Log of OOC Meeting: 2021-03-20

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:33 pm

Temi says, "Okay, so out agenda for today: 1) Staff updates, 2) Player heartbeat, 3) player topics."

Temi questions, "Before we get on with stuff, anyone want topics they want to get onto the list?"

Rey claims, "I have a topic"

Temi nods at Rey.

Temi wonders, "Got you. Anybody else?"

Random says, "I have a topic"

Temi nods at Random.

Temi states, "Alright. Getting started then! I'll go first, since I'm already talking."

Temi has created a group of orphan children clamoring for extra lessons!

Temi drops a group of orphan children clamoring for extra lessons.

A male voice claims, "That is very ominous "

Temi claims, "New skill mini-quest created, for teaching this week."

Hawali says, "Can someone tell the reeves I found the missing children."

Random says, "Oh, that's great. Teaching is really hard to pool normally and can't be taught"

Hawali states, "That's super awesome, Temi."

Temi says, "And the new craft for the week is a flavored tea recipe."

PrettyPink wonders, "Oooh new tea?"

Temi nods at PrettyPink.

Temi says, "I lumped some suggestions into one, for people to have more freeform fun with. Can be flowers or fruits or spices."

Rey selects a story from the schoolhouse's books and sits down in front of the group of children.

Lifting up the book so that the children can see it, Rey begins to read aloud.

A little orphan interrupts Rey to ask a question about the story, and Rey does his best to answer it.

Rey continues his reading, watching the orphans for signs of boredom and trying to engage them when he sees it.

Rey finishes up the story and dismisses the class of orphans, who runs off to play. [Success]

Temi claims, "In addition, some of you may have noticed the plot going on, which is the March plot of the month. This time, it's missing children."

Temi states, "Hopefully people are having fun with it! I've seen some good progress being made and hope to hear more from people in plots."

Hawali states, "We have, and it rocks. It's absolutely terrifying."

Temi says, "Remember, if there's a staff sponsored header plot, you can change the type of your plot to staff sponsored, and the plot is free to create. No QP or guild points."

PrettyPink asks, "It's really cool! Are we planning on doing monthly events like this? I've noticed player engagement go WAY up"

Temi states, "We do have staffers scheduled to do monthly plots"

Anonymous states, "I AM SUMMONED"

A male voice claims, "LEAVE"

Anonymous claims, "WHY"

Temi says, "January was Kinaed's tomb plot. Viridis has been doing something quieter for February."

Kitty claims to Anonymous, "You are a goober."

Anonymous states, "I do not dispute this."

Temi states, "And Ghed has some plans in the works for April."

Eos says, "We might not be able to fill out every month, though. But yes, there will be more monthly plots."

Temi nods at Eos.

Eos states, "Salem and me have May and I will also run a plot on my own, but I don't know when yet."

Kitty states to Tasker, "You are, also, a goober."

Tasker claims, "Prove it"

Anonymous claims, "No proof is necessary"

Tasker declaims, "Awesome work on the plots! "

Temi wonders to Eos, "Want to give your update then?"

Eos nods.

Eos states, "Not much on my side. IRL should clear up end of this coming week. I've handled recommends and some requests and was on standby for Temis plot."

Temi nods in agreement.

Temi claims, "Feel free to ask Eos if you need someone to puppet a newt. She's been jealous."

Temi grins.

Eos says, "I have been jealous indeed."

Salem says, "I started reading into the butchering code to try and get betterdrop rates for that. And I was doing more refactoring."

Anonymous says, "Hey"

Jiraiya consigns a piece of mail to the flame.

Anonymous says, "I didn't get a newt"

Jiraiya waves

Anonymous says, "Eos is holding out on"

Anonymous states, "Okay good"

Temi pontificates to Salem, "Ah, thanks! I know people have been eager to see an improvement on the butchering results. It seems like it should work!"

Eos states, "Was newt my intention to leave you out."

Eos says, "Yes, thank you for working on the butchering code."

Temi queries, "Alright then. Player heartbeat! How's RP been for folks this week?"

Jiraiya states to Temi, "I havent had time for any sadly. sorry"

Tasker states, "Good! Think I'm finally back into the swing of things. "

Gnomey says, "A bit slow for me in some places (I've been busy this week), but overall pretty alright."

Temi declares to Jiraiya, "Ohno! That's always sad"

BoltIsPogchamp states, "Took a well needed break. Returning but it's been difficult."

Kirale claims, "I've been to busy with RL to do more than show up a few times this week."

Temi questions to Gnomey, "Slow due to RL, not game issues then?"

PrettyPink claims, "I've been sliding into RP with this character but it's hard meeting GLs with my low availability"

Gnomey nods at Temi.

Wimpled states, "Had a bit of time to play this week, nice to see folks. "

Temi nods at Gnomey.

Rey states, "I've had a lot of fun. Lots of cool scenes and staff and players have been very helpful when I had questions."

Random claims, "Work was busting me, but I tried to keep up with GL needs the best I could."

Temi muses to PrettyPink, "Have you tried scheduling something on the personal board?"

Cat says, "I had a bunch of good rp. Looking for our lizard friends."

Anonymous states, "I have had more serious scenes than 'fun' ones lately. Which is both good and bad I suppose."

Errisar claims, "I'm just now making connections with this new character. I had some really good scenes and allot of downtime."

PrettyPink states, "I just did earlier today so hopefully that pans out later tomorrow."

Anonymous claims, "Mostly just annoying everyone to stay relevant. lol."

Temi exclaims to PrettyPink, "Hope that helps!"

Yara states, "Have not had much time for RP, but the RP I had has been stellar."

Temi claims, "Sounds pretty positive in general, except for real life, which we can't fix, sadly."

Temi muses to Salem, "No code fixes for real life in that refactor, right?"

PrettyPink says, "Haha I wish you could code away RL"

Temi claims, "Anything bothering anyone that staff ought to know about? Besides topics you already have on the list."

Deedee states, "I've been away more than I'd like- starting a new job so a bit pre-occupied. I'll post a genboard to let people know to pboard to schedule scenes if they need anything from Delana"

Kitty says, "Speaking as a GL, some weeks are barren as far as scheduled scenes, and some weeks we are so flooded with requests that it feels like every second of our time is scheduled. So, be a little patient with the GLs, depending on what they may be facing in game that may or may not be public."

Temi nods at Kitty.

Temi says, "Feast or famine, oftentimes, yeah."

Jiraiya muses to Temi, "It bothers me that my skip the dishes driver forgot my drinks. does that count?"

Temi says to Jiraiya, "If I see him, I'll turn him into a newt."

Jiraiya nods sagely and says, "Good."

Anonymous exclaims, "Omg we have the culpret!"

Anonymous pontificates, "Get the rope!"

Random states, "Speaking as a GL as well - if it's not something that mandates a scene, it's fine to seek guidance on what to do via mail. Just because we can't see you in person doesn't mean we can't shoot off a letter if you're blocked."

Temi nods in agreement with Random.

Temi states, "Sometimes it's nice to have scenes, but a lot of the time, it's more important to know how to make progress"

Random nods.

PrettyPink says, "Oh yes, of course, and my schedule isn't the best either, but it's still a bit lame to be stuck cooling my heels while every merchant in existence but the GLs engage me about my seeking"

PrettyPink claims, "I've met the entire guild by now I think, except the two leaders XD Maybe they should sit in taverns more often"

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Unfortunately I think they are often on the inundated side as far as GLs go."

Jiraiya states, "Plus they are crafting everything"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "I know one of them has exams rn but should be more available soon if that helps. However you can also send staff a request board to just app in into the guild."

Random asks, "If a player has enough sponsors, can't they be inducted remotely?"

PrettyPink states, "Yeah, but the merchants want to make sure you know how to tool etc, this isn't my first rodeo with them, so they are picky"

Temi says, "We do have an option to just buy into the guild with rpxp now, for new players."

Temi claims, "Well, new characters. Don't have to be a new player."

Random states, "Eh. That's their perogative I guess."

Temi claims, "But yeah, hopefully scheduling helps sort that out."

Temi questions, "Alright. Anything else anyone wants to mention before we switch into topics?"

PrettyPink says, "I do love all the people that show up to public places they see on where. Very nice and engaging scenes really crop up from it"

Temi nods in agreement with PrettyPink.

Temi claims to PrettyPink, "Me too! I love seeing that."

Cat says, "I mean... join the reeves. We have stable pay and take anyone."

Tasker says, "I'm in"

Anonymous states, "No taskers allowed"

Random claims, "Join the thieves. We have unstable pay but are very attractive."

Tasker states, "DRAT"

PrettyPink says, "The thieves are actually my fallback plan"

PrettyPink winks

Anonymous says, "Probably shouldn't say that out loud lol"

Temi states, "Alright! Player topics, then."

Cat claims, "Please Guys. I can't fight you all at once."

Temi queries to Rey, "Rey, you had something?"

PrettyPink claims, "A joke, obviously mon ami"

Rey states, "I noticed when we log on it automatically puts RP on showing us on where. I was wondering if something can be put in place that RP is automatically off, so where doesn't show where someone is as soon as they log on. "

Kirale also wonders that.

Errisar nods.

Sparkles claims, "Hmm, I'm torn on this. Because we can have entire days where it seems no one will turn Where on."

Temi says, "I believe that's actually by design, so that people tend towards getting on whererp again, and it has to be a conscious choice to stay whererp off."

Rey states, "I just don't want people knowing where I live randomnly."

Eos nods.

Errisar claims, "My last char would get into some places that could be very bad for me if someone saw where I was, like bbq bad."

Gnomey says, "Maybe default it as on, but add a config? I usually just set up a trigger."

Eos states, "Homes can be set to private rp for free."

Temi nods in agreement with Eos.

Sparkles claims, "You can request phome rooms be made private."

Eos claims, "Which means they will not show up on whererp."

Anonymous says, "You can designate rooms in your house as private rp an you won't show up on where"

Wimpled wonders, "Pay to make your house private then?"

Anonymous claims, "It does mean that messengers can't get in there either though"

PrettyPink says, "Don't log out in 'An Obvious Mage Sanctum' then and you're all set"

Random states, "For what it's worth, room names are pretty useless for finding where people are if it's not a near-Crossroads location, unlocked, and public"

Wimpled says, "Or don't pay, just request it."

Temi claims, "Yeah, we can definitely set it so that your private home doesn't show up."

Eos says, "It's free to make your home private."

Rey says, "I thought if you had private RP for your home you can't get messengers"

Anonymous says, "Just for that, I'm gonna make a room called 'An Obvious Mage Sanctum'"

Errisar states, "The only time I've been woried about it is when I have had to log off and back in somewhere super sus."

Anonymous claims, "And the only thing inside... will be a meat pie."

Gnomey says, "With whipped cream on top, because only a Mage would be inclined to such madness."

Temi says, "If you have multiple rooms, you might leave the first one visible for people to come visit you, but log out in the bedroom that should be private."

Eos says, "I don't know why you shouldn't be able to receive messengers in a private RP room. I might test it but I really don't remember that happening to me."

Sparkles says, "It's true, you can't."

Kirale claims, "Now I know that meat pie + whipped cream = pyre time."

Deedee says, "Messengers indeed can't find you if you're in a private rp room"

Eos claims, "Huh."

PrettyPink states, "It was implemented I believe due to some, uh, bedroom issues I think"

Eos claims, "Apologies, then."

Jiraiya nods to pink.

Gnomey muses, "Here's a question: If Messengers need to be received... why would someone receive them during bedroom RP?"

Deedee claims, "Because they're staring."

Sparkles claims, "I think a lot of people just idle in their bedrooms by default."

Tasker states, "Locked doors are no obstacles for messengers, messengers are the most powerful beings on all of TI."

Gnomey questions, "Is there an echo for the staring?"

PrettyPink claims, "Regardless of if you receive them, you still get the popup of them seeking you out lol"

Gnomey says, "Maybe just remove the echo."

Radiune claims, "I like to envision someone having a spooky mage coven meeting in a dank basement, and the messenger just shows up in the room and is like, 'Yo, Lord Whatshisname wants to buy you a drink.', and they're just like, 'what'"

Sparkles states, "You joke, but I've seen it happen."

Gnomey asks, "Or make the echo less annoying, lower a timer for it?"

PrettyPink states, "But also it makes sense for various 'private' places across the grid also marked private"

Random claims, "Until you put on a hood. Then messengers become unble to see you"

PrettyPink queries, "Like random hidey holes or places in the sewers... like, HI messenger, how'd you find me here? Care to see the pyre?"

Gnomey states, "Or increase the timer. I dunno, just spitballing."

Rey says, "Uh, that went down an interesting route. It was more I usually log off at home so wanted to make sure unless I told a person where I live they couldn't just find it by me logging in."

Temi claims, "Yeah, ways to encourage people to not just hide when they want to be involved."

Deedee claims, "For the underlaying concern- you can just add 'rp' to your login commands in your client"

Anonymous says, "I was once able to send a messenger to a fugitive that everyone was hunting. They really are good at tracking people down."

Sparkles states, "Increasing the timer will just make finding RP take longer."

PrettyPink claims, "People won't know where your house is regardless of if they know the name just from whereRP"

Gnomey states, "No, I mean for the echo of the messengers creepily staring."

PrettyPink says, "You can't travel to it if there's a locked door or its more than 15 rooms again"

Temi muses, "Any more comments on this before we move onto the next topic?"

Radiune claims, "Actually, something that occurred to me is that astral RP doesn't count as activity even though it awards RPXP, but I suppose that'd be another topic."

PrettyPink says, "Unless your house literally has the street name in it, in which case, you can request to change the name of the room to be ambiguous"

PrettyPink says, "But guessing which room belongs to whose house based on who and whereRP is actually against policy"

Jiraiya claims, "Radiune is that still not fixed"

Temi says to Radiune, "I think that's due to the way it's done, but not the desired behavior. May just be a tricky fix"

Temi states to PrettyPink, "Yeah, that would be metagamey, unless it's one of those obvious places that would be known. Ie, the Samael Manor."

Temi asks of Random, "Okay, Random, you had a topic?"

Random nods.

Random claims, "Basically, I wanted to draw attention to this forum post to solicit discussion: http://forums.ti-legacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2406

The long short of it for people who can't click through is: two of the 'big-name' Brotherhood Guild perks tend to see lack of use or aren't useful, mostly related to being dependent on a player economy where passive income, self-sustaining consumable crafting, and mail-order-everything have become the norm."

Random claims, "I know, I know, it's ironic that the Guild that does a bunch of things through mail or pseudo-mail is rarely sought in the mail-order economy."

Jiraiya says, "I wonder if the fence could be accessible to northsiders somewhow"

Anonymous claims, "You'd have to moe it out of southside"

Anonymous says, "Move*"

Anonymous trails off, "Or just... be tough enough to not care about southside mobs"

Random says, "The pawnshop is northside"

PrettyPink claims, "I did see that and agree, but I feel that the majority of reasons it's underutilized is just player habits in my experience"

Anonymous queries, "Is it?"

Deedee states, "I think there was a way to get there"

Anonymous claims, "I always thought it was in southside"

Random says, "Player habits are the main reason, but player habits are caused by design in part."

PrettyPink claims, "A lot of people for some reason REALLY do not want to engage in anything criminal for some reason when low scale crime sohuld be fairly common"

Deedee nods in agreement.

Temi states, "The pawnshop is right on the border, I think it's accessible but feels semi-risky for upper crusts."

Eos states, "I've read over it and I'm a little worried the fence command may be abused to e.g. sell items you just crafted yourself. I've been trying to think of a way to prevent that."

Gnomey queries, "Can't you have more then one fence mob?"

Hawali says, "I have no idea where the pawnshop is."

Sparkles asks, "Does it trigger the warning going there?"

Anonymous says, "It's because: A. they dont want to get caught and smacked down, B. being in prison sucks, C. your in-game reputation is now that of a thief and no one wants anything to do with you"

PrettyPink claims, "I second making the Pawnshop have a secondary location might help"

PrettyPink states, "I also think that jobs are simply underutilized because mail is so much easier, and I think people think they will be found out if they use the jobs listing"

Hawali wonders, "Is the pawnshop on the Roster?"

PrettyPink says, "It's Abel's Pawn Shop or whatever on the roster"

Anonymous states, "Friendly Abel"

Hawali states, "Nod. Thanks."

BoltIsPogchamp wonders, "Y'all way too worried about the Reeves spending their time on... i dont know. Ambushing you on your way to the pawn shop?"

Random claims to Eos, "If returns are fixed, it could be rigged as a net loss to fence things you craft yourself"

Rey states, "On the roster it says the pawn shop is Southside"

Errisar states, "When I had a thief early last year, we really struggled for finances. There was a tacit agreement between those I played with that allot of the crime was not worth the risk. We even aborted a bank job because of it."

Temi states, "I do think the main issues with some of these things not being used are cultural, and we have tried to encourage it. Jobs are much less tied to criminal activity than they used to be."

Anonymous states, "Usually it's more of a 'kick your door down' situation but generally yes people don't like to be ambushed."

Rey claims, "That's why I never went."

PrettyPink asks, "RE: Jobs I think it's because most things that the thieves can do aren't really that appealing to the general player base as they stand right now? They don't have a lot of things you WANT"

Eos says, "But in that case wouldn't the money you get for selling things be so low that fencing isnt worth it? I can't think of a secure, not-abusable way to check if an item is stolen."

Anonymous claims, "I can confidently say that there's only one item I might want that a thief/brotherhood could provide, but I don't want it enough to take the risk of association."

Gnomey says, "Maybe we need more things to fence, this is very true."

Jiraiya states, "My advice as a player of a reeve - just because you know oocly that abel's is a fence, doesn't mean you know it ic. play and be dumb"

Temi nods in agreement with Jiraiya.

Random says, "I wish it were that easy, but people don't want to lose their characters."

Gnomey states, "Things people can't make, and can only like find. Moar dungeon crawlz plz."

PrettyPink claims, "Most players don't engage with gambling or addictions even when they are thematic, and people don't typically call for even nonlethal hits on people because the retaliation would be severe"

Gnomey grins.

Jiraiya states, "You wont lose a character for possession of stolen goods"

Sparkles says, "Also maybe there should be ways to sell drugs or do gambling with NPCs or like, maybe a focus on vice and not just stealing as a main focus."

Anonymous states, "You'd probably sit in jail for a while and maybe get some lashes."

Gnomey claims, "It should defintely be more encouraged to do drugs, especially if you're rich, or low class. Drugs are fun."

Temi states, "Taking that leap can definitely create interesting RP, and I don't think that the worst case scenario really ever actually manifests, so it's more based on impressions than actuality."

Jiraiya states, "Just a fine would be my view. jail is crappy from an ooc standpoint"

BoltIsPogchamp states, "I think the queens law only fines you for first time offenses of association with the bcg. "

Sparkles states, "But I think at times the perceptions on why people don't do things isn't why people don't do things."

Temi claims, "Staff do encourage use of non-jail and non-lethal means of punishment."

Cat says, "It depends on the reeve, but unknowingly buying stolen goods is maybe a fine or you just needing to return the item to the rightful owner."

PrettyPink says, "Also, hot take, just because you have something stolen doesn't mean you didn't legally obtain it"

Gnomey claims, "The helpfile might need some updating too, Temi, to imply that while it's common for rich folk to get drugs. Freeman and less can also obtain them through certain means. The helpfile, as it stands, implies it's strictly a noble or rich person thing."

Random finishes abruptly, "Butyeah, hearing things like - 'bcg doesn't offer anything worth the risk of association to me' - are the statements I worry about, especially when there will be another covert guild able to offer much more powerful services"

Gnomey claims, "At least for Tabac, specifically."

Temi states to Gnomey, "Feel free to post a typo note with that, pointing at the part of which helpfile is problematic? We can see if we can improve it."

Deedee claims, "There's other lower-class smokables"

Temi states, "I do think having different statuses of drugs is valuable, though."

Anonymous claims, "Honestly? BCG never struck me as a guild to 'offer services' to people. IT always struck me more as a 'we're going to take your stuff and send you a funny letter about it later to tease you OR send you a mean letter saying we want you dead' type guild.."

Sparkles says, "That entirely depends on how they play it. There are things available Southside and sometimes for cheaper than Northside."

Deedee claims, "It depends on the GLs"

Kitty states, "There have been times when that perception has been put out there."

Gnomey states, "That's probably because the years haven't been kind, either."

Anonymous claims, "I wouldn't see the BCG providing services to anyone but themselves and maybe other downtrodden poor freemen. But then... having never played a BCG character, my viewpoint is probably skewed."

Random claims, "Yeah, and that's how it used to be designed. We are also now in the post-assets, post-influence era of TI"

PrettyPink queries, "Possible suggestion: give the BCG access to items you can only get with certain metrics?"

Errisar claims, "As a former BCG player, I can say that there are things they have access to that most people just don't know about, especially on the higher side of herbalism."

PrettyPink states, "That way if the metrics don't match, the BCG could still get you it, and it's obviously stolen stuff"

Random states, "Guilds can't be useful or powerful if they don't try and acquire support and have at least a couple of allies"

Temi says, "There's definitely services the Brotherhood can offer."

PrettyPink asks, "But that gives people more of a reason to interact?"

Kitty says, "The BCG ought to be someone that Southsiders, specifically, can depend on. There have been times in the past when that has been... altered, but in general, I think that is how it was intended."

Errisar claims, "It might be good for people to get creative about asking for anything illegal by going through them first."

Sparkles claims, "Also a specific incident with one person in a Guild once doesn't neccessarily mean that's what the Guild is about."

Rey says, "But that doesn't make sense. Any illegal organization's main focus is to make money. So you would definitely want clients."

Eos finishes her note.

Anonymous claims, "But then the question becomes: do people WANT illegal items? by and large... not really. Because when we talk about illegal we mean either drugs (that people don't really use) or magic stuff (that the BCG thematically wouldn't touch)"

Radiune says, "I always thought of BCG as a sort of crime family/mafia type deal. They do a lot of things, ranging from small scale acts, pickpockets, etc all the way up to premeditated murder/assassination; I also kind of saw them as this sort of protective organization for freemen in the south though too. Kind of a mix of both concepts."

BoltIsPogchamp coughs.

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Drugs are very much used"

Random nods.

Temi nods in agreement with Radiune.

Random states, "Well, the thing about drugs is"

Random claims, "Most of the low level recreational ones you can grow in house."

BoltIsPogchamp states, "I can personally attest to that"

Rey states, "Yup. It's used."

Cat states, "I mean... who says we aren't using drugs. XD"

Temi states, "No reason that the Brotherhood can't be multi-faceted, and that definitely adds more RP potential to them."

Wimpled says, "I think some of this is a a 'make it and they will come' sort of situation. People don't use drugs, but there's not really a hot spot selling drugs/good times to attract people to - even if in the South Side, folks that normally can't go that way can get down there. "

Hawali states, "Just because you aren't aware of drug deals happening around town, don't mean they aren't happening around town. Coughcough."

PrettyPink claims, "I mean things that might be desirable to people--like Vavardi Silk or rare things that only show during certain metrics, that they can then sell to interested parties. If they were able to get access to those somehow without having to first steal it from a player--could steal it from an NPC somewhere else instead"

Wimpled says, "Gambling racket/dance hall/etc are definitely an avenue. "

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Oh i like that idea"

Random states, "It's not no one is using drugs, but BCG doesn't really have an exciting monopoly on any drug supplies except one"

Random claims, "The same way, say, you need a Merchant for Silk or a Physician to get treated"

Tasker says, "And that drug is Love"

Deedee nods.

Wimpled claims, "Thing is, you don"

Sparkles claims, "You don't need a monopoly on something to profit from it."

Deedee states, "Herbalism used to be a guild skill for physicians and thieves, since that's been opened to all it kind of hurt the thieves for that"

Radiune asks, "Where, oh where, are the debauched priests?"

Errisar claims, "Yup yup. The BCG are also excellent for northsiders to consider hiring them against their foes. Freemen and Southsiders should be seen as pawns in political intrigues, even if the Southsiderrs would have their own reasons (money and blackmail!) for playing along."

Wimpled claims, "Thing is, you don't really need a physician to get treated - that's a skill some folks have."

Temi claims, "We probably could add some restocks for valuable things for low lawfulness, besides just like... poison stuff."

Gnomey says, "You just need good product."

Random claims, "Yes, but everyone has Herbalism. Everyone grows everything inhouse. That's kind of the issue I'm trying to illustrate"

Temi states, "When we opened up herbalism, we did talk to the Brotherhood about that, and they didn't want to own poisons in a guildskill, because then they felt that having them was more risky."

Anonymous says, "It's more getting the seeds that'st he limiting thing."

BoltIsPogchamp states, "Make herbalism a brotherhood and physicians guild skill"

Anonymous trails off, "But once you get em..."

Sparkles says, "Honestly, it sounds like a lot of like self-defeat before things are tried."

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Aah. nevermind"

BoltIsPogchamp grins.

Random states, "I've tried."

Anonymous questions, "Okay I have to go, could someone trans me out?"

Random says, "And I don't.. really appreciate the insinuation that I haven't."

Jiraiya states, "I sympathize Random."

Rey states, "From what I get BCG can be used for thefts, drugs (both recreational and to prevent conception), assasination, kidnappings, etc."

Jiraiya claims, "Manus had the same problem. The risk/reward curve is tough when you can spend literally thousands of hours building your character"

PrettyPink claims, "From experience it is very easy to get Herbalism in an Adept slot and be more or less self-sufficient"

Jiraiya claims, "Kidnappings are a good idea"

Eos states, "I put the forum post on the staff board to discuss, Random"

PrettyPink states, "From the thief's perspective though, Kidnapping is VERY HARD to actually achieve"

Deedee states, "Very hard."

Random claims, "Thanks Eos."

PrettyPink says, "When I played a thief, there were hardly any others, and people expected a single thief to be able to achieve something that needed 2-4 people"

Random states, "Yeah unless you want someone to lockpick something there's no reason to associate with the Thieves"

Radiune wonders, "Speaking of Manus, I'm curious about the new spooky witchy guild; not quite sure where to discuss but I haven't been able to seek it yet. Is it open?"

Random claims, "The Guildskills are generally acknowledged as in a rough place rn"

Temi says to Radiune, "Viridis said he was just polishing off some last few thigns."

Errisar states, "I have been told in the last few days by a southsider IC that they don't have enough opportunities because it appears like everyone in northside gets along. There are fewer public rifts to take advantage of. Not a criticismmm, just an observation."

Errisar claims, "When I played a thief, this was also what I perceived."

Kitty states, "I think perceptions on that may be skewed. Everyone does not get along. At all."

Deedee states, "On the bugboard features reassessement I made sure to ping all of the things that would help thieves since I know how bad they have it"

Temi nods at Deedee.

Temi claims, "Yeah, we saved stuff from that, and we definitely want to improve their stuff."

Random says, "Yeah we just had our only long-time player liq"

Random states, "It's hard."

Gnomey trails off, "On the topic of this..."

Sparkles states, "Also ... there's literally rumors weekly about how the Northside folks don't get along."

Sparkles claims, "But 'don't mind get along' might be slightly more subtle than 'want to have each other murdered'."

BoltIsPogchamp says, "My char is way too nice to everyone. I should go out and make some enemies."

BoltIsPogchamp muses, "Any volunteers?"

Gnomey states, "I should point out that, there are some things that plotboards could potentially help in this. If we could use an alias name as the poster, rather then posting our character names automagically."

Random states, "I'm trying to help the newer players as much as I can, but there's only so much I can do when we're usually broke, we have weak Influence ratings due to class malus, and most of the game avoids us"

Hawali begins to count their money.

Jiraiya states, "Random - let me just say while I have no idea who you play I really appreciate your work. <3"

Jiraiya begins to count their money.

Deedee says, "Plots don't have to be shared with others if you want to keep it covert"

Gnomey wonders, "True, but how do you include your guild if you don't want to reveal your identity?"

Temi claims, "Yeah, plots you can decide who to share with."

Sparkles claims, "Honestly not being able to include people in plots in any way convertly is kind of a long-standing issue for all kinds of people."

Cat claims, "I can rp with you guys. I can send an invite to make sure you don't have any risks. I would love for the Bcg to do things. That would be great."

Errisar says, "Random, when I was a thief I think we had less than 3K in the bank. No roberies, and very little action."

Random nods.

Sparkles says, "I'd love if you could include people in plots via like mail courier alias."

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Yes please do cat thatd be rad."

Gnomey claims, "Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You can't include people in Covert ranks without knowing their player name."

Hawali claims, "Indeed. It is exciting to see some fresh energy pumping into the BCG. I'll be pondering what I can do to give support in... whatever fashion that OOCly/ICly turns out to be."

Deedee says, "They don't need to be shared to the plot to be involved in it"

Radiune claims, "Seconded on Sparkles' point. I think that'd be really useful."

Random states, "I mean, if the game code makes us into The Brotherhood of Random Violent Combat Muggings, that's fine, but I want people in and outside to feel like they have variety of choice"

Deedee nods.

Jiraiya claims, "You can kidnap goods by the way. I once paid 2.5k in ransom for shit from a robbery."

Sparkles states, "No but it makes it a lot easier, I can't say how often not being able to include someone in a plot means a lot of IC time is spent basically needing to explain something is 'real' because someone can't be included in the plot for reasons."

Radiune states, "I want to join the Brotherhood of Mysteriously Placed Portraiture. Secret door enthusiast club."

Gnomey grins.

Deedee states, "True."

Random says, "We have room for you, especially if the portraits are intimidating and you share the secret doors with us."

Temi states, "I do think that having more trust and family RP of the brotherhood can be something beneficial for them, as far as RP, rather than keeping themselves secret from each other, but we do understand there's risks involved with that too"

Deedee asks, "It's past the hour, was this the last topic?"

Temi nods.

Random nods at Temi.

Temi questions, "Yeah, we ought to wrap up. Any last things to add? Was there an event today?"

Random claims to Temi, "I am working on an internal approach to this as well, but it will partly be up to what the pbase of our Guild is interested and comfortable with"

Eos finishes her note.

Jiraiya claims, "Just that I think the brotherhood issues are significant, apply to many types of villains, and are worth thinking about"

Kitty claims, "Magebane, I think."

Eos says, "Put the covert plot participants thing into the bugboard"

PrettyPink claims, "As an aside though, when I was a thief, it was just after some griefy players running wild and stealing past policy, so there's definitely a sweet spot"

Jiraiya nods to pink.

Random nods.

Jiraiya states, "Those are the ones that got my 2.5k lol"

Sparkles claims, "Magebane Party after the OOC! Will send out invites etc after things are set up. Will look forward to seeing everyone."

Temi exclaims, "Okay, Magebane party, great!"

PrettyPink cheers for magebane

Kirale states, "Thanks for setting that up, Sparkles."

Temi declares, "Alright. Let's return folks now. More discussion to come, I'm sure!"

• Information