Log of OOC Meeting - 2021-02-13

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Eos claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times. "

Eos claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates 
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Eos says, "If you#d like to raise a topic anonymously, you can send me a tell."

Kuzco claims, "I'm good."

Kinaed states, "Nothing from me atm."

Souless states, "Nothing here."

Eos declaims, "Nothing? Huh. Ok! Staff updates then! "

Kinaed says, "Last week, I reviewed some documents and specs for thinhs staff are doing. I closed ojt one of my action items testing the plot system."

Kinaed claims, "This week, I intend to relax a bit. Work for 2 weeks was super tough."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me"

Eos rolled 1d4 for a pool of: 1. []

Eos states, "I'll go next then"

Eos claims, "IRL is being harsh on me so I'm putting in a little less work for a while. I've set up the Discord IC Event channel and made it so it'll crosspost to Twitter and eventually to Facebook, and into other Discord servers that subscribed to the channel. I've helped Ghed with some things. Pretty sure I'm forgetting something. Oh well. That's it."

Eos rolled 1d3 for a pool of: 3. []

Souless has lost link.
Souless has reconnected.

Souless has lost link.
Souless has reconnected.

Souless has lost link.

Souless has reconnected.

Salem states, "I did more stuff for our code. It starts looking more managable, but it will take a long time."

Salem states, "That's what I did."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "Thank you."

Eos wonders, "Thank you <3 Temi next? "

Kinaed states to Eos, "Thank you too"

Kinaed has gone AFK.

Temi declaims, "Alright!  I've been helping Ghed out with how to do mobprogs, and I've been working on skill mini quests"

Temi has created a farmer reporting difficulties with a wild boar!

Temi drops a farmer reporting difficulties with a wild boar.

Kuzco says, "Thanks for all the amazing work"

Temi states, "We've got this fellow, who hasn't been out playing yet, but is almost ready"

Souless declaims, "That sounds great!"

Raspberries tickles farmer. 

Temi states, "And I added a new suggested craft for the week of charcoal sticks"

Violet exclaims, "Hurray!"

BoltIsPogchamp has returned from AFK.

Temi states, "Going to keep trying to add a new craft regularly, to gradually fill things out"

Temi nods at Eos.

Violet wonders, "Forum still the best place for recipe ideas?"

Temi nods at Violet.

Temi says, "Yes, please."

Ghed says, "This week I did a buttload of phome requests of many types, including making my first mob prog. Temi has been beyond patient answering my many questions. Other than that, I put the rest of the houses on Real Estate, processed recommends and added lore to some hidden places."

Ghed states, "Finally, I am preparing a new creepy menace. And I'm stoked about it. I am not saying what or where it will be. You're going to have to find it."

Eos claims, "It's very creepy and very menacing."

Ghed nods.

Temi nods in agreement.

Eos states, "Thank you Ghed. "

Souless says, "Ooooh."

Eos questions, "Ok, that's it from staff updates. Next will be player heartbeat. How has the game been for you all?"

Souless claims, "Pretty good. Really loving the staff interaction lately."

Ghed thumbs up.

BoltIsPogchamp states, "Fantastic. I'm causing mischief and it's all very sad and very enjoyable."

The fragrant aroma of chocolate is joined by a touch of rich, buttery toffee.

Sparkles states, "Seems lots of new cyans and more people were around this week, so that was lovely."

Violet declaims, "Busier on grid! So much to do!"

Souless states, "True. Things are picking back up."

Raspberries declares, "That's good!"

Cat is idle.

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Yes I adore all the new cyans."

Cecilia declaims, "Hello everyone, I am completely brand new, just wanted to introduce myself! Looking forward to meeting everyone IC"

Souless says, "We should definitely keep up the momentum"

Violet exclaims, "There have been some really unique and fun character concepts from the new players. Am a bit fan!"

BoltIsPogchamp exclaims, "Hello! Looking forward to meeting you too!"

Violet exclaims, "Hi Cecilia, welcome!"

Souless exclaims, "Yes! I look forward to running into you, Cecilia!"

Temi pontificates to Cecilia, "Welcome for sure!"

Kuzco waves to Cecilia.

Cecilia waves.

Cecilia claims, "Still getting the hang of things a bit."

Souless declares, "It'll take time, but you'll get it. Definitely let us know if you need help!"

Cecilia waltz
  She appears to be incapable at dancing.

Cecilia declaims, "Thank you!"

Souless cheers!

Eos asks, "Is there anything else troubling people recently?"

Kuzco pontificates, "I think I'm good!"

Temi grins.

Temi pontificates, "Good to hear!"

Salem has lost link.
Salem has reconnected.

Eos claims, "Alright! Player topics then. I got one topic anonymously posted to me, so I shall post it here."

Raspberries says, "Well, if you can patch out this whole corona issue that'd be great."

Souless laughs.

Eos states, "Here's the topic: So without outing all of the nitty gritty, Foraging contains a good number of items with very singular purposes. Singular purpose can make meta assumptions about such things a bit easier. I'm wondering if eventually we might consider switching some of those items with those that have more ahem, mundane purpose or simply adding mundane purposes that can help soften that potential."

Temi states to Raspberries, "We have successfully managed to keep it from spreading to TI"

Cecilia laughs at Temi.

Raspberries says, "Oh, good work. :)"

Kuzco states to Eos, "This is a bit difficult"

Souless says, "Yes. That would be very helpful. Maybe allow simple, round stones to be used in jewelry, for a start."

Raspberries claims, "I think some items have more purposes than there used to be"

Kuzco says, "People shouldn't make meta assumptions"

Violet claims, "Huh. This is an interesting point-- I think... the vast majority of players would not be able to tell that an item had a mage-y purpose. And meta-assumptions aren't cool"

Kuzco says, "You can't go suspecting someone for going around with the beating heart of an orphan"

Temi says, "Well, I just added stones to the husbandry recipe for our farmer"

Raspberries says, "Stones used to be used for a stone skipping mini-game"

Violet declares, "I agree with Souless that there are a couple easy fixes, like-- yes! Adding stones to a few recipes would be lovely"

BoltIsPogchamp muses, "We had a stone skipping mini game?"

Raspberries says, "A looong time ago, yeah"

Souless claims, "Oh, dope."

Violet claims, "I also still vote for spider silk cloth from spiderwebs"

Violet claims, "Because again, tailoring ain't cheap"

Souless states, "That, too."

Temi claims, "And people should take a step back and look at things from an IC perspective, and consider whether something is actually suspicious or if you just know that codewise"

Souless claims, "Or using spider silk for binding wounds, with a chance of infection."

Ghed nods at Violet.

Temi states, "I don't think spider silk is terribly appropriate for silk.  But bandages might be more reasonable"

Violet says, "Fair fair-- I was just trying to throw out -something-"

Temi trails off, "But, we'll keep adding items to various recipes... We cannot control everything people do though, so it's on you guys to be responsible and not metagame"

Souless claims, "Or decorations for outfits, if albeit creepy."

BoltIsPogchamp trails off, "Some way to craft silk and velvet would be cool... "

Violet states, "And simultaneously continue my crusade for less costly pooling avenues in tailoring ;)"

Souless states, "Maybe a magebane festival tradition, adding creepy decorations to your outfits."

BoltIsPogchamp says, "But if salvaging is looked at, then again I'm already happy."

Raspberries states, "Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_web#Uses"

Raspberries claims, "Looks like you could use them for art"

Sparkles states, "I do think regardless of the meta question that foraging items having more purpose or use would encourage it to be a more helpful skill."

Temi states, "We've purposefully set up several materials in most crafts to not be available without buying them, to keep them valuable"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Aaah."

BoltIsPogchamp declaims, "Makes sense!"

Violet says, "Understandable"

Violet says, "I second Bolt-- if salvaging is looked at, that would also help things a great deal"

Temi says, "But yeah, not opposed to adding more items, gradually, and I am working on doing that."

Souless states, "Foraging and salvaging could use some work, yeah."

Violet exclaims, "But don't metagame, people! Uncool!"

Temi nods in agreement with Violet.

Sparkles states, "There was an old forum thread about making suggestions for foraging, I think."

Sparkles claims, "Should we dig that out of the graveyard or start a new one/"

Temi claims, "I'm afraid we will never be able to get rid of all possible ways to metagame, so instead, we are going to have to rely on our players to be responsible"

Temi claims, "Feel free to do either"

Kuzco nods.

Eos states, "If there's anything else on your hearts - we have a whole 27 minutes, this is the time to bring it up. :)"

Temi states, "And we do have a strong history here of having trustworthy players who want to make good stories with people.  Occasionally people don't live up to that, but for the most part, that allows us to do a lot of better work for players than trying to close every possible gap, and when it's obvious, we handle punishing them"

Cecilia muses, "Just out of curiousity, how long has everyone here been playing?"

Kuzco states, "Since feb 2016"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Summer 2020"

Souless trails off, "Nah, nothing other than my hope of there being more of a guide for where to go for what sort of foraging items, and what skill levels they require. Not just the book in the library but..."

Raspberries claims, "Hard to say, I've come and gone"

Temi states, "Well, this version started in early 2011.  So.. umm.. I started playing this version then."

Souless claims, "Same as Raspberries."

Cecilia claims, "Very cool."

Temi claims to Souless, "We're happy for players to explore and document and flesh out what they've learned, though we do like having some systems that require exploring and trying things out.  We know it's not everyone's idea of fun, but it's intentional."

Temi states, "It is some people's idea of fun, and we want to cater to them too."

BoltIsPogchamp states, "I know a couple of people whove played for 10 years on and off"

BoltIsPogchamp coughs, "Nerds"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Compared to that, I am baby"

Kuzco says, "Some have played for 20"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "That's like. So nerdy."

Temi attempts to look innocent.

Eos questions, "Got another anonymous topic come in :) After that, if nothing else comes up - would you like to return to your scenes early?"

Temi states, "Let's see how the topic goes."

Souless declares, "I'm in no hurry!"

Eos exclaims, "Yea, makes sense!"

Eos has transferred Deedee.  [OOC]

Temi gives a candycane of dark chocolate with a handle of smooth white to Deedee.

Deedee waves.

Violet waves back!

Eos states, "Hello! We've had one topic, and another one coming in per tell to me. "

Deedee declares, "Oh, okay!"

Deedee sits down.

Deedee listens.

Eos claims, "If there's anything you wanna bring up and there's time left go for it"

Eos claims, "In the meantime, let me tell you cool TI facts"

Sparkles wonders, "I was going to ask, speaking of foraging has there been any plan about how to keep the streetsweeper from loading into Guildhall spaces?"

Violet says, "^^^ Good question."

Deedee says, "That sounds troublesome"

Ghed says, "There is a flag that can be changed to keep it from going into indoor areas"

Ghed questions, "I think it's easy to implement, right?"

Temi nods.

Deedee queries, "They won't pick up installed items I hope?"

Violet asks, "Oh! Also-- is invite working in guildhalls still on the table?"

Temi says, "Staying in the area may work"

Deedee asks, "And do the items remain in their inventory for a while, or just go poof?"

Temi states to Violet, "I don't think we ever got to discussing that.  We can make sure it's on the staff discussion list"

Temi claims, "I don't know how they are set up"

Deedee nods.

Eos wonders, "They were a Niamh invention, right?"

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Violet claims, "I would love that to be added! It'd be super great to invite to public parts of guildhalls."

Deedee also wants to invite into ghalls.

Temi says, "I think"

Temi finishes her note.

Temi claims, "I've made sure it's on the list for discussion for invite in guildhalls"

Souless queries, "So what's the topic?"

Violet says, "<3"

Eos claims, "Street sweepers stealing things"

Souless states, "Ah, okay."

Eos states, "Especially from Troub GLs, it seems"

Temi muses, "Was that the anonymous topic?"

Souless exclaims, "Apparently, yeah. My art!"

Raspberries says, "Sweeper no sweeeping"

Violet says, "Oh dear :( it ended up in the merchant ghall last week, but luckily didn't reach the crafting rooms"

Eos says, "The anonymous one was withdrawn :) "

Temi claims, "Ahh, okay"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Hey id appreciate if someone cleaned up sometime"

Temi questions, "Then shall we go onto the backlog priorities?"

Eos pontificates, "Oh yes!"

Deedee states, "I finally got my list in earlier"

Ghed says, "Streetsweeper updated."

Ghed states, "Should wait until the current ones despawn"

Sparkles states, "That said if there's a conversation about fixing Guildhall rooms being public for invite, it would actually be an amazing blessing for a 'Public' room flag that gives the RPXP bonus that is seperate from the flag that creates a rumor person."

Deedee wonders, "I think they're already seperate?"

Eos says, "So, as said before, we want to nuke the Bug Board to give the Coders - Salem and me - a fresh start, so that it doesn't look as hopeless. We didn't get too many priorities yet, So we would like to remind you to send in a list of anything on the bug board you really want to keep. There's 24 hours left to do so."

Temi claims to Sparkles, "We have a different plan for that, which may or may not last through the bug board  purge"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Bug board 150 - if that's a priority you care about, feel free to include it on your list"

Ghed claims, "Guys don't overlook this"

Sparkles states, "Shall do! I would love to reward people the bonus for coming to stuff the Bards host without the rumors talking mad smack during the ballet recital. "

Deedee claims, "That'd be nice, but I don't think it'd make a top 10"

Eos claims, "Don't feel like you're burdening us with asking for things to stay. Talking about myself, knowing that what's left on the board is actually important to the player base is a great motivator."

Temi says, "Everyone is welcome to have their own priorities, but if it's not a big one to you, feel free to not include it.  We aren't going to keep things that aren't anyone's top items, though"

Temi says, "We think everything on the bug board is worth doing, at least a little bit... but we're not going to do all of it, we just can't.  So that's why we're doing this"

Eos has transferred RainbowQuartz.  [OOC]

Temi gives a candycane of dark chocolate with a handle of smooth white to RainbowQuartz.

Eos says, "Ok, one last topic. :)"

RainbowQuartz declares, "Thanks!"

Temi claims, "We were just reminding folks about the deadline coming up to put in your bug list priorities"

Temi states, "We're giving people 24 more hours"

RainbowQuartz claims, "So, this is a specific topic to mages, would it be okay to bring up here, I know some want to know nothing about magey stuff"

Ghed peers at Temi

Temi wonders, "If you keep the details out is it meaty enough to discuss?"

Cecilia is idle.

Cecilia is no longer idle.

Raspberries starts stacking kindling at RainbowQuartz's feet.

Souless states, "I'm not opposed to the conversation."

Souless has lost link.
Souless has reconnected.

RainbowQuartz questions, "So discussing with another player, learning rituals via astral can be tireless, and insanely time consuming. Especially because you keep relearning base rituals. We wanted to bring up asking for a code change with the nodes and such... Thoughts? "

Ghed asks, "Tireless or tiresome?"

RainbowQuartz says, "Tiresome, typing fast, sorry. "

Cecilia has returned from AFK.

Sparkles states, "The solution there might be RP with some other mages. Which I'm guessing is potentially the point, the same as how sparring NPCs is slower than learning/sparring real PCs."

Deedee nods.

Temi nods.

Souless wonders, "Are you specifically mentioning Knowledge nodes, or nodes in general?"

RainbowQuartz says, "Knowledge. "

Temi states, "Definitely we would prefer to encourage RP over non-RP systems"

Salem has returned from AFK.

Violet wonders, "I thought you could also learn them from other mages?"

Temi nods in agreement with Violet.

Temi claims, "You definitely can."

RainbowQuartz says, "Which I understand the mage/mage rp thing, but you can continue to learn the base rituals, like the ones you start with. "

Temi says, "Removing the base ones might be easier than a complete refactor of how it selects them"

RainbowQuartz says, "This sprouted from the other player gathering 10 knowledge nodes that had rituals and I think 7 were the starter rituals"

Eos states, "Bigger code changes will take a long time, since we're waiting for the refactoring to be done -  if we decide to do that, it'll be a while until it's changed."

Souless says, "Hm. "

Temi nods at RainbowQuartz.

RainbowQuartz says, "Perhaps not an overhaul, but a tweak *shrug*"

Temi finishes abruptly, "That's not a great percentage.  Though they shouldn't be more frequent  - just bad luck"

Temi says, "Some tweaks would be easier than others."

RainbowQuartz nodnods

Violet queries, "Maybe the potential future mage guild/mage space will help?"

Sparkles claims, "But if people are discussing mage things in that level of detail OOCly, I'd think helping them out IC with it would be a better move."

Temi says, "We could look at it, but yeah, I don't know if it's a big priority, since RP would be the main way, and the astral would be more of a 'code backup'"

Souless claims, "Maybe? The thing is the benefits from knowledge nodes becomes rsther limited, once you know all of the rituals."

RainbowQuartz claims, "Yeah, I just said that I would bring it up, because they weren't able to be here. "

Temi states, "I'll add a discussion topic in for it, but no promises"

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Souless claims, "Definitely."

Raspberries claims, "We're over the hour now by the way."

Temi finishes her note.

Eos states, "Oh yes, we are."

Eos says, "Thank you all for coming. :)"

Souless pontificates, "Thanks!"

Raspberries waves.

Eos asks, "Ready to be transed out?"

Souless nods.

Cecilia nods.

Deedee says, "Good here"

RainbowQuartz nods.

Cecilia pontificates, "Farewell everyone!"

Eos exclaims, "Have a fun time rping then!"

Raspberries states, "Toodles"

Geras

Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Re: rituals, this accepted request would fix that:

https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2244

Not sure where that is on the list of priorities but maybe it could be bumped up?

• Information