Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-05-09

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Temi says, "Now, our agenda for today, 1)  Staff updates, 2)  Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topics."

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "Thank you :)"

Lans nods at Sparkles.

Temi asks, "Does anyone have any topics to get on the list for player discussions?"

Urist declaims, "I do!"

Sparkles states, "I have a topic."

Temi nods at Urist.

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Temi questions, "Anyone else have anything for now?"

Urist claims, "I call my topic "Craigslist Missed Connections""

Lans claims, "No."

Temi states, "Okay.  If anyone comes up with anything else, please feel free to send a tell and I'll stick you onto the list."

Deedee nods.

Temi asks, "So, staff updates.  Kin, do you have something to start?"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I'm happy to, yep"

Kinaed trails off, "First thing..."

Kinaed states, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Raspberries makes the sign of the Chalice.

Temi says, "Whoops, yep."

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "So this week, I have a bit of policy, and regrettably requested our staff member Erika to step down."

Deedee states, "Oh no. :("

Urist states, "Not Erika :("

Jennifer queries, "What? I know I shouldn't ask, but... how come?"

Chipotle claims, "I also express a frowny face. This is upsetting news."

Kinaed claims, "I still have Turf Wars on my plate and very little OOC Time. I have a list of people who agreed to help with histories, who I will contact today after OOC Chat."

Kinaed says to Jennifer, "It just wasn't working out."

Deedee questions to Kinaed, "Will they still be working on the webclient?"

Kinaed states, "That's it for me."

Urist trails off, "I really liked Erika, super helpful and prompt..."

Kinaed states to Deedee, "Probably not."

Deedee nods.

Jennifer says, "Yeah, especially with the absence of Az."

KHARONYX says, "Things happen, unfortunately."

Jennifer states, "She was picking up a lot of the extra stuff."

Kinaed nods at KHARONYX.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're turn :)"

Kinaed states, "Your. meep."

Temi claims, "Okay.  For my update then.  Not a whole lot, my real life is still stressful, but trying to help keep up with things.  Request and plots and whatnot."

Lans claims, "Thank you for that"

Kitty states, "I say we all kick RL out the door and not let it back in."

Temi says, "So, no big updates, but please do let us know if I'm not getting back to you on something for a while."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi exclaims to Kitty, "Sounds appealing at times!"

Raspberries queries, "Will we be having the perspective contests for savages?"

Temi says, "We can give it a try, but not promising how soon they will get started."

Temi nods at Raspberries.

Kitty states, "Ooooh, I'm so for that one."

Raspberries exclaims, "Okay!"

Temi muses, "Okay, then.  Looks like no one else is on hand, so players!  How is RP going this week?"

NotNaomi questions, "The what?"

Kinaed smiles.

Anonymous queries, "RP, whats that?"

Lans states, "Intense. Fluid. Settling in."

Kitty claims, "The RP I have been able to have has been great."

Urist pontificates, "Going in what manner? It's going!"

KHARONYX claims, "It's alright."

Desert claims, "Been kind of stressful still."

Lans is constructing crosses for crucifixions.

Civetta says, "Back on track, at what seems like long last."

Chipotle claims, "I regrettably mourn the absence of certain people I've wished to seek out. :( but my RP has been really good overall. Settling in."

NotNaomi says, "I say this every week, but... BUSY! I think more busy than it has been."

Kitty claims, "Huge thank you to all of those who attended the mass on Thursday and participated. It was great."

Deedee declaims, "Been a busy week! Also, very happy to welcome a new Epion, things were getting a bit heavy to handle solo"

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "We definitely recommend two guildleaders for all guilds, as it makes things much easier, even if you're very involved."

Urist claims, "That's because you're a majestic and alluring creature, notNaomi, and nobody can resist"

NotNaomi nods.

Kinaed declaims, "Can I ask GLs without 2nd GLs to please pay attention to the need to put someone in #2? Thanks!"

Deedee nods in agreement with Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles states, "I've had a lot of excitement with all the new Bards and getting everyone settled in."

Anonymous says, "Problem is that a lot of times there isn't anyone who wants to do it"

KHARONYX coughs.

Kinaed nods at Anonymous.

Temi claims, "Even if it's just added life and inspiration.  But yes, we understand it's not necessarily always easy to find someone."

Anonymous says, "Also things have generally been good for me minus one or two players whose characters have been hostile, and while it makes sense in the RP, it makes me depressed IRL"

NotNaomi pontificates, "You have to sucker them into it. 'It'll be great! Totally relaxed and fun!'"

Chipotle says, "Yeah, I find it's often a lack of desire. It requires a certain disposition IC as well as OOC to perform leadership duties, imo"

Deedee grins at NotNaomi.

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Desert claims, "Or people do want to do it and they're promptly excluded by people for some kind of reason once in the spot. That's at least how it usually goes."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "If no one wants to do it or we have multiple reminders in a row - we'll have to open applications "

Venamelia says, "I hope Emsa will be back."

Temi muses, "Sounds pretty good in general, with some stressful spots for people - is the stressors stuff that ought to be fixed, or just part of the rollercoaster that is RP?"

Yinadele questions, "Doesn't everywhere currently have a 2nd GL?"

Urist questions, "If, hypothetically, one was a hillman - for example! - and they became a GL, would that make them mechanically gentry?"

KHARONYX claims, "Hillmen can't be GLs afaik"

Jennifer states, "No"

Kinaed says to Desert, "That's the first time I've heard that one. "

Kitty says, "I think we need to be careful about... giving generalizations. I have been a GL multiple times, and haven't ever experienced that."

Anonymous claims, "Hillman and Charali can't become GLs"

NotNaomi says, "Yeah, hillmen and charali can't GL."

KHARONYX says, "Also, some factions do have 2nd GLs, but they might as well as be non-existant at this point."

Urist claims, "HECK"

KHARONYX shrugs.

Kinaed claims, "The barbarian races cannot GL guilds that are equivalent to gentry as a hard cap."

Desert exclaims, "I'm sorry then, I retract my statement!"

Anonymous states, "That's the cost of being a third class citizen"

Kinaed says, "They can be given GL powers, but not the role itself."

Wight is idle.

Deedee queries, "How about brotherhood?"

Urist muses, "City too classist?"

Temi claims, "Consider it IC discrimination."

Temi nods at Urist.

Chipotle muses, "Hey, related to that question there - can Charali/Hillmen get the 'op' surname? If not, are they still capable of getting the same rank in the Bards?"

Temi claims, "Brotherhood they should be able to"

Deedee nods.

Kinaed says, "The brotherhood can have any class GL"

Jennifer states, "No they can't get the op thing."

Deedee states, "Cool"

Jennifer states, "Because that implies gentry and they can't be that status"

Anonymous says, "I'm about 80 percent sure that they cant get 'op' since they codedly cant have a patronym"

Urist pontificates, "That's really intense!"

Kitty says, "I don't think 'op' makes you codely gentry, though."

Deedee says, "I think they can get oped/knighted, but they still remain a class below"

Jennifer states, "Yes it does. It's the highest patronim when you look at the list."

Chipotle states, "Yeah, I was just making sure to clarify because I've seen it asked about six times in visnet without a hard answer in the time I've been there."

Sparkles muses, "That wasn't always true though, was it?"

KHARONYX states, "I don't think Charalin and Hillmen can be knighted, due to class issues that come with it."

Kinaed says, "As far as I know, any bard, even a barbarian, can be set with an op."

Anonymous finishes abruptly, "I think we lack examples to draw knowledge from - bards dont usually attract hillman and charali"

Kitty states, "I am speaking from... hold on."

Jennifer says, "Ah okay,I bow to Kin's knowledge."

Chipotle says, "... sounds like we immediately have conflicting info! See, that's why I asked."

Deedee grins.

Urist exclaims, "Time to make a Skald!"

Venamelia states, "I need to turn on visnet more again. It just gets a bit too much into RP sometimes >.> With my being a slow, text wall-person."

Raspberries claims, "There's been Charali knights before"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed states, "Pretty sure you're correct"

KHARONYX states, "Okay, I stand corrected then. I was told so by a few players that they cannot just be knighted."

Wight is no longer idle.

Kitty says, "It might be uncommon - there was a time when knighting made someone gentry, I believe. That is no longer the case, as far as I am aware."

Wight has returned from AFK.

KHARONYX claims, "The reason I was told was that a barbarian serving in the name of the Crown as a commander and all that with all the third class citizen stuff going on would be, well, out of theme."

NotNaomi says, "I want to see a hillman troubadour."

Anonymous claims, "I bet hed use drums"

HemprootMadnesS is idle.

Chipotle says, "It might be a good idea to clarify that information in a helpfile somewhere."

Kitty claims, "I want to see more hillmen."
HemprootMadnesS is no longer idle.

HemprootMadnesS has returned from AFK.

Raspberries claims, "They probably wouldn't be considered the equal of other knights, but knighthood is probably more important than class. respect the spurs kind of deal."

Kinaed states, "Theme would make it harder, but it is not a coded barrier."

Urist declares, "Literally a Skald! they're real! they're a thing!!"

KHARONYX says, "Oh definitely not a coded barrier, it probably also depends on the GLs of the time and so on."

Temi nods.

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed nods at KHARONYX.

Raspberries claims, "Always depends on GL"

Anonymous says, "Uncivilized brutes banging their bongos around and singing songs not appropriate for the city :)"

Civetta claims, "We've had at least one hillperson knight in fairly recent memory."

Temi queries, "So, moving on a little... anything bothering anyone that staff ought to know about?  Besides topics already on the list?"

Blueberries is idle.

Chipotle declaims, "Okay, so, to summarize - they CAN get op/knighted, they CANNOT be gentry, the former is GL and IC dependent, the latter is coded? Just wanted to clarify because there was a lot there, sorry, I know you're trying to move on!"

Temi nods at Chipotle.

Deedee pontificates, "Sounds right!"

Lans says, "Sorry, was afk"

Lans states, "Being knighted no longer makes you gentry"

Temi muses, "Not hearing any issues from anyone, shall we move onto player topics?"

Deedee states, "The gentrification of bards and knights is a soft thing to begin with I believe."

Kinaed muses, "Guessing we're ready for topics?"

Lans claims, "We tested  this with ianthe"

Lans misses Ianthe

Deedee nods.

Temi wonders, "Okay, Urist, you had a topic?"

Kinaed has transferred galax.  [OOC]

Temi gives a leather-plated knight toy sporting a single, watchful eye to galax.

Urist wonders, "Okay so you know how Craigslist has Missed Connections? Sometimes you want to RP with someone you can't mechanically remember"

Temi nods at Urist.

Urist says, "Masks, disguise, whathaveyou"

Temi wonders, "Do you have an idea how that might work?"

Deedee states, "You could do that with the anon board perhaps"

Sparkles muses, "Anonymous board to all? Does that work?"

Desert asks, "Wouldn't the anonymous board?"

Kinaed states, "I am not familiar with Missed Connections, alas"

Deedee claims, "Everyone's in my head"

Kinaed has transferred Otter.  [OOC]

Temi gives a leather-plated knight toy sporting a single, watchful eye to Otter.

Chipotle states, "TANGENTIAL addition: I *really* wish I could recommend people I don't know the mechanical name thereof, and I think that's very relevant to the point here."

Temi states to Chipotle, "You can post on the request board to let staff know all the info you have and the recommend you'd like to give"

Deedee says, "You can req board it, staff can track 'em down and hit them with the recommend"

Kinaed states, "You can, just Request Board staff."

Otter says, "That can potentially be done through the request boar-"

Chipotle pontificates, "Will do in the future!"

Kinaed smiles.

Deedee pontificates, "Oh!"

Deedee states, "You can also recommend them while they're in the room"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Urist asks, "The issue is that if someone was using a mask, they probably want it to be private and again anonymous, so asking the whole game "HEY WHO WAS I TALKING ABOUT MURDERING THE KING TO? SORRY I LOST LINK, CAN WE CONTINUE THAT SCENE?""

Urist says, "Doesn't sound like the best idea"

Temi nods at Urist.

Temi questions, "How do you propose it working?"

Kitty muses, "Staff doesn't care, so you can still request board. And, like Deedee said, can do it while they are in the room, too. I think even masked?"

Raspberries claims, "You could be less specific."

Deedee nods.

Temi says, "I think Torin is talking about using the anonymous board to contact a missed connection, rather than the recommend thing"

Deedee claims, "Recommend room <invisible|facade|cloaked|shadow> <reason>"

Deedee states, "So you can even recommend them if you can't see them"

Chipotle states, "Yeah, the recommend was on my end, not his point; ty for the assistance friends but that part's settled"

Kitty claims, "As for the other, I... don't know what to tell you. I imagine you would both have to want to touch base again, and hopefully they send you an anonymous board so you can touch base again."

Urist questions, "Request board to ask staff to play matchmaker?"

Kitty says, "...no. That's not what I said."

Kinaed states, "That would probably work."

Temi trails off, "While I don't have a problem with that idea on occasion... it probably doesn't scale for frequent use"

Kinaed states, "Request Boarding staff."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I doubt we'd get an unmanageable amount of those."

Urist queries, "Maybe put a "only post if you have tried to find them ic for an OOC week with no success"?"

Raspberries claims, "I think anon board could work. Just leave out the specific bits. Rather than saying 'the scene at murder alley about murdering the king', 'the scene at murder alley yesterday'"

Urist asks, "With exceptions for going link lost?"

Kinaed claims, "You can anonymous post to all."

Otter holds a leather-plated knight toy sporting a single, watchful eye in his hand.

Otter marches his knight toy dutifully across the surface in front of him.

Temi nods.

blueberries is no longer idle.
Blueberries has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "We could do it via request board unless it becomes a regular occurrence, likely"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Either way works."

Venamelia nods.

Blueberries la la la la 
  blueberries appears to be incapable at singing.

Urist pontificates, "Got it, thanks!"

Temi asks, "Okay, that handles that issue then?"

Temi declaims, "Sparkles!"

Urist states, "Yup"

Kinaed smiles.

Blueberries smiles.

Deedee smiles.

Sparkles states, "I've had a few conversations of late where ... it felt like a 'disagreement' if that's even the right word I was having with another character ICly felt more like a disagreement about the game's theme. And between that, some comments on the OOC, Discord, forums, even in the meeting here as we got started, it's starting to feel I admit a tad ... awkward."

Temi queries, "A particular note on the theme, or just the habit of that feeling in general?"

Anonymous states, "There are lots of characters that don't agree with the 'established dogma' as it were, though"

Blueberries begins to descend.

Blueberries leaves down.

Kinaed says, "Gosh, yeah. Keep it IC please people. Report to staff if you've got to, but please do not OOCly approach one another to tell people off about how you disagree with their RP."

Kinaed claims, "It's rude at best and violates our OOC Pressuring rules at worst, and can get you banned."

Sparkles says, "Which is fine, but folks who don't agree with the status quo should recognize they aren't the norm rather than folks OOCly taking it personally when the game world doesn't agree with them."

Kinaed has transferred blueberries.  [OOC]

Temi nods.

Otter says, "I feel we should be fighting for demon rights. Like the right to throw things at Vlora."

Urist questions, "I haven't seen anything like that, so maybe they're doing it without knowing?"

Kinaed nods at Urist.

Blueberries claims, "ouga chaka ouga ouga ouga chaka."

HemprootMadnesS claims, "I think community is very assertive oocly. The intent seems mostly to be helpful and avoid pyring though."

Jennifer claims, "Yeah, I haven't either. Not to say it isn't happening, just saying I haven't seen it myself. Unless I'm the one doing it, in which... I can only say I'm sorry? Since I'm genuinely not aware I've done any sort of thing but you know... better to appologize than not."

Temi says, "I also haven't, so not quite sure what the specific issue is, but likely just the certain RP I've been seeing."

Galax states, "I'm puzzled but I'm also largely disconnected from discord et al so"

Kinaed claims, "I think the message "don't approach people OOCly about their RP" is a good message though."

Kinaed nods.

HemprootMadnesS claims, "And in my case, I solicited for OOC help...but maybe there's some runoff of that."

Temi says, "If there's certain bits of the theme that need clarified, we may be able to help with that too, but there's definitely conflicts built into it"

Lans says, "By design."

Venamelia says, "And some chars are set to oppose the theme a little bit. Makes for conflict."

Temi nods at Lans.

Urist finishes abruptly, "Yep that's good - I've had issues with some people's RP but I've spoken to staff and that's been enough"

HemprootMadnesS nods at Lans.

Venamelia claims, "(And drama *cough*)"

Desert questions, "Opposing the theme is not a very good idea I feel like?"

Temi claims, "Everyone agreeing on what the world should be would not be thematic, for example."
Venamelia nods.

Lans says, "Opposing theme will likely expose you in a non good way, icly."

Urist declaims, "Conflict is good! Conflict leads to RP!"

Lans states, "Going atheist on the Order, or supporting mage rights, for instance."

Anonymous states, "No one wants to get burned to death because lolyoudontbelieve, basically"

Urist claims, "You would be a Moral Threat, and someone would Report you, for example"

Lans nods.

Venamelia declaims, "Yep! Just saying that it can exist :)"

Galax states, "I'm confused as to what 'theme' encompasses here"

HemprootMadnesS says, "It seems like there's some figuring out to be had about fostering conflict based RP but it's all in the game. :-)"

Kinaed states, "I think there's also a point where a person is thematic even if they're not in line with the majority or common thought."

Kitty says, "I believe there is a difference between 'opposing theme' and 'staying within theme while creating conflict'."

Deedee nods.

Lans nods.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.
HemprootMadnesS nods.

KHARONYX nods.

Chipotle trails off, "I must admit that the way the complaint was worded was very discomforting to me and came across as a personal callout. Not toward me, but..."

Temi claims, "Yeah, not sure what the nature of the conflict is, but there is definitely room for conflicting views within theme.  Any of that going OOC could be a problem though."

Kitty states, "If you are creating characters that are opposing theme, that is a problem. All characters need to fit into theme. There are thematic ways to create conflict, and be a heretic, and be a mage, etc."

Lans nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Galax nods.

Kinaed comforts Chipotle.

Venamelia claims, "I feel that is a bit of a nitpicky word game, to be honest."

Kitty says, "There are even thematic ways to get away with being all of those things. That isn't 'going against theme'."

Kinaed states to Chipotle, "I am unaware of what triggered the topic but highly doubt it was intended to be a personal comment"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi wonders, "Do we have examples of the sort of issue, or do we seem to have a good understanding of it?"

Chipotle states, "There are two different definitions of 'thematic'  that are often discussed; some people are saying 'thematic' as 'the IC status quo,' while others are saying 'thematic' as 'fitting into the world.' I actually did want to ask a question about that, but forgot."

Kinaed states, "I wouldn't call a drunk Farin against theme, for example, just unusual"

Temi nods at Chipotle.

Kitty says, "Agreed."

Lans nods.

Temi claims to Kinaed, "Robo-Farin would be against theme though, sorry folks."

Kitty says, "Theme, to me, is the theme of the entire gameworld. Not the status quo."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Urist claims, "Torin challenges theme a lot, but I hope that's always taken IC. He's a hillman, he's MEANT to challenge the status quo"

Jennifer claims, "I feel like this is turning in to a very odd philosophical discussion."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Galax claims, "Kitty's definition is what I tend to understand when people say theme."

Sparkles says, "Perhaps it's less 'theme' and more certain things you should expect people to see as unusual."

Anonymous states, "Torin makes me feel conflicted"

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Urist wonders, "Like... romantically conflicted?"

Temi questions, "So, someone is doing something unusual, people are treating that as unusual, and they are objecting to people treating it like that?"

Chipotle states, "I tend to 'run against the grain' in some way with a lot of my characters, and when I see people say 'thematic' I'm often assuming that there's some unspoken judgment regarding... drunk Fariners, and the like, as though it's somehow disrespectful to the setting. I think the consensus is a lot more 'liberal' with the theme than that, though, so if that's what most people feel, I am a bit more comforted by that."

Anonymous claims, "No. ICly my character would be completely against him and his behavior, but OOCly I kind of agree with some of it"

Venamelia trails off, "Theme is for me everything that are the workings, where setting defines the principles. The setting does not allow for robo-Farins..."

Otter states, "Need more hillfolks. And hills. And spooky magic from the Orkin Wood."

Kitty states, "Exactly. There is a very large difference between breaking theme (which should... not happen, hopefully), and just being different from the typical. Different from what is typical is something that enriches the gameworld. Breaking theme... OOCly throws people off, because ICly we don't know how to react, because it shouldn't be happening."

Chipotle asks, "Ninja Tubori Snake Tamers from the center of the Daravi deserts in your area now, that kind of thing?"

Wight begins to descend.

Wight leaves down.

Yinadele claims, "It's the difference between a logical character in the setting compared to illogical, immersion breaking characters."

Anonymous states, "I wanna be a ninja."

Lans states, "Ditto Kitty."

Kitty states, "Yes, Yinadele."

Lans asks, "We good for moving on?"

Deedee nods.

Chipotle states, "I think so."

Desert nods.

Urist muses, "How do we deal with immersion breaking characters then?"

KHARONYX states, "Probably tell to staff."

Deedee states, "Req board to staff"

Desert muses, "Log and report?"

HemprootMadnesS states, "Say hi and ask them what's up then provide guidance politely. "

Kitty states, "If they are cyan, help warn. If they are not, staff."

Venamelia states, "The term is a bit... troublesome. Because your immersion may not be another's."

Kinaed says, "I have seen a small handful of people in the past who try to use theme to OOCly tell people they should side with their character's IC views or stance. Haven't seen it for awhile, but this is an example of a breach of OOC etiquette and our pressuring policies."

Blueberries muses, "Example of im.ersion breaking character?"

Temi has transferred Wight.  [OOC]

Deedee states, "I had a character talking about walmart and space time continuums and stuff a while back. Kin got it sorted"

Temi claims, "If you see any Robo-Farins, please do feel free to report on the request board for policy to look at."

Venamelia claims, "A free-lance witch hunter. Plausible but highly, very very highly unlikely."

Anonymous says, "I can't give an example without giving out a character name which I don't really want to do. But I do know one person that acts very strangely, and not like a person at all. I'm reluctant to point it out though because it kind of skirts the edges"

Blueberries claims, "Lol. What's a robo Farin "

Anonymous states, "A robot Farin"

Desert claims to Venamelia, "Because I deem robots and fantasy immersive in a game doesn't mean it's immersive in this one."

Galax states, "The mortal enemy of a cyber-Daravi."

Kinaed states, "In situations where someone's thematic-ness is irritating you, please talk to staff. We are the "theme police" if there isnsuch a thing. That can't sit with players."

Yinadele states, "Overall, I feel it's better to tell staff specific incidents."

Desert trails off, "This sounds like the beginning of TI:40K..."

Deedee nods at HemprootMadnesS.

Deedee nods at Kinaed.

Jennifer claims, "Again a very deep philosophical discussion"

Anonymous says, "I always preferred fantasy warhammer instead of 40k"

Anonymous claims, "I know, I'm weird"

Vitamin has been transferred out by Temi.  [OOC]

Blueberries states, "40k is the ultimate universe."

Raspberries wonders, "Any other topics?"

Temi queries, "Okay... does anyone have any other topics they'd like to discuss today?"

Temi claims, "That's all I've got on the list"

Chipotle states, "I'm generally pretty satisfied, I think."

Anonymous states, "Oh I have a minor question"

Kinaed claims, "I want to say thanks to our historians :)"

Temi nods at Anonymous.

Temi muses, "What's up?"

Anonymous questions, "What is policy on hiding armor that you're wearing? Like if I wanted to tool a breastplate to be concealed underneath a shirt, or just wore a regular shirt object OVER the armor?"

Temi claims, "Items should be tooled to look like what they are"

Raspberries states, "I'd do the latter personally"

Temi states, "But we do have layering code, which should be functional"

Kinaed states, "Be realistic about the descs, but it's allowed."

Anonymous questions, "Okay, but specifically wearing clothing over the armor so ti can't be scene is good?"

Kitty says, "Armor should be larger than a shirt codely, so shouldn't be able to hide beneath."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Lans claims, "Maybe use the conceal command."

Kitty says, "If something is too big, it doesn't work."

Temi claims, "You'd just need to use a larger item over the top of it."

Wight claims, "Can conceal it underneath non-hooded cloaks if you don't wear a helm I think"

Raspberries claims, "Conceal won't work on very large bits"

Lans says, "Also, yes, I think you can't wear clothes over armor."

Lans says, "Just cloaks."

Anonymous pontificates, "Blah. I wanted my armor to be hidden! Oh well"

Lans states, "We all do."

Raspberries states, "I've had size adjustment to leather armor so I could hide it beneath clothing before"

Kinaed says, "I think it'd be unrealistc for there to be absolutely no evidence of a breastplate, even if it's just subtle in extras people need to use the look command to see."

Lans claims, "Yeah it's bulky, and heavy. Like, -heavy-."

Venamelia wonders, "Staff? Would you like some tea? >_>"

Wight questions, "Is this an attempt to pkill staff?"

Anonymous trails off, "Knowing vena...probably"

Wight questions, "With poisons? *grin*"

Desert says, "Probably just drug them."

Venamelia claims, "Vena does not poison. Whut."

Raspberries claims, "Plate would be pretty hard to conceal. leather and chainmail could fit under something I think"

Venamelia gets a copper kettle with Brenland's Lavender tea from a garment bag of shimmery white silk with prismatic buttons.

Venamelia gives a copper kettle with Brenland's Lavender tea to Kinaed.

Otter stops using a leather-plated knight toy sporting a single, watchful eye.

Lans states, "I always try to use at least diremote to indicate a clink of armor or a flash of steel."

Kitty claims, "Chainmail is hella heavy, though more moldable. And I am not so sure about leather - for it to protect, it has to be pretty stiff stuff. "

Chipotle states, "Chain is actually pretty easy to hide under a gambeson and such."

Anonymous states, "Leather armor is historically hardened and stiffened to the point where it won't bend at all. So yes, it's almost as inflexible as a piece of metal, albeit much lighter."

Lans claims, "I've worn chainmail irl, and it's SO heavy"

Kinaed queries, "People know you can 'look name obj' right?"

Lans nods.

Deedee nods.

Kitty nods to Lans. 

Yinadele declaims, "I did not!"

Kinaed states, "To see extra descs on equipment someone is wearing."

Galax states, "It's a fairly obscure command tmk, but well, now people know"

Kinaed smiles.

Galax trails off, "I sometimes forget it exists...."

Temi grins.

Jennifer says, "No i didn't think it was obscure. People just don't use it often."

Deedee wonders, "Kinaed is nekkid?"

Venamelia states, "To be honest, there are a few exceptions made. I've seen green plate >.> And if we are super honest, anything less than damascus would have unpure ore used."

Temi says to Deedee, "She's a unicorn."

Jennifer claims, "Yes apparently, which after years and years, I only just now know."

Jennifer laughs.

Anonymous says, "A short one"

Kinaed claims to Deedee, "I'm a unicorn. And have been demoning."

Deedee says, "I wanted to look at her horn"

Lans claims, "Laquer is a thing"

Deedee claims, "Ah."

KHARONYX states, "Honestly, regardless of it being heavy or not, which really depends on your body (IRL and IC), the bulkiness and size is what matters the most."

Deedee looks closely at a flowing blouse covered in swirling lake fish patterns belonging to Temi.

Temi muses, "Alright.  Only a couple of minutes left.  Anything else anyone wants to throw out there?  Last minute announcements or reminders?"

Lans states, "Demon Kinaed is great"

Lans nods.

Jennifer exclaims, "No, energize!"

Anonymous looks closely at a damascus axe with a wooden handle belonging to Temi.

Anonymous looks closely at a flowing blouse covered in swirling lake fish patterns belonging to Temi.

Kinaed pontificates, "Please review us on Reddit!"

Lans claims, "A review helps the game a lot"

Urist states, "Upbotes"

Kinaed nods at Lans.

Chipotle says, "I think that chain should be ICly possible to hide on a 'i look at man and see his thick shirt' level, really."

Otter looks closely at a flowing blouse covered in swirling lake fish patterns belonging to Temi.

Deedee claims, "Recommend people who send RP your way :)"

Lans claims, "That too"

Chipotle declares, "Oh yeah!! Recommends!!!"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks for coming, everyone."

Deedee waves.

Blueberries begins to move east.

Venamelia places her right fist over her heart in salute.

Raspberries waves.
Blueberries slows to a halt.

Chipotle pontificates, "Recommends make my heart go doki doki please recommend everyone we will all feel appreciated!!"

Temi poses and announces, "This attire is all by designer Azarial."

Jennifer pontificates, "The great and powerful Az!"

Otter says, "I like it. Appropriate number of fish."

Urist questions, "Can we get a reminder for recommends?"

Chipotle looks closely at a flowing blouse covered in swirling lake fish patterns belonging to Temi.

Wight says, "Praise be to az"

Venamelia says, "You need a fish shaped damascus axe in blue."

Chipotle looks closely at long rippling skirts stitched with large ocean fish belonging to Temi.

Temi declaims, "Okay... sending everyone back then!"

Chipotle looks closely at a damascus axe with a wooden handle belonging to Temi.

Kinaed claims to Urist, "In the backlog"

Kinaed waves.

• Information