Log of OOC Meeting - 2022-03-19

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

MUDnoob

Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed claims, "No topics today? All good. If anyone thinks of anything, please send me a tell."

Ghed nods.

Kinaed says, "In the meantime, I'll kick off Staff Updates."

Jasmine claims, "I had a very minor one"

Kinaed declaims to Jasmine, "Got you :) Thanks!"

Kinaed states, "Last week I sent the banner pack to an advertising group to kick off advertising. I also met with TI's programmers and we did some programming. I fixed a ridiculously minor bug, Masnuva and Salem did bigger stuff. Apparently we re-introduced the roles bug we thought we quashed yesterday - sorry everyone."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Next up - Ghed :)"

Deedee claims, "I'm somehow both prime medicus and not in the guild at the moment."

MUDnoob says, "So talented :D"

Deedee nods.

Ghed nods.

Anonymous claims, "I want to be Lord High McGuffin"

Ghed says, "Hmmm. I did the usual sleuth of requests, recommends etc. A few typos. Fixed a certain mob's scripts. Created a new npc bard for the farin quarter. I haven't deployed my new staff plot yet because I have a work deadline and I need to conserve mental energy."

Leta asks of Deedee, "Huh... I have you on guildlist staff side... Can you write a bug note about that?"

Kinaed says, "We can manually fix people, and it is on our radar to fix ASAP."

Kinaed nods at Ghed.

Deedee states to Leta, "Sure."

Leta says to Ghed, "Don't forget, we do have that mini-plot afoot.."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "I forgot to mention, I'll be away from April 2nd to 19th."

Kinaed claims, "Overseas, unlikely to be online much."

Deedee questions, "Is the mini plot a medical thing?"

Anonymous states, "Mini-plot uh oh"

MUDnoob says, "I will also be away, 7th-15th April."

Kinaed claims to Leta, "You're up next :)"

Leta looks right, then left.

Leta trails off to Deedee, "Perhaps..."

Anonymous squints at Leta.

Ghed clears his throat, releasing pestilence.

Leta says, "Let's see... This week I handled the usual player questions, requests and recommends alongside Ghed and Temi. I re-added a lot of roles to people in the wake of our little glitch today. On that note, please reach out if you need to be returned to your guild and rank."

Leta states, "I wrote a draft of a help policy overview helpfile that the rest of the imms are reviewing for me. My other fun activity was combing through character generation and updating a few mentions of helpfiles that were out of date. I also added a detour room from the character description area with NPC examples of what intros and descs can look like. "

Anonymous states, "I bet it was you with that echo"

Leta trails off, "Only other thing is the addition of a costly fur trim recipe to leatherworking at a Merchants' request. Now you can line your clothes with ermine, sable and lion fur to your hearts content. No promises the Reeves will approve, but..."

Leta shrugs.

Anonymous states, "It's okay"

Anonymous claims, "I've got a permit."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you :)"

Pauline claims, "Lol"

Kinaed declaims to Temi, "Your turn!"

Deedee says, "Lion? no no this beaver hair."

Anonymous trails off, "A rare... blonde... beaver"

Temi states, "I have not been super productive this week, the daylight savings shift and work has been hitting me hard. I did, however, add a randomizer to the books available in the QP shop, and Leta promised to add some more books to the rotation."

Pauline passes on that.

Kinaed states, "Sweet :)"

Sparkles claims, "Whee more books."

Ghed nods.

Temi says, "So it will be a random selection of 10 different ones available each week."

Jasmine states, "Nice, love more books"

Deedee questions, "Can the books still be bought from staff if they're not up in the shop?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "That's pretty awesome. Please remember dear players, we award a LOT of QP for a good book."

Anonymous claims, "I should write a book"

Kinaed says, "It's probably one of the best ways to earn QP in bulk. I've paid over 100 QP for a book before when it was well written. We award 1-5 QP per page."

Temi claims, "I think we're using the QP shop as the option for players to get the books, but since it will be random, we can probably allow more to get into the rotation."

Kinaed says, "We accept anything from character journals to books containing IC mail."

Kinaed says, "Grimoires, how to books, books on botany. Any topic imaginable, so long as it's thematic."

Anonymous claims, "Grimoires hmmm now that sounds interesting"

Kinaed says, "Thank you Temi :)"

Ghed claims, "Even poetry, IC fiction, guides to the sewers"

MUDnoob is kinda working on poetry.

Ghed states, "I will drown you in QP"

Violet is idle.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that's all for Staff Updates :) Now kicking off Player Heartbeat - how was the game for you in the last week, folks?"

Violet is no longer idle.

MUDnoob dons her scuba mask!

Violet has returned from AFK.

Violet coughs.

Pauline states, "Good. Things are well."

Anonymous claims, "We had a council meeting"

MUDnoob declares, "It has been good! Still slow on RP because RL is bizee, but did get some RP around physician stuff, which was good!"

Leta declares to MUDnoob, "Yay poetry books!"

Kinaed says, "Nice :)"

Kalana says, "I've been bad about getting out into RP and I think I've gone inactive again, despite being on a fair amount"

Violet claims, "We did indeed have a council meeting"

Gunn states, "I've had some good stuff"

Deedee declaims, "I've been around a bit more!"

Kinaed nods at Kalana.

Kinaed smiles.

Leta says to Deedee, "Glad to hear it =)"

Kinaed says, "Me too, but it took til yesterday to get there."

MUDnoob supposes she should use her QP at some point.

Kinaed nods at MUDnoob.

Jasmine trails off, "Been around a bit, things are a bit rusty and cobwebby Southside but... well"

Kinaed says to MUDnoob, "Help QP has a lot of things you can use it on, and there's always the Quest Shops :)"

Deedee claims, "I went from 0 rp hours last week to being in the top 10 this week"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed states, "Nice job :)"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Deedee trails off, "That said, the top 10 is pretty low this week..."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

MUDnoob queries, "There is a top 10?"

Kinaed states, "It's march. March and Sep/Oct are two seasonal dips we hit."

Deedee nods at MUDnoob.

MUDnoob learns something new every time she attends this meeting, truly.

Elhanan says, "Sorry I was quite afk this week had a birthday yesterday and did overtime every day this week"

Deedee says, "It shows the range on 'activity'"

Leta says to MUDnoob, "You get bonus QP if you are in the top 10 for RP each week"

Pauline claims, "Maybe it's the weather. It's pretty nice in some places being spring."

Elhanan states, "Ill be around more next week qgsin"

Kinaed muses, "Anything shitting anyone about TI at the moment that Staff ought to know about?"

Gunn states, "Been seeing a lot of people tucked away with rp off. Other than that I'm good."

Kinaed nods at Gunn.

Jasmine claims, "I'd like it if people were a bit more accepting of sneaking characters while the stealth overhaul is in the works"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Kinaed says, "Thanks for raising that. Stealth is our next target after roles is fixed, complete, and released."

Ghed claims, "We're getting there"

Kinaed nods at Ghed.

Jasmine says, "I didn't particularly enjoy having someone immediately target me in an emote the second I snuck into a room, thus telling every other person in the room, while emoting they 'didn't draw attention'"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Deedee claims, "Stealth has always been pretty broken."

Kinaed says, "I could see that as being uncomfortable."

Violet says, "Ah. I agree with Jasmine. Also just in general, being mindful that sometimes being inclusive means giving sneaky/shady sorts some leeway. Especially when 90 percent of the characters online are gathering in a single room"

Jasmine trails off, "Like everyone was bunched on the door, with the stealth system as it stands, I know everyone would have seen me sneak in, but it was like HEY EVERYONE THERE'S SOMEONE SNEAKIN HERE... but I don't do anything but look"

Jasmine does the new york accent with those caps

Gunn states, "I'm sure unless you fear for your life, it's okay to give some leeway"

Kinaed nods at Gunn.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's kick off our Player Topics :)"

Kinaed claims to Jasmine, "You're first on my list. :)"

Kinaed asks of Jasmine, "Care to introduce your topic?"

Jasmine pontificates, "Super minor! I'd like to suggest we make settin an action while hidden not echo to the room"

Gunn claims, "I didn't know that was a thing, hah"

Gunn states, "It makes sense to change it"

Anonymous asks, "It doesn't?"

Kinaed states, "I think it might already do a perception check."

Anonymous states, "It never does when I do it"

Jasmine claims, "I just don't like getting the 'an action is not set' but I had someone confirm it echoed to the room when I did it"

Jasmine states, "It doesn't if you're invisible, it does if you're hidden"

Kinaed claims, "I think it checks the wisdom of a potential perceiving player before displaying, but I'll make a note to check that."

Jasmine says, "Since actions are largely OOC for scene setting, I'd rather it didn't do a check at all, tbh"

Ghed nods at Jasmine.

Jasmine says, "We get ooc penalties for not setting it, I don't see a reason to penalize scene-setting to aid someone looking at the room or who might find us while searching"

Kinaed takes a note for Staff Talking Points.

Deedee claims, "There's way too many OOC tells for hiding"

Kinaed queries, "Do we have a list of them?"

Deedee claims, "I think I started a list"

Deedee states, "I don't have a snoopy character anymore though"

Jasmine claims, "To my knowledge joining/leaving a spot, going AFK or IAW, actions, writing pboards, but the latter I don't think you should do while being sneaky"

Kinaed states, "Please send it through, or if someone is willing to test and let us know, that'd be great."

Jasmine says, "But stuff like dusting yourself gets done as a hemote, amusingly"

Gunn nods at Jasmine.

Pauline begins to count their money.

Temi says, "Anything that emotes should probably hemote, but probably depends on when it got coded."

Kinaed claims, "But hemote is a bit broken in terms of how random it is to see people, etc."

Deedee nods.

Jasmine claims, "Agree, I am patiently waiting for the overhaul"

Kinaed takes rapid notes.

Kinaed says, "Anything else to add before we go to our next topic? Thank you for sharing the information."

Deedee states, "I'd like it if there was a thing like the failsafe command for commands that will give you away while hidden"

Jasmine claims, "Nope that was it, thanks for the time"

Kinaed states to MUDnoob, "You're up next :)"

Taen did not complete the match with Silvia for a quest point.

MUDnoob shifty-eyes. "Could we have some medicine bulk recipes, please? Making the simpler medicines in bulk (such as when we suspect a plague of cough-related disease is about to descend upon us, thanks Ghed! D), takes forever!

Pauline says, "Tell the phys students to do it j/k lol"

Temi states, "We've discussed our general principles for bulk recipes"

Ghed says to Deedee, "Yeah that's a good idae"

Temi finishes abruptly, "And I don't think medicines are likely - we've mainly looked it as things that are inputs to multiple other recipes"

Anonymous states, "I wanted to brew a big batch of elder's elixir in a cauldron and get people drunk and loopy off it too."

MUDnoob claims, "Fair enough. Figured it was worth asking. :D"

Temi states, "If we ever get around to crafting system upgrades, I think we'll look at building multiples into it."

Temi claims, "But we're not going to build multiples recipes for every craft someone might ever want more than 1 of, but rather the things that the system is designed around needing multiples of"

Kinaed smiles.

Ghed exclaims to MUDnoob, "But thanks for bringing it up!"

Temi nods in agreement with Ghed.

MUDnoob does also have a question, when we're on to AOB.

Temi states, "It's not a bad idea, just not scalable given the system setup"

MUDnoob finishes abruptly, "AOB - Any Other Business"

Kinaed states, "Gotcha"

MUDnoob claims, "As for the question! Is there any way to search for someone by their surname? I got a mail referring to 'Mr Somebody', and since my memory is like a sieve, I will have approximately 0.02 percent chance of identifying them unless I do a bunch of 'help character x' commands and they happen to include their surname in that info."

Kinaed states, "You can search your remember list, as I recall"

Leta claims, "Remember search <keyword> might do it"

Kinaed questions, "Remember search <name>?"

Kinaed says, "If that doesn't work, pboard me and let me know."

Deedee says, "That's assuming you remembered their surname"

MUDnoob says, "I can try it, though I don't think I always add things to my remember list like I should, yeah >.>"

Jasmine states, "If they mentioned a guild, you could try guildlist"

Kinaed declaims to Sparkles, "You're up! Please introduce us to your topic :)"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Temi says, "If you've never met them, probably not a lot of way to look them up codewise by their surname. Lists like guildleader and guildlist though."

Temi nods.

Deedee says, "Just, don't assume the name on the 'who' list is an IC name. I had someone mail me as Ms. Downer."

MUDnoob states, "I believe I have met them, it's annoying me that I can't recall the first name though :D"

Sparkles muses, "The 'set of plates' mentioned in Help Plate, were those plates added in crafts? And if possible could the crafts in question be added to helpfile? As searching for 'plate' doesn't seem to reveal them in craft_"

MUDnoob says, "But! No bother."

Ghed states, "You can also ask the reeves"

Kinaed reads HELP PLATE.

Deedee states, "I think the plates code was removed"

Temi states, "We never got full info from Niamh on how they worked, I think"

Ghed claims, "I didn't know this existed"

Kinaed claims, "Hmm, I'll have to investigate."

Deedee says, "I don't think she got it working"

Kinaed has created an Autumn's End roast turkey leg seasoned with black pepper!

Temi nods at Deedee.

Jasmine wonders, "Ah thats borrowed code from the other game? It's like cups but specifically for food"

Temi states, "That's entirely possible"

Temi claims, "No, before she left as staff here."

Kinaed has created a set of clay plates with copper paint designs!

Kinaed states, "Well, it does not appear to work. "

Kinaed says, "Please bug it for the QP and I'll have it looked into. Thank you for letting us know."

Deedee asks, "Is that something a staffer is interested in completing?"

Sparkles pontificates, "Okay, will do, thanks for peeking!"

Kinaed says to Deedee, "Yeah, I can ask Masnuva to have a look when she's done with her current work."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, I think that's all of our topics. Anything anyone wants to discuss, or shall I release you all back into the wild to go RP?"

Pauline states, "Lol"

Anonymous states, "Coulda sworn I had something but I can't recall it"

Jasmine states, "I want to remind everyone to use the jobs system and blackmarket system--I think the merchants in particular might benefit from using jobs in a clandestine manner"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Kinaed declares, "Yes, jobs are awesome!"

MUDnoob claims, "Jobs are in pubs, yes? I don't know anything about the black market system if that's separate >.>"

Deedee states, "I think jobs can be accessed in most public rooms now"

Jasmine says, "Both use the job system, one's just anonymous, 'help job' should have the commonly known places to access it"

Temi states, "It's just the jobs system. Black market is essentially the name for the anonymous set of them."

Temi nods.

MUDnoob says, "Righto :D"

Sparkles says, "I feel like the Helpfile used to list where it worked if I'm not a numpty."

Deedee states, "It used to"

Jasmine says, "But even if you're buying something, if you were going to pop a rumor, rumors are included in the job market, so might as well stick it there, too"

Anonymous queries, "Can the BCG see who posted an anonymous job?"

Deedee states, "I think it's been expanded to public rooms instead of just seedy locations"

Kinaed states, "No, only staff know who have posted jobs."

Anonymous nods.

Kinaed claims, "Anonymous jobs."

Jasmine says, "No, but he BCG can remove Blackmarket jobs (at a cost to them) if they don't approve"

Jasmine states, "So 'Fresh mage potions' or 'Real human flesh' might be removed"

Violet queries, "If Anonymous posts an anonymous job... is it still anonymous? Double anonymous?"

Ghed has lost link.

Deedee asks, "Is that still at a variable rate to remove?"

Violet has lost link.
Leta has lost link.

Anonymous claims, "Look, this poppy's not gonna sell itself ok"

Ghed has reconnected.

Violet has reconnected.

Kinaed wonders to Deedee, "I think so?"

Jasmine says, "Yeah illegal drugs, poisons, rare goods, etc, the place to get it/give it is the job market, if you have an interest"

Deedee asks, "Any cap on that?"

Kinaed states, "I don't remember."

Leta has reconnected.

Deedee nods.

Pauline muses, "Wow, is the internet doing the wave?"

Jasmine claims, "I think it might be more prudent to wonder if what you're selling would have a motivation for the organization to remove when it is technically 'good' for them to have people utilizing their services"

Kinaed has lost link.

Leta claims, "Lots o' linkdead"

Deedee states, "I just recall there was a time when a huge bounty was set, and the IP cost to remove it would have been higher than the max IP for a brotherhood member"

Temi states, "Looks like it"

Kinaed has reconnected.

Kinaed claims, "Gah."

Kinaed asks, "I miss anything?"

Pauline trails off, "Oh my Dav- I mean..."

Violet has lost link.

Deedee states, "Hm"

Sparkles says, "I remember some of those."

Kinaed claims, "I've had really bad internet all week."

Violet has reconnected.

Deedee states to Kinaed, "Looks like you're not the only one"

Violet states, "Hateful."

Jasmine states, "That sounds like it might be a fringe case and that's where staff should probably be reached out to"

Kinaed claims, "It was super bad at the beginning of the pandemic, got better, but recently has been awful."

Kinaed wonders, "Oh, sorry. What did I miss? What fringe case?"

Deedee claims, ""I just recall there was a time when a huge bounty was set, and the IP cost to remove it would have been higher than the max IP for a brotherhood member""

Jasmine trails off, "Though if it's a bounty, most likely the Bhood would be doing it so... "

Kinaed claims, "That said, I can't remember the specific case in point or if we felt it was unreasonable.

Jasmine claims, "If you're putting a hit out on the Tenny it might just sit on the job listing without being taken"

Anonymous says, "Imagine a bounty on the bhood"

Temi states, "You'd have to put a huge amount up for it though, for it to be a problem, probably not often."

Temi nods.

Jasmine says, "Either way, that sounds like it might be fun conflict so I say frak it, use the job board anyways"

Kinaed claims, "I can't remember precisely what that was as an example. But yeah, the BH has a lot of influence over anonymous jobs, but doesn't control it completely."

Deedee nods.

Ghed says, "I once put a bounty on both Tenebrae and Sapiente"

Ghed claims, "For pissing me off"

Kinaed asks, "Were they quashed?"

Ghed states, "(as a player)"

Jasmine trails off, "I've noticed that people just don't... do conflict anymore and it's making RP very tepid tbh so I encourage everyone to take a bit of chaos and remember that not every fistfight needs to end in death"

Ghed says, "No, because they were also subverted and blacklisted from the merchants"

Anonymous states, "People tend to escalate very quickly to IM GONNA BEHEAD YOU IN THE STREETS"

Anonymous claims, "When fights break out"

Jasmine trails off, "Not liking someone is cool to just... not like someone, you don't need to cut them off from being able to eat just because they insulted you"

Ghed says, "And remember that it's your character being insulted, not you"

Ghed says, "And it's a character insulting, not the player"

Jasmine states, "You can call someone ugly and poisoning maybe isn't the instant reaction to jump, nor ruining their entire life"

Jasmine claims, "Sometimes it's fun to not be liked and not like in return"

Deedee states, "Yeah... the way the pkill policy is, if you're on the receiving end of even a minor fight, it allows you to pkill the attacker. Kind of puts a chilling effect on minor scuffles"

Kinaed declares, "Yeah, we get a lot of 'My boss asked me to get them a cup of coffee. There is only one response to this. MURDER!""

Anonymous states, "You know"

Jasmine states, "I might actually bring up since we're chatting on it"

Kinaed claims, "At least, that's how cnotes read to me about 10 percent of the time."

Anonymous says, "I could make an incredibly mean reference here"

Anonymous says, "But im gonna rise above doing that"

Jasmine says, "As Pkill policy stands, if ANY combat happens on someone, it gives the victim a technical 'policy reason' to pkill, might want to review that"

Leta says to Anonymous, "Rising above is good."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed claims, "I don't have a problem with people PKing in self defense."

Ghed states, "I imagine being slapped would allow a murder on self defense"

Kinaed states, "Dunno about THAT, Ghed."

Jasmine says, "Like if you wanted to kill someone and they fistfight you, you could still do it, but not every fistfight needs to end lethally"

Jasmine says, "For example"

Ghed nods.

Kinaed states, "You can OOCly tell if someone is going for you for real by whether they're using safe or lethal attacks."

Jasmine says to Kinaed, "There's a difference between self-defense ending lethally in a lethal situation and non-lethal combat ending in death because someone pulled a knife"

Anonymous asks, "Isnt there a bit in a helpfile where the difference between safe and regular attacks isnt immediately apparent unless they're wielding nerf bats or something?"

Jasmine states, "Particularly since the community usually only uses 'safe' attacks when 'sparring' with practice weapons, since you can't use them with real weapons"

Deedee states, "Safe only works with practice weapons"

Kinaed states, "I dunno, if someone pulls a knife in non-lethal combat, I'd let the victim kill them."

Jasmine says to Kinaed, "The knife-puller in that instance would be the person who just killed the guy who was non-lethally punching them, aka not the behavior I feel you should encourage"

Deedee claims, "Note this is only a policy thing- if you kill someone using the OOC self-defense clause, you may still be on the hook ICly."

Jasmine says, "The hypothetical situation was mostly to address that the instant combat code is initiated, technically the person who it was initiated on now has free policy OK to pkill the other person, regardless of if the situation might not have been something that would be reasonable to escalate"

Deedee claims, "But I do think having that as a policy has a chilling effect on minor scuffles."

Kinaed says, "It seems to me like you're scared that someone can meta their way into 'getting away with' a pkill. Pkills are reviewed case by case upon request, and I think we handle them just fine on the whole."

Deedee states, "That's not quite it"

Jasmine says, "If a drunk freeman starts a brawl with a gentryman, per policy, it's totally ok for that freeman to be killed, and thus no one ever brawls outside of sparring because it has been done enough before that those situations end in death"

Trogdor claims, "'come at me bro'"

Jasmine claims, "And you yourself just said you feel like that's fine, so I am suggesting maybe stepping back and pondering why the playerbase has become so risk-averse and if it would be healthy for the game to consider making adjustments to allow risks to be taken more, for a more intersting game for all"

Anonymous claims, "If a drunk freeman starts a brawl, and its with fists, I dont think most reasonable people would immediately stab them to death"

Leta states, "But that gentryman could also be charged with murder IC and executed for it. No one is devoid of those consequences"

Anonymous claims, "Though they might stab them. a few times."

Temi claims, "The problem isn't necessarily what does happen, but what could. But that does need further contemplation."

Deedee nods at Temi.

Jasmine states, "But that freeman is still dead and that player probably will never bother to spice things up again, for example"

Temi says, "We'll discuss it."

Temi nods.

Ghed states, "If people abuse the system we don't invalidate the pkill"

Kinaed states, "Honestly, I've personally beat someone down and left them bleeding on the grown, using lethal combat and not finishing them, and walked away."

Sparkles says, "I feel like the risk aversion change has happened even though policy happened. That policy didn't suddenly exist."

Anonymous claims, "I would like to personally beat someone down and leave them bleeding on the ground, using lethal combat"

Kinaed states, "So I don't think everyone is risk adverse."

Jasmine claims, "I've noted that older players tend to hold these sorts of 'I was punished by <staff/system/playerbase> for x' for a very long time"

Anonymous claims, "If only everyone around me would let me do so"

Jasmine states, "And it does spread somewhat to new players"

Kinaed claims to Anonymous, "It's easy. You just do it and don't type finish."

Anonymous claims, "And when I get dogpiled by everyone else for starting it? 'tis a powerful deterrent."

Sparkles queries, "Do it anyways?"

Ghed states, "I've killed a lot of people"

Pauline gasp

Jasmine states, "Anyways food for thought"

Anonymous states, "You what"

Ghed says, "In game too"

MUDnoob states, "Breathing plague on them doesn't count, Ghed. :D"

Anonymous claims, "Omg"

Anonymous states, "I knew you were a villain deep down"

Pauline says, "Rofl"

Kinaed says, "That I can't help with. And to be honest, I think that's more of a deterrant than policy because community backlash is more immediate than policy who (as policy I can confirm) barely knows what's going on in grid 90 percent of the time."

Gunn nods.

Kinaed states, "It's interesting food for thought, but I don't know it'll be solved overnight. Maybe more of an awareness thing on the whole."

Jasmine claims, "Food for thought, not immediate demand"

Temi nods in agreement.

Elhanan is idle.

Jasmine says, "I've been really pondering why I don't take certain actions as an 'antagonist' character and am trying to start a dialogue on the things that I feel like are making the risk not worth the 'reward' of roleplay"

Deedee says, "It may be worth reviewing the policies for antagonistic actions in general"

Kinaed claims, "I'll add it to staff talking points."

Kinaed claims, "Realistically speaking though, I really don't think policy is the crux of the issue."

Kinaed states, "It may be a starting point, but it's not the whole picture."

Jasmine states, "I think it's partially playerbase issue too where so little conflict happens that all conflict instantly becomes obsessed on"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Deedee nods.

Jasmine claims, "So tiny insults become HUGE deals a la highschool"

Trogdor claims, "Could be on to something there"

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Jasmine states, "I think staff plots are helping a lot with that particular issue, though, so big kudos for staff for giving us more stuff to focus on"

Kinaed states, "Well, I suppose we could make PK consensual. I did ask AE's Staff how it felt there when they did it, though, and their response was that it didn't really fix things."

Deedee asks, "How's that?"

Ghed states, "Heard it made people abuse being unkillable, a lot"

Jasmine claims, "AE's moved to a PK by request now, as in you submit your PK request to staff"

Kinaed states, "They've apparently moved to a 'you must apply to kill someone' model."

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Trogdor states, "Oh bleh"

Kinaed claims, "I'd actually specced something like that up once and never implemented it."

Trogdor states, "I have enough of a hard time with the 'wait 24 hours' rule"

Kinaed states to trogdor, "It's no different then how you fill in a POLCA to pyre someone."

Jasmine states, "I'm not certain how I feel about it tbh, but I also tend not to like PK very much in general"

Kinaed claims, "Also, you don't need to wait for 24 hours for an execution or a pyring. That's a 4 hour wait."

Jasmine claims, "Not killing someone is almost always more fun, unless they're a troll or something"

Trogdor states, "Yeah, but i try to 24 hours typically just to be safe"

Kinaed states, "The 24 hours is for general pkills to reduce OOC rage as the cause."

Trogdor claims, "That's a personal thing though"

Deedee states, "I think executions or pyrings are 24 hours if you're doing it for personal reasons though"

Violet is idle.

Violet is no longer idle.

Kinaed claims to Deedee, "Tha's correct."

Trogdor claims, "It's all personal for me"

Trogdor claims, "I <3 everyone of the souls i save <3 <3 <3"

Jasmine says, "I've noticed we're over the hour though, thanks for humoring my musings"

Kinaed states, "Real executions and pyrings have a 4 hour limit. Ones that are about using an execution or a pyring to hide your IC motives are personal and have the usual limit."

Kinaed nods at Jasmine.

Kinaed claims, "It's a good, fun convo to have. Thank you for raising it. I can put a poll up regarding PK rules."

Deedee declares, "I know how tough it can be in your position, Jasmine. Good luck and hang in there!"

Temi states, "If your IC motives are the public Order-based motives, you're fine, of course."

Kinaed exclaims, "In the meantime, yes! We are over the top of the hour!"

Kinaed states, "Thank you for coming everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week."

Deedee waves.

Jasmine waves.

Kinaed pontificates, "Have a fantastic week!"

Kinaed waves.

Myrella

Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:26 pm

Kinaed says, "That I can't help with. And to be honest, I think that's more of a deterrant than policy because community backlash is more immediate than policy who (as policy I can confirm) barely knows what's going on in grid 90 percent of the time."
Maybe it's time to find someone else to be policy then.

• Information