Log of OOC Meeting - 2021-02-06

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

LANS

Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:36 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they
can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this 
and each other at all times."

Kinaed has transferred Sparkles.  [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're
ready to present it when called upon."

Temi gives a pickled carved cucumber in the shape of a reptilian demon to Sparkles.

Kinaed asks of BoltIsPogchamp, "Did you say you had a topic?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm a bit worried everyone is afk today :)"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Sorry, yes"

BoltIsPogchamp wonders, "I have a recipe suggestion - I want to be able to destroy items by tossing them in a fire, so I can dramatically destroy
letters from former lovers. So maybe just, a fireplace as a tool, plus I guess any object, makes some ashes?"

Kinaed states to BoltIsPogchamp, "Thanks - I've got you down. Please pre-write the topic for when you're called on to introduce it."

Kinaed exclaims, "Or I can roll with it now!"

Kinaed has transferred Raspberries.  [OOC]

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Oops"

Kinaed smiles.

Temi wonders to BoltIsPogchamp, "Not happy with consign?"

Kinaed says, "All good."

Temi gives a pickled carved cucumber in the shape of a reptilian demon to Raspberries.

Deedee says, "We actually do have a consign command, yes"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Only works for letters, I want to consign clothes too"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Burn it all. "

Raspberries licks a pickled carved cucumber in the shape of a reptilian demon and waves.

Kinaed claims, "I'll make a note to discuss with staff. There are some intriciacies to that, like spells that do the same thing, etc."

Raspberries states, "I am for lighting things on fire."

Anonymous quietly disposes of a pickled carved cucumber in the shape of a reptilian demon before the Order shows up.

Kinaed says, "Okay, kicking off Staff Talking Points - last week, I... wrote the spec for RP Quest Locales and passed it to Eos/Salem. Reviewed
Viridis' draft demon summoning spec."

Kinaed claims, "On my desk - right now, the event scheduler."

Kinaed claims, "That's about it for me."

Kinaed rolled 1d3 for a pool of: 2. [La360]

Kinaed claims to Ghed, "You're up :)"

Lans nods.

Ghed claims, "Well what I had typed is gone"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Didnt think the order would approve of us hiding demon cucumbers"

Temi grins.

Deedee claims, "Gone. how cryptic."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, I might skip to Eos for the moment?"

Ghed claims, "Basically I processed half the phome backlog, a very big one, and put many new homes for sale, and a shop or two. I also reworked some
tavern/restaurant prices for the sake of balance (some noble places were cheaper than the Queen's), did requests, recommends and typos, and learned 
many new things with Temi"

Eos has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "Sweet, thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Eos, "Do you want to go next? I'd normally roll, but I've bungled it."

Eos claims, "I looked at the tells code again and hopefully fixed the bug where you can't reply to staff (you have to write a new tell to them). For
the multitell version of said bug I asked Salem to look at it instead. Fixed repair code so that actually broken items can be repaired, not just 
almost broken ones, this will be tested later and if successful played in. Working on enabling mails to guilds. I pitched an idea for a redo of 
contest rolls and we decided on a concept that should return variable results on the same day. Ghed and me puppetted some NPCs to bring fun into the 
grid."

Kinaed says, "Oh yeah, I need to test that."

Raspberries claims, "Oh, that's different."

Kinaed smiles.

Lans claims, "Great work"

Kinaed says to Temi, "I think you're up :)"

Temi pontificates, "Okay!"

Ghed states, "For checking the repair code we beat the lights out of a npc over and over and over in the staff room"

Anonymous says, "I wonder if it was that npc"

Anonymous points at the farin foreigner.

Eos says, "Also we beat Viridis for fun, oh, of course, for science"

Temi points at a Farin foreigner looking about lost in confusion. "Well, I made him up, as another skill quest trial in addition to the sneaky one. 
I've seen several people have helped him to find himself, so interested in feedback."

Temi grins.

Sparkles claims, "Lovely."

Baklava is idle.

Anonymous starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi states, "I also added a new craft for a whole roasted boar, in addition to continued work on the skill mini-quests and teaching our other
staffers."

Kinaed beams.

Raspberries claims, "Ooh"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks Staff - that's all great work, and deeply appreciated."

Kinaed says, "I'm sure there's something in there for most players to get excited about."

Anonymous finishes his note.

Kinaed queries, "Any questions on any of that before we pop into our next agenda item?"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, next up - Player Heartbeat! How was the game for folks this week? Anything new, interesting or fun?"

Lans claims, "It was good. Lans and his kid returned to grid after a trip to Capua."

Deedee approaches the lost-looking Fariner and offers help with some reasonably fluent Farin words, "Do you need some help finding some thing?".  The
man replies with a thankful smile on hearing words in his own tongue.

The Fariner thanks Deedee, offers a wave and smile, and heads off on his way to his lodgings. [Success]

Eos claps.

Violet declares, "I saw the tourist around! That was fun"

Anonymous claims, "I would think that deedee is 'reasonably fluent'"

Temi grins.

Kinaed smiles.

Violet pontificates, "And had a few lovely scenes I'm still catching up on writing recommends for!"

Temi states, "I didn't figure there was much need in making a completely fluent one, since those don't need to learn farin"

Deedee nods.

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee states, "Makes sense. interesting system"

Kinaed states, "Glad to hear some people are having fun."

Kinaed wonders, "Anything shitting anyone that they'd like us to know about (that isn't already a topic?:))"

Anonymous states, "Oh"

Jiraiya muses, "Any updates on the mage guild perchance?"

Kinaed claims, "Please feel free to harp on things you've spoken about before that we just haven't gotten to."

Anonymous states, "I have something"

Temi claims, "Viridis was planning to meet up and discuss that with Ghed, I was thinking"

Anonymous muses, "Would it be possible to have guild pass permit type objects able to be put in a keyring?"

Temi states, "No"

Traven has lost link.
Traven has reconnected.

Kinaed states to Jiraiya, "We've had a draft submitted by Viridis that we've asked some questions about, and I think he's working on resolving those
queries. "

Anonymous grumbles.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Lans questions, "Could we maybe open the Grandmaster for apping in?"

Kinaed claims to Anonymous, "I've written that request down."

BoltIsPogchamp says, "That would be grand ahaha aha haha"

Kinaed states to Lans, "I'll have a look, thanks"

Anonymous states, "Guh-huh what a great pun"

Temi says to Anonymous, "I mean, we could maybe allow them to be put in, but they work using mobprogs and I don't think we can get that to detect that
you had the item in a container"

Kinaed queries, "Anything else people want to raise before we move onto Player Topics? :)"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Thanks I know I'm grand but I'm no master of puns yet"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed queries to Violet, "Okay, you're our first topic for the day (as Bolt went earlier) :) Care to introduce us?"

Violet declares, "Yep yep!"

Violet states, "Hi friends! More than anything, this is a recipe suggestion-- I'd like to propose a 'Gourmet Fruit Tea' and 'Gourmet Spiced Tea'
recipe be added to brewing. Right now, we have a 'Simple Tea' recipe with just tea leaves, then these very specific recipes for teas that are based on 
certain region of the grid (Capuan Chai, for example). Having these two recipes would bring brewing in line with other crafts on grid, like cooking, 
that have very general gourmet recipes to facilitate player creativity. 

The recipe ingredients could look like this: 

Name: Gourmet Fruit Tea 
<insert other info>
Consumed:
  1x of any fruit
  1x a tiny pouch of dried tea leaves
Produced:
  1x a kettle of fruit tea.  

Name: Gourmet Spiced Tea 
<insert other info>
Consumed:
  1x of any spice
  1x a tiny pouch of dried tea leaves
Produced:
  1x a kettle of spiced tea."

Lans states, "This is not a moral threat, therefore I like it"

Kinaed states to Temi, "I defer to you on this :)"

Temi claims, "That would be a great suggestion on the ideas section of the forum"

Tasker states, "You're missing the powerstones for added oomph"

BoltIsPogchamp trails off, "Ohh pretty.... "

Temi states, "We're gradually adding crafting recipes, and I am generally taking ideas from there"

Traven states, "I'm not sure... I may be included to misbehave with that tea in me."

Temi claims, "So it would be easier to track than to suggest it here"

Raspberries lifts a pickled carved cucumber in the shape of a reptilian demon to her nose and sniffs at it.

Kinaed asks of Violet, "Do you mind putting it up on the forum where Temi suggested so we don't lose it?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Violet exclaims, "Will do!"

Temi claims, "I'm setting a loose goal of adding something craftingy every week"

Kinaed says, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Pretty cool :)"

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "Okay, you're up next :) Please introduce us to your topic?"

Temi states, "Though I reserve the right to rebalance and completely change any ideas."

Temi grins.

Violet nods!

Sparkles says, "Hello! So I just submitted to Ghed an update to our lovely timeline helpfile for staff review and while doing so I sort of came to the
following thought."

Sparkles questions, "Could we perhaps have it so that the IC time shows when you login?"

Kinaed claims, "Probably."

Raspberries says, "You can add IC date to your prompt"

Ghed states, "Your work is solid, Sparkles, thank you."

Kinaed asks, "I might see about tucking that in right below the daily locale quest stuff?"

Sparkles nods.

Kinaed states, "Oh, Raspberries has a good point."

Sparkles states, "The issue is people with screenreaders don't always use super long prompts."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Temi says, "Could be nice to have it more occasionally than every line"

Raspberries says, "Hm"

Sparkles states, "It would be super super helpfile when log trawling for the IC date of something."

Sparkles says, "Helpful."

Kinaed says, "Well, the string exists in the 'time' command, so in terms of making it paste somewhere in the MOTD on login - I suspect it's probably
trivial."

Eos says, "Yea just write it in a board post so I don't forget, Kin. On the very first glance without the code in front of me it can't be hard."

Kinaed states, "Will confirm with Eos and team, but I don't have any issue with this."

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Sparkles declares, "Thank you!"

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Eos claims, "I learned how to use time for the promotion reminder already :)"

Temi grins.

Raspberries says, "Seems they could just add a script to do 'time' when they login themselves though"

Anonymous says, "By the way, the promotion reminder is triggering for the Council as well"

Anonymous says, "Which I found greatly amusing."

Anonymous states, "I have no idea if that's intentional."

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "Hate to say it, but that'd be something I don't know how to do, so not everyone who plays can."

Sparkles states, "Also if you play across multiple devices and/or clients having it be game side would be useful."

Anonymous says, "Marisa was most recently promoted on Sat Jan 21 2017 and their rank should be up for review., poor Marisa with no promotion for 4
years"

Kinaed claims, "I know it's probably easy as can be, but it still takes a bit of knowledg.e"

Kinaed states, "Anyway, it's not hard for us to add."

Eos says, "Salem handled that part, I don't think it is - but for now, please ask the council members to use apply_promote to disable having promotion
reminders being sent. "

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's us moved all the way through our entire agenda today. :)"

Anonymous states, "Sure thing"

Sparkles says, "More complicated but also amazing would eventually be having IC Event posts automatically generate the date as well."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Eos claims, "Much more complicated on first glance"

Traven has lost link.

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "I'm noting that item as well. I've thought it before myself, just... the backlog is so big it feels like it will never be
priority."

Temi says, "Mainly because it deals with the note system."

Temi nods.

Raspberries states, "Well on the note of moving useful bits game-side, I wrote a thing to colorize which language you're currently speaking on your
prompt and it's a lifesaver. Might be good to implement on the mud"

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "Are you happy to email me the script? I can send it to Eos and Salem for consideration."

Kinaed states, "My email is Kinaed.ti@gmail.com"

Raspberries says, "I can do that. Actually, let me see if I haven't already put it on the forums."

Violet pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Kinaed says, "Thanks :)"

Eos says, "We have a repository for scripts"

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Traven has reconnected.

Kinaed asks, "So, any other business? Things people want to chat about? Curiosity about anything on the forums?"

Kinaed states, "I hope to put out a survey for players at some stage, maybe today. Get a sense for what player priorities are at the moment."

Sparkles ponders.

Traven says, "I love staff-player interaction, so that's a good thing to throw on there. >>"

Deedee says, "I gave the bugboard a pass"

Kinaed states, "I want to say a big thanks to the staff who are running puppets and whatnot for players when times are slow."

Deedee states, "But haven't had time to put them in order of preference"

Sparkles wonders, "Talking about suggestions on the Ideas forums. Will there be a Review of approving/rejecting those?"

Kinaed states, "We've never really done it before due to our general business, but I think ti does add to the game when done well, and I'm so glad to
hear people are enjoying it."

Ghed says, "Eos and I are squealing like little children discussing puppeting ideas on the daily"

Eos claims, "It was really fun for us too, thanks to the players for playing with us - and for using those mini events to foster more RP. :)"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Yes, just haven't gotten to it. You've seen our code backlog. We also have an Action Item register, a list of Staff Talking
Points, and we're all volunteers, so staff time is highly prioritized."

Eos claims, "We areeee"

Ghed claims, "Plus we learn a lot and can apply it forward"

Traven states, "Pleas, do. I love having more things to add to the story of the game."

Sparkles says, "Ah, yes, of course."

Temi claims, "Please please make sure you guys are still doing your own plots and things too, though, of course."

Traven has lost link.

Ghed claims to Sparkles, "Trust us, we're working on it :)"

Traven has reconnected.

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "We know there's always something left to do. Actually - our Request Board is down to 5 posts, all of which have been
handled to 'resolution' so far as a staff member can take it without player feedback. This is a tremendous achievement for us, and I want to say thank 
you to staff for that."

Sparkles claims, "Sorry, I just tend to remember things as I remember them."

Kinaed pontificates, "All good!"

Ghed claims, "It's Viridis' credit mostly, going gun ho like a magic terminator"

Kinaed says, "Feel free to remind us of the things that are important to you incessantly. I have a long patience for hearing things twice or more,
largely because my memory is a sieve rather than a vault."

Wimpled is idle.

Kinaed smiles at Ghed.

Wimpled is no longer idle.

Wimpled has returned from AFK.

Lans nods.

Kinaed states, "Also, things that didn't sit well a year ago may sit better now as our circumstances have changed, so please don't be afraid to raise
old topics or questions again either."

Kinaed says, "Mind, the answer may not have changed, but we have the tolerance to revisit topics, for sure."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "Things do change.  Different priorities than in the past."

Raspberries nods.

Baklava has left the game.

Raspberries claims, "My idea for the language color on prompt was rejected previously, but then the only coder was Az"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed says, "That's a good example of where things may well have changed, especially if you have sample code or scripts we can look at"

Salem appears in a swirling mist. [OOC]

Kinaed smiles at Salem.

Kinaed muses, "Hey, how are you?"

Salem states, "Sorry for being late."

Kinaed claims to Salem, "No worries, this meeting is non-mandatory. I'm glad it caught on in popularity over the years though."

Kinaed queries to Salem, "Did you want to talk about what you've been up to and how it's going?"

Eos says, "Also don't hesitate to tell us what items on the bug board you'd like to keep - us erasing it also serves as a way to see what the player
base wants to see happening, and what the player base just doesn't care all that much about."

Raspberries queries, "The script wouldn't be too useful for coding it on the mud, but here's an example of how it looks: https://ti
-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1688&p=12012&hilit=language#p12012 was pretty hackish to implement in tintin"

Kinaed nods at Eos.

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "Looks good."

Eos says, "I can't promise you, Raspberries, that I'll be able to get it done, but since I want to do some changes to the blue thingie down there
anyways (staff side) I'll be looking at it as well. "

Kinaed muses, "Do we have a prompt for what language you're speaking now, and it's just not colored?"

Raspberries claims, "That's right"

Eos trails off, "There must be at least a flag since... it needs to be stored somewhere..."

Kinaed states to Eos, "I think for us it might just be coloring the percent l prompt"

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Raspberries. We'll have a look."

Kinaed wonders, "Anything else on anyone's mind?"

Ghed states, "I wanted to chime in that I'm very pleased at the number of recommends of late."

Kinaed smiles.

BoltIsPogchamp is idle.

BoltIsPogchamp is no longer idle.
BoltIsPogchamp has returned from AFK.

Ghed claims, "I can also remind you everyone that reviews on Reddit and elsewhere are always publicity, even if you have things to vent about."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, well- it seems like the chat is winding down a bit :) So, let's wrap up for today?"

Kinaed nods at Ghed.

Kinaed says, "We do award 5 QP if you tell us you've posted somewhere, good or bad."

Lans begins to move north.

Lans comes to a stop.

Lans nods.

Tasker says, "Time to start a drama filled r/mud thread to get my QP"

Deedee says, "Heh heh heh"

Kinaed chuckles, "For sure."

Sparkles asks, "There's also a number of newer websites for posting, wonder if maybe we could gather them and sticky them on the forums somewhere? Or
in a helpfile?"

Jiraiya says, "Noooooooo"

Kinaed states, "I can sticky a forum post for new listings nad whatnot that players know about"

Kinaed wonders, "Meanwhile, are there any events happening today?"

Kinaed wonders, "Or this week?"

Traven states, "Some things may be happening theatre side soon. "

Ghed claims, "Yeah? That's exciting."

Deedee claims, "If any horsey folk want to do something, the races are supposed to be soon"

Kinaed asks, "Oh, just a request - there's a player and/or players who is foraging and dropping items everywhere rather than donating or consigning
them. This hits our disk usage quota, so if players in general might be a bit circumspect about leaving objects all over the place, that'd be 
appreciated. Also, if you have a horde of stuff, can you go through it and get rid of things you don't use?"

Sparkles wonders, "Can I add a thought to that?"

Kinaed claims, "We don't want to get code creative and start trying to figure out what's good and what isn't to auto-purge."

Lans states, "This is also inmersion breaking. Having to walk around piles of rusty daggers every few rooms is a little grating."

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Of course :)"

Anonymous trails off, "I... happen to know whom that is"

Raspberries questions, "How much space freed up when Prisca kicked it, out of curiosity?"

Anonymous states, "If you want me to contact them direction"

Anonymous claims, "Directly*"

Violet claims, "Ugh agreed. Having 200x gross hats everywhere is a pain."

Ghed claims to Raspberries, "Gigantic amounts, it spawned a small blackout in Amazon"

Kinaed claims, "If you know and are willing to ask - politely. It's not like they're breaking the rules, it's just problematic, so we'd appreciate if
they could change it."

Sparkles claims, "I do wonder if part of the random quests and/or part of the new systems which are rather lovely, one consideration might be 'what to
do with the production of pool spam'"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed states, "We've introduced some clean-up mobs, but... it's far from perfect."
Temi nods.

Quartz trails off, "And the cleaning mobs have been getting stuck... "

Ghed clears throat at Kin and chuckles.

Raspberries states, "I'm picturing a sinkhole where her loot lair used to be"

Kinaed claims to Quartz, "Oh dear, thanks for letting us know."

Temi states, "Some of it will be used up, though I think salvage has helped for the crafting stuff."

Quartz claims, "I posted a typo in the room I saw them in"

Violet trails off, "There was one in the Merchant's guildhall today, behind the xblock... That coulda been bad"

Kinaed questions, "Any other thoughts or anything on that?"

Kinaed states to Quartz, "Thanks. Hopefully we'll get to that automatically, but it's good to know since we do have limited disk space."

Quartz states, "I think Salvage helped, but a lot of what is spammed, is not salvagable "

Deedee nods.

Quartz claims, "The vandago lecture hall has like 100+ tiles from failed clay crafts"

Deedee states, "It would be nice if all food items could be salvaged for food scraps"

Quartz says, "And a ton more of the foldy paper products"

Ghed asks of Quartz, "Really?"

Traven says, "Agreed."

Quartz states, "Yes, I have been in there a lot"

Ghed says, "Oh Dav I can see it"

As best as Deedee can determine, a pickled carved cucumber in the shape of a reptilian demon cannot be salvaged. [Deedee]

Deedee says, "No helping the pickle."

Violet claims, "Salvage is lovely... I do wish it had better yields for tailoring and wood. It's frustrating when with 60+ levels of
tailoring/woodworking, a skirt gives you... one scrap. A wardrobe gives you... two scraps."

Quartz says, "Eventually someone *cough* may spam higher level crafts but they are so few and far between."

Kinaed queries, "We do have a command, I think, to break down broken craft stuff to raw materials. Salvage is it?"

Traven claims, "Or some of those forage items."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Traven states, "Like getting metal from rusty daggers."

Temi claims, "We can check if cooking recipes are all set to be salvaged"

Kinaed muses, "So if someone wants a whole bunch of free craft materials, maybe go salvage that stuff?"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Yep! For silk and velvet salvage gives a very low yield. It makes it so very hard to level."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Good idea. Adding it to the tlist"

Temi claims, "But there has to be a crafting recipe to use salvage"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Quartz queries, "I know for two crafts there are related skills that don't produce anything, but still pool a good amount of stuff. That could be an
idea for others?"

Sparkles ponders.

Violet claims, "Yeah... even items that have large swaths of fabric, like cloaks, skirts, gowns. You don't really get any usable material from
salvage."

Kinaed claims to Quartz, "Maybe. We should probably typo board things that we think should be salvageable that aren't."

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Kinaed wonders, "I don't think a person should get heaps, but I also think it should be usable or what's the point?"

Kinaed claims, "So adding that to staff talking points."

Deedee asks, "Thinking of herbalism and husbandry, quartz?"

Quartz states, "Blacksmithing and herbalism"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "The best one is stockings, you get 1 silk back for 2 silk input. But thats the exception. Most of the time its like, you put in
4 to get back 1 via salvage. often you get nothing."

Violet claims, "With jeweling, you get... somewhere in the range of 40-80 percent of the initial materials? Like if the recipe required 5 bars, you
might get 2-4 back."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I'll add a Staff Talking Point - can you guys add typo board posts about what we need to review?"

Violet claims, "Vs. with tailoring, you use 5 measures of silk in a recipe, and you get from salvage 1-2 scraps"

Jiraiya asks, "Does salvage work for magecraft?"

BoltIsPogchamp states, "God yes the scraps. No one needs scraps"

Sparkles says, "I'd think not."

Kinaed claims to Jiraiya, "I don't think so."

Sparkles says, "Actually, scraps are amazing to make the patchwork cloaks we Bards would love."

Sparkles states, "Just as a thought."

BoltIsPogchamp says, "Not to spill secrets but we have a lot. a lot."

Kinaed chuckles.

BoltIsPogchamp states, "A LOT. of scraps"

Violet states, "And scraps don't keep the material, as far as I can tell? Like woolen scraps and silk scraps are functionally identical.
Indistinguishable in appraisal, used for the same recipes, and can't be turned into measures of anything other than wool"

Anonymous has lost link.

Anonymous has reconnected.

Sparkles states, "Make cute dolls of yourselves and sell them as collectibles."

Kinaed muses, "Maybe we can make a recipe for scraps to turn it into a bolt of some kind of cloth too?"

Anonymous claims, "No one wants a cute doll of me."

Sparkles says, "Ah, you can do that."

Temi claims, "The scraps can be used in other recipes, yeah.  But we can review the general returns on the craft"

BoltIsPogchamp says, "You underestimate the amount of scraps we have"

Kinaed claims to Anonymous, "You underestimate my interest in oddities."

Violet says, "There's a recipe for scraps -> measures of wool. But even if you get the scraps from silk, they can only be turned into wool."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "We don't want to make things too cheap to do, either, though."

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed states to Violet, "That may be a code limitation unless we get specific about what kind of scraps further back in the chain."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "One of the things about becoming a grandmaster weaver - the people who do that, earn it."

Kinaed says, "Same is supposed to generally be true of most skills to a degree."

Kinaed claims, "But it's also not supposed to be ridiculous."

Kinaed says, "So we'll have a look."

Violet claims, "Yeah, that makes sense. That's why I think that providing some number of measures of silk/velvet from salvage of large silk/velvet
items"

Kinaed says, "Thanks for raising it."

Violet states, "<3"
Kinaed nods at Violet.

Kinaed wonders, "Anything else on anyone's mind? :)"

Raspberries claims, "There's still a lot of skills that'd be ridiculous to try to master let alone grandmaster"

BoltIsPogchamp queries, "It was like... 3 bolts to raise a level towards the end? thats around 900 silver if you dont have ressources"

Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "That is 4500 silver to get from 70 to 75"

Quartz trails off, "Would it be a huge task to add commands to make the crafts fancier, but make it cost an item? Like add a command to be able to
have an extra tag for clothing that says it has fancy stitching or something... "

Kinaed finishes her note.

Deedee states, "There is embellish"

Kinaed asks, "Not being a crafter, how does that differ from either embellish or adding an extra description when tooling the object?"

Temi claims, "Embellish is probably enough in that direction"

Kinaed questions, "People know you can 'look <person> <obj they're wearing>' right?"

Quartz says, "I think I should look into embellishing more then lol"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "It would be nice but, yea, wheres the point in having a long desc at all, then, if we do all with embellish"

Quartz states, "I am just trying to think of the equivalent of sharpen, but for other crafts"

Kinaed nods at Quartz.

Deedee says, "Woodwork could have polish"

Ghed looks closely at a set of thickened and lined wool trousers fall to the foot belonging to Salem.

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Quartz queries, "Also, is there a way we could set the damage type for weapons when made? Within reason? "

Kinaed declares, "Wow, I thought we were going to end early, and it's the top of the hour now!"

BoltIsPogchamp states, "I'm also not a fan of making crafts more complicated"

Kinaed nods at BoltIsPogchamp.

Violet states, "Yeah... it's already a lot of non-RP work to make good crafts"

Violet claims, "I love it, it's excellent"

Temi states, "Damage types probably need to stick with the weapon type"

Kinaed pontificates, "That is our OOC Chat for today. We're out of time, sadly :) Thank you for coming, everyone!"

Lans waves.

"Don't judge me Ghed... Or I will come naked next time." Salem laughd. [Salem]

Kinaed declaims, "We look forward to hearing from you next week!"

BoltIsPogchamp claims, "Agreed, violet"

Violet states, "But I don't want it to be -more- complicated and time consuming, bc that takes away from actually playing with people."

Ghed states, "I am game"

Quartz waves.

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Jiraiya waves.
Deedee waves.

BoltIsPogchamp waves.

Raspberries waves.

Violet declaims, "Thank you, staff, for being amazing!"

Kinaed declares, "Have a great week, everyone!"

• Information