Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-05-30

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 30, 2020 6:09 pm

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Venamelia has returned from AFK.

Deedee trails off, "Hm, there was something..."

Kinaed listens attentively.

Sparkles states, "I have something or I guess another reminder."

Kinaed states, "If not, or if you think of your topic while the chat goes on, let me know. Got you, Sparkles."

Exodia states, "Im not sure if it counts as a topic its my experience as a new player and trying to see whats going on."

Kinaed claims, "Adding Exodia too."

NotNaomi says, "I have a topic, the one I request boarded. :)"

Andorig sits down and rests.

Temi says, "We do have some topics from the request board, yep"

Venamelia says, "I also have something."

Kinaed says to NotNaomi, "Got you."

Kinaed muses, "I haven't seen the request board as of yet, it's been a very busy week for me. Temi, staff the list of Request Board topics please?"

Temi nods.

Kinaed says to Venamelia, "Got you."

Kinaed says, "We have a pretty full boat of topics this week, so if you haven't registered yet, let's look at your topic next week. Also, I apologize if we don't get to them all today."

Azarial states, "Please remember to pre-type them"

[Action: Condensation condensates chocolate ]

Exodia questions, "You can put me at the end maybe its better if i speak afterwards if theres time?"

Kinaed claims, "Meanwhile, Staff Updates - last week we had a pretty big policy case with the banning of a player who was once staff. I have a meeting after this to meet with people who believe the behavior of that player impacted them, and I will be sending everyone back, then transing those people in one-by-one."

Kinaed claims, "Then we'll have a group chat to see what we can do."

Kinaed claims, "That should resolve that item, and I still have the Turf Wars spec. THere's a post on the forums for feedbakc if anyone wants to take a stab. Meanwhile, that's it for me. Azarial, you're next :)"

Azarial states, "I've been looking at the bugs board, and adjusted the blackmarket into the job board."

Kinaed states, "Az is afk."

Kinaed pontificates, "Oh, but here!"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, yes - the blackmarket has become the job system as per the OOC Chat we had last week. Can I get some player-volunteers to test it for us?"

Deedee claims, "Oh, I remember my topic now."

Azarial states, "Niamh has given it a good ocne over, so it shouldn;t need much"

Kinaed states to Deedee, "I've noted you down, and hopefully we can get to you"

Temi says, "Players have been testing it in use too, so we'd love to hear from those if there's concerns"

Kinaed states, "Excellent. :)"

Sparkles muses, "Is the wording to the automatic rumors it makes going to change?"

Temi states, "Probably a good idea."

Kinaed says, "Potentially, if we have player testing/feedback that requests it."

Philly declares, "Quite excited about job board!"

Philly says, "Or system, rather"

Condensation states, "I'm eager to try it out myself."

Chipotle claims, "I feel like the rumors kind of spam the rumor menu, but I like that it's more actively visible."

Condensation states, "Once I figure out the how-to's, I'll gladly test it."

Kinaed muses to Sparkles, "Can you typo board which text specifically you think needs to change so we can find it in code?"

Murrmurs wonders, "Would it be possible for job/Blackmarket helpfile to be updated to reflect the nature of jobs in the game?"

Kinaed states to Murrmurs, "Definitely. I'll handle that today"

Murrmurs grins to Kinaed. 

Sparkles nods at Kinaed.

Deedee asks, "Since my topic is just a quick suggestion on jobs, mind if I just say it here?"

Kinaed states, "A couple of other minor changes: shoulder doesn't work if you're in combat or under arrest anymore."

KHARONYX claims, "Yesssssss."

Kinaed claims, "Similarly, the dust command no longer works if restrained."

KHARONYX asks, "What about dust area?"

Kinaed states, "Not reviewed as of yet."

Azarial claims, "No logs were provided to diagnose any issues."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, please try to dust an area, then submit the log on the typo. Otherwise it can be hard for us to find the problem in code to resolve."

KHARONYX says, "Will player test it, no worries."

Kinaed claims, "In general, please submit logs of a problem when encountering one."

Kinaed states to KHARONYX, "Thanks heaps"

Temi claims, "I think there was some fixes on dust after that first round of issues, though"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, Temi, I think it's your turn :)"

Temi nods.

Temi states, "Life's still crazy.  Actually home for the moment, but I'll be back to the parents' again tomorrow, so continuing to be slow.  So for now, just trying to keep up with as much request board, plot and requests as possible"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "It seems as though the request board is stacking up a bit, but I think a lot of that is about the meetings later today"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, both Temi and Az, for the work this week. The job system is very exciting, and the game wouldn't run without plots and Requests."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I'll also go over it today and resolve everything I can."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, so that's it for Staff Updates - Player Heartbeat! How was the game for everyone this week?"

KHARONYX says, "Fun."

Kinaed states to KHARONYX, "Awesome :)"

KHARONYX says, "Full of lightning strikes."

Wight claims, "Good! Good scenes and a nice little variety of them."

Murrmurs Have enjoyed the player-driven public events that have cropped up!

Kinaed queries, "Oh, it's been like that, has it?"

NotNaomi claims, "Busy, as per usual."

Deedee says, "Been busy with RL stuff, but the RP I've had has been good."

Kinaed queries to Murrmurs, "Oh, who ran what so we can reward them?"

Chipotle says, "Lawfulness makes me sad. But also, I haven't been around much due to IRL, so, I got over it. :joy:"

Philly states, "Hectic but fun."

Kinaed comforts Chipotle.

Yinadele says, "Had kind of an OOCly busy week IRL that stopped me from being as productive on either activity or game projects due to work and birthday, but RP has been fun overall! Got so many IC things done and sorted."

Murrmurs pontificates, "Rat Festival! And Rhoana's thing that's happening today!"

Kinaed comforts Yinadele.

Venamelia claims, "I had a few beautiful scenes. That means I had a bunch of very satisfying moments for Vena :D"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Good to hear."

Phoenixdoll says, "The Rat Festival was so good. I've been busy with work, but the RP I had earlier in he week was amazing. "

Chipotle cheers.

Condensation claims, "Slow start. Sounds like I missed a fun festival."

Mibs says, "Rats were good."

Kinaed comforts Condensation.

Citrus says, "Also busy with RL but enjoying RP with lots of people! +1 on the rat festival."

Puck claims, "Thanks for the rat love, folks. <3 <3"

Kinaed states, "Great stuff :) Please let me remind everyone to use the Recommend command if you haven't already. :)"

Kinaed states, "Okay, given we have so many topics today, let's kick off."

Temi states, "We definitely saw some recommends through on it"

Temi nods.

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Sparkles :) Your topic is first up."

Deedee smiles.

Chipotle sneezes loudly.

Sparkles claims, "It's just really a reminder about what I said last week about rumours and about having people consider not 'rumour stacking' too much on people."

Venamelia nods.

Kinaed wonders, "We stepped in with the player who was doing that a bit more hardcore than we had the week prior. I think that's stopped the issue for now. As far as I know, it was one player?"

Temi says, "I think so.  In general though:  the one rumor per topic policy should also apply to just generally dissing someone, even if you use slightly different topics for it"

Chipotle says, "I feel like to some extent it exploits and averts the limits of the rumor system to do otherwise, yeah."

Kinaed claims, "For the record, if we catch players abusing the rumor system, the pattern of staff behavior is 1) remediate the rumor and alert the player about what was done and why, asking them to adjust, 2) Do the same thing and warn of a norumor flag to be placed on the account, 3) placing a norumor flag on the account so they are unable to access the system."

Kinaed states, "So if we remediate a rumor and tell you the reason had something to do with the way it was posted, please adjust. "

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Temi says, "I personally wouldn't mind if a GL does something crazy after you already start a rumor about them, starting a rumor about that actual discrete event."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I've gotten my hands on the anonymously submitted topic. It's about an expansion on the HELP POLICY TEACHING because people are apparently teaching in places that are annoying others or seemingly using tangental discussions as an excuse to teach."

Kinaed states, "So, personally, I think this isn't a policy issue, it's a courtesy one, provided what someone is teaching about actually fits the RP and it's reasonable that someone would gain skill or learn something from the RP."

Brando nods

Kinaed says, "So please consider this a notice that this has annoyed at least one person, and as a reminder to be courteous wherever possible."

Chipotle claims, "I've noticed people mechanically listening before they even roleplay in the scene, which personally irks me a bit, too."

Kinaed says, "Doesn't really bug me."

Sparkles says, "Or people who listen and don't RP the entire time they are there."

Raspberries states, "I generally stop teaching if someone isn't active with it"

Condensation says, "That does sound rather counterproductive to getting to play tutor RP of any sorts"

Kinaed states, "That is a bit more problematic as teaching RP expects people to be ICly behaving as if they're learning, even if it's just overhearing an interesting topic and leaning closer to listen."

Temi muses, "I imagine this is secondary people in the room?"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Temi wonders, "Not the main person you're RPing with listening?"

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "I think that's a good behavior."

Wight says, "I havn't seen anything i'd consider problematic, other than -yeah- that. At the very least it should be made explicitly clear that a character is listening in to a teach if nothing else. Though, that hasn't been an issue in the teaches i've seen this week."

Andorig says, "I've noticed some individuals acting almost afk while learning to the point where they reply with a single nod, while the teacher has a big text wall of information. Which is annoying at best."

Phoenixdoll asks, "How do you tell if someone is listening to you beyond the first message you get when someone listens?"

Raspberries states, "Nothing beyond the initial message."

Wight claims, "If you do a look there will be something next to each character in the room that is listening asirc"

KHARONYX claims to Andorig, "I've seen this too."

Raspberries states, "I had suggested a few changes to teach previously that would update with learning status of the listeners"

Puck asks, "Could it be made to parallel eavesdropping, maybe?"

Temi claims, "I personally hate doing teaching RP, because a lot of people just turn off and go into lecture listening mode and expect me to carry their RP."

Puck nods at Temi.

Temi states, "They'll interact with nods of understanding, but not provide anything to play off of."

Andorig claims, "I actually like instructing, but not when they do it like that, Temi"

Sparkles claims, "It can sting a bit if it's something your char and/or you are passionate about and people act bored."

Raspberries says, "My lessons are generally more hands-on, socrates method"

Venamelia states, "True. And sometimes people sidetrack away or move on to more complicated topics."

Kinaed states, "I'm not certain it bugs me if they're in proximity to teaching and the teacher isn't breaking any policies. I would say, if you're not happy with your audience as a teacher, there's no need to continue to teach there. You can suggest going somewhere private or even suggest that it's too crowded or loud for learning to occur and jsut stop using the command."

Tasker claims, "I've had that a few times, but I always chest poke the listeners until they give something back"

Kinaed states, "But the teacher has full control over whether they're sharing or not, just not to whom they're sharing."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

NotNaomi says, "I haven't had much issue with people not being responsive to lessons, for the most part. I always teach behind closed doors though, because... well, IC thing."

Kinaed nods at NotNaomi.

Sparkles claims, "I guess just a thought that if people don't interact or listen without giving something back, people might be more inclined to be private about teaching, which alas can lead to less public RP, etc. So maybe just a general thought about thinking about the feels of other folks."

Kinaed states, "I honestly rarely gave public lessons as a teacher as well, because ICly I was seeking to be paid for my services. As a result, I've minimal experience with the 'emotions of feeling people are discourteous' around teaching."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Raspberries nods.

Chipotle says, "I feel like failure to contribute to the teaching RP while mechanically benefiting from it to the extent where the recourse is picking up the scene and moving it is... a pretty big courtesy thing due to Sparkles's statement there, yes. But I think most of it has been said."

Kitty claims, "I don't think keeping lessons private really leads to less public RP... people aren't teaching the majority of their time online, typically."

Phoenixdoll states, "Yeah. I.. think if you are RPing with someone and they're not giving you a lot, perhaps you have to ask if you've given something that can be reacted to? Yeah, it's not great RPing to reply to a wall of text with 'nods' but by the same token sometimes people just need to be OOCly poked into improving their prose. I'd totally do the chest poking or write something that cannot be just.. nodded to. I've had great experiences both as a student and as a teacher. "

Kinaed says, "I agree, being courteous is a good idea, even if it's not against the rules. Some of that is just mindfulness of how something might come across, which we may not know about."

Phoenixdoll states, "Er, and by oocly poked, i mean.. some people just are new to roleplaying."

Temi nods.

Chipotle claims, "That's very fair pd; I think people rarely intend to ruffle feathers by it."

Temi says, "And the more bad teaching experiences people have, the less willing teachers there are."

Puck nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Temi says, "Make it a great experience for your teachers and you'll find more of them."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Wight questions, "Perhaps a way to restrict teach to a specific join?"

Brando claims, "Id be against that sorry."

Raspberries queries, "What's the utility of that?"

Kinaed states to Wight, "I don't think that's realistic, really. If you're teaching in public, the public should be able to learn."

Murrmurs says, "Seems a little unneeded."

Phoenixdoll says, "I would be against it too. It's just a matter of being gentle with each other.."

Murrmurs states, "Can always ICly tell people to kick rocks if they lean an ear int."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, sorry to rush people along, but we do have more topics today than we usually do by a goodly amount."

Chipotle states, "Wasn't there an issue with people being annoyed by public teaching? I think the join thing could help with that."

Raspberries nods.

Wight states, "Makes sense."

Chipotle nods.

Kinaed queries to Exodia, "Your topic is next. Won't you introduce us?"

Brando says, "And one can make a join object and teach from there if required ... simple eh."

Exodia claims, "Im having a bit of trouble trying to figure out what the community here is like or if im being a pain. from my own experience it feels like everyones in their unique bubbles that i cant reach. i think by now i need more then 2 hands to count the people i get notify yes and send messengers and recently board notes and im completely ignored. even repeated prodding. and i also had more then one person just completely ignore me in a group conversation and it has just makes me very unwanted in this game and im not really sure what to do about it."

Brando says, "Im sorry to hear that Exodia :("

Andorig states, "I've had several notify's recently with no follow up messenger. I don't know if that was you, though. We can't see who notified us, it's anonymous, if you didnt know"

Deedee nods at Andorig.

Venamelia states, "I am generally wary and cautious about cyans or other new player currently. And I have been doing a fair bit of tooling and writing, so that is why I had no time or been too cautious for whom I presume is your character. I am sorry if that upsetted you, but there is little I would like to change about that for the near future."

Exodia declares, "Every time i receive a notify yes i send a messenger so if there was no message that was not me!"

Phoenixdoll claims, ":( I've had a messenger where people didn't include a name of who sent it, and so I couldn't... act on it. "

Brando says, "Please reach out to Hulda,my character , and i see what I can do to help invigorate yur RP ok Exodia. I try to follow up every notify and messanger sent to me but this week i was very busy. I apolize if u did reach out to me and i missed that ok."

Condensation says, "I have felt that wariness, Ven. Can't say I fault the people for doing so, if what I heard that's been happening indeed happened.."

Chipotle queries, "Did you include your character's name so people could reply?"

Raspberries claims, "It's good to include who what and where in your messages to people."

Exodia claims, "I did always include my name and sometimes a place it depends on the hook that i used"

Raspberries claims, "If you want to scene, the where will make it much faster."

Andorig says, "If you want, you can always trip over a rock and go ask Andorig for medical RP lol"

Yinadele exclaims, "I can often be in scene, but if you pboard me or poke I can follow up!"

Yinadele states, "Don't be afraid to page me."

Kitty states, "I think... it's important to note that a 'notify yes' does not necessarily mean they are available to scene. It means they are open to receiving messengers and paying attention to the window."

Yinadele claims, "Also true falling over and going into the madison, surprisingly great for RP."

Yinadele states, "Unless you break your leg."

Yinadele states, ":,("

Philly states, "Oh yes! If the notify doesn't amount to much, and you really need to reach out, please sent a pboard."

Chipotle declaims, "I'm fairly certain I had a scene with you and enjoyed it; I did not feel that you were a bother or a pain, and if you were upset for any reason, I apologize!"

Kinaed states, "I think that you're not going to get around the fact that we're currently wary of new players fit a certain profile that I cannot disclose. It links back to the ban that we had last week that has serious implications for several players in our game. It may suck, and I get it if that means TI isn't working for you, but given the nature of the problem the playerbase on the whole is facing, I don't feel comfortable telling people to let go of their concerns."

Wight says, "IC mail is great too, particularly for GL's who may be busy"

Deedee recommends the jump command.

Phoenixdoll states, "My advice, as someone who's been playing for... a month now? Is to look on whererp and travel there and to just force yourself into scenes. If someone ignores you IC? repeat yourself. If there's a lot of conversation, perhaps they missed you OOC. As a cyan players are supposed to give you preferential treatment. Also I also totally +1 the idea of going to the madison with an injury. I once had this pvent about being bitten by a spider and it ended up being this great scene."

Kinaed has transferred ArchConfessor.  [OOC]

Temi gives a mushroom-shaped chocolate with a dark mask and tiny spots to ArchConfessor.

Citrus is idle.

Exodia claims, "Thats also what ive been doing. i recently sent pboards like 'hey should i take it youre busy or should i wait for a messenger?' and those are never replied. same for a few mails that i sent. "

Kitty says, "I have been relatively not... here this week. Just my own stuff going on. But 'notify yes' means... just that. They'll receive your messenger. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll not already be engaged in something that they can easily entangle from."

Citrus is no longer idle.
Citrus has returned from AFK.

ArchConfessor stops using an exquisitely carved wooden pipe with an eagle on the bowl.
ArchConfessor holds a mushroom-shaped chocolate with a dark mask and tiny spots in his hand.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Phoenixdoll states, "If you linger somewhere public, eventually someone will run into you. That's been my experience, even playing in the dead hours of Australia time.."

Exodia states, "Oh that sucks to hear ill try to be a bit more patient with all the things that happen. but at least hearing a 'sorry im kind of busy' is at least better then nothing >.<"

Condensation claims, "Where is very hit-or-miss. Best bet is to use it in conjunction with being in one of the few real hotspots, such as the Queen's, the Madison's, or the Troubadours' place."

Kinaed states, "What Kitty is saying is super true too - many people notify yes because they are around and available, but because they're active, they may already be engaged or have other things on."

ArchConfessor says, "I thought Kitty was Philly. "

Brando says, "The crossroads and the Queens in are great places for lurking for RP IMO."

Murrmurs states, "RE:Pboards etc, there are also a good number of players who try not to engage at an OOC level."

Kinaed asks, "Did I misread?"

Wight states, "I try and avoid double scening for my part as well. I may notify yes, and i'll generally try and messenger back but... I may still avoid a scene because I don't feel like I can give appropriate quality to two at the same time."

Sparkles says, "Also not everyone has it set to get instant updates on boards because of spam."

Kitty states to Kinaed, "No, that's what I'm trying to say. They may be busy."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Exodia says, "O okay. i just feel kind of bad sending posts to twenty people at once so i just try to get one persons attention and then wait for a reply maybe 10-15 minutes so maybe thats a bit wrong of me"

Deedee says, "I noticed my board announce thing was disabled by default, took a while to figure out how to turn it on"

Kinaed nods at Exodia.

Citrus has been transferred out by Kinaed.  [OOC]

Temi states, "I've also notified yes and had someone come by, assume that was it, and then get a messenger deparately"

Brando nods at temi

Kitty states, "Yes, that makes sense, too. We don't know who it's from, so if more than one happen to message at the same time, or show up at guildhalls, we have no idea that wasn't the original person who notified."

Kinaed states, "In the interests of time... next topic. "

Deedee nods.

Brando nods

Kinaed muses to NotNaomi, "Please introduce us to your topic? :)"

NotNaomi states, "My topic is... Xterm colors! I did see on the forums that it was a topic of discussion long ago, and I didn't see any conclusion to it.  That said... 

I think having a bigger choice of colors could very potentially keep crafters around a little longer due to the extended choices in creativity that would be available for their wares, even if it were only double the choices that the current palette has.  Orange and brown are very particularly difficult to portray in the current palette choice, and brown in particular is a very common color to use for most items made of leather or wood. With that, I also say that I would only recommend foreground colors, as background colors tend to be a huge eyesore."

Tasker states, "I would offer up my firstborn in exchange for Xterm colours "

Puck laughs.

NotNaomi nods.

Murrmurs claims, "Xterm is really nice."

Kinaed claims, "I think we want it, but see it as a big job."

Wight states, "I would kill for some additional color options"

Philly claims, "I would love more colors."

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Is it a big job?"

Temi states, "I think we'd love more colors, and the main thing stopping it has been the technical implemtnation."

Raspberries queries, "Alter Aeon has a wider selection, would it break something to port that over?"

Mibs says, "Oh, I've seen that on Niamh's place, it's super nice"

Chipotle says, "I find it extremely difficult to use the blues with any of the other colors (especially red, which is one of the prettiest). I always use cyans instead."

Kinaed has transferred Savagery.  [OOC]

Tasker says, "It would also boost the economy a bit I think, as everyones outfits automatically being rubbish so they need new ones. "

Temi gives a mushroom-shaped chocolate with a dark mask and tiny spots to Savagery.

Yinadele says, "More colors would be REALLY great."

NotNaomi nods.

They aren't here.

Murrmurs says, "I know that the sister MUD has XTERM running, so the TI codebase _can_ run it."

Brando coos for more colors.

Savagery trails off, "What did I miss that had chocolate and mushrooms..."

ArchConfessor stops using a mushroom-shaped chocolate with a dark mask and tiny spots.

Kinaed states, "I might ask Niamh if we can get that implementation."

Chipotle says, "Everyone is simultaneously reaching for dangly keys. It's very cute. We all become babies in the face of more colors."

ArchConfessor eats a mushroom-shaped chocolate with a dark mask and tiny spots.

Temi claims, "The chocolate was my addition to it."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, next on the list - Venamelia, you had a topic?"

Temi states, "The mushrooms and coarse ruby theming were all jobs stuff."

Temi grins.

NotNaomi smiles.

Venamelia claims, "Soo... I tried to embellish plate armor recently. Is there a reason for why I can't do that? I wanted to silver leaf it, to add a small specialty to some of the designs, as I am putting too much time into writing the desc and extended more often than not, but they are not embellishable. "

Savagery states, "Ah."

Savagery declares, "Coarse Ruby! Woo Coke!"

Savagery eats a mushroom-shaped chocolate with a dark mask and tiny spots.

Kinaed states, "Not sure. We can look at it."

Temi states, "It's an individual setting on items"

Puck says, "+1 vote for expanding embellishable items and items that can embellish."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Puck queries, "If we think something ought to be able to be embellished, should we request?"

Andorig queries, "What if the embellishment could be damaged/destroyed in combat?"

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "I might pass that to you for review/resolution?"

Temi claims, "In general, we didn't add the flag on the simple versions of things, if there's a fancier verison that could"

Kinaed states to Puck, "Yes please, typo board."

Puck nods.

Temi finishes abruptly, "But other than that if it 'didn't make sense to us' - or we probably missed some"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Andorig, "Probably not something I'd be inclined to code. Very edge case about the value of the time programming."

Temi states, "No promises on quickness, but happy tto review"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Okay next is.."

Venamelia declares, "Yaaay! Thanks :D"

Kinaed queries to Deedee, "Please introduce us to your topic? :)"

Deedee claims, "Now that blackmarket is jobs, can we expand where it is accessible from? I think it would be more used if it was accessible everywhere, but if not, I think all public-flagged areas would be a fair compromise."

Puck says, "I was going to suggest anywhere with a code rumormonger."

Temi wonders, "Are there specific places you think it should be but isn't?"

Puck states, "Thought that might be easier on staff."

Kinaed questions, "HELP BLACKMARKET shows a long, long list of accessable places. Where else would you want it?"

Deedee claims, "Public squares"

Temi says, "I think there were a bunch of taverns and such that were good"

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Murrmurs declares, "Could public board locations? Church Square!"

Chipotle wonders, "... there is no help blackmarket. Where is that now?"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, will add public squares. I like the idea of near rumor mongers. Anyone else?"

Wight claims, "Crossroads, Church sqaure,  market square area. etc"

Chipotle states, "Unless it's a Brotherhood file or something."

Mibs states, "I keep forgetting to request board one very specific location I think should have access just based on its name. Oh, it's help commands jobs now"
Kinaed claims to Chipotle, "It's HELP JOBS I think now. Oops"

Murrmurs claims, "Help Commands Jobs for Blackmarket."

Kitty says, "I like the idea of rumor mongers and public places."

Kinaed states, "We changed the keyboards, I just ahven't updated the help file text yet"

Chipotle states, "That goes to help professions, unfortunately."

Chipotle claims, "There are... six places, on help commands jobs."

Savagery trails off, "Uh... I actually submitted a typo board about that"

Savagery says, "I tried checking help jobs and it gave me help professions"

Puck asks, "Just on the idea that if you're talking smack about a guildleader with someone you are probably also comfortable saying, "hey, know where I could find someone to make me a chocolate replica of the king's earlobes?" "

Temi states, "Added the blackmarket keyword back to that file, even if it's the jobs command now."

Raspberries says, "The blackmarket was a pain on Prisca since she avoided taverns like the plague, especially once the bouny broker's place was removed"

Kitty questions, "Wax and all?"

Kinaed checks herself because remembers a much longer list than six.

Puck grins.

Puck claims, "Gross."

Savagery states, "Also typo boarded help professions... and help commands jobs because professions has purchase silver as a recommended command(hasn't been one since Assets) and help commands jobs because it says use 'blackmarket' as the posting command when that isn't it anymore."

Kinaed declaims, "Well now. We'll look at that for sure. Thanks!"

Kinaed exclaims to Savagery, "Thank you!"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, next up..."

Temi claims, "Yeah, that's on our to-do list to update further"

Deedee states, "Thanks"

Kinaed declaims to Savagery, "Your turn!"

Savagery states, "So for my topic it's really just... We need more ways to make herbal pulp used in making Goodwife's Draught. Currently the only way to get the pulp is by failing at herbalism. I don't know if it's only failing at early levels or if the later stuff as well. But at the moment there are no recipes to make the stuff so you have to fail to make the pulp which is only used in Goodwife's Draught. But at the same time, Goodwife's Draught is supposed to be a Physician's first call(even if it does little or nothing codewise)."

Kinaed nods at Savagery.

Deedee claims, "Would make sense, yeah. there's a recipe for food scraps"

Chipotle says, "Oh, being able to make it in a way like you can food scraps would be really nice."

Temi says, "It should be failing at any levels across anything mediciney"

Kitty says, "Yeah, when I was over there, we just always had lots of newbs failing, so it helped. But it can be a problem once everyone becomes experienced."

Temi says, "But not necessarily opposed to being able to make it"

Savagery states, "Yea."

Savagery states, ":D"

Savagery declares, "I'm helpful! :D"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks for alerting us. I'll leave this in Temi's hands (or Niamh's if it turns out that craft is in her bucket)"

Temi says, "I think that one's mine"

Kinaed claims, "But I do appreciate it when people let us know about things we can tweak like that."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Savagery states, "Thank you. It's much appreciated."

Brando nods

Mibs says, "I think there definitely should be a way to make it other than failure, currently I have cooking learn blocked to fail at roasting coffee beans."

Kinaed states, "Wow, we had 9 topics and got through them all before the hour was up."

Savagery claims, "Would it be a medicine to make? Goodwife is an Herbalism thing."

Kinaed asks, "I did not expect that. Anything anyone wants to talk about in general?"

Temi states, "Probably also herbalism."

Savagery says, "Mkay. Just wanted to check."

Kinaed has transferred Exodia.  [OOC]

Savagery states, "Having one on hand for, "Well, I was taught if you don't know what to use, go with the one that has some of it all.""

Wight states, "Just a... small note. But mid-week changes to big systems like jobs/blackmarket (while appreicated) can be a little disruptive if there's not really any warning behind them. It would be nice if changes like that were announced on general board or some such."

Andorig claims, "I would mention to anyone who cares that the first batch of historian stuff is up now, helpfiles for king amir and roland ab beaufort. More stuff will be coming later on too, as well as some IC literature"

Wight claims, "It's very easy to miss the notifier on login."

Savagery claims, "Yea... I didn't even know what had happened until I started typing commands."

Deedee claims, "Yeah, blackmarket wasn't added to help news, either"

Savagery states, "I tried hitting blackmarket list"

Savagery questions, "And it was like "... what? did you mean blacksmith?""

Kinaed says, "Okay, going to be real with you guys real quick. We've just banned Reyne because we have strong reason to believe they're Erika's player. I can't disclose the profile of why, but the evidence, while still circumstantial, adds up enough that we feel comfortable to act on it. This was provided to us in tells during osay."

Kitty claims, "There will be a shindig sometime after this meeting, for all who want to join. I know there's the other meeting going on, but we don't intend for it to be 'quick', necessarily, so all should stll get the chance to participate if they want to."

Kinaed states, "Er, in tells during OOC Chat."

Savagery states, "They just popped back online."

Wight nods to Kinaed 

Savagery claims, "They're talking on visnet"

Azarial claims, "Changes put in occur as I can; documentation is handled by others that can speak 'human'"

Kinaed says, "Yep, that ban didn't work. Just nochanneled her."

Brando nods

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Can you check that ban?"

Savagery claims, "Azarial! You speak plenty fine human."

Temi states, "We tend to add things to the news helpfile as we test the changes"

Raspberries muses to Kinaed, "Should this part be clipped from the log?"

Savagery says, "I'd say probably."

Kinaed claims, "No, I don't mind if Reyene sees that we identified her as Erika. She can reach out to me in mail. I just don't want to disclose HOW we're profiling the player because that can assist them in dodging the profiling process."

Puck wonders, "A topic that can be pushed to another day: Could there be a way for town criers to be visible for maybe a RL hour after they go out?"

Raspberries nods.

Wight declares, "Oh! That would be nice"

Puck states, "For people who log in after a public event has started."

Kinaed nods at Puck.

Kinaed wonders, "Maybe put into the 'Current Events' section of the login screen?"

Puck declaims, "Yeah!"

Condensation states, "Like a small rumour message, having recently heard it, yeah."

Temi claims, "Usually it's fine to delay this as it's usually new commands or features or bug fixes that don't change how people interact with it, but sometimes we get one of these that does change stuff.  I don't think we can change our process, and asking Az to not process things until it's a good time for us to document stuff would be a problem for getting things done."

Raspberries claims, "That sounds neat"

Puck says, "\o/"

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "That sounds like a nice place to add these things."

Wight states, "I mainly bring it up because when the jobs change went through there were a ton of confused people. Myself included :P"

Chipotle states, "Totally slid into the end too late to discuss... Longform of 'lawfulness makes me sad': My opinion on the city metrics system would probably require a forum thread. I will just say that it being zero sum instead of tending toward the average and being bumped either way (as it is with projects) makes me a bit sad. It feels as though most efforts to do... anything, are actively working against one another, and while I think that's a very reasonable way for it to be played (characters versus other characters each trying to achieve exclusive things), it is not actually how it feels like people are interacting with one another IC."

Puck says, "For running into changes that may not be documented yet, I try checking the history of visnet and OOC to see if anybody's mentioned something about it already. Usually someone online knows and can help out."

Savagery questions, "Is there progress being made towards adding attachments to the jobs system as of yet?"

Murrmurs states, "Agree RE: Zero Sum feels bad."

Wight says, "Agree on Zero sum. It's not a system that feels good to interact with right now."

Venamelia states, "I thought that the decrease into terrible was because the organizations are responsible to make sure it remains up."

Chipotle claims, "City metrics 'as played' is 'everyone tries to achieve their individual things which are relatively independent of one another,' which isn't how the system feels. The system is PvP, the RP is PvE, to use MMO terms."

Sparkles asks, "Just to remind ... people do realize all Orgs have a secondary Metric to gain from, right?"

Raspberries nods at Sparkles.

Savagery states, "Yea. But if the secondary metric is bad and one of them is decent, focus tends to be on the decent one."

Puck states, "Playing devil's advocate, I think people who interact with the system might focus too much on having really high metrics too, so that makes the zero sum feel worse."

Temi says, "All of them are one up and one down."

Temi nods at Puck.

Savagery says, "So if Piety was Terrible and the Order had Infrastructure as it's secondary. Order would want piety up sure, but they'd keep Infrastructure higher"

Temi claims, "If there was a concerted effort, players could definitely keep things generally decent across the board"

Puck nods.

Kitty says, "No, we all have one up and one down."

Kitty says OOCly, "They benefit from --- being high, and --- being low."

Puck states, "I think that would make it easier to enjoy the system or at least not be as frustrated with it overall."

Savagery trails off, "So... that's the thing ten"

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, just a bit of my attention taken by making that ban stick as best we can. :) Okay, we're reaching the end of our time this week. I hope to meet with everyone next week to pick up where we left off. Thank you, everyone, for participating."

Savagery states, "If Piety is low and Infrastructure is low and you benefit from high piety and low infrastructure"

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Savagery states, "You'd try to keep infrastructure where it is and slowly increase piety"

Deedee waves.

Chipotle says, "Those players would each actively be working against each other in most cases because it's uncoordinated, and the net effect is... effectively random, feels as though efforts are meaningless and unconnected to the process."

Venamelia waves.

Condensation claims, "Just let it all plummet. Chaos brings RP. Low Health - More Madisons RP. Low Lawfulness - More Reeves RP. Class and Race relations means you need to find folk to do shopping for you."

Puck exclaims, "Thanks for chat!"

Raspberries waves.

Chipotle waves.

Andorig states, "Low health means madison goes bankrupt which means no rp"

Andorig pontificates, "Pls no!"

Savagery states, "Terrible Health."

Condensation says, "Charge the gentry and nobles more"

Deedee declares, "Not so!"

Condensation winks.

Kinaed says, "Take care everyone! I hope you have a fantastic week and enjoy the game."

• Information