Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-09-26

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Deedee is hearing crickets.

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, let's kick off the fun stuff."

Kinaed says, "Last week I had some policy. It was the yucky kind. :( Nothing blew up, I don't think. I helped Az with a new policy tracking system. "

Kinaed claims, "I still have Turf Wars on my desk, and I knnow there's absolutely something else, so I guess I also have 'troll through OOC Chat notes and consolidate anything that hasn't been actioned, etc' to my 'todo' for next week."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "That's me. Let's see. Next up -"

Kinaed queries to Ilena, "You go?"

Ilena claims, "Yes! Hello, everyone- I've had a bit of IRL business, but I've been keeping up with requests as best as I can, and processing recommends! I've been working on ironing out some specs for Demon Summoning as well as for updating Forgery."

Ilena pontificates, "Still WIP!"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up :)"

Kinaed has transferred Sparkles.  [OOC]

Temi claims, "My real life is a little crazy, tending to my father after hip surgery, but just trying to keep up on plots and requests and things like that.  No big process."

Temi gives a leather waterskin, imprinted with a pair of grappled arms to Sparkles.

Kinaed has transferred GeeBee.  [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Temi gives a leather waterskin, imprinted with a pair of grappled arms to GeeBee.

Temi gives a leather waterskin, imprinted with a pair of grappled arms to Wimpled.

Deedee exclaims to Temi, "Hope he has a smooth recovery!"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Temi declares, "Thanks!"

Kinaed has transferred phoenixdoll.  [OOC]

Temi gives a leather waterskin, imprinted with a pair of grappled arms to phoenixdoll.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates. :) Next up, Player Heartbeat!"

Kinaed wonders, "How was the game for everyone last week, folks?"

Kinaed muses, "Actually, technically 'this week'? How was the game 'this week'? :)"

Errisar says, "Great at the beginning of the week before work got crazy."

Kinaed nods at Errisar.

Phoenixdoll states, "I had a great week last/this week. Its probably old news now, but I find the autowarn we have now much more positive and encouraging. "

TheHeresyAgenda trails off, "Very quiet, thus dull... But the tournament is giving me back some energy"

Deedee says, "I haven't had as much time to play as I'd like, but enjoying the scenes I have had"

Kinaed has transferred NotNaomi.  [OOC]

Kinaed states to phoenixdoll, "That's great to hear."

Anonymous says, "This week has been very, very slow and dead, outside the tournament today"

Kinaed comforts TheHeresyAgenda.

Pizzzzzza declaims, "Super hectic getting things ready for Yule! I'm excited but this holiday is too frequent :)"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Kinaed smiles at Pizzzzzza.

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

GeeBee exclaims, "I've missed the entire month due to work but glad to be able to show up to this event!"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at GeeBee.

Cat claims, "Yeah. Pretty slow or empty this week. I had some great scene, but they were few and far in between."

Kinaed claims, "It's recently been hard for me to be around as well."

Deedee states, "Yeah, looking forward to hopping into the tourny"

Temi claims, "It has seemed quieter when I've been around."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles claims, "It's been really, really quiet as others have said. Wondering if maybe scheduled things might help some stuff."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed states, "We do apparently have a tournament. Who is running that, by the way? We should reward them."

Phoenixdoll says, "I've noticed there's been like nobody on recently, i've been often the only one online a few times. But the RP I've had has been a blast. "

Kinaed nods at phoenixdoll.

Deedee states, "Vincent and Safir I believe"

Temi claims, "Definitely lots more people around today for that.  I think it has indeed helped with getting people here.  And the faire tomorrow too"

GeeBee says OOCly, "I think Safir and Vincent, but I don't know who else might have been involved as well"

phoenixdoll says OOCly, "Naomi made the prizes. "

NotNaomi states, "I've been busy with planning event things, but the RP I've had has been amazing"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Faires gonna be lit"

NotNaomi nods.

Wimpled claims, "Vincent more the lead with Safir just as an assist."

Kaiden is idle.

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Who is on the faire? Or is that part of the Tournament?"

Wimpled asks, "Faire is the merchants.  Naomi?"

NotNaomi nods.

phoenixdoll says OOCly, "It's separate to the tournament, and yes, I think it's Naomi :) "

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Thanks, I've already awarded Naomi. "

Kinaed states, "I really appreciate your doing something nice for the pbase, and I'm sure they'll enjoy it as well."

Sparkles says, "Faire is going to be fun."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed questions, "Is anything shitting anyone that they'd like Staff to know about, or that we ought to discuss?"

NotNaomi says, "Thank you! I'm really excited for it, it'll be different than previous ones. :)"

TheHeresyAgenda says, "I have a topic actually"

Kinaed says, "We don't have any topics today, so we need to fill the OOC Chat also. :)"

Kinaed says to TheHeresyAgenda, "Please, introduce it :)"

Sparkles says, "I have a topic if there's time."

Temi claims, "Looks like we'll have plenty of time."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Adding you to the list next. Please pre-write it."

TheHeresyAgenda wonders, "Magebane, Yule and Spring are all fairly close to each other with a big gap in summer - making it so there's a stressful time for the merchants and then a big glob of nothing. Would it be possible to somehow spread the holidays out more?"

Sparkles claims, "Hmm ... that would be a pretty big change to the lore to just change when the holidays happen."

Kinaed says, "Possibly. It'd be nice if we had something like once every month and a half IRL or something."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Raspberries says, "You could still hold merchant events without a holiday"

Kinaed claims, "That's also true. A lot of our holidays actually reflect our IRL holidays."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Temi questions, "Maybe a bigger summer celebration instead of focusing on Spring Awakening?"

Sparkles states, "Unless the new King feels like changing the calender I guess, tis his perogative one imagines."

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Sure can. I do think that having a holiday kind of reminds/triggers people to consider doing things they might otherwise forget to do though."

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Maybe just make Yule or spring not have a faire, and a summer faire instead, would help tons already"

Raspberries nods at Kinaed.

Temi has pulled Tempry from the pattern!

Temi has released a lean-muscled nobleman with golden-brown hair back to the Pattern.

Phoenixdoll states, "I think the issue is that there's too many holidays one after another in OOC timespan, people get fatigued."

Pizzzzzza states, "I could dig having summer over spring Faire, even if spring awakening is like the fashion holiday"

Sparkles asks, "Maybe Spring Awakening could be more a social holiday than an economic one?"

NotNaomi trails off, "To be fair... none of them need to have a faire, but it's come to be expected, I think"

Pizzzzzza states, "But PD sums it up perfectly"

Kinaed says, "I'll definitely put this down on Staff Talking points for us to consider and work with."

Raspberries nods at NotNaomi.

NotNaomi claims, "And I don't mind at all, except 3 in a row is a bit much"

Kinaed states, "But I think that 4 big holidays a year, then some minor things like the kissing festival might be reasonable."

Kinaed nods at NotNaomi.

Temi states, "I think the thought behind spring awakening as an economic holiday may be that sumptuary is relaxed"

Temi claims, "But that might be easier to move than a whole holiday"

Pizzzzzza says, "I e been talking about doing the Kissing Festival actually "

Kinaed smiles.

TheHeresyAgenda says, "Yea kissing Festival would be rad man"

Sparkles questions, "Maybe have a time in the summer there's a Sumptuary relax too?"

Deedee claims, "Perhaps this could be brought up ICly"

Kinaed claims, "Aaaah, a time before herpes. Springtime smooochies."

NotNaomi claims, "I'm trying to delegate and include more people on the grid, too... not just merchants."

Temi says, "Kissing Festival is lumped in with spring though"

Pizzzzzza states, ""Sorry mister inquisitor I can legally do this it's a holiday""

Phoenixdoll claims, "But I think it could easily just be resolved by it not being an OOC expectation on a group that just because there's IC lore about a thing that a group has to do an event for it. It'd be really good if we could have regular events run by a wide variety of players. :) "

Wimpled claims, "May be a matter of delegating or only highlighting certain trades at different holidays. "

Wimpled claims, "If merchants do not want to simply take off on a holiday."

Kaiden is no longer idle.

Temi claims, "I don't think the expectation is so much because of the lore, but because those darned merchants did something before that was just too darned fun."

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries nods.

Anonymous says, "Those darned merchants made my gift for me*"

Wimpled states, "Really, anyone could be throwing any of these holiday parties/events."

Sparkles claims, "As that during slower times, holidays/events is what gets people active."

Pizzzzzza claims, "We are actually the best :)"

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

NotNaomi grins.

Wimpled says, "A noble could with their house - gentry or commoners could in a tavern."

Phoenixdoll states, "Pizza ur ooc name is making me hungry T_T"

Wimpled states, "Bards. "

Wimpled shrugs.

Kinaed states, "It's true - it is not the Merchants' job to run holiday events, and we are blessed that they do."

Temi states, "Or maybe switch to Spring Faire and Magebane Faire, where people can start shopping for Yule early."

NotNaomi says, "We're pretty amazing at making plans weeks ahead, and then waiting until the very last moment to throw it all together >.>"

Pizzzzzza says, "Pd I feel you i was actually a cannibal today"

Kinaed says, "It'd be equally valid for someone else to run something or players to round-robin it for each other"

Wimpled states, "May be something to bring up ICly at the Council, guilds could trade off."

Pizzzzzza says, "Don't share our trade secrets Naynay "

Errisar says, "The troubadours have been trying to help a great deal."

Kinaed claims, "But there's also RP fatigue with going to multiple events in an OOC week or something, so we really should have a look at our IC calendar"

Anonymous states, "Naomi, that is EXACTLY what happens in stage acting too lol"

Kinaed states, "No sweat putting it on the Staff Talking points to layout and discuss."

Temi claims, "I think people might hold more Yule parties if there wasn't already a fair for it, yeah, but people do like the shopping."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Temi claims, "I'm just yammering on because we have plenty of time and few topics."

Kinaed says, "I also like Wimpled's idea about raising it IC at the COuncil."

Deedee says, "I think shifting of Holidays is something we can take to the new Seneschal and King ICly"

Pizzzzzza asks, "Do people like shopping off the racks or custom orders more?"

Deedee nods.

Pizzzzzza trails off, "Maybe I should make a poll..."

Kinaed says, "Personally? I like browsing the racks."

TheKingInYellow claims, "Depends"

Kinaed says, "But I don't think I play as much as anyone here."

Phoenixdoll trails off, "I have a life outside of TI (surprising I know) and I think it's good to have some scheduled events. Honestly, I kinda have wished that there were more options for shopping off the racks for yule, because I don't know what I want to get some people IC..."

NotNaomi trails off, "Merchants shops have had a little less focus, as other things have taken precedence, but I hope to see more of them opening shops soon... which should help scratch that IC retail therapy itch"

Kinaed says, "Custom orders are usually character setup for me."

Tasker is idle.

Temi claims to Pizzzzzza, "I think they are different joys.  RPing out the design for a new outfit and getting it made is great, but browsing the tables and going 'ooh!  what a great idea! I need that!' is a different fun."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "And one piece off the rack can inspire a whole new set to go with it custom ordered."

TheHeresyAgenda states, "I'd love to see a revive of shops it's just the merchant fantasy"

TheHeresyAgenda sighs.

NotNaomi nods.

NotNaomi declaims, "It's incoming!"

Phoenixdoll states, "We believe in you guys. :) "

Anonymous sits down and rests.

Kinaed says, "It would be an interesting world if merchants directed people to their shops and refused custom orders in a general sense."

Raspberries says, "Would be interesting"

Pizzzzzza states, "There have definitely been some custom order refusals"

TheHeresyAgenda says, "Absolutely interesting yea"

Kinaed nods at Pizzzzzza.

Tasker is no longer idle.
Tasker has returned from AFK.

Anonymous states, "I get the feeling a lot of people would be annoyed by that"

Pizzzzzza declaims, "Just gotta get a shop setup for the rest of it!"

Phoenixdoll says, "THat sounds like a them problem, anon."

Raspberries states, "Certain types of merchant-types wouldn't be able to do that though"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Pizzzzzza says, "Custom orders are fun because you get to talk fashion and ask after people's lives. Merchants are basically legalized prostitutes because we get paid for it."

Raspberries claims, "The pshop system could probably use an overhaul"

TheHeresyAgenda trails off, "Or like double the price for commissions.... And shop prices are lower....."

Kaiden says, "I still have yet to go shopping and looking around at custom clothing tbh."

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "Do you want to introduce your topic? :)"

Kaiden says, "On the heartbeat thing and people being around"

Phoenixdoll states, "Ahaha.. Oh no. Prostitutes? THat being said, I really enjoyed the custom commissions and RP around them that I had. "

Sparkles claims, "I know that previously there had been discussion about bringing back Aides, but that was a long time ago. To my memory the concern/conversation was about how people utilized the position to ... I'm not certain, be a bit overlordy? But I do think that having people designated and able to better assist newer players might help make us seem more friendly and welcoming."

Deedee nods.

TheKingInYellow says, "I buy my whores off the rack"

Kaiden claims, "I have noticed that at earlier in the day it's very DEAD. So I've moved my times. But I had a UK friend who invited me to this game and he has all but faded away because he's not been able to really RP with anyone and have opportunities for character advancement."

GeeBee queries, "Aides?"

Kinaed states, "The original Aides on TI were 'Citizens'. That one was super cliquey and was prior to cyan status. Therefore, it was basically the bunch of players who 'made it' and 'were liked by the admin'. Technically they were supposed to be helpers, but as you can imagine, with a name like Citizens, it wasn't really that."

Phoenixdoll states, "If we have time I would like to talk about what Kaiden just raised, but on the topic of aides, I kinda thought that everyone was supposed to be helpful and friendly. "

Temi nods.

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "So as someone who's trying to recruit from my friend circle - aides sound like they'll help a shit ton. The overhead during char creation is a lot and the first steps are daunting and if I hadn't had someone hold my hand I wouldn't have sticked. So I love the idea."

Temi states, "I think everyone is intended to be able to help out, and we definitely see a lot of that at times, and appreciate it"

Anonymous says, "I don't like the idea of aides or citizens or any of that. It's too easily exploitable and I've seen it before; especially from a new player who doesn't know that 'aide' doesn't mean 'staff'"

Temi says, "I'd hate to label people as aides only to have everyone else feel excused from being helpful."

TheKingInYellow muses, "What would Aides accomplish that our active helpful visnet does not?"

Kinaed says, "When TI2 came into being, Citizens were changed to Aides, and we had a list of expectations we wanted from them. It included things like welcoming new players and RPing with them to help them get established. Most Aides either didn't do this, and when asked to some flat refused to saying they were only interested in RPing with their friends, and they viewed the job as just being available to answer questions - which everyone pretty much is happy to do on visnet for anyone else anyway. So we shut it down."

Deedee claims, "A lot of people are helpful, yes. But would be nice if someone could help with say, chargen transfers when staff aren't on"

Kinaed claims to TheKingInYellow, "Pretty much."

Deedee claims, "Though perhaps that could just be a command available to cyans instead"

Phoenixdoll claims, "I guess my concern is as anon says, and while I also like the idea, I kinda wonder what being an aide would be over visnet and just.. the current rules we have regarding giving cyans preference in rp. "

NotNaomi claims, "A command for it would be nice."

Phoenixdoll muses, "Ooh. Like if you need assistance?"

Cat is idle.

Sparkles claims, "I'd say chargen transfers or I'll be honest, sometimes the channels get a bit spicy."

Deedee claims, "They do get spicy sometimes. :("

Sparkles states, "Because as helpful as folks want to be on Visnet, sometimes things become opinion fights that can quickly overwhelm people."

Cat is no longer idle.

phoenixdoll says OOCly, "Do you think visnet needs further moderation?"

TheKingInYellow claims, "That's a fair criticism of Visnet, but I don't see how Aides would get around it"

Kinaed nods at TheKingInYellow.

Deedee nods.

Sparkles states, "I think both Visnet and OOC need moderation at times, yes."

Cat says OOCly, "I always go looking for cyans. I love rping with them, but recently most cyans have where rp off and that is kinda sad."

Kinaed comforts Cat.

phoenixdoll says OOCly, "I think Sparkles is -- correct if wrong -- saying the game needs more moderators for OOC and Visnet."

Deedee states, "I'm not certain if visnet moderation/silencing people is a power an aide should have"

Pizzzzzza exclaims, "I've seen that too - I want to find you cyanbabies!"

Kaiden claims, "I'm not a fan of the aides idea as it tends to promote a clique thing, as said. I do think however there should be an active assist thing for newbs. Though I WILL shout up on visnet the second I need help. However, getting chances to RP as a newer player seems harder. I am trying to integrate, but I do feel sometimes i am not quite sure how to fit in."

Kaiden says, "I meant that HERE."

Phoenixdoll says, "Ehe no worries"

Kinaed queries, "What do you mean by 'active assist'?"

Raspberries has done that.

Kaiden states, "Uh. I need help. Press button. SOme helpful person comes to aide. I dunno. I was repeating what someone else said."

Kinaed queries, "Maybe we should give Cyans some special thing they can give out to people for helping them establish their characters?"

Temi states, "A new rec level bonus for extending opportunities to cyans might be nice"

Kinaed nods at Kaiden.

NotNaomi pontificates, "If I'm online, chances are I'm available, and I like helping new people learn the game. Especially if you want to be a merchant! :D"

Kaiden muses, "People get RXP for RPing with a new player I Noticed?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Deedee states, "I think one useful thing for aides is if cyans and aides can use tells with eachother"

Ilena muses, "Do you think on normal where-rp there could be a special color to the number if a cyan player is there, that could help?"

Kaiden says, "I've just typed who, where, gotten matchmaking hooks, but kinda not been sure who I can join and fit into a scene casually sometimes. The open areas are obvious. The closed areas, not so obvious."

Kaiden claims, "Not who, where."

Ilena says, "If part of the Aide interest is having players who are actively expected to RP with cyans."

NotNaomi questions, "Isn't there a command to see where cyans are?"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Rxp is not a great benefit imo lots of people have played for so long they don't have to care about it"

Sparkles says, "It's part of it, yes."

Kinaed claims, "I worry coloring whereRP for cyans would make it potentially like obvious who is where on grid, which could be bad."

Anonymous says, "Yes"

Ilena states, "There is, but most of the time people want to be checking out where anyone is. An active reminder on whererp could help."

TheKingInYellow questions, "The only thing I've heard that some want Aides for that don't exist no, is for transfering back to chargen? Perhaps give cyans a command that can do that without requesting it, and the command disspaears when they stop being cyan"

Anonymous says, "Just type 'chargen' and you poof back into chargen while cyan"

NotNaomi nods.

TheKingInYellow says, "As long as you're in an empty private room"

Temi states, "We've considered that idea, but we do like the ability to keep a little bit of an eye on returns to chargen"

TheKingInYellow claims, "That's understandable. I'm sure it could be logged though *shrugs*"

Kinaed says, "I'll add it to Staff Talking points to discuss as part of the topic about other ways we can help with cyans."

Deedee asks, "Logged, and maybe limited to once per set amount of time?"

Sparkles states, "Maybe it's something GLs could help with? I'm not sure."

Kinaed claims, "I'm sort of fond of the idea of Cyans themselves being able to hand out special rewards and kudos to people who help them get established, whether this just be an adjustment to how we process recommends or something more specific."

Kinaed claims, "I also like the idea of a HELP button for cyans, so to speak, but I'm not sure what that might look like."

Sparkles claims, "But yes, it's an overall thought on things that could make things better/easier/more friendly to Cyans."

Temi nods.

Ilena asks, "Maybe also we on staff side could give a QP for positively answering visnet questions? Once per day?"

Ilena claims, "Per person, I mean."

Phoenixdoll states, "Can I just say I feel very strongly against tells being a thing for non-admins? Osay is already free when you're in the room with a cyan. "

Deedee says, "I think they do sometimes"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

TheKingInYellow states, "Being able to give kudos is something a Cyan would have to learn how to do though, that puts more on their plate so to speak"

Temi states, "We definitely can and do award sometimes now when we see someone going above and beyond to help out."

Temi nods.

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Thank you :) I've jotted several of them down"

Deedee nods.

Kinaed nods at TheKingInYellow.

Ilena states, "I agree with Yellow on that, admittedly."

Sparkles questions, "Maybe the Help button could work like 'Notify' Guild?"

Ilena claims, "It might also make some people weird if they DON'T get Kudos, and it might get expected."

Phoenixdoll asks, "And notify visnet? "

Sparkles states, "There's a cyan player at X location who might want some RP."

Kinaed questions to phoenixdoll, "Can you give us an example of how what you're thinking re: notify visnet might work?"

Sparkles says, "Something like that, just a thought."

Phoenixdoll says, "Like what sparkles said, like notify guild, but it notifies visnet. "

Kinaed claims, "I think I got it from Sparkles' example."

Kinaed just types slow!

Phoenixdoll states, "Aha. No worries."

Deedee states, "I'm not super satisfied with how notify guild works itself"

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "Honestly a general "I'm in a public location and I want rp" would be so nice to have"

Kinaed queries, "Any reason that notify would be cyan only?"

Phoenixdoll states, "Maybe there could be a looking for rp channel"

TheKingInYellow queries, "Just to keep it from getting spammed I guess?"

Ilena states, "I'd kind of like if anyone could send a 'open for RP' message from a location anonymously, as long as they're on where-rp."

Kinaed muses, "It could be something people might toggle on or off if they don't want to receive those kinds of notifications?"

Errisar claims, "I really like the idea of a 'looking for RP' channel or the like."

Deedee questions, "On that, how about just a super-looking for RP thing that adds a * to a location on whererp until you move?"

Kinaed nods at Ilena.

TheKingInYellow claims, "Also, Non-noobs, should have the tools necessary to arrange IP via character relations, messengers and letters"

TheKingInYellow says, "*RP"

Kinaed states, "I'd prefer it wasn't a channel for discussion."

Temi claims, "A channel people could just ping with a command though might be an easy implementation."

Ilena nods with Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ilena says, "Definitely what I had in mind."

Kinaed muses, "We'd prefer it to be different from a set message to visnet?"

Phoenixdoll muses, "Oh, a * on whererp that makes it clear that you're extra looking for RP would be good. See, I've always taken if you're on whereRP that you're looking for RP. But the thing about a channel is that it would be great to be able to see the history?"

Phoenixdoll says, "It would be good if it output if the person was cyan or not to the channel, dunno if that's possible."

Temi states, "I think on whererp means 'open to RP', but not necessarily actively seeking it."

Kinaed claims to phoenixdoll, "Easy done."

NotNaomi states, "I like Deedee's idea, having a little extra * or something on where for those that toggle the command on"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

TheKingInYellow nods at Temi.

Phoenixdoll claims, "I also like the asterix on whererp idea. Elsemu I've seen stuff like that"

Kinaed says, "I think that's a more difficult implementation though."

Phoenixdoll states, "But I'd be happier still with an RP channel, because I'd love to be able to go history RP and see how long ago someone's been looking and where"

Kinaed claims, "I think there's a lot of great ideas here. I've jotted them down for Staff discussion."

Kinaed says, "Thanks, everyone."

Phoenixdoll claims, "<3"

Kinaed wonders, "So we have 15 more minutes, and we're out of topics. Anyone have anything they want to talk about?"

Phoenixdoll states, "Kaiden mentioned before "I have noticed that at earlier in the day it's very DEAD. So I've moved my times."

Phoenixdoll says, "Er, that's not the whole thing he said.. dunno how i broke t.."

Kinaed wonders, "It's probably a mix of things, but we do have early Oct/late Sept blues because I think this is US midterms or something?"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Oh no"

Kinaed states, "Testing times and start of school tend to be pretty quiet. "

Phoenixdoll says, "I think a few people are having to/are now able to physically go back to work, too."

NotNaomi nods.

Sparkles states, "Or school."

Deedee is working.

Kinaed claims, "I'm sure we'll even out."

TheHeresyAgenda states, "OK so during European hours the game is DEAD. A lot of the players who were available before during those times left. It's very frustrating"

Kinaed says, "That said, who knows what the new world order will be like for some of us. "

NotNaomi says, "Sometimes there are just lulls."

Kinaed comforts TheHeresyAgenda.

Kinaed nods at NotNaomi.

Ilena pontificates, "I know for me it's been a bit of work-orders shifting around and a new project I've been assigned to keeping me busy. Nothing to do with scheduling!"

Temi claims, "More activity does breed even more activity."

TheKingInYellow claims, "Speaking of New World Order: I think it'd be nice if there was a "You've just been elected Seneschal! Here's what you need to know how to do." packet"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "And dearths in activity prevent more from starting up."

Phoenixdoll says, "Because of my timezones, I do try and schedule RP with people. I think that's been working for me, even though I have noticed a lack of activity. I've been the most active player after not playing a lot which has surprised me."

Raspberries claims, "That could be something left behind ICly"

Kinaed wonders to TheKingInYellow, "Yeah, that would be helpful. If you want to stay after the OOC Chat, we can talk and see what we know that can help?"

Temi says, "Sometimes it takes someone willing to put in some effort to break through the momentum."

Kinaed questions, "At least for code and structure stuff?"

Raspberries nods.

TheKingInYellow states, "The IC transition has been fine, honestly. More the OOC repsonsibilities, and commands since it's kinda a weird guildleadery position but not"

Kaiden says, "Yeah what I said was that my UK friend who invited me to the game pretty much quit because he could not find RP."

Deedee claims, "You are GL of the council"

TheKingInYellow says to Kinaed, "I'm free"

Kaiden claims, "What i saw when I could get into RP? He was already in bed or getting ready for bed."

Temi nods at Kaiden.

Temi says, "If you can't shift your schedule, it can be hard when people just aren't around."

Deedee nods.

Temi states, "I think there are people that can be around at different times and don't necessarily bother if it feels dead, though."

Kinaed states, "Regarding activity - the best drivers for that are probably scheduled events, so if you're feeling like things are quiet, maybe set something up and let people know about it in advance. Also, reviews (good or bad) off game tend to help people find us and keep us top of mind, so if you have time to write a little blurb about TI on sites like Reddit (seems to be where most of our traffic comes from these days), please do."

TheKingInYellow says, "Sure"

Cat is idle.

TheHeresyAgenda wonders, "How else can we advertise? I'm rubbing my brain against that problem"

Kaiden says, "And agreed with the open for RP message idea from Ilena. I'd ask on visnet, but it might be frowned upon. On a mush I'm on, just asking if anyone is up for RP is fine."

Cat is no longer idle.

Phoenixdoll says, "Kinaed awarded me 5 QP for throwing the tourney, so there's an added bonus there. Not only do you receive the people's ovation and fame forever and ever, but you get QP :) "

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed claims, "Paid advertising generally has the most reach, but I don't have the necessary skillset."

Temi exclaims, "And that's even before the recommends!"

Pizzzzzza is idle.

Kinaed smiles at phoenixdoll.

Pizzzzzza is no longer idle.
Pizzzzzza has returned from AFK.

Cat states, "We could maybe set up some events for european timezone then, but I don#t know what yet."

Kinaed claims, "We also give out QP for reviews, if people tell us they wrote one, good or bad."

Kinaed nods at Cat.

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Parties"

Kinaed queries, "Maybe we should compile a list of types of fun events we've had before and maybe make them a help file so people have a ready place to find ideas?"

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "We're so small a group just having all on one spot would be enough"

TheHeresyAgenda says, "Hell yea"

Deedee says, "Sounds like an idea"

Cat states, "But also, he could schedule some scenes with the eurpoean players, if he doesn't find any rp."

Kinaed nods at Cat.

Temi claims, "Hard to schedule scenes before you've met everyone though."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries nods at Temi.

NotNaomi claims, "Please don't hesitate to check out peoples helpfiles/hooks and just go off those to contact people IC."

Temi nods in agreement.

Phoenixdoll questions, "I think it'd totally be okay to put up a general board post asking if anyone is free to RP at X time in Y public place? What do you guys think? "

Kinaed states, "If people need help with scheduling events or with any special aspect of a scheduled event, please do Request Board for Staff assistance. We give 20QP worth of assistance for running scheduled events, in terms of objects, RPA, etc."

Anonymous trails off, "Well... you would be basically announcing where you'll be and at what time if anyone wants to mess with you"

Phoenixdoll declaims, "Yep! That's a kind of RP tho! "

Deedee states, "There's a lot of restrictions on that 20QP of assistance that it's hard to know what to use them towards"

Cat says, "Yeah. And other people might show up as well."

Kinaed claims to phoenixdoll, "It is. In fact, in Ye Olden Days, people used to post a lot of their "OOC Chat" topics on the General Board and sometimes you'd see wars go on about people's views about stuff. *chuckle*"

Kinaed says, "Having OOC Chat seems to have killed General Board discussions."

Tasker is idle.

Tasker is no longer idle.

Kaiden states, "Who reads forums anyway."

Raspberries says, "I'm saving an idea I had during this meeting to post to the ideas board"

NotNaomi grins.

Kinaed states, "I guess it makes sense though - it's probably nice to have more real-time feedback and discussion than to drop a static board post about how we hate the color green on horses, then wait overnight for people to respond."

INFO: Gareth has just created!

Phoenixdoll states, "Oh Lordy aha. If it would make people feel good, I'm ballsy enough to start throwing up a general board post about when my main character is gonna be around and where ehehe.."

Temi nods.

Phoenixdoll asks, "Kaiden I don't really look at forums much, but just checking (because it wasn't obvious to me) you know about board 3 right?"

Kinaed states, "It's certainly allowed."

Kaiden states, "I would like a "I'd like to RP channel" tbh. Now if it IS completely dead, then maybe a forum post wouldn't be bad. I dunno."

Kinaed states, "Your schedule can also go in your Whois."

Phoenixdoll says, "Board 3 isn't a forum :) "

Kaiden asks, "No, what is board 3?"

Phoenixdoll says, "Type board"

Kinaed claims, "I think we'll definitely be putting in some sort of 'notify' that soemone is looking for RP"

Kaiden wonders, "It's a board I can accidentally delete?"

Cat says, "I would like to bring up a short topic actually."

Kinaed pontificates to Cat, "Fast! We have 1 minute to go :)"

Kaiden says, "Oh it's like bbread. ..I think."

Phoenixdoll declaims, "Assisted the helpfile, Kaiden. :) Feel free to ask more about it in visnet if you have some questions. It is like that, yes!"

NotNaomi states, "Something like it, yes"

Cat states, "I feel like cyans shouldn't be able to be guildleaders, but maybe I'm the only one there. Because GLs need to know the game and take resposibilty for their guild."

Phoenixdoll claims, "Eh.. I was a cyan when I became GL. There was nobody else to do the job."

Kaiden claims, "50 hours of RP is a while to get anyways. I'm not aiming for it personally since I know nada."

Temi states, "We do like established guildleaders who know what they are doing, but more than that.. staff's opinion is that any guildleader is better than no guildleader."

Deedee claims, "I've seen some great GLs that were new characters"

Temi claims, "So if a cyan is the only one who wants to do it, we're happy to give them the chance."

Anonymous says, "Both times I was GL it happened when that acharacter was still cyan"

Deedee says, "New players*"

Temi states, "Plus, apped in guildleaders will start cyan, even if they aren't new players."

Deedee nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Phoenixdoll says, "Besides, yeah. "

Cat asks, "Yeah. I'm talking new players here. If you are an experienced player and you want to be Gl , then you can turn your cyan period off, no?"

Wimpled is idle.

Anonymous claims, "There is an establish command yes"

Wimpled is no longer idle.

Wimpled has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "I think even old players have some trouble building relationships and integrating a new character, which is why all characters have a cyan period, old or new."

Cat claims, "Exactly. Applications can turn cyan off too. I think you can't be a GL and a cyan."

Deedee nods.

Temi states, "Cyan doesn't just mean you don't know what you're doing, yeah.  There's also the don't yet have the character connections."

Phoenixdoll wonders, "What's the issue with a GL being cyan?"

Raspberries claims, "I don't see a problem with things as they are. If they don't work out, they don't work out"

Temi says, "And would hate to make someone who was interested in potentially GLing have to give that up"

Kinaed claims, "With regards to GLs, honestly, sometimes new players are the most passionate because the game is still sparkly to them in a particular way, so I find they tend to make pretty solid GLs if they have the GL skillset in them at all. It is definitely a thing not everyone is cut out for - having said that, we don't bar people based on skill for a number of reasons."

Raspberries nods at Kinaed.

TheKingInYellow says, "Sometimes an enstablished player may want to keep their new character cyan because as they begin to RP as the character they may want to make some changes"

Raspberries nods.

Cat says, "Well, I just wanted to bring it up."

Sparkles states, "I think one issue that came up before is that cyans can return to purchase wealth/silver and there's been concern or thought on that getting into the mix once someone is a GL etc."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "It's a fair thought to consider, absolutely."

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Ahh."

Phoenixdoll says, "That'd be abuse of the system, purchases and such is logged. You're not allowed to come back and buy stuff that you just didn't have XP for. "

Kinaed states, "Okay, it's after the top of the hour, and I have a few things to take care of. :)"

Cat states, "Cyan also get other protections, that could be exploited. Like feeling bad about gambitting them."

Wimpled says, "Tournament will be kicking into gear for anyone that wants to join."

Wimpled claims, "Arm wrestling, thumb wrestling, and melee sparring."

Phoenixdoll states, "Woo get pumped. :)"

Wimpled states, "Food and drinks provided."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, thank you for coming everyone :) I hope you have a blast at the festival and tournament today!"

Deedee waves.

NotNaomi says, "That is a consideration, people not doing a gambit because the character is cyan, even if they've done more than enough to warrant it."

Kaiden states, "Yeah, I think if I wanted to go back to character gen to adjust stuff, I'm still in that time. But I feel that I'm pretty set and doing so would just be abuse."

Wimpled claims, "Come for the thumb wrestling, stay for the puns about the Epion's staff. "

Deedee continues waving awkwardly.

Phoenixdoll states, "Kaiden It's only abuse if you're buying stuff you couldn't afford. If you need to swap things, that's allowed."

Kaiden says, "Ah I see."

Kinaed says, "Okay, sending everyone back :) Have a good day everyone."

Kaiden claims, "Welp, still good anyway. lol"

• Information