Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-04-25

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Sparkles states, "I have a topic to bring up on another player's behalf who couldn't be here."

Kinaed trails off to Sparkles, "Okay, I'll put you down. Also, I have... either 3 or 4 anonymous topics too"

Kinaed has transferred Yinadele.  [OOC]

Wimpled claims, "I have a small topic"

Kinaed says to Wimpled, "Got you."

Wight sneezes loudly.

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else want to register a topic?"

Venamelia says, "Lord Bless."

Temi has created a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows[2].

Temi gives a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to Yinadele.

Temi gives a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to Chipotle.

Erika says, "Oh crud, sorry. I didn't see you two come in x.x"

Wight exclaims, "Could I get one too!"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if not - or if that changes, send me a tell - I'll kick off with my update. Last week, I handled a lot of policy stuff. This week, I've got a scheduled RP request, and still working on Turf Wars. That's it from me."

Erika gives a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to Wight.

Chipotle claims, "Oh, this painting is really neat! Whoever strung this up should be really proud."

Temi points at Erika. 

Kinaed smiles at Erika.

Blueberries queries, "What are Turf wars?"

Otter lifts a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to his nose and sniffs at it.

Kinaed states to blueberries, "A system where people can lay down ownership of certain rooms and zones for benefits."

Kinaed says, "And people can try to steal areas from them, etc."

Temi says, "A new proposal for a system.  Kin's been working on the spec."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, if a random staffer goes next..."

Temi states, "There's some details on the forums, if anyone wants to go take a look."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed gets the Turf Wars Specification.

Blueberries asks, "Oh like the gang war system from GTA San Andreas?"

Kinaed gives the Turf Wars Specification to blueberries.

Temi claims, "Apparently I'm random!  So, been doing mostly requests and plots this week.  I think I'm currently caught up on stuff"

Kinaed has transferred Deedee.  [OOC]

Erika gives a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to Deedee.

Temi claims, "And still going slow due to craziness for everyone, so engage as you can, but we'll want for high-speed escalations, at least"

Kinaed states to blueberries, "I haven't played GTA San Andreas, but I'll look that up."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says to Erika, "I think you're up :)"

Viper wonders, "Is the other of the commands supposed to be Tubori gibberish?"

Raspberries asks of Temi, "What's the next perspectice contest gonna be?"

Erika states, "Been a busy week for me overall. Helping out with the requests, among other things. Making slow progress on the webclient, and that's all for me really."

Kinaed questions to Viper, "I'm sorry - I don't understand?"

Viper claims, "On the spec"

Kinaed says to Erika, "It's been good. Appreciate being able to navigate the web client command line with the arrow keys SO MUCH."

Viper says, "Number 3.. commands. I see half of it in Tubori"
Temi says to Raspberries, "Holding off on it for the moment, as there didn't seem to be a lot of excitement for the last"

Otter says, "Oh. In the turfwars specification, yeah, a bunch of it switches languages part way through."

Kinaed states to Viper, "Oh, no. Not supposed to be."

Temi claims to Raspberries, "We did get the major duchies, at least"

Kinaed states to Otter, "Thanks for letting me know. I think on the forums it's posted in plain English. If not, poke me and I'll see about fixing that."

Raspberries says to Temi, "Oh. Well, That's because Farin are boring. ;)"

Kinaed claims, "The biggest cited reason people didn't want us to open the other duchies as the size of the pbase though. That seems to have recently changed a bit."

Chipotle says, "Not certain it'll stay that way after the pandemic."

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Temi says to Raspberries, "Well, if there's a lot of interest in one of the remaining ones, I can certain revisit doing more."

Kinaed says, "Maybe not, but also it's something I'm keen to do and the pandemic doesn't currently have an end."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raspberries says to Temi, "Charali charali charali charali"

Sparkles questions, "Is that a topic currently open for discussion at the meeting? Or mostly sticking to the forums?"

Kinaed says, "Alrighty then, we've got a lot of topics, so we may need to make an effort to keep it moving."

Sparkles nods.

Blueberries says, "Eeee this report is in Maori. Can't understand it."

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "The Turf Wars? It's open, but we do have a pretty long list of topics today."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, so moving to Player Heartbeat - How was the game for everyone this week, folks?"

Chipotle declaims, "New character is going well!"

Youhavenoeggs claims, "Chaotic."

Kinaed smiles at Chipotle.

Violet pontificates, "Busy! "

Kinaed nods at Youhavenoeggs.

Blueberries pontificates, "It was great!"

Pookstall says, "Well, liked some of what I've heard, but need to get active again"

Kinaed smiles at blueberries.

Venamelia states, "Story heavy. But now it is to waiting for conclusions for it to come."

Murrmurs claims, "Has been a nonstop week."

Aric says, "I still have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun."

Youhavenoeggs says, "And intensely OOCly confusing."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Alpharius says, "Pretty good."

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Kinaed nods at Murrmurs.

Kinaed nods at Aric.

Kinaed comforts Youhavenoeggs.

GandalftheGrey says, "Seen a lot of cyans doing very well and interacting, so yay"

Wight pontificates, "Some good, a lot of bad. Been great to see all the new faces though!"

Ethelon says, "I'm having trouble to get into the line of RP I'd like to."

Kinaed questions, "Does anyone have anything shitting them that they want staff to know about? (That also hasn't been raised as a topic since we'll go into those in more detail)"

Sparkles says, "Hmm, it's been a so-so week for me, excited for new Bards! But some goings on have made it hard for me to really feel into RPing."

Kinaed nods at GandalftheGrey.

Kinaed comforts Wight.

Kinaed comforts Ethelon.

Naomi pontificates, "It's been crazy busy, as usual. A little sad this week!"

Kinaed comforts Sparkles.

Kitty trails off, "RP has been busy..."

Kinaed comforts Naomi.

Viper states, "I'm another year older"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed nods at Viper.

Viper trails off, "....Only thing shitting me"

Civetta states, "So. So. Busy."

Deedee exclaims, "Busy!"

Kinaed says to Viper, "Me too. My 40th birthday will probably be in quarantine :/"

Ethelon states, "I don't know if I am too impatient, but I've been waiting a week to get into the Guild I want."

Kinaed nods at Viper.

Kitty exclaims, "Happy Birthday, Viper!"

Viper states, "Oh no, I meant Dagerian"

Yinadele states, "I had a really intense week! I have something to talk to staff about afterwards but overall okay."

Kitty trails off, "My 40th birthday will likely be in quarantine, too....."

Kinaed declaims to Viper, "Oh!"

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

Alpharius claims, "Ethelon, I know what you're talking about. We are working on it."
Temi comforts Kitty.

Sparkles queries, "Have you send a mail or pboard to the GL asking for a scene?"

Viper wonders, "Are wheelchairs considered heresy?"

Alpharius says, "It's an irregular situation."

Kinaed states to Yinadele, "Reach out - but I do have something scheduled right after this, so another staffer may need to substitute for me."

Temi wonders to Kitty, "If it happens in quarantine, you don't have to be 40 yet?"

Alpharius states, "Sorry about that, but it should be fine soon."

Raspberries says, "Liters would be thematic I think"

Kitty claims to Temi, "OOOOH! I'd love if that were true. Just... postpone it for a year."

Kinaed says to Viper, "I don't think wheelchairs are heresy, they've actually existed back into ancient times."

Viper says, "Let me rephrase"

Temi declares to Kitty, "It only seems fair, really!"

Viper wonders, "Are Charali in wheelchairs heresy?"

Youhavenoeggs says, "They existed but were just INCREDIBLY expensive iirc."

Kinaed says, "Ask a Matriarch"

Raspberries nods at Viper.

Temi wonders to Viper, "Are Charali out of wheelchairs not heretics?"

Venamelia claims, "Only if it is not horse shaped."

Wimpled says, "You could just get a hill pony and it could be a chariot, Viper."

Ethelon trails off, "Alpharius, Thanks for the headsup. My char is pretty lost without that hook, hehe..."

Viper claims, "...fair point"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's get started on our topics. One person left me 4 topics for OOC, so what we'll do is - I'll raise one, then we'll go down the line of people who registered, then I'll raise the 2nd, and so on until we run out."

Kitty states, "Ethelon, I'd say... please be patient a leeeeeettle longer, if you're who I think you are. Some IC changes going on. But, yes, frustration completely understood."

Kinaed says, "The first topic I have is: A request that people are required to log scenes."

Violet wonders, "All scenes?"

Ethelon claims, "I'm not mad. I can totally understand that stuff happens. Atleast, my guy made a new friend I can kill some time with."

Katlyn questions, "Log them to what end?"

Pookstall claims, "That would certainly be difficult on certain mediums"

Kitty asks, "... log all scenes?"

Raspberries says, "I log everything anyway, but that sounds like an undue burden for many. especially mobile fols"

Katlyn questions, "Yes, and well... for what reason?"

Kitty trails off, "That seems...."

Kinaed claims, "Potentially in certain circumstances, this one is 'when a participant is afk', but I suspect it's a broader topic of 'whenever policy might be involved' or something."

Chipotle claims, "Yeah, immediate reaction is that a lot of folks just won't be able to do it."

Kinaed claims, "A tell from the person witht he topic says 'all contentious scenes'"

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Sparkles states, "Not all people will define contentious the same."

Katlyn says, "Yes, but what counts as contentious is rather subjective. I could be having a normal conversation, and someone else might think it contentious."

Chipotle muses, "I have a question in response: are all scenes already logged? If not, is it feasible to log all RP on server-side?"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I think this is a no go. Firstly, a lot of people can't do it. Secondly, what's the point when people can literally edit a log before sending it? And thirdly, honestly, staff don't have time to read your logs."

Katlyn says, "Yes, and I'm still trying to figure out for what ends. lol"

Violet says, "I don't see how that's feasible to log -always- but I'd agree that logging things that would require a cnote (pkills/criminal activity/arrests/etc.) would be fair"

Pookstall states, "Logging contentious stuff is usually a good idea even if it's not required, just because it's highly likely to come to Kin, but, when contentious comes up is not really a choice you have necessarily"

Sparkles states, "I feel like if you are fully expecting any scene you are in to need a policy review the change there isn't logging, the change might be you."

Kinaed states to Chipotle, "No, staff don't log or spy on anyone unless they've been seriously problematic. If so, we place a log on a specific person."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Kitty trails off, "The thing about being able to edit logs is legit, though. Plus, people might interpret scenes differently, and people may ICly lie. The admins aren't RP police..."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kitty states, "They can't say, "That didn't happen!" The person, in game, could very well be lying about it."

Kinaed claims, "And I genuinely don't have time to read them. What often ends up happening is that people submit logs and IF a staff member has capacity, I ask them to read it and let me know what they think."

Wight states, "As the person who brought this up to clarify. This is more meant to provide IC context when you take action against someone who does not appear to be there. I was put into a contentious situation where I had icly and oocly no idea what was going on."

Kinaed states, "Only very occasionally can I personally read logs."

Wight states, "When a log was requested I received a very very high level summary which provided no real context. That's specifically the problematic portion there."

Youhavenoeggs claims, "I think logging in general being a hard -require-ment is absolutely impossible. Me and far too many people play on mobile which is famed for tiny buffers and no autolog."

Kitty says, "I would say... there are ways clients can log, so you can always do all of your own logs. But, I think it's a little far to expect everyone to always log."

Kinaed wonders to Wight, "As you know, the staff's view is that you shouldn't have been idling without flagging afk, so even if we had a rule that people must log if someone is AFK, how is anyone to know someone is AFK if they're not flagged?"

Wight nods

Katlyn states, "Yeah and while my client does have the capacity to log, and it does, I can't ever locate them since there are like literal bunches of logs."

Kinaed nods at Youhavenoeggs.

Kinaed states, "I do find logs are sometimes useful and manipulation of logs THAT I CAN DETECT is pretty rare - but I have caught it before."

Chipotle states, "I will say from experience that it's a very useful administration tool even if you never touch it. I do appreciate that staff are responsible and I get that it's part of the culture here not to have staff looking over your shoulder - which is great! - but I feel as if it is something to consider in these contentious cases to have the option."

Chipotle states, "Player logs are completely unreliable."

Kinaed states, "It's actually what got a player banned."

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Kinaed says, "Yep"

Katlyn says, "Well honestly, it's refreshing to know that staff genuinely aren't looking over your scenes. Because so many other muds there ares taff that snoop. And that's fine, it's their mud, but I personally find it refreshing."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so I think the answer to this one is - no. However, if you do log and a log is requested, thank you."

Temi says, "Generally we use logs for 'how did this actually come across' rather than a flat 'this didn't happen'"

Venamelia claims, "Tbh, arrest/restrain takes 10m to auto succeed. I... would find it a bit, ehh? to wait ten minutes for it and leave a message for them. Because it is no fun for them and not a story making just to wait out the timer. But that is my opinion, I suppose."

Kinaed claims to Katlyn, "We genuinely aren't. It has its problems though, like please don't assume that we know what's going on when talking to us about things that are happening in grid :) Unless we have a character in a scene, we probably don't know."

Viper sneezes loudly.

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Snoop command is visible to you"

Kinaed says, "Note: We do log the use of some specific commands, so we do know who has picked a lock for example."

Katlyn asks, "Is it really?"

Katlyn muses, "Visible to us I mean?"

Temi says, "So if we're snooping on your log, you'll know."

Kinaed questions, "Yep. May I snoop you?"

Venamelia says, "Yes."

Katlyn laughs.

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else want a demonstration of the snoop messaging?"

Raspberries queries, "Does it give a spoopy message?"

Venamelia laughs "Yep, visible!"

Katlyn states, "Okay yes, it's definitely visible."

Violet raises hand.

Raspberries declares, "I'm curious!"
Temi grins.

Violet pontificates, "Curious!"

Kinaed has begun to snoop on you.

Andorig claims, "Yeah sure"

Wight declares, "Curious!"

Kinaed stops snooping you.

Youhavenoeggs questions, "Can I see it just so I know?"

Temi claims, "It's very obvious."

Katlyn says, "It's extremely obvious."

Katlyn laughs.

Temi says, "And to be honest, we don't really use it."

Raspberries states, "Might be nice to add it to the prompt."

Youhavenoeggs states, "Lmao nice."

Temi queries, "Only if there's like 'Hey, there's this weird bug... can you look at what I'm seeing?'"

Kitty says, "Yeah, it literally tells you that you are being snooped."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed says, "Could consider doing that."

Kinaed claims, "Having said that, staff have snooped maybe 2 people in the last five years, and it's usually Azarial trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong :)"

Raspberries grins.

Temi claims, "Any usages of it also log for all other staff to see and be able to check logs for."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, that's our first topic."

Temi says, "So no rogue staffers."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Another fun fact - staff don't go invisible. If we're online, we're on the wholist."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, next up - Sparkles."

Kitty claims, "I got snooped once, but it was the reason mentioned. I had a bug that they couldn't replicate and it was easier to just... watch me."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed asks of Sparkles, "Won't you introduce us to your topic?"

Sparkles states, "I am meant to bring up that as the sdescs of folks showing on Guild Notify alerts is not to be taken or utilized as usable IC info which people might naturally assume it is something like vNPCs informing you they are there, perhaps instead it should be more generic and not give the desc? Also .. a request for a potential review on commands you can't use while sitting. "

Deedee muses, "Wait they are not to be taken as IC info?"

Ethelon states, "I didn't understand that entirely."

Kinaed says, "Oh, actually... I think I'm incorrect in that. I think I misunderstood someone's cnotes."

Kinaed states, "So *scuff*"

Katlyn muses, "I don't understand? I thought it is meant as icinfo/ Otherwise why would someone at random, for no reason go to a particular location, if it's not ic info?"

Violet says OOCly, "Oh... that's confusing. We aren't able to use someone's intro in guild notifies as IC?"

Violet wonders, "Oh... that's confusing. We aren't able to use someone's intro in guild notifies as IC?"

Kinaed says, "Someone had written in their cnotes that the notify command was how they'd gotten an sdesc, and notify as notify is. However, guild alert messages ARE IC"

Katlyn queries, "I thought guild notifies and intro were ic?"

Temi claims, "So, there's a few things:  notify to a person.  notify to guilds that someone is at their headquarters.  And the auto-alerts that e.g. someone was written crimes."

Temi asks, "Kin meant notify to a person, and - yes or no on guild?"

Kinaed says, "So I apologize for htat and will edit my post to the Reeves and general public if that's what is interpreted as 'the notify command'"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles claims, "Okay, well, nevermind on that bit then! Sorry! Just on the things you can do while sitting bit."

Kinaed claims, "Guild alerts are IC messages."

Deedee nods.

Kinaed says, "That being SAID."

Temi claims, "For criminals at least, the detail of those results is based on the lawfulness state in the city."

Raspberries states, "If I recall, short descs show up on the guild channel even if cloaked, it won't show the cloaked desc"

Kinaed claims, "Seeing a short desc should be abstracted a bit. If you see 'a tall, lanky man with black eyes' and them meet a tall lanky man with black eyes - that doesn't mean that you know who they are. Consider the ambiguous population and how many people would fit that description."

Violet nods.

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "If that's true, that's definitely a bug. It should show cloaked descs when someone is cloaked."

Temi states, "If you see 'an albino with red eyes' probably safe to assume it's the same one."

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "Please test and provide a log."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Venamelia states, "Higher App score = lower chance that would would fit the desc :D"

Venamelia wonders, "Right?"

Temi states, "'a blonde haired Lithmorran with blue eyes' means... approximately nothing."

Raspberries says, "I'm not on-grid or in a guild unfortunately"

Youhavenoeggs squints. "Time to never use notify guild again."

Violet states, "I can test it, I think."

Raspberries claims, "But it's something I recall from a spoopy character- it was showing who was entering a lounge even if they had cloaks on"

Kinaed states, "Okay, my apologies for any confusion there. I will go back and edit my posts to clarify"

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "If you have a log, please submit it to bug. If not, I'll post a note for Staff to check that command regardless. Thank you for reporting it."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed says to Violet, "And thank you for the offer to help test."

Kinaed states, "So if ANYONE comes up with a log - please add it to the public bug I'll post."

Kinaed trails off, "Meanwhile, next topic..."

Kinaed asks of Wimpled, "Won't you introduce us to your topic?"

Wimpled states, "Two general reminders - Remember to use moods!  Particularly if you are doing something shady.  Also, lawful types - remember you can hand corpses off to Giovanni (the NPC in the hospital) who will put them in the morgue for you if a Physician with a key is not around.  "

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Alpharius is idle.

Alpharius is no longer idle.
Alpharius has returned from AFK.

Wimpled says, "Anyone can hand him a human NPC or PC corspe and he'll take it."

Deedee claims, "I've pboarded the reeves and order with info on Giovanni"

Kinaed states, "Yeah, a reminder - if people don't use moods after multiple reminders, a nosteal will be placed on your account and things like lockpicking, etc, will stop working."

Katlyn claims, "Hmm I definitely did not know that."

Kinaed claims, "And I'm getting close to that with some people at this point in time, so please sit up and pay attention. We're nice, but only until we know you know the rules. Then all bets are off."

Otter claims, "Sell corpses on the black market instead. Embrace darkness."

Chipotle muses, "Are there non-coded behaviors that need moods like that?"

Aric is idle.

Kinaed grins at Otter.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, next anonymous topic."

Raspberries claims, "Just walking in a room tiy're not supposed to be in requires a mood iirc"

Sparkles claims, "Need, no, but for example there was a rumor about a big fight that happened in my pshop and there was no mood, I had a sad as there was nothing to RP off."

Sparkles claims, "Moods aren't just for policy, they give other people things to base RP off."

Murrmurs nods with Sparkles. 

Chipotle exclaims, "I do typically mood things, but clarifying the policy is important!"

Wimpled says, "Generally, if you're somewhere you aren't supposed to be, have taken something, changed something or left it weird, etc."

Naomi says, "But they are policy, so do them! It sucks to see stolen things and no mood."

Kitty says, "I like to mood about things vNPCs in the area might be talking about, etc. Something that recently happened and employees would still be speaking of, etc."

Murrmurs trails off, "I think an important note is that there's a difference between winning and generating RP. Trying to not mood when it's on the edge is a bit boring..."

Kinaed says, "Yes, and that's why they're required in certain instances. For example, please leave moods if dumping a body, taking anything that doesn't belong to you, disturbing a scene, or if something violent happens in an area."

Kinaed claims, "Or heck, just leave moods because it's fun and makes our world more colorful at any time."

Kitty states, "Agreed with Murrmurs."

Chipotle exclaims, "All right, signs of disturbance especially. Makes sense!"

Otter questions, "Does that apply to when I find a random hole in the ground in the wilderness or just like things I know are player/guild owned?"

Kinaed states, "It always applies if you take something that doesn't belong to you."

Katlyn states, "It's better to over mood, than to under mood."

Kinaed nods at Katlyn.

Kinaed has transferred Gilt.  [OOC]

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, thanks for that. Next topic?"

Erika gives a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to Gilt.

Venamelia nods.

Raspberries states, "If you forget to leave a mood in the heat of the moment, feel free to req board it"

Viper states, "That name Giovanni"

Wight nods

Viper says, "Is a familiar one from another MUD i played"

Kinaed says, "Anonymous requests that we consider requiring people meet the same requirements for PKs for maiming. For example, that they have cnotes, that they are targetting for a substantial reason, etc."

Temi says, "It's a common name from Italian roots"

Viper asks, "Have they made 100 characters yet?"

Andorig states, "I agree with that request, mostly because maiming can ICly cripple your character and reduce what they can do ingame."

Violet says, "For permanent maiming? Hellz yah."

Kinaed claims, "From my point of view, I'm fine with that."

Kitty says, "That one sounds reasonable."

Katlyn claims, "I think that's reasonable, especially so people don't just walk up to you and randomly just stab you."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Sparkles claims, "I certainly admit that reading that ... required update to a really touchy policy made me really uneasy."

Youhavenoeggs says, "I think that request is really questionable, at least if it's 24 hours the same."

Chipotle claims, "I'm fully in support of this one. As of right now, by the written policy, you could turn someone into a potato without a cnote, which is effectively character death already. I'm sure staff would step in, but the policy is lacking as-is."

Murrmurs says, "Reasonable to me."

Pookstall questions, "I assume the reasons you can kill someone without prior cnotes would be the same exceptions?"

Wimpled claims, "Not so bad being maimed ya'll. "

Kitty states, "Of course. I'd think so. Self-defense, etc."

Venamelia claims, "Yeah, I also agree that this should follow the same policy. These are severe IC consequences and should not be pushed at anyone lightly."

Kinaed says to Pookstall, "I'm not sure."

Sparkles claims, "I think it was the particular flavor of the maiming, Wimpled."

Wimpled states, "Ah."

Katlyn states, "Yeah and as Andorig stated, there are pretty severe ic consequences, and if you're just going to walk up to someone, and... casually just... stab them and or maim them, there has to be a reason for it."

Blueberries is idle.

Venamelia nods.

Kitty claims, "Maiming is... a little more than just a stabbing."

Pookstall says, "So, if you realistically had permission to kill someone, you could decide to chop their hand off intead"

Youhavenoeggs states, "This is."

Youhavenoeggs says, "I'm just gonna stay out of this one."

Katlyn states, "No I know, I'm just giving it as an example."

Chipotle declares, "Wimpled, I feel like missing all your arms and legs is a pretty significant IC issue and is covered by 'maiming'! ;)"

Wimpled says, "For the time period, missing all your arms/legs is going to kill you."

Viper trails off, "I don't agree. Anyone can stab anyone at anytime, IMHO... Happens all the ttime in LA"

Pookstall nods to the Kitty.  "I'd expect it only counts if it's something they won't recover from."

Wimpled claims, "Unless there's magic involved."

Violet says, "Stabbing does not equal maiming"

Kinaed says, "I would consider maiming any permanent damage that could affect a statistic or change a person's able-ness."

Violet trails off, "We're talking like... sawing off limbs"

Kinaed has transferred GuineaPiggy.  [OOC]

Katlyn says, "Yeah I mean I guess in that state, you'd have to define what counts as maiming, but yeah."

Murrmurs nods with Kinaed.

Erika gives a small oil painting of a double pyring and looming shadows to GuineaPiggy.

Wight states, "I'd also like to say that -regardless- of whether or not cnotes are required. If you are taking a major antagonistic action with permanent consequences for another character, you should go into the situation in a way which is respectful to other players. Other than that i'm going to stay out of this one i'm extremely biased on this one."

Andorig claims, "Well, the situation which this is revolving around certainly includes altering able-ness."

Katlyn says, "Right, and with something like that, I'd still agree that the same policy apply."

Sparkles muses, "There was discussion at some point about that being code, wasn't there? If/when that's coded should it take familiarity into account?"

Raspberries queries, "Wasn't there talk of a coded maim command?"

Aric is no longer idle.
Aric has returned from AFK.

Youhavenoeggs claims, "I feel like this is one dude trying harder to prove his point than to make something better."

Youhavenoeggs says, "But that's all I"ll say."

Naomi states, "I'm in agreement, maiming should require a cnote. Stabbing... isn't the same. Fights happen. If, after the fight, you cut that persons foot off for a trophy necklace, that should probably be cnoted."

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "Yes, there was discussion about coding it. It hasn't happened and probably won't - but we can easily check familiarity whether it's for PK or maiming purposes."

Murrmurs says, "Shared RPH are easy to check."

Kinaed nods at Murrmurs.

Katlyn states, "Right Naomi, I'm with you. i was just giving stabbing as a clearly bad example. But I'm in agreement that it should follow the same sort of policy as pkilling."

Temi says, "We did discuss it, but I couldn't find a bug note, so probably didn't decide on a spec"

Naomi nods.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think we're all pretty much in agreement, so that item is passed and I'll make the changes to the policy help files."

Youhavenoeggs says, "I agree it should be cnoted. But not the 24 hour requirement bit."

Wimpled states, "I'd expect maiming on the level of limb removal to require the same policy as killing, because for the period, it's likely to cause death. "

Violet nods.

Murrmurs nods with Wimpled.

Cheeky is idle.

Raspberries states, "If you initiate a fight intending to maim someone, you should have cnoted I'd say. if someone attacks you and you decide to lop off an ear after, would be covered by self defense policy I'd think. could as easily just kill them by the same"

Wimpled states, "And honestly, I'd only expect a physician or a mage to be able to pull it off. "

Kinaed states, "I'll discuss the 24 hour bit and particulars with staff as I may have missed a few comments in this due to how quickly my screen was updating."

Murrmurs nods with Raspberries.

Violet says, "I agree with Wimpled."

Cheeky has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Kinaed states, "Has a large potential, at least."

Katlyn says, "I agree."

Kitty claims, "I agree. I think it should have the 24 hour time period. It's not that long, really. And, it would be premeditated. You're severely changing someone has to RP their character, it's a serious move. A reasonable one, as long as there's thought put into it."

Chipotle claims, "Remember that an arm is pretty worthless without any fingers, too."

Ethelon states, "I didn't even know you could dismember someone in that manner."

Temi says, "There's not actually code for it, though we have some tricks."

Wimpled says, "An arm is not worthless without a hand."

Murrmurs claims, "LOL"

Temi claims, "But that doesn't mean the RP isn't possible."

Wimpled states, "I can still parry with my arm, thank you. "

Viper says, "Master Yoda"

Chipotle states, "It's worthless enough to stop you from doing 90 percent of the things you codedly do in this game."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, this is passed - it will be written up - next item. Use of the die command - 'can it be opened so that a person can use the die command if both parties concur that a death would happen'"

Kitty bows to Wimpled.

Kinaed says, "Yes, and it's currently like that."

Viper says, "Worthless an arm is not, without a hand."

Kinaed says, "The die command is blocked due to past abuse by pretty much anyone being arrested, so now it is available by asking a staff member who will check the RP situation and decide if it's appropriate to open it or not."

Temi wonders, "I think that's currently the policy?  But staff have to open it up to ensure everyone is on board"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Venamelia states, "Look, the one thing I utterly hated on Sindome is these sick people that live out their sadistic OOC fantasies IC. It sickens me in more than just a few manners, because maining and shit is RP that I utterly hate. I walked out on Starfinder/Pathfinder sessions just for it happening."

Kinaed states, "As per HELP COMMAND DIE"

Murrmurs NODS with Vena

Andorig states, "I agree with venamelia on this one"

Murrmurs says, "We're not here to play sociopaths"

Alpharius states, "Death before dishonor. *dies*"

Kinaed comforts Venamelia.

Venamelia claims, "I swear, anyone doing that shit for "lolz" is just fucked up."

Yinadele claims, "I think scars and maiming are fun things to bear."

Viper queries, "...Well why else would they do it?"

Alpharius claims, "To be fair, that kind of stuff had uses in Sindome."

Kinaed states, "Well, maiming is a part of our theme, and I do agree if people do it for lolz, it's screwed up - but it is a part of theme, and for those who dislike it, it's part of our environment."

Raspberries nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Murrmurs nods.

Alpharius claims, "Can't really group it all under 'lolz torture'."

Temi claims, "Let's remember the OOC chat agreement to assume the best of people and assume they aren't just doing it for the lolz."

Chipotle says, "Okay, one sec - apologies, that definitely comes across as disparaging to the disabled, and that's not my intent. What I mean to say is that most things you do in this game tend to require fingers and 'limb removal' is not the only way to severely disable a character - but I presume staff will come to policy on that nuance."

Raspberries says, "This is dark fantasy. maiming can be some of the lighter stuff here"

Venamelia claims, "Yes, but there should be a respectful attitude to it."

Katlyn nods at Venamelia.

Yinadele states, "I can agree with that."

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Yeah, and for our timeperiod, maiming was commonplace."

Raspberries nods.

Viper states, "I once ate a character alive"

Viper claims, "With another character"

Viper shrugs.

Katlyn says, "Oh man no one needs to know that."

Kitty says, ".... I have no words."

Alpharius states, "Heh."

Andorig adds Viper to The List.

Viper says, "Hillbeast days"

Kitty claims, "Haha. Ah, that explains."

Wight claims, "Good times. That was a fun time to be around."

Violet giggles. 

Kinaed states, "So, for those people who seriously have issues with some of the content on this game - please do read HELP POLICY TRIGGERS and take care of yourself."

Murrmurs trails off, "Hillbeast did hang my dude by his own entrails... Metal hilly boi"

Ethelon gets dark souls vibes from Viper.

Violet says, "What a guy, Hillbeast."

Sparkles asks, "Do we have other topics?"

Kinaed trails off, "One more... "

Kinaed says, "This is a general reminder from staff, and it sort of plays into the discussion about how people do what they do, etc."

Kinaed claims, "And that is that everyone on this game is here to have fun, so no matter what you're doing ICly, staff believe it's important for players (especially antagonistic ones) to remember that the people around them are players too and to deliver the best game experience to one another we all can even when it's negative RP."

Kinaed states, "A great example of this was the recommendations I saw go to our Inquisitiors last week from the two pyred players."

Viper claims, "I think people would be surprised how well antagonistic RP will go if RPed correctly and not attempted to twink"

Kitty says, "I heard excellent things about the inquisitors and knights and how they handled that whole situation, too."

Kinaed claims, "They said that the RP, while not where they would have wanted to end up, was handled with OOC respect and an eye to making sure that they weren't there simply to make the Inquisitors look good."

Kinaed nods at Viper.

Chipotle says, "Everyone involved in that did a wonderful job."

Kinaed claims, "This is what we strive for as a game and a community - to tell good stories together."

Kinaed nods at Chipotle.

Raspberries claims, ":)"

Temi exclaims, "And an additional to reminder to send recommends for those people who do handle antagonistic situations well!  As a big hug to them and a reminder that their efforts are appreciated"

Kinaed states, "So please, even in your darkest IC hours - keep the IC nastiness IC and do your best to be kind OOCly, and in RP - always keep an eye to supplying the best RP experience to one another as you possibly can. And yes, sometimes no matter what you do, the person on the other end won't enjoy, for example, losing an eye, but if it's meaningful and treated as telling a story *together*, you've done your best."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "Okay, that is actually my full list of player topics today."

Temi pontificates, "And with two minutes left!"

Kinaed claims, "Does anyone have anything else to add? We're two minutes until the top of the hour."

Aric states, "I think my struggle as would-be antagonist is being vastly outnumber in a game I'm still learning, limited to RP in a sparsely populated area, and compounding OOC/IC pressure which should be themely that's really just making it weird at times. "

Kinaed grins at Temi.

Kinaed comforts Aric.

Temi nods at Aric.

Ethelon claims, "Yeah. I agree that we're not playing against one another, but alongside. I had a troublesome character earlier and I think it's important to let people enjoy the roleplay, instead of just aiming to *defeat* the other guy."

Temi claims, "It's definitely harder to start on that side, before you understand the whole game well"

Raspberries declares, "Things aren't easy for antagonists, but their roles are appreciated!"

Youhavenoeggs says, "Har."

Ethelon vows to play a crime-lord next.

Temi states, "But I think even people who are very familiar with the game have a hard time balancing it when they cross over"

Murrmurs nods with Temi.

Viper trails off, "Truth..."

Wight claims, "+1 for antagonists."

Youhavenoeggs recommends Ethelon not bother at all.

Viper trails off, "...Not the character, I meant like Temi's words are truth..."

Temi grins at Viper.

Murrmurs claims, "RIP"

Temi states, "Though people did say excellent things about Truth."

Andorig says, "I'm debating on whether or not I should keep it real here."

Kinaed states, "I've received a tell from one of our Discord mods: please remind folks about following the be kind rules on the Discord"

Violet claims, "Truth <3 <3 <3"

Venamelia says, "Truth's end was heartbreaking, but she died peacefully. That gave me peace, too. An end to a character I OOCly much loved."

Viper muses, "Discord? Isn't that a voice chat thing?"

Yinadele states, "It's what most people use for communication these days."

Chipotle trails off, "Rest in peace, Truth. We hardly knew ye..."

Temi nods at Viper.

Yinadele says, ":( truth"

Sparkles states, "The game has an official Discord channel."

Temi claims to Viper, "Not just voice though, and I think we rarely use that feature"

Viper trails off, "...."

Viper trails off, "Huh..."

Kinaed states, "Apparently there's a bit of a consensus that people have been a bit snippy on Discord. If you have a problem with someone that needs addressed, please don't address it by fighting on OOC channels. You can ask a staff member to mediate a discussion with someone else OOCly at any time if you really need to get something off your chest."

GandalftheGrey says, "Yeah, plus you can always just block someone if I recall if they get on  your nerves so you don't see anything they post"

Chipotle states, "Unfortunately the Discord block function makes their posts even more noticeable :("

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, moderators of Discord - if people are being snippy, please step in. I rarely look at Discord beyond private messages."

Kitty says, "I would say, too, that Discord is not the place to vent policy complaints - that's for staff eyes."

Naomi nods.

Kinaed nods at GandalftheGrey.

Youhavenoeggs sits down on the ground.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed claims, "Absolutely, and in that vein, no IC info should be on any Discord channel."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I want to thank everyone for attending today's OOC Chat and request that if anyone has time - please post a review of TI on Reddit."

Kinaed says, "If you do and let us know you did (good review or bad), Staff will award 5 QP."

Kinaed claims, "This effort will help other players find us, and therefore enrich your RP environment."

GuineaPiggy asks, "Post where on Reddit?"

Kinaed claims to GuineaPiggy, "R/MUD"

Murrmurs claims, "Before trans -- HUGE shoutout and thanks to staff. Thank you guys for keeping this game running for us all. :)"

Wight declares, "Agreed!"

Katlyn pontificates, "Ennergize!"

Kinaed claims, "Aww, thanks :))"

Chipotle declares, "Also thanks to the order!!"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, we hope to see everyone next week!"

GuineaPiggy declares, "Yeah for real! Wheek wheek!"

Ethelon declaims, "Bye!"

Raspberries waves.
Venamelia waves.

• Information