Log of OOC Meeting - 2019-04-27

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Temi asks, "Alright then.  Our agenda for today:  1)  Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topics.  Do we have any topics to go on the list already at this point?"

Sparkles says, "I have a topic."

Raspberries says, "I've got a minor thing"

Temi states, "Okay, I've got Sparkles and Raspberries."

Temi claims, "If anyone else comes up with anything while we're going, just let me know and I'll get you on the list."

Scotty mutters, "I want sparkles and raspberries."

Temi queries, "So, staff updates.  Az?"

Raspberries claims, "Sparkles and Raspberries sounds like a dessert."

Azarial says, "I've been trying to chase down some recent oddities, of which I am finding that are simply much older legacy bugs that have come to light through unexpected command usage.  And a crash bug or two."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "That can be pretty time consuming."

Azarial claims, "Oh yeah."

Temi claims, "Looking back at the changes list...  hm... nothing too exciting."

Empire claims, "Azarial, should the reply bug be fixed by now? I still have the odd issue here and there."

Temi says, "Should be mostly weird bug things."

Azarial claims, "Still trying to trace that one."

Empire nods.

Kuzco states, "I have it too."

Temi queries, "Do you need help from people on figuring out what the cases are, or got enough info and just need to trace code?"

Azarial claims, "I'm not sure what the replciation case is atm."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Okay - if you can replicate reliably, please post a bug report for Az."

Empire says, "Will do."

Brando nods

Temi states, "Or if you notice anything in common about when it's happening."

Kitty says, "Reply bug is with certain people, I've found. Some I can reply to, some i can't. And it's consistent. I can't reply to the same people... all the time."

Azarial says, "Hmmm.  that;s interesting."

Raspberries claims, "Interesting"

Scotty claims, "I wonder if it had to do with those that were shifted over to the staff slots that one day"

Sparkles wonders, "Is there something common between the characters it seems to affect?"

Raspberries queries, "This stated before that, didn't it?"

Azarial states, "I crosschecked the tables; that was an incorrect flag translation."

Empire says, "I had thought guild leaders only, but it doesn't appear to be the case."

Temi has transferred Kirill.  [OOC]

Temi gives an octagonal crystal of vivid, purple-hued Amhurst amethyst to Kirill.

Kirill says, "Thanks."

Scotty licks Kirill. 

Temi says, "Okay - if you see anything new, please do post the bug note."

Temi queries, "Anything else to add, Az?"

Kirill puts an octagonal crystal of vivid, purple-hued Amhurst amethyst in an elegant suede satchel bearing several pockets and clasps.

Kitty says, "Uhm... I'll see? But I don't think so... maybe? I'll see if I can find a common denominator between ones I can't reply to."

Kuzco has lost link.
Kuzco has reconnected.

Scotty starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Azarial claims, "Not that I can think of, no"

Scotty finishes his note.

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Okay then.  On to me... I've been doing some prep work for the suitor's visit this weekend."

Temi says, "But otherwise mostly plots and such."

Kuzco says, "Thanks for all the hard work on that, Tmei"

Kuzco says, "Temi"

Galax nod nods.

Temi says, "I think I've got the turf wars stuff scoped out, but I need to form it into a functional spec format.  So you'll have to wait to see it still."

Temi says, "It may still need a few things once I've organized it."

Temi states, "But anyways!  Moving on... player heartbeat."

Temi questions, "How's RP been this week?  How's everything feel?"

Kuzco says, "It's been good. I'm trying to chase many leads at once, and I've been busy IRL, but overall all is well."

Scotty says, "It's been okay. I have been super tired, and getting over being sick so I havne't be at the top of my game, but I am loving it as always. "

Empire says, "Pretty tame. I think it's a good thing, given the endless amounts of excitement these last 3."

Kuzco says, "I'm appreciative of people being nice to troubadours who perform, such as giving them tips or free drinks, or asking them for private counsel"

Kitty asks, "Slower week, but those weeks happen. Ebbs and flows happen. But hey, look at the who list today?"

Temi queries, "Sounds like a quieter week from what I've heard, but don't know if that's bothering anyone?"

Aukanaii claims, "I've not had a ton of time to play but as a newbie i can say everyone has both been super kind and understanding of me not knowing wtf im doing"

Galax states, "I've been con sick, so out of things a bit. What little I had a chance to get into was good, despite it being a slow week."

Brando says, "It was a hectic week for me and the RP was hard and fast and long ... 3 big scenes in a row for me and i felt burnt out and took two RL days rest to recover."

Sparkles says, "I've had some really fun and interesting scenes, though I've had some hmm, things that kind of dead-ended from lack of response, but I do hope I can maybe still those coals."

Empire says, "GMT times have been uber dead, though. Sometimes I'm the only person online, but such is life."

Adala states, "I've enjoyed the rp with everyone, but wasn't around last week, but everything has been great. Love all the oppertunities."

Empire says, "Or EU time. Whatever. :3"

Scotty exclaims, "Empire, I try to be on for you! *winkie face*"

Scotty claims, "And then ignore you to grind out skills >_<"

Temi muses, "Alright.. anything bothering anyone that staff ought to know about?  Besides topics you have on the list"

Kuzco says, "Oh, well, a little something"

Kuzco states, "I'm not sure how to react to players who always, without fault, without exception, enter a scene and idle out after a couple emotes."

Empire claims, "^"

Empire claims, "Or linkdead, every scene, without fail, to idle out."

Kuzco states, "Specially since they want in in my guild, and I'm like 'you do that in front of the Queen and I'll strangle you in the forest'"

Kitty says, "Narcolepsy. I say... they fall over asleep, face in ale."

Temi muses, "Just one person or a wider issue?"

Raspberries states, "Well from past experience that can be difficult to know. it could be one person across alts"

Kuzco says, "About 3 or 4 people"

Sparkles claims, "You super want to include people, but it's hard to balance including them in something like say a performance that requires people being able to keep to turn time and such."

Kuzco muses, "So if it's a super casual tavern scene, I just gloss over this, but when they want to hire me, or enter my guild, or propose a business dealing...?"

Kuzco declares, "Imagine if it was something more PvP-ey!"

Temi claims, "Well, if it's an ongoing issue with certain people, let us know, and staff can see if there's a larger issue."

Temi claims, "I haven't seen it myself, but certainly can believe it's happening, and if it's disrespect instead of a bad connection, maybe we can do something.  And if it's a bad connection... maybe they can warn better."

Kirill points at his whois. >_>

Temi grins.

Temi declares, "Preposterous stories, huh?  Well.. look out world!"

Kitty trails off, "I actually pointed someone at Kirill's whois earlier today when it came up..."

Elysaveta claims, "Those are the best kinds of stories."

Temi asks, "Alright, well, anything else on people's mind, besides topics?"

Brando says, "Yes. I rpechoed something and it cuased a fuss in RP in the long run as the scene took off like a rocket and somebody asked that we use turns and I agreed and that soured things a little . I apologize if I upset anybody as I was just trying to drive rp and also be inclusive ."

Kitty says, "Indeedy. Especially when the person, themselves, finds out the story later."

Empire says, "*steals Kirill's whois*"

Kuzco says, "Other than that, I'm good."

Temi questions, "Do people understand our policies about turns in general?"

Adala says, "No"

Empire points Adala to 'help turns'.

Temi claims, "Our general policy is try to give people a chance to be included if they want to be and be polite about it, don't steamroll anyone."

Adala nods

Temi states, "But then, if things get tense and there's reason to enforce a hard turn order, we have the turns command available."

Adala claims, "I understand, thanks sorry, still new"

Empire claims, "All good. :)"

Temi states, "This records that it's been requested, and requires that everyone decide on a turn order and make sure everyone has a turn or passes before going on."

Temi claims, "That's the only time we want to be stricter about it, is when people care, so definitely don't feel bad about speaking up about the need for turns when things start getting away from you in scenes you care about."

Raspberries muses, "Does turns apply to combat as well?"

Sparkles muses, "Combat imposes turns already, doesn't it?"

Temi says, "Combat applies turns itself automatically."

Aukanaii states, "I'm pretty sure that combat has already enforced turns"

Kirill says, "They're already coded into combat."

Raspberries states, "Combat has rounds, but someone can go twice if they're at the end of a round"

Sparkles says, "That sounds potentially not intended."

Raspberries claims, "They can end a round and start the next."

Temi claims, "I'm not the arbiter on if it's allowed or not, but just try to be nice to your fellow players."

Kirill states, "Ah. It's always been like that. I think I usually keep the order unless I'm going in for a 'surprise' move."

Kitty says, "It mentions in the combat helpfile that it enforces rounds, and it's polite to keep the same order of turns, but it isn't required - you can go last, and then go first again to gain advantage."

Empire claims, "That's right, Raspberries, and it's really bad form because it gives an unfair advantage."

Aukanaii claims, "I'm pretty sure the helpfile said doing that was against the rules and the spirit of the game"

Kuzco starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi says, "If it becomes an issue, Kin would have to make the ruling."

Kuzco finishes his note.

Raspberries nods.

Brando states, "Noted. thanks for clearing up any confusion Temi. much appreciated."

Raspberries muses, "So would turns trump that in combat?"

Temi states, "That would be a question for Kin"

Raspberries states, "Okay."

Temi wonders, "Okay, moving on then!  Player topics.  Sparkles?"

Sparkles claims, "I'd like to bring up an issue with the code update to the keys/doors system. Presently, if you have an object in your inventory that locks, say - a jewelry box. That if your box and your item and you need/want to unlock it at say a friend's house you currently cannot do that as you don't have door privs in a room and it flags you using something on your person that you brought in and our of the room as a crime/policy thing."

Raspberries states, "Oooh, yeah that's not good."

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries claims, "Sounds like an issue for the bug board though"

Temi states, "Hm.  I think it's an unintended side effect."

Raspberries states, "There's still ongoing bugs with the system. like adding someone to permissions for one door adds it to every door attached to the room"

Temi muses, "I don't think we could prevent people from unlocking their own boxes and still alert for other people's boxes.  What would people rather - locking down containers in a room or free unlocking on them?"

Temi says, "I think that was an accepted limitation of the system, as it tracks on rooms."

Sparkles states, "If the flag is already raised that you broke into a room, an alert on every additional thing you might be breaking into in the room seems redundant. So in theory if you are somewhere you shouldn't be, it already flagged for you to get in there."

Kitty asks, "I know someone gave me a key the other day, then had me test it, and it told me Reeves were being alerted and I needed to cnote theft, or something - but, it was a legit unlocking of the room because I had been given a key. (Not the GL thing, different situation.) So, is it a certain security of door that is setting off these alerts?"

Sparkles claims, "People forget to properly give the key itself the code permissions in addition to the RP I think."

Raspberries claims, "Not reeves alerted, just staff. anything that would alert reeves would be stopped if you have autowarn on"

Azarial claims, "Having a key is no longer permission to enter."

Empire muses, "I think, also, doors must be secure allow'ed from both sides?"

Elysaveta states, "Yeah, you need to give someone permission, in addition to a key."

Kirill says, "I don't think keys require permissions anymore, the doors."

Raspberries claims, "Not on the keys anymore Sparkles, just permissions on doors"

Elysaveta says, "Since they could also just steal the key, and break in that way."

Kirill questions, "Doors secured from the inside should set both ways?"

Azarial states, "Should"

Raspberries claims, "In that case, just forgot I hadn't given them permisson for the door yet"

Temi states, "I'm not sure on all the details, but probably a good idea."

Raspberries says, "And you can only do it from the inside"

Sparkles claims, "I admit the RP on some of the new system confuses me."

Azarial claims, "You can only do it form the room you own"

Empire states, "I can secure my phome door from both sides, and each side has its own secure list."

Empire says, "Ohhhh. Wait. Garden is part of my home. But still, both sides has its own secure list."

Raspberries nods.

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Each room you own would."

Adala states, "I am eligable for a phome but I haven't the foggiest about how to go about it. So no problems here with that"

Kitty claims, "Ok, so... it's not a certain security level, that's basically my question answered."

Raspberries claims, "There's a phome request form on the website if that's easier for you Adala"

Temi says, "Alright.  If there's actual bugs, do post bug reports.  But we'll consider about that limitation."

Temi questions, "Moving on, Raspberries, you had a topic?"

Raspberries nods.

Raspberries claims, "This might be another Kin question, but I just wanted to ask again about priorities for implementing stuff. Could staff bring back the routine posts on what's on the docket with a general order of priority, and what's been implemented? There's an archive of such posts (https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=50), but we haven't had any new ones in a few years."

Elysaveta says, "And 'help phome' is useful. There's also a guide on the forums somewhere about writing the needed things in your phome requests."

Temi claims, "Az has been doing a lot of stuff on bugs, which he'll fix as he's able to sort them out.  Sometimes, that applies on figuring out proposed systems too."

Temi states, "But as for specific priority projects and whatnot, yeah, that's Kin.  I don't know that she's been interjecting too much except if things come up as a priority, and then that's really just the next thing."

Jiraiya is idle.

Jiraiya is no longer idle.

Raspberries questions, "I guess my suggestion then is asking if Kin can assign priotites and list them like she did before?"

Temi claims, "We can certainly mention it to her."

Sparkles questions, "Or maybe just close/move posts on things already implemented?"

Temi states, "Stuff is in a different priority list on the forums versus what Az gets and it's not necessarily easy to tie things back together, nor is it the same person."

Temi questions, "And I don't have time to mess with that... so... we can mention that you care about it.  Does anyone else?"

Kuzco wonders, "Anyone else what, madam?"

Kirill states, "Care about it."

Aukanaii says, "Have something to say, I think x3"

Brando is idle.

Brando is no longer idle.
Brando has returned from AFK.

Jiraiya has returned from AFK.

Azarial states, "I get the feeling that that is a 'no'."

Temi says, "Think that the paperwork stuff for keeping track of what's been done or is being done should be a staff priority"

Temi nods at Aukanaii.

Kuzco states, "I admittedly am not rolling in the deep with Adele over it."

Empire states, "It would be nice to get my morning hype tea going, but I'm mostly indifferent."

Kirill muses, "Was that the last topic?"

Temi nods.

Kirill claims, "Okay! Before we wrap things up... just a quick reminder that we have an event planned after the chat! I'll send out messengers after a short break. Also just a heads up that I hurt myself earlier in the week, am in some pain, and may not be mentally 'all here'."

Temi states, "I think so, was just waiting on what Aukanaii had to add"

Scotty says, "The only priority I want, is for TI to go VR"

Kirill is medicating.

Aukanaii states, "Oh i didn't have anything to add my bad friendo I mean your 'does anyone else', poor phrasing, sorry"

Empire says, "I'm with Scotty on this."

Temi says, "Ahh, okay"

Azarial states, "I think you can do that on your own, though you would need to know how to touch type."

Kuzco pontificates, "Additionally, I could use with more original character art for the Facebook page, I'm almost out of characters!"

Temi wonders, "Okay then.  Anyone else have anything they want to add or go over before we wrap things up?"

Brando claims, "Dont forget to recommend the characters who RP'ed very well this week with you ok. You get rewarded back also. help recommend ."

Empire pontificates, "Yes! Recommend those you enjoy RPing with!"

Temi states, "Okay - oh, I have one more thing."

Temi claims, "Kin wants us to move the OOC chat one hour later, since the current time isn't working well for her."

Kuzco states, "I could also remind the players to post a TI review in https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/"

Raspberries says, "That's be great for me"

Temi states, "So this will be the starting time starting next week  - I'll post about it and adjust the helpfile."

Kirill has no objections.

Raspberries cheers!

Brando nods

Empire will start to miss them, but if it works for others better, then sure.

Jiraiya states, "I need to go home and lie down. Ciao guys."

Temi states, "I think everyone gets more out of it when Kin can be here, so should help everyone."

Jiraiya waves.

Jiraiya begins to descend.

Kirill nods.

Jiraiya leaves down.

Temi claims, "And that brings us to an end... definitely join in on the events!  I'll go ahead and send folks back."

Raspberries waves.

Aukanaii waves.

• Information