Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-05-04

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat May 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

SilverMoon trails off, "And I don't either but you know... It's ok, it's candy"

Azarial claims, "Most of the time my reaction is 'quit touching me before I break your arm'"

Lurker states, "I have a topic."

Sparkles says, "I have a topic."

Temi states, "She was a stealth character, so we decided to make something appropriate for everyone to just have."

Kinaed wonders, "Got Lurker and Sparkles. Anyone else?"

Kuzco claims, "Sorry I had a call"

Raspberries declaims, "I like it!"

Kinaed claims, "If you're registering a topic to discuss, please pre-write it out so that you're ready to introduce everyone to it when called on."

Kuzco says, "I wanna chime in too"

Niamh eats a tiny elderberry pastille candy rolled in granulated sugar.

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Got you."

Chronos says, "I'd like to chime in myself at some point."

Kinaed states to Chronos, "Got you"

Kinaed claims, "A reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Regardless of what we discuss, we understand and truly believe that everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Raspberries makes the sign of the Chalice.

SilverMoon nods. "Aye aye, ma'am."

Lurker nods.

Kinaed says, "Kicking off Staff Updates - Um, we had a staff meeting last week and decided a few things, like the removal of tells and guild channels. I wrote up the communications for all of that and did minimal handholding throughout the week. On my desk next are Jail Automation - I'm missing something I need to complete that, so will ask Az- and reading the new stealth skills spec. Oh, I also interviewed two of the four staff applicants."

Kinaed states, "That's it for me. Azarial, you're up."

Azarial declares, "I've been looking into a few crashes this week, and ended up delving into odd output issues.  please remember that if you {A or {a to close them, and to use both!"

Raspberries pontificates, "Is there a helpfile now for the {A/{a stuff? Very useful bit of code!"

SilverMoon says, "Erm."

SilverMoon queries, "What is that? Abort?"

Azarial claims, "Iunno.  I document syntax."

Kitty has no idea what that is...

Kinaed says, "It's for people to replace ascii with description alternative text for screen readers."

Cheeky says, "Help ascii"

Galax wonders, "Aren't those the screenreader tags for ASCII art?"

Temi nods.

SilverMoon smiles gently

Kinaed claims, "It's basically like a code to encapsule the alternative text."

Kitty trails off, "Ahhhh...."

SilverMoon exclaims, "Thanks guys!"

Kinaed nods at galax.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Temi - want to go?"

Raspberries says, "If you have a copy of the amity calendar, you can see them at work. Very handy"

Galax trails off, "I thought it was the other way around, and you put the ASCII code inside of it so it doesn't format...oh, well, whatever, I'll check the helpfile"

Temi claims, "Sure.  I had Stanley here last weekend involved in some events."

Kinaed pontificates to galax, "Yes, that!"

Sparkles says, "I hope it was fun for you."

Azarial claims, "If you don;t close it it nukes visible output."

Kinaed says, "It does need some help filing, I think."

SilverMoon states, "Unfortunately I missed that."

Temi says, "So that distracted me a lot of the time.  I'm also working on writing up that turf wars spec."

Temi claims, "Other than that, just the normal plots and things."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed questions to Niamh, "Update?"

Niamh says, "Sorted out some phome building for people, processed some evictions, restocked the auction house, almost cleared the typos board of everything but milestones, switched out the wandering tradesman's goods, and did our monthly devlog post for the website. Processed a couple plots relating to the ongoing header, too, and a big thank you from me to the players that are pushing it forward."

Kitty claims, "Stanley looking at people and dismissing them as unimportant was highly amusing. *coughs*"

Raspberries says to Niamh, "Still loving your ongoing plot, Niamh."

Kinaed says, "Remind me to create HELP CHANGES MAY2019"

Niamh highfives Raspberries. 

SilverMoon grins at Niamh.

Chronos wonders to Kinaed, "Kinaed?"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates. Thanks for the hard work, Staff!"

Kinaed asks of Chronos, "Yes?"

Chronos claims to Kinaed, "Create HELP CHANGES MAY2019"

Kinaed claims to Chronos, "Thank you, Chronos."

Niamh snorts.

Temi claims, "But maybe not in the middle of the meeting."

Galax golf-claps.

Temi wags a finger at Chronos.

Kinaed queries, "Alright, now for Player Heartbeat - how was the game for everyone last week? RP good? Anything shitting anyone?"

Kinaed questions, "... that isn't already a topic?"

SilverMoon states, "I had fun rp last week."

SilverMoon smiles.

Raspberries states, "Was a great week for RP here."

Kitty is doing fine.

Kinaed says to SilverMoon, "So glad to hear it :)"

Wimpled states, "Niamh is a peach with her plot."

Lurker claims, "I've been having fun."

Kinaed claims to Raspberries, "Nice."

Niamh highfives Wimpled also!

Kinaed gives Niamh two thumbs up.

Kuzco says, "Hm"

Kinaed wonders, "This is pretty positive. Anyone feeling less happy overall?"

Nyx has returned from AFK.

Elizabethany says, "I haven't really been able to be around much this week, but that's not your fault"

SilverMoon states, "I kinda miss tells, but I'm slowly getting used to it."

Kinaed smiles at Elizabethany.

Kuzco claims, "I'm miffled about the complete lack of interest I got for the charali great race"

Sparkles says, "I've had some kind of emotional RP this week. A new friend of mine who started mentioned a bit of frustration about shopping."

Kinaed comforts SilverMoon.

Kinaed says to SilverMoon, "Thank you for giving it a go."

Raspberries claims, "There are times that the missing tells are a pain in the butt, yeah."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Lurker states to Kuzco, "I was definitely interested, but it was very late for me."

Kinaed comforts Raspberries.

Kuzco says, "Me and Rhoana devised a minigame, got a medal and food, and worked to promote it"

Wimpled sneezes loudly.

Chronos claims, "Not having tells feels kind've refreshing, admittedly. "

SilverMoon claims, "I usually used it to see how people were doing, since I'm friendly and to set up scenes. :P"

Tyorios states, "Just got here today/yesterday, so there wasn't a last week for me. Looking forward to getting started, though. ^^"

Kinaed smiles at Tyorios.

Raspberries says, "Like following a crash, ending up away from who you were RPing with, it's hard to get things sorted now, except by pboard"

Kuzco claims, "We didn't get a single participant, and only 3 people even referred to it in rp with me"

Kinaed has transferred Flower.  [OOC]

Niamh says to Kuzco, "That made me sad. If there's anything we can do on our end to help make future events more visible or amp them more, just give us a poke."

Temi gives a glass compote dish etched with a broad, lip-licking smile to Flower.

Chronos claims, "That sucks Kuzco"

Kinaed says to Tyorios, "I certainly hope you enjoy TI :)"

Niamh exclaims to Tyorios, "And yes! Welcome :)"

Kuzco says, "There isn't much to do when the BARDS fail to gather people for a celebration"

Elizabethany states, "I'm afraid the timing just didn't work for me, unfortunately"

Lisel says, "Really wanted to go, but like Lurker, just in the wrong timezone"

Sparkles claims, "It's going to be my topic, I admit: Events and such too."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Kitty queries, "Ok, then. What would make it easier? Is it the during the week thing?"

Raspberries says, "Oh, just had an idea. But will post it to the forums."

Galax claims, "I...I admit that I didn't know that the event was happening until like, the day after."

Elizabethany states, "During the week is definitely a bit limiter on my availability."

Lurker has noticed Saturdays to be more popular than Fridays.

Kinaed states, "Maybe we should move to topics then as we have quite a few registered and only 45 minutes to make sure everyone gets their chance."

SilverMoon says, "I was gonna say weekends would probably work."

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries nods.

Lurker nods.

Galax nods.

Kinaed claims to Lurker, "You're first. Please introduce us all to your topic. :)"
Niamh nods.

Niamh claims, "Everyone was nodding, had to join"

Raspberries nods at Niamh.

Niamh nods at Raspberries.

Lurker claims, "I'd like to point to the newest Announce board note. My PC had motivations to execute the... execution, and I have amended cnotes to reflect that. Regardless, I believe that the forum discussion has been healthy."

Temi claims, "We don't blame anyone for doing anything in the current culture."

Kuzco has lost link.
Kuzco has reconnected.

Kinaed says to Lurker, "I am so sorry if that felt in any way to be a criticism of you specifically. That is not the case; the issue has been ongoing across *many* characters."

Niamh states, "For what it's worth, that was a topic on the discussion list before that specific execution, and -- what Temi said."

Temi states, "We just want to examine if the culture is working the way everyone wants now"

Kinaed claims, "Otherwise I wouldn't have raised it."

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Lurker claims, "It gives me some insight and I'll be more mindful in the future. I don't feel criticized, but I'm not a -huge- fan of PK because it is, as the helpfiles say, the ultimate conclusion to RP and severs many ties."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, the topic had been on the Staff Talking Point list for about two weeks before I up and asked players."

Kinaed smiles.

Kuzco claims, "I don't mind Ic people having their own motives for killing. As long as all rules and policy is followed, I enjoy some corruption and strife."
Kinaed nods at Lurker.

Wimpled has lost link.
Wimpled has reconnected.

Niamh nods.

Kinaed states, "Thanks for letting us know how you felt, and please accept my apologies for coming across that way."

Elysaveta states, "I do like some of the other punishment options. Stocks, whipping, public shaming, permanent marks of some kind."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Kuzco claims, "Eating farin food in public and without a drink."

Elysaveta states, "But, I don't know the RP behind any of the executions, so that's just a general thing I think adds to RP for both parties."

SilverMoon trails off, "I was gonna suggest for theives maybe a cutting off of the hand or something? But I'm not much for comments on forums..."

Kinaed says, "There's a Book of Penances that shows how Davites tend to punish people based on their religious views that floats around somewhere if it might help everyone overall."

Kitty trails off, "That might throw the humors off-balance, Kuzco..."

Sparkles questions, "Wasn't there a big recent project and push for a like ... debtors prison sort of option? Did that get code or building support or is that entirely RP based?"

Galax exclaims, "Yeah, all of the alternate punishment options are really good!"

Temi states, "That's RP based"

Lurker claims, "Crushing fingers was on the table."

Elysaveta states, "I've seen Order brands, but maybe Reeves can have their own sort of thing, yeah. I kind of like losing a hand."

SilverMoon nods.

Elysaveta glances around.

SilverMoon trails off, "It could have worked, though. Break her fingers..."

Raspberries says, "Reeves have a brand too"

Kinaed says to Sparkles, "That was supported by staff, but pointed out it can already exist, it just needs someone to say 'indentured servitude is your penance for this crime, bob's your caretaker now;' or something"

Elysaveta states, "Ah, cool."

Sparkles nods at Kinaed.

Elysaveta can't quite remember the rules behind all that branding.

Cheeky says, "I believe there is a thread or two about punishments already, too, that can possibly linked to the current discussion."

Kinaed states, "Indentured servitude is legal in Lithmore, unlike slavery"

Niamh gets the Maiming Spec from a miniature tophat with Staff Specs around the brim.

Niamh claims, "We've got this in the works, too."

Sparkles says, "There's something to just carry around."

Niamh claims, "Not yet approved, but being worked on. If you guys want to have a look, got the all clear to share."

SilverMoon states, "The fact that that is out of a top hat amuses me."

Niamh grins at SilverMoon.

Kinaed says, "Feel free to send feedback to Niamh about it."

Kitty claims, "I think you would need to be really careful about doing the indentured servitude and forcing it. Have to pick a legitimately active player to attach them to, and one that's not... going anywhere."

Azarial says, "If the costs to keep you increase faster than your income, well, indentured forever is still legal."

Niamh has created the Maiming Spec[19].

Temi says, "It's like a bunny, but less magey."

Niamh drops the following:
( 20)the Maiming Spec

Niamh gets the Maiming Spec.

Chronos gets the Maiming Spec.

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Raspberries picks up the Maiming Spec.

Kuzco gets the Maiming Spec.
Kitty gets the Maiming Spec.

Sparkles gets the Maiming Spec.

Chronos drops the Maiming Spec.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, in the interests of getting to everyone, let's move to our next topic."

Chronos claims, "Ooh that looks brutal"

Raspberries nods.

Elysaveta gets the Maiming Spec.

Lurker nods.

Lurker gets the Maiming Spec.

Kinaed claims to Sparkles, "You're up. :)"

Niamh declaims, "Would provide some options for lawful types they might enjoy. Please provide feedback via pboard if you have thoughts on it!"

Galax rubs her hands together with glee

SilverMoon gets the Maiming Spec.

Lisel gets the Maiming Spec.

Lurker states, "Thank you, Niamh! I only recently found out about the inflict command, post-execution, which was a bit frustrating."

Kinaed says, "A reminder, if you haven't pre-typed your topic, please do so."

Lurker claims, "I was convinced I needed skill in whip."

Galax claims, "I already like this."

Niamh grins at Lurker.

Sparkles claims, "As was noted by Kuzco, I'd like to discuss how we can look at better participation in events or gatherings. It can be a real heartbreaker to try and pull people in without getting a lot of responses. The other day, I had a scene and a lot of people on OOC were mentioning they didn't like big scenes, but as a Bard, that's kind of a main drive of your RP, getting people together. "

Wimpled states, "I'm happy to charge you to learn how to whip."

Sparkles asks, "If it's RP going by too fast, are people remembering "places" are a thing in rooms so that things can be more broken up?"

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Tyorios gets the Maiming Spec.

Azarial claims, "Places can help reduce the spam of large events allowing small groups to rp withouth disrupting the main event with spam."

Flower says, "I love big scenes when not mobile. "

Temi says, "Obviously, not everyone will like every type of RP, and that's fine."

Raspberries says to Wimpled, "Your name shall now be Whipled."

Kinaed asks, "I'm gathering an event didn't generate much interest because it was posted late, in a bad timezone, and some people backed out. Did it have an IC Event post prior, etc?"

Kuzco claims, "We try our best. On one hand, people don't like big scenes, specially blind players... on the other, we get weekly pressure to make public scenes from players who can't find RP."

SilverMoon says, "I can do big scenes, it's just sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. While places are helpful which is great, sometimes it's just too much for my brain to process, but I can do them."

Kinaed states, "Staff do have a scheduler spec to write so people can schedule IC Events"

Kinaed nods at SilverMoon.

Lurker says, "I'm not a huge fan of big scenes, but it's good form to suck it up and participate, in my opinion."

Temi trails off, "But if there's things to get people happier with things they are interested in, etc..."

Kuzco states to Kinaed, "I posted the charali race IC post 3 days before it happened, and made a rumor too. But Theo means the concert last sunday."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Wimpled states, "I hate big scenes.  I don't like going to them.  It's sometimes manageable if it's at a location where there are multiple rooms for RP.  "

Kitty says, "Yeah, the concert had... almost no one."

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Sparkles states, "Yes, I admit that sometimes it's rough when people say on the OOC or Discord that 'nothing good is happening' when stuff is happening folks don't seem interested."

Niamh asks, "Do we think it's a "people don't generally like big scenes" problem or a "scheduling times" problem?"

SilverMoon says, "I have gone to big scenes for hours. I can do them most of the time, except when my brain decides to tell me I'm overloaded with sound."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Raspberries trails off, "Hmm..."

Temi states, "Finding the right times for the people that are interested is a two-pronged issue, of right times and people who are interested."

Galax claims, "I think events in general might need more notice. Lives can get busy and it's easier to jostle a schedule a week or two in advance versus three OOC days."

Cheeky states, "Easier said than done, I know, but I think it's important not to take it personally if something you're doing doesn't generate as much interest or population as you hope."

Lisel states, "Yas a newbie i get frustrated in big scenes cause I dont know if and when im supposed to talk"

Kinaed asks, "Do we have any suggestions or solutions for this, or do we need to chew on it and keep it just as a public service announcement "please keep in mind people put effort into these events to entertain you, so some love in return would be great"?"

Kuzco says, "The concert didn't have a lot of promotion, but many people didn't come -because- it had the potential to be a big scene"

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "I wouldn't mind a reminder of some consideration yeah"

Lurker nods to Kinaed.

Kuzco claims to Kinaed, "I set aside my late afternoon of a holiday for the race, for nothing."

Lurker states, "That would be great, Kinaed."

Cheeky claims, "Not knowing the plans for the scheduler, that may help."

Cheeky claims, "Early and regular promotion help."

Kinaed says, "It is worth noting that we do have a Scheduler in the wings, and we will be working towards getting that up and running, particularly with this insight that it'd solve a current issue."

Wimpled states, "People can have IC reasons not attend some of these things, especially if they draw more higher end crowds.  Just because an event is happening, doesn't mean people are going to want to attend ICly even with OOC consideration."

Elysaveta claims, "Mostly scheduling for me recently. Sometimes large scenes are difficult, but RPing with new faces and people you might not otherwise can balance that out."

Lurker states, "Big scenes were a thing some years ago. I think the culture has changed a bit, also."

Kinaed nods at Wimpled.

Cheeky claims, "Planning for 'disaster' helps."

Wimpled says, "Having a set event day of the week and or time might help for people to schedule around."

Kinaed nods at Lurker.

Raspberries claims, "Perhaps you could target different groups? I think one problem with interest could be mixed classes. It's great to be inclusive for everyone for some things, but for others it makes it harder to RP"

Kinaed states, "I think we sort of do call "Right after OOC Chat every week" the pretty standard "Event Day" by defacto"

Temi nods.

Lurker nods.

Elysaveta nods.

Temi says, "And those events are usually pretty well-attended"

Cheeky says, "Midweek events especially seem to have trouble attracting an audience, and I believe that's due in part because of a general disconnect between players and their time zones."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Niamh nods at Cheeky.

Sparkles claims, "I think sometimes there needs to be a certain consideration of reasons not to RP as otherwise if people were very strict about it, most of the characters IC wouldn't RP for various arguably valid reasons."

Temi claims, "But it's nice to have things for people who can't do that time too"

Kinaed states, "For me, it is definitely work schedule."

Elysaveta says, "Harder to be flexible during work/school weeks, I think."

Kinaed works a lot. Weekends is the only time free.

Cheeky states, "Although there is and has been interest in events that hit those off timezones and days."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Kuzco states, "I try to cater to audiences who can't play on the weekends"

Kuzco says, "As well as the usual after-OOC chat people"

Kinaed claims, "I'm going to give this topic 2 more minutes, unless everyone's content, before we move on. :)"

SilverMoon claims, "Yesterday there was a sceen in the crossroads taht Ihad fun at, but I often thik sometimes I emote too fast."

Lurker I play mostly during the week, but that is very constrained by time zone.

Kuzco trails off, "Besides... if I make events just for a particular race or social class, I guarantee nobody would come"

Cheeky states, "I would still really love the ability to schedule things IN GAME where there isn't a lot of math involved in figuring out when it is for a player."

Wimpled says, "Then choose after-OOC chat and a set weekday/night."

Cheeky states, "And that is emphasis text, not 'yelling'."

Kinaed says, "Please remember the code encourages people to emote quickly, in less than 5 minutes from the last emote for an RPxp bonus."

Chronos muses, "I looked away for a moment. Did my turn already come?"

Elizabethany states, "I always try to come to events, especially if people try to plan it so I can come, but my schedule is pretty limited"

Kinaed states to Chronos, "Not yet, there's someone ahead of you in queue too."

Kinaed nods at Elizabethany.

Chronos nods.

Kuzco claims, "But I have said enough and I don't wanna sound sour. I appreciate the input from everyone."

Flower states, "Phew. done with Dinner. "

Galax claims, "I would be curious what peoples' feedback on recent events would be as well in general, but I think it might have to wait due to time."

Kinaed states to Elizabethany, "Thank you for making a point of going to events that you're available to attend."

Kinaed nods at galax.

Kinaed wonders, "Can ask either ICly or perhaps OOCly on the forums/general board?"

SilverMoon smiles.

Galax states, "I have some guesses as to what's separating the successful events from the ones that are giving us frustration, but they're somewhat random or blind guesses.."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, two minutes are up, I want to make sure everyone in our list has time..."

Kinaed queries to Kuzco, "Please introduce us to your topic?"

Raspberries nods.

Kuzco grabs the mic, taps taps it for testing, then says: "Okay, so, I'd like for staff to consider reviewing the wiki in the website. As it is, it has too much information about the Deep Shit of TI. Helpfiles are supposed to be all IC knowledge. But the wiki has some stuff that isn't in the helpfiles and that normal characters (even mages) should not have access to. Obviously I am not going to say what."

Raspberries says, "That's interesting."

Temi states, "Yeah, obviously that's not intended."

Kinaed states, "Yes, well. I am not certain everything people have put into the wiki is actually TRUE either."

Cheeky says, "Cue uptick in wiki use today."

Kinaed claims, "From some of the things you've said, maybe some player-curated misconceptions have crept in."

Flower laughs.

Kinaed grins at Sparkles.

Kuzco says, "A disclaimer that the wiki has no staff input might be necessary then."
Kinaed grins at Cheeky.

Nyx claims, "Some things are definitely wrong"

Niamh says, "The criteria for what goes on the wiki is "has to already be publicly accessible in-game or on the forums." If it's not in a public helpfile anyone can read or a forum post anyone can read, doesn't go on the wiki. If it's already publicly accessible knowledge, can go on the wiki. Would be happy to change this if it's preferred, but we may want to look at where the knowledge is already available also."

Kinaed nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco claims, "Or that isn't curated by staff."

Nyx says, "Amusingly so"

Temi queries, "Do people use and get value out of the wiki?"

Kuzco says, "I do."

Raspberries claims, "I forgot about it"

Kuzco states, "But I can't act on some of the things I read because it's not logical my dude would know about it."

Kinaed barely notices it exists, but probably ought to notice.

SilverMoon trails off, "I have never used it..."

Kinaed claims, "Well, there's a task for our new staff already... review the wiki. :P"

Elizabethany claims, "I honestly completely forget it exists too.. but I'd rather use stuff in game"

Lisel states, "For newbies like me its critical"

Flower is with Kinaed. 

Kinaed nods at Elizabethany.

Kinaed nods at Lisel.

Kuzco claims, "I might suggest just getting rid of it entirely, and updating the helpfiles section of the website."

Flower sits down and rests.

Temi nods.

Sparkles states, "As much as I don't like to disagree, I'm going to strongly disagree with that."

Kinaed says, "Knowing that new players are using it, and that it's not staff curated, and that maybe it's got some inaccuracies - okay, yes. Thank you for the alert, Kuzco."

Galax claims, "I didn't even know there was a wiki."

Raspberries claims, "Maybe check the access list of who can edit it as well- I recall a now banned player was active in creating it"

Kinaed says, "I'll throw it on Staff Talking points to discuss what we need to do further."

Nyx has lost link.
Nyx has reconnected.

Kuzco states, "Since if it's in the main website, it's asumed to be true. If it has false info, then it has little value unless staff add reviewing it to their workload."

Cheeky claims, "I'm in agreement with Elizabethany, I vastly prefer going to the game as my source of information; anything where I have to go elsewhere is less time I'm focused here."

Kuzco nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

Kuzco nods at Cheeky.

SilverMoon claims, "I just prefer to learn by word of mouth EG the game."

Kinaed states, "I do too, but we also have to note that the people who prefer that are, by and large, the really, really old players."

SilverMoon nods.

SilverMoon states, "I haven't used the wicki ever since I came here, though."

Lisel claims, "But if your in the middle of an RP and need to check something its easier to go to the site or the wiki"

Kinaed states, "I think demographics and expectations around games and how to access material are changing."

SilverMoon says, "True"

Sparkles claims, "The difficulty is that a lot of stuff has never made it into the game in any feasible way even if really it should have."

Cheeky claims, "Assigning Staff oversight would be a potentially large job but may help fix all current suggested problems with the wiki."

Nyx states, "Yeah. Old farts like us assume a lot of knowledge that people don't have."

Kinaed states, "And we need to be responsive to allow new players to get comfortable and oriented quickly."

Raspberries nods in agreement.

Kuzco states, "Yeah, Sparkles has a point"

Cheeky says, "I've referenced it a few times. My overall memory of it was being surprised to find information on there that isn't anywhere else on the game or website."

Kuzco states, "Some information is way too hard to find, due to player or staff oversight"

Kinaed claims, "I have a niggling feeling that Niamh is actually doing some oversight of the wiki."

Raspberries questions, "Any examples come to mind, Cheeky?"

Lurker states, "Oh, we have a wiki."

Niamh claims, "Not the case. If it's on there, it's on the game or website."

Kinaed chuckles.

Cheeky says, "Filling in details of historical timelines."

Cheeky claims, "The game format does make large/long pages hard to absorb, definitely."

Sparkles claims, "I'm always surprised how some crazy things never got lore entries, for example."

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed nods at Cheeky.

SilverMoon grins.

Kuzco starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Azarial states, "Players need to submit lore and quotes."

Kinaed declaims to Sparkles, "For example? Raise it so we can Lore it!"

Flower claims, "Sometimes Lore does lack. "

Kinaed nods at Flower.

Kuzco aborts writing his note.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Cheeky claims, "I'm guilty of it too, but if you see something missing you can submit it yourself."

Lurker states, "Only those who bother pooling city lore know of its existence."

Kinaed declaims, "And get Quest Points!"

Kuzco states, "For instance there appears to be no information anywhere of the Mage Invasion"

Cheeky states, "Or ping someone who you think ought to submit somethign so they get QP for it."

Lurker claims, "I forgot about it until recently."

Kuzco states, "Or the Endless Night"

Wimpled has lost link.
Wimpled has reconnected.

Sparkles states, "There's a book IC and the in the Queen's"

Kuzco claims, "Well let me just crawl down and die."

SilverMoon wonders, "I had no idea those things even happened, where have I been?"

Kuzco crawls down and dies.

Nyx states, "The Mage Invasion is definitely referenced in game."

Wimpled wonders, "What'd I miss?"

Chronos states, "Mm"

Nyx says, "Those were also the good ol days."

Kuzco claims, "A helpfile wouldn't go amiss then.,"

SilverMoon nods.

Niamh has transferred Mami.  [OOC]

Temi gives a glass compote dish etched with a broad, lip-licking smile to Mami.

Kuzco claims, "I remember having to ask for one for the White Flame rebellion because it was very recent and people had no idea about it, lol."

Kuzco says, "Another for the Asglen succession crisis might be cool."

Cheeky states, "Nothing wrong with asking for something, it helps you, it helps staff, it helps the game."

Sparkles asks, "Is the spec to submit Lore entries easier still on the docket?"

Mami waves hello.

Kinaed says, "Yes, but fell to the wayside. Thank you for the reminder"

SilverMoon drops the Maiming Spec.

Kuzco states, "Anyways that's all from me. =)"

Mami gets the Maiming Spec.

Nyx gets the Maiming Spec.

Lisel drops the Maiming Spec.

Flower gets the Maiming Spec.

Raspberries flips the Maiming Spec into the air, and catches it as it begins its descent.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think we're to our next :)"

Kinaed pontificates to Chronos, "You're up! Please introduce your topic :)"

Chronos states, "Just wanted to mention that while it may take some getting used to for folks, I very much wanted to say that the change to tells and clan channels is great and I hope it drives folks to using more in character means to coordinate things. "

Raspberries nods.

Niamh highfives Chronos. 

Lurker has been paying messengers overtime.

Chronos claims, "On an alternative note, I think it'll have a secondary side effect of quelling a good bit of issues we've had in the past of clans becoming echo chambers for OOC sentiments, etc."

Flower does messenger more. 

Kuzco states, "I have to grumbingly agree it seems to be positive."

Kinaed claims, "I'm very glad that some people have enjoyed the change - and for those who haven't, that they've been generally really good about giving it a go."

Sparkles says, "There's a post on the forums that points out an issue with this presently though: Cloaked/Masked folks can't utilize messengers."

Raspberries claims, "I've been patient with it. I've an idea that might help with the drawbacks that I'll submit to the forum later."

Niamh nods at Raspberries.

Galax says, "Yes, I'd like to as a footnote point to that thread as well"

Kinaed states, "I might start a forum posts with 'can you list all of the irritants you've encountered since tells left' so we can start to try to put things in place to ease them all one by one."

SilverMoon states, "For scenes, I use pboards which I find a bit easier and god I use messengers a lot. :P"

Kinaed says, "Well, as much as we can"

Elizabethany claims, "I'm sad to miss the reminder that people are excited to have me involved when I pop in, but giving it a go."

SilverMoon declaims, "Yeah I am Beth! always excited!"

Galax says, "Messengers being cheaper has kicked butt and alleviated some of my fears but not all of them"

Raspberries says to Kinaed, "That'd be great, but maybe start a thread on the positive sides as well for balance"

Nyx claims, "Everyone pboard Beth whenever she logs in"

Kinaed nods at galax.

Kinaed grins at Nyx.

Kitty claims, "I just want the messengers to move FASTER now... because more than once, I've sent one, but the person logs before receiving it."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Lurker claims, "The only irritant I have is that some people are very fun to chatter with, BUT: I can focus on my scenes more."

Flower laughs.

SilverMoon says, "I missed the convience of just asking hey you available for a sceen and generally just talking about every day things, but I am surviving, man."

Kuzco says to Elizabethany, "I am always excited when you come in =)"

Azarial says, "Cloaked should not be causing issues; it is the cloak concealed preventing the messenger form recogniing you"

Chronos states, "My only issue with them going faster is that folks tend to use messengers to weaponize in getting their posse together to gank someone."

Kuzco questions, "I think messenger speed depends on infrastructure?"

Niamh nods at Kuzco.

Niamh says, "I think so."

Niamh eyes Azarial. 

Nyx states, "I'd also be cautious about speeding up messengers too much"

Kuzco aborts writing his note.

Kuzco finishes his note.

Cheeky states, "I think it would be worthwhile to consider other detriments for low infrastructure as the game depends on communication for harboring roleplay."

Galax says, "That's one of my big fears. People needing something from me, and me logging off and leaving a messenger dead in the water that I never see"

SilverMoon states, "Oopsies"

Cheeky says, "But Chronos's point is valid."

Kinaed says, "Yeah, messengers once were treated by some groups as IC tells, which is why the delay was introduced"

Mami muses, "Perhaps a message recipient can get an ooc alert that there is a message on the way?"

Lisel says, "I do miss the order chat, i feel so alone in the cathedral now"

Chronos states, "Well, pboards are still a thing."

Chronos states, "So you could probably post a message, or send them mail."

SilverMoon claims, "Also, note, if someone wants me, page me... Page me page me. That is also a good attention getter."

Sparkles queries, "But mages can do that now?"

Nyx states, "I like that idea, Mami."

Kinaed states, "Yes, everyone's familiar withpage."

Sparkles says, "I mean mages have ways to ICly coordinate instantly ganking someone now."

Chronos states, "And that's great."

Nyx states, "They always have. That's a perk of being a mage."

Chronos states, "They should have a few legs up in some magicky regards."

Kinaed claims, "Ilike that OOC alert idea too, yeah"

Temi claims, "And yet less instant ganking, alas."

SilverMoon nods.

SilverMoon says, "Sometimes I need to be reminded that hey you have a message, respond to it. that sounds like a good idea for me, too"

Cheeky wonders, "Could messengers stay until collected or dismissed, or is that just too hard on the database?"

Niamh puts the Maiming Spec in a miniature tophat with Staff Specs around the brim.

Azarial says, "They linger for a while"

SilverMoon claims, "And that is a good idea too."

Lurker states, "Can we remove 'Please respond' from the paging output? Since tells are gone."

Kinaed states, "That probably can."

Cheeky states, "Or convert to a letter or notice or something."

Kinaed nods at Lurker.

Azarial states, "Already did.  need to boot it"

Kuzco states, "A reminder that you have a messenger waiting is something I have posted in here, to no success"

Lurker smiles at Azarial. "Great!"

Galax claims, "I'd love an IC note that a messenger came looking for me and couldn't find me, providing it's not ICly unrealistic"

Azarial claims, "It should print in your prompt"

SilverMoon says, "Or perhaps that you have a messenger waiting. The M in the prompt I sometimes miss if I'm walking"

Kuzco trails off, "I don't use prompt, it's... super annoying for me"

Lurker nods to Lisel. "Order chat was fun."

Nyx says, "No prompt? You're wild."

Kitty claims, "But, an IC note that a messenger came looking and couldn't find you, but not who the messenger was from, isn't very helpful."

Kinaed questions, "I think you do get notified if a messenger couldn't find you?"

SilverMoon states, "I use prompt, but I don't like it sometimes"

Kuzco claims, "I never use prompt, at all."

Kitty says, "You don't get notified if the couldn't find you, no."

Nyx claims, "Madman."

Kitty claims, "If they, rather."

Azarial claims, "...becuase they cannot find you.  >_>"

Temi says, "You get notified if your messenger couldn't find someone."

SilverMoon says, "You do, I have."

Kitty claims, "Right. "

SilverMoon turns off prompt right now.

Temi states, "But not the other side."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Ahh, I had it backwards"

Cheeky states, "I've ICly mailed people if my messenger went unaccepted, and I'll continue to do it if it's something important."

Elysaveta is idle.

Elysaveta is no longer idle.

Elysaveta has returned from AFK.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Niamh queries, "What was the topic again?"

Galax says, "That is also a fine workaround, mail and maybe pboard if it's a scene scheduling issue"

Kinaed claims, "Not receiving messengers when cloak concealed is a protectant for the cloaked person though... as opposed to "A messenger walks up and says, "Kinaed, Bob needs to talk" in the middle of your super secrete coven meeting."

SilverMoon asks, "Messengers and Tells I think niamh?"

Azarial nods at Kinaed.

Temi says, "You can receive messengers though, instead of them just coming, so maybe we don't need that now"

Raspberries nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Galax queries, "Yeah, in situations like that, you can manually reject the messenger. I don't even think the approac echoes?"

Temi states, "It shouldn't"

Kinaed says, "No, it doesn't."

Raspberries states, "Oh, using osay still has a "Consider moving to tells." message that can be removed for now"

Kitty states, "Right, but you could choose not to accept the messenger during your super secret coven meeting."

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Kuzco claims, "Rejecting a messenger broadcasts the reason to the room"

Kinaed states to Raspberries, "Thanks - it's on the bug board already for Az."

Lurker claims, "We could perhaps have a toggle which prints to prompt, like, unavailable, so messengers get insta-rejected."

Raspberries nods.

Sparkles says, "That's why I think the messenger profile concept has merit."

Kitty claims, "I just... ignore it. I don't reject it."

Kuzco imagines a cloaked assassin telling the messenger: "Mommy is too busy to cook you apple porridge, baby!"

Kitty claims, "If I'm somewhere a messenger wouldn't find me."

Raspberries grins.

Nyx points at kitty and agrees.

SilverMoon smirks

Kitty claims, "Reject lets you customize the message. No need to customize it if you're unfindable."

Lurker views all actions ass IC very literally.

SilverMoon says, "Ass... They said ass."

Wimpled stands up.

SilverMoon grins.

Wimpled begins to descend.

Wimpled leaves down.

Lurker exclaims, "Oh! I can custom reject!"

Kinaed has transferred Tasker.  [OOC]

Kuzco wonders, "How?"

Tasker states, "Hello you may start the OOC chat I am here"

Temi muses, "Maybe reject shouldn't give a message to the room, as theoretically they didn't find the person?"

Kuzco claims, "It still broadcasts to the room"

Kinaed queries, "Any other suggestions for messengers?"

Temi gives a glass compote dish etched with a broad, lip-licking smile to Tasker.

Kinaed grins at Tasker.

Kuzco claims to Temi, "Not necessarily, sometimes you are just busy"

Kuzco says, "But a reject doesn't make much sence if you have to print and broadcast a message"

Raspberries states, "There's a couple of odd things about messengers that should probably be looked at"

Kuzco claims, "It makes more sense to receive and reply"

Kitty claims, "Right. Sometimes, you ARE rejecting the messenger and telling them to go away."

SilverMoon states, "Hmm.."

Kinaed asks of Tasker, "We have seven minutes left and just came to the end of a topic, or are near the end. Did you have anything you wanted to raise?"

SilverMoon trails off, "A reply option to messengers..."

Kitty states, "That's why I just... ignore if I'm unfindable."

Kuzco claims, "A reject with no print is better imho."

Raspberries claims, "For example- you can send a messenger to someone off-line and it won't indicate anything's wrong with that. But if they're in a private-flagged room, it will immediately error saying they're not available"

Galax questions, "A reply option for messengers would kick butt. Maybe it could even have a bonus to receive time, since the messenger knows where they came from?"

Cheeky says, "I thought that was already an option? Or I may have gotten lost."

Kinaed claims to SilverMoon, "That's just someone someone can do right now with 'message quick' or even writing a full messenger."

SilverMoon wonders, "Hey, i mean you wouldn't have to go through the process of preparing and such, and it could not be shown to the room if that is the case?"

Cheeky claims, "Hm, maybe worth a forum discussion."

SilverMoon nods.

Lurker nods.

Kinaed states, "Message quick <name> <message> bypasses the preparation POLCA"

Sparkles claims, "Maybe the ability to flag a default answer when you are in super secret meetings."

Kinaed considers.

Sparkles states, "'So and so is busy right now: Send them a letter.'"

Kinaed declares, "I'll have to reread the OOC Chat log Raspberries is putting together later to make sure I got all of the ideas for processing. Thanks, everyone!"

Lurker wonders, "Kinaed?"

Kinaed asks, "We have five minutes until the top of the hour. Is there anything else anyone- Yes, Lurker?"

Lurker says, "Remember to create HELP CHANGES MAY2019"

Kinaed claims, "Oh, right. Thanks. :)"

Flower grins.

SilverMoon grins.

Kinaed gives Lurker a thumbs up.

Kitty flops.

INFO> Safir has written a new note, Horse, on the Personal board.

Kuzco says, "I'd like to remind people to recommend each other and write a freaking review in https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/"

Lurker has upgraded from goldfish attention span to tuna.

SilverMoon snorts

Kitty asks, "Is that better than Dory?"

Kinaed claims, "Yes, please do that. Also, once again, thank you for excellent curation of our Facebook page, Kuzco."

Lisel timidly raises a hand

Kuzco says, "Also everyone is welcomed to join us in the facebook page if you are a troglodyte like me"

Kinaed wonders to Lisel, "What's on your mind? P)"

Kuzco smiles at Kinaed. 

Sparkles claps for Kuzco.

Lisel queries, "Can someone give me the helpfile for pboards? "

Niamh says, "Ooh, to go back to the thing about missing lore entires from earlier: I'm actually in the middle of a project to go through the entire IC Events Archive and transfer what I can into lore entries. I'm 3 pages through it (they are crazy long...) so far. Should be seeing a lot more lore popping up."

Kitty claims, "Help board"

Kinaed claims to Lisel, "Sure :)"

Lisel says, "I joined the FB page today"

Lisel says, "Thanks kitty"

SilverMoon trails off, "I need to join the fb page..."

Tasker states, "That's awesome Niamh, I feed off lore"

Kinaed declares, "Okay, it's the top of the hour. Thank you, everyone, for coming to this week's OOC Chat!"

Cheeky wonders, "Ambitious and kind, thanks! Too late to make a mini game out of some of it for the pbase?"

Lurker declares, "Thanks Kinaed!"

Raspberries waves.

Kinaed trails off, "Teleportation in 3..."

Kinaed says, "2.."

SilverMoon says, "Nooo"
Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Kinaed trails off, "1..."

• Information