Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-08-29

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Pizzzzzza says, "I can look at myself which is all I ever needed"

Kitty finishes her note.

Kinaed wonders, "No topics for today?"

Kinaed has transferred Yinadele.  [OOC]

Kinaed gives Yinadele some coins.

Kinaed claims, "Alright, it may be a short OOC Chat :)"

BREAD claims, "Diamonds be wack. Praise the bolt. That's all"

Cyan begins to count their money.

Raspberries idly flips a silver coin.
Raspberries notes that it is crowns.

BREAD has lost link.
BREAD has reconnected.

Pizzzzzza says, "I'm gonna give a big heck yeah to that bread"

Kinaed states, "Kicking off Staff Topics - last week, I did one teeny, tiny policy request (it wasn't even a case really), and requested Az revert the 5 min RPxp thing because the data suggested it wasn't doing what we needed it to, and it was hitting some of our most dedicated players the worst. I do think we still need to achieve better focus and responsiveness in RP, but I don't think that particular attempt was successful. So, back to the drawing board. On my desk - turf wars."

Kinaed muses, "That's it for me. Az?"

Azarial says, "I've only managed a few smaller bugs, as it's been one of those weeks."

BREAD muses, "Oh wait 5 min timer is GONE?"

Kinaed states, "I did notice some 12 changes on the board, albeit I think they were mild."

Kinaed nods at BREAD.

Deedee didn't even notice it left.

Kinaed claims, "Mostly minor fixes in things like wording and whatnot."

Ilena declaims, "A lot of bugfixes!"

Kinaed claims, "Az is trying to track down the issue with autowarn end of span report, but no one has it on, so he can't see where it is falling out."

Kinaed asks, "Can anyone volunteer to put it on, keep it on, and let Az have a look?"

Deedee states, "I think I have it on"

Azarial says, "It logs to wiznet, thankfully."

Anonymous claims, "Yes, but I don't know how to put it on."

Kinaed asks, "Type 'autowarn' I think?"

Kitty says, "I actually have had it on. And always have it on."

Deedee claims, "Yeah I had it on"

Kinaed claims, "Or auto warn"

Anony claims, "Sure"

Anonymous states, "Oh, mine was already on then"

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "I suspect a lot of people have it on, and it's just not working."

Kitty states, "I just checked, and it turned it off. I turned it back on. So, I think several have it on, the default is on."

Deedee nods in agreement.

Azarial claims, "Thanks."

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, that's a helpful clue everyone."

Sparkles says, "I've been trying to look through my logs to see the last time I could say it worked but thus far no gold."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, I think that's everything for Az - Ilena? :)"

Kitty says, "It was back... maybe February or March of 2019, I think."

Raspberries says, "I can check, should be able to narrow it down to a date"

Kinaed states, "I wonder what our change log says happened then."

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "That'd be super appreciated"

Kitty claims, "I thought, at the time, it had stopped working because it was a hint system for new players, and I was no longer new at that point."

Pizzzzzza says, "THE BOLT can be bound by no mortal BREAD"

BREAD claims, "Oh dear you got ooc channel and here confused"

Ilena pontificates, "I mostly did a lot of requests and helped out with a few reported bugs and issues! I got to help people <3 It felt good! Thank you everyone for being patient. I was also hoping to make some adjustment with Az+Niamh's permission to add a few things to brewing. If you all have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Ilena.

Kinaed exclaims, "Thanks!"

Sparkles claims, "Whee, Brewing ideas."

Kinaed trails off, "That's everything for Staff Updates, but the OOC Chat is really about staff connecting to players, so..."

Kinaed muses, "Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week?"

Kinaed queries, "Well, in this last week?"

Deedee claims, "I had an idea for vegetable juice"

Kinaed muses, "Interesting - as a craft?"

BREAD claims, "Cat this is your time"

Kinaed trails off, "I wonder whether that'd go into cooking, herbalism, brewing..."

Yinadele says, "Super busy! But in a good way."

Deedee says, "To add to brewing, yeah."

Deedee says, "Like fruit juice"

BREAD claims, "Insane"

BREAD says, "Insane week"

Kinaed claims, "I notice that the Seneschal Tenure period is almost up - bids will be happening in 7 days 4 hours 46 minutes 51 seconds (Sep 06 2020 00:00)."

Deedee nods.

Pizzzzzza declaims, "Had some ups and downs! Had some mercantile drama (oo aa) and finished a very very big project"

Cat declares, "Uh. Everything! So many Brewing Ideas! AH! like... Tea blends for example!"

Anonymous states, "That's not that far away"

Pizzzzzza claims, "Mixed drinks please"

Potato says, "Game very fun, playing some less due to irl. missing some folks because they got tackled by irl"

BREAD says, "Pina colada pls"

Kinaed says, "Yes, I understand that school has started again for several folk."

Kinaed says, "For me, it was just an intense week OOC."

Unrecognized command.  Perhaps you meant the following:
           osay           oc          ooc   

Raspberries states, "Okay, the last time I saw an autowarn was 5:49AM on Mon Apr 01 2019"

Kinaed exclaims, "Wow, interesting. Thank you!"

Kitty says, "Hrm. I was a month off. Alright."

Cat says, "Fruit sirups out of fruit and honey/ sugar, that can enhance drink. That be cool."

Yinadele says, "Yeah, I've never seen an Autowarn in my gametime."

Kinaed has awarded you 5 QPs: digging through old logs to find the last of Autowarn.

Potato wonders, "Can we get more vegetables?"

Kinaed questions, "Meanwhile, anything shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Pizzzzzza has lost link.
Pizzzzzza has reconnected.

Sparkles states, "There's a vegetable shop people might not know about."

Potato questions, "Also did midieval people really consider pumpkins to be a vegetable?"

Kinaed queries to Potato, "Can you pboard me a list of vegetables you'd like?"

BREAD states, "Pumpkin is a vegetable"

Potato says, "Nope"

BREAD wonders, "What else would it be? a fish?"

Potato states, "Its a fruit"

Potato claims, "Im a vegetable, i should know"

Sparkles says, "So there might be more vegetables around for sale than folks might realize."

Cat states, "There were weird incedences where everyone was kicked from the server witha dc."

Ilena declares, "That's a bug I helped with!"

Ilena pontificates, "Already fixed by Az!"

BREAD claims, "Kinaed can i pboard you some veggies too"

Cat says, "Okay"

Kinaed claims to BREAD, "Thank you :) Pboard Staff and say Kinaed asked you to."

Kinaed questions, "Well everyone - it looks like all of our problems are solved, we have no player topics, and the game is happy? Everyone's running for Seneschal at the end of next week?"

Potato states, "Kinaed i'll look at vegie shop and pboard you some stuff"

Kinaed states to Potato, "Thank you, Potato :)"

Deedee states, "Growable tomatos to go with my avocados would be nice"

Anonymous says, "Depends on lots of factors, really. I don't want to spoil anything."

Kinaed pontificates to Anonymous, "Fair!"

Pizzzzzza says, "While I think about it, the Farin helpfiles say they chew sugarcane for a sweet snack. Something like that would be cool, otherwise it's only refined sugar and coamjar"

Kinaed claims, "I do hope that the Seneschal bid is a nice bit of political fun for the game for a bit though."

Potato muses, "Does anyone else get vavardi and vandagan mixed up or is it just me?"

Sparkles says, "They sell the sugarcane in the Farin Quarter as an item."

Deedee says, "Coamjar is sugar"

Anonymous claims, "I just think of vandagans as russians and vavardi as the french"

Kinaed claims to Potato, "It's been 15 years, but I think I had that problem for the first two or three."

Pizzzzzza states, "Sparkles I will take this under advisement thank you. You will be well rewarded for this"

Kinaed says, "Coamjar is a form of sugar, absolutely. There are a lot of sugars out there."

Potato states, "Daaamn this game is ooold xD"

Kinaed states, "Older than my presence here too. I came to TI in 1999, didn't start running it until 2004."

Kitty states, "I can't remember when I started playing, but it was back in the 2000s. And then, I took a VERY LONG hiatus."

Potato pontificates, "Please add explosives and gunpowder. we must defeat the daravi with skience!"

Kitty says, "I remember when crafting really wasn't a thing. At.... all."

Kinaed questions, "Oh, I am curious - since the 5 minute RPxp timer didn't work, is there anything people think MIGHT work to improve people's focus and response times in RP?"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed muses, "Crafting was essentially retool, if I remember correctly?"

Kitty claims, "Yes, that's all it was."

BREAD claims, "Gentlemans agreement to keep emote lenght shorter after 4 people would be good"

Anonymous says, "I have an... idea for that Kinaed. But I have no idea if it's feasible or not."

Kinaed claims, "All ears."

Kitty claims, "And having a job as a waitress was... you simply basically take up residence somewhere, and do the purchasing and delivering. Yep."

BREAD says, "But maybe thats a different tea"

Sparkles claims, "I will say that a lot of it sometimes is the ingrained expectation of turns."

Kitty states, "Or as a baker - buy it and claim it as yours. Yep."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Potato trails off, "Well, Kinaed, I think there is a style difference from person to person and some prefer paragraphs while others prefer rapid fire tiny phrases... idunno if theres a solution to this really"

Cyan claims, "Make it a bonus to RPXP Gain if you emote UNDER a certain amount of minutes instead of a punishment for missing the deadline"

Yinadele claims, "You could let the idle(NOT AFK) timer be something players could set for themselves, and remove keepalive functions."

Anonymous states, "Perhaps a way of incentivizing faster responsiveness could be that your skills in your POOL convert to skill ranks faster if you are under the 5 minute timer"

Sparkles states, "To the point where people put in Whois info that not following Turns even if it isn't policy will inspire them to not RP with you."

Kinaed says, "I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem is people doing other things while they're RPing and not paying attention. Paragraphs don't take 20 minutes to write."

Potato states, "Cuan thats the same thing but without a big scarey red label"

Kinaed states, "We're not trying to change people's style, we're trying to get people to be present in the window when they're RPing with someone."

Anony never understood how keepalive works and manually checks every thirty minutes if afk, well tries to.

Deedee states, "Keepalive has to be setup in your client"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "That's odd."

Anonymous wonders, "@kinaed did you see my post?"

Kinaed says to Anonymous, "I did not. Scrolling up."

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Potato claims, "Well, if a person continually falls asleep in a scene i just roleplay with other PCs"

Raspberries says, "I'd wait for further changes until autowarn is fixed myself."

Kinaed claims, "Interesting idea. Going to write that down."

Anonymous states, "Okay, thanks"

Potato claims, "Obviously i wasnt engaging enough to keep them awake"

Kitty claims, "Requiring turns can get... tedious in a very large group, or even a group of 5 or more. It means requiring people to sit there for up to 25 or more minutes not responding while waiting for everyone else. Turns, as far as I understand, is intended for stressful RP."

BREAD says, "Hey youre being mean potato"

Cat queries, "Wouldn't that Idea make leveling Wisdom less worth?"

Anonymous states, "It would stack with your normal pooling rate, ideally."

Kinaed says, "That's just it - we absolutely don't require turns unless turns is called. Usually because of a tense situation where if someone takes 5 actions in a row, they're superhumanly quicksilver at the start of a fight or something."

Anonymous claims, "And most of the time, people improve wisdom for other reasons, like spotting hemotes. At least I think"

Potato trails off, "Bread, listen... us starches got to stick together on this"

Pizzzzzza states, "I like the faster pooling myself because I'm impatient. And improving wisdom still gets learn slots."

Potato claims, "This seems like it can be gamed"

Cat states, "Okay"

Yinadele says, "I really don't mind if people post around me in the evenings due to my IRL narcolepsy sometimes being problematic when everything has worn off."

Cyan claims, "Make people who idle out or hit a timer more susceptible to IC illness."

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

POTATO says, "Yup, the struggle is real"

Kitty states, "I've been in tense situations where people were posting mega-fast before people replied, and turns were necessary. I think as long as people aren't writing someone else out of a scene, it shouldn't be necessary - which, that's what happens when people are mega-posing over and over and over."

Kinaed states, "I never minded if people posted more than myself either, but I come from pre-turns world. TI didn't have turns in 1999 and people just RPed at whatever speed they liked without anyone finding it rude or whatnot."

BREAD states, "Ive had one or two times where turn order was asked for and thats ok "

Sparkles claims, "I'd honestly love for group scenes if I could automatically set it to ping me with the 'Page' sound when I'm targetted."

Kinaed claims, "I don't get how someone can write someone out of a scene."

Cat claims, "I struggle stayin awake sometimes, because I'm playing to long into the night in my european timezone."

Deedee says, "You could set that up in your client, Sparkles"

Kinaed says, "People are responsible for their own presence in a scene, no one else. And it's not physically possible to 'write someone out'."

BREAD says, "But yea yeeting the turn order expectation was a godsend"

Sparkles states, "I will say that was IMHO the biggest improvement during the 5 Minute timer, people relaxed the turn expectation from what I found."

Kitty says, "Well, I guess I mean OOCly ignoring someone entirely and not allowing them to truly participate. IC ignoring is different from OOC."

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "I wish that group scenes - or any scene really - didn't actually slow down to the point that people need pinging to keep their attention."

POTATO trails off, "Well kinaed i once entered a room and emoted to 4 people in the room, and was followed by 4 turns, all of whom emoted absolutelt jack squat that i was in the room. thats unanymously writing a player out of a scene. maybe accidental, maybe cliquish, who knows..."

Sparkles states, "Less about slow and more about in a scene with 8 people I sometimes miss things."

Kinaed questions to POTATO, "So emote yourself?"

Raspberries claims, "It can be difficult to keep track of when people speak to you in large scenes"

Kitty claims, "You are welcome to take that IC and consider them all rude."

Raspberries states, "Easy to get tunnelvision"

POTATO states, "Yep i asserted dominance"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Anonymous states, "When someone ignores me, I start T-Posing to assert dominance."

Anony claims, "Yeah, I can't always keep up with super large scenes either. Especially long into the night."

Kitty muses, "... t-posing?"

BREAD claims, "In a tense scene if someone stumbles in then its easy for me to forget about them"

Anonymous says, "I am so disappointed that no one got that reference."

Yinadele claims, "Yeah t-posing"

Yinadele says, "I get you."

Anonymous states, "Thank you"

POTATO trails off, "Ooh t-pose yeah thats sooo ... ugh private/public convos"

BREAD trails off, "So yea when that happens what helped was the person calling it out in character..."

Yinadele states, "Something I might also bring up is that TI is a pretty small playerbase relatively small."

Kinaed says, "I get cagey when people make their situations other people's fault. A person cannot be written out of a scene. At best, they can be ignored. The answer to being ignored is making noise."

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

Kitty says, "The way I see it, it's not... about dominance. It's about writing a story together. But, I don't understand what 't-posing' is."

Yinadele states, "The vast majority of scenes I had tended to be longform and slow, because usually I need to just RP with one person at a time."

Kinaed claims to Kitty, "Same. A T-pose to me is something you put a 3D model in prior to rigging and animation. *cough*"

Deedee wonders, "Is it related to Mr. T?"

Yinadele says, "And that's... The majority of the time, what slow posts are from."

Anonymous states, "T-Posing is standing completely upright, legs together, with your arms out to your sides so you make the letter T. It's an internet meme, which I co-opted for a very bad joke that has no real relevance to this discussion."

Anonymous says, "And yes, it comes from 3D animation"

Yinadele claims, "Rather than just about people taking 20 mins to write a paragraph (unless I pass out at my keyboard IRL)"

Kinaed exclaims to Anonymous, "Ahh!"

POTATO muses, "I thought tposing was when your speech is fragmented putside of a 'join' group?"

Kitty claims, "Oh. I... think that while comments like that might be amusing, in a meeting where we have limited time, using something that people think is serious when you aren't actually adding to the conversation is, legtimately, distracting to what we are trying to accomplish here."

Cyan nods

POTATO claims, "I am a potato"

Kinaed wonders, "So. Causes of drawn out scenes where multiple people experience narcolepsy and how to return focus and flow to  RP?"

BREAD wonders, "Is it really such a big issue?"

Raspberries claims, "Electrical shocks might work"

Azarial questions, "Adjust the settings t encourage better rpxp with smaller emotes to keep it moving?"

Kinaed states, "Yes, I think it is."

POTATO claims, "I think its just inderstood when there are enough people in a scene that turns are a loose guideline rather than a rule and if it takes too long then ready emotes can fire away and cut in line"

Kinaed says, "It's something i hear people complain about nearly weekly, and frequently with cyans who drop off."

POTATO asks, "Complaining about cyans???"

Kitty says, "Ok, so... elsemu a non-participation helpfile was created that can be assisted, which staff can see. And, they can then track who the habitual non-participaters are."

Kinaed claims, "Well, not in the last three weeks, ironically. But prior to that, yes. It's one of the highest ranked items in complaints from cyan players."

Yinadele claims, "No, not complaining about Cyans."

Yinadele claims, "No, not complaining about Cyans."

Wimpled claims, "It's not just big scenes.  People do it in small scenes, too.  It's legitimately made it difficult to accomplish anything if you have an hour of play.  "

Yinadele trails off, "But..."

Yinadele claims, "The playerbase is small so most scenes are longterm and drawn out when they occur. There is also very little to warrant people remaining at their desks/super active."

POTATO says, "Hey this brand new player doesnt know what they are doing wtf people"

Sparkles says, "I'll say I think it's a complex issue, but part of it is problems that I think folks contribute to themselves."

Yinadele says, "Most players make up the plot at their own pace."

Yinadele says, "That's the general atmosphere of the game."

Kinaed states, "The pbase is also not growing because we can't retain new players who find the game dull as dirt when their RP partners are off with the fairies."

Yinadele states, "When there is conflict, it's a single scene, swift, decisive, chop chop."

BREAD trails off, "Maybe new players are just not used to the slow pace? if the main source of complaints is new players, not established ones... "

Kinaed says, "And our game will die as old players reach the end of their lifecycle and we can't get new ones. So we have to change."

Kitty states, "I believe it's already been stated that no one is complaining about cyans."

Kitty muses, "Did you see my suggestion?"

Azarial says, "The cyans complain that the old players are boring as dirt becuase they don;t do anything in a timely manner."

Kinaed states to Kitty, "Not sure I did. Scrolling up. Thanks for checking"

Cat questions, "I'm mean. I was a new player until recently and I love this to bits so... It can#t be that bad right?"

BREAD queries, "What i mean kinaed is maybe then the issue isnt that people are distracted from roleplaying, but that the pace of the game is just slow, which is perceived as inattention... like, its a different problem which needs different solutions... so are we sure the problem is inattention?"

Wimpled claims, "There are established players with the same complaints.  I think that's been expressed when it's come up on the forums."

Kinaed says to Cat, "I think it's bad enough that it's a reoccuring theme."

POTATO exclaims, "TI;L is not dying... say it aint so!!! tell me how to get that vite button and i will murder it daily"

Kinaed says to Pizzzzzza, "Mean about the help file? I think people won't use it because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."

Kinaed states to Kitty, "You mean about the help file? I think people won't use it because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."

Kinaed says, "(sorry, mistarget)"

POTATO says, "I honestly cant get the vote to work and really want to vote."

Kitty states, "I think it depends how it is phrased, and if people are agitated enough to complain about it in meetings or on the boards, they'd use it."

Kinaed says, "In order to remain relevant, we need to reach players - which is usually word of mouth, so things like reviewing TI on Reddit help. So does advertising, but I just don't have the time or money to do much with that. And when we do get players, we need them to stick. And that means being fun."

Pizzzzzza muses, "If we're going to have quick-spam complaints to yeet at players, can we also have quick commendations? Like a little 'thanks bud I'm too lazy to write a full recommend but you're a real good player'?"

Kinaed queries, "I can fix the vote links if someone pboards me the correct links they're talking about?"

BREAD says OOCly, "(we need more people chilling in the queen's inn so newbies can find em, the taverns have been a tad empty this week)"

Sparkles says, "The thing is I don't know that 'how fast people emote' is the only issue with retention of either older or newer folks. It might be a factor, certainly, but I don't imagine it's the only one."

Kinaed nods at BREAD.

Pizzzzzza says, "This week was pretty busy OOC but I can pledge to haunt the taverns more"

BREAD finishes abruptly, "So my experience inviting 4 people in who made chars - 2 dont have the time to play, one finds the theme too strict and one loves it "

Cat claims, "Same. I will haunt the Queen's if it helps."

Yinadele says, "Well... The problem is that that the slow players are the ones most invested into the game because they're taking it at pace, as shown by the 5 min rule. And they're definitely the ones providing RP. As someone who tries to invest and help out new players a lot, as a relatively new player, I will say that most plot is given in small, monthly drips. RP seems very slow in general. All antagonism is mostly PvP antagonism"

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "I understand that it's hard to accept that our RP styles may have a large effect on player retention, but I can reassure you that my data says yes. "

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "It may not be the ONLY factor, but it is certainly a big one."

Wimpled states, "I really don't think it's helpful to claim that only slow players are invested in the game."

Wimpled says, "Or the most invested."

Sparkles muses, "Do people tell staff that's why they are leaving?"

POTATO states, "Im inviting my favorite peeps from my last mud. havent gotten any of them to stay yet unfortunately"

Yinadele claims, "That's fair, let me reword- The invested people most new players are seemingly encountering."

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "Yes, that's literally what I said. I also receive complaints frequently from existing, long standing players about other players on a frequent basis."

Cyan says, "I doubt any policy or mechanics change will make someone who isn't giving an RP scene heir full attention post quicker, or, keep someone who is falling asleep during a scene awake. "

BREAD says, "Also ive been fairly cliquey the last few weeks so i prolly should be roaming around finding new people myself too "

Deedee nods.

Deedee claims, "Been so busy with RL stuff, it's hard to get outside of Physician RP here"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "In this room, today, if you reread the OOC logs, I believe there were two players who said they find it hard to get things done when scenes take ages."

Wimpled claims, "Honestly, the changing of phrasing didn't make it any better, Yin."

Sparkles claims, "Sorry, I understand."

Yinadele trails off, "But, if that's the literal issue new players are encountering..."

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Nothing to be sorry about :)"

BREAD states, "I dont know how to solve the emote pacing issue but what ill be doing is going more out of my way to find and invite new players into rp"

Kinaed states, "I don't think the slower players are most invested in the game. Data doesn't support that. "

Wimpled claims, "1) We don't know that the slowness they are experiencing is just from someone being a slower pace and 2) the use of who is invested. "

Kinaed states to BREAD, "That's deeply appreciated, thank you."

Kinaed says to Wimpled, "It's true that we don't necessarily know the cause of slowness. I don't understand what you mean by 'the use of who is invested'"

Kitty states, "She's mentioning why the comment was a problem from someone else."

Kinaed wonders, "My daughter's crying, can Ilena take over please?"

Kinaed has gone AFK.

Cat queries, "Can we not pick on each other, please?"

Kinaed has returned from AFK.

Wimpled finishes abruptly, "'slow players are most invested in the game' to 'invested people most new players are seemingly encountering' - use of language "

Wimpled has gone AFK.

Kinaed says, "I agree with Isac, please remember the pact."

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Ilena declaims, "Well! It's hitting the 7:50 mark, and I think we can focus on perhaps a forum thread or submitting further suggestions in pboards so we can come to a positive idea!"

Kinaed nods at Ilena.

Ilena claims, "It might be productive to see if there are other things anyone else wants to go over."

Kitty claims, "I would say about our new players, just like our old ones, I'm sure we have some MUSHers (long posers) and some that are used to more quick. New or old, we have the same tendencies - just depends one way or the other."

Kitty says, "And quickers get irritated at slowers, and slowers get irritated at quickers."

Kinaed pontificates, "I think the previous topic wasn't moving towards solutions at the moment. Maybe we can attempt it again next week. Please note that I'm quite keen on ideas to help improve the focus in RP and would love to hear them outside of this forum. Just shoot me a note or a Discord. Thanks!"

Kinaed has transferred Gilt.  [OOC]

BREAD says, "Bye bye peeps have a good week "

Kinaed gives Gilt some coins.

Cat states, "Have a nice week guys."

Kinaed muses, "Wait, are we closing?"

BREAD asks, "Arent we? sorry its late and im a mess"

Kinaed states, "Sorry, got confused when my daughter came in."

Cat questions, "I dunno?"

Kinaed says, "We have five more minutes, but we can wrap up :)"

Ilena exclaims, "Well, I admit I'm not hearing any other topics so far!"

POTATO claims, "I have one"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll have a reread of the log for this meeting because I think I missed a lot."

Kinaed queries to POTATO, "Sure, what's your topic? :)"

Ilena muses, "Sure! What's up?"

Raspberries claims, "I'll have the log up shortly."

Raspberries claims, "Ohh, topic."

POTATO says, "Just wanted to say that i love how proactive staff are seeking feedback from players regularly. best feature in the game imho."

They aren't here.

Kinaed states to POTATO, "Aww, thanks. :)"

Anonymous is idle.

Anonymous is no longer idle.
Anonymous has returned from AFK.

Wimpled has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "Okay.. a reminder - to help us get new players to play with, please consider writing a review. The best place for that at the moment seems to be Reddit because TMC has stopped processing reviews (seems like)."

Kinaed says, "Unless that's changed recently."

Kinaed says, "There are other mud sites, but I think they have relatively low foot traffic."

Raspberries muses, "I'll give some more thought on the subject, but I'm still curious to see if there will be any change once autowarn is working. Was it as much of an issue 2 years ago while it was working?"

Anony says, "Perhaps it might help enthuse newer people if plots were more open and not as secluded as they tend to be now? As in, when a guild is acting, so that the whole guild can see it if no action is taken to make it covert? Just a random thought on retention, since exclusivity closes up accessibility."

Kinaed claims, "Meanwhile, thank you everyone for attending these meetings and participating."

Kitty states, "I think autowarn would help immensely."

BREAD says OOCly, "I like anonys idea"

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "It was, yes, but I think it was less of an issue."

Raspberries nods.

Wimpled claims, "Thirding on autowarn"

Kinaed questions to BREAD, "That's about converting pool while rping?"

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Anonymous states, "Whenever I'm doing a project or some bigger 'thing', I try to make it generally known through rumors or moods and so on. No one ever investigates or inquires though."

BREAD states, "No the recent one"

Yinadele claims, "I would like to see Autowarn too."

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

Anony says, "Hard to investigate with limited QP, to be fair."

Kinaed states, "Az is trying. It's a deeper trace than most bugs because the issue isn't within autowarn, it's something OUTSIDE it that is preventing it from kicking off."

Kitty claims, "I don't think we can force anyone to do anything with their own plots - they will have them as open or as secluded as they want to, especially since it's their QP spent."

Anonymous says, "Doesn't need QP, I don't mean via plots"

Anonymous says, "You can just go up and ask someone about the thing they're doing, if you know about it through rumors and such"

Anony states, "I meant Guild point set plots, not QP point plots."

Kinaed says, "I think it's a good point that there are RP hooks floating around a lot of the time that people don't recognize as RP hooks."

POTATO says OOCly, "Voting is still encouraged right?"

Kinaed queries, "It might be interesting to see if we can make it more clear when a rumor is from a plot or something?"

Kinaed states, "But next week."

Deedee states, "Voting's always encouraged"

Kinaed says to POTATO, "It is, but apparently my links are broken. It'd be a great help if someone could Typo board the correct links."

POTATO claims, "Yes please i cant get votes to work"

Kinaed smiles.

POTATO questions, "Somebody?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're at the top of the hour. Thank you for participating everyone. We deeply appreciate your time helping us improve the game. :)"

Raspberries waves.

Kinaed waves.

• Information