Log of OOC Meeting - 2020/10/03

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sparkles

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Deedee claims, "Oh sparkles, your last one ended up in IC logs, be careful"

Kinaed questions, "Also, I'm going to start transing people out if they break this because I felt that the previous OOC Chat got a bit dicey about respecting players in the room, okay?"

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Agenda"

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed wonders, "Crickets? Guess we're afk or everything is totally awesome?"

Kinaed will take totally awesome.

Niamh grins.

Lans claims, "I am well and pleased."

Kinaed states, "Alright, kicking off Staff Updates - last week I handled a couple of plots."

Cat states, "I ahve nothing, I think."

Lans says, "Moral threats are being reported."

Kinaed says, "I also handled at least one policy case."

Kinaed states, "On my desk - I'm still percolating on Turf wars. Hoping to have a Staff Meeting today since we've got a lot of awesome Staff online :) And welcome Viridis :)"

Kinaed says, "That's it for me - next up... Temi."

Deedee pontificates to Viridis, "Welcome!"

Lans says, "Oh new staffer. Hi."

Viridis waves to the crowd!

Temi claims, "Well, you guys kept me super busy for a little while with recommends for the events last weekend."

Temi says, "Other than that, just plots and requests and things. No big stuff. Still remote."

Kinaed asks, "Oh yeah, who ran events for me to award? I've done the Tournament, but I know there was a Council meeting, and maybe something else?"

Anonymous says, "The Council meeting was mostly ran by Eiphraem"

Lans states, "A Yule Faire by Naomi"

Deedee holds Viridis in her hands, turning it this way and that while inspecting it. "What does it do?"

Kitty states, "Yule Faire."

Errisar claims, "Yule was mostly run by Naomi."

Lans claims, "And Theodora, too"

Foodie has lost link.

Kinaed has awarded you 5 QPs: Yule Faire - Thanks!

Lans says, "And I believe Silvia helped a great deal"

Foodie has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "Awarded, thanks :)"

GloryToTheBolt states, "I helped a great deal too"

say The ice skating was rather fun.

Sparkles states, "The ice skating was rather fun."

Kinaed smiles.

GloryToTheBolt states, "Thanks that soothes my soul a lot"

Niamh claims, "I really want to change my name to GloryToTheBoltAlso"

GloryToTheBolt says, "Was getting salty about faires"

Lans states, "I tasted the chocolates selflessly"

Kinaed claims, "Deeply appreciate people scheduling and running plots for other people to enjoy."

Viridis answers Deedee with a grin: "Beg clues for syntax mostly."

GloryToTheBolt exclaims, "Do it!"

Kinaed says, "Er, events, not plots."

Niamh grins at GloryToTheBolt.

Kinaed queries to Temi, "You're done updating?"

Foodie states, "I enjoyed the ice skating, though it was wonderful and enjoyable. "

Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial states, "Mostly plugging away at some of the larger specs this week. Not much that would show up anywhere, as I recall."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed declares to Azarial, "Thank you!"

Kinaed says to Ilena, "You're up :)"

Niamh puts a skater-shaped top laid onto a pond-shaped blue glass base in a fluttery skirt made of hundreds of random objects.

Ilena declaims, "Hello! I've been mostly handling lately incoming phome requests! It's always wonderful to get to see all of you! <3 Hopefully, more updates soon!"

Deedee asks, "What's getting implmented next?"

Kinaed states to Deedee, "I suspect it's the policy system. :)"

Kinaed says, "Back end stuff for me."

Deedee states, "Ah"

Kinaed says to Niamh, "You're up :)"

Niamh states, "This week I went through the list of evicted properties (...that I let get way, way too long) and processed them. There's some new places for sale on the real estate boards and the auction house has lots of fresh items to peruse. I ran through the testing process for a handful of bug notes that Azarial fixed and got those documented/pushed to completed. Did the first round of testing for Az surrounding the policy spec she's been working on. Fixed a couple typos. I think that's about it on my end. "

Niamh says, "AND WELCOME VIRIDIS."

Kinaed says, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed asks of Viridis, "I think this is your first OOC Chat :) Feel up to updating us?"

Viridis says, "Hello everyone, I'm the new grunt Viridis. Staff set me up this week and I've spent most of the time learning and handling some easy requests. Add some RL for a slow start, but I'm very excited to get my hands dirty and learn some systems to bring more fun to you all. Misc stuff includes making a fancy desc and introductory post. Oh right: Report mortal threats. "

Anonymous states, "Oh no, now there's two of them."

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed claims, "I want to thank staff this week for some excellent work."

"Moral threats?" Deedee shifts eyes towards Azarial.

Kinaed questions, "I guess that's all for our updates - anyone have any questions or anything before we move to the next agenda item?"

Viridis says, "Motal threats."

Lans states, "Heh heh"

Temi grins.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, time to turn the lens and find out the best parts of OOC Chat - how was the game for you guys this last week?"

Kinaed has transferred Tasker. [OOC]

Errisar declaims, "Great! I wrote a hymn that I'm actually really proud of!"

Deedee declares, "Not bad! was able to catch the tail end of the council, which was nice"

Temi gives a skater-shaped top laid onto a pond-shaped blue glass base to Tasker.

Kinaed states, "Oo, you'll have to write it down and send it to staff so we can implement it in game."

Kitty states, "Admittedly, I have not been able to be around much. Work has become so I cannot really log in during that time, and has been so exhausting/frustrating that getting into my character at the end of the day is rather impossible. So, I simply... don't. I'm still trying to get in when I can, though, and I hope everyone is patient and forgiving."

Kinaed comforts Kitty.

Foodie says, "Plenty of oppertunities for solid rp with the yule fair"

Tasker places her right fist over her heart in salute to Kitty.

Deedee knows the feeling.

Kitty claims, "And the hymn is the shit. It's great."

Kinaed says, "I'm sorry to hear real life is treating you rough, and I hope it gets better."

Sparkles says, "The event last week was fun, Council meeting pushed forward some plot stuff."

Kinaed says, "Thrilled to hear people have things to RP about."

GloryToTheBolt states, "Meh. I think I need a break. Not much happening."

Kinaed comforts GloryToTheBolt.

Deedee muses, "Make stuff happen?"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, you're definitely in the slower timezone (I know because I see you online :cough:)"

Lans claims, "I will try to helo people feel their hearts beating"

Lans says, "*help"

GloryToTheBolt trails off, "Yea its... waiting for rp and when rp is there its sleep time..."

Deedee nods.

Cat says, "I had some great scenes. Council stuff was good, but the timing was difficult since I'm on a european schedule."

Anonymous states, "That only works if you have your sword drawn"

Lans states, "I dispute that."

Anonymous trails off, "Okay... that only works on ME if you have your sword drawn"

Kinaed trails off, "We had a lot of flicker logging last week - that is people logging in, seeing the wholist wasn't super full, then logging out... and it'd be like 5 within a minute, so ... like if all 5 of those people just stayed logged on for 10 minutes..."

Kitty states, "He freezes people with just a look."

Kinaed nods at Cat.

Viridis queries, "Timezones are tough. I think we might have some overlap though, Glory. Any custom requests for a disaster or antagonist?"

Kinaed smiles.

Sparkles queries, "Are those the only two options? "

Temi queries, "Bolt-eating worms?"

Deedee states, "I often flicker log to check boards even when I don't have time to play, so might not just be that"

Kinaed states, "Mortal threats, Sparkles."

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Anonymous claims, "I have been formulating an idea to put forth for another plague type disease to sweep the city"

Anonymous claims, "That the physicians hav eto rfix"

GloryToTheBolt claims, "I dooo but :D yea its more i miss the big things and its grating on me. oh well. a break might help. "

Anonymous states, "Have to fix*"

Viridis wonders, "Show me bolt-eating worms? Survey says: YES"

Kinaed comforts GloryToTheBolt.

Foodie mimes voimitting about the worms

Temi states to Anonymous, "We've tossed those ideas around, but worried that people may have enough plagues in their real life for the moment"

Kinaed trails off, "Well, I'm looking forward to our staff meeting today, and I'm sure we can put something like 'player quests' on our agenda..."

Anonymous states, "Yes... that is why I have not put it forth yet. One of the reasons"

Temi trails off, "But if people would like to see plagues..."

Kinaed trails off, "And 'EU timezone' stuff..."

Deedee gets a mask worn across the mouth and nose, cushioned with herbs from a basic field supply kit crafted from water-proofed leather.

Deedee wears a mask worn across the mouth and nose, cushioned with herbs over her face.

Foodie states, "Idgestion, would be interesting."

Viridis wonders, "When would our EU folks say their "prime time" hits?"

GloryToTheBolt queries, "Prime time? for eu players?"

Deedee says to Anonymous, "Besides having staff make a new disease for us, you might consider running a story"

Anonymous says, "I've never done that before"

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Early morning the aussies are online and the people who dont have a sleep rhytm "

GloryToTheBolt says, "Those scenes are fun"

GloryToTheBolt states, "Then around 6 pm my time when the americans wake up but usually they do other things before they hurry into scenes"

Kinaed says, "I think 6pm Berlin time is about noon New York time."

Cat "4pm?" looks to Glory. "That be like 10 am or earlier for the servertime? I think."

GloryToTheBolt says, "Ya"

Kinaed claims, "My prime time is 3am system time *cough*"

Kitty says, "I remember, ages ago before my previous character was Prime, the whole plot with the tentacles and the demons and all of that... a lot of the actual attacks and staff run events were early in the morning my time - EU and GMT players seemed to appreciate it being on their time."

Tasker says, "Those events were dope. "

GloryToTheBolt says, "Oh yea more events would be dope"

Deedee says, "Mmm, jelly-filled tent'cle."

Kitty says, "I'd log in before work and the hospital would be full of people."

Kinaed queries, "Afk a sec - Temi I don't have any registered topics, but if you're happy to run freeform for a few minutes until I get back?"

Temi states, "Unfortunately I'm no good for running anything European timed"

Cat states, "I would offer myself as tribute to rnning a story thing, but I don#t know how and I would need to think something up."

Ilena declaims, "I could maybe run a fwe things at European times!"

Temi questions, "Alright, we're freeforming it folks. More things you've loved or would love to see plot-wise?"

Tasker states, "Running a story is much easier than it sounds, you just need to have a fun idea."

Viridis claims, "I will hopefully be a bright padawan for Temi and bring some EU love."

Lans claims, "Definitely local plots"

Kitty states, "It can be as simple as a game, etc."

Deedee states, "I wasn't here for the hillbeast, but reading the logs that's something I would have enjoyed "

say I do wonder if some just low-key times for things might help general 'finding RP' stuff.

Sparkles claims, "I do wonder if some just low-key times for things might help general 'finding RP' stuff."

Kitty claims, "And, things don't have to necessarily be planned for something to go on in game. There can be... impromptu charades, or pictionary, or a drinking game at a tavern - just send out a messenger to everyone and invite them over."

Violet claims, "I'd love some on-grid stuff"

Foodie says OOCly, "I've thought about being a storyteller, but I don't know how to do it, so never put myself out there when announcements went down about it. "

Temi finishes abruptly, "Hillbeast was a villain-contest winner, but staff didn't really do much special to support it - just a regular character"

Temi says, "There's a storyteller tutorial zone, if anyone ever wants plopped in there"

GloryToTheBolt states, "I wanna see global plots where everyone is involved - everyone can contribute. that would make you feel more connected to the game as a whole"

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Think, almshouse donation drive. everyone can contribute whatever"

Kitty states, "We have global plots - people can be included if they choose. There is one going on right now."

Lans states, "The hillbeast was a badass player being a monster"

Temi claims, "Happy to have you guys run things like almshouse donation drives"

Cat claims, "I can make a EU timezone card game evening, since my character is obseesed with card games."

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Havent heard of it, and thats the problem i guess"

Kitty says, "Almshouse donation drives have been run in the past, quite successful and gets everyone involved. Staff wasn't necessary."

GloryToTheBolt states, "Cant be involved in a plot you dont know about"

Lans states, "Plenty of lore and book entries"

Sparkles wonders, "Was there a peek at the project bug this week?"

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Mhm i should prolly run some plots and such, once i find the energy"

Deedee claims, "Plot header list, and it also show up on login"

Kitty says, "plot header list is the... yes."

Lans says, "For global plots there was a book published on a recent one not that long ago"

Foodie asks, "Natural disaster perhaps, if that were doable?"

Yinadele says, "Most players can't really get too much into the RP about high level politics."

Errisar says, "It would be cool to have more mysteries and other global plots. I would be happy to submit ideas and contribute."

Kitty says, "On login, it's listed, "The Vandagan Diplomatic Crisis", and it's always available via plto header list."

Yinadele claims, "I don't think that's a PLAYER global level plot."

Kitty claims, "Mysteries can be done with player stories, I think. No need to have a staff plot for that? It was done rather recently, actually."

Temi claims, "I do need to close that down, since that one's done"

GloryToTheBolt says, "Yea i do not have access to that plot so like. its not global in that sense."

Temi wonders, "Plot header list, it's not there?"

GloryToTheBolt says, "Global in the sense of everyone has access to it. its there but plot review tells me i dont have access"

Kitty says, "You can create player plots and match them to header plots, it costs no QP."

Deedee claims, "Plot header review"

Kitty says, "So, while you can't add to the header plot, you can definitely contribute."

Temi nods.

Temi finishes abruptly, "A header is different than a plot advance - everyone can contribute different advances that affect that larger plot (or stand on their own)"

GloryToTheBolt states, "I see i see"

Temi claims, "Staff start up the header as sort of a jumping off point for player actions"

Kitty claims, "No one is excluded from a header plot. Since it costs nothing to contribute to part of it, literally anyone can be included."

Deedee nods.

Temi nods in agreement.

GloryToTheBolt says, "That is neat"

Temi claims, "Some of them are more themed to one type of RP or another"

Niamh states, "It might help to think of plot headers as categories."

Temi says, "But we try to keep them broad enough that there's a lot of different ways"

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Ill see maybe ill run a charity drive plot that just everyone can contribute to. since that is what i wanna see"

Sparkles wonders, "Can I bring up a potential idea related to that?"

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Yes please "
Temi nods at Sparkles.

Sparkles claims, "So one thing I ponder is the relationship between 'projects' and 'plots' with an idea like that. A Charity Drive for example ... could use the Project system and thus create an impact on say ... Class Relations for helping out the lower classes. Or Piety for increasing Charity, but ... 'Plots' tend to be more accessible to folks given the ability for anyone to submit one - whether an Guild plot or with QP for more private RPA."

Temi nods.

Kitty queries, "Can plots affect metrics?"

Temi says, "Projects are designed to be noble-geared to give them something special to do"

Temi says, "Plots cannot currently affect metrics, no, since we don't want to run over projects toes"

Temi says, "Or city support, subvert"

GloryToTheBolt trails off, "I could whine to a noble that i wanna do a charity drive... easy enough"

Temi nods in agreement.

Lans states, "If you tithe to the Order, that can be arranged"

Deedee says, "Totally works to bring your idea to a noble to sponsor"

Temi states, "I think there's definitely lots of nobles that would be eager to be involved"

Lans says, "Give them a good incentive"

Viridis pontificates, "I bet there's some nobles that would appreciate the whining!"

Kitty states, "This is true."

Lans says, "Money, support, favors, items, seduction, blackmail"

Viridis claims, "Enjoy the rest of the meeting. I need to step back a moment."

Sparkles claims, "That's one way to handle it, however, the Project system doesn't allow uh ... I guess the same way to 'contribute' or organize items/etc, so mostly just pondering on the use of the two systems for something like that."

Yinadele says, "Yes, please approach your local nobles about projects. We do kinda have to take turns a bit, but."

Temi claims, "It would be interesting to have a plot tied to a project"

Deedee claims, "Seems doable"

Temi claims, "No reason you can't start one for it, but I don't know if we want the contributions to actually be what does it"

Temi claims, "I know Kin likes the projects taking IPs"

Kitty says, "Since their failure or success is based on different things, though, if there are plots tied to projects (either to support or subvert them), I think the "success" thing would have to be adjusted. Which is... odd."

Errisar pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Sparkles states, "Well I can only think back on the big Baronical Council plot and if the idea is more people being able to contribute I wonder if the ability to impact things through IC action (like donating stuff) might feel more ... involving? Rather than just gathering IP."

Lans states, "Can just do it manually, plot + project"

Kinaed nods at Lans.

Deedee nods at Lans.

Temi muses to Kinaed, "What do you think of the potential for, say, staff to agree to contribute X IP to a project, if they meet certain object contribution goals?"

Kitty wonders, "The only difficulty I can see in that is the time constraints. Projects only have a certain amount of time to gain all of their IP, no?"

Lans says, "Hmmm first thought is: easily abusable"

Kitty states, "Or taht."

Lans says, "Unless it's either a huge number of items or very costly"

Temi claims, "I think we would have to do a staff assessment on the amount not just 'we will always do this, no matter what amounts you decide'"

Deedee states, "Speaking of plots"

Deedee claims, "I sort of miss having more interactive plot advances"

Foodie states, "The truth is I don't know how to get my noble alt more ip, buying assets well, lets say depleated things."

Kitty says, "Help support."

Foodie says, "Sorry if that was inappropriate, I just didn't know how to broach that"

Kinaed states, "Largely through support and you can also spend silver to buy influence."

Azarial states, "Get it from other people directly to apply it tot he projects."

Kinaed states, "And pooling influence with other people."

Kitty states, "Getting lots of support so you have IP on the rollover, and then asking others to contribute directly."

Kitty states, "Because there are always people that have more support."

Lans states, "Or demand it through violence"

Deedee says, "Or bribes"

Cat states, "Bribes are good"

Foodie claims, "The silver wil have to wait, I'll try support since as I said, buying assets did depleat funds. thanks everyone"

say As for the other, there was a like schedule of relative 'value' for that one big plot right? Maybe ... that's a rough estimate?

Sparkles queries, "As for the other, there was a like schedule of relative 'value' for that one big plot right? Maybe ... that's a rough estimate?"

Kinaed smiles.

say I do wonder if that might help be a way to like move insane stockpiles of stuff off grid too.

Sparkles states, "I do wonder if that might help be a way to like move insane stockpiles of stuff off grid too."

Temi states, "I'll bow to Kin on that"

Kimaris is idle.

GloryToTheBolt claims, "Btw i do like sparkles idea of having something thats regularily scheduled for european people"

GloryToTheBolt says, "I did have plans there i just. need to pull em off yo"

GloryToTheBolt states, "Or did i misunderstand that sparkles"

Kimaris is no longer idle.

say Ah, that as well.

Sparkles states, "Ah, that as well."

Kimaris has returned from AFK.

Errisar asks, "An unrelated question, where can I submit that hymn to the staff?"

Foodie has lost link.

Deedee states, "Request board should do"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Request board is good - if it's got it's own item on grid, just let us know where that is and we'll grab a copy"

Foodie has reconnected.

Errisar says, "I've just sent it by mail, so I will actually write it down and provide it."

Temi says, "Awesome, thanks"

tell Temi I'm pondering if the Bards could pay to set it up on an NPC to sing it at Ahalin's Chapel in the Farin Quarter too.
You tell Temi, "I'm pondering if the Bards could pay to set it up on an NPC to sing it at Ahalin's Chapel in the Farin Quarter too."

Kinaed questions, "We have about seven minutes. Anything else on anyone's mind?"

Kinaed queries, "We can all go back to our regularly scheduled programming if we like?"

Kitty states, "Just a reminder about the funeral - in approximately an hour. Feel free to pop in, there will be bells rung at the cathedral to call people that way."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi replies to you, "Not sure if that's close enough for any of the mobjobs, might ask Niamh"

Deedee muses, "Back on the plots, could we maybe have a way to re-open plots with further qp/gpoints for multi-stage stuff?"

Temi claims, "I would rather you start a new plot and just reference the old number"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "It's easier for us to track"

Kinaed wonders, "We have about 5 min until the top of the hour. Anything else anyone wants to discuss? :)"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, I'll take that for a 'we can head back to the grid and prepare for the funeral' :) Thanks for coming everyone!"

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Deedee waves.

Kinaed pontificates, "I hope to see everyone here next week, and I hope everyone has great RP!"

• Information