Log of OOC Meeting 11-27-21

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Murrmurs
Discord Handle: Murrmurs

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and
truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their 
skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of 
this and each other at all times."

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you
register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed wonders, "Is everyone still away getting tea?"

Anonymous states, "I am not"

Salem appears in a swirling mist. [OOC]

Salem waves.

Deedee states, "I'm imagining tea."

Salem has returned from AFK.

Deedee states, "Too lazy to make it"

Kinaed says, "All good :) I'll go with no topics today then."

Kinaed claims, "If you think of anything as we go, please feel free to jot it down and send me a
tell. Ooo, I got one."

Kinaed says, "Kicking off Staff Updates:"

Kinaed states, "Last week, I handled a couple of policy cases, processed the Request Queue, revised
the roles specification a bit, started the Stealth Spec - special thanks to Anonymous' player for 
investigating how something worked to help me with that, and ran a staff meeting."

Anonymous is totally innocent.

Kinaed claims, "This week, I intend to continue working with the Stealth Spec."

Kinaed states, "I understand the role purchasing spec has gone to code and is in progress."

Kinaed says, "That's everything from me :) Alas, I am alone at the moment - I think Salem is AFK."

Salem states, "I'm here."

Kinaed muses, "So, let's move to Player Heartbeat. How was the game for you this week, everyone?"

Kinaed exclaims to Salem, "Oh, awesome!"

Kinaed wonders to Salem, "Want to give your update?"

Kinaed states, "My apologies."

Salem states, "I have been working on code things."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "There have been a lot of changes. Some quick ones - we have MSSP installed, Court
Members can now dual guild with one (and only one) other guild, and Subvert no longer requires RP 
familiarity."

Murrcognito queries, "MSSP?"

Kinaed claims, "Some sort of protocol for websites and crawlers that gives data to them about us."

Deedee queries, "Is it still reporting 0 players?"

Kinaed claims, "I don't know, sadly."

Deedee states, "Yeah, looks like it is. might want to fix that, or we look totally empty, haha"

Deedee states, "Https://grapevine.haus/games/TI/stats"

Kinaed says, "Thanks for reporting that."

Salem says, "I will fix it today."

Kinaed claims, "Thanks Salem :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, appreciate the update, and THANK YOU SALEM for everything."

Kinaed states, "The hard work is sincerely appreciated."

Deedee cheers for Salem!

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, Player Heartbeat - take two! How was the game for you this week?"

Sarathi states, "I had drama."

Kinaed muses, "Anything contribute to making it good or bad?"

Deedee says, "I've been pretty absent again, deadlines"

Kinaed wonders to Sarathi, "Fun drama or 'omfg, whyyyyyy' drama?"

Deedee asks, "Good IC drama or bad OOC drama?"

Kinaed comforts Deedee.

Sarathi says, "Good kind."

Kinaed states, "Nice :) Always glad to hear it."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else want to tell us how their experience of TI went this last week?"

Sparkles claims, "The plot was super interesting."

Kinaed states, "That's great feedback, I'll let Leta know :)"

Kinaed asks, "Well, I'm glad that those feeling talkative today seem to be enjoying themselves.
Anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Kinaed states, "Obviously the silence means all is well, so let's jump into Player Topics :)"

Kinaed muses to Murrcognito, "Would you mind kicking us off with your title?"

Kinaed says to Murrcognito, "With your topic, not title. Oh dear."

Kinaed needs her brain food.

Murrcognito states, "Hee"

Murrcognito says, "Real brief: Robust rumors about IC occurences, particularly those related to the
ongoing header plot, would be appreciated. They help tie in players who are unable to be physically 
present or those who aren't online often."

Kinaed nods at Murrcognito.

Izari states, "Seens like there's been rumors put up about them each step of the way as far as I can
see"

Kinaed states to Murrcognito, "I'll pass that to Staff who may be able to assist since it's a big
plot, but it'd be really great if people could take it upon themselves to do a rumor or two to help 
staff out since so much effort goes into plots, and the rumor space is intended to be run by 
players."

Kinaed says, "I've had a request to add anonymously:                                                
one thing that might be affecting that is that the Sanctum has no rumormonger to post/interact with 
rumors because of how rumor code is tied with public rooms."

Kinaed states, "I think adding a rumormonger for the Sanctum is easy enough."

Kinaed claims, "Making a note"

Kinaed queries, "Anything else to add on that topic? Is what we've discussed here enough to resolve
it?"

Kinaed says, "Tough crowd today."

Kinaed says, "Say another anonymous topic: What does everyone think about nixing the emote
requirement for using rituals with other players around, and being able to just use the default 
strings? With the option of doing something custom as well, of course, but just not requiring it'."

Kinaed states, "It seems to me to be a convenience, but the reason it is in place is that players
can script cast very easily and we've had abuses of it in the past"

Kinaed says, "So this is actually due to mages misbehaving and casting 5 spells in 30 seconds."

Tasker claims, "I think that'd be a good idea. I don't feel it adds anything having people forced to
do it, as usually people just write in something quick and easy to get them done. Or just leave the 
room and come back when they're finished."

Kinaed states, "I know it's easier - but the point is that magic is not intended to be easy. We left
the old system in place for 'out of RP' casting though."

Tasker states, "Hmm, I didn't consider the scripting part. "

Murrcognito says, "Speaking from past experience: It really doesn't provide quality RP to emote
through 10 rituals."

Deedee queries, "I'm not familiar with the system, would threading it help with abuse?"

Murrcognito asks, "If someone is willing to script out rit spam, couldn't they just as easily
include some prewritten emotes to spam with?"

Kinaed says, "Potentially, we can look at threading instead."

Kinaed states to Murrcognito, "Not as easily, but to a degree, yes. This solution was not JUST about
stopping that behavior, there was the added benefit of magic being custom-emotable."

Kinaed says, "But largely it was about reducing/stopping that behavior."

Murrcognito states, "RE: Magic not being easy: This case feels like more of a pain point than a
benefit.  When I've cast with others around, there is still the emote to accompany the ritual. But 
the mandated 'say spam' style of writing that accompanies rit casting is not always enjoyable."

Kinaed states, "The flip side of it not adding a lot of value to RP - casting magic in the old
fashioned pre-emoted way doesn't add a lot of value to RP either, so we may need to entirely go back 
to the drawing board on it."

Murrcognito states, "Invocation* rather than individual rituals."

Kinaed says, "In general, casting magic with other people in the room is just yucky. A better system
might be the old system outside of RP, and maybe an auto-complete over time in RP or something."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, I'll take this request under advisement and put it on Staff Talking points."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else want to talk about anything? It seems like a bit of a slow day for people,
so I can wrap it up early and let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled RP :)"

Kinaed wonders, "Any PSAs? Have I forgotten anything for anyone?"

Kinaed exclaims, "Going once...!"

Kinaed declares, "Going twice...!"

Kinaed declares, "Okay, thanks for coming everyone :) I hope you have a fantastic Saturday, and look
forward to seeing you for OOC Chat next week!"

• Information