Log of OOC Meeting: 2021-03-13

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Temi muses, "Alright, our agenda for today is 1) staff updates, 2) player heartbeat, and 3) player topics. Would anyone like to put any discussion topics on the list at this point?"

Temi says, "We were just asking if anyone had any agenda topics"

Nylessa says, "I've one, nothing to big, just has to do with hunting wild animals"

Temi nods at Nylessa.

Violet claims, "I've got a quick ask myself"

Temi queries, "Okay, got you both down. Anyone else at this point?"

Eos says, "If it's the fact that they don't drop enough valuables, we know that already we just haven't gotten to fixing it yet, since it's a code task :)"

Temi states, "Okay, if you think of anything, please feel free to let me know, and I'll put you down on the agenda. For now though, staff updates."

Deedee queries to Eos, "As in skin and butcher?"

Eos nods.

Nylessa claims, "Gotcha, thats the one. Ive been finding .. feet, not meat. :D"

Deedee states, "Maybe we should add some feet cooking recipes in the meanwhile. :)"

Eos declares, "We're aware and it's on the agenda, it might just take a while to get to it. Sorry, everyone!"

Alturas trails off, "Pickled rat feet... Yum"

Temi states, "I'll go ahead and start. I have continued to work on filling out the mini skill quests, and added this week a swimming quest, visible with the lovely little glint here."

Temi points at a glint of silver reflecting from the bottom of the lake.

Anonymous gags a little

Wirt grins at Alturas.

Violet claims, "Yay! Thank you, Temi. This is exciting"

Sparkles claims, "Very nice."

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Looking forward to the quests"

Temi says, "Other than that, trying to keep up on plots and such, and the new recipes added for this week are a set of coffins to woodworking: common and fine wood, plain and decorated."

Anonymous says, "Swimming is hard."
Anonymous appears to be inept at swim.

Hawali states, "Coffins. Sweeet."

Wirt muses, "Can I sleep in a coffin?"
Temi grins at Anonymous.

Deedee claims, "Nice"

Errisar wonders, "Is there somewhere where we can read about these quests?"

Alturas claims, "I've been afraid of water in TI since I started."

Deedee claims, "The existing recipes sometimes didn't fit the bodies"

Temi says to Wirt, "Probably not as such, since it's a container rather than a furniture."

Wirt nods.

Temi says, "I'll double check to make sure they do fit, but they are sized such that they should."

Deedee states, "Body sizes can vary a lot"

Violet declaims, "If you ask a Merchant, they may be able to make you a lovely coffin-themed sofa, however!"

Deedee states, "Roll an obese Farin and see if it works"

Anonymous wonders, "Are obese Farins even possible?"

Temi claims, "So, the idea behind the mini skill quests are that eventually, when folks are hanging out in public with nobody around, to reward them for being available, we'll load up a little quest somewhere on grid and give them a message about it."

Rey pontificates, "That sounds fun!"

Deedee says, "Sounds neat"

Temi states, "Like... I heard about a glint of silver reflecting from the bottom of the lake, up at Lake Harmon. Or I heard about a plum house left unattended on Lavender Lane."

Anonymous claims, "THAT'S ILLEGAL"

Anonymous states, "Oh wait wrong game"

Hawali says, "I don't know nuthin' about no plum houses, Mr. Reeve."

BoltIsPogchamp pontificates, "Welcome!"

Kitty states to Temi, "Thank you."

Temi states, "They are made on the crafting system, and will gain you a bit of skill, and maybe some other little rewards."

Ionica holds a small wooden crocodile toy affixed with a wide hinged jaw in her hand.

Deedee asks, "Anything about unbroken egg shells that might be a nice boat?"

Temi grins at Deedee.

Temi states, "No comment. But much of the Erra Pater is true."

Hawali states, "I don't know nothin' about no egg shell boats, Mister Inquisitor."

Anonymous claims, "^"

Temi states, "I haven't filled out skills into magical ones yet, but we're intending to hit all or most skills at some point, hopefully with multiple options, before we get the loader that does it."

Temi exclaims, "So far, I've been testing by loading them with the restock system, so only once a week, with no report when they go in. But keep an eye out!"

Deedee claims, "Sounds like fun. :)"

Temi says, "But continuing on! Ghed wasn't able to make it today, but said to let you guys know he's been hard at work on people's houses."

Anonymous anxiously awaits the Sword miniquest.

Alturas gets a thick book labeled 'Erra Pater' from a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Temi questions, "Alright... Eos?"

Eos claims, "Helped with some sewer RPA and other RPA, made a snowman recipe and wrote a how to recipe guide for staff, helped with some requests. IRL Schedule still rather busy and keeping me from coding, it should clear up in two weeks, though."

Temi nods.

Temi questions, "Snow should be due in a month or two, and this year, I want to add restocks to load the snowbanks every winter, so if I don't remember, can someone please remind me?"

Temi states, "Have to give people plenty of chances to make Eos' snowman! And snowballs for snowball fights, of course."

Hawali states, "That's marvelous."

Deedee claims, "Nice"

Deedee claims, "I didn't know restocks could work that way, but makes sense"

Kitty enjoys snow.

Anonymous misses snow.

Deedee claims, "Easier than adding it to the weather code probably"

Temi states, "Can only load every x many weeks, so I need to put them in at the right time."

Salem says, "I did more code things. I convinced a person to join our coding team. He is staff on discord already. His name is Ecconia. I hope we can move some things along with his help."

Deedee states, "Oh I see. I thought there was a seasonal thing for them too"

Temi states, "Nah, not yet, though it would be nice."

Temi pontificates to Salem, "Excellent news!"

Hawali says, "That's awesome. Welcome to Ecconia."

Deedee says, "Glad to see all the development of late. :)"

Eos claims, "He will work on the code only if I got that right, but yes, this should speed up the refactoring and pave the way to implementing new systems."

Temi muses to Salem, "Any specifics to update, or lots of behind the scenes stuff?"

Salem claims, "I wanted to do bug fixes today, but I fell into my refactoring branch and have just been doing that for 5 hours today."

Temi grins.

Temi says, "Well, that sounds like good progress anyways."

Violet says, "Thank you for your hard work, Salem"

Temi muses, "Alright then, player heartbeat! How has RP been this week folks?"

Temi exclaims, "We've been super excited to see all of you around!"

BoltIsPogchamp exclaims, "Very fun :D I love all the new cyans, wonderful, engaged writers. Happy to have you!"

Violet pontificates, "Busy! It's been fun to meet so many new characters"

Deedee states, "Schedules haven't matched up well for me, but I should have some more free time soon. :)"

Sparkles says, "Had some interesting stuff this week. I'm happy to see all the new folks."

Hawali claims, "I've been limited to behind the scenes stuff, but its been enjoyable, and will set up future RP that I am excited about."

Kitty states, "I have been unable to be around as much as I would have liked. But the little scenes I have had have been nice."

Alturas says, "Great! Just started playing again. Looking forward to stirring up a bunch of fun."

Hawali pontificates to Alturas, "Welcome back!"

Sparkles states, "Thanks so much to all the staff who helped out with the event thingie."

Civetta claims, "Finally overcame my PC exploding and two weeks of being banished to a mobile-only connection. Some bumpyness getting plugged back in."

Violet says, "Welcome back :)"

Rey says, "Super fun! Everyone has been very welcoming."

Errisar claims, "Some really good scenes, but I spent most of it recovering from bad animal attacks. It was exhausting because of the time to recover and that I was attacked despite taking significant precautions to do simple exploration around the city, but it was good to have people to play with."

Temi comforts Civetta.

Errisar pontificates, "Also, Temi is the best realtor!"

Deedee states, "Wilderness is always risky. :)"

Alturas trails off, "Animal attacks... Feel ya"

Temi wonders, "I saw something about those attacks and some staff looking into it. Was that on a road?"

Alturas trails off, "I started my fight though..."

Cat states, "I had some good scenes and plan on expanding some conflict."

Errisar claims, "One was on a road, another was on a path. The path was weird because my whole group had cover scent, and the animal just went for me, the last one to enter the room. Eos and the staff were supper supportive though."

Temi nods.

Deedee claims, "Cover scent only reduces the chance I think"

Temi states, "Yeah, probably needs some more digging into. I seem to remember there shouldn't be as many beasties on the roads themselves."

Deedee states, "Similar to the diguise and southside mobs"

Violet states, "Yeah it's not 100 percent effective"

Eos states, "I did look at how the mobs are built and the difference had been that a swampcat is aggressive and a wolf isn't. But I passed it on to other staff members more well versed in hunting."

Violet claims, "But yeah beasties on roads are no fun :("

Temi muses, "Alright, anything else bothering folks that isn't already a topic, that staff ought to know about?"

Deedee says, "Yeah, the roads are supposed to be flagged nowander or something like that- but sometimes animals end up where they shouldn't be"

Deedee says, "Like when they flee, they don't make any checks"

Temi nods at Deedee.

Temi states, "Maybe so"

Temi wonders, "Alright, continuing on to player topics then. Nylessa?"

Deedee trails off, "I chased a deer into someone's house once..."

Temi wonders, "You were mainly concerned about the returns on butchering, I think?"

Nylessa pontificates, "Yeah, it twas covered by eos, no worries!"

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "Okay, yeah. Animals should have all sorts of different products on them, including meats, and they should be returning them, but there's something wrong with the checks where they aren't returning the good stuff at as high of rates as they should be"

Temi wonders, "Alright then, Violet?"

Violet states, "No venison for me :( Sadness"

Violet declaims, "Oh! Yes!"

Violet states, "I wanted to propose that the amenities costs listed on help construction costs could be looked at by staff and potentially adjusted. Particularly the cost of baths, fountains and hearths. If my memory serves, these items were priced before there were recipes to make them through the introduction of the artwork skill. The issue is that with the cost of stone on-grid, these prices are untenable for current crafters.

For example: a common stone bathing pool (recipe 1660) requires 10x blocks of common stone. With on-grid prices, that's 10 x 42= 420 silver via crafting, but the construction cost for a bathing pool on the helpfile is only 250 silver. The other items are similar. This means it is more cost-effective for home owners to request from staff rather than seek out artists."

Deedee trails off, "Stone can be had for free on-grid..."

Violet says, "I just want art to be a more sustainable career path for characters, and feel this may be a good way to support it."

Violet says, "It can, yes"

Temi claims, "Yeah, I don't think that's right. They should be priced so it's cheaper to go with players"

Sparkles says, "Just because something can be found for free doesn't mean that 'Free' should be the cost when calculating it's value."

Violet claims, "But prices for things aren't based on the cheapest way they can possibly be sourced on grids."

Violet says, "Yeah, what Sparkles said"

Temi claims, "Yeah, costs should be calculated based on what it costs to buy the ingredients, not any way to achieve the ingredients at all"

Temi says, "Which, even if they are free, shouldn't actually be free - they might just cost energy instead of silver."

Deedee queries, "Would it be better to lower the cost of the stone, or raise the price of the construction cost for them?"

Deedee states, "I'm a little concerned about when there aren't PC crafters available for them"

Temi says, "Probably raising the construction costs would be simpler. I think they used to be 500, if nothing else"

Temi claims, "But there's probably a number of other recipes that are balanced on the cost of the stones"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "The number of artwork 75 characters is very high, though"

Violet questions, "I think we have a good number of folks with high art skill on-grid, but but regardless: adjusting the construction cost would just put art in line with other skills-- what do we do when there isn't an IC master blacksmith around, for example? "

Violet says, "There's still the option to request from staff, it should just more costly than finding an IC solution"

Temi says, "There should be incentive for people to come in and start those characters, yeah."

Deedee nods.

Errisar says, "Frankly, I'd love to buy from a PC crafter. There are low budget solutions for things like bathing pools (washtubs), so when it's time to buy one, it should be a big investment not to go through a PC crafter."

Temi states, "We don't want staff-supported to be better than a new player trying to get their feet in such an area."

Temi nods.

Anonymous trails off, "If there's no IC master blacksmith... you pray you have QP for the qp shop"

Anonymous states, "Or at least that's what I do"

A male voice claims, "Greetings"

Deedee states, "Second hand market can be good for such as well"

Temi claims, "We were just talking about a topic of staff furniture things like baths maybe being too cheap to compete with players"

Temi asks, "Any other thoughts on that, or any other topics people wanted to discuss? That was the last thing on the list"

Alturas points at the turf wars and asks, "Can I get one of those..."

Deedee nods.

Temi states, "They were previously dropped for people to grab to look at, yeah"

Violet shakes her head. "No more comments from me! But thank you for hearing me out."

Temi states, "Just junk them when you're done with them, though with a warning that they are ideas in progress, not necessarily things that will exist in that form"

Temi says, "But feel free to give feedback if you like something or don't"

Wirt nods.

Alturas trails off, "Turf wars looks amazing..."

Temi asks, "Alright, well, we have 20 minutes left. Would anyone like to discuss anything else, or hang out and play with your crocodiles, or send everyone back early?"

Hawali claims, "I did post a general board notice. Think of me after your next PK. :)"

Alturas claims, "Huh... Written in Tubori or something."

Anonymous states, "PKs make me sad."

Temi says, "Ah, I think there was a mistake in one of those where there was a bracket T that accidentally took up Tubori"

Temi says, "I thought Kin replaced those"

Alturas claims, "PK's make me squeal with joy."

Temi grins.

Hawali states, "And I'll help make you happy again, Anonymous."

Anonymous states, "That will not make me happy."

Temi says, "PKs have their ups and downs, but should hopefully add some excitement to life, if nothing else"

Hawali cackles in Tubori.

Anonymous says, "THAT WILL NOT MAKE ME HAPPY"

Violet trails off, "I will say... as someone whose characters have been murdered several times... they can be incredibly enjoyable"

Violet exclaims, "Emotionally exhausting, but exciting!"

Errisar declares, "I thought I was going to get PK'd in my final scene on my last character, after I had already submited to retire and was just wrapping up extraneous scenes. It was thrilling!"

Hawali states, "I mourn my deaths. But my tears water the next generation of characters."

Anonymous says, "Yeah uh."

Alturas states, "My only regret about my PKs is not allowing them to be drawn out a bit further. It's easy to just want to kill for the sensation of victory."

Anonymous claims, "I have an unpopular opinion"

Anonymous claims, "In that I dont' ever want to be pkd"

Anonymous claims, "Ever"

A male voice states, "TOO BAD"

Anonymous states, "(which is obviously unrealistic)"

Kitty claims, "I'll just agree with the 'ups and downs' part. Interesting to see how your character impacted the grid. Awful if their story is cut short and you lose RP partner connections."

Tasker slowly fades into view.
Tasker moves suddenly, revealing their position.

Anonymous says, "SHUT UP TASKER I DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO YOU"

Errisar agrees with Anonymous. "Getting close to it can be fun though."

Tasker claims, "IT IS I"

Alturas states, "And weapons that have actually killed players are my favorites."

Alturas claims, "Or big bad npcs."

Civetta says, "My only PK was rather... abrupt and anticlimactic, but it was very exciting for a bunch of other people."

Hawali claims, "I do tend to rush headlong toward my own demise more often than not, and there's no choice left to other parties BUT to end me. Derp."

Hawali states, "I promise I'll never do it again."

Temi says, "I do have an anonymous comment requested to be shared: Just a bit of a reminder about I guess tone? Temperment? On the OOC channel? That if people are feeling super negative a break might be a smoother choice."

Temi states, "And to that, I add, help sandwich"

Kitty keeps the OOC channel off, actually...

Hawali says, "I must have missed the negative remarks. ...Unless they were mine, complaining about work."

Temi states, "I didn't see them myself, but can definitely believe they were there."

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Complaining about work is a vital behavior for the adult human"

Temi says, "I think everyone commiserates about work, though."

Cat claims, "I didn't know eat sandwich. Sometimes I'm just hungry go get one without this special meaning."

Temi grins at Cat.

Temi exclaims to Cat, "It's also okay to have a sandwich because they are delicious!"

Deedee muses, "Can we get a help gyro?"

Sparkles claims, "OOC complaints about OOC things are fun. OOC complaints about things that touch on IC feel less fun and can be kind of awkward."

Temi questions to Deedee, "How would that one be different?"

Temi grins.

Civetta states, "Try to keep the crippling depression and pessimism in character. Also the housemate just asked me to order gyros, eerie."

Errisar says, "Now I'm hungry."

Hawali claims, "Civetta, ciabatta. ...You guys are killing me."

Hawali's stomach growls.

Cat trails off, "I'm hungry..."

Deedee questions to Temi, "Gyros are for when you're being a pita, maybe?"

Temi grins at Deedee.

Temi claims, "I think maybe we don't need a passive aggressive way to suggest someone is being a pita."

Anonymous says, "I freely admit that I am a pita"

Temi says, "And uh oh. Maybe we ought to end early before all this hunger culminates in Eos eating something she shouldn't."

Kitty says to Anonymous, "That does not surprise me"

Deedee grins.

Anonymous claims, "I am now hurt."

Errisar declaims, "I believe in you, Anonymous!"

Hawali says, "This is the most RP i've had in weeks. Nice rubbing shoulders with you all."

Anonymous pontificates, "Believe in my ability to annoy others!"

Nylessa claims, "Been a great first week of Rp for me, lotta fun."

Anonymous says, "Oh my god eos"

Alturas trails off, "I wanted a bit..."

Anonymous declaims, "Eos the sword-swallower!"

Nylessa claims, "A high carbon diet huh."

Eos claims, "Mhm. Delicious."

Temi claims, "You don't want to be around on the other end, though."

Salem trails off, "The horros I have seen Eos eat..."

Anonymous says, "I once saw Eos eat a player."

Anonymous states, "I had nightmares for months."

Anonymous says, "THe player refused to tell me where they went when it happened."

Eos claims, "In my defense, they smelled delicious."

Salem states, "That's just her lunch. XD"

Kitty arches eyebrows.

Deedee claims, "That'd be a pretty bad mistarget. :)"

Hawali claims, "Eos can eat me any time."

Errisar trails off, "I hope you meant PC and not a player..."

Anonymous says, "I mean... BOTH."

Temi grins.

Temi asks, "Okay, shall we wrap up and send folks back to their RP?"

• Information