Log of OOC Meeting - 2021-04-10

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Raspberries winks.

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Anonymous claims, "I have a topic."

Kinaed has Anonymous. 

Kinaed exclaims, "Anyone else want to register a topic? don't forget to pre-write your topic introduction!"

Kinaed wonders, "An anonymous one ahs come in via tell. Anyone else?"

Deedee shakes.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, last week I handed a few policy items, but that was about it given Easter."

Kinaed has transferred Hawali.  [OOC]

Temi gives a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow to Hawali.

Kitty claims, "I think my one thing was aired directly to staff earlier this week, so probably doesn't need to be brought up here."

Kinaed claims, "This week has been focused on Staff Meetings, and the like. :)"

Kinaed says to Kitty, "It's up to you :)"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay that's all for me..."

Kinaed rolled 1d3 for a pool of: 2. []

Kinaed claims to Salem, "You're up - but you're also AFK. Hmm."

Eos starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Deedee lights a round-headed cautery iron and a wide heating brazier and sets it on the ground.

Kinaed trails off to Salem, "Here to provide an update, or...? Will wait a sec, then jump to... I guess Temi :)"

Deedee gets a round-headed cautery iron and a wide heating brazier.

Marcus whistles. 

Kinaed questions to Temi, "I think salem is AFK :) Mind updating us?"

Temi states, "Sure."

Temi grins.

Temi states, "So, I've been primarily working on the new Grey Zone, which has been officially named as Confessor's Alley."

Salem has returned from AFK.

Anonymous says, "I like this name."

Hawali says, "Which we are oh so excited about."

Kinaed claims, "Cool :)"

Temi claims, "Though I did add a tunnel called Cirian Undercircle, in honor of our late Sapiente."

Eos finishes her note.

Kinaed smiles.

Anonymous queries, "Is the Gray zone going to be open to reeve/knights?"

Raspberries states, "That's nice"

Hawali nods approvingly.

Gnomely claims, "I think the point of the Gray Zone is to be a gray zone."

Kinaed nods at Gnomely.

Temi says, "I chatted with the Reeves, and they are going to be able to get in but can't arrest NPCs and will generally not be able to arrest people."

Anonymous claims, "Ah I see."

Temi says, "Current plan is to let them do arrests there for a cost of IPs."

Kinaed wonders, "Oh, meaning in that zone, the arrest command costs IP?"

Eos finishes her note.

Raspberries muses, "Is arrest actually blocked there with a mobprog?"

Temi claims, "Not entirely worked out how to enact it, but the Reeves were onboard with that strategy."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries nods.

Temi claims, "Probably will be enforced through an accept on the entry, rather than code."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries muses, "Would make sense. And abductions are fine there I assume?"

Salem states, "I#m back"

Kinaed smiles at Salem.

Kinaed has transferred Tasker.  [OOC]

Anonymous claims, "I've been spooked.l"

Temi claims, "Beyond grey zone, I haven't focused on the skill mini-quests, but I did add the new weekly craft recipes.  Bulk fruit and veggies, this week."

A male voice states, "REAL SPOOK HOURS "

Anonymous states, "OH GOD"

Temi gives a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow to Tasker.

Temi says, "And hoping to wrap up the Missing Children plot directly following OOC chat."

Gnomely wonders, "Why is the question "how do we hurt/arrest people" in a zone that's being added specifically so criminal types and normal types can RP without risking Southside?"
Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kitty questions, "Because they are criminal types, and they might want to hurt people there?"

Anonymous says, "Because bad things happen around such places"

Kinaed asks of Salem, "You're back? :) Want to update us?"

Salem states, "I worked on the butchering code. It needs to be rebalanced but otherwise works now. Otherwise the refactoring is also a thing I'm doing."

Kinaed smiles at Salem.

Kinaed asks, "Going okay?"

Deedee claims, "That's good to hear"

Salem states, "Ooof. I'm at the point where each change changes everything else so... it goes slowly."

Kinaed nods at Salem.

Kinaed claims, "Thank you for your persistence :)"

Gaiseric is idle.

Kinaed wonders to Eos, "May we hear your update next? :)"

Eos states, "I've worked on the code again now that I have more time. I fixed one staff side thing, fixed the age bracket bug only to add a new one. I finished part one of the daily locale quest - it's fully functional, just lacks a feature - and am now working on trash rerouting into southside. It's mostly done. I should be working on reenabling the webclient after. "

Raspberries says, "Just what southside needs. :)"

Sparkles questions, "Trash AKA things junked?"

Raspberries nods.

Hawali says, "WHOAH. I love it."

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kitty queries, "How will that affect us accidentally junking the wrong thing because of a keyword mixup - will we still be able to ask for its retrieval?"

RainbowQuartz junks all gross things to fill SS wwith flavor and scent 

Temi finishes her note.

Kinaed says, "Yes, I think it still goes to a holding room before some things are removed entirely and other things may be reintroduced"

Kitty nods.

Raspberries asks, "Some goes into the sewers too if I remember the plan correctly?"

Kinaed says, "I am wrong."

Kinaed says, "The spec didn't say that, I just thought it did."

Cat states, "But it could also be great rp. Saying yikes I threw something away that I didn't want to throw out, now I have to task someone to get it from Southisde."

Kinaed states, "But! Eos will adjust the spec and the code."

Kitty nods.

Kinaed nods at Cat.

BoltIsPogchamp is idle.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, I think that's all for staff updates?"

Sparkles muses, "Is there a non 'junk' way to junk things?"

Kinaed claims, "I want to say a big thank you to staff."

Hawali wonders, "Consign?"

Raspberries claims, "You can bury them"

Anonymous claims, "There's consign"

Marcus says, "Spooky spells."

Cat muses, "And donate?"

Raspberries claims, "Buried items disappear after a week or so"

Kinaed says, "Consign, bury, and a spell in the game that destroys objects."

Kinaed nods at Cat.

Sparkles claims, "I'm most pondering food mostly like ... throwing it away for realism and pondering the same sandwich being junked and existing in perpetuity."

Sparkles chuckles.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, one thing Staff wanted to raise - we have a calendar of staff events at the moment where we're running one event per month or so. Can I check, on the whole - is this too much for players, or has it been good?"

Kitty claims, "Southsiders might like to find free, bug filled food."

Eos claims, "Oh food isnt junked the same way."

Cat states, "XD The forever sandwich."

Kinaed says, "We've had some players report their specific areas of the game are overburdened."

Eos states, "So thats not an issue."

Kinaed says, "But we're not sure if that's a special case."

RainbowQuartz declares, "You know that they say about bad sandwiches!"

Temi nods.

Anonymous claims, "In my honest opinion, I think one event a month is okay... IF they aren't world-shatteringly important events."

Anonymous claims, "Which... the last two have kind of bene."

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Temi claims, "We were talking about just checking in with you guys at this meeting every week to see how things are feeling as far as busyness."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Cat claims, "Yeah. It dargs a little on me, but It's also great fun."

Anonymous claims, "So I am fairly stressed and stretched."

Temi says to Anonymous, "Well, I don't know if five kids going missing is earth-shattering."

Temi grins.

Kitty claims, "Right now, we have one very urgent and time consuming plot that hasn't finished yet, along with another very urgent and time consuming plot that started."

Cat trails off, "Drags..."

Deedee nods in agreement.

BoltIsPogchamp is no longer idle.
BoltIsPogchamp has returned from AFK.

Anonymous declares, "It is when the whole council say FIVE KIDS NO WE GOTTA FIND THEM NOW!"

Murrmurs claims, "I have enjoyed the game world being active with there being stuff to RP around and work toward."

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Okay, so shatters their worlds, at least."

Gnomely says, "We don't need less plots. We need more morally gray PCs. >.>"

Deedee claims, "Deedee was like, "Yeah, that happens.""

RainbowQuartz states, "I remember when there were several of these things going on all at once. "

Kinaed says, "That is a staff consideration - so we had a one a month thing... and I think one staff member started theirs mid-month, and the other staff started theirs at the first of the month before the previous one wound up."

Anonymous claims, "I LIKE how the current staff plots have been going... although the current one is a little bit too dark for my taste but I'm a wimp at this stuff... but I would like some time between them."

Kinaed states, "We can adjust that from a learnings standpoint."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so it seems like the issue may be overlap more than anything."

Moartex queries, "Is it necessary to have a fixed rate of plot progression like this?"

PrettyPink questions, "I think the plots happening is very nice and it's wonderful having plots--I think maybe instead of month by month, we just start one up when the last one is wrapped up?"

Temi has transferred Rey.  [OOC]

Temi gives a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow to Rey.

Gnomely says, "I don't think that's specific to all plots, Moartex. It might be specific to the plot runner's own time."

PrettyPink says, "But then again, the children wrapup is mostly waiting on an IC scene I think, and was 'handled' beforehand and pretty much done when this one started up"

Kinaed claims, "We discussed it during our Staff Meeting today and feel that staff in general should, on a case by case basis, be sensitive to the context of certain players who are across more getting burned out and trying to actively direct and spread RP to people rather than let it concentrate."

Anonymous claims, "If I were doing it I would say once every three months. Start a plot one month, give an OOC month to run it, then a month's cooldown, then the next one at the start of th efollowing month. But that's how I'd do it. FOr what it's worth."

Raspberries claims, "I think monthly plots are a great idea"

Temi claims, "The idea is that staff would sign up in advance for handling a plot during a month, so that we know ahead of time and can prepare for it"

Eos finishes her note.

Moartex claims, "One can argue that depending on the plot, the level of involvement both in degree of intensity and the amount of the characters it encompasses... maybe I'm not understanding but it sounds... yeah, case by case."

Moartex says, "Would have been my opinion anyway."

Kitty says, "I like the plots. The work put toward them has been great. It's just the frequency, yes. And the urgency, I guess."

Kinaed states, "I'd like to invite players who are feeling overwhelmed to contact staff and let us know so we can proactively manage that. We're not necessarily aware if we're not told."

Temi states, "But we might want to be better about which ones are big or small"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "As right now it's mainly based on the time the staff member that signs up has fo rit"

Kinaed states, "I can say for sure that my January plot of the lost tomb was meant to be a tiny blip"

Kinaed declares, "And was probably bigger than I knew!"

Kitty states, "That one was a tiny blip, as far as I understand."

Kitty states, "It'd be great if, somehow, we could have an earth shattering one, followed by a smaller one before another earth shattering one."

Hawali claims, "All the plot activity has been super, from where I stand."

Kinaed says, "Oh, good. I was told it was a bit mroe intensive, but it may just again be on which players got 'hit' with it, so to speak."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Murrmurs claims, "Here to be a contrarian... I deeply enjoy the frequent dark plot activity."

Kinaed says, "That's great feedback, thank you"

Anonymous says, "I though tthe lost tomb was fun. But it took a while to get people engaged in it."

Temi says, "I know for next month, Eos and Salem are planning something off-grid, so should only affect those who want to join in."

Kitty says, "I've seen that certain people are grabbing on to every one by the teeth and taking main roles, but that's not a bad thing."

Eos states, "It'll be a mage centric ST rather than a plot. "

Anonymous says, "In my defense kitty, that's kind of what I'm supposed to do. lol."

RainbowQuartz says, "I will mention that it feels... off that a lot of player may have been waiting on a single player or two to advance a plot. I will apologize for my part in, but Life > Game. "

Salem pontificates, "It's next month?!*falls out of chair*"

Kinaed says, "I think Staff should make an effort when some players are grabbing things by the teeth, to themselves spread the RP out a bit. We can't blame some players for being proactive and enjoying being involved."

Temi claims to Salem, "May usually comes after April."

Kinaed claims, "I would ask that if you're a more proactive person, though, to consider delegating or involving others"

Eos states, "Quartz, we've been thinking of how to solve that, yes :)"

Kinaed says to RainbowQuartz, "I agree with that, and Staff are happy to have NPCs step in and help in those situations."

Kitty says to Anonymous, "I said it wasn't a bad thing."

Kinaed states, "We just discussed that earlier today."

Anonymous nods at Kitty.

Rey claims, "Maybe have plots of different styles. Like geared toward certain types of players."

Temi nods.

RainbowQuartz muses, "Could there be a time limit or something that everyone could be okay with? "

Temi says, "I think they have been."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that may be all on that point - but I want to thank the players who alerted staff that there were some problematic things about our plot suite at the moment so that we can get better. "

PrettyPink has been transferred out by Temi.  [OOC]

RainbowQuartz muses, "Before staff step in as NPC's?"

Kitty states to Murrmurs, "And, I actually agree that the plots are great. That isn't the contention. I love the work put into them."

Gnomely claims, "In Dungeons and Dragons, plots can take many many sessions. Trying to limit them, is counter-productive in a game that's based on storytelling."
Kinaed says to RainbowQuartz, "I think so. I think Staff should be willing to give it a week or so."

Kinaed claims, "Since we work on a weekly activity rhythm as a game."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed nods at Gnomely.

Temi asks, "Does weekly make sense to everyone for waiting on someone's role?"

Deedee says, "Sounds fair enough."

Kinaed has transferred Zara.  [OOC]

Moartex says, "I was thinking about D&D right now too. I mean, in my experience, modules and campaigns go at the pace at which the playerbase chooses it to go at. If you spend four hours every session doing tavern RP, the campaign takes a long time. If we all roll up our sleeves and go stomp gobbos, then it's quick. It feels sort of artificial that we're trying to put a tick rate on plots. I understand we're not monolithic and logged in all at the same time so maybe the rate of plot progression is being driven by faster actors."

Rey claims, "I think it depends on how far that pushes the plot forward. A week to wait for someone to do something minor seems like a lot."

Anonymous claims, "Like I said Gnomely I like the plots and storylines, but practically every single scene I've had for the last week and a half has been around the same plot in some manner. I try to be active and available but it gets a bit strained, especially when the plot is so heavy and important."

Zara ,appears!

Temi gives a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow to Zara.

Moartex says, "But as someone recently returning, this is the first time in my life I've ever heard of anyone asking for plots to be tuned down."

Moartex claims, "In any MUD."

Kitty says, "Patience from people would be appreciated. Especially if some IC things need to happen before a plot contribution is made."

Kinaed says to Moartex, "That is part of our analysis, yes."

Kinaed states to Moartex, "Some players are online a lot because they have more free time OOC and others are less."

Moartex nods.

Deedee nods.

Gnomely nods.

Kinaed declaims, "Anyway, if anyone thinks of a solution, even in the shower, please let us know!"

A male voice states, "But then my laptop will get wet"

Deedee claims, "If the time runs up, I would rather it not be 'PC X does nothing.' but just a vague result of actions they may or may have not taken"

RainbowQuartz goes to shower to think for Kink. 

Temi states, "Maybe get out of the shower before you let us know, though."

Anonymous says, "That's what you get for laptoping int he shower."

Marcus has lost link.
Marcus has reconnected.

Anonymous claims, "Mr spooky voice"

Tasker slowly fades into view.
Tasker moves suddenly, revealing his position.

Tasker says, "IT IS I, GREEN TASKER>"

Kinaed says, "In the meantime, we'll try to be better about proactively spreading RP to people who seem underserved and trying to actively monitor if anyone is overburdened. We'll also try not to have multiple staff-run plots overlapping, especially if they're big ones."

Anonymous says, "SHIT RUN"

Hawali muses, "You guys don't MUD from the shower?"

Kinaed grins.

Rey claims, "I'm sort of worried that the one week rule will end with nothing getting done."

Kinaed muses to Hawali, "How else do you get the MUD off though?"

Temi states to Deedee, "I think the plan is to have an NPC in their role do it, rather than accuse a specific person of not doing things"

Deedee nods.

Kitty states, "I think anything shorter than a week is unreasonable - things may need to happen IC, and one person's contribution may depend on finding someone else (or multiple people) for a scene to get something done."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi says, "But we're happy to slow things down more when that matches the pace people want to play at."

Temi claims, "The main things is when the people who have a lot of time are chomping at the bit in a quick pace, and others who want to get involved don't have as much time to hit that pace"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "I think a one week time limit before NPCs will step in to help is reasonable."

Kinaed claims, "It sounds like the pbase on the whole agree."

Anonymous questions, "Can we define 'help'?"

Zara states, "If its okay, I have something minor I would like to mention? Nothing big."

Eos claims, "They do the things that the plot is waiting on"

Temi states, "Fill a role that requires a specific character-type, according to that role's theme."

Anonymous says, "Hmm. OKay. I guess that could go either way to helping or hindering the 'players side'."

Kinaed muses to Zara, "Do you mind if I add you to the list of topics and you write up your question?"

Sparkles questions, "So what happens with that relative to the idea of plots not overlapping?"

Kinaed says to Zara, "We'll call on you during Player Topics to introduce your question."

Temi says, "Or if it is related to this, you can just say it."

RainbowQuartz trails off, "Maybe asking the Guilds, or groups that are may need/want assistance. If I recall there are only two PC Inquisitors... "

Temi nods.

Zara nods. "Okay."

BoltIsPogchamp has gone AFK.

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Zara, "Okay, I've got you - you're third in the queue"

Kinaed nods at RainbowQuartz.

RainbowQuartz has gone AFK.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "I think "We'll wait one week before having an NPC respond - but can use an NPC earlier if it's a guild thing and active guild members approve' seems fine"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, in the interests of time - next agenda item is the Player Heartbeat - how has the game been for everyone this past week, folks?"

Hawali claims, "Hairy."

Gnomely says, "The game has been pretty good to me, this week."

Hawali states, "But good."

Anonymous states, "I second Hawali"

Wight is idle.
Gaiseric has left the game.

Kitty states, "My scenes have been good."

Temi asks, "Good hairy or bad hairy?"

Kinaed queries, "Hairy in what way? Just busy? Complicated?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed smiles at Kitty.

Deedee queries, "Covered with hair?"

Kinaed grins at Deedee.

Zara has enjoyed things so far. Zara is writing an opera. I had an amazingly fun scene this morning with an alt too.

Salem says, "I had very good scenes, but also very busy scenes."

Anonymous states, "Very very busy. Strained. Stretched thin. Like I said, the whole plot thing, but we went over that already. Some of the scenes have been good, some of them have been bad."

Hawali states, "...Complicated."

Kinaed says to Zara, "That's awesome, and we're glad to hear it :)"

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Kinaed comforts Anonymous.

Kinaed nods at Rey.

Kinaed says OOCly, "That mis-targetted."

Anonymous wonders, "What I get no comfort?"

Anonymous claims, "I am unamused."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else want to share how their week on TI was?"

Zara wants to perform this show she is working on. Must find her Boss Bards.

Kinaed comforts Anonymous.

Anonymous states, ":)"

Kinaed smiles at Zara.

Rey says, "It's been a mix of good and complicated."

Kinaed nods at Rey.

Deedee claims, "Got another guild member back, so that's good"

Kinaed wonders, "Well, it sounds like it's a mediocre week. Anything we can do to make it go better besides the plot stuff we've already discussed?"

Kinaed says to Deedee, "That's great :)"

Marcus claims, "Well - I've been back for an hour."

Kinaed grins at Marcus.

RainbowQuartz has returned from AFK.

Sparkles says, "I've had a good week, lots of stuff to talk about and reasons to talk with a lot of various people. Also really excited to see how many folks we have about today."

Hawali exclaims, "Welcome back!"

Kinaed states to Marcus, "Welcome to our OOC Chat :)"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Temi declaims, "I've been excited to see a lot of newbies rooling up too!"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "It's great! And on that, we probably should start to delve into player Topics."

Kinaed questions to Anonymous, "You're the first (and last) person in my list at the moment. Care to raise a topic for discussion?"

RainbowQuartz claims, "My week have been scant, but I am glad I was able to get on and send some mail, and have a quick scene. "

RainbowQuartz declaims, "I am thankful for all of you! "
Kinaed smiles at RainbowQuartz.

Kinaed states to RainbowQuartz, "Glad you're here too :)"

Anonymous says, "Yes thank you. I wanted to know if there's any interest or possibility about merging hide and sneak into one STEALTH skill."

Marcus says, "Never heard that one before."

Anonymous claims, "Which would handle both hiding... AND sneaking. Shocking I know."

Zara claims, "Plot is nice. I'm also trying to do a little mini character idea with Zara, if anyone bites the bait. My alt is proving to be highly entertaining, I need to do something with him...what is the question."

Raspberries says, "I think that's been the plan for a long time"

Anonymous says, "Oh is it? Well then. Goes to show what I know."

Kinaed says to Anonymous, "Yes! It's the major stealth overhaul... that we've been waiting for... for a very long time. But it is in the cards, and specced out."

Gnomely says, "Yes. I would love to see that too."

Kinaed has created the Stealth Overhaul spec[20].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 20)the Stealth Overhaul spec

Anonymous gets the Stealth Overhaul spec.

Raspberries gets the Stealth Overhaul spec.

Zara oohs. Stealth overhaul? Nice!
Murrmurs gets the Stealth Overhaul spec.

Anonymous sneakily steels one of them.

Deedee surreptitiously picks up the Stealth Overhaul spec.

Kinaed says, "NOTE - this is not the final version."

RainbowQuartz gets the Stealth Overhaul spec.

Kinaed claims, "This was something Niamh wrote up about it some time ago. It's approved with a few changes, but I'm not sure if those changes made it into the specification."

Kinaed says, "But as you can see - yes we wanted to merge sneak and stealth."

Kinaed claims, "Er, sneak and hide into stealth"

Raspberries claims, "By the ay, I noticed the idea for hidden give, drop, etc on the bugboard"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed says, "It's there."

Raspberries questions, "Hidden take would replace palm?"

RainbowQuartz sneezes loudly.

Kinaed says, "Not discussed, but a good point for us to remember."

Eos claims, "Yea lavinia i looked at it and passed it on to salem but its in a waiting list of things to work on"

Gnomely claims, "Palm could be adjusted to work with draw/sheath."

Raspberries claims, "Sounds good. I'm also not sure if palm is working as intended"

Marcus asks, "Can't you do a hidden give?"

Marcus states, "I swear that was in the game."

Raspberries trails off, "Not mundanely..."

Kinaed says, "I have a registered anonymous topic next, but the person who registered it has not yet sent me the tell with the text they wanted to raise."

Kinaed states, "So I might skip them and go to Zara's question for now."

Kinaed wonders to Zara, "Did you want to ask your question?"

Zara nods!

Salem puts away his whip.

Zara says, "Its more of a hopeful draw of attention to an idea I had. I have a post on the General board. Take a look if you are curious note 11 I think. Those who like comedy, drama and maybe  romance will find it interesting maybe? There is no pressure nor expectations."

Kinaed says, "Let me have a look real quick."

Cat picks at his teeth with the pointy end of his arrow-shaped skewer.

Cat stops using a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow.

Cat holds a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow in his hand.

Cat twirls his arrow-shaped skewer between a couple of his fingers, flipping it end over end.

Hawali skewers herself with a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow. 

Eos claims, "Cat (and everyone else) look inside the skewer ;)"

Cat gets a bite sized chunk of tropical fruit carved in an even ball from a short, jade green skewer, carved in the shape of an arrow.

Cat eats a bite sized chunk of tropical fruit carved in an even ball.

Cat claims, "I like this. Keeps."

Kinaed claims, "Ahh, okay. Yes, posting on the General Board when looking for backstory RP partners is the right way to go. I'm not sure if the way this is written may not garner interaction because we do have policies against setting up 'future RP' if that makes sense. So people may not respond because they're happy to formulate background conenctions, but aren't allowed to OOCly collude RP to specific storylines or results."

Kinaed wonders, "Does that make sense?"

Sparkles states, "Also some of those scenarios rely on IC factors that require other people's IC approval they can't OOCly guarantee."

Kinaed says, "That said, you're absolutely welcome and I'm sure everyone would love to RP plots of the nature you describe :)"

Zara nods. "Sorry I wasn't aware. I'm not looking for a certain outcome though. A beginning to RP yes. But I don't want it to end a certain way."

Cat asks, "I don't understand. can some english me please?"

Kinaed states to Zara, "No need to be sorry :) It's perfectly fine."

Hawali says to Zara, "That is how I understood it. Excellent invitation for an RP jumping off point."

Zara says, "Thank you. I just wanted to see if anyone might be interested."

Kinaed says to Zara, "I'm just letting you know that depending on how someone reads that, they'll be more interested in ICly walking up to you and RPing about it than potentially OOCly contacting you to set it up given how we do things, that's all :) The type of RP and things you're going for there are our bread and butter."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

BoltIsPogchamp says, "I don't have time for another alt but this sounds hella fun. just making like some ugly rude fella so you can dunk on him until he leaves"

Kinaed asks of BoltIsPogchamp, "Maybe contact Zara later?"

BoltIsPogchamp states, "I don't have time for another alt :( just wanted to say I like the idea"

Deedee states, "On a related note- Physicians could always use more Physicikers."

Kinaed states to Zara, "Also, welcome and thank you sincerely for joining our OOC Chat :)"

Kinaed nods at BoltIsPogchamp.

Zara queries, "I see. Well I could always have Tesa show up somehow or start sending letters?"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed nods at Zara.

Kinaed states, "Taking an IC step is one of the best ways to get balls rolling :)"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Ohh yes"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I have another few topics and only eight minutes."

Kinaed states, "So from our anonymous source: A PSA bringing up the fact we seem to be having some of the old IDling/DCing out in scenes thing cropping up. I.e., folks dropping link/idling out in scenes they are actively in and then a short time later asking for RP through OOC/notify etc."

Zara declares, "If anyone knows how I can bring the mother in let me know later!"

Kinaed states to Zara, "You can potentially make an NPC for her and/or make her a retainer if you cannot find a player to fill the role."

Kinaed states to Zara, "There are some policies around NPC use, but that's one way to go if you're not getting any players who can help."

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Oh where can i find the policies"

Kinaed questions to BoltIsPogchamp, "I *think* we have HELP VNPC?"

BoltIsPogchamp states, "Yes"

Raspberries claims, "There was a noble a while back that had a NPC wife. Did pretty well with it"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Not sure what else - will see if I can find any using help match <string> and get back to you"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Cat claims, "Can we get back to the new question."

Kitty claims, "There are some policy things in help command retainer."

Kinaed muses to Cat, "Is this the people dropping out of RP thing, or...?"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Cat claims, "Yes."

Kinaed exclaims to Kitty, "Thanks!"

Raspberries muses, "Just a PSA it sounded like- so.... don't do that?"

Kinaed asks, "Yes, let's focus on the people droppign out of RP thing. Anyone have any comments or anything about that?"

Kitty trails off, "I'm not sure it was a question... "

BoltIsPogchamp has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Well, it means an anonymous person wanted to raise it that they see it as an issue."

Kinaed says, "I don't know if that translates to being an issue, but this is an open forum."

Gnomely sneezes loudly.

Temi says, "Yeah, if you have to go, please let people know if you absolutely can.  And if you just aren't enjoying the scene, leave ICly, don't just drop."

Moartex says OOCly, "I don't think I've idled out of a scene, but I've definitely been standing somewhere alone for maybe half an hour and had to get up and do something only to come back and saw someone had passed through in the ten minutes I was gone."

Zara confesses to terrible internet the past few days due to bad weather. Flickering has been bad but I get back on as soon as I can and resue my scenes.

Temi says, "Staff have a standing request to let us know if you're seeing patterns of it with someone and we need to talk to them."

Cat states, "I saw that happen around. sometimes it would be nice to have an IC explanation to why the character left/fainted in the middle of our scene."

Moartex states, "Which is an off, obviously."

Kinaed states, "Certainly in the past we have had at least one person who was so bad about dropping link in RP, then logging in an alt to RP with someone else, that we asked them to leave."

Moartex states, "Oof, rather."

Raspberries asks, "The last time that was a problem, didn't it turn out to be the same guy over many characters and accounts?"

Kinaed says, "But that was so, so bad that it was like no one could scene with them. Occasional drop outs and whatnot are the nature of a game like us."

Hawali claims, "I tend to just... avoid folks who do that more than a couple times."

Temi says, "Not the last time, but the time we banned someone."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Tasker says, "... that was an insane incident."
Kinaed questions to Temi, "Wasn't that years ago?"

Anonymous drops the Stealth Overhaul spec.

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Hawali says, "I mean, people who do that and flat out ignore that it happened."

Rey claims, "I don't think anyone has an issue with people dropping out or having bad internet."

Kinaed nods at Hawali.

Sparkles states, "I think it's the ignoring it that makes it the most awkward."

Kinaed states, "It's hard when they have a new alt every other day though."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kitty says, "It become an issue when people use it as a way of avoiding RP, etc. No one is going to blame you for having bad internet."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Sparkles says, "Particularly if the scene in question was a bit tense/important/meaty etc."

Wight has left the game.

Raspberries claims, "I had it happen during a ST"

Gnomely claims, "I've had it happen in just normal tavern RP."

Kinaed says, "It has to be pretty blatant and offensive for staff to be told about it. Most people accept that internet games are subject to things like power outages or your mom showing up and wanting you to do the laundry. THat's life"

Raspberries shoulda thrown him into a bear.

Gnomely claims, "I've also had someone notify me, then not try to contact me ICly."

Kinaed comforts Gnomely.

Kitty claims, "That's rather frequent. I have it happen all the time."

Kinaed states, "That could be anything on their part though - like a sudden phone call."

Gnomely nods.

Kitty claims, "I think it's an intention to contact, and then something else comes up."

Hawali claims, "Yeah, people drop out all time, and pop back in with an apology. That's not the issue."

Marcus claims, "Now that tells are back, I think that should be easier."

Kinaed says, "So I'd say... for the most part, please assume good intention in your RP partners. It'll save you a lot of agnony and grief."

Zara states, "Better to be honest though and let people know why I think."

Deedee nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Zara.

Zara claims, "I try anyway."

Moartex has been transferred out by Kinaed.  [OOC]

Kinaed states, "Okay, we've hit the top of the hour - and we have one more topic."

Kinaed questions, "Do we want to break up, or is everyone okay for one more?"

Zara states, "Like I was bouncing awful this morning. But I finished my scene anyway. I'm very glad I did."

Kinaed smiles at Zara.

Gnomely claims, "I'm good for one more topic"

Hawali says, "I'm here staying."

Kinaed says, "I always try to finish, even if it's an OOC "I'm so sorry, I have to go""

Kitty can stay.

Kinaed says, "Okay, if anyone wants a trans back, please let staff know."

Rey claims, "Or send a pboard."
Kinaed questions to Anonymous, "You had a final topic for us? :)"

Wight wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Anonymous declares, "We already discussed it, I was gonna bring up the staff plots and how they've been frequent and... intense of late. So nothing to discuss!"

Kinaed declaims, "Oh, okay!"

Kinaed states, "Anticlimactic :)"

Anonymous says, "Blame tasker."

Anonymous states, "Its obviously his fault."

Kinaed exclaims, "Thank you for attending everyone!"

Anonymous peers.

Raspberries waves.

Temi pontificates, "Okay, we have some newts to wrap up!"

Wight exclaims, "Thank you! even though I left partway through *grin*"

Deedee exclaims, "Yay!"

Kinaed says, "We really appreciate your time in coming to these events to tell us what's on your mind nad help us improve the game."

Zara waves.

Kinaed exclaims, "Have a great week, and we'll see you next week!"

RainbowQuartz declares, "Yes! Let's burn these kids! I mean... save! SAVE these kids!"

Kinaed says, "Retrans in 3.."

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

• Information