Log of OOC Meeting - 2020/03/07

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Yinadele

Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Kinaed says, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and
truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their
skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of
this and each other at all times."

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you
register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed states, "If not, I'll kick off the Staff Updates - just send me a tell if you think of a
topic as we progress."

Delana states, "Seems like there was something, but don't remember now. will tell if it comes to
mind"

Kinaed says, "Okay, last week I didn't do much with TI due to IRL stuff. I think I logged in once to
process the request queue (recommendations and the likes)."

Kinaed nods at Delana.

Kinaed says, "I think we did actually hold a shortish Staff Meeting."

Kinaed states, "This week, I do have time to meet with staff and get through our list of talking
points, so I plan to do that today if other staff are available. That's me."

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi trails off, "So, I would like to introduce..."

[New Helpfile: Tubori Perspectives]

Delana pontificates, "Neeto!"

Kinaed smiles.

Jennifer chuckles

Kinaed cheers for Temi and the contributors that helped make it happen.

Temi questions, "Thanks to those who participated in the contest. Hopefully people liked it enough
that we should do more for the other races missing them?"

Satoshi claps!

Temi states, "I'll be sending rewards for those whose were selected after the meeting"

Venamelia states, "The council one. Hah Hah, Hah... >.>"

Temi says, "Other than that, I've been working on the Vandagan plot stuff, and set us to have a
royal event next weekend"

Kinaed smiles at Temi.

Kinaed states to Temi, "Thank you for your work this week, and I love the help file."

Delana queries, "Which race is next on the list?"

Temi states, "Probably Farin"

Lans clears his throat.

Delana declaims, "Oh that'll help me a lot!"

Serril declaims, "Time for me to get writing!"

Temi says, "Things are a little crazy here in RL with the virus stuff - my company's on work from
home, so I may be a bit more available not commuting."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Naomi declares, "Nothing about Tubori!"

Lans states, "Good day."

Lans claims to Temi, "Sorry about that."

Temi states, "But that's about it from me"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles.

Temi states, "Yeah, Tubori don't need to give a quote on themselves."

Naomi grins at Temi.

Satoshi claims, "Most tubori seem to have a LOT to say about themselves, wink wink"

Temi states, "Feel free to submit one on the Tubori once I put Farin up."

Temi grins.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that's all from Staff today - let's move on to Player Heartbeat. :) How was
the game this week, folks?"

Lans claims, "Another uneventful week for the knighthood."

Kinaed comforts Lans.

Delana declares, "Been a really busy week!"

Satoshi declaims, "It was awesome I got married! Then was promptly busyish irl and only managed a
few scenes"

Lans eyes each and every one of you suspiciously.

Jennifer claims, "It's been good."

Pookstall says, "Haven't had much like finding people to RP with"

Truth declares, "Was feeling burnt out at the start, but it got considerably better the past few
days. So many good scenes!"

Sparkles claims, "Clearly people aren't reporting the proper moral threats."

Pookstall states, "Much luck*"

Kinaed beams at Satoshi.

Kinaed comforts Pookstall.

Serril says, "Just getting used to all of the on-grid stuff."

Lans claims, "Truth makes me laugh. Yes, I laugh IRL."

Delana says, "I so wanted to see my present opened at the wedding, hope it was a hit. lol"

Satoshi states, "Looking forward to beating my GL's until they promote me and then throwing wild
parties 24/7"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "They're all heretics, clearly."

Truth smiles at Lans.

Kinaed nods at Serril.

Pookstall states, "I think a lot of what's been happening has been lower-class friendly, so I'm
happy for those folks, but not great for a noble."

Pookstall grins.

Sparkles says, "Otherwise ... it's been, eh, it's been one of those weeks."

Satoshi wonders, "Nobles clearly need to whip up stuff for nobles to do... though I can plan a fancy
pants party if we feel like that's needed?"

Lans says, "Noble activity seems spotty outside of great lords and one or two exceptions."

Kinaed states to Pookstall, "Our noble activity is a bit low - it may need someone in the noble
space to take initiative and do noble things to get the others to wake up."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Delana states, "I'm planning to hit up a pair of nobles for scenes this week"

Pookstall claims, "Well, I'd certainly go if the timing worked! But I don't expect others to stir
up RP for me."

Kinaed questions to Sparkles, "That sounds a bit ominous. Everything okay?"

Lans claims, "How does Lord Lans sound. Kind of a tongue twist."

Civetta says, "I have a thing percolating that's probably of interest to members of the nobility,
though who knows if it will actually do stuff"

Satoshi says, "Well I'm a bard it's sort of my job to stir up events but I counted my wedding as an
event and otherwise i've been busyyy"

Lans eyes Sparkles curiously. "What is the matter?"

Kinaed claims to Sadon, "We're in the Player Heartbeat section where all of the players can chime in
with how the game was for them this week."

Sadon nods.

Kinaed smiles at Civetta.

Delana waves to Kitty and Sadon

Kinaed smiles at Satoshi.

Sadon smiles at Delana.

Naomi states, "For me, it's been a little slow to get back into, but getting there"

Kinaed nods at Naomi.

Kinaed muses, "Is there anything that's low key shitting anyone that they want staff to know about?"

Delana states, "Sorta- I kinda understand though"

Lans says, "Hmm. Nothing that can be fixed or I haven't stated before."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed comforts Lans.

Kitty states, "Other than that I need to get more ice cream, not at the moment "

Satoshi trails off, "Other than my job making me too tired so I just want to sleep... no"

Delana states, "I wrote it out, but doesn't mean it's a huge deal just because it's long"

Delana claims, "I've been feeling left a litlle high and dry in regards to my GL application. When I
apped in, I was told something would be permissible, but when I shared such in a pboard note with
some of the higher-ranked guild members, I was never backed up on it when concerns were raised by
one of the members. I know staff have had a busy few weeks, but at least a quick note on the thread
would have been much appreciated. (note in question is pboard 136, with request for staff comment on
it on req board 2. See also pboard 99, and req board 4 for further reference)

I'm hoping staff can get together and handle it all soon! I've got a bit of RP delayed until it's
resolved, and I'm worried it's causing OOC frustration within the guild."

Kinaed smiles.

Truth exclaims, "I'm being facetious, but I was soooo mad when race relations were too low for me to
visit the other quarter's stores, and now class relations are too low for me to buy from them!"

Kinaed says to Delana, "I think I saw that and didn't personally respond because I was pretty busy
and it's in a space owned by another staff member. My apologies on behalf of Staff for being hands-
off there when I probably should have, at least, asked if it was resolved yet."

Delana claims, "(hopefully those numbers still match up, did yesterday)"

Sadon nods at Truth.

Truth rips her hair out.

Jennifer claims, "Class relations is just frustrating"

Temi says to Delana, "We put it on the staff discussion list and have not had a chance to discuss
yet"

Jennifer claims, "It keeps anyone from buying anything"

Jennifer laughs.

Satoshi questions, "Ask other races to buy stuff for you when you can't get in?"

Kinaed claims to Delana, "I'll make sure we resolve that today as a part of our staff meeting if we
have one."

Delana says, "Thanks :)"

Satoshi can't help class relations they are always frustrating.

Eiphraem states, "Um, I can bring up some things that were a little difficult to digest from a new
player perspective in chargen, if that's something staff is looking for feedback on."

Serril claims, "Class stuff makes it hard for a new character to get the things they need :("

Naomi says, "Yep! Have other races/classes buy things."

Venamelia states, "Yeah, I wanted to dip into brewing a while ago, before things became intense and
then got "Nah ah. Class relation." Was a very sad day."

Lans claims, "It's hard to keep consistently high, and it's not any guild's 'job' to keep it up."

Naomi claims, "For my part, I just want to throw a reminder out there for non-cyans to engage the
cyan people."

Satoshi says, "Well almost all the stuff you can buy at stores you can get infinitely cheaper from
craftspeople"

Kinaed comforts Venamelia.

Kinaed nods at Naomi.

Temi says, "Class relations has Brotherhood on its pro-side"

Kinaed states, "There are mad XP bonuses for engaging cyans and members of the Holy Order."

Truth says, "I hunt cyans down these days. It's my new trade."

Satoshi trails off, "The Brotherhood has like... almost no members though"

Lans says to Temi, "My apologies."

Sparkles claims, "Not knowing what all Delana refers to, I can't answer to but I have felt there's
been a lot of kind of IC strife lately that's felt OOC confusing. If that makes sense."

Kinaed states, "Both are hard to get RP on for different reasons, so we offer a significant RPxp
reward for RPing with those kind of characters."

Satoshi says, "As for cyans, I tried to snatch one but she idled out after my first emote, was sad"

Eiphraem states, "Most people have been very friendly so far! I think my biggest concern was mostly
that cgen for skills and understanding XP costs isn't as frontloaded as it could be, and Skill help
files for understanding skill levels are a little difficult to find at first glance. IE: Trying to
figure out what's an acceptable skill level to RP with isn't easy to find immediately, or how to
practice certain skills/advance once in play. Because the help file directs you to the purchasing
for stats."

Lans claims, "Come confess your magery and I will give you more RPXP than you can handle -- while
you live."

Venamelia states, "Planning to finish what needs to be immediately finished that I am aware of and
then I think I will go on a break for a week or two. And yeah >_> Cyan orderites are... rpxp
Hereo(ic)s especially."

Temi states to Temi and Temi, "Yeah, not necessarily enough to make a difference, but it could help,
if they were strong"

Naomi claims, "Not just that, but it's oftentimes rough for a cyan name to break into RP."

Sparkles queries, "What makes breaking into that RP difficult?"

Kinaed claims to Eiphraem, "Thanks - I'm taking that feedback down in our notes to consider."

Satoshi trails off, "If you don't know anyone and might not have a solid grasp on lore slash
backstory, it makes it hard to do stuff that will hook people into you... someone to help you along
is really helpful"

Delana nods.

Satoshi says, "And having a character to latch onto usually gives you an in to their IC relations in
some way"

Kinaed states to Eiphraem, "For the record, level 36 is considered the 'stock standard, solid skill
level'"

Pookstall claims, "I try to go out and sit somewhere that people might run across me, when I have
extra time and there's no appropriate events on, but I don't really have a lot of bandwidth for
reaching out to people explicitly"

Sparkles questions, "Bandwidth?"

Satoshi trails off, "Really just... being accessible to someone stumbling into you and being
receptive to RP can make a really positive experience for a new player, imo"

Pookstall states, "Capacity for ongoing things"

Pookstall nods in agreement with Satoshi.

Kitty claims, "I have been grabbing newbs when I can find them."

Kinaed says, "With regards to cyan RP - as most of my characters in the last eight years have been
cyan, often it's just getting to know people and establish the character is, in itself, a bit
boring. And unless you've taken that step, you don't really get into the nitty gritty, deep RP
scene."

Kinaed says, "No one invites someone they don't trust to the super secret society bash."

Lans says, "You can trust me."

Eiphraem claims, "That's fair! I think skill levels are in a help file I can't remember right now,
but Help Abilities is secretly more useful than a default reflex of 'Help skills'. Also, I've had no
issues finding RP so far, to be fair."

Satoshi trails off, "And if you don't KNOW anyone, you often don't have... impactful RP which is
what brings people back"

Kinaed says to Lans, "Of course I can, sweetie."

Satoshi claims, "Also Eiphraem, if you go to help skill rank it will tell you the ranks"

Kitty says, "It takes time to develop relationships, yeah."

Kinaed grins, all teeth.

Civetta claims, "I know exactly what we can trust Lans for."

Delana declares to Serril, "Hope I haven't overwhelmed you with the scene we had! feel free to
personal board note me if you need any help with the stringing"

Serril states, "Being able to talk to a lot of other people helps a lot. I have difficulty with
character depth which feels like a big limiting factor, so being thrown into all sorts of situations
can help with that a bit. But being thrown into those situation depends on whether or not people
like and trust you."

Naomi says, "What makes breaking into it difficult is when everyone in the public room basically
ignores your every emote, for example, with their own emotes like 'sits with their eyes tightly
closed, head down' and 'staring into their cup of coffee, X's greeting goes unnoticed', etc etc."

Eiphraem states, "Ah, yes! That- 'Help Skill Rank' isn't listed in the chargen area, and I think
that'd be VERY helpful."

Kinaed takes notes from Eiphraem's comments. Thanks!

Kinaed nods at Serril.

Serril declares to Delana, "Not at all! Slowly drudging my way through it!"

Jennifer says, "Touche Naomi, but at the same time if someone is just passive emoting. Like just
sitting at the table listening, it's very hard to break them in to an ongoing scene."

Truth claims, "Never be afraid to crash scenes or just interloping in places where it seems you
don't belong."

Delana pontificates to Serril, "Yay!"

Kinaed claims to Serril, "That's one of the reasons we increase people's reasons for contact with XP
bonuses and whatnot - we hope it will grease the wheels in getting cyans 'there' so to speak."

Satoshi trails off, "YEAH that's what I mean by 'being open to RP' a lot of the time... sometimes
you are genuinely in a conversation and wouldn't just harangue the first person to walk in, but also
can intimidate newbies into not approaching"

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi says, "If Someone just doesn't seem like they want to play with you or reacts negatively...
most people won't want to STAY."

Jennifer claims, "I'm with Truth here, I crash scenes all the time. Because honestly, unless you
have to, passive emoting doesn't really get you anywhere. And I'm guilty of that. Soemtimes I have
nothing to contribute to the convo, so I passive emote, but I'm aware that doesn't make it easy for
people to interact with me in a given scene."

Kinaed muses, "Have we got people who are doing the 'I'm emoting with my friend right now, but OOCly
notice and acknowledge a new person even if my character doesn't engage' kind of emotes?"

Delana nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Kinaed claims, "I'm in agreeance - if they're on whereRP, then they're begging to be crashed. :)"

Kinaed states, "It's TI's 'invitation to RP'."

Pookstall claims to Kinaed, "I'll definitely try to do that as much as possible, at least a small
smile and nod noticing them"

Kinaed states, "I probably should put that in our help cultural norms."

Truth says, "It can be nerve wracking when going out of your element. Most of my scenes have my
heart pounding IRL because I know she's not popular."

Sparkles says, "I might say there's 'crash' as in show up and 'crash' as in show up and cause a
disturbance."

Naomi claims, "There wasn't a scene in this specific instance. I had a character there, other people
showed up, but upon engaging them, they... did the above. X's back is turned, Y is staring into
coffee cup... etc etc. Then the person that did engage went idle after a few emotes."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Satoshi says, "I'm all for crashing but people need to remember IC consequences still exist if they
pop up where they aren't wanted or allowed to be"

Kinaed comforts Truth.

Lans states, "I crash wherever the hell I want. But often with good reason."

Truth claims, "But you HAVE to take that leap if you don't want to just exist without anything going
on."

Delana says, "It can be tricky in busy scenes, especially when the cyan is a seeming a bit shy, but
I do try to send them a pose and try to involve them"

Kitty states, "Or if they crash in a way that will get a negative reaction."

Lans nods at Truth.

Kinaed claims to Naomi, "Sounds dead :( Sorry about htat."

Satoshi claims, "Yeah you can crash in a way that won't cause people to hate you lol"

Pookstall states, "One suggestion: you may have better luck going to individual people, rather than
heading straight for the biggest scenes"
Serril says to Kinaed, "I think giving XP will only take care of a part of it. I think roleplaying
is like reading a good book. And people won't want to drop a good book for a, lack of better words,
worse book. Even if there's a few dollars between the pages :) Adds to a big part that new players
are nervous to be liked."

Satoshi trails off to Truth, "Honestly I admire that your character does stuff that causes a stir,
but she just... really does everything to make my guy wanna stab her"

Pookstall says, "A single person out in public clearly has no RP and probably wants some"

Delana nods.

Jennifer says, "I'm with Truth here. There's a way to do it, and do it tastefully. And sometimes,
you have to. Like if you walk in a scene and everyone is role playing with each other, you have to
crash a conversation or two, to get in."

Pookstall claims, "Whereas the people in a big scene already have a lot to be juggling and keeping
up with"

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Delana claims, "It doesn't hurt to sit in a busy tavern and see how others RP either, though"

Satoshi states, "YEAH I admit, being in places by myself I'll sit and sit and sit and no one will
come to me even if it's like the queens"

Naomi asks, "That's what I was doing, tavern sitting. The others that showed up just went there to
idle I guess?"

Delana claims, "A balance is good"

Truth says, "Actually, this makes me think back to WHERERP being a huge problem sometimes when it
comes to looking for individual people."

Kinaed queries, "I'm curious - how are people finding Matchmaking these days? Have we tweaked it
into a good place, or does it still have some things that shit people and need to be looked at?"

Kitty states, "Queen's has been busier, lately."

Truth states, "A lot of times people are just in places that can't be reached."

Kinaed nods at Truth.

Satoshi nods

Delana muses, "I haven't gotten match made, is that on by default?"

Pookstall states, "I've honestly been frustrated on some characters to wait around for anyone to
show up for hours, and then when they do, half a dozen people descend on the room that wouldn't show
up for the single person that actually needed the RP, and I do enjoy low key RP one-on-one
sometimes."

Kinaed claims, "True - we wish we had a good game algorithm to detect if someone can be reached,
then don't show them on whereRP, but... it's very hard with how TI is built under the hood."

Jennifer claims, "Oh I love the match making thing. I don't always take the challenge, but I do like
it."

Kinaed comforts Pookstall.

Venamelia states, "Matchmaking is... uh. Not very useful. It often matches me with people that are
far out of the social circle or might be absent or in private areas."

Lans states, "I matchmake frequently with Francesca, heh"

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Satoshi says, "Matchmaking has been a lot better! It's helpful to see people's hooks and I've gotten
1-2 good scenes from it, even if I don't match just then"

Eiphraem claims, "I found the pvent and matchmaking events to be pretty cute and interesting little
tidbits, though as someone fresh most of them aren't able to be acted on as I don't know who's who
or where's who."

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Truth tells Kinaed. "I like the concept, but I've never been matched with someone who's stayed on
for more than a few minutes before logging."

Satoshi claims, "Also yeah the game likes to throw Theodora and Rho at me x3 it's like it knows"
Temi declaims to Lans, "Yeah, you already made that match! I dunno if you should get QP for it"

Kinaed nods at Eiphraem.

Temi grins at Lans.

Kinaed nods at Truth.

Serril claims, "People generally decline my attempt at personal roleplay when I get a matchmaking
thing. Like when I send a messenger, I make up a good reason to meet up and it's just... no. Or they
just log out."

Lans frowns grimly... and grins.

Kinaed comforts Serril.

Kinaed queries, "So it's ... middle of the line in terms of good for the game?"

Sparkles claims, "They might not realise you were looking to meet up."

Jennifer states, "Though you might want to do something to take certain people who don't have rp
hooks out of the rotation if that's possible codedly. Because it's hard to get a matchmake with
someone and there are no rp hooks."

Delana declares to Satoshi, "That's odd! I would think it would favor people you don't usually RP
with"

Kinaed asks, "Any suggestions to make it better?"

Naomi states, "I like the matchmaking thing"

Kinaed smiles at Naomi.

Pookstall says, "I'm not able to turn on or off whether I would like for other people to be matched
with me at any time"

Satoshi claims to Delana, "It's random that I understand, just luck of the draw during my online
times"

Venamelia queries, "Is matchmaking both ways?"

Serril questions, "Is there a way to, in an ooc manner, tell people "hey i got a hook with you are
you up?", that might tip things in a better favor? "

Truth states, "I think so, Venamelia."

Satoshi says, "That would be notify, Serril"

Satoshi says, "Also no Matchmaking it one way"

Kinaed says to Venamelia, "No, only one person gets the match, and the other person doesn't know
they've been matched."

Truth exclaims, "Oh!"

Sparkles states, "Notify or Page can work."

Kinaed asks, "How about notify? Working well?"

Truth pontificates, "I didn't know that!"

Naomi queries, "Oh, matchmaking is one way?"

Kinaed nods at Naomi.

Venamelia muses, "Maybe it might help to make it both ways then? Since both get a QP reason to rp
with the other then?"

Satoshi claims, "If it were two way it would create an obligation to drop everything to go play with
that person"

Sadon states, "Really? Considering how many times people seem to log off when i get it, i thought it
went to both."

Jennifer claims, "Yeah I'm with Serril here. i've gotten two match made with someone, tried to get a
scene with them both times, and it failed both times."

Serril states, "I've actually tried it with notify, that hasn't upped my chances of success."

Truth queries, "I always thought it was both. I'm kind of confused why it isn't?"

Temi pontificates to Sadon, "Nope! No reason to take it personally"

Naomi states, "Hrm. Yeah, I can see that"

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "It was designed to be a perk and obligation free - not to say we can't
change it, but I'm not sure an obligation or feeling of one would be good for the game."

Sadon smiles at Temi.

Satoshi claims, "If it went both ways, it would be an obligation"

Satoshi says, "'Well so and so knows I'm online and now i need to go RP with them'"

Satoshi claims, "Or else you need to justify why you arent"

Sadon states, "Not at all, not at all. I wasn't trying to approach them. it just gives me that

Serril wonders, "That's why being able to say to the other in some way would be useful, are pboards
allowed for that?"

Civetta claims, "It has been a little frustrating being unavailable and not really being able to
explain -why-. Also messengers still work in traveling rooms which seems a little weird. That poor
courier's legs must be hella tired."

Naomi says, "Right, I'd vote to avoid it being obligatory"

Truth states, "Really? I never considered it that way when I got matchmaking hooks and thought it
was both ways. I just viewed it as an optional side thing."

Jennifer states, "No, because both of you could refuse, or both of you could be doing other things,
or decide not to take the challenge. if someone wants to scene, but you don't, you can always ic
decline."

Satoshi says, "SOMETIMES I am just in the sewers and don't want to drag myself past 10 crocs to get
you"

Kitty says, "That would only work if it specifically targets two people who are currently not
engaged in RP."

Sparkles claims, "I might suggest in the messenger specifically invite the person to meet you
somewhere."

Truth declares, "Like, 'This person is on and you can get QP for RPing with them, but it's totally
optional!'"

Venamelia claims, "I don't feel it would be. Dropping everything would seem a bit... OOC-IC
crossover? And Kitty's idea is a good one, I think."

Jennifer says, "I don't think that having it both ways makesit obligatory at all. I think it'd make
it easier to get that rp, but that's me."

Satoshi states, "Yes but the community would view it that way. I already get people getting fussy
sometimes with notify"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed nods at Jennifer.

Delana asks, "Would it be a good compromise for the other to get a notice saying they have a match,
but not say who?"

Sadon smiles.

Truth pontificates, "Oh, I like that!"

Kinaed claims, "I appreciate the feedback and comments, everyone. I'll think on it a bit."

Satoshi states, "I just do not have the time all the time to go to someone who matchmakes me. I'd
love to if I could, but since you can't opt out of it people would take it personally if you refuse"

Sparkles says, "I'd say it might, if no other reason it might encourage you to move to a room you
can get messengers."

Satoshi claims, "Because on my days off, yeah, love to meet new people. But on workdays usually I am
doing stuff"

Temi says, "I know some people would feel awkward about turning down a match and then staying online
if they knew the other person would take it as personally turning them down"

Sadon nods.

Temi says, "At least, that was our thought process with one way."

Sadon states, "I can se how someone would think that."

Kinaed asks, "Do we find matchmaking hooks useful?"

Satoshi says, "Absolutely find them useful"

Satoshi says, "Especially since you can see them even if you don't match, using help character
<name>"

Jennifer claims, "No but I mean keep it ic. Like I got match made with someone twice, and I kept it
ic, of course I got turned down both times, but it wasn't personal. There was sufficient ic reason
for it."

Wimpled I mean, someone's going to feel rejected either way if they get turned down. It's just the
rejector that might feel bad knowing it was for QP.

Sadon claims, "I haven't matchmade with anyone so far, so to speak, but i think they'd be very
useful if i did."

Kinaed asks, "Do we find some people writing awesome hooks with others less so? Do we know some
great examples in the game?"

Venamelia claims, "Something I could think of would be to be offered to join the matchmaking and the
other's matchmaking only to be revealed after both agreed."

Kitty states, "People may be crafting, or skulking and being sneaky... lots of reasons to decline
that might have nothing to do with not wanting to play with someone at that moment."

Truth says, "I don't. But I think that's just because I try to avoid knowing stuff about character's
that hasn't been revealed IC yet."

Serril says, "I've had difficulty making up some more unique ones- but that's just character depth
that I have trouble with. But the hooks are useful."

Sadon nods at Kitty.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Kinaed smiles at Serril.

Satoshi says, "Anything in the matchmaking can be assumed knowledge just from talking with people,
Truth."

Kinaed states to Serril, "It may come after time playing the character too. *nodnod*"

Satoshi says, "And your help character should be assumed to be known, as well"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi states, "General knowledge anyone could get in a little bit of asking"

Satoshi says, "Unless your character never talks to people or you want to be uninformed, you can
totally act on that"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Some are definitely better than others. Not necessarily as description
points of the character, but for 'hookiness' - the ability for another random person to use that to
approach you"

Kinaed states to Truth, "A character's Help File is what any other character would know about them
if they asked around or just paid attention."

Kitty states, "I DID see someone with random numbers in their matchmaking thing, but cannot remember
who it was."

Sadon says, "I do believe they were trying to reset it."

Truth nods at Kinaed.

Delana wonders, "I see some people's helpfiles delve deep into background it wouldn't seem like
everyone would know, should I pboard them a comment if I see such?"

Naomi states, "I think it's better to get to know someone through RP than just automatically assume
you know everything in their helpfile, but that's me"

Kinaed nods at Delana.

Satoshi says, "Yeah, the helpfile specifically says to only put basic info in the help character"

Sparkles states, "I will say it's helpful if folks put things in hooks they are willing to talk
about."

Jennifer says, "I do a little balancing act, somewhere in between the two."

Satoshi states, "If the whole backstory is there, that's bad"

Kinaed states to Delana, "I'd ask them if they really want all of that stuff to be publicly known."

Satoshi says, "My help character honestly is mostly NPC's impression and lies, tbh"

Kinaed claims, "Because anything in a character's help file is deemed public knowledge."

Delana grins at Satoshi.

Kinaed grins at Satoshi.

Sparkles states, "Longer lived characters likely have more things people know about them too."

Delana nods at Kinaed.

Venamelia says, "Yeah, I am thinking about adapting to the rumor thing as well eventually."

Truth states, "I suppose what I meant earlier was that when I get matchmade with someone I've never
met before, I can't ICly justify knowing their hooks if I haven't even heard their names before."

Satoshi states, "It's honestly more fun to read people's help characters if it isn't just a
worddump, that's what the backstory command is for"

Kinaed says to Truth, "You won't have access to their help file unless you have them remembered, as
I recall."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Sparkles wonders, "Maybe RP you've heard about them, but you didn't know what they looked like?"

Satoshi claims, "Also Truth, if their hooks were something you'd know about, you totally can still
send a message"

Temi claims, "It's stuff that should be 'public knowledge if you ask around'"

Satoshi claims, "And you can search a helpfile with their coded name on who"

Kitty claims, "You can if you assume you have heard about them from some vNPC, etc."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Galax claims, "'I heard there's a guy around doing X'"

Truth queries, "Wait, Kinaed, you can't access a helpfile unless you've remembered someone?"

Satoshi claims, "So if you get a matchmake and it's 'really loves animals' you can send a message to
them being like 'i was at the pet store and heard you frequented, want to takl about ferrets'"

Sparkles claims, "Yeah like I've been told in RP about people before for a long time before I ever
actually met them myself face to face."

Kinaed claims to Truth, "I don't think you can access character help files unless they're
remembered, but I may be wrong."

Venamelia claims, "I think you can access their help files if you do not have them memorized. I do
not got Marisa on my list, but can do."

Kitty claims, "You can access them."

Satoshi claims, "You can totally access help files with their coded name"

Sadon states, "I think you can ue coded names"

Wimpled claims, "You can access character help files that are not remembered."

Temi claims, "Yeah, I think you're incorrect on that- but you have to know their name to access it"

Delana states, "Well you might not know which character it is until they're rememebred, but you can
see any random joe on who's helpfile"

Kinaed says to Sadon, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Wimpled, "Thanks :)"

Satoshi says, "So anyone who knows Tua can't, without knowing his coded name"

Sadon smiles.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi claims, "Because I'm dumb and go by a nickname"

Satoshi claims, "BUT you can access it with the remembered name"

Pookstall asks, "So I thought I'd sent my hooks, but they aren't there... what's the correct command
syntax again?"

Lans has lost link.

Satoshi states, "You type clipboard, type them in, and then use the matchmake command"

Kinaed says, "I get out of date with code sometimes - things change faster than my brain keeps up,
particularly with small details. Which is a bit worrisome given I design large portions of the game -
sorry everyone. :)"

Sadon states, "I will admit to using it on non cyan characters that are online because I want to see
if they're oldbies with long histories that i read for fun. I usually forget all about it like a day
later but i do that."

Truth asks, "Couldn't it be problematic if a nickname or an alias gives the same help info as a real
name?"

Delana claims, "Clipboard edit, then matchmaking hooks I think"

Satoshi states, "I know of ONE character who has a help character with an alias"

Satoshi says, "I think you have to get staff to do that custom for you"

Satoshi states, "But remembered name goes to the coded name's helpfile unless they are the same"

Sparkles says, "That's the same issue that you can't include people in plots if you don't want to
reveal their coded name too."

Pookstall finishes abruptly, "Right. Clipboard - I think messaging on attempting matchmaking hooks
needs to say something about that"

Lans has reconnected.

Delana states, "Yeah, it seems a lot is based on coded names"

Lans says, "Ahem."

Kitty says, "Help matchmaker does mention the clipboard."

Satoshi claims, "I think that's mostly a symptom of the system"

Kinaed says to Truth, "Potentially, but I'm not certain that coding against things like that isn't
more effort than it's worth. We do for certain things, but only because those are extremely high
stakes. People using nicknames can't be guaranteed perfection in terms of code handling."

Satoshi trails off, "Coded names are... coded"

Pookstall claims, "I just kept geting 'Matchmaking hooks is limited to five lines.'"

Satoshi states, "You can't go over 5 lins"

Satoshi states, "Make sure to clear your clipboard before you start typing"

Truth nods at Kinaed.

Satoshi says, "Using @s will show you the line numbers at the side of the clipboard too"

Pookstall claims, "Yeah, but if you dont see the clipboard part, that's just 'The system is broken'"

Satoshi states, "Type 'clipboard edit' to edit your clipboard"

Lans claims, "Clipboard is, by far, the strangest system in TI."

Kinaed nods at Lans.

Satoshi states, "It's mostly tied into the crafting system that I've seen"

Kinaed states, "I'll make a note that we have to look at resolving that one."

Lans says, "Almost magical."

Galax says, "Clipboard has some other dependencies too"

Kitty exclaims, "It can be confusing when digging graves, too!"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Jennifer states, "Aww but I like the clipboard. it helps a lot with crafting."

Galax claims, "Or I mean, other thing shave dependencies on clipboard"

Delana says, "Clipboard is handy, but it does feel a little kludgy in some ways"

Satoshi says, "It's a bit janky but once you get used to it"

Kinaed claims, "I don't think the clipboard is particularly intuitive, yeah"

Pookstall says, "Maybe a message like: 'Matchmaking hooks is limited to five lines. Ensure that the
text in clipboard is appropariate.'"

Satoshi muses, "It says that on the helpfile i thought?"

Lans states, "It seems to me like a leftover, vestigial 1981 sub system."

Galax states, "It feels like a piece that existed before e.g. the editor and in its place"

Kinaed claims to Pookstall, "I've made a note."

Satoshi says, "Oh it doesn't"

Kinaed nods at Lans.

Lans claims, "Like... something invented by a kid in the Soviet Union."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, I've asked a few questions about systems and things on my mind. No one
raised any topics this week - does anyone have anything they want to talk about?"

Temi states, "I think it was just an idea from Az that made a lot of code things easier, but it's
not really a first class system in how people experience it"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states to Temi, "I think we need to fix it."

Lans claims, "I would like to know if the pbase has any suggestions for us knight to do better, from
an ooc point of view."

Truth says, "Knights are cool."

Delana states, "I do hope the command stays around even if less things become dependant on it"

Kinaed questions to Delana, "Why is that?"

Satoshi claims, "Honestly currently not an issue with the knights ICly, i see you out and about
occasionally"

Galax states, "You guys have by and large been pretty cool. All I can think of is to keep doing what
you're doing"

Delana states, "It's helpful for testing out ASCII stuff"

Kinaed exclaims, "Ahh!"

Galax claims, "Unless you're not having fun"

Kinaed nods at Delana.

Galax states, "Then stop doing the things that aren't fun"

Kinaed states, "I usually just use {x"

Pookstall finishes abruptly, "It would be more natural as an argument on things. Like tool
all.chocolate ed clipboard - rather than just having to know that that was where it is taking stuff
from"

Kinaed states, "That did not come out the way I typed it."

Satoshi claims, "When there was a specific problem with one member it caused a lot of negative PR
about the knights but without that s'been p cool"

Sparkles says, "If you got rid of it entirely, the system a lot of people use to string things would
go broke for one"

Lans says, "I try to be patrolling, keeping watch, crashing events, and silently judging."

Delana declares, "That too!"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Galax says, "There are secret things dependent on clipboard as-it-is"

Delana says, "It's helpful for batch tooling"

Truth claims, "Oh, I also want to give a reminder that idling out can be dangerous! It can damage
your character IC health and people's faith in you as a scene partner."

Lans says, "But it does get a little old. I am keenly aware of which zones just don't get player
attention."

Delana claims, "The other thing that comes to mind that relies on it is bury grave"

Delana says, "Not sure if there's a more elegant solution for that"

Truth says meekly as someone who idled out quite a lot as a cyan.

Satoshi claims, "If you are struggling a little with patrol RP you could always have SOME patrolling
off-screen and invest in some other interests"

Eiphraem says, "Hello truth i'm very sorry :,("

Jennifer states, "I'm of the mind, if it works, don't break it? As far as the clipboard thing goes."

Lans claims, "I believe the Dark Arts use the clipboard. Another reason to terminate it."

Wimpled claims, "Patrol partners FTW. "

Sparkles says, "As for the Knights, I'm not sure it's the Knight side of things, but it has felt for
a while a bit ... moot to report things given lower Inquisitor RP, but I imagine that might be
looking up."

Kitty points at Wimpled and nods.

Satoshi states, "RE: clipboard it's not intuitive but it's learnable and I could consider it just a
part of the learning curve"

Truth claims, "No, no, no! Eiphraem this wasn't directed at you! Please don't think that. It's more
of a general caution. I've seen it happen quite a bit recently, and I even did it last night! Fell
asleep on the keyboard."

Lans claims, "Unfortunately I must do patrols in person."

Kinaed claims to Truth, "We have banned people in the past for being serial idlers. If it's
happening a heap with someone, let us know. Mind, it does take a lot of complaints, but we will
eventually do something if we have a lot of people complaining about one person constantly idling on
everyone."

Lans states, "No handwaving them."

Truth states, "It was nasty. There was drool everywhere."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "We're looking positive at the Inquisitor situation"

Satoshi trails off, "RE: knights, yeah i get that... then I third the patrol partner thing"

Temi says, "Hopefully it pans out well this time"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Lans says, "Presently my fellow knights are generally less available. But I'll manage. I often do."

Lans once crashed a witch party and send them all scattering for realz.

Satoshi says, "Get a civilian bro"

Delana states, "If you notice a pattern of someone idling out, especially when it seems 'convenint'
do drop staff a note on it"

Wimpled says, "You can always get a hunter or someone to go with you, depending on the territory."

Lans claims, "Good idea"

Wimpled claims, "Order can pay people to assist in an assistant capacity."

Kinaed claims, "On that, I think I'm going to start telling GI application people that if they go
idle in the first four weeks, we can't wait for them to get the full six weeks idle because we've
had a string of them."

Civetta claims to Lans, "Can always resort to inter-organizational patrols"

Galax claims, "Patrolling always sounds like a tedious gamble, especially if you're frequently
patrolling the same locations"

Kitty trails off, "Current new GI is still inactive, I think. >.< But, it has only been a few
days...."

Truth nods at Kinaed and Delana and says, "Yup! I totally understand. Most of the idling out I've
seen has been harmless. People staying up too late and stuff. It's not that big of a deal."

Galax trails off, "But the reward for a successful one is ridiculously high, so..."

Kinaed says, "It probably should go for all GL apps - app in and go idle that same week... I think
we shouldn't have to wait."

Satoshi claims, "It's a good way to get some people alone too, in case you want to put on that
knightly pressure"

Lans claims, "The problem with patrols is that they are necessary, lol. I keep finding stuff. Then
it's a month of not even tracks."

Kinaed comforts Lans.

Sparkles states, "I'd also argue people that do that a lot should probably not be allowed app roles
anymore."

Satoshi claims, "If you're trying not to look suspicious you'd probably agree just to get on their
good side"

Delana declaims, "Just don't make it coded! I came in idle because this character sat in chargen for
a extended period of time before apping"

Temi states, "Maybe at least a whole week, in case Sundays are their big day for a lot of time and
they got in during the week"

Kitty says, "Yeah. Actually, they are made 'retired' in the guild pretty quickly as GLs. In fact, I
guess because of chargen time, the current GL will go retired like... tonight, methinks."

Lans claims, "I am sad that so many GIs, three in a row now, have been no-shows."

Truth grins at Delana.

Temi states to Delana, "Actually, I think we should fix that"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure when the current GI got in, so I'll give them a bit to actually get
active before I say/do anything though. Just a bit burned on app in GLs idling out and leaving whole
guilds in a lurch."

Truth states, "But my warning was also just in case someone happened to idle out in the wilderness,
with bad mobs. I think those can mess you up."

Lans claims, "I do need to coach each new Inquisitor or Knight and it gets tiring."

Delana states, "I'm still not showing up on the council list because of being inactive so many
weeks"

Kinaed comforts Lans.

Temi states to Delana, "I think on getting added to a role for the first time, they should start
fresh on the idle time outs"

Kinaed comforts Delana.

Kitty declares to Kinaed, "Me, too!"

Delana pontificates, "Sounds good!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, we have five minutes until the top of the hour."

Temi says, "How many weeks a person was in chargen setting up their character has no bearing on how
active they are on grid"

Kitty says, "Council list is only nobility. GLs aren't on there."

Lans says, "Remember to tithe. We favor people who do."

Satoshi cries in poor freeman

Truth spent months in chargen.

Kitty claims, "You can't be in two guilds, and council is a guild."

Kinaed says, "I want to say thank you to everyone who attended, and my apologies if I missed any
says/tells during the meeting - sometimes things are appearing too quickly for me to keep up with.
I'll reread this log."

Galax wonders, "Toss a coin to your.... knights????"

Lans says, "Ov"

Lans says, "Oh valley"

Kinaed says, "Meanwhile, our next shift in time for the OOC Chat will be April 5th. Otherwise, next
Saturday system time as always. :)"

Temi says, "No, city council command should be everyone"

Truth states, "Yup, it's everyone. Unless guildlist council shows differently."

Kitty states, "City council, yes. But not thr council guild list."

Truth pontificates, "It does!"

Kinaed says, "If you want to encourage people to come play with you and make the game a fuller
experience, please consider posting a review on TMC or Reddit :)"

Satoshi pontificates, "I want to encourage people to reach out to the bards for events!"

Temi says, "Yes, city council is the one we're worried about."

Kitty says, "I mean... being ON it. and ok."

Satoshi claims, "I'm a bit low on time myself so it can be hard to know what to make events for, but
if you reach out I can totally do all the planning"

Kinaed pontificates, "Otherwise, thanks again for attending - see you next week, same time and
place!"

Satoshi says, "Put posters up all over everywhere at the ass crack of dawn when no one is on, and
you get all the credit :)"

Kinaed trails off, "Alright, putting people back on grid in 3..."

Serril waves.

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Sadon smiles.

Delana claims, "Just a shoutout to those involved in Physicians RP. Hopefully your wait is almost
over :)"

Satoshi declares, "Thanks for staff's work!"

Galax waves.

Delana waves.

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

Kinaed pontificates, "Welcome, of course! :)"

• Information