Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-06-08

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kuzco declares, "Yeah!"

Kuzco has lost link.
Kuzco has reconnected.

Kinaed claims, "A quick reminder that, if you register a topic, please write it up before called upon so that we can keep the meeting moving."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Satoshi claims, "I have a small thing, but I've gotten mixed opinions on whether it should be addressed oocly or icly"

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Got you."

Kuzco claims, "Aaaalways, ma'am"

Kinaed states to Satoshi, "Got you :)"

Satoshi smiles and nods.

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Just go ahead and raise it, and we'll get an idea from there. Better than not raising something of interest."

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's kick off Staff Updates."

SomeoneLoveable declares, "Woo!"

Kinaed says, "Last week, I processed a few Requests in the Request queue, handled some board messages, finally sorted something out about Order GLs, and that's it. This coming week, I still have Jail Automation, but I think that's it. I did find the Jail Automation notes from the Reeves that I need to action."

Kinaed says, "I probably won't resolve this until two weeks from now, but plan to do it by then finally."

Kinaed states, "That's it for me. Az, you're up :)"

Azarial says, "I've been working down myh bug list and some old mail; partially clearing out ideas and bugs that are no longer an issue or had been fixed by accident with another bug, or simply overlooked when fixing related bugs.  Plus a few crashes."

Camila questions, "I have a small suggestion to make on player topics, if thats okay?"

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Camila, "Sure - but I'm adding you to the list, so please type up your small suggestion to raise when called upon :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, some changes Az put in worth mentioning"

Kinaed states, "Towels were fixed, notify now checks the player's remembered list so you can send notifications to people you don't know the code name for, storytells should have access to tells when running a story."

Kinaed says, "Osay XP when in the room with a cyan or staff member should be gone."

Kuzco pontificates, "Excellent!"

Kuzco declaims, "Great work Az!"

Raspberries claims, "Ooo"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, that's what I can see for Az - Temi, you're up :)"

Temi says, "Mostly just keeping up with plots and such.  No big things to report, I think."

Temi ponders.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Oof plots make my brain hurt."

Kinaed comforts SomeoneLoveable.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi memes, "Love plots. Love to do some someday."

SomeoneLoveable says, "I see them and i'm like ooooh sweet but ooh ma gaud so much information."

Kinaed states, "Thanks Az and Temi :) Appreciate those things even though they seem mundane. There's still a decent chunk of work there."

Temi grins at SomeoneLoveable.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I think that's everything for Staff Updates? :)"

SomeoneLoveable claps for staff.

Kinaed questions, "Next - Player Heartbeat! How was the game for everyone this week? RP worthwhile?"

Kuzco states, "Yeah, been doing lots of stuff, sneaky and political and plots and scenes"

Kinaed asks of Kuzco, "Fun stuff, I hope?"

Kuzco claims, "I love being the Tene--- Laudate, Laudate"

Raspberries claims, "Very little time to play this week unfortunately- barely got my hour in to stay active. :("

SomeoneLoveable states, "Oh my gosh. yes. I have to say the scenes I have been getting have ranged from really romantic and tender to oh my god  haalp."

Kinaed comforts Raspberries.

Camila says, "RP has been slow here but still pretty good. I'm hoping things will pick up and my character will get dragged into things."

Kuzco exclaims to Kinaed, "Yeah! Pretty much always"

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "Real life just does that to us, sometimes. :)"

Sparkles claims, "I've had a variety of RP this week of all kinds of different kinds."

Camila says, "I wish I could get some romance RP. :P"

Nysteesia grins at SomeoneLoveable

Kinaed nods at Camila.

Whatever exclaims, "This week got cut short for me with some acceleration on some RL project work. Appreciate all the mages keeping me in work in game! Big shouts out to my Priest and Acolyte, and staff for hooking me up with plots. My only regret is not having more time to play!"

Kinaed exclaims to Camila, "How long have you been on TI? Welcome, by the way!"

Temi says to Camila, "Often you'll need to start things yourself before people take you along for the ride on theirs"

Satoshi says, "My RP is not as sneeky as Kuzco, but it's been a lot of fun, getting to talk with a variety of people, amazed my character hasn't been killed yet following random strangers to random places.""

Kuzco says, "That can be fixed -real- quick, Satoshi ;)"

Nysteesia states, "Camilla sometimes its more of a pain :P"

SomeoneLoveable states, "I have gotten some very heart racing moments, and usually I don't get drawn in, but some players have really made my TI experience amazing this go around."

Camila states, "Oh! I've been around a few months now I think. I've already lost one character to the pyre."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Camila.

Satoshi follows Kuzco like a golden retriever to his certain doom.

Sparkles kicks Kuzco in the shin.

Wimpled has lost link.
Wimpled has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "Getting a new character established can take a bit of effort, yeah. But! Everyone here knows you're interested, so hopefully that will earn a bit of RP. :)"

Nysteesia giggles

Kinaed has transferred Brando.  [OOC]

Nysteesia begins to move north.

Temi gives a chubby wax candle decorated with glowing-eyed mask shapes to Brando.

Nysteesia slows to a halt.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "There really is RP of all different varieties for everyone here, so just pick what you like and go I'm telling all my friends now. which I've brought 3 now."

Ezio declaims, "Have been enjoying the pressure climbing the prestige system. Lots of heart racing scenes lately! Am looking forward to more additions to the Prestige system! :)"

Camila asks, "I wonder if my character should seek an IC matchmaker. That could lead to fun RP maybe?"

Temi pontificates to SomeoneLoveable, "Excellent news!"

Temi nods in agreement with Camila.

Kinaed states to Ezio, "Thanks for the reminder to check out the forums. "

Kuzco says, "Great, Someone"

Kinaed nods at Camila.

Sparkles says, "I'm sure there's good and bad options of folks for dating advice."

Camila cheers for SomeoneLoveable.

Nysteesia wonders, "Is there such a thing as a IC matchmaker?"

Satoshi grins like a cat. "I found out two of my friends snuck onto the game and didn't tell me until after I scened wtih them."

Ezio nods to Kinaed, "I'm working on a post regarding prestige! Still brainstorming."

Kinaed states to Camila, "That seems like a good idea. I'd start with asking around if anyone knows a matchmaker or is interested in being paid to do the work :)"

Camila questions, "I think they are called bards?"

Kinaed laughs.

Kinaed nods at Ezio.

Temi claims, "There's been various people that have done things like that at times, of varying flavors."

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco says, "Norrig is -totally- doing matchmaking lately."

Whatever declaims, "The only IC matchmaker is your local priest! No fornicating, people ;)"

SomeoneLoveable says, "My goodness that is hilarious I now have an idea for my character on that score. "

Nysteesia states, "LOL"

Kinaed questions to Kuzco, "So, what have you got in the wings for a unicorn?"

Satoshi interjects, "Fornicating is OK, as long as it's love and you plan to get married. tuborilife." 

Kinaed wiggles her eyebrows.

Kirill puts a chubby wax candle decorated with glowing-eyed mask shapes in an elegant suede satchel bearing several pockets and clasps.

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "A Kuzco"

Camila says, "No fornicating until after the wedding."

Whatever says, "Satoshi, welcome to The List."

Nysteesia asks, "Whats the fun in that? :P"

Sparkles cries.

Kinaed looks suspiciously at Kuzco, "Aren't you a llama?"

Camila says, "I have to fit in my super expensive pretty dress +5"

Satoshi takes this opportunity to wife Sparkles while Kuzco isn't looking.

SomeoneLoveable laughs at Camila.

Kuzco hugs Sparkles one armedly and tells Kinaed, "My attorney has told me I don't have to answer that question."

Kinaed chuckles.

Camila pouts at SomeoneLoveable.

Whatever has lost link.
Whatever has reconnected.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, if that's everything for Player Heartbeat, let's kick off Player Topics, shall we?"

Camila states, "Do not mock my shopping habits."

Kinaed wonders, "The first one I have is an anonymous one: Is there any consideration that above a certain level meditate beacons could show the avatar/element of the mage in question? "

Temi states, "I thought it did show element."

Temi ponders.

Kinaed says, "This is apparently in the same vein as allowing people to determine if they want to RP with someone like notify. I'm not sure I like it."

Kinaed says, "But I'm also not hugely invested one way or another."

Kirill says, "Does show element, but I'm not sure the mage in question would always want it showing their avatar."

Temi nods at Kirill.

SomeoneLoveable says, "It would be nice to get some ways for mages to try and drum up some rp a touch easier. But at the same time it kind of does get rid of the whole be secret bit too."

Kinaed states, "Well, if it does show element, and avatar is a bit personal, I think we'll leave it. Besides it doesn't really jive much with the theme of the command to know what the avatar is - though the element seems okay to sense from a distance."

Kinaed nods at SomeoneLoveable.

Camila wonders, "I think showing the element is plenty information myself. I mean it just doesn't seem realistic that a mage could tell the shape of the avatar from a distance?"

Kinaed states, "I think we're pretty happy with the current level of 'mage interactivity' with the beacon command in the astral."

Kinaed nods at Camila.

SomeoneLoveable states, "Yeah, I don't think you really need to change it unless they're of like legendary. then it'd be niceto know hey really important person is blasting the astral."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, next person..."

Kirill asks, "Travel works in astral, right? If you're not sure you want to bump into the person doing the beacon, you could travel close and path - to stop a room ahead, look in their direction?"

Whatever says, "Have a bit of specialness would be cool for Champs of various skills."

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "That'd be you. Please introduce your topic. :)"

Kuzco says, "Real brief, me and others would like to raise the character limit of rumor promotes. Given that we have to sort of repeat what the rumor is about, that leaves much less wiggle room to twist the truth than desired."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kinaed claims to Kuzco, "Sure, we can look at that."

Temi says, "I do think it would be reasonable."

Kirill says, "Oof, yeah."

Temi nods.

Kuzco states, "Thank you, that's all."

Temi claims, "They're not really promotes anymore, just versions."

Kinaed trails off, "Cool. Next person..."

Kuzco states, "The command is still promote =)"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Please introduce us to your topic :)"

Temi nods at Kuzco.

Satoshi says, "Mostly a small thing, and I've gotten some mixed opinions on whether it should be addressed ICly or OOCly, but: public crafting rooms like the Queen's Inn kitchen and almshouse kitchens: there's a VARIETY of tools required for basic crafting and as a new player trying out stuff I was directed to three places: the Queen's Kitchen, the almshouse kitchens, or the Merchant's guild (where I have to pay)."

Satoshi states, "I was told the IC logic for these "public" places was that it was a sign of charity for lesser off people. BUT the tools keep being stolen. The Southside Almshouse doesn't have ANY kitchen tools at all, for instance, which I feel like should be the one with like, basic tools chained down, especially since to nab the tools, you have to uninstall them, and 2/3 places have an NPC -right there-, and I feel like the NPC shouldn't let people take "publically available" things."

Kirill queries, "Are we going to be doing any feedback on the new rumor system at all?"

Temi claims to Kirill, "For sure, we'll definitely be interested."

Kinaed asks of Kirill, "Sure, can we do that as your topic at the end?"

Satoshi claims, "So I want to ask about making these tools locked down in these places, so that people cna't just yoink them with an NPC and other presumed NPCs RIGHT THERE without repurcussions"

Kirill says, "The southside almshouse is PC managed."

Kuzco states, "Sato, you can use a plot to determine who stole the tools, but more often than not it's a newbie"

Elysaveta is idle.

Kuzco states, "Otherwise, spending QP to make the tools notake could be considered"

Kirill states, "And the Queen's Inn kitchen is... well, you get whatever's there and nailed down."

Temi claims, "Honestly, I have mixed feelings about fully stocked publicly available places."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Oh, I justremembered a topic I wanted to bring up."

Kuzco nods at Temi.

Kirill states, "The northside alms has limited tools. It's kind of BYOT."

Kuzco muses to Temi, "Maybe basic tools? Not a beehive oven for instance?"

Temi says, "You should have to buy supplies from crafters and help support them in a lot of cases."

Elysaveta is no longer idle.

Sparkles says, "I think encouraging people to be out in public rather than spamming behind locked doors is good for newbies to meet people."

Kinaed says, "The original tools are donations, not staff-implemented, I think. The ones that are staff implemented are locked down. I think if staff wanted these things to be consistently available in the places where people have been filling them in, we probably would have already."

Elysaveta has returned from AFK.

Wimpled states, "There are also other publicly available places, less used, that don't get their tools stolen."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "So I think this is a matter for player appeal."

Satoshi claims, "Like I said it got mixed messages, but for COOKING at least, basic stuff locked down, and as a new freeman buying a WHOLE SET is like, impossible right now."

Whatever claims, "Basics in the Queen's and Southside would make me happy"

Kirill claims, "Usually when people are crafting, they're not looking for RP. And people are not looking to RP with people crafting. Because it IS spammy."

Kuzco says, "I don't think you are supposed to get a whole set, particularly with a beehive oven or a vandagan hearth."

Sparkles wonders, "Can I bring up something related to this?"

Kuzco says, "Right from the start, as a freeman"

Kinaed says, "I'll make a note for the staff to discuss if we want an on-grid cooking area available to players, and if yes, we'll implement it."

Satoshi states, "Like, I don't even use it that much, but since I don't KNOW what tools are needed without spamming <show #> and writing stuff down, I don't even know where to begin"

Sparkles claims, "But we have a number of on-grid cooking areas. It's less we need more spots I think."

Elysaveta states, "You can also buy a pass to use Merchant guildhall crafting areas, and it's not too unreasonable cost wise."

Kinaed says, "I'm not sure what that will do to the balance of things, though, and as hard as it is to accept, the staff don't have a mandate or a feeling that new characters deserve to have access to all things just because they want access. Some benefits happen in game as a reward for effort to strive to get things, like cooking sets."

Satoshi claims, "No definitely less spots, just, like, it doesn't make sense that a place where it's known IC and OOC to be a spot for "poor people" to come cook can have public tools stolen with an NPC right there"

Kinaed claims, "So it's a Staff Discussion about whether we want to set that up, and I'm putting it in my notes for us to discuss at our next staff meeting."

Kirill claims, "The Merchants have a full set of tools and extra supplies. If you can afford the 25 silver fee for a pass, you're set for a while."

Sparkles says, "The difficulty is that at the same time we often lament the lack of crafters and Merchants."

Elysaveta nods.

Azarial states, "If it is the absnetminded 'get all', then 'install'ing items would help"

Temi states, "Having public stuff available for people without investment actually takes away from how successful merchants can be."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Sparkles wonders, "How?"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "I was going to say in a way it's themely, because when apprentices of the time period had to do work they had to pay for that, or their wages included the tools to work, so it doesn't bother me too much in order to have people pay to use the merchant areas, on the other hand I can see how it's frustrating to anewbie who's like aaaack, I just wanna make something for the first time."

Satoshi states, "The things in the kitchen were all installed when I checked, so someone definitely had to uninstall it to yoink it. As I said, mixed opinions."

Kirill states, "Yep. People can make off with stuff."

Kinaed says, "You can probably plot to find out who made off with stuff, if Staff have the ability to find out."

Kirill claims, "You can also petition nobles and authorities for coin to replace, look for a sponsor for a new set, etc."

Kinaed claims, "I would recommend ICly reporting thefts to the Reeves."

Kuzco nods.

Camila sighs and gets on the case.

Satoshi nodnods. "So this is more suggested to be dealt with ICly. Gotcha."

Kinaed comforts Camila.

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kinaed questions to Camila, "Your topic is up next! Won't you introduce us?"

SomeoneLoveable muses, "I think most crafting tools if not all can be made with crafts now, can't they?"

Kinaed states to SomeoneLoveable, "If not, please typo it."

Raspberries claims, "Most, yes"

Camila states, "Hey, at least all I have to do is the paperwork. I don't actually have to chase down the runaway cookware."

SomeoneLoveable states, "I'm not sure if the ovens can but that'd be nice."

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Camila.

Sparkles states, "There's a few topics on the forums about some things that currently aren't."

Temi claims, "Ovens are also not basic tools - they are high level stuff only."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

SomeoneLoveable states, "Ah! cool, that answers that."

Temi states, "And ingredients are different than tools."

Camila questions, "Okay here goes! I would like to make a suggestion that the help multiplayer file be updated a bit. It says that players can have multiples in a single guild, but when I tried this it did not work. I wasn't even able to seek. Anyway, I just think some clarifications or an update might be good for that file? I'm not saying the rules as they are should change, I just think the file should be updated with the current rules. Unless what I experienced was an error altogether?"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I think that may be out of date. I'll get it fixed up."

Camila states, "Okay. Thats all here."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Camila.

Kinaed states to Camila, "Thanks for the alert."

Kinaed wonders to Kirill, "Okay, you wanted to give feedback on the new rumor system or discuss it?"

Camila says, "No problem, thank you."

Kirill says, "If you find helpfiles like that, you can also typoboard or maybe request board and not have to wait until OOC meeting."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Raspberries nods at Kirill.

Kinaed declares, "Yep! And you get QP when we resolve typos"

Camila exclaims, "Nice! Shiny QP!"

Kinaed wonders, "So, how is the new Rumor System?"

SomeoneLoveable pontificates, "I like it!"

Raspberries states, "I haven't had time to play with it"

Nysteesia approves

Temi states, "Besides the rumor length limit - we said we'd update that."

Temi grins.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi says, "I see the point of it, but I SORTA liked the way the old one meandered about"

Kuzco says, "For some reason, I, the Bard-in-chief, feel rather shy about touching it"

Kirill states, "Yeah, I'm not really feeling the new rumor system. I think I get the premise with the telephone game, but I basically feel like I'm rereading the same stuff multiple times (maybe it's just the quality and content of rumors lately), but it feels like a waste of my time. And it also feels like a waste of my time to rewrite someone else's rumor when I would rather just add to the conversation."

Elysaveta states, "Definitely needs an update, or I need to be less long winded."

Kuzco states, "I used to enter a lot of promotes, now I almost don't touch anything"

Camila states, "I haven't used it yet."

Kirill says, "No offense to the staffers that put work into the new system."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Temi queries to Kuzco, "Do you know why you feel that way?"

Sparkles says, "I feel like the new system doesn't allow for commentary when you weren't personally involved."

SomeoneLoveable states, "I get that."

Satoshi claims, "The old one I felt like you could really get from point A to point B with rumors, now I feel like it's very hard to introduce new information without breaking the spirit of it."

Kuzco states, "I think I'd have to politely agree with Kirill. -- the quality of the versions seems very poor, but the character limit probably factors in."

Kinaed says to Kirill, "None taken. I think the telephone game is a great idea, but I can see how it'd easily look/feel like reading the same rumor over and over again."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

SomeoneLoveable trails off, "I feel like the old system just sort of trailed off into a lets all gripe about the topic and then it lost the point of the rumor though..."

Kirill says, "If only the LATEST version showed, that would be more like the telephone game. You don't get to see what came before."

Kinaed claims, "Let's increase the character limit as a starting point"

Sparkles claims, "I think some of my best RP about rumors came from the kind of biting one liners people would toss in there that would randomly post during a public scene."

Temi states to Kirill, "You do only get to see a few of them"

Kuzco states, "Yeah, the old system had a potential of being venomous, particularly during seneschal elections (since IP accruing becomes important)"

Kirill claims, "But seeing previous versions makes my head hurt."

Kuzco claims to Kirill, "Try being a bard."

Kuzco states, "We see more than anyone else xD"

Kirill chuckles.

Satoshi states, "I sorta LIKED that though, because it's like a conversation going back and forth in RESPONSE to the original rumor, rather than just repeating it"

Temi states, "I'd definitely like people to try it longer though, and see how it feels once it settles in some more"

Raspberries nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco muses to Kirill, "How many previous versions can  you see?"

Wimpled says, "I've had a few rumors shared where they didn't really explain what happened before, so for me, I had no idea what the rumor was talking about in what was shared, where to the bard that shared it, it made a lot more sense."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Maybe there could be an editional feature to comment on the retold rumor? but maybe that's just asking to be difficult."

Kirill says, "Understood. I figure all the time and effort went into giving it a different spin, we'll probably keep giving it a chance for a bit."

Wimpled says, "I could only see two vs. the five"

Kirill states, "But those are my initial impressions."

Temi says, "And if a lot of people feel that the multiple versions is worse than one version, we could try that out"

Kuzco says, "Yeah some rumor versions are posted like promotes"

Temi states, "I do think some people haven't adjusted to the new system yet"

Brando is idle.

Temi questions to Kinaed, "Shall we have them report those?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco says, "I didn't report them no"

Kuzco claims, "I didn't know if it was report-material"

Kirill wonders, "Reporting knocks the whole rumor out of the system still, right?"

Temi nods at Kirill.

Kinaed states, "I haven't experimented with the new system as a PC either, so I don't know what it feels like. I'll have to check it out"

Temi says, "Yeah, so per Kin just now, feel free to report the 'comment instead of version' issue, and we'll try to get them processed and back out soon"

Kirill claims, "I did notice a few promotes from folks who haven't maybe read the announcement yet."

Brando is no longer idle.
Brando has returned from AFK.

Kuzco says, "I feel less encouraged to use the new system, but it could be because it's new and I'm an old grumpy man"

Ezio is idle.

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Can you write a general board post to players letting them know that promotes work differently now, and comments on rumors as opposed to new versions will be removed?"

Raspberries asks, "Perhaps the promote command name should be renamed?"

Kirill claims, "I am right there with you, Kuz. Except for the man part."

Kinaed comforts Kuzco.

Satoshi claims, "It's probably different to a nonbard, now that I think about it, since you get less snippets, it does feel less colorful, all in all I think it's worth a try with a longer limit, and perhaps clarification on how MUCH the rumor can change? Cause I hang up on that."

Elysaveta claims, "It is a big adjustment, and kind of a hard one to get used to and participate in for me so far."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

SomeoneLoveable states, "I was going to say, I'm not really sure how much I can actually respin the rumor."

Temi says, "I can update that some"

Kinaed nods.

Satoshi says, "Because I've seen a few where people just ABSOLUTELY drop a piece of information, and it gets promoted so quickly that a non-bard loses that info"

Satoshi claims, "And others where it's just LITERALLY the same thing"

Kuzco says, "Yeah, true."

Kinaed claims, "I think a longer limit and maybe a bit of an announcement to address some of the concerns is a good starting point."

Kirill says, "If it's not a very exciting rumor, there may not be much to re-spin or much motivation to participate in this new system."

Temi says, "And feel free to respin pretty widely, I'd think"

Kinaed says, "If it doesn't work out - I'll chalk it up to one of those great ideas that works better in your head than on paper."

Kirill says, "I imagine it's more interesting for political rumors."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "If it's not very exciting, feel free to add something to make it interesting."

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Even if it's utterly untrue."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Satoshi wonders, "I think it's a good idea, possibly it could be a...subsystem?"

Kirill grins.

Temi states, "Gossipers get bored, after all."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco says, "Bards can see the whole chain so they can 'correct' a rumor if it spins into utter crap"

Kuzco states, "If they want to, of course"

SomeoneLoveable states, "There's been some funny ones and some not so funny ones. Plus I've done some where I was overhearing therumor being retold and then added some personal commentary or a bit of a twist like a drop of some parts of the rumor or additions to make it seem like it's changing, butI don't knokw, eh."

Kinaed states, "It started out a birth defect and ended up two wings and a devil's tail :)"

Satoshi says, "Bards only see a certain number, per the helpfile, it trails off eventually"

Satoshi states, "Five, I think, we see five. And normies see three."

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Temi states, "Yeah, 5 for bards."

SomeoneLoveable asks of Kinaed, "Did we have time for my little thing?"

Satoshi states, "So if it's getting a ton of promotes it might lose something because one person dropped it, whereas the old version, purchasing the rumor you could still see that."

Sparkles says, "I feel like one interesting way it could work is if "promotes" could be Circle based themselves so the different versions of the story are more Class/Race related."

Kinaed queries to SomeoneLoveable, "Sure do. Go ahead and introduce it now?"

Kirill states, "Anyway, that's all I had. Just some preliminary feelings about the changes."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Oh that'd be neat."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Temi claims to Sparkles, "That could be an interesting way for it to go"

Kinaed claims to Kirill, "Thanks for sharing them :)"

Raspberries claims, "I do like that idea."

Temi says, "Keep trying it and keep an eye on it, and we'll revisit"

Temi grins.

Raspberries states, "Wouldn't need to create a whole new rumor just to change the circle that way"

Kinaed notes the idea, then encourages everyone to listen to SomeoneLoveable as they raise their topic.

Sparkles pipes down.

Kuzco listens dutifully.

Kinaed hugs Sparkles. 

SomeoneLoveable states, "So I had written the staff a while ago about or maybe it wasn't that long ago, I can't remember because I have been so busy with rp. But i had made the suggestion possibly of for a third merchant GL? I was on discord the other day and the magnate currently is like frazzled because of RL, and I was like I know how that goes, and so... maybe that'd be nice? I'm not sure if I've even brought up the suggestion before. But I was just wondering."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Well, I had this week, but before that."

Sparkles states, "There actually are non-GL Merchant leadership positions. People could look into."

Kinaed says, "We're unlikely to add a third GL, but it would be good if the Merchant GLs recognize if they need help and delegate some power/authority to other members of the guild."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Temi claims, "The problem we've had with merchant GLs has been not having active people wanting to take the roles we've got now"

Temi states, "Not that there's not enough roles."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Can you do that for inductions and stuff? the other day he had like 5 of them in a row, heh."

Raspberries questions, "A non GL-poisition can be promoted to GL powers, yes?"

Sparkles says, "There's Trade Masters for different skills and there's a Secretary spot too, I think."

Kinaed claims, "Or if a GL isn't able to keep up with the role due to IRL or just finding it stressful instead of fun, it's okay for them to say so and step aside."

Kinaed states, "It reflects far better on them than trying to hold on and doing a poor job."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Ah, I didn't know you could give gl powers to people."

Kirill claims, "I dunno if promote leader works anymore."

Kinaed claims, "I'll make a note to check that."

Satoshi claims, "Yeah and/or now is the time for a worker's revolution, time to bust them out of office if they're not doing it right. The support/subvert system is there for a reason"

SomeoneLoveable says, "Maybe I could suggest thattoo them have a secretary position to help with inductions."

Azarial states, "They can promote someone to 2gl adn elt them run things"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "That too, definitely."

Temi claims, "But if the ones you've got now aren't doing stuff, we'd rather get people in who are doing it, than just adding more"

Kuzco states, "Promote leader or given them special passes or keys"

Kirill says, "Use IC means to get new butts in seats, probably."

Raspberries nods in agreement with Temi.

Kuzco nods at Temi.

Azarial claims, "I they;re not doing the job, gambit it"

Tator says, "I don't think that is solely limited to just one guild, having the problem of seekers finding someone to induct them."

Kinaed says, "That said, the Merchants Guild does have 2 GLs, so I might touch base with them and see if something is up."

SomeoneLoveable states, "Yeah, I just didn't wanna be like rude oocly because I was like omg I totally get the stress."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Satoshi trails off, "Yeah I sent a letter to both merchant GLs and it took like a week to get in, and only cause I ambush messenger'd the actual GL, and got very little IC or OOC info on how...to actually be a member"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Satoshi says, "I'm not sure if thats because I came off like I knew what I was doing, though."

SomeoneLoveable says, "Yeah, they're hard to get a hold of ic at best and non-existant at worse."

Kinaed says, "I think it sounds like something where you may want to be looking into a coup to change leadership ICly, which we use the gambit system for."

Raspberries says, "The Merchants guild actually has a handy how to join booklet"

Whatever states, "One thing I learned recently about inducting to the guild was that the GL can indict remotely, without the other person even being online."

Kinaed nods at Whatever.

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "That's true - I might write a general board post to alert GLs to that if it's not common knowledge"

Whatever claims, "It's very possibly I'm not the only one that didn't know that. l"

Satoshi claims, "I've never seen it, but I still don't know where my "guild dues" are supposed to go and I've HEARD that the guild supplies materials but got no info on it ICly and also it's expensive"

Satoshi claims, "For example."

Kirill claims, "I would ask all those questions IC of another member."

Kirill claims, "Doesn't even have to be a GL."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Yeah, it's just a lack of leadership sadly."

Sparkles queries, "Can I raise a thought about the "Seek" command prompting folks to have a background?"

Kinaed nods at Whatever.

Temi claims, "I think guild dues are generally a weekly pay to the merchants guild through the bank.  But that's an IC thing for them to ask about if they want it."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Whatever says, "Yes please Sparkles"

Kinaed states, "Yeah, maybe we should require it at seek instead of at guild."

Kinaed states, "Or both."

Raspberries nods.

Kirill states, "There are also other ways to get affordable materials if you're savvy and business minded that don't necessarily involve pestering Merchant GL for free stuff."

Sparkles states, "As that's often a hold up at the least for us Bards where I want to meet with someone but until they write that background, I can't code induct them even with the RP."

Raspberries muses, "Not background, but helpinfo yes?"

Sparkles nods.

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "It's a great idea, I'll ask Az to implement it"

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Sparkles pontificates, "Thanks!"

Satoshi states, "It's in the helpfile for it, Sparks"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Sayto Kirill the problem it is a perk of being in the merhcnats and paying in, it's part of the deal which is why its frustrating, though."

Kirill claims, "I thought seek already did prompt you to write up a background. Or maybe I'm thinking of some other part of the seeking / sponsoring system."

SomeoneLoveable says, "At least at the moment it is."

Kinaed finishes her note.

SomeoneLoveable nods sagely.

Kirill states, "So you're back to needing new butts in seats. :)"

SomeoneLoveable says, "Exactly. "

Kirill claims, "Gambit system ftw."

SomeoneLoveable says, "I just didn't want to boot a person ic for ooc mess, and such."

Kirill says, "The OOC shouldn't matter."

SomeoneLoveable says, "But at the same time I guess it has to be done. ugh."

Kinaed nods.

Kirill says, "As long as the IC reasons are there."

Azarial states, "If they are inactive oocly, that is reflected icly and considered a valid reason to boot someone"

Raspberries nods in agreement with Kirill.

Camila wishes her guildleader was around more. I think our timezones just don't match up well.

Kirill states, "The show must go on, and whatnot."

Kinaed states, "Okay, we have 12 minutes until the top of the hour."

Satoshi shooshes.

Sparkles raises their hand.

Kinaed queries to Sparkles, "Yes? :)"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "It shouldn't matter but it does to me because these people don't have to go through leadership hell and they volunteer their time with not a lot of benefit I see."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "So I like to be courtious to that."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Anyway."

Satoshi shooshes SomeoneLoveable with hand over mouth.

SomeoneLoveable flags a hand.

Sparkles says, "There was a discussion about cleaning up the guildlist noble list, can I please second this? There's folks on there that are liquidated or not available and I think were added for the Baronical plot. And it makes it hard to pick out names to send stuffs for RP."

Whatever says, "Thank you SL :)"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kinaed claims, "It's on our staff meeting agenda. We've had *several* nobles log in that were inactive and ask to come back."

Kinaed trails off, "And we allowed them while the noble apps were open..."

Sparkles muses, "I've noticed that. But then they seem to tend to disappear again. So how many times is that allowed?"

Kinaed claims, "That said, I don't know if we want to nix old nobles. I get the urge to, but I don't see it as necessarily improving our gameplay in any regard, it just meets the psychological drive to be orderly - but nobles are an interesting thing."

Kinaed says, "We want them to be consistent and have history, etc, which we can kind of see and keep growing when we have inactive nobles in the character list."

Kuzco says, "There are nobles that appear in the list who would be rulers at the same time as current PC nobles"

Kuzco states, "Like Micah and Joanne"

Temi claims, "Yeah, there are some that do need cleaned."

Kirill states, "I am fine with the current list. It does kind of show who was in a spot last, which can be helpful for continuity."

Kinaed states, "Temi, I'm happy for you to clean anyone well and truly depreciated."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kuzco says, "I think that could be put in the help domain of that territory instead."

Kinaed claims, "We should probably create a staff help file or some entry for them somewhere in the existing Domain help file so that we can retain some of that history also. It makes it easier on staff not to trip up when reviewing/accepting apps"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kirill states, "It only gets tricky when activity resets and EVERYONE in the list is dark gray."

Temi says, "We do try to keep track of info."

Kinaed says, "Some of them. But again, not really a great bang for our buck in terms of removing nobles unless they well and truly cannot come back."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "Though to some extent, we've had some nobs that have never even gotten around to ever submitting their domain helpfile, which we were waiting one"

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco claims, "That bugs me a little."

Kuzco claims, "And by little I mean a lot."

Temi states, "Me too"

Satoshi didn't know there were domain helpfiles.

Sparkles states, "There's been nobles and GLs who have joined with no help info."

Whatever says, "I would be glad to write those, for the low cost of assuming their noble rank for my trouble :)"

Kuzco states, "Specially the old 'the previous ruler was killed by mages' trick."

Kinaed says to Kirill, "Hmm, I think we restored activity to be a rolling calculation or something. Need to check the current status with Az, but people shouldn't drop out of activity abruptly if they've been active."

SomeoneLoveable claims, "It is a lot of work to write them. especially for me when I can't even see the map. QQ"

Kirill says, "HELP DOMAIN <domain> :D"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kuzco hugs SomeoneLoveable

SomeoneLoveable says, "Like I looked at margaux's once and promptly cried."

Kuzco muses, "You know you can ask for help, yeah?"

Brando is idle.

Kuzco claims, "Well Margaux was insane."

Kuzco nods.

Brando is no longer idle.
Brando has returned from AFK.

Kinaed wonders, "Insane how? *curious*"

Temi says, "Ascii maps."

Kuzco says, "She wrote a Silmarillion out of everything she did"

Kuzco says, "(insanely good, prolific)"

Camila shudders.

Kirill says, "Some players put more detail and ASCII effort into their stuff, and that's cool. Just maybe not ideal for our non-sighted folks."

Temi claims, "We probably should not allow ascii maps in the domain helpfiles, though, that's a good point."

Satoshi questions, "Arent' there like, actual canon ascii maps?"

Temi nods at Satoshi.

Temi says, "In separate helpfiles from descriptive info ones."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kuzco nods at Temi.

SomeoneLoveable claims, "It was a beautiful helpfile same with Emma ab Cover's but like gosh. I was like I have a hard time enough trying to keep up with the history of TI as it is, and so writing something only for it to be inaccurate or different than what's going on is like hard."

Kinaed muses, "Do the ascii code tags work in help files?"

Azarial claims, "Should"

Kinaed claims, "No reason we cannot include them if we put alternative text in or something."

Azarial states, "And inaccuracies are par for the course"

Kinaed claims, "Cool."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kuzco says, "What we also need"

Raspberries says, "Would be nice if they do, then wouldn't need to have separate helpfiles for non-ascii versions"

Azarial claims, "They is not and will not be an entirely factual accounting of events"

Kuzco states, "Is historian PCs writing history books of domains"

Azarial offers a mirror.

Temi nods in agreement with Kuzco.

SomeoneLoveable says, "Like I've played for years and people still talk about stuff that happened 12 years ago that I have no idea what it was or has no context."

Kuzco states, "(incidentally I am publishing a history book Icly)"

Ezio has left the game.

Camila exclaims, "Oh! Writer bards!"

Kuzco claims, "Yeah and the forums in the website only go so much back"

Kinaed claims, "Some older players have sincerely attempted to tackle that."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, we have about five minutes until the top of the hour. It's my birthday! I'm freezing. Let's begin to wrap up, shall we?"

Kuzco pontificates, "Hey feliz cumpleanos!"

Kinaed says, "Three minutes since I wrote that, actually."

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "Omg! happy birthday!"

Kinaed declaims to Kuzco, "Thanks! I'm older!"

SomeoneLoveable states, "Mine's next week."

Kuzco exclaims, "Yay for taht!"

Camila declaims, "Happy Birthday!!!"

Kinaed beams at SomeoneLoveable. 

Kinaed says to Camila, "Thank you"

Satoshi states, "Again, happy birth, let's celebrate the day the world was blessed with Kinaed"

SomeoneLoveable claims, "Or well week after the 21st."

Kuzco claims, "Hope you had/have a great day"

Kinaed chuckles.

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Thank you :)"

Kinaed exclaims, "So, thank you for attending our OOC Chat, everyone!"

Kuzco declares, "Remember to write game reviews!"

Raspberries exclaims, "Um, happy birthday!"

Raspberries gives a long, skinny loaf of bread, baked in the shape of a sword to Kinaed.

Kuzco states, "Ideally, of TI"

Camila hugs everyone.

Kinaed declares, "Please - yes, as Kuzco said - please write a review of TI, particularly on Reddit or TMC. This will help attract new players for you to RP with!"

Kuzco pontificates, "You get QP for it!"

Satoshi claims, "Can confirm, Reddit was a big reason why I DIDN'T join for a long time"

Kuzco blings-blings his thousands of QPs

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Satoshi states, "It took personal anecdote of friend to get me to come over."

Kinaed asks of Satoshi, "What do you mean? *curious8"

SomeoneLoveable questions, "Is htere people being mean on Reddit again?"

Kinaed laughs, "Probably."

Kuzco says, "I didn't see it"

Kinaed claims to Satoshi, "Thank you for trying us out."

Kuzco states, "And I comb /MUD weekly"

Satoshi states, "TI has a weird reptuation on r/MUD from people complaining. HONESTLY I'm fairly certain it's just a crusade at this point, cause none of the stuff they witch about is in the game"

Kinaed spreads her hands.

Tator says, "There's alwys trolls on reddit"

Kinaed claims, "Hard to say."

Temi states, "Well, that's good at least."

Kinaed nods at Tator.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

SomeoneLoveable states, "Some reviews on TMC are vicious. I saw some yesterday, and omg."

Satoshi says, "But I've been on r/MUD for YEARS so I see a loooot of stuff. It took personal anecdote of friend to lure me over"

Kinaed nods at Satoshi.

Kuzco says, "Many are written by ragequitting players"

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "Well, we thank that friend who shared. :)"

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kinaed says, "Yeah, we didn't always get it right."

Kinaed claims, "We've been around since 1999, plenty of room in there for making mistakes, etc."

SomeoneLoveable questions, "One can only move forward, right?"

Kuzco says, "I got hooked in by a player who promtly left xD"

Raspberries says, "Also if you haven't use the refer command to give them some QP"

Nysteesia begins to descend.

Sparkles says, "It was me," and high-fives Satoshi.

Satoshi muses, "Speaking of, I put who lured me over in when I joined, I'm not sure if that actually accredited to them cause I didn't know about the refer command, can I still use it?"
Nysteesia leaves down.

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kinaed says to Satoshi, "I think you can still use it, yes"

Azarial states, "Should be able to refer"

Satoshi does super cool friend secret high-five with Sparkles.

Kinaed says, "I'm not seeing a referral paid on your account, so go ahead and give it a try :)"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, time for people to get back to their RP. I hope to see everyone next week!"

Raspberries waves.

SomeoneLoveable declaims, "Byeee!"

Camila waves.

• Information