Log of OOC Meeting 2/22/2020

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Darkness

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you
register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Kinaed wonders, "Nothing?"

Kuzco claims, "I have a topic."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Cool, putting you down."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed has transferred Delana.  [OOC]

Temi gives a tropical bird-shaped kite with a tail of lengthy feathers to Delana.

Kinaed claims to Delana, "We were just opening it for people to register topics"

Kinaed has transferred Conrad.  [OOC]

Temi gives a tropical bird-shaped kite with a tail of lengthy feathers to Conrad.

Conrad states, "Yes"

Conrad says, "I approve of this"

Conrad states, "I like birds"

Kinaed claims to Conrad, "Welcome :)"

Galax claims, "Bord"

Delana states, "Nothing from me at the moment"

Kuzco wonders to Conrad, "No shit? >=)"

Darkness claims, "Birb."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we have a topic registered by Kuzco, no one else has spoken up - so I think
we'll kick off the rest of the agenda."

Temi says to Conrad, "It's in honor of your bird fun this week."

Satoshi is climbed and settles in. "Good thing since it's based on you, Conrad."

Kinaed declares, "If you come up with a topic, please send me a tell!"

[Action: Kitty is sitting on Satoshi's shoulder. ]

Conrad claims, "I figured"

Temi grins.

Kinaed says, "Last week, we held OOC Chat and I offered to assist the Order if called in - and then
missed that someone was actually asking for me to do something, so I'll have a look at that. On my 
desk - still Turf Wars. Reposted the old post because I got the sense no one read it when I just 
added a long spec to the original post. Checked the responses, but still have work to do."

Kinaed trails off, "Guess that's it for me. Keeping with randomizing who goes next amongst staff..."

Kinaed claims, "Temi. "

Kinaed grins brightly.

Sparkles asks, "Is the forums the better place for feedback on that?"

Satoshi claims, "I think kin posted it on the forums so probably"

Kinaed states to Sparkles, "If you wouldn't mind, it's a good centralized place where I can keep all
feedback together and reference when I'm working on it."

Temi claims, "I've been working on the ongoing plot stuff - trying to get responses to people quick,
but I would like to request people keep an eye on it when it asks for responses, especially if 
someone else is waiting on you."

Temi says, "But that's about it.  Been a quieter week."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says to Erika, "You're up :)"

Erika says, "I wasn't able to do much the past week. I'm still recovering from being sick, even if
that mostly passed by now. All I've really worked on is the webclient since not a lot was going on 
the grid that needed help with. "

Kinaed nods at Erika.

Kinaed states, "Regardless, thank you for being around, both of you. :)"

Kinaed wonders, "Is that everything from us? If so... Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week,
folks?"

Kuzco says, "Good. Looking forward to my successor as Seneschal."

Kinaed states, "(I suppose that's technically this week)"

Kuzco says, "I know there's at least one person interested."

Satoshi claims, "Pretty good, got a some nice scenes in, wedding is planned for next week so likely
going to go nuts over it x3"

Kinaed smiles.

Wight declaims, "It's been good! getting back into the flow of things still but enjoying things"

Kitty states, "Game was good. Satoshi is nuts, agreed."

Kinaed says to Wight, "Welcome back :)"

Violet says, "Pretty good, seems quiet right now! (not to jinx things..)"

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Galax states, "Excited for everything coming up. Lots to follow up on, hopefully enough time to do
that"

Pookstall says, "Things have been pretty quiet this week, yeah"

Pookstall says, "I think there was school vacation this week here though, maybe elsewhere"

Satoshi says, "Looking forward to holding some private events--people seem to be tucked away a lot
again"

Satoshi claims, "Err public events that is"

Kinaed claims, "We go through quiet periods a few times a year, and this is one of them. Sometime
near October is the other one (about a month after school starts and the first wave of big tests 
happens)"

Kuzco says, "I am enjoying the next step of the Crown's affairs, and I'm trying to involve other
Guild leaders."

Kinaed nods at Pookstall.

Kinaed smiles at Kuzco.

Venamelia says, "Had a wonderful birthday for Vena, lots of background plot surrounding it and there
was some notable involvement on my part. Loved it. Thanks to those that came and participated on 
it."

Darkness says, "Going decent. Have been looking for opportunities to improve and flesh out my
character. Progress has been a bit ehh- but got to keep going :)"

Kuzco says, "Also looking forward to what I'll do next with Norrig."

Kitty trails off, "In everyone's defense, the tourmament brought them out, the previous wedding and
reception brought them out..."

Kinaed smiles at Kuzco.

Temi nods in agreement.

Kuzco states, "Also kudos to Theodora for her excellent circus."

Kinaed asks, "Has someone run an event this week that staff should acknowledge?"

Temi states, "Sometimes the reaction to a lot of out is a little in to be quiet."

Kinaed declaims, "Yes, thanks!"

Satoshi questions, "Yesss which is why we need to keep holding events or else no one would be out
and how would i eavesdrop on them then?"

Kitty says, "The circus brought people out... they have been out."

Temi says, "Nothing wrong with letting people have some quiet times too"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Venamelia muses, "The event on my end was private, not public. So... I don't think it needs to be
acknowledged?"

Conrad says, "Im running the yule market in march maybe that will bring people out"

Kinaed smiles at Venamelia.

Kinaed nods at Venamelia.

Temi states, "I'm sure it will"

Temi grins at Conrad.

Kinaed says to Conrad, "Awesome :)"

Darkness asks, "I have a few ideas for events, but I'm not really sure how I can flesh them out. Any
chance I can contact staff for some guidance or help on that matter?"

Kinaed states to Darkness, "Sure, just send someone a tell when they're online or drop a request
board if you don't see anyone around."

Satoshi says, "If its an event that you don't need staff help for, you can talk to the troubadours,
too"

Kinaed says, "We don't require people ask on visnet if they can talk to staff - it's okay to just
send us a message."

Kitty claims, "When I have had events that I am not sure about flushing out, I tend to take that IC.
Ask other people what they think should happen. It gets people involved, too, so you aren't runnig 
it by yourself."

Sparkles says, "I'll make sure to try and show up with more birds, Conrad."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kuzco states, "There is a Council meeting after this, btw."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Temi says, "Staff can certainly help you with what we can do and what you're allowed to, though we
can't say if stuff's a good idea or not, too."

Kinaed exclaims to Kuzco, "Thanks!"

Conrad states, "Gud"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Conrad claims, "Wait actually"

Conrad states, "No dont do that"

Kuzco says, "Ok it's cancelled"

Kuzco kicks a nearby can.

Conrad claims, "I dont mean the meeting i mean someone bringing birds because my character will be
very upset by it"

Kinaed muses, "Anything about the game shitting anyone (that isn't already a topic)?"

Pookstall claims to Kuzco, "You're not seneschal anymore, you can't cancel it."

Darkness states, "Ahh. It's not so much the IC part. Rather a bit more of my own experience. But
going to the Troubadours is a good suggestion, I'll keep that in mind :)"

Azarial states, "Ic conflict breeds rp"

Kitty states, "He's seneschal until the next one is in office."

Galax states, "Please bring as many cute birds to the council meeting as possible. i like cute
birds. ty"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Delana pontificates to Azarial, "And RP breeds conflict!"

Kuzco states, "I am still Seneschal."

Venamelia trails off, "Wasn't the last thing that birds were the... pets of mages in recent time?
HMMM...."

Kuzco claims, "No, that's bats and cats."

Satoshi states, "Vis a vis shitting--I'm starting to be heavily aware that non-magic stealth feels
really underpowered a lot of the time"

Satoshi claims, "As I use it more"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Temi claims, "I do think stealth is something we have plans for, but haven't actioned yet"

Satoshi says, "It feels unrealistic that the champion of sneak with 90 dex would be spotted SO
EASILY ALL THE TIME"

Kuzco states, "Non magic stealth has the problem that mages have ways to see it yeah"

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "I think we have a spec floating around to revamp it that Niamh is
probably very (justifiably) upset with me for not looking at."

Kuzco claims, "So you have to contend with opposing WIS and Taint."

Kinaed claims, "It's a good reminder for me to take a look"

Satoshi states, "I don't mind mages having an advantage because it helps me spot them"

Kinaed trails off, "Sneak doesn't work like that..."

Kinaed claims, "HIDE is what keeps people from spotting you. Sneak just keeps people from hearing
you."

Satoshi claims, "But if EVERYONE does just because they have a semi-high wisdom it makes
learnslotting it feel like a waste"

Satoshi says, "Hide masks movement into/out of rooms and strings for stuff, as well as movement in
room"

Wight claims, "No but there is a spell which essenitally auto-spots (disclaimer been a whiel things
may have changed in that regard) hidden people"

Kinaed states, "So if you walk in a room, they won't notice your entrance, but if they look, they
will see you."

Satoshi claims, "But lately everyone and their mother sees me coming and going, and this is with
testing without carring 100lbs of junk too x3"

Conrad states, "I c u"

Wight states, "I'll second that non-magic stealth has always been very underwhelming -particularly
against mages-"

Satoshi trails off, "I am aware that hide and sneak are different things, hide has less... myriad
applications and feels sufficiently OK, but sneak is very disappointing"

Kinaed states, "You could just assume anyone who catches you sneaking is a mage. Because they
probably are."

Kinaed nods sagely.

Wight states, "Burn them all it's the only way to be sure"

Satoshi claims, "Especially since eavesdrop is still broken"

Conrad states, "I know you're all secretly mages you cant fool me"

Kinaed nods at Wight.

Galax says, "There are a lot of ways stealth can fail in general, because you have to successfully
sneak into a place, and then if you want to not get LOOKed at, you then have to succeed at hiding, 
and the more people in a room the more WIS checks you're fighting against"

Kinaed says, "Is it? Thanks for reminder."

Satoshi states, "I can't eavesdrop at joinspots, which is the other application of the skill so if I
ALSO can't just sneak up on people it's less fulfuilling"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I've taken some notes - eavesdrop is still broken and we've some player
frustration with sneak and hide still."

Kinaed says, "Please keep mentioning this things as out of sight is often out of mind, and we've
only got one programmer at the moment."

Satoshi nods--"It's why I brought it up! I'm using it more so I'm seeing it more."

Satoshi says, "Wasn't sure how consistent it was before--now that I'm using it more it's pretty
consistently feeling cheap"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi states, "Anyways, that's it for me."

Temi claims, "We don't want it to end up feeling magic either"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "I may check in with you to make sure I remember/understand the issues
with eavesdrop."

Kinaed declaims to Satoshi, "Thank you!"

Kuzco says, "Sorry, I disagree, people spotting even a champion sneak are likely not necessarily
mages."

Temi claims, "But it does need improvements"

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Surely you jest. Everyone is a mage. :P"

Kuzco says, "Except Norrig and family."

Kuzco nods certainly.-

Kinaed has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Conrad states, "Including norrig and family"

Temi gives a tropical bird-shaped kite with a tail of lengthy feathers to Wimpled.

Conrad says, "ESPECIALLY norrig and family"

Satoshi states, "No but there's a definite balance, and if I'm feeling like I wasted my learn slot
then I feel justified bringing it up to be considered, at least"

Delana holds a tropical bird-shaped kite with a tail of lengthy feathers in her hand.

Galax claims, "Everyone with an app score over 3 is clearly a mage, people shouldn't be that hot"

Delana tosses her tropical bird kite into the air and starts to pull it along, but quickly finds it
snagged.  With a sharp yank on her string, she pulls it back down again, toppling loose into her 
arms.

Galax nod nods.

Venamelia claims, "I have a few guesses on people that are mages, but the deduction is OOC and IC
for all besides one >.>"

Conrad states, "I agree"

Kinaed claims to Wimpled, "We were just doing the Player Heartbeat. Seems like it's been a quiet
week, but some people had some good RP. There are issues with eavesdrop and sneak/hide still that 
are bugging people."

Sparkles scoots away from Kuzco.

Delana stops using a tropical bird-shaped kite with a tail of lengthy feathers.

Kuzco says, "I think Satoshi's rate of successful sneaking is underwhelming for his skill level, vis
-a-vis- the success rate of other grandmastered skills like lockpick, crafts, or fighting."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kitty thinks we probably shouldn't be talking about actual IG suspicions at the OOC meeting...
jesting is better.

Temi states, "Yep, probably time to revisit Niamh's stealth spec."

Delana claims, "On hide/sneak/covert skills, I've pretty much decided to avoid character concepts
that require them until they are revised"

Kinaed states to Kitty, "I certainly was jesting earlier. Having said that, yes - even OOC
speculation should be kept to a minimum, and certainly should not even creep into IC stuff."

Kinaed comforts Delana.

Kitty says to Kinaed, "Not... talking about you. >.<"

Satoshi says, "Yeah I wouldn't mind failing so much at even adept, but I am grandmastered"

Satoshi says, "As far as eavesdrop--as far as I can tell it just considers you the furthest distance
away from the joinspot regardless of actual space via map"

Galax exclaims, "As someone who doesn't use the skills often, I do wish people could sneak up on me
more. It's an exciting prospect!"

Satoshi says, "Garbles 100 percent of the time and also affects the notice rate--people noticed me
equally as much at max distance and on top of them"

Kitty says, "I gave up trying the eavesdrop thing when it kept failing. So, it's been some time
since I've tried."

Conrad questions, "Is there an OOC way to test that sort of thing out without IC consequences?"

Kinaed has lost link.
Kinaed has reconnected.

Satoshi claims, "I could probably set it up oocly but I've just been testing ICly with consequences"

Satoshi says, "Why it takes so long"

Kinaed asks, "No idea what I saw last. Are we good to continue to player topics?"

Satoshi nods. "Yeah, thanks for the consideration! :)"

Temi says, "There's certainly non-illegal ways to do it IC, but you would still be doing it."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed muses to Kuzco, "So, you had a topic for us! Want to introduce us to it? :)"

Kuzco states, "Yes."

Kuzco explains: "Like I told staff briefly last week, I would like for noble projects' effects to
last longer. They require quite a bit of IC legwork to pull through, and are supposed to help the 
city in a meaningful way. I have noticed that in general project effects evaporate too quickly, 
making them frustrating to make again and irrelevant in even the short term."

"Here's an example of amny. This week I finished a 100 IP project, bringing Race Relations to
Legendary. I had timed it to be finished at the same time as Theodora's circus, and the IC event 
reflected it. But two days later, Race Relations had reverted back to Good -- which is three pegs 
down the ladder, from Legendary to Superb, to Excellent, to Good. What happened in the middle? There 
was no IP rollover. Is the Tuesday 'project rollover' still a thing? Can we work with that, maybe? 
It made me feel a little blue."

Kuzco states, "*many"

Violet has lost link.

Violet has reconnected.

Violet says, "Oh bother"

Kinaed says, "That honestly sounds a bit buggy."

Kinaed claims, "I think we said projects would last for 30 OOC days."

Kuzco states, "It's a bit of why there are so few. Noble players get frustrated."

Kinaed claims, "The drop from legendary to base is not a bug though - it just reverts at the end,
doesn't step down."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed claims, "Yes, pretty sure that's a bug. I'll follow up."

Kuzco says, "Thanks a bunch."

Pookstall states, "Also, projects mean that people that completely ignore that metric until it's
dumped again"

Kuzco claims, "Yeah they do"

Kuzco says, "There's no effect for higher than average Relations"

Pookstall claims, "Because 'it's handled'.  They don't take that opportunity to improve it while
things are boosted"

Kinaed queries, "Hmm. Are we saying projects just aren't worthwhile or ruin the system?"

Kuzco claims, "As opposed to Health or Economics"

Satoshi claims, "It sounds like people think projects are not worthwhile"

Sparkles states, "There's rare shop loads with high Race Relations in some shops."

Temi says, "There are a number of import things that are keyed on relations"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi says, "Also race relations totally does, it's import"

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "I say that they last so little, compared to the effort to make them (and
that the gain for the noble player is rather low) that they are a bit frustrating."

Kuzco says, "Right, I forgot about shop stocks, sorry."

Delana queries, "Perhaps some of the effect could be added to the based, rather than just a
modifier?"

Pookstall claims, "Not that they aren't worthwhile, but they probably could use a boost, and maybe
some adjustment in how people view the results, yeah"

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "That's why I'm asking directly, to make sure that what I'm hearing
periperhally is the message trying to be conveyed."

Delana says, "Base*"

Satoshi waves at all the rare flowers he wants.

Kuzco claims, "This is why Kirill paid people to make projects, something that I do too."

Kinaed nods thoughtfully.

Satoshi states, "Yeah projects are also great RP for nobles--so having them feel not worthwhile cuts
out a lot of noble RP, could be why noble interest tepers off"

Sparkles claims, "I like the idea of projects, it's a good reason for IC action and encourages RP
from what I can tell among GLs and nobles but the coded effects don't feel like they match the 
amount of IC/OOC time and effort I think is more the idea."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kuzco says, "And yeah I've never ever gotten much enthusiasm for making projects"

Kinaed says, "It seems like the 30 day set up isn't working, which feels like a key issue."

Kuzco states, "More of a pat in the back, even when I did the royal army one"

Kinaed comforts Kuzco.

Kinaed claims, "So if nothing else, we need to fix that bug."

Kitty states, "Not only that, for them to last only a few days, but not have the noble able to do
another one for 30, means that it's a lot of work for a little return, and you can't do it again for 
a long time."

Kinaed queries, "However, let's say it's fixed - would that solve what percent of the problem, do
you think?"

Kuzco declaims, "It would go a long way!"

Azarial claims, "You should be able to run a project on a different metric"

Pookstall claims, "Or if it at least dropped more slowly"

Kinaed says, "Yeah, I remember staff deciding back in Kirill's time to extend project effects for 30
OOC days. I don't know if that change just never happened or if it 'did happen' and just doesn't 
work."

Pookstall claims, "Three rungs over the first few days seems deflating.  half a step over a week
would be rather different"

Conrad states, "I dont know very much about this topic but id be a little disappointed if i finish
the current economics project im organizing and then a few days later it dumps back down to where it 
was"

Kuzco nods at Conrad.

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "Checking that would go a long way. A reason I had rather low metrics during
my tenure was partly NO nobles other than Marisa and Annsleigh, and that projects lasted little."

Pookstall claims, "Maybe also showing players on city report what is artificially boosted, rather
than just high"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Satoshi says, "That's sort of done by the metric IC event posts, you just need to pay attention"

Kuzco states, "Clarifying city report would help, since the results contradict the log beneath it."

Violet claims, "Ah! I second what Pookstall says. That would be great - to see what is boosted by
project in city report."

Pookstall says to Satoshi, "But hard to see if it's still in effect"

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Satoshi claims, "Oh that's totally true, fair"

Kinaed states, "Okay, Iv'e taken these notes and will put it into the staff prioritization grinder."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you for the feedback."

Kuzco declaims, "Thanks to you for your volunteer work!"

Pookstall claims, "Like we saw it go to legendary after Norrig's project.  Now that it's good... is
that still boosted?  Or back to normal."

Galax finishes abruptly, "Having all the ongoing 'effects' of projects consolidated in city report
would be nice, since you can kind-of sort-of collate them by looking at IC_events - but it's 
tedious"

Kinaed states, "It looks like Infrastructure and Race relations are both enjoying a boost at the
moment."

Kinaed says, "Everything else is raw."

Pookstall nods.

Kinaed nods at galax.

Delana queries, "Has anyone done an inverted project yet?"

Temi states, "I've thought about doing it from a staff side"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, I've written these things down:

Nobles aren't getting projects to last the 30 OOC days
Nobles can't do more than one project per month, so it feels limiting
also showing players on city report what is artificially boosted, rather than just high
Having all the ongoing 'effects' of projects consolidated in city report would be nice, since you
can kind-of sort-of collate them by looking at IC_events - but it's tedious"

Satoshi states, "Sounds like a good summary of the discussion, yeah"

Kinaed says, "Those will go into our Staff Talking Points to be processed into outcomes. Thank you
sincerely for your patience while we work through things."

Temi claims, "As a thing people need to overcome to stop."

Temi claims, "But I don't think any players have, no."

Delana nods.

Satoshi claims, "That could be fun if more people used the city support/subvert features"

Satoshi claims, "As a struggling freeman I know it's UBER HARD to get enough IP if your GL isn't
feeding you IP for it"

Galax claims, "I don't think players feel very motivated to try and invert metrics, because doing so
just makes life more difficult for them"

Kinaed states, "It's interesting that no one has since people certainly get money off inverted
metrics."

Wight is idle.

Conrad states, "No one wants to be the bad guy"

Galax states, "Even if you are someone who say, gets more asset income from low race relations, you
the player still have to pay for the inconvenience of not going to a foreign district if you're 
'winning' at that"

Pookstall says, "It probably costs more money to pull off the inverted project than you'd get out of
it"

Kuzco claims, "I have been strategic around inverted metrics"

Satoshi states, "Most people actually view inverted assets as worth less, from ooc conversation"

Satoshi says, "I certainly have the starter inverted economics one and I hate it"

Kuzco states, "You can make a -fortune- if you play your cards right"

Conrad says, "Sadly i am asset limited. curses."

Wight is no longer idle.
Wight has returned from AFK.

Kuzco claims, "Marry a vavardi"

Satoshi states, "You can buy new assets they're just impossibly expensive"

Kitty states, "Inverted can come in handy. Inverted economics, though? Yeah, that's a rough one."

Delana claims, "Certiain inverted assets give pretty good returns"

Conrad claims, "My class is freeman and i dont get extra slots just because im GL so im limited to 2
assets with 3 total levels"

Conrad claims, "So assets dont really do much for me"

Darkness states, "I've got an inverted health asset. Will take me some time to fix that."

Galax claims, "In general, I avoid inverted assets, because I don't feel what I lose from low city
metrics is worth the money"

Satoshi trails off, "I have sort of given up on buying a new asset because the pittance I make an
ooc week I need to spend for... doing my IC job so"

Conrad questions, "The big question is: do inverted assets actually give more money at low metrics
than regular assets give at high metrics? because if they do, then thats an incentive for people to 
use them"

Galax nods at Conrad.

Delana says, "It's the same, just inverted"

Temi claims, "They don't, but that's an interesting idea."

Kuzco states, "Satoshi marry a vavardi"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi says, "Can't, marrying a charali, she'd kill the vavardi"

Temi states, "Since it would be encouraging conflict."

Conrad says, "My character avoid relationships for an IC reason so no gentrification through
marriage for me"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Wimpled claims, "Charali are better than Vavardi, anyway."

Kuzco says to Temi, "Agreed"

Satoshi says, "Yeah I'd be cool with buffing inverted assets"

Kitty says, "I am on the Charali train."

Kinaed coughs.

Delana says, "Choo choo"

Satoshi claims, "It might make the guilds that work off of low metrics feel more motivated to"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I've got notes about inverted assets being potentially worth more silver too
now."

Galax says, "Don't get married, be single forever"

Kuzco states, "Low iMetrics giving more money would be like how crime gives higher returns than
honest work sometime"

Temi states, "All guilds have a positive and negative metric"

Kinaed queries to Kuzco, "That's nothing like reality, right? :P"

Satoshi says, "Thieves more likely to take crime related assets and be more invested, etc"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Conrad says, "The fact that im incentivized to disregard dirty peasants as a GL while simulatenously
being a dirty peasant is hilarious"

Kinaed queries, "So, we have 20-odd minutes. Anything else anyone wants to discuss?"

Satoshi trails off, "And if the metrics move a decent bit might make the assets feel less... meta"

Violet claims, "Maybe this isn't feasible, so feel free to shut it down, but I feel like there
should be a way to negatively influence metrics without IP for freeman. It would need to be 
carefully regulated, but... I mean couldn't some unsavory sort dump poison in a few wells without 
being super influential and negatively influence city health? There needs to be some sort of chaos 
counterbalance to power."

Venamelia claims, "Yeah, beating up law currently. Might beat down race relations eventually,
because it benefits the Reeves and who wants to step into one of those other quarters, eww. "

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "Hmmm"

Kinaed states to Violet, "Fair point. Noting it."

Temi nods.

Delana asks, "Hmm. Does it need to be IP-less? How about more ways for freeman to accumulate IP
instead?"

Temi says, "It's an interesting idea, but might take some balancing."

Kinaed nods at Delana.

Kinaed claims to Delana, "Also a good point."

Temi claims, "I doubt they'd be happier with taking money instead of IP."

Temi grins.

Satoshi says, "It might be more beneficial to be able to reliably get to that 5 IP without relying
on a GL"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Wimpled claims, "I haven't had issues as a Freeman.  There are ways to either get money or IP."

Kitty claims, "There are ways for anyone to get IP."

Temi claims, "And we'd want it to cost something"

Temi wonders, "Maybe mvs?"

Temi ponders.

Satoshi states, "As a guilded freeman that isn't stupid rich from just being around all the time, I
struggle to get enough IP just from the rumor system"

Galax says, "You get 3 IP from rumors, but where the other two come from... would be a mystery to
me. Freemen are poor so it's not like they can easily convert gold to ip"

Satoshi states, "And most people are just supporting their GLs"

Satoshi claims, "Yeah I regularly need the extra 2 unless I start a rumor and other people promote
it like nuts"

Kinaed says, "I think everyone gets 1 IP just for existing, then 1 IP for being in a guild, etc"

Kitty claims, "They don't."

Wimpled states, "You can get the extra two from any player that also uses rumor."

Darkness says, "Freemen don't get the base 1IP for existing."

Conrad says, "Thats usually a pretty good idea though since typically the GL prioritizes doing stuff
with it that benefits their guild"

Venamelia says, "Right, the rumor thing confuses me. I tend to cap out at 2 IP for promoting a rumor
and then usually need to make one to get the third. And it never happens at the end of the week as 
described on the helpfile, but immediate for the current "cycle", not per week."

Satoshi says, "You don't get an IP for being in a guild"

Temi states, "One support slot for existing, not IP."

Kitty states, "I brought up the 1 IP for being in a guild a long time ago, and I was told it wasn't
that way, and the helpfile changed."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Ooooh"

Temi states, "And same with being in a guild, I believe"

Galax always consistently forgets that Support gives IP.

Kinaed claims, "I confused support slots for IP for a moment there. Sorry folks-  in my defense,
I've been awake since 6am on a Sunday working."

Satoshi says, "Helpfile might be updated but--you get up to 3 IP from rumor system promotes"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi says, "More if you make a rumor and someone promotes it, not sure what the cap is"

Kinaed says, "I believe you can also flat buy IP for silver, or get some because your supporters
prop you up."

Satoshi claims, "You MIGHT just get an IP if you make a rumor, but not if you've already promoted "

Kuzco says, "Yeah with improve ip"

Satoshi states, "And yeah but this is freemen. I make ROUGHLY 100 silver an ooc week, I'd be net
lossing if I bought the 2 extra ip"

Darkness says, "You can get the IP for making a rumor even if you've already promoted. Has been the
case here at least."

Wimpled claims, "You get two IP for promotes and one IP for starting a rumor, capped at three."

Conrad states, "Yeah but buying IP for silver is both nearly impossible for freeman AND not really
an option for every character since it involves icly supporting the order"

Violet states, "At 200 silver each, which is a pretty high cost for most freemen"

Temi claims, "But yeah, silver for IP doesn't help if the idea is how to make more money."

Temi grins.

Kuzco says, "I think that's a design perk, Violet"

Delana nods.

Wimpled says, "Get more IC jobs or get your GLs to pay more."

Wimpled says, "Unionize Lithmore."

Conrad says, "Pl sno"

Venamelia muses, "Yeah, I am aware, I tend to generally promote here and there, but it always caps
me at four, need to get the fifth by creating a rumor. Perhaps it differs between classes?"

Kinaed states, "Freemen are supposed to struggle with things like social power, so I'm not certain
I'm grasping the issue."

Satoshi trails off, "Which is why, at least explained to me, GLs are a way to get access to the IP
they get from your support... but that means you're reliant on them"

Venamelia claims, "Four with 1 support IP and one for gentry."

Temi nods.

Violet says, "Definitely, Kuzco. Idk if it makes sense for freeman to have social power, that's why
I was suggesting a non IP route to influencing metrics, particularly for unsavory sorts."

Temi says, "IP is supposed to require coordination with other people, not just happen."

Satoshi claims, "People aren't engaging as much with the metric system is the issue I originally
brought up"

Kuzco nods.

Satoshi states, "And the 'its hard for freeman' is the discussion that came from it"

Kinaed nods at Violet.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed claims, "I think people often approach topics from their perspective, which is good. It
teases out the many issues and views of our systems."

Kinaed states, "Some of which are unintentional, and some of which are by design - for example, that
getting IP doesn't 'just happen', it's something that comes about by effort."

Satoshi claims, "Well perhaps bringing it up and reminding people support is a viable option for
that"

Kinaed states, "I've taken quite a few notes that staff will follow up on. With only ten minutes
left, I do want to discuss the House Bids."

Satoshi states, "That will help"

Kinaed says, "Or Seneschal Bids."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Galax says, "I hope we have an exciting, contested race."

Kuzco states, "I hope I covered my tracks well enough."

Satoshi says, "Yeah I'd love to see who steps up"

Kinaed claims, "We're about to go into a new period for Seneschal. Does anyone have any questions
about how it works or concerns? I've noticed there's often a few rumors about these things that 
aren't necessarily true."

Conrad states, "I dont really know how it works beyond "put your name up and get support icly""

Kinaed states, "I think those rumors have been addressed."

Delana claims, "No nominees yet. I'd be curious what happens if there are none at the end"

Kuzco claims, "Seneschals are NOT automatically sterilised, trust me"

Satoshi wonders, "IC rumors? Because IC rumors can be false"

Kinaed claims to Conrad, "Well, that is part of how it works. People can also use IP to influence
the battle for or against their preferred winner with 'bid influence'"

Kuzco says to Conrad, "It's more complicated, you have to make special events which cost IP"

Kinaed says, "This creates an IC event that affects the scores."

Kuzco says, "You and others"

Satoshi trails off, "I'd suggest reading help bid but yeah you can affect how much it changes the...
leaderboard by the amount of IP you put into the event"

Kuzco claims, "I participated in 3 races. At the first I withdrew, at the second I lost, at the
third I won unopposed."

Galax says, "It would be great to see a guide to what running for or even being Seneschal is like
from one of the experienced ones, especially in relation to 'normal' GL roles"

Kinaed claims, "It's also worth noting that if you're in a guild when you run, we will return you to
that guild when you finish the role as Seneschal *if you want*"

Kuzco muses, "Even if I am a sexy noble now?"

Conrad questions, "But do those guilds lose a GL in the meantime or does the seneschal do both jobs
at once?"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kitty says, "Schmexy."

Satoshi states, "Given how scarce 'GL duty' guides IC are I think since the seneschal is a flexible
position that might be a hard guide to make"

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "If you want to re-enter your previous guild, place a Request Board."

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco says, "Thank you."

Satoshi declares, "You don't lose the op man, ur a bard for life whether you want it or not!"

Temi states, "You wouldn't not be in the guild for the duration of the service as seneschal"

Galax states, "Sexy noble is redundant, money and land are VERY attractive character traits"

Kuzco places a note about being previously in the Rubeus so...

Temi states, "Ahem, would not."

Delana claims, "Would not wouldn't not be"

Darkness states, "Too many nots in a line."

Kitty is innocent.

Temi claims, "And there's certainly been a lot of variety in how people handle the role, and more
ways they still could."

Satoshi claims, "You are not a part of your guild while being the seneschal, and someone takes your
place when you lave"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Conrad says, "Well thats kind of the limiting factor then. i was considering taking part in the bid
system but not if the guild loses me as GL since theres literally no one else who has the time to do 
it."

Satoshi says, "So you can't just come back as the GL unless the standin steps down"

Kinaed states, "I think the role has changed as their powers have come to include things like
exiling players and removing other GLs from their roles."

Temi nods at Satoshi.

Wimpled claims, "Guilds can figure things out until someone steps in to be GL."

Kinaed states, "I think it feels more powerful and political than it did before, but I am guessing."

Wimpled states, "See: Physicians."

Kuzco pontificates, "Also demoting social classes!"

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Wimpled says, "Don't let it it be a limiting factor."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Satoshi states, "Yeah Sometimes if its IC you need to not let the systems hold you back"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Sparkles is idle.

Conrad says, "Wimpled ICly my character wouldnt leave the guild without making sure theres a
competent replacement, is all. i just dont think its something my character would do."

Kinaed claims, "The game is about RP. Staff tend to look at it from a system standpoint because we
build systems, but really, we should remember to look at it primarily from a story standpoint."

Conrad claims, "Also im bad at sayto"

Sparkles is no longer idle.
Sparkles has returned from AFK.

Wimpled says, "ICly, there would be a competent replacement.  The reason there isn't is because of
OOC limiting time factors."

Wimpled states, "It may be it's a staff competent replacement or it may be staff gives a few people
GL powers and they work it out until someone signs up the app."

Satoshi trails off, "Yeah ICly SOMEONE is keeping the guild running when there isn't a GM, it would
just be... a senior merchant just keeping the cogs turning, rather than setting up events etc"

Kinaed states, "Alright, we're near the top of the hour. :)"

Kinaed questions, "Anyone have any shameless plugs or advertisements? Public Service Announcements?"

Delana says, "In the case of the Order, a NPC has run it from time to time when there's no GI"

Kitty claims, "Wedding next Saturday around noonish - everyone will be invited."

Conrad states, "Come to the yule market. feed me influence. support my project. /selfplug over"

Kinaed cheers for weddings.

Satoshi states, "I'm planning on sending a messenger to all after this--non-council members can have
free booze and we'll be gambling"

Kinaed exclaims to Conrad, "Awesome!"

Kinaed grins at Satoshi.

Wimpled muses, "Can council members come after they council?"

Wimpled questions, "Or no booze for council members?"

Satoshi claims, "They are both welcome and encouraged to"

guildlist council
The following are publicly members of the Council:
   Marisa dul Damassande, Baroness of Lyndale, Titled Member
   Miriya de Amajad, Marquessa of Persela, Titled Member
   Nadir de Fareen, Member
   Norrig op Arcenant, Baron of Asglen, Seneschal (GL)
   Sibylle dul Fontaine, Chancellor of the Exchequer (GL)

Wimpled states, "Someone make Satoshi Seneschal. "

Delana pontificates, "Maybe the council will finish promptly for once then!"

Conrad says, "Dont succumb to his beer bribery"

Kinaed says, "Alright - thanks for attending this week. Please consider writing a review for us on
Reddit or TMC to help bring more players to play with you! I hope to see you all about the same time 
next week."

Wimpled states, "I suppose I should have gotten clarification on type of booze."

Kitty claims, "Depends where we gather."

Sparkles says, "Like there won't be free drinks at the Council meeting. So GLs can pre-game at the
meeting then head over there."

Kinaed trails off, "Last 60 seconds..."

Kitty claims, "You could always bring your own! I know a certain character that would appreciate
that, Wimpled."

Delana states, "Oh"

Conrad states, "Tick tock"

Satoshi exclaims, "Thanks to staff for all their work!"

Violet says, "Last minute plug for day-to-day guild RP! Take your kid to a physician because they
broke their arm, ask the Troubadours for a music instructor, commission objects from merchants, take 
confession, petition council members to suit your character's IC needs, etc."

Kinaed smiles at Satoshi.

Wimpled says, "I always carry booze."

Kinaed pontificates to Satoshi, "Thanks!"

Conrad states, "Buy my armor"

Galax waves.

Delana states, "Speaking of reddit, I saw mention on /r/mud that .com prices will be going up"

Conrad says, "You cheapskates"

Kinaed cheers for Violet. 

Kitty claims, "EXACTLY, Wimpled."

Kinaed asks, "Prices for what?"

Delana states, "Might want to buy a couple of years to lock in currnt prices"

Delana claims, ".com domain registrations"

Galax claims, "Dot com web domains"

Satoshi claims, "I always have at least 5 bottles of booze with me, some are even un-drugged"

Kinaed states, "Good to know. I think we're good for several years atm though. I bought ahead."

Kitty states, "Not that he knows which ones."

Satoshi declaims, "Nope!"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, it's the top of the hour!"

Kuzco states, "Remember to add RUMORS"

Kinaed waves cheerfully and prepares to hit the button.

• Information