Log of OOC Meeting - 2020/10/17

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Temi says, "Alright, so, agenda for today: 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topics."

Kitty states, "I have been struggling with my connection, so not the best idea for me to do it. MUDs have stayed connected, but everything else hasn't. And no telling when that will decide to change."

Temi queries, "Does anyone have any topics to get on the list while we're here?"

Kuzco claims, "No senora"

Temi states, "I was just asking if anyone has topics for the player topics today."

Sparkles states, "I have a topic."

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Deedee queries, "Perhaps we could discuss some of the ongoing forum topics?"

Temi muses, "Anyone else? Or you can just let me know when you think of something"

Temi nods at Deedee.

Temi states, "If you'd like to bring one in particular up"

Temi trails off, "Okay. Staff update then! Since it looks like just me at the moment..."

Kuzco nods at Deedee.

Temi states, "I've been prepping a weekend at the Daravi front event for November"

Deedee states, "There's one on baddies policies, and one on mage/knight balancing, whichever sounds better to dicuss"

Deedee states, "Oooh"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Everyone will be working together to strategize and command the troops - I published an initial draft of the rules for other staff comments, but the general plan is for people who wouldn't be there ICly to be able to create NPCs for it"

Sparkles claims, "Eep."

Tasker wonders, "Will only normies be able to get involved? I.E, not mages?"

Temi states, "I'll provide the plans to players ahead of time so you know what to expect, but I'd like some other staff comments first"

Kuzco states, "You mean decent folk"

Tasker states, "Decent folk, yeah. "

Sparkles says, "Asks the man asking in Daravi."

Tasker states, "Oh shit rumbled"

Temi claims, "I am not planning any special options for known mages, and I'm not planning to support players playing for the Daravi side"

Kuzco exclaims, "Sounds good T! A fun thing"

Tasker claims, "Alrighty. "

Temi says, "But undercover mages will have some options"

Temi states, "Or, rather, undercover Daravi sympathizers"

Anonymous claims, "Will this event be potentially lethal to characters"

Kuzco claims, "Yeah who'd want to play for the polygamy team >.>"

GeeBee claims, "Daravi front! Sounds exciting."

Deedee says, "Kuz is Davite in the streets, Daravi in the sheets."

Temi finishes abruptly, "Not planning on it being lethal to player characters - though you could volunteer for it if you wanted"

Anonymous states, "I do not want to volunteer for that. lol."

Kuzco states, "Duraina died in such a plot"

Kuzco claims, "Voluntarily blasted to a gory pulp"

Anonymous claims, "Kaboom"

Temi claims, "But for the most part it will be strategy rather than actual combat, based on the current plans"

Anonymous says, "Sadface. the one thing I'm good at is bashing skulls."

Temi finishes abruptly, "I've also got a proposal out for how items can be contributed to projects - to support things like weapons drives for the Reeves to help a lawfulness project, etc"

Temi says, "But that also hasn't been reviewed by other staff eyt"

Sparkles says, "Nice."

Temi states, "For other changes... let me see if there's anything interesting on the changes board. I think Az has mostly done some bug fizes"

Temi says, "Looks like theres a tiny prestige bonus for being Lithmorran now"

Temi states, "And Niamh has added some small things ported over"

Deedee muses, "Is she working on bringing extended colors over?"

Temi claims, "No"

Temi states, "They are not stable"

Deedee states, "Ah"

Anonymous claims, "Ive found prestige to be pretty much impossible to gain, and i have 200 in taxes, and get a load of IP every cycle. i dunno what the decay rate on it all is but it seems like no one who isn't noble or noble-like can outpace it"

Sparkles states, "I'm pretty sure that's part of the point."

Anonymous says, "If so... then why even have the system at all for non-nobles. cut out the commoner society version and just have it matter for nobles"

Temi says, "At least last we discussed it"

Sparkles wonders, "Have you used tithing?"

Anonymous states, "Nah. for various reasons, the main one being that i cant gauge how much silver equals how much prestige"

Deedee says, "I think it's doable with tithing + celebration"

Kuzco claims, "Use tithe. I tithed 200s for like 2 years."

Temi says, "It is primarily noble-geared but there's definitely room for others"

Kitty queries, "Doesn't it specifically say in the helpfile how much gains a point?"

Kuzco says, "1 prestige every 200s"

Anonymous states, "For tithe it says variable gain"

Temi queries, "Alright then, moving on to player heartbeat... how's RP been this week folks?"

Kalana says, "It's seemed pretty slow when I've been around, hard to find other people available for RP"

Kuzco declaims, "It's been a slow week! folks haven't been connecting much"

Anonymous claims, "I don't wanna be a downer for the second time in such a short period, but absolutely dead as a doornail. I think the average rp time on activity is 2 hours, and im at around 3"

Kuzco states, "I had unusually high workload but"

Kuzco claims, "BUT"

Kuzco says, "I'm gonna try to run an ST next week"

Tasker states, "Trying to find a way for my characters to get on grid again"

Kimaris says OOCly, "Quiet."

Temi nods.

Kuzco claims, "A series of STs if all goes well"

Anonymous says, "I am intrigued"

Temi says, "I bet people will really appreciate that"

Temi says, "We've still seen a good turn out for events, even while other things have been slower"

Kuzco claims, "Yeah I think so"

Temi asks, "Does anyone have any ideas why it's been so quiet?"

Kuzco says, "I wanna do many to cater to different tastes and skillsets"

Kuzco claims, "Well T, I think people are a bit bored and a bit jaded from recent ooc nastiness"

Temi wonders, "Anything bothering you beyond just the normal slump and then it being harder to find RP and so just.. less incentive to log in?"

Temi nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco claims, "We need to sshhhhhaaaake it baby"

Kuzco questions, "When do you think we'll have the royal wedding?"

Tasker says, "I just got a bit disillusioned about the stagnation of TI a little bit, there's not really been any meaningful changes to the story for... well, as long as I've been playing. Eventually, it gets a little stale. So that's why I'm not around much these days, I'm trying to get back into it, but it's difficult."

Kimaris claims, "Feels like things are in a holding pattern atm."

Deedee states, "I've just been super busy IRL. few times I have had time to play, few if anyone on"

Kinaed says OOCly, "...er, sorry. Wasn't watching the clock."

Temi says, "I haven't conferred yet with the players who are doing preparations for the wedding to set a time"

Temi states, "But I think they are pretty close to ready"

Temi claims, "Unfortunately, I'll be gone the last weekend in October, so that means we likely wont be able to make October happen even if they are ready"

Temi claims, "Sorry, the last week"

Kuzco says, "Maybe it's a mexican standoff with people waiting on you and you waiting on them, T"

Kuzco says, "I'd just get the ball rolling and make them adapt or die"

Sparkles claims, "I'd say that feels accurate that everyone assumes it's someone else's call on a date/time."

Temi says, "Then they should consider my saying 'when would you like to do this?' a shot fired."

Kuzco claims, "Good point"

Kuzco dies

Anonymous claims, "I've noticed that the people who would be logically in charge of when hasn't really been online"

Temi wonders to Kinaed, "Any staff update? We were just doing player heartbeat and I've got one topic from Sparkles and a rough suggestion from Deedee to talk about forum topics"

Kinaed says, "Hmm. I was talking to a marketer the other day and have invited staff and the player who runs our Facebook stuff to meet with her - I need to firm up the date/time. Also, Staff have rostered a few quests, but I'm looking for something a bit more consistent as players have requested more consistent storytelling. Hmm. No policy cases last week, things are okay if a bit quiet."

Kinaed says, "On my desk: still Turf Wars. "

Kinaed states, "And I'd be keen to have a staff meeting today, but it appears key staff are missing - our talking points list is getting pretty long."

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me at the moment. THanks :)"

Temi queries, "Okay then. Let's move on to player topics. Sparkles?"

Sparkles claims, "So this is kind of related to what everyone is talking about in general, but the quieter grind and lower log in times etc, and ... while I'm certain things will wax and wane especially with more STs or events, I'm kind of having a think about the number of coded systems that rely on frankly, more activity or online times."

Temi nods.

Sparkles states, "Because my concern is start sort of a cascade of issues during a time we honestly don't have the active playerbase to deal with it."

Kinaed states, "None of those are onerous (show your face and play for 1 hour per week is enough), and were primarily installed to tell us when high power characters have gone too inactive to be effective in their roles, particularly GLs. It fixed a long term, very endemic problem on Old TI."

Anonymous asks, "Which coded systems are you talking about?"

Kuzco says, "GL support"

Kuzco claims, "City metrics"

Kuzco says, "Mage pyrings"

Kinaed queries, "Pyrings?"

Kuzco >_>

Kuzco states, "J/k"

Kinaed says, "Mostly support and GL barometer are the main things activity plays into."

Kinaed claims, "That's when you type 'guildleaders'."

Anonymous claims, "Mkay"

Kinaed says, "If a GL is inactive for 4 in six weeks, their support levels drop."

Temi questions to Sparkles, "Did you have specific things in mind you think are also getting affected?"

Kuzco states, "But at the same time"

Kinaed claims, "Inactive players' support and subverts are also culled from calculations."

Kinaed states, "I think that's about it."

Kuzco says, "If the guild has no active members other than the GL, they lose a lotta support"

Anonymous claims, "Uh oh"

Kinaed claims, "Being inactive for 4ish weeks can allow other players who are around and have a specific interest in your RP to request a wrap up."

Kinaed claims, "I think that's about it."

Kinaed says, "Oh, it plays into whether you earn silver weekly."

Amy is idle.

Kinaed states, "You can still earn it, but you have to request it rather than auto pay."

Kuzco states, "I have a tiny topic too"

Temi claims to Kuzco, "I don't expect that should actively count against them, though, just doesn't count for them when others might be against them"

Kuzco nods.

Temi nods at Kuzco.

Sparkles says, "I think for me, I'm more concerned with things like ... if we are going into more plots/events/quest and things like Metrics (hard to get more people to vote if other people aren't about) or GL support ratings start being counted for some of these things."

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "I'm sorry, I'm not following what you're saying."

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "Can you give me an example of what you mean and what the concern is?"

Kuzco claims, "I can think of one"

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "Sure :)"

Kuzco claims, "When I was Seneschal some of my plots factored in my support towards success"

Kuzco claims, "Ie: calling the royal bannermen"

Kinaed wonders, "How does this link to the activity query?"

Anonymous says, "I think the idea is that with a lot of people inactive, GL's support will drop as the inactive people's support/subvert is no longer counted"

Kuzco says, "If there are less players/guild members to give me support, then I can't succeed at the plot -- even if it's just an inactive pbase"

Anonymous says, "Or I could have it completely wrong. Nots ure"

Kinaed says, "Ahh."

Kuzco says, "And not because I haven't been trying or playing my cards right"

Temi claims, "If activity is down across the board, you also won't have people against you to lower it down"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco says, "True, but I think support is much more frequent than subvert"

Kuzco wonders, "Plus who could ever want to subvert Norr?"

Kinaed states, "It'll reduce the size of impacts, but doesn't really remove anything."

Anonymous trails off, "Oh, you know...."

Anonymous states, "People"

Anonymous says, ";)"

Temi finishes abruptly, "And city metrics are based on total numbers of votes - not total possible, so each person who is still involved will have a bigger impact"

Kuzco states, "Well."

Kuzco states, "Less nobles means less projects."

Temi claims, "And I don't think we've been requiring specific levels of GL approval for anything lately"

Kuzco states, "I do roughly 40 per cent of all of TI's projects"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Sparkles states, "Anyways, I didn't know all of the exact mathematics there but it's been noticeable to me so thought I'd mention it."

Kinaed claims, "I think when any game has a low pbase, it can't bring certain things to fruition."

Anonymous says, "Well, if my idea to make projects available to GLs as well as nobles goes through, I will be making some too"

Anonymous states, "Or... well, there's always opening noble applications. Or actually using ennoble."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, that's an item on Staff Talking points :)"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Obviously, more activity does more stuff, and the more things going on, the better, but I think we're most concerned about the potential for less activity making more activity harder - rather than just the impacts of low activity"

Kuzco states, "Anon Subtle"

Amy is no longer idle.

Anonymous says, "I'm known for my subtlety"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "I think this is something staff need to consider and potentially analyze"

Kuzco asks, "Should we move on then?"

Temi nods.

Temi queries, "Kuzco, short topic?"

Kinaed claims, "We'll put it on Staff Topics though."

Kuzco says, "Deedee had her topic first"

Deedee claims, "Between the two forum topics, I think this segues well into the one about attracting new players"

Temi asks, "Deedee was just suggesting chatting about the forum topics, rather than bringing something specific up, unless she does want to specifically bring one of them up now?"

Kuzco says, "Oh well. I just want to know when Cassilda's liquidation will be resolved =3 We need to elect a new Seneschal and the whole game suffers from the lack of it."

Temi states, "Her liquidation was rejected as actively stirring up shit before she liquidated"

Kuzco says, "She put another one"

Philly trails off, "Then she... applied again"

Temi claims, "Which Kin rejected again"

Kuzco declaims, "It's Pending!"

Kuzco says, "But alright."

Kinaed states, "That's a bug."

Kuzco claims, "Rude"

Kuzco grins.

Kuzco says, "Okay. I'll handle it."

Temi says, "But yeah, she's eligible for ousting"

Kinaed states, "That said, I'm surprised no one has gambited her. Regardless, the code will kick her out when she hits a threshold of inactivity around 4 weeks."

Kuzco declaims, "Thanks for answering!"

Temi says, "I asked her if she just wanted to step down from Seneschal and she only wanted the rage quit."

Anonymous claims, "I'm making a real life charisma check right now."

Anonymous claims, "Okay good, I made the check. You get spared a rant."

Deedee says, "Temi, do try to keep it civil here (even if the player didn't)"

Philly says, "If I remember from the forum log, there was a discussion about cyan guildleaders last month. I believe some people felt uncomfortable gambiting an unestablished player."

Kinaed says, "No, she couldn't be gambited for 2 weeks from entry because staff don't process gambits on new GLs for 2 weeks to allow establishment. It's just our policy."

Kinaed claims, "I understand a couple of people wanted to gambit her, but just... didn't? Which is why I'm surprised it hasn't happened."

Temi says to Deedee, "I believe that's a civil recounting of what she said to us."

Deedee states, "We did gambit out another cyan in recent memory"

Kinaed claims, "But the code has generous thresholds in place, and it'll do the job sooner or later. Those thresholds sort of say when staff feel it's appropriate to intervene, though we do have a Staff Talking Point about whether we should adjust those thresholds based on if players say they're leaving, etc."

Kinaed says, "Just not in the first 2 weeks of office, or maybe that gambit was what instilled the policy? I don't remember who it was, etc."

Deedee claims, "Was after 2 weeks I think"

Temi nods.

Sparkles wonders, "Is that for someone new in the position overall or just if they are also cyan?"

Deedee states, "Forget her name. Luc-something-ta. the grand inquisitor"

Kinaed states, "With regards to 'rage quits' - jargon aside, we're used to people getting upset about things and saying they don't want to return, then coming back a week later, so we tend to disregard 'highly emotional rhetoric about quitting when things aren't going in a way that a person wants'."

Anonymous says, "Lucretia"

Kinaed states, "So we don't process those things based on the rhetoric."

Temi claims, "New in positions at all, not necessarily just cyan"

Kinaed says, "I believe Lucretia was in office for more than 2 OOC weeks."

Temi states, "We do believe cyan should give players a chance to figure out how to do things, but does not absolve them of all poor handling of things post that figuring out"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Deedee states, "She was yes, but she was still cyan which was the point I was making"

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, cyan has nothing to do with the 2 week policy."

Deedee claims, "At least I think she was still cyan when the gambit started"

Philly claims, "I'm not claiming that people -won't- oust cyans. Just that they are more reticent to do so, even outside the 2 week period."

Kinaed claims, "I believe she as cyan when she was ousted, yes."

Temi claims, "The 2 weeks is primarily so people are getting ousted based on what they are doing in office, not just because people didn't want them to get it (but they did)"

Temi nods at Philly.

Sparkles states, "I'd might argue that the use of 'highly emotional rhetoric about quitting' should be seen as violation of like ... I'm not certain, OOC cohersion on IC goings on but that might be a different conversation."

Kinaed claims, "I might adjust help cyan to clarify cyans are not protected from the consequences of their actions, and specifically ousting someone who is cyan is fine provided it is for IC reasons."

Kimaris is idle.

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "You'd be surprised about how emotional players can get about their characters, and it's hard to know if someone is having a bad time OOCly, etc. Some very rational people still occasionally get upset about things. Being upset isn't a crime or anything."

Kinaed claims, "Harassing people, being inappropriate on channels, etc - that'll get you in trouble. Yelling "I quit!" won't."

Temi asks of Kinaed, "We did get a little bit of a late start - did we want to continue a little later? Not sure if we have any competing time commitments"

Anonymous claims, "I'm fine staying and listening to more"

Deedee states, "I'm fine for more"

Kinaed states, "I'm not sure if people are finding this particular line of discussion valuable, but I'm fine to stick around for a bit."

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "I'm sorry if I held people up - deepest apologies."

Deedee asks, "So to the topic I was going to pull up- https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2329"

Temi nods at Deedee.

Temi wonders, "Can you summarize quickly for us here?"

Deedee asks, "What do we think of current policy for shady stuff?"

Deedee queries, "Too difficult? fine as is?"

Kinaed states, "Hmm. I read that."

Temi states, "I don't think it's too tough and people seem to manage alright, but I don't know if there are people who decide not too manage, and how many of them"

Kinaed states, "Quick summary - some people feel cnotes are onerous and potentially having to have them is detrimental to play."

Tasker says, "I've got a small topic/question for staff at the end if there is time. "

Anonymous claims, "Having literally never done crime stuff, i can't really comment on this. but it does seem to me like doing away with cnotes will make reeve/knight investigations next to impossible"

Kinaed says, "I went to reply to it to correct some misassumptions, but I was at work. Key one is that people feel all PKs are contested, which is actually fairly rare."

Kinaed says, "However, what is not rare is people asking me if something is IC legit and my checking cnotes to confirm whether there's something IC behind a problem. We get them about 1-2 times per month."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Philly says, "Cnotes don't need to be gorgeous works of art. I have plenty that are just "my character is doing X to Y and Z is why" in a few sentences."

Kinaed nods at Philly.

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed states, "They've been instrumental in proving a lot of cases that would simply be he-said, she-said otherwise."

Temi states, "I have never been disappointed to see short and to the point cnotes."

Temi grins.

Anonymous says, "I suddenly feel bad now because a lot of my cnotes are like short stories"

Anonymous trails off, "Granted that they aren't about crime stuff but... "

Kinaed claims to Anonymous, "More never bothers me."

Deedee claims, "There's a lot more than that that's required by the helpfule"

Sparkles states, "I think people might equate any questions as being contested."

Kinaed states, "I think they also have utility to players themselves when they want to look things up about their play also."

Temi says, "Do not feel bad about that either - but if it's the feeling you -have- to do that, that's a problem"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Most PKs aren't even questioned."

Anonymous says, "I don't have to. I just do it to be thorough. And because I'm terminally incapable of writing ANYTHING succinctly, as anyone who has ever received a letter from me will know"

Kuzco returns to the phone

Deedee nods at Anonymous.

Kinaed muses, "It's actually earlier than that when questions come in, usually around investigations or 'how did player X know I did Y?'"

Kuzco nods.

Temi claims, "Yeah, most concerned about other players who aren't doing things, because they think that will be needed."

Deedee questions, "Perhaps a revision to the helpfile would be in order then?"

Temi muses, "Do people get that impression? If there's no issue, don't need to"

Kinaed says, "It's been used to definitively prove, for example, that people really did have IC reason to know a character had renamed, when the player who renamed categorically claimed they'd done nothing to show it, and it was OOC on the parts of the people investigating, for example."

Kinaed muses, "Revision to the help file in what way?"

Kuzco claims, "It's a life saver to check if your pc knew something, and how"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Temi states to Kinaed, "That cnotes don't have to be in depth novels"

Kuzco claims, "Or just as a reminder to yourself of some detail"

Kinaed states, "I can certainly add a line to it, yep."

Kinaed states, "I'm not sure why anyone would assume they have to be long since they're pretty explicit about what we're looking for when, but yep. Not a problem to add a line."

Kuzco says, "I tend to list new intel in bullet points"

Deedee claims, "Currently it lists as required:"

Deedee states, "1) How the character entered/left/and acted whilst on the premises.
2) What their goal was in enacting the burglary.
3) What mood was there previously.
4) The mood that was left afterwards.
5) Any special precautions they took to avoid capture.
"

Kinaed muses, "Is there more to discuss with cnotes? Did we want to ask what Tasker wanted to raise?"

Sparkles says, "I think that might be an aspect of ... I think an issue if I want to call it that ... is less about cnotes for shady things and more ... situations like the one just mentioned where it becomes such a ball of needing to prove things are IC and people continuing to protest they aren't, it can be actually just emotionally and mentally taxing to want to get into."

Kinaed says, "Oh, that's steal policy, not general cnotes."

Deedee says, "I see. I was speaking on steal policy"

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Temi states, "Policy battles can certainly be taxing"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Honestly, I don't think the documentation is the issue, because that's not really that hard. Rather, I think the reasons people don't tend to consistently play antagonists are as follows (and happy to be corrected, just my thoughts):

1) feeling protective of their character and being risk adverse
2) having some shitty code with regards to criminal skills - they're just bad and not enticing
3) people genuinely preferring to be low PVP - most social players prefer PvE"

Kinaed muses to Temi, "But when was the last time we had a policy battle re: steal that wasn't solved by 2 minutes looking at cnotes?"

Deedee states, "2 is probably a big one, yes"

Kinaed says, "Those aren't where our contentious policy battles tend to be."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kuzco says, "People don't want to hurt feelings and catch ooc flak"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco says, "I AM BUYING STOLEN GOODS WHILE BEING A REEVE"

Kuzco says, "Now go get wild"

Kinaed states, "Social players (ie, those who prefer RP) demographically tend to care what other people think simply because they are social."

Anonymous states, "Gasp"

Kitty points at Kuzco. "And, people don't like to be judged OOCly for their IG actions, but a lot of bleed has been common - hate someone's character, hate them OOCly, too. Which is unpleasant."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco claims, "Same deal for the Order I guess"

Kinaed trails off, "The number of times I've had to say something like "Joe isn't a jerk OOCly because his character Bob is a jerk" to people..."

Philly says, "Bleed sucks. Playing an Order antagonist can be rough."

Kuzco states, "But it's possible to be antagonistic without absolutely ruining people"

Kinaed nods at Philly.

Kuzco claims, "Take Elliot, an elite combat mage who just chased skirts and swatted knights away"

Anonymous states, "I feel like there's a bit too much focus on permanent antagonism. What I mean by that is that if you're an antagonist, you don't need to pkill or maim people to antangonize"

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Kuzco says, "Imma make a thief highwayman some day"

Kuzco exclaims, "'Oh you are foraging? You just found a ticket to the Madison!'"

Kitty says to Kuzco, "Very much same deal for the Order, yeah. Though part of that, too, is a lot of orderites "don't exist" in people's minds until they're needed for something, so casual RP isn't a thing. They are either needed, or they don't come up as an option in people's minds to RP with."

Deedee states, "Heh heh"

Anonymous claims, "Well yeah and the fact that orderites by and large have the power of life and death"

Philly declaims, "I was all for brands, penance and public shaming, but I do feel as though a large part of the Order's role -is- pkill. Pyring is such a part of theme.. this is why I totally advocate NPC pyrings!"

Anonymous questions, "So... I mean how many people want to invite a CIA spy hunter over for dinner? Not many"

Anonymous claims, "Even if they've done nothing wrong"

Kinaed claims, "I agree entirely. I tend to play antagonists that are perfectly normal, non-mages, non-order people... just because I'm a shit-stirrer. In fact, one of the interesting facets of RP is when you think you're being perfectly reasonable, and everyone else assumes that you're actively being a jerk. *cough*"

Philly states, "We don't need to be invited, Nony. We just show up to dinner right when we please."

Kinaed nods at Philly.

Kuzco claims, "CIA agents are terrific friends"

Anonymous claims, "Yeah well that just exacerbates the image problems of the order then lol"

Kuzco says, "Trust me"

Temi grins.

Kitty claims, "Befriending an orderite MIGHT save a life, at times. Just saying."

Kalana claims, "Definitely on board with inviting the CIA super agents over."

Kinaed says, "I dunno. I'm pretty sure most people who join the game find the 'find the mage' and 'battling oppression' theme exciting in theory. In practice, actually 'living it' is not as fun at all."

Sparkles states, "I also think that the label 'antagonists' tends to filter out the idea that everyone is probably the antagonist to one other person."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Temi claims, "Daily antagonism can be more fun and easier to support than people who are genuinely 'antagonists'"

Kinaed claims, "Or rather that conflict can arise from multiple protagonists in a story."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I think that's where our most interesting RP (beyond quests) arises from. People just being people."

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed says, "Okay, well -we've raised some problems. Any suggestions? One that I had recently was to start running DM-style quests so that the conflict is more PvE and towards/with NPCs rather than amongst the pbase."

Kuzco claims, "I'm on it chief."

Kinaed states, "I thought that was a good idea, which is why I'm trying to take concrete steps in getting storytelling consistently in game. It's hard though, because it's not a job for everyone, it requires a lot of time commitment, etc."

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Thank you. I saw that story submission."

Kuzco nods.

Deedee questions, "Do you think the thieves guild is workable currently?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm also thinking that we need to do something about our coding deficit. We tend to go through bouts when Az can do a lot of owrk, and dry spells, and we have long term projects sitting around that need movement. We have some new staff with coding capabilities, but setting them up is a bit of a todo item."

Kuzco claims, "Agreed"

Kuzco claims, "100 per cent"

Kinaed says, "We're also a bit gunshy of opening the code because of what happened with some previous staff, but I think it may need to be a leap of faith we just take."

Deedee nods.

Kuzco asks, "Maybe compartimentalise (is that written right?) the access to code?"

Kuzco claims, "Give someone magic code, someone else thief code"

Deedee states, "I doubt the code is in such shape that's feasible"

Kuzco states, "I am not a smart man"

Temi claims, "Yeah, I dont think that would be feasible without a lot more work we just don't have"

Kinaed claims, "I've been pondering maybe ... and I'm not sure if I should do this, so player thoughts might be worthwhile - offering maybe a 50 USD incentive to players willing to run stories up to 1 per month or something. But I'm worried that might be a bad idea."

Kinaed claims, "I can afford that in my budget, and maybe some people might like some spare cash."

Kuzco states, "It ceases to be a passion"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco claims, "But I'm married to a vavardi"

Kinaed claims, "That may be true for some, but I'm not sure if that's true for everyone. :)"

Kuzco nods.

Kitty trails off, "I am not so sure about that. Offered money does bring those willing... to make money, but not necessarily those willing to put in decent time and work and have a good quality outcome"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kuzco muses, "Ok dinner time! Kin, beam me back?"

Kinaed states, "That's why I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not."

Kuzco has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Deedee says, "Probably in-game rewards would be more appropriate"

Kitty states, "I really don't think so. Monetary incentive =/= quality return."

Kinaed says, "Happy to hear any other thoughts, of course. However, we are over our hour."

Tasker claims, "Can I shuffle in my small (big) topic? Does not need a big discussion, just a yae or nae from staff or adding to talking points."

Kinaed queries to Deedee, "What kind do you think would be valuable enough to incentivize people?"

Kinaed declares to Tasker, "Yes :) Please do!"

Tasker claims, "I'll put on my broken record again (groan), mage RP is very difficult to get without an organised coded guild. If you're out and proud you've only got a few choices, hide away not doing a lot, spend a long time planning how you're going to meet up with an ally or harass people. Player mage groups rarely stick around for due to sheer lack of easy continuity among other reasons I won't get into. But for characters that don't like harassing people, it proves to be frighteningly hard to get roleplay if you can't readily walk around grid. Of course there are provided solutions for this, such as rebirth among other things but not everybody wishes to do that. Has there been any more consideration on introducing a Mage guild (Not necessarily the Manus) back into the mix to help encourage roleplay between mages and provide them at least some framework to help provide consistant roleplay? I know various people have some heavy reservations about this, which is fine and absolutely understood due to how it was done in the past, but I think it ought to be revisited."

Kinaed claims, "I'll add it to Staff Talking points in full. We had reasons the Manus guild went away."

Deedee muses, "Not sure, maybe QP and more things to spend QP on? original TI had the QP item shop with some neat obtanium items for example"

Tasker claims, "I know, but it does not have to return in the form it was. That's my whole deal, we could turn it into something else entirely with a little thought. "

Kinaed states, "I think a QP item shop might be a good idea. Definitely can look at that."

Tasker claims, "And it might help spice things up a little"

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "I'd be happy to see a proposal."

Tasker says, "I could whip something up, yeah. "

Tasker places their right fist over their heart in salute to Kinaed.

Kinaed muses, "Particularly from someone willing to work with Staff concerns - so if you put something together, and maybe we hash it out between us until everyone's reasonably satisfied?"

Kinaed states to Tasker, "Thanks :)"

Temi nods.

Temi says, "We have rehashed the goals and setup of the Manus before and find it drifts back to the too-safe and not adding RP on grid"

Kinaed muses to Tasker, "Please put either the proposal or a link to it on the Request Board. Maybe if you could write a Google Doc or something?"

Temi states, "So if you have suggestions to counter that, that'd be awesome"

Kitty claims, "The way I see it, if it matters, is that it could be good for mage RP. But, it could also be devastating ICly if there's an infultrator who is willing to... out people, so to speak. It could add RP for both sides of the coin."

Tasker says, "I'll start a google doc with some ramblings."

Deedee claims, "I kow guild code is somewhat unwieldly, but it would be nice if they could be opened by players more easily"

Kinaed states, "I think the last time the Manus died, it wasn't about safety - it was due to long term disinterest/no members."

Deedee states, "Not just Manus, but any other ideas if they can find the support ICly for it"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed claims, "A mage guild doesn't need to be the Manus per se."

Tasker says, "Mmhm, that's the thing. With the right leadership and right membership, it's good. When Polyducks used to lead it, it was awesome and things happened very frequently with it rather than everybody just sitting around sniffing books and skirts."

Philly muses, "Maybe once an IC year, like on Magebane, something allows mages to safely gather?"

Kinaed says, "I'd be open to a proposal with fresh lore if someone wants it."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Tasker claims, "I'll tidy up my idea from a while ago, and get it submitted."

Temi questions, "Shall we wrap up and send everyone back now then?"

• Information