Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-08-22

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kuzco

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Temi muses, "So, we are down a Kinaed today, getting a bit extra sleep, so I'll be running the meeting for you all. Our agenda is: 1) Staff updates, 2) Player heartbeat, 3) Player Topics. Before we get going, anyone want to get on the list for player topics?"

PrayTheMageAway questions, "I have a request (anyone surprised?)"

Anonymous says, "Yes, I have a topic. And another one at the end if there's time."

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Two things here"

Ilena starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Ilena finishes her note.

Temi questions, "Okay, got Pray the Mage Away, Anonymous, and The Heresy Agenda. Anyone else for the moment?"

Sparkles states, "I just have an announcement but that can go at the very end."

Cat claims, "I've got nothing, but I'm happy to be here"

TheHeresyAgenda gives a good shake of his baby rattle, causing it to make a rhythmic rattling sound with each movement.

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Temi says, "Okay! Let's continue on then."

Temi claims, "Staff updates. Az left an update that it's just been a few bug fixes this week."

Temi states, "I don't see anything that should be super exciting for anyone that hasn't been documented yet."

Ilena exclaims, "IRL has been, unfortunately, kind of busy! That's okay, though. I've still been learning various requests, and doing my best to set things up! I'm sorry if you're all still waiting on anything!"

Temi states, "Ilena's done a great job of getting up to speed and we're very much appreciating having her here."

Deedee nods in agreement.

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Yey ilena, yay staff"

Ilena blushes!!!

Temi claims, "For myself, I'm working on some final updates to the big Vandagan plot. Other than that, just some simple requests and such as I can."

Temi states, "Not too much beyond that of particular interest."

Temi questions, "So... player heartbeat! How's RP been for folks this week?"

Cat states, "Really good, but a bit slow."

Yinadele states, "Lots of newbies, lots of IC organizing! It's been tons of fun, even if it's been quiet-ish."

Deedee exclaims, "Busier!"

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "interesting. and good"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "I was a bit bummed this week, couldnt find as much rp around town, and a player was consistently making a scene suck over and iver again by falling asleep, apologizing, and falling asleep again. it was getting a little ridiculous and stopping others from playing. particularly so in one case where they were holding some items needed for a scene and nobody could figure out how to get them to let go of the items. not to name names but just quite helpless to do anything when this keeps occuring. it has been fun interacting with so many of the new players though"

Temi nods at PrayTheMageAway.

Temi states, "Please do feel free to excuse yourself if you're not able to stay awake. Better than trying to struggle through."

PrayTheMageAway trails off, "Id much rather know better than to keep waiting for your turn thats not coming... im just saying"

Sparkles says, "Also in a few cases that's led to uh ... fatal (IC) results."

Temi has transferred foodie. [OOC]

Temi gives a smooth wooden baby's rattle painted in light, cheery hues to foodie.

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Foodie smiles at Temi.

Kuzco says, "It's been alright =)"

Temi states, "Staff policy has been that if you're there, you're there, and while we don't explicitly encourage targeting idle people, we don't
protect people from it, and if there's other reasons their being found might be bad... best to not risk that."

Temi questions, "Anything else of note for folks that's not a topic already?"

Temi asks, "Anything bothering anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Kuzco states, "I'm good."

Foodie says, "Er, just one little thing"

Temi nods at foodie.

Foodie claims, "We need a bulk tallow recipe please. If that can be managed."

Temi states, "We can take a look at it, but I thought the tallow recipe was already fairly bulky"

Deedee says, "I remember it being pretty bulky"

Temi questions, "10 per suet, yes?"

Foodie says, "We don'tt have one to make multiple blocks of tallow, we have one for making suet but not lumps into multiple blocks of tallow, at
present we have recipe where we make one block"

Temi says, "Ah, we'll take a look. Though bulk recipes aren't strictly required, and aren't any more efficient as for making the thing or learning."

Foodie claims, "My appologies"

Temi states, "Nah, it's okay to bring these things up."

Temi queries, "Anything else folks want to mention pre-topics?"

Foodie states, "Other than that I am good"

Temi questions, "Okay. PrayTheMageAway, you had a topic?"

PrayTheMageAway states, "Considering the exceptionally fixed nature of several metrics in the city, and the fixed price of assets, would it be possible to entice the sale of lower earning assets by pricing them lower? the rigid prices of these assets make it very predictably for players like myself to hold out for only the highest of performing city metrics. it might motivate someone to try to start with a good deal, and end with subversion of current city metrics to make it a better deal, resulting in a more dynamic city. so my request is that the asset prices are modified based on the current performance of the asset. I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement at all but i think if its a feasible change it would result in a more dynamic Lithmore."

Ilena wonders, "Can you clarify what you mean by 'current performance of the asset'?"

Deedee claims, "The current payout based on metrics"

Temi claims, "A lot of what's there now is automated, but it's expected that going forwards they will be put up by a person wanting to sell it for
whatever price they want."

PrayTheMageAway says, "Well for example morale is doing very well so any asset tied to morale would pay more and any asset tied to -morale would pay
very little"

SandMan asks, "You mean scaling the costs in regards to the city metrics it is attached to?"

Temi claims, "So they can put it up for whatever price they want. I don't know that it would be fair to automatically adjust the prices a person
selling it wants to put on it"

PrayTheMageAway states, "Yes"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "If people can set their own prices in the future then i think that is even better"

Deedee states, "I assume they're referring to the price of creating one rather than buying one on the market"

PrayTheMageAway says, "But many of these asset sales are not from PC to PC"

Sparkles questions, "Have we tracked how often people tend to actually sell their assets? Or are most of those on there added from
deaths/liquidations?"

Deedee says, "I would guess most are from deaths/liquidations"

Ilena claims, "Deedee seems to have it. IE, in Asset Creation, current metric status should effect creation price."

Temi claims, "I think most are from when they were autocollected after 4 weeks of inactivity"

PrayTheMageAway states, "So yes i would be refering to non-PC sales or new created assets"

Temi says, "Which we no longer do."

Deedee nods.

Deedee states, "That too"

Temi claims, "It probably ought to be cleaned up and delete a lot of those."

Ilena states, "IE, Temi, if I made an asset for -morale, and morale was incredibly high, they are suggesting the asset price should be lower, to
encourage new players to shift metrics."

Temi claims, "Oh, I get what's being suggested."

PrayTheMageAway states, "Exactly"

Ilena says, "Meanwhile, if I purchase a Piety asset, it should be pretty costly."

Temi states, "I'm not necessarily opposed, but I don't think it can apply to the market."

Deedee nods.

Temi claims, "Since the market is intended to be PC to PC"

PrayTheMageAway states, "PC to PC is certainly preferred"

Ilena says, "That's fine, but I do think it could be a nice adjustment for Asset Creation, exclusively."

Temi questions, "There is already limits on accessibility of the most popular metrics, too. Do folks want to have an additional cost increase on the
current 'best' assets?"

PrayTheMageAway declaims, "For creation? of course!"

Temi says, "I mean, folks in general"

Deedee says, "It could help push people towards buying on the market"

Temi claims to PrayTheMageAway, "I assue you like your suggestoin."

Temi grins at PrayTheMageAway.

Temi nods at Deedee.

SeriousBusiness states, "I think I like the idea of assets costing more if they pay out more and vice versa. It would encourage some more dynamism in
the system."

Temi states, "And incentive to tank metrics to buy something you want cheap."

Deedee nods.

Path is idle.

SeriousBusiness says, "Oooh, that's a good point I didn't think about, yeah."

INFO> Calanthe is EDITING the note About Calanthe (Edited by Norrig), by Calanthe, on the Personal board.

INFO> Calanthe has edited the note About Calanthe (Edited by Norrig) (Edited by Calanthe) on the Personal board.

Temi states, "I'll put it on the staff discussion list."

PrayTheMageAway pontificates, "Thx! xD"

Temi asks of Anonymous, "Anonymous, you had a topic?"

Yinadele is idle.
TheHeresyAgenda is idle.
Cat is idle.

Cat is no longer idle.
Cat has returned from AFK.

Anonymous states, "Herbalism is a skill that lots of people like to have and to use, but I think there's an aspect of it that is often neglected in the area of poisons; or to be more accurate, usage of poisons for beneficial reasons. I would like to propose that recipes be added for new poison 'practice doses', at very high skill levels of herbalism. These doses would allow one to take a tiny amount of a poison to build up tolerance towards that poison, without risk of character death. All other side effects of poisons like pain, nausea, whatever, should still happen though. This will also let physicians actually see those poisons in action, for training purposes." 

TheHeresyAgenda is no longer idle.
TheHeresyAgenda has returned from AFK.

Deedee claims, "Tolerance doesn't really work well at the moment"

Anonymous claims, "Well damn. There goes that idea."

Deedee claims, "For many poisons, you can build up a tolerance by eating individual components rather than the poison recipe itself"

SeriousBusiness states, "I like the latter point and the RP involved with it - getting to see the effects of the poisons in action."

Temi says, "I think it does work some, but it doesn't really get exercised much at the moment."

SandMan asks, "Does not your ability to detect poison via sniff is based off your herbalism skill?"

Deedee claims, "It works some, but it's nearly impossible to build a tolerance to most things"

Deedee states, "I think the scales are off"

Cat states, "I think that's a cool idea."

Temi states, "I do agree that poisons are not really highly used though"

Kuzco clears his throat and looks away.

Temi claims, "But I don't know that it would make people more likely to use them"

Temi says, "I worry it would further dissuade their use for actual poisoning, if it was thought that ideal targets would already have a tolerance"

Temi muses, "Do folks have any thoughts on that?"

Deedee asks, "Who says we don't?"

Yinadele is no longer idle.
Yinadele has returned from AFK.

SandMan states, "Would be interesting to have your retainer taste test the food or whatever for you, watch for a reaction "

Deedee says, "I'm for improving the tolerance system."

Violet claims, "I don't really like the dosing idea, but I -do- have a vested interest in tolerance being improved"

Yinadele muses, "I feel like zero risk is an awkward thing, I admit. Can't people build up tolerances to poisons through their components?"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Yes pls improve tolerance system"

Temi claims, "Depends on the settings of the poison."

Yinadele states, "I think the Tolerance system could be adjusted, but I don't think I agree with practice doses in and of themselves."

Deedee claims, "Also add alcohol to tolerance"

Violet states, "I think it's been brought up several times in the last few months, all for very different reasons: some folks wanting to experience
withdrawal/play addicted characters, some for poisons, etc."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Omg yes please add alcohol to tolerance"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Yes please when can i get addicted"

Sparkles queries, "Maybe that could be an option like inflict?"

Foodie has lost link.

Sparkles muses, "Like you could chose to give yourself those things?"

Foodie has reconnected.

Temi claims, "We looked at having alcohol on the same system and they are not balanced at all in the scales"

Violet claims, "I think that was the census last time, Sparkles. A way to voluntarily make your character addicted"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Just become addicted to everything"
Path is no longer idle.
Path has returned from AFK.

Yinadele states, "Someone insane enough to dose themselves on deadly poison should probably be either a mage, or a trained physician who believes the
risk is low enough with assistance."

PrayTheMageAway declaims, "Or both! ::dramatic music ensues::"

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "When you microdose poison to build up tolerance but you happen to become addicted "

Deedee states, "Or this guy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridates_VI_of_Pontus"

Temi asks, "Okay, in the interest of time, let's move on to the next topic. TheHeresyAgenda?"

TheHeresyAgenda muses, "More colors would be nice. I heard AE has the some code base and more colors so maybe we can just copy whatever the heck they
got?"

Temi states, "It's been requested a bajillion times and it's on Az's list to consider how it's possible, but there's some definite code stability
issues with it currently"

PrayTheMageAway exclaims, "Give us orange or give us death!"

SeriousBusiness muses, "What if I want orange and death?"

Deedee claims, "I assume it might be more involved than just copying it over. there might be things that break. But yeah, more colors would be more
better"

Temi says, "So, yes, we know you want it. Yes, we want to give it to you. No, please don't expect it soon."

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Alrightie <2"

Violet declaims, "Also been discussed a few times recently-- would be nice to have brown and orange, if the whole system is unfeasible! :)"

TheHeresyAgenda says OOCly, "+1"

Temi muses, "Okay, Sparkles?"

PrayTheMageAway states, "Mkay <4"

Violet sneezes loudly.

Violet claims, "Huh. You can sneeze in OOC rooms? Fascinating."

TheHeresyAgenda trails off, "Small room... many people.... sneezing......."

Temi questions to Sparkles, "You had a quick topic?"

Deedee gets a medical mask of brown paper smelling of herbs and flowers from a basic field supply kit crafted from water-proofed leather.

Deedee wears a medical mask of brown paper smelling of herbs and flowers over her face.

Deedee social distances.

Sparkles says, "I'm just letting people know there is a little public event after the meeting for anyone looking to be sociable or get some RP."

Deedee removes a medical mask of brown paper smelling of herbs and flowers from her face.
Deedee stops using a medical mask of brown paper smelling of herbs and flowers.

Temi pontificates, "Great! Thanks for holding an event!"

Deedee claims, "I'm likewise having a little public event after the meeting, will try to wrap it up before Sparkles'"

Temi queries, "Continuing on, Anonymous, you had a second topic?"

Deedee asks, "Sparkles, would you mind waiting about an hour-ish?"

Anonymous claims, "Yes, I would like to ask that the HELP JOB help file be a little... clarified. I tried to use the job system recently to buy an item from a player, and none of us could figure out how to really work it or how to attach items. When we used JOB COMPLETE, the person using it seemed to get th emoney I attached to the job, but I never got the item, and don't really know what happened."

Kuzco nods.

PrayTheMageAway claims, "I second that motion. need jobs."

Anonymous states, "Like, I think some kind of syntax for attaching an item to a buy job might be missing from the help file. Because we couldn't
figure it out"

Temi claims, "There's no attaching items yet, it's staff handled to send it through"

Temi claims, "When I handle them, I usually will grab the item and send it by mail"

Anonymous wonders, "So we did everything right, and it just hasn't been processed yet?"

Temi states, "But for yours, I see one still sitting in the staff queue to handle, so it's not finalized yet"

Anonymous says, "Oh okay"

Cat queries, "How does that work? Do they just keep it in their inventory?"

Temi claims, "If you keep it in inventory or cnote, that can help streamline it, but if they don't, staff will ask"

Sparkles claims, "I do think long term being able to add things to the system like with plots could help though."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "I think it's planned long term"

Sparkles nods.

TheHeresyAgenda states, "(really need to go to the bathroom, if im not back in time for my topic cats gonna introduce it)"

Temi states, "Which is why we have a bit of an apparent mess with the helpfile at this point"

Deedee questions, "On an OOC-level is there any policy that jobs can't be scams?"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Just do what i do, play on phone while poopin"

Deedee states, "Ah. Shame."

Violet states, "Lace some illegal drugs."

Kuzco queries, "Hey does the Brotherhood still cash in a cut from all posted jobs?"

Cat states, "Can the lift helpfile be updated too? At the moment it only says that it's a reeve guildskill."

Deedee says, "Only anonymous ones I believe"

Anonymous states, "I was told by someone that they only get a cut from blackmarket anonymous jobs, not the regular ones"

Violet pontificates, "You wanted mugwort? How 'bout mugwort lasted with psychotropic frog elixir!"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Thats fair"

Kuzco nods.

Temi claims, "As for what is said, well, that can be more carefully defined."

Temi grins.

Sparkles says, "Yeah the 'scams' should be creative wording in the offer, IMHO, not straight using the system to lie to people."

Temi asks, "Okay, then, The Heresy Agenda - or Cat?"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Here kitty kitty"

Cat says, "It's about a way to mark clothes like tatoos indecent."

Kuzco states, "Or being a tubori"

Cat states, "Because you could run around naked from head to toe tatooed and would be considered decent."

Sparkles says, "There goes my wardrobe."

Deedee states, "Tattoos don't count as cover. piercings do though"

Temi says, "I don't know that tattoo type objects do count, or that they should"

Kuzco says, "Same goes for jewelry piercings."

Cat says, "It's to tool indecent clothing and hairdos too."

Deedee claims, "It would be nice to have a way to flag an item as not counting towards decency though"

Violet says, "AH! Yes. I would very much appreciate the capacity to 'edit' indecency in tooling. Or in the least, labeling piercings, underclothes
items corsets/petticoats/stockings etc. as indecent"

Path stops using a broadly-pleated cotton skirt fluttering down to the knees.

Path stops using a fluttery shoulder-wrap designed to protect the upper body.

Path stops using a triangular cotton chest wrap with a colorful fringed edge.

Path wears a broadly-pleated cotton skirt fluttering down to the knees on her legs.

Path wears a fluttery shoulder-wrap designed to protect the upper body about her body.

Temi wonders, "Would folks use it if there was such a command?"

Path claims, "Can confirm, tattoos don't block indecency"

Violet exclaims, "Yes!"

Path wears a triangular cotton chest wrap with a colorful fringed edge on her torso.

Temi claims, "I've mainly seen people trying to get rid of the indecent flag, rather than gain it."

Temi grins.

Deedee says, "Even if it was a crafter-specific command it'd be good to have"

Kuzco states, "Tuboris"

Deedee says, "That's a seperate issue I believe"

Path queries, "Or maybe just a command to flag yourself indecent at any time?"

Sparkles states, "I think for me a thing is how people instantly react to the tag OOCly without even reading full descrips at times."

Cat says, "It would make the rp more interesting."

PrayTheMageAway trails off, "Doth I spy a naked ankle? oh theres a tattoo... nevermind, not excited anymore"

Deedee states, "Being able to turn off the Indecent on the prompt, but that's just for yourself"

Sparkles states, "That said, I think people having the option to label clothing items 'sheer' or 'indecent' would be interesting."

Temi says, "Interesting yes, just wondering how much use it would get for the coding work."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "I was arrested for running through the streets naked. my pennance is to get a full body tattoo"

Temi states, "I've added the topic to the staff discussion list though"

Foodie is idle.
Yinadele is idle.

PrayTheMageAway questions, "How many layers of leggings is it possible to wear?"

Cat claims, "I hope I did the topic justice."

Deedee claims, "Three"

Temi says, "Three layers of items in any one location."

PrayTheMageAway muses, "If one is a tattoo then can u do 4?"

Deedee states, "No"

Temi states, "Nope"

Temi muses, "Okay. We have one minute left - any last minute topics or comments?"

Deedee claims, "If you have a tattoo, it counts as a layer so can only have 2"

Kuzco hmmms.

PrayTheMageAway says, "Ok"

Kuzco states, "Please remember to consider writing a review for r/MUD"

Sparkles says, "Also I can delay an hour, whoever was asking."

Deedee claims, "Thanks Sparkles"

Temi exclaims, "Alright. We'll go ahead and wrap up then. Sending everyone back!"

Temi waves.

• Information