Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

TILViridis

Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Viridis waves.

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "It's cold and it's december. IN SOUTH AMERICA."

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "That seems backwards. Like you got my weather."

GeeBee (REDACTED) says, "Doing well! Went on a hike earlier."

Kuzco (REDACTED) declaims, "I have barbaric december winter instead!"

Temi questions, "Sounds pretty positive... maybe aside from that weather. Shall we get started? Any volunteers for a scribe? "

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "Am on the phone, sorry"

Temi says, "Unfortunately, Kin won't be able to join us today."

Viridis says, "I can log. One moment"

Viridis states, "Good to go."

Temi states, "Thanks Viridis! No players available it seems."

Temi has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribing

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Badass"

Temi questions, "Okay, so, our agenda for today: 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topic. Anybody have any player topics to go on the list already?"

Sparkles (REDACTED) states, "I have a topic."

Temi questions, "Okay, got Sparkles. Anyone else?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Ehhh little topic"

Temi claims, "Okay, if anyone else thinks of anything (Got Kuzco) - let us know and we'll add you onto the list."

Temi states, "I'll go ahead and start with the staff topics. Unfortunately, not any big updates today. Some building and plots stuff. Crates are salvagable. Will continue to be busy this time of year."

Kuzco (REDACTED) declaims, "Marketing meeting!"

Temi states, "Yep, attended the marketing meeting as well. Though Kin did most of the effort on getting that together. She may have some more to show us at some point soon, so feel free to eagerly await"

Temi grins.

Temi questions, "Alright, Viridis, any update for us?"

Viridis declaims, "I've been dealing with some pretty exciting RL things these past two weeks. I'm semi-settled now and happy to get back to TI:L. Demons and a little mage love are on my plate. Feel free to shoot me thoughts on either!"

Temi nods in agreement.

Temi exclaims, "Very excited to see what Viridis does with them!"

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "Not literal thinks tho"

Kitty (REDACTED) claims, "Party pooper."

Temi states, "At least not without warning to check them."

Temi grins at Kuzco (REDACTED).

Kuzco (REDACTED) nods.

Temi muses, "Okay, Eos?"

Eos declares, "Salem and I introduced 41 new optional colors into the game (help colors) and we have fiddled with them the whole week - they're finalized now. We'll be resuming the work on dual guilding now. Otherwise I've been busy working through the player event logs sent my way. Please send me more! :) "

Temi claims, "If you have xterm on, the item this week is using new color codes."

Anonymous (REDACTED) claims, "Ah"

Anonymous (REDACTED) claims, "Yes"

Anonymous (REDACTED) declaims, "There is also an item in one of the almhouse rooms that uses the new xterm colors. The glory of gradients!"

Kitty (REDACTED) states, "Oh, very pretty, yes. I had to do that."

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "Glory to brown"

Temi claims, "But Eos and Salem definitely took a lot of time to get the colors up to snuff and they are looking awesome! Hopefully people will enjoy that."

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "Some proper leather armor at last"

Kuzco (REDACTED) exclaims, "So congrats on both of you!"

Sparkles (REDACTED) states, "Coffee will look great now."

Sparkles (REDACTED) claps.

Eos claims, "Thank you <3"

Temi states, "Now, be careful not to make your items look too tasty, or Eos is gonna eat her monitor."

Anonymous (REDACTED) says, "I may have already failed at that"

Viridis says, "I wonder if the Merchants are ready for the flood of new orders"

Anonymous (REDACTED) states, "No promises"

Eos may already be salivating.

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "Omg coffee"

Kalana (I mean...) exclaims, "Ready and willing!"

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "Horse dung too"

Anonymous (REDACTED) claims, "My appetite has just vanished"

Anonymous (REDACTED) states, "Thanks kuzco"

Eos claims, "The orange range makes me so hungry though."

Kalana (I mean...) states, "And slowly updating stuff in my shop to use updated codes"

Kalana (I mean...) states, "Copper really needs it."

Temi muses to Eos, "Anyway! Thanks Eos. Anything else?"

Salem has returned from AFK.

Salem queries, "I'm back. What did I miss?"

Eos says, "I will put hearths into inns :) "

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "Ohhhh I wanna order a new outfit then"

Eos states, "That's it from my side."

Temi claims to Salem, "Right in time for your turn! We were just doing staff updates and Eos told them about all the lovely colors."

Viridis says, "Ah, good point: if people see inns/inn rooms without beds and things, let me know. I've got strings somewhere for other rooms I fixed."

Kuzco (REDACTED) muses, "Wait inns have beds? coded beds?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "It's a brave new wormd"

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "World even"

Viridis claims, "A brave new worm"

Sparkles (REDACTED) claims, "Some do, some don't."

Temi declares, "If not, let Viridis know!"

Kitty (REDACTED) claims, "Dirty beds."

Eos wiggles bravely.

Anonymous (REDACTED) says, "Don't run a blacklight over them"

Temi has transferred Kimaris (I mean...). [OOC]

Temi gives a carved hairstick with a blazing star and bird of paradise to Kimaris (I mean...).

Temi muses to Salem, "Any update this week?"

Salem claims, "Yeah. I buggfixed the new colors all week. If anything comes up please, bug board it. Otherwise I'm doing dual guilding and stuff."

Kuzco (REDACTED) pontificates, "Great work!"

Eos says, "There was quite a few crashes before we got it all to work, so great job Salem for making it all run smoothly and optimized"

Temi says, "Excellent, we'll be excited to see the dual guilding - though to warn people, guilds touch a lot of systems where the code needs updated. It won't be a quick turnaround"

Temi asks, "Alright... I think that's all the staff we've got here today. Player Heartbeat! How's RP been this week?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "I've been busy but I liked the funeral"

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "REDACTED got teary and blew his nose on REDACTED's cloak"

Anonymous (REDACTED) states, "I sadly missed it"

Viridis states, "I had some really good scenes this week while in my player hat."

Kalana (I mean...) claims, "Not ventured into a lot of RP, but I've been trying to get ready for an event for folks and working on touching up items with new colors."

Sparkles (REDACTED) sniffles.

Wimpled (REDACTED) says, "There will be more memorial fun tomorrow for those that missed the funeral."

GeeBee (REDACTED) says, "I had lots of fun! And thanks to everyone who helped arranged Tua's funeral pt.1."

Temi asks of Wimpled (REDACTED), "Great - there will be criers or information posted about how and where?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "And I run The Silver Horde after here"

Wimpled (REDACTED) claims, "There's a rumor out and post on the general board, but it will basically be over the course of the day in the camp."

Temi pontificates to Kuzco (REDACTED), "Nice, thank you! We've heard lots of good things about it from everyone who's participated"

Temi nods at Wimpled (REDACTED).

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "Thanks. I try."

Wimpled (REDACTED) states, "Travel west gate, travel encampment"

Temi states, "Excellent"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) is idle.

Temi has transferred Cat (REDACTED). [OOC]

Temi gives a carved hairstick with a blazing star and bird of paradise to Cat (REDACTED).

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "Thanks to the charalins for the funeral work and rp"

Temi queries, "Sounds like folks have been enjoying themselves. Anything bugging anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "The funeral was very nice."

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "Thanks muchly to tpb Octavia for that."

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Nothing to whine about"

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "Just my topic."

Temi claims, "Well, that's good news."

Temi muses, "On to player topics then. Sparkles?"

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "So I know this is a topic that I've kind of touched on before and sometimes it might just need to be a reminder but ... a reminder about I'm not sure on the proper word, tone? In public spaces. Spikes of negativity can be kind of morale dampening."

Temi asks, "Meaning RP or like OOC and visnet?"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) agrees.

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "Say OOC chat and Visnet."

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "People can be as cranky as they want to as characters in RP."

Temi nods in agreement.

Sparkles (REDACTED) trails off, "But in osays/OOC/Visnet ... "

Kitty (REDACTED) claims, "I admit that I don't really have OOC on much of... ever."

Wimpled (REDACTED) says, "Me either. "

Temi says, "I haven't seen a lot of negativity in OOC mediums, but maybe it hasn't corresponded with the times I'm on, or I'm too inured to it now."

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Temi's war jaded"

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Like the gif of the dog and the cupcakes"

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "But yeah that sucks"

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "It could be, it could also be a variance in sensitivity or such. But just as a thought while we are working on getting new players, retaining players, encouraging excitement etc, just a general think on it."

Kuzco (REDACTED) nods.

Temi says, "Definitely, we want especially visnet to be friendly and welcoming and positive."

Cat (REDACTED) states, "Yeah. I saw complains about the system, that honestly should be in a staff request or bug board. Not OOC chat."

Temi says, "OOC there's a little more leeway, but just griping on there does nobody a lot of good"

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "If there's actual problems, let us know on the bug or typo board."

Temi states, "If there's things working correctly but creating problems, this can be a great time to talk about them, or a request board to bring them up here if you won't be able to attend."

Temi says, "Or on the forums is also good for discussions on things among players."

Eos states, "Oh, by the way - thanks to all the players who participated in the forum talks about colors! It helped us a lot in fleshing it all out."

Eos claims, "And also in how to structure the helpfile better"

Temi claims, "Request board is not good for changes you'd like to see to code or such. It's more of a checklist for staff to do things that are needing to be done - building stuff, etc."

Temi nods in agreement with Eos.

Salem claims, "Yeah. Eos did the color configuration, while I did the backbone of it. It was great effort. Thank you everyone."

Temi pontificates, "Yeah, lots of good suggestions to make use of there!"

Sparkles (REDACTED) claims, "Very excited by the colors."

Eos is happy to hear that!

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "I am pleased with the addition of the colors. I know a lot pushed for a full 156, but I do find that a bit overwhelming. I this is a nice compromise."

Temi trails off, "We did decide to extend past the letters to numbers to encompass stuff... so... we're just hoping it's not too intimidating for people less confident in coloring"

Temi says, "I know that you power users will be delighted, though."

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "I think in fairness folks who are intimidated tend to be no matter how many colors."

Viridis claims, "Maybe we can convince our Super Stringers to write up a guide. There's a lot to be said for practice being a lot of fun, too"

Temi says, "That's possible too.. and that could be great."

Temi says, "There's some old threads on how to do appealing strings too with colors, that could use some new suggestions now"

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "I meant to say 256. And no, adding some numbers shouldn't be too much of a stretch. (And I'm not intimidated by any number of colors, but whoa for 256. It's a lot.)"

Viridis says, "I know the forum post you mean Temi. They've got good advice that applies with the expanded colors too"

Sparkles (REDACTED) questions, "Is whoever helped update the stringer tool still active?"

Temi states, "I don't think so"

Sparkles (REDACTED) claims, "Ah."

Temi states, "Eos was talking about managing something though"

Eos says, "Mhm, one that helps especially with coloring. So all you need to do is transfer the strings into the old tool after setting the colors."

Salem grins. "I can help take that thing apart."

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "That string thing is missing things like @use and @smell, I think, and it'd be nice to add those."

Eos states, "I might consider just adding the functionality of the old tool, then"

Temi claims, "We'll see what comes of that then. Seems like there's definitely an appetite for it"

Temi questions, "Alright. Kuzco, you had a small topic?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "I want a roasted pig recipe. I only have the cockentrice to work with and it's weird and a little meta to restring it as a roasted pig."

Kuzco (REDACTED) nods.

Deedee (REDACTED) claims, "I made some upates to the string tool"

Temi claims, "We can look at it"

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Thanks T"

Sparkles (REDACTED) states, "There should be a glorious roasted pig object somewhere ... whatever the one the guy at the Crow's Nest used to sell."

Temi nods in agreement.

Deedee (REDACTED) claims, "Be sure you're using the most current one: http://ti-legacy.com/inquisition-tool.html "

Temi says, "Yep, I created that script, I think, way back when. Should still be around."

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "I didn't know about the new address."

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "I'd love if that went back somewhere."

GeeBee (REDACTED) is no longer idle.

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "Can see about finding it"

Temi wonders, "Okay, Heresy Agenda, you had a small topic?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) wonders, "REDACTED can you pboard that?"

Deedee (REDACTED) claims, "Sure"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) declaims, "Yes, I wanted to say starting this Sunday around 3 pm server time there will be drinking games in the Queen's Inn and everyone is invited!"

Kuzco (REDACTED) states to Deedee (REDACTED), "Thanks"

Sparkles (REDACTED) asks, "Will that overlap with the other event going on?"

Kitty (REDACTED) claims, "The other event is all day."

Sparkles (REDACTED) nods.

Kitty (REDACTED) states, "So, people can legitimately come and go."

Temi nods.

Kuzco (REDACTED) exclaims, "Great!"

Sparkles (REDACTED) declaims, "Fun times all over the place then!"

Temi claims, "Should be fine to take a break for some drinking games then"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) finishes abruptly, "Yea its a little awkward ic-ly but - suspense of disbelief or something"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) claims, "For me, that is. its awkward for me."

Temi questions, "Okay, anyone else have any topics or things they want to talk about?"

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "And one or the other might not just be for everyone, so gives them another place to go. Or, you know, alts. Etc."

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "I have a slight idea."

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "I have nothing."

Temi wonders to Sparkles (REDACTED), "Oh?"

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "So I know there's been a discussion about 'flicker logging' and I'd like to propose kind of a thought. I think something that might during times of lower logins assist encouraging people to stay on might be some ... 'stuff' for folks to do until RP pops up. I know at one point we had the jobs system and I know that had it's own problems for various reasons. But ... I do wonder if some things in a similiar vein particularly for more 'service' type RPers might give folks stuff to keep busy with so they are present on grid."

Temi asks, "Does that sort of thing appeal to folks?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) states, "I'd be willing to hear ideas on it."

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) asks, "Can you elaborate?"

Sparkles (REDACTED) claims, "It's something I've spotted a lot of games have some way for folks to basically help NPCs. So for Bards it might be ... playing to a crowd in the Queens and for Physicians helping to heal NPCs. Or for Reeves ... going on a patrol. But I do think ways to do some 'stuff' and maybe get pool that isn't 'spam alone in a corner' might be helpful. "

Cat (REDACTED) trails off, "I would like some NPC Muggers, thiefs or something. auto generated crime? Something for the Reeves to do when the Player crimes are low or to give the Brotherhood some leeway to hide their stuff with mundane goings on. It might be too much to ask though..."

Anonymous (REDACTED) states, "As former Epion, I'd have killed for a way to summon a wounded NPC for either myself or another member I was teaching to practice medicine on"

Sparkles (REDACTED) claims, "Well there are the NPCs that load with low Lawfulness but yeah things kind of like that."

Kalana (I mean...) says, "As a merchant, I usually have plenty of things I could be doing online if not RPing - usually too much - so probably not the main target of that sort of thing."

Kuzco (REDACTED) claims, "Checkpoints to fulfill for reeves and knights"

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "Yeah crafters have 'stuff to craft' as their built in thing."

Cat (REDACTED) claims, "Yeah."

Sparkles (REDACTED) states, "But for folks whose main activity is RP focused when there isn't RP to do you ... kind of have nothing to do sometimes."

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) stares at her never ending log of things to craft.

Kitty (REDACTED) trails off, "Sister game has 'patroling' for law-types. I know we've borrowed some code from them before - I'm sure it'd have to be tweaked, but..."

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "I've seen it handled in some places by hard-coded systems or sometimes by crafts. If you wanted to make things Guild specific sometimes you could have crafts that require an item from the Guild only shop."

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "As for Merchants or Crafters I imagine 'sell junk to NPCs' for even a tiny amount of silver might address some item bloat."

Cat (REDACTED) wonders, "Like fencing it at ables but in the honest variaty?"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) claims, "I would totes sell my 100000 velvet corsets for 1 silver each"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) says, "Just. Make them go. Please."

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) plays a sad kazoo.

Viridis states, "Winter is coming. Xterm is here. You might sell them for higher."

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) claims, "Takes tooling and tooling is time"

Temi queries, "What do you think of an idea like... for time spent idling in public rooms, a task of their guild's type might spawn?"

Kuzco (REDACTED) says, "Be back in 15"

Kuzco (REDACTED) has gone AFK.

Kitty (REDACTED) claims, "Not everyone is guilded."

Temi questions, "So if the Reeves spend a long time hanging out at the tavern with no one to RP with, maybe a report comes in of an NPC mugger?"

Viridis asks, "Akin to a pvent quest?"

Sparkles (REDACTED) says, "I like that."

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) claims, "Yea I'd like it akin to a pvent quest"

Temi says, "Sort of, but also as a reward for being available for RP."

Sparkles (REDACTED) claims, "It would be a reward for 'Hey I tried'"

Viridis nods.

Temi claims, "And theoretically a time when you were wishing you had more to do."

Kitty (REDACTED) asks, "So would there be somethign for those who are unguilded?"

Temi claims, "Whereas if you're idling in private, maybe you're not idling, maybe you're crafting."

Sparkles (REDACTED) muses, "Are we generally encouraging folks to be unguilded?"

Temi states, "Hard to say what would be a duty for an unguilded person to handle"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) claims, "Would work very well for bards, play your instrument to an NPC audience, if someone comes in, action and rp echo so it fits"

Kitty (REDACTED) claims, "They shouldn't be excluded from getting a reward for being available for RP just because they aren't guilded."

Sparkles (REDACTED) queries, "Maybe there could be some racial or just generic ones?"

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "There can be a lot of reasons to choose not to guild."

Anonymous (REDACTED) exclaims, "Race Task: Go harass the Tuboris!"

Viridis applauds Anon.

Temi claims, "Maybe, just harder to come up with ideas."

Eos states, "Maybe we could open a board with suggestions for non guild related tasks."

Wimpled (REDACTED) says, "Eat Vavardi babies. "

Kitty (REDACTED) points to Wimpled (REDACTED) with a nod.

Temi claims, "Sounds like there's support for the idea though, so will add it to the staff lists to discuss"

Sparkles (REDACTED) cries about all her poor Vavardi babies.

Anonymous (REDACTED) states, "Vavardi babies"

Wimpled (REDACTED) claims, "You'll appreciate your uneaten ones all the more, Sparkles."

Anonymous (REDACTED) states, "They taste like wine and french food"

Kitty (REDACTED) says, "Less money to feed them if we eat a few."

Temi asks, "Alright, well, we are out of time, any last quick comments before I send everyone back?"

Sparkles (REDACTED) declaims, "Anyways thanks for listening to the idea!"

Temi exclaims, "Alright. Sending folks back! Off to RP with you!"

TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) says, "Y'all have a nice day and tons of fun :)"

GeeBee (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Kimaris (I mean...) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
TheHeresyAgenda (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Cat (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Deedee (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Sparkles (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Kuzco (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Kalana (I mean...) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Wimpled (REDACTED) has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]