Log of OOC Meeting - 2022-01-23

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

MUDnoob

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:01 pm

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

MUDnoob claims, "I have a small thing, as always."

Kinaed states to MUDnoob, "No worries, adding you now. Please pre-write :)"

StormyBoi says, "I have a small one here"

Kinaed nods at StormyBoi.

Kinaed claims, "Got you."

Leta gives a little tartlet decorated half with fire and half with ice to Trajen.

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, if no one else has a topic, I'll kick off Staff Updates. Please send me a tell if you think of one and want to be added to the list :)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, this last week, I did a lot of little things like process the Request Queue, Request Board, and a few other tiny things. Held half of a staff meeting :)"

Kinaed claims, "It's chugging along, nothing big on my desk though"

Kinaed declares, "That's it for me, next up - Ghed!"

Ghed nods.

Ghed claims, "Been veeery busy this week IRL (it will be over in 3 weeks), otherwise I worked out a proposal that was discussed and approved by staff. Starting now, we are removing the option to moving houses. Those which were moved until now, stay moved. Those which are in process of being moved, will be moved. But no new requests will be accepted. We felt it was a system that was at the same time too easy for the player, too cheap, too convenient, instantaneous, without a possibility of detection or interruption by third parties, without risk and a visible process. So now if you want to move elsewhere, you sell the house to another player, or to the real estate agency, which will buy it back for 50 per cent its value and claim it. Then you can do whatever you want, like buy a new house.
I will update helpfiles accordingly and such."

Ghed did indeed write 'to moving houses' like a doofus.

MUDnoob did wonder if that was like living in a caravan, and got briefly excited.

Ghed claims, "Lol"

Izari muses, "Was it ever discussed if real estate postings could be discounted to support purchasing property already existing rather than everybody adding more phomes to the staff queue?"

Leta says, "Real estate postings ARE discounted"

Ghed says, "Nod"

Trogdor declares, "Life hack (this one secret drives the Order CRAZY!): if you commit heresy, you can stay in ahalin for free while your new house is prepared! "

Izari claims, "Got it"

Kinaed claims to Leta, "You're up :)"

Ghed nods at trogdor.

Ghed states, "Food is free, too"

Leta claims, "This week I build some phomes and the new Rookery Road additions in southside. I also handled the usual questions, requests, recommends. I did an impromptu audit of the Merchant-owned properties because their staff helpfile was 4+ years out-of-date. "

Leta states, "I also added help expected class at player request and adjusted help command guildleaders to provide more information. Have a couple helpfile drafts in the works, one thats now up for the rest of staff to review, but nothing exciting yet."

Leta gives a little tartlet decorated half with fire and half with ice to Quartz.

Kinaed states, "Thanks both of you :)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay so. that's it for staff updates. "

Kinaed queries, "Next is Player Heartbeat :) How has the game been for you in the last week, folks?"

StormyBoi pontificates, "Good! Planning an event for next Friday, so enjoying reaching out to everyone for that"

Trajen claims, "Good"

Violet pontificates, "Been a busy week!"

MUDnoob states, "Pretty epic. Got a real scare IC, did some fun wandering around, and lots of great RP was had."

Deedee claims, "Busy RL, but had time for a couple of scenes"

Anonymous states, "Things have been okay. I am organizing a special thing."

Dazzl says, "Its been good."

StormyBoi says, "As an OOC reminder anyone who wants to brew, hit me up now as I believe wine takes a while to age before you can tool it"

Quartz declaims, "I am back back back again!! I am soooo thankful for everyone here that has made me light up the fire to rp again. i am so grateful to be back and right into the thick of things!!

Ghed declares to Quartz, "Welcome back!"

Deedee claims, "Welcome back, Quartz"

Leta says to Quartz, "We are glad to have you with us again =)"

Sparkles states, "Seems that the locale of the day worked well to inspire some public scenes this week."

Kinaed states, "This sounds like all or mostly good news."

Quartz declares, "Thanks everyone!! "

Kinaed queries, "Well, with such good news, is there anything shitting anyone that they want Staff to know about?"

Deedee says, "Well, I bug boarded it, but there's not currently a way for GLs to view their guild's public guildlist"

MUDnoob claims, "A minor thought on the 'locale of the day' thing."

Ghed claims to Deedee, "We'll handle it"

Deedee nods at Ghed.

Ghed muses to MUDnoob, "Yep?"

MUDnoob states, "If you don't know the city, and the locale isn't on the roster, then it's difficult to know what kind of place it is before you get there. For example, I think today's is a place where (for example) nobles, gentry and reeves would be very unwelcome, but a newcomer to the game wouldn't necessarily know that before heading there, then finding it's really somewhere they should know not to go."

Kinaed nods at MUDnoob.

Kinaed says, "I wonder how we can fix that reasonably."

Deedee states, "Well, if it's southside, those would be notified when they hit the xblock thing"

Sparkles queries, "Do we have a set list of the locales of the day?"

Violet says, "If you ask on visnet, people are generally pretty willing to help. idk how much of a long term fix that is though"

Ghed muses, "Maybe add a little message to help locale, warning which options are dangerous?"

Ghed nods at Deedee.

StormyBoi claims, "Perhaps adding a tag or something so that when you use the locale command whether something is southside or not"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "No, it's chosen at random."

StormyBoi states, "Freeman can, realistically, show up pretty much anywhere with the right bribe, though sometimes that's less enjoyable, like if you're the only freeman in the room sitting in the corner being ignored"

Sparkles ponders.

Kinaed states, "Oh boy, that might be hard. I'll make a note of this and add it to Staff Talking points because we're going to have to figure something out."

Kinaed claims, "And I don't think it's going to be easy."

Sparkles says, "Peeking at the Roster can show who is 'served' at a location. If those are accurate."

Kinaed asks, "In the meantime, I guess we should alert players that it can be dangerous, so be careful?"

StormyBoi muses, "IS it chosen entirely at random? I've never seen random street grids"

MUDnoob states, "Not all locations are on the roster"

Deedee says, "It's random public rooms, that are presently on-grid"

Leta claims, "It's based on rooms with the 'public' flag"

Ghed states, "Not all public rooms are eligible no"

Ghed states, "Not all public rooms are eligible no"

Ghed states, "I can't explain the requirement, because I don't know, heh"

Ghed claims, "Maybe it's all public rooms, but I don't think so"

Kinaed nods at Ghed.

StormyBoi claims, "I imagine the easiest way would be to add a simple issouthside toggle to display on all public rooms but that sounds rather tedious"

Kinaed says, "We can start to mark off dangerous ones with the no-locale quest flags or something."

Deedee claims, "Some were weeded out, like event places that aren't connected to the grid"

Ghed asks of Kinaed, "How about adding a disclaimer to the helpfile?"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Ghed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed says to Ghed, "Can you do that right now - but I think we should do more."

Deedee states, "Kinaed, I think it's okay to leave dangerous places in."

MUDnoob mentions to Ghed, "This does also require a newcomer to know that helpfile exists. I didn't until it was mentioned just now." D

Deedee says, "It'll encourage more RP among southsiders"

Kinaed states, "I think we should add a warning to the help file, absolutely. Let's do that right now."

Kinaed claims, "The other ideas... we'll review this log and discuss as Staff Talking Points."

Ghed nods at MUDnoob.

Kinaed states, "So happy to have the conversation, but solving it will take a bit of discussion about what kind of things we even CAN flag on or show."

Kinaed says, "And thanks for bringing the topic up, appreciated."

Kinaed queries, "Anything else before we move onto our registered topics? :)"

MUDnoob claims, "I tend to figure that some things which are obvious for longstanding players and aren't to new ones are worth raising."

Kinaed nods at MUDnoob.

Kinaed pontificates, "For sure!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, with no one else raising anything, let's kick off our topics :)"

Kinaed questions to MUDnoob, "You had one?"

MUDnoob claims, "Could we get some kind of guide for what the individual Duchy languages sound like? I've never seen the non-translated text for the languages my character is fluent in, so I've no idea how it looks to others who don't speak it. Is it fluid and full of vowels? Consonant-heavy and glottal? It would be helpful for trying to add descriptive text in poses. "

Kinaed claims, "I'd be happy to endorse this, for example if a player made one, to review it and make it official - but in terms of my building it ... probably not."

Deedee claims, "If you use effort to set your language to 0, you can see what the coded language looks like"

StormyBoi states, "That can be achieved pretty easily, I think, just effort down to 0 in the language and try to talk"

Anonymous claims, "Tubori is like: leelululuoololho hoholululu ohohlluelel uluu"

Anonymous states, "Lol"

MUDnoob learns about effort!

Anonymous says, "I don't know the others"

MUDnoob states, "I might try to write something up then."

Kinaed says, "If you use effort, don't forget to set your skill back up when you're done :)"

StormyBoi says, "However, it is important to note that your character wouldn't recognize the language unless it has the color code on the language"

New Content

Kinaed says, "Cool, staff have very generous rewards for writing books and adding to game lore."

StormyBoi claims, "If you hear random garbage sounds, thats just someone saying gobbledygook"

StormyBoi claims, "But unless you see gbdfslgkdfglkjfglkjgk you don't know its daravi"

StormyBoi says OOCly, "Oh i messed up the x there but you get get the point"

Kinaed says, "You can submit lore from any room about the things that you've just RPed about and it earns 1-2 QP each submission, and books get 1-5 QP per page, if they're well written."

Trogdor questions, "I thought it cost IP to get a book publish?"

Kinaed states, "So please consider enriching our grid. It'll make you and your friends famous :)"

Deedee claims, "I noticed recently, I think with the new extended color code, than using color in says gets overridden by the language color thing."

Trogdor says, "Err.. qp i mean"

Kinaed claims to trogdor, "Nope."

Kinaed claims to trogdor, "Nope."

Kinaed claims to trogdor, "We pay QP for them."

Dreams says, "You receive QP if your book is published."

Trogdor says, "What does Having Staff load a book over 5 pages 50QP*"

Trogdor asks, "Mean?"

StormyBoi says, "The first and last letter of speaking are always color-coded, it overrides everything"

Kinaed says, "Loading a book means getting your hands on a copy of something someone has written."

Deedee claims, "That means buying a book someone else wrote"

MUDnoob says, "I think there's a difference if you are publishing a book as a character vs putting one into the public domain unconnected."

StormyBoi claims, "It means having staff load a book in from saved books in the system"

Trogdor claims, "Ahhh, i see"

StormyBoi states, "Perhaps one that is not on grid already or you cannot get access to, like a heretical book"

Kinaed says, "So in our archives, we have everything from mage grimoires to proper etiquette."

StormyBoi wonders, "The only issue is that unless you know the book, how will you know what book to get? That's always stopped me from asking"

Kinaed states, "Sometimes people who know about those books want to ICly get a copy."

StormyBoi says, "What if i just want a cool book that isnt on grid, just to have it"

Kinaed states, "I can probably post a list in a help file or something."

Kinaed makes a note.

Deedee asks, "How about proper etiquette for mages grimoires?"

Kinaed states, "Waaaait."

Kinaed says, "I think we set up a QP shop for books."

StormyBoi states, "It by no means has every book"

Leta says, "We did indeed."

Deedee claims, "There is, yes"

StormyBoi says, "It has like, some common ones and the heretical books i think"

Kinaed claims, "Probably should make sure that QP shop has all of the recent books though, I've approved some 2-3 in the last few months"

Sparkles claims, "Not all books are in there."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

StormyBoi claims, "I'm not sure how many books are in staff archive, I always imagined a lot, QP bookstore has like 15ish books"

Kinaed states, "If there's a particular one missing that you want in there, please Request Board and we'll decide if it's appropriate"

Anonymous states, "My secret diary will never see the light of day"

Trajen states, "Lol"

StormyBoi claims, "Until you die or liquidate and staff will ask if you want to submit it lol"

Anonymous says, "The grid would go insane"

Anonymous says, "If it saw my secret diary"

Ghed states, "We've seen stuff, guys."

StormyBoi states, "Important to say, not every book you work on on grid is "in the archive", you have to like, specifically appraoch staff if you write something"

Ghed nods.

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, so that's one topic :) Thanks!"

Kinaed muses to StormyBoi, "Would you like to introduce us to your topic?"

StormyBoi states, "Disclaimer, this is on behalf of an alt, my noble does not steal"

StormyBoi claims, "Minor, but mainly requires some code/staff attention attenttion: it has come to my attention from previous player's anecdotes and some slight testing that pickpocketing seems to be weighted in such a way that the vast majority of items do not show as available to steal. I have been advised that AE had to completely overhaul the system when they forked, and from my anecdotal attempts, playing with TI's pickpocketing feels incredibly unrewarding in comparison."

StormyBoi says, "It seems like the main items that show up are 1) letters 2) cup items and drinks purchased in taverns and 3) random minutae that doesn't always include things that would make sense. I believe this is because steal is built to base availability off of the weight of items, and not every item is actually codedly given a correct weight or size, or are 'flexible' and thus above whatever the game is targetting as 'stealable'. I've often seen items with peek that seem like they should be stealable, like keys and keyrings and little baubles, which never actually appear in steal."

StormyBoi claims, "I had often complained to others oocly that I never really utlized pickpocket other than for silver, and rarely then as it never felt 'rewarding' and even silver sometimes give an awful return (i got 4 silver off of a 'bulging beltpouch' once) so I find myself avoiding it, and I really started looking into WHY that was, and it really does seem to be because most of the interesting things that I might want to take aren't ever possible to steal. I am thus less inclined to indulge in opportunistic pickpocketing, which leads to it essentially never happening, and removes another way my thief can affect the playerbase (and also affects Reeves as pickpocketing largely does not occur.)"

Deedee says, "I agree."

Kinaed states, "Pickpocketing is on the list of things to review."

Kinaed says, "I've copied these comments down for consideration."

StormyBoi claims, "I'm not really sure how to fix this other than adjusting how harsh steal is on weights, or the extremely tedious task of making staff squint at weights on items, which sounds like an extreme hassle, but maybe we could try to adjust it so that more things show up and the difficulty is based on how heavy it is, VS only showing very light things"

Kinaed nods.

StormyBoi claims, "AE, if the person didn't have anything in their inventory, you could actually steal worn items"

Deedee claims, "Most of the thieving skills need a re-do I think"

StormyBoi states, "At an extreme disadvantage, I might add, but that was amusing"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed claims, "It's been long in coming, for sure."

StormyBoi states, "I've been trying to pin down why no one wants to play a thief, and I cant blame them when my thief literally barely steals"

Deedee says, "That reminds me"

Kinaed claims to StormyBoi, "I'll make it my agenda to work on the Steal revitalization right after we complete the Roles work."

MUDnoob is amused that Spotify has chosen '99 problems' as the soundtrack for player topics.

Deedee grins at MUDnoob.

Kinaed states, "We have some smaller things that might make their way in first though"

Kinaed states, "That'll just be the next "Big" rework."

Ghed says to StormyBoi, "Thanks for bringing it up"

StormyBoi claims, "I'm not expecting a super fast response, it seems like it needs someone smarter than me, just wanted to bring it to attention"

Kinaed cocks her ears to Deedee.

Kinaed nods at StormyBoi.

Deedee asks, "The forge command, does that work now for non-mail items?"

Kinaed claims to StormyBoi, "It's appreciated."

Kinaed questions, "Forge or forage?"

StormyBoi states, "I think forge is mail-only as verify only works for mail"

Deedee says, "Forge. you can apply your seal to things besides mail now."

Kinaed says, "I don't know, but I doubt it."

Deedee says, "Verify should probably also work for non-mail then, yeah"

StormyBoi says, "I think it would be almost impossible to verify non-mail, since anyone can edit paper"

Deedee says, "It can check the seal at least."

Deedee claims, "It's not applied directly to the same extended"

Kinaed takes notes, "Thanks!"

StormyBoi says, "I was not aware seals can be added to non-mail, other than pasting the ASCII, but that would probably be almost impossible to confirm as well"

Sparkles states, "Except it's not technically a requirement to have a seal."

StormyBoi claims, "How is that done, if I can ask, I've never heard of this before"

Kinaed wonders, "I wasn't aware either. What kinds of things can seals be applied to?"

StormyBoi queries, "Are you using an item on a paper object or book?"

Deedee says, "See help command seal"

Kinaed says, "Ahh, mail is paper."

Kinaed claims, "It's just formatted a certain way."

StormyBoi wonders, "Does it tack it on after the fact and make it un-editable?"

Kinaed claims, "Forge works on paper."

StormyBoi says, "If so then that should be verify-able"

Kinaed claims, "I think so, because I think it writes something like 'portions of this message appear in different ink'"

StormyBoi states, "But there's also nothing stopping someone from taking a handwritten note and stamping it with their seal"

StormyBoi claims, "So it wouldn't be their 'handwriting' but it would be their seal"

Deedee claims, "Right."

Deedee states, "I think it's good enough to verify the seal. verifying the writing would be hard to code"

Leta gives a little tartlet decorated half with fire and half with ice to Cat.

StormyBoi claims, "I almost would want that to be removed because of the possible headache that could be made from taking someone's handwritten note, stamping it, verifying it and getting a positive (for the stamp) when its actually "made" and written by someone else"

Deedee states, "Well an example for this"

StormyBoi claims, "That sounds like a multi-step way to do forging without the forge command and also get around the verify policy of having to go with what verify says"

Kinaed says, "I think we need to do some testing. If there's a player who is happy to test forge, seals, mail, paper and other related items to see what works and what doesn't, then report back, we'd be grateful for the help."

Deedee says, "For contracts, both people can apply their seal to the paper"

Deedee states, "So you could make a forged contract, sealing yours, and forging the other person's."

MUDnoob exclaims, "What?! I never agreed to transferring all my wealth to Deedee!"

Deedee queries, "Sorry if I derailed this by the way, are there other topics?"

MUDnoob exclaims, "And yet, it has my seal!"

StormyBoi states, "I'll admit this sounds like a niche thing that nobody uses and only extreme old players know about or would use anyways"

Deedee says, "It's actually very new."

Deedee states, "Seals used to only be for mail."

Anonymous states, "I didn't even know you could put it on things other than mail."

Deedee nods.

Deedee claims, "I just learned about it a few weeks ago"

Kinaed says, "I wasn't even aware of it, so that's interesting."

Sparkles claims, "While the topic is on the table ... currently the Help Forgery helpfile doesn't require/suggest cnotes for reasoning/precautions et al like other sneaky type stuff and perhaps should."

Ghed gasps!

Deedee declares, "Some coder ninja'd it in it seems! Don't think I ever saw it on help news"

Kinaed states, "That's probably a good idea. "

Kinaed says, "I'll add it to help cnotes and forgery to please cnote about any forgeries you make."

StormyBoi says, "Oh that explains why I've not heard of it lol. Sounds interesting though, as long as it's not too abusable "

StormyBoi questions, "Re: cnotes would we require those if we are training forgery?"

Kinaed says, "You'd think this would come under the existing cnote clauses, but yeah"

Kinaed says to StormyBoi, "Nah"

StormyBoi states, "At the moment it requires a very sicknasty amount of forged letters to raise it, and I usually just mail myself poetry"

Kinaed states, "More if you're taking an IC action and using forgery to decieve"

MUDnoob states, "Might be worth checking if it's actually not a bug? If it wasn't posted on news, and staff aren't aware of it, that feels more like an accident when coding."

Kinaed asks of MUDnoob, "Apologies, what might be a bug?"

MUDnoob claims, "Applying seals to non-mail things"

Kinaed says, "Please note that Kinaed not knowing something != Staff not knowing."

Deedee says, "I don't think so, it has a helpfile and all. and it was an approved idea on the ideas board. there was just no announcement that it was implemented"

Kinaed claims, "I've had a rocky time in the last six months with being in and out of hospital, etc."

MUDnoob declares, "Ahh, okay! I withdraw my observation :D"

Deedee comforts Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "So Temi's been stepping in to make decisions in my absence, for example."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Cat claims, "The TI code works in mysterious ways."

Kinaed asks, "I hear forge is tedious to pool?"

Kinaed can fix that quickly.

Kinaed states, "I've increased the pool value for forgery by 1/3"

Kinaed claims, "If someone could test that and let me know if it's better or worse, that'd be good."

Sparkles says, "I think it's more that unlike a lot of other things there's zero crafts you can use to augment the pooling."

Deedee queries, "I don't have the skill, so I can't check the helpfile, but does forge have an explanation on how to use it on paper instead of mail?"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Deedee nods.

Sparkles claims, "Though arguably there's certainly potential for some."

Deedee wonders, "Sorry again, were there other topics? I can get rambly about thief skills since there's so many issues"

Kinaed says, "Okay, rapidly taking notes of things to do to fix up forgery :)"

Trajen watches the penguin carefully to catch it in the act of forging.. jk

Kinaed says, "Oh, we don't have any other registered topics at the moment."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone have anything on their minds to discuss?"

Deedee states, "Ah, good :)"

Quartz queries, "Can we have a bulk fruit juice recipe? "

Cat states, "I think it would be cool if GM forger could make papers that trick the verify command."

Kinaed claims, "I don't know, but I'll write it down and ask the craft owner (which craft?) and see."

Violet states, "Oh. I would love bulk juice."

Sparkles claims, "Bulk dough for the win."

Cat claims, "It would be in brewing and doesn't exist right now."

Cat wonders, "I think?"

Quartz states, "Brewing, yeah. "

Deedee states, "Oh yeah that reminds me. I don't think the verify command works on non-mail sealed papers."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I know which staffer owns brewing, will ask them. And dough?"

Kinaed muses, "Cooking?"

MUDnoob claims, "Yep"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed wonders to Deedee, "Bug that please?"

Deedee nods.

Quartz claims, "Also, i tried it earlier, but i was no pooling blacksmithing with sharpen or a poolable recipe earlier. i even tried blocking and unblocking the skill. "

Kinaed nods at Quartz.

Kinaed claims to Quartz, "Please bug that and we'll look into it"

MUDnoob says, "Oh, I do have a question. It's a curiosity rather than an issue."

Quartz nods.

Kinaed perks her ears towards MUDnoob.

MUDnoob questions, "So, fishing. It pulls up lots of lovely different described fish. Which one then immediately cleans, reducing them to mere flaky fish fillets. Is there a purpose for different fish, or is it purely descriptive colour?"

Leta states, "There are regular and 'gourmet' or high-quality fish, and some rare ones"

Kinaed states, "Probably descriptive."

Deedee claims, "Mostly descriptive. but I think you can taxidermy them too"

Leta says, "But generally descriptive"

MUDnoob learns that taxidermy is a thing!

Dazzl claims, "Can you taxidermy them? I thought that'd be neat."

Ghed states, "Most fish varieties are purely descriptive"

Kinaed nods at Ghed.

Dazzl should fish more.

Kinaed thinks of a cheeky fish trophy on the wall.

MUDnoob claims, "I need to do that. Then find a mage who can make it sing."

StormyBoi states, "Different fishes give different amounts of meat as well i belive"

Dreams states, "'The larger the fish, the more filets."

StormyBoi states, "Some only give 1-2 some give a couple"

Sparkles states, "Also once you hit 60 in fishing, you can specify what type of fish you want. "

Deedee asks, "Anyone with leatherworking? can you see if the taxidermy works on fishys?"

Trajen states, "Oh wow."

Sparkles says, "In case you are, IDK, all salmon all the time."

Dazzl states, "Taxidermy requires a corpse, it looks like"

Deedee claims, "Ah, too bad."

Quartz pontificates, "Okay yall. i gotta drive home from work now! thank you all again for being great, and rec's will be going out tonight!! "

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we have five minutes until it's time to wrap up :)"

Ghed waves to Quartz.

Quartz waves.

Kinaed claims, "I want to say thank you to everyone who attended and participated in OOC Chat today."

Kinaed states, "Happy to chat about anything else for the remaining minutes by the way :)"

Trajen wonders, "How's the weather down under? It snowed here in SC for the first time in a long time"

Kinaed muses, "Someone has suggested we should advertise again. I have an OOC Chat of people with ideas on how to advertise somewhere in our history, but I might make a document on where and how if people have ideas now?"

Kinaed states, "Then I don't have to dig."

Sparkles queries, "Ah, quick question but - until the bug that makes adding folks end the universe, can noble types request staff manually add them to Court?"

Ghed states, "Pls remember to recommed each other, post rumors, post cnotes when you make discoveries, and be awesome"

MUDnoob asks, "Oh, another question. The flurry of characters creating last night - Ghed I think you said you were monitoring - bots?"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Yes"

Ghed claims to MUDnoob, "We took care of it with extreme prejudice."

Deedee says, "I use tintin++ and it has advertisements for some muds when you launch it"

MUDnoob thumbsups

Kinaed claims, "Provided the GL is happy, I cna just add it to the HELP COURT that if you're a noble, Request Board to be added."

Violet says, "No complaints from me."

Kinaed trails off, "To Dee thanks, wrote that down..."

MUDnoob dings the bell.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. Thanks everyone!"

Kinaed says, "I hope to see you next week, and I hope you have a blast RPing in between."

Kinaed waves.

Temi

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:54 pm

I remember we did decide to add the ability to add your seal to non-mail papers, and that seems to be reflected in the helpfile - looks like it was in the help feb2020 changes list, but may not have been broadly highlighted. I don't think forgery was considered at that time, and it may not have a supported version yet - it probably should though.

And fishing uses the craft system to organize the sizes of the fishes available at different levels, but it was never intended to be used by players like an actual craft. Unfortunately a weird overlap in the 'Ooh, we can do crafts for anything to represent stuff like mini-quests rather than only actual crafts!' and 'Fishing isn't a craft, this is a clever place to do the configuration for it and nobody will ever know!'

• Information