curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees. 

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
Starstarfish is here.
Tasker is here.
Elysaveta is here.
Brando is seated upon an intricately carved exotic wooden seat, made from eucalyptus wood.
Empire is settled within a throne of air.
Kitty has plopped down onto the floor.
Temi is here.
Azarial is here.

Temi has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Temi gives a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear to Wimpled.

Temi has transferred Viper.  [OOC]

Temi gives a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear to Viper.

(visnet) Player Kirill: I'll go!

Temi has transferred Kirill.  [OOC]

Temi gives a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear to Kirill.

Kirill gets an impaled, black licorice tentacle from a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear.

Kirill eats an impaled, black licorice tentacle.

Temi states, "Alright, we'll go ahead and get started.  Can I get any volunteers to scribe for us today?  This essentially involves logging the meeting and posting it on the forums for those who couldn't be here today, in exchange for a little QP."

Kuzco claims, "I can do it."

Tasker claims, "You mad lad"

Temi has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

Temi exclaims, "Thanks Kuzco!"

Temi wonders, "Now, our agenda for today is 1)  Staff Updates,  2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topics.  I've already got Kuzco and a submitted topic.  Anyone else that would like to get on the list at this point?"

Starstarfish states, "I'd like to bring up a topic."

Empire claims, "I'll only be chiming in on the player heartbeat. :)"

Temi states, "That's just fine"

Temi has transferred galax.  [OOC]

Temi gives a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear to galax.

Temi questions, "Anyone else, before we get going on the agenda?"

Temi claims, "Okay.  Feel free to let us know as we continue on if something comes to mind and I'll get you added onto the list."

Temi declaims, "So, staff topics!"

Temi states, "Well, staff update.  I'll start off, since I'm already talking.. still working on the safety/security/turf wars spec - finally making some good progress there.  And I'm gearing up for the royal suitors event stuff, doing plots related to that and preparing for their visits."

Temi says, "But, life is always a little crazy.  Y'know how it goes."

Temi muses, "Az?"

Azarial says, "Just picking at the bug list this week; nothing major or memorable."

Temi says, "Taking a look at the changes list... I think it's mainly various bug things, yeah."

Temi claims, "And Kin is on vacation, and Niamh has been doing some big plot stuff a few of you may have noticed."

Sibylle dul Fontaine tells you, "Got your letter. Sorry the story isn't one that pops while I'm ever around!"

Temi claims, "Her tentacles weren't even licorice."

Temi grins.

You reply to Sibylle dul Fontaine, "It popped at like 2am server, it's cool."

Elysaveta claims, "They should be."

Elysaveta nods.

Temi wonders, "But anyway!  Player heartbeat.  How's RP been this week folks?"

Brando claims, "My character was RP active with 30 hours P level excellent] and was online 58 hours L level excellent]. They earned over 30,000+ RPXP this week. I thank everyone who RP'ed with my character and I also thank staff for playing that tentacle demon plot this week. I had extreme fun playing this week and my character achieved some benchmarks I had set for them and they underwent a slight character arc where their backstory evolved to be more concrete as I have read some help files which helped me greatly."

Tasker declaims, "Wooo!"

Tasker claims, "Have to give 100 claps to Niamh for running this plot, it's pretty dang cool."

Temi pontificates to Brando, "That's always exciting!"

Tasker states, "ITS THE END OF DAYS PEOPLE"

Tasker claims, "THE END TIMES WITH THE TWIN TAILED COMET"

Empire claims, "RP has been fantastic. Really cataclysmic vibes. PC's losing hope and whatnot."

Empire declares, "And yes, I am really grateful for Niamh laying down a plot which has gotten two PC's killed now!"

Kirill says, "Sounds exciting. Unfortunately, most of the plot stuff has been happening outside of my available hours, so I've felt fairly disengaged from the whole thing so far."

Temi nods at Kirill.

Temi claims, "I haven't been able to get too involved with it myself"

Elysaveta says, "Always happy for big plots, and looking forward to the one coming up too."

Galax says, "I've enjoyed the shift in mood and tone this plot has given a lot of the RP surrounding it, even if I don't get to be uber-closely involved with it."

Starstarfish says, "I uh - I can't say that I'd neccessarily label my experience this week as RP."

Temi nods at Starstarfish.

Empire claims, "I'm actually fairly pleased that people within strange time zones get some love with intrinsic RP."

Temi states, "That's probably a special case."

Brando states, "Well RP has been extreme .. of that 30hrs RP my character achieved .. 15hrs was nonstop at legendary RP gains. It was insane.  :o"

Temi wonders, "Okay.. anything else shitting anybody that staff ought to know about?"

Brando claims, "Yes. I have an issue with pace and horses/mounts."

Temi queries, "Yeah?"

Kuzco says, "I will speak during my topic."

Temi nods at Kuzco.

Brando questions, "The system doesnt retain the pace my character possessed when they mounted the horse/mount and when they dismount it dumps them into walking pace. This is highly annoying even though it is simply fixed by utilizing the pace code . But sometimes I forget and it eats my MV/movement up. Can that be looked at please?"

Azarial states, "Well, when you climb off a horse, you're not going to be sprinting."

Temi questions, "You mean you're usually at a crawl pace?"

Brando says, "I agree. My character has been crawling around due to injuries."

Temi nods.

Starstarfish says, "If you are that injured you potentially shouldn't be walking around."

Temi says, "Crawling would generally be considered an exception, not something we'd want people to use as a default, bu t if there's specific needs to use it for an extended period of time, you might consider an alias to dismount and then switch your pace"

Temi muses, "Do people have a lot of issue with this in general?  We default back to walking because we expect anything else to be exceptions"

Kuzco states, "No."

Kitty head shakes.

Elysaveta states, "Not really, but I'm usually walking anyway."

Kirill claims, "Nope, no issues."

Temi has transferred Raspberries.  [OOC]

Temi gives a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear to Raspberries.

Brando states, "I thought crawling pace was just a very slow pace... if it actually expressedly means literally crawling then I will have to reassess how I play when moving around. Yes Temi I read about aliases and multiple codes at once today by using help random. I shall do that."

Wimpled claims, "I've always understood it as actually crawling. "

Kirill states, "Same."

Wimpled claims, "I think the default when you walk around is that "X crawls across the room.""

Elysaveta nods.

Wimpled states, "Insofar as what is expressed to others."

Raspberries begins to move east.

Raspberries slows to a halt.

Raspberries begins to move west.

Raspberries crawls across the center of the room.

Raspberries slows to a halt.

Temi states, "It doesn't have to be an actual crawl, necessarily, though it often would be, but it at least be a painfully slow walk movement, not just an 'amble'."

Viper is idle.

Temi states, "And if you don't have a diremote to describe it, people will probably assume an actual crawl"

Brando says, "I made sure my demote detailed my very slow pace at very subdued slow walk."

Temi says, "Okay, let's move on to player topics."

Temi says, "To start, I have a PSA request from Ordo, who wasn't going to be able to make it"

Temi claims, "I'd like to remind those with Troubadour and Physician passes to carefully read the rules shown when you enter Ahalin through the service entrance. I've just become aware that you submit to a search where ALL your belongings except clothing are removed. If you are a Physician your medicine kit is replaced with a standard one, and Troubadours have their instruments replaced with a standard instrument. In the past we have had visitors come in and leave food and other items for prisoners. While there was no harm, no foul, that's technically not allowed and you should send such items to the Reeves if you want them delivered to a prisoner."

Kuzco says, "I have amended my behaviour on that in the past, after a careful re-reading, thank you."

Temi nods.

Temi asks, "Any questions about it, or concerns?"

Kuzco states, "No, it's pretty clear, I just... forgot, after a time. And reminded myself."

Raspberries states, "Can be worked around with RPA, yes>"

Temi nods.

Raspberries nods.

Temi says, "With RPA enacted before doing it, we'll tell you what the exceptions are."

Temi says, "To note, that would likely be hiding things on yourself, not speaking for the Reeves to be 'oh, yeah, I'm sure they wouldn't mind'"

Raspberries nods.

Temi asks, "Okay then, continuing on.  Kuzco, you had a topic?"

Kuzco says: "I would like to express that I am sorely disappointed with how things surrounded and led to Empena's death, from an OOC perspective. Time and again I have tried to assume the best out of all actors involved, and this has been insufficient regarding this case. The amount of malice, distrust, unwillingness to listen, and plain hostility are new to me, in my 3 years of mudding here. I really did not want to get mucked in the drama, I fought it tooth and nail, I failed, so here I am."

"I am disappointed in the liberal approach to rules which, while not technically illegal, are clearly scummy and work against a healthy environment of fun and collective story writing."

"I'm disappointed in the politically tailored apping of disposable characters."

"While always remembering staff is volunteer and selflessly works for our enjoyment, I'm disappointed in the inconsistent resolution of policy cases which confound me and make me fearful of action or lack thereof, that could tangentially piss someone off."

"I'm disappointed in the effectiveness of the strategic deployment of policy cases -- if I have learned anything from this ordeal, it's that unfortunately it just works."

"I'm disappointed in myself too, for letting all this, finally, at last, get to me and sour my mood and my approach to TI:L. This is a game where I should plug off the bullshit I must endure in my day job, not another source of it. This is not what I signed up for."

"Thank you for listening."

Raspberries claims, "Bribes can be fun, too."

Temi says, "Staff will be discussing all the Empena related stuff and policy.  Unfortunately, everything is a bit complicated by Kin's being out."

Kuzco nods.

Viper is no longer idle.

Temi claims, "And obviously, we all know that all the OOC stuff gets to everyone, and we don't hold it against anyone that's feeling grumpy.  Hopefully we can avoid that."

Kuzco nods.

Empire states, "I would like to discuss the Empena case with staff tomorrow, if possible."

Temi questions, "I don't think I follow the political app point?"

Empire states, "Considering how the situation was handled, I feel like there can be a resolution to it."

Galax is idle.

Kuzco says, "I will not be naming names."

Galax is no longer idle.
Galax has returned from AFK.

Temi states, "Okay, well, if you do want to let us know about the specifics of what you're meaning there later.. I really don't follow at all."

Kuzco states, "Very well."

Temi states, "I don't think staff will be pulling anyone in to meet and discuss out the situation, but I'm sure if you have any information or concerns, we'd be glad to hear from you."

Temi says, "We've been having a hard time all catching each other to even talk ourselves."

Kuzco nods.

Temi says, "Obviously, we try to keep everything as consistent and fair as possible for policy stuff  - though normally I try to stay out of it as much as possible, because it stresses me out - but obviously, we're all still human."

Empire claims, "I'm talking about IC related incidents post-hanging."

Kuzco nods.

Empire states, "I can't be too specific here, of course."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "Feel free to post us a request board with any info we should be taking into account"

Temi wonders, "Okay, we happy to move on now then?"

Raspberries nods.

Brando claims, "Real Life comes first in my books. It is just a game ok. I implore my fellow players to remember that. Empena's death also upset me to but I have faith in staff and that they hold the very best intentions for continuity of RP storylines."

Kuzco nods.

Temi asks, "Okay, Starstar, you had a topic?"

Empire claims, "Absolutely, Temi. I feel like this might have an implication on the turn-out of the event."

Tasker sneezes loudly.

Starstarfish states, "I'd like a discussion about the consideration that execution code work more like combat or the arrest code and be set up to naturally allow for emotes and RP between the stages. Most people linger around seeking the RPXP during and after an execution often at Heroic or Legendary gains for a time anyways."

Temi queries, "How do you foresee that working?"

Starstarfish asks, "You mean codewise?"

Raspberries says, "I had a question about the current threaded implementation actually"

Temi nods at Starstarfish.

Temi nods at Raspberries.

Raspberries questions, "Are started threads like crafting and executions interrupted by combat?"

Azarial says, "Combat should not interrupt executions."

Temi claims, "Some threads are... like magic does sometimes, I think.  But it sounds like not executions."

Azarial says, "Execution durations tend to rely on how many hitpoints are left, unless you lose the roll of the dice and you have your head ripped off."

Raspberries states, "Win*"

Elysaveta says, "Ouch."

Starstarfish states, "Well I admit that the set up at present that allows for zero chance for say interruption or interference is a bit ... handwavy for something so serious. It requires a heavy amount of trust and respect that RP will be allowed."

Kirill wonders, "Did anyone use the TURNS command during all of that?"

Azarial says, "If hangings were more common I'd actually fix the code that dumps it in someone's inventory after a good catch"

Starstarfish states, "There wasn't time to request Turns."

Kuzco says to Kirill, "No."

Starstarfish states, "But then I admit, it's never been an issue before so the idea to do that never occurred to me."

Temi says, "I don't know that we're opposed to an update to the execution systems to make them more RP friendly"

Raspberries claims, "Turns in huge public events are more confusing than a help though, it's nearly impossible to tel whose turn it is when there's so many gathered"

Tasker claims, "There was a lot of time from what I saw, I arrived pretty late and 10 minutes managed to pass before the lever was pulled. People rarely do the turns command, anyway. "

Kirill says, "I think it's less about WHOSE turn it is and more being mindful about not just bulldozing fellow players in a tense scene."

Temi says, "But we'd have to account for people not wanting to RP out their execution and being a pain about it though"

Raspberries nods at Temi.

Kirill says, "Or letting folks now you want a turn before the lever drops."

Kuzco claims, "Ten minutes passed because people were being mindful of other people."

Elysaveta says, "Maybe an Osay to that point might help? Or just a general reminder, since big scenes are always pretty chaotic."

Temi says, "And coded turns, like are in combat... are pretty rough, especially expanding past combat."

Brando claims, "I disagree to an extent on that .. who goes next each turn should be based on ones prestige . From The Queen down to slaves."

Kitty questions, "Why should turns have to do anything with prestige?"

Starstarfish says, "Then build in an option for folks who don't want to RP anything."

Elysaveta says, "Turns are more of an OOC tool, than based on IC prestige."

Raspberries says, "See help turns, if you're not familiar"

Temi claims to Brando, "Well, that could make sense for ICly who gets their say, but there's nothing that requires people to be polite."

Kirill muses, "It's all hindsight twenty-twenty with these kinds of things, but maybe note for self in the future -- politely request a chance to emote once before the execution command is used?"

Starstarfish states, "Also some people don't even emote once in ten minutes, let's be honest. TI has never been a fast paced posting game, it's not our culture, so calling ten minutes a lot of time I think is ... inaccurate."

Kirill states, "If I were expecting it, I wouldn't think to ask for it."

Kirill says, "But maybe best not to expect it."

Temi says, "We do have an expected time frame for someone to be able to write up an emote of 5 minutes."

Temi says, "We don't necessarily want to punish people who want to take longer than that, but I don't think we want to expect others to have to wait for them either."

Kirill states, "Yeah, but if this is going to be your last emote on that character ever... we could all be a little more understanding maybe."

Raspberries states, "It was obvious that she was in the process of writing a pose- she had rolled CHA"

Kuzco nods.

Temi nods.

Wimpled claims, "Agreed with Kirill on that last bit. "

Kirill states, "And a little more patient."

Raspberries nods.

Kitty claims, "In large scenes, though, I don't think every person emotes every 5 minutes. I know I don't. I just figured time between emotes is expected to be about that."

Elysaveta states, "I think in a big scene, writing a bit more quickly/shorter doesn't hurt, just generally. But I can't speak to what happened in this case, since I saw very little of it."

Kuzco claims, "There were 12 PCs there at one point."

Temi says, "But yeah, certainly not opposed to giving people a little understanding.  And would encourage everyone to always be mindful of their fellow players and treating them like you'd like to be treated."

Elysaveta nods.

Temi says, "Obviously, not always possible, and stuff gets tense, and we defer to code in the cases we can't handle things with just being nice"

Starstarfish claims, "Hence the suggestion to code it."

Starstarfish states, "Make it like combat or anything else, you get 5 minutes and the turn rolls on. Maybe there's X number of back and forths and then tada."

Raspberries says, "I think codify it, not code it."

Raspberries states, "If it were coded, I would just avoid those kinds of scenes"

INFO> A daemon has written a new note, Edit of Plot Advancement 1178 Blessings and Salt, against No Header, on the Plots board.

Temi says, "Like I said, we're open to suggestions on how to handle it."

Kirill states, "I generally try to avoid being executed."

Starstarfish says, "Yes, well."

Kirill chuckles.

Temi says, "Maybe we could handle something like extending the amount of time that executions take, with a larger minimum"

Temi claims, "Actual turns... the code is pretty messy."

Kuzco questions, "Make it a policy requirement to be mindful of the person being executed?"

Wimpled says, "Adding to the helpfile for execute may help.  A flag that executions are coded and there is generally not time for a pose to happen once the command has been given.  Check in with the victim to see if they have anything to pose before closing out the scene with the command. "

Kirill states, "The process takes a bit longer, but once it has started it has started."

Kirill says, "That sounds reasonable."

Elysaveta nods.

Wimpled says, "Or extend the amount of time between use of command and finalization and allow the person to pose.  Just not constant room spam during the time."

Starstarfish states, "Policy only helps after the fact."

Kirill claims, "Yeah, I'm thinking what Wimpled is thinking."

Galax is idle.

Temi nods.

Kirill says, "Print a warning to the person being executed that they have 5 minutes to emote if they want to, or allow them to hurry the command along or something."

Galax is no longer idle.
Galax has returned from AFK.

Kirill says, "If they're already ready, no reason to delay."

Temi says, "Alright, well, I'll add it onto the staff discussion list."

Kitty says, "Would it be possible to, after triggering the code, have it actually.... go... after one last emote from the person being executed, with an echo to them that it is their last allowed emote? Or... yeah, what Kirill just said."

Kitty types too slow today.

Temi questions, "Does anyone have anything else to discuss before I send everybody back?"

Wimpled has lost link.
Wimpled has reconnected.

Raspberries states, "Just kudos to Niamh on her plot."

Temi states to Kitty, "The problem is uncooperative executees."

Azarial states, "Which have been the vast majority."

Kitty nods.

Kuzco nods.

Raspberries claims, "Remember you can recommend staffers to, if you enjoy what they do"

Galax nods.

Temi claims, "Okay.  We'll pass on the kudos.  And send you all back to enjoy the tentacles... or whatever one does with tentacles."

Brando says, "Don't forget to recommend your fellow PC's for carrying out various actions stated in the <help recommend > file. You can earn QP's for doing that and recommends award both QP's and Rec Levels to the PC you are recommending if they are approved of by Staff. It is a win win for everyone."

Elysaveta asks, "Eat them?"

Azarial wonders, "'eat' them?"

Elysaveta claims, "Oh my."

Kirill waves.

Raspberries holds a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear in her hand.

Temi says to Elysaveta, "Especially the licorice ones."

Kirill puts an impaled, black licorice tentacle in a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear.

Galax claims, "There it is folks"

Elysaveta nods at Temi.

Kirill puts a smooth eating skewer, adorned to resemble a Charali spear in an elegant suede satchel bearing several pockets and clasps.

Elysaveta waves.

• Information