casual way to roam about the map too! Appreciate it."

Ghed states, "Many little fixes and bug requests (not the fixes, lol, that's for the coders). Lots of recommends and player requests, and some NPC puppets too. And minor lore additions."

Temi exclaims, "Alright, thank you Ghed! Busy you too!"

Ghed nodsnodsnods

Temi wonders, "So, player heartbeat! How's RP been this week folks?"

Cinder states, "Well, it was my first week! I think. It's been a lot of fun. My favorite is when I poured a cup of tea for someone and they accidentally drank out of the kettle."

Cinder claims, "My character will never forget that moment."

Temi grins at Cinder.

Temi exclaims, "An easy mistake people make. Oops!"

Temi states, "Still always amusing though."

Cinder says, "I really like the way RP gain works here. I don't think I've played a MUD like it before. (Also, I have no idea about the current plots/story but it's been really fun seeing the periphery of things and getting to act out my actual bemusement)"

Cinder claims, "Er, RPXP gain. "

Temi grins at Cinder.

Temi claims, "Very nice."

Temi asks, "Anyone else?"

GeeBee says, "Definitely an easy mistake to make! I've not been very active (as usual) but really enjoyed the mass that was also a masterwork occasion."

Temi nods in agreement with GeeBee.

Temi says, "Cool seeing a new take on that long history of doing things."

GeeBee says, "Definitely! I thought it was really nice and a themely reinterpretation."

Temi nods in agreement.

Temi muses, "How's RP been for everyone else? It seems things have been a little earlier than I've been able to be around on weekdays, so evenings are a bit quiet now"

Deedee states, "Orientation at my RL job this past week and this coming week, so not as much time to play. Had some good scenes though"

Temi states, "Glad there was some good scenes when you were able to be around at least"

Temi muses, "Any problems or anything been bothering anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Ghed asks, "Nothing? Well that's good"

Temi nods in agreement with Ghed.

Ikeala states, "Ah, I've noted a bug with a spell that sometimes prevents spooping on folks to get in on things."

Ghed questions, "Yeah?"

Temi wonders, "Posted a bug report for us?"

MUDnoob states, "RP wise, I got terrorised by a witch. She wasn't even doing anything horrible. T'was fun though. :D"

Temi grins at MUDnoob.

Ikeala claims, "Ah, I had yes, but I can submit another. I think it might be related to how code finds room names sometimes (so something similiar to what might affect travel.)"

Temi states, "Make sure to recommend those who give you RP, especially risky stuff like that! Remember you can use the recommend room option to recommend someone you can't identify due to sneaky reasons while they are in the room, and if you don't know who's done something, feel free to post a request board."

Temi claims, "Thanks"

Temi nods at Ikeala.

Temi questions, "Okay, sounds like that's about all on people's minds. Eager to get back to grid?"

Temi claims, "I don't have any topics on the list at the moment, so if folks are done, I can send you all back."

MUDnoob says, "Oh, she gave her name. Proudly, even. :D"

Temi claims, "Still a good reminder."

Temi grins at MUDnoob.

MUDnoob claims, "I forget that recommend exists. I should do a bunch of those."

Temi nods in agreement.

Temi states, "Recommends are great. Good warm fuzzy feelings for the people receiving them! Plus, if you recommend them, it can remind them to consider what they have to recommend about too."

Temi grins.

Temi states, "Alright, still no topics? I can send everyone back to get back into trouble."

Temi says, "3.."

Temi trails off, "2..."

Ghed waves.

Temi trails off, "1...."

• Information