Log of OOC Meeting - 3/16/19

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kuzco

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:15 pm

A Comfortable Room

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
     A steaming hot kettle filled with hot chocolate lies here. (western edge) 
     A large barrel of dark ale is here. (center) 
Kirill is here.
Kitty is here.
Elysaveta is here.
Fletcher is here.
[IAW] Azarial is here.
[IAW] Empire sits, cross-legged on a throne of air.
Temi is here.
(WARNING: This is an OOC room. No rpxp is earned in this room, and nothing said or done here is IC.)

Empire eats a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.

Temi has transferred Sparkles.  [OOC]

Temi gives a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm to Kuzco.

Elysaveta declares to Temi, "If only they all tasted like eclairs!"

Temi gives a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm to Sparkles.

Kuzco examines a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.
Baked with a unique, elbow-like bend in the middle, this light, fluffy eclair
takes the resemblance to an arm to the next level: fruit-colored frostings
adorn it in a uniform-style sleeve with an orange lion emblem and thin lines
of icing to divide the hand-knob into fingers.  At the other end, however, a
blob of raspberry filling threatens to ooze out from within, like blood but
arguably much more delicious. 

Kuzco asks, "What's an eclair?"

Kirill eats a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.

Empire claims, "It's a pastry usually topped with chocolate and filled with cream."

Elysaveta states, "It's a pastry shell stuffed with cream and goodness."

Kuzco exclaims, "Thanks!"

Elysaveta says, "And not usually shaped liked severed arms."

Kuzco now wants an eclair IRL.

Sparkles warbles at the thought of more pastries.

Empire questions, "Is it inopportune to make 'your mom' jokes?"

Kitty trails off, "One of my favorite things to get at a donut shop..."

Temi says, "But anyway, yeah, when traitors are drawn and quartered, the body parts are generally sent around the kingdom to be displayed as a warning "

Elysaveta states, "And made into pastries."

Empire has an arm and a leg in Vandago. They call it 'Icewine'.

Fletcher eats a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.

Temi claims, "Especially when they want to make fun of political losers"

Empire states, "How game-of-thrones-ey"

Temi states, "A repeat of my earlier warning.   my internet is out and I am on the phone "

Kirill states, "Oof."

Empire drinks from a large barrel of dark ale.

Temi asks, "Anyone able to volunteer to scribe today?"

Kitty says, "... been there this week. Twice. Not fun."

Kirill says, "This eclair sounds so good."

Kuzco states, "I can do it."

Temi has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe 

Kirill probably shouldn't come to these meetings hungry.

Empire says, "I have 15 eclairs in my fridge. Should probably start eating."

Temi claims, "Thanks Kuzco"

Empire exclaims, "They are bite-sized. I'm not a glutton!"

Kuzco nods.

Kitty peers at Kirill, then grins. "No, they kinda do sound good. But... hungry? Probably better..."

Temi claims, "Agenda today: staff updates, player heartbeat and player topics"

Temi muses, "Anyone have topics to go on the list?"

Kuzco states, "Hmmm."

Empire says, "Uhhh."

Temi holds a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm in her hand.

Temi gives a squeeze of her severed arm eclair, causing raspberry jam and lemon cream to spurt out the severed end. 

Sparkles claims, "Oh"

Kitty snickers.

Kirill says, "I have a topic."

Elysaveta states, "Suddenly less hungry."

Kirill claims, "Also, lol."

Sparkles states, "I have a topic or at least a question that could be a topic."

Temi nods at Kirill.

Kuzco still wants an eclair.

Temi nods at Sparkles.

Empire wonders, "I have a question. Are these body parts spawned in-game or are they spread through the kingdom outside the map?"

Temi claims, "Usually spawned in game but these were vnpcs so we didn't create the same objects the code would "

Temi claims, "Anyway, let me know if anyone else has topics "

Temi states, "My update is not too exciting,  plots and internet issues now"

Temi asks of Azarial, "Az?"

Azarial claims, "I've been working on the bug list, and keeping the typo and request board until control until Niamh returns.  Nothing major comes to mind right off hand.  Two snow days this week killed msot of my working time"

Temi nods.

Azarial says, "I thin there was a crash, but it was minor and quickly fixed; not really worth mentioning."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Norrig thinks about the rumor, recalling:

Empire smiles at Azarial. 

Temi has lost link.
Temi has reconnected.

Temi exclaims, "Okay!  Real internet!"

Temi states, "Hopefully it decides to last now."

Temi states, "I don't see anything besides mostly bug fixes on the change board, so probably nothing else we need to call out."

Temi queries, "We did hear from Niamh that she should be back.. relatively soon, yes?"

Azarial nods.

Temi pontificates, "Okay, great!"

Temi claims, "And Kin is traveling this week and next."

Temi questions, "So.. on to player heartbeat.  How's RP been for folks this week?"

Empire states, "Hard to say. Scarce in GMT, but I've come across folks to have stunning prose."

Empire says, "Who have*"

Temi claims, "That's always nice.  We do have some great writers here."

Kitty queries, "I've been a bit slow this week, but I thought it was me - I've had RL issues. Based on the silence... maybe not?"

Kirill claims, "Good, when I've had time for it. Work's been busy, so I've had less time and energy for RP. Usually it's the casual scenes that suffer, since those tend to be 'lower priority'."

Kuzco claims, "RP has been good, intense too."

Temi nods at Kirill.

Sparkles says, "It's been a bit slow this week at some times I've been on. Hit that only person on Where thing some times."

Temi says, "Know how that goes."

Empire says, "Very intense _>_"

Kuzco says, "I feel I am lacking in casual scenes as well."

Temi queries, "Sounds like there's been some good RP, but maybe less just general hanging out this week?"

Kuzco claims, "But at least I compensate with a gazillion events."

Kitty claims, "There haven't been many people in public, at all."

Empire says, "I agree. Not many have been wandering about publics rooms lately."

Temi wonders, "Do we think there's something keeping people away from public, or just the way things happened to roll this week with OOC?"

Kuzco folds his arms: "Casual scenes tend to be casual. So people some times want to focus on their private, more meaningful scenes, or craft, or stuff."

Empire claims, "Perhaps just the way things roll, in my opinion. More established characters are more often than not in private scenes, furthering their agenda."

Kuzco says, "This is why I try hard to make the bards perform, it usually brings people together and they get to know each other."

Temi nods.

Kitty says, "Personally? Mine was OOC stuff that kept me either private, or off of where at all. Which, hopefully most of that stuff should be, eh, resolved. I think it's just the way this week rolled."

Empire states, "We have a lot of cyans around though, so the inns might start teeming soon."

Temi states, "Yeah, casual scenes are important for getting to know people before the more serious scenes can happen."

Temi claims, "But we don't want just casual scenes either, because the meat of things is why people keep coming back."

Empire declaims, "Sex, violence, magic and politics!"

Temi declaims, "Everyone's favorites!"

Elysaveta says, "Just don't tell the Order."

"... or do" Kitty eyebrow waggles. [Kitty]

Temi says, "Okay, well.. consider hanging out in public when you've got the time, and we'll just hope it swings to a good balance soon."

Elysaveta declaims, "Can't make it too easy for them!"

Empire claims, "I'll keep it more public. Pooling has been a thing for the last two weeks."

Temi queries, "Anything bothering anybody - besides topics on the list - that staff ought to know about?"

Kuzco states, "Hm."

Empire says, "Perhaps one thing, but it might be best boarded."

Kuzco states, "I'd like to remind people to respect metrics in their rumors. I think I've said this before."

Temi nods in agreement.

Empire nods.

Temi muses, "Has that been a problem again lately?"

Kuzco says, "This goes in hand, though, with the vagueness of rumor OOC design"

Kuzco states, "Nah but like, rumor promotes seem to be in a quantic state of representing both ambient vNPCs and your own PC"

Temi nods at Kuzco.

Kuzco questions, "So if your PC really has beef with an Entrenched PC, does the promote have to respect the GLs popularity?"

Temi says, "It's a little complicated.  Think of it as your own views, but tempered by what the populace might repeat."

Kuzco quotes: "I hate that guy, he set my family on fire, but boy does he make the Infrastructure shine!"

Temi claims, "For general complaints?  Yes.  For specific actions or complaints - no, those can be discussed."

Kirill states, "I think that if a comment is about a particular person and his/her actions, it's probably fair as gossip, especially if it's juicy. It's the broad statements about this guild or that guild sucking that we probably want to avoid."

Temi says, "You can't start an 'evrybody hates that guy, he sucks' rumor if he's well-approved of.  But you can make a 'he set some guy's family on fire' rumor."

Temi queries, "Does that help?"

Kuzco nods.

Fletcher says, "Yes it does help."

Kitty questions, "I think that, even if someone is entrenched, there's going to be the occasional person out there that doesn't like them. So, one person might come back with a hatred remark, just... that one person might expect to be... uhm... bashed for it. Maybe?"

Kitty says, "Can't please everybody."

Kuzco says, "There have been GLs who were Entrenched, but many PCs disliked them. I still made an effort to promote general, vague but positive remarks about them, even if my PC disliked them"

Empire says, "I have a pondering idea"

Temi claims, "The occasional person can hate them, but it won't be repeated by the rumor system."

Empire muses, "For non-horse riding individuals, is mv drain on armor maybe not a bit much?"

Temi claims, "To be repeated by the rumor system against the grain, you have to have a juicy fact to talk about."

Temi claims to Empire, "I'll put you on the topic list."

Kitty nods.

Temi asks, "Okay.. continuing on to topics then.  Kirill?"

Kirill states, "I'd like to suggest a fix to the way city influence events work. Right now, any benefits get reset at weekly rollover, which means I've had a few get approved in the middle of the week and only stay into effect for a couple of days. With schedules and availability being what they are, it would seem better to have them simply stay in effect for X number of days, so as not to be affected by staff-side delays or require players to submit on Sunday if they want the longest time."

Kuzco nods.

Temi nods.

Temi states, "I'm not sure if there's a reason why it got set up as it did, or if we just didn't have the fancier set-up when it was created pre-noble-projects."

Temi states, "Maybe that's part of the idea, not being as ideal as noble projects."

Kirill states, "Maybe, but I think it depends too much on availability of a staffer."

Temi states, "But I'll put it on the staff discussion list.  I think we'll need to go over it."

Temi queries, "Unless anyone has further comments on that?"

Kirill states, "I wouldn't mind if it was only 5 days or something relatively short, since they tend to be fairly inexpensive in my opinion."

Temi nods.

Kirill claims, "But for example I have one in the queue right now based on a recent event, and if Niamh popped in and approved it, it'd be gone by rollover tonight."

Temi states, "That makes sense.  We can discuss ways to balance that out."

Kirill pontificates, "I'd appreciate it. That's it for me!"

Temi claims, "They didn't get exercised much before, so we're learning about how they work in play."

Temi queries, "Alright, Sparkles?"

Kirill nods.

Temi has transferred Cheeky.  [OOC]

Temi gives a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm to Cheeky.

Sparkles says, "Recently I was putting together a plot and some IC efforts and I was pondering about the pure volume of just stuff around game sometime. A lot of that comes from the nature of crafting in order to pool and level. But presently there's no really good way after the jobs system was removed to do a lot with that staff rather than junk it. Or possibly use some of it in a plot but I wouldn't want to overwhelm staff."

Kuzco claims, "I tend to junk, donate, or rarely sell my excess crafting junk"

Empire pontificates, "Alms for the Poor!"

Empire claims, "That chest has huge capacity if I am not mistaken."

Sparkles says, "The issue is donating it circulates it around but it doesn't clear up the volume of stuff issue, when I remember it was mentioned about item amount concerns."

Kirill states, "The jobs system... as in bounties? Not sure I follow."

Azarial says, "Items supplied to a plot are removed at the completion of the plot"

Empire claims, "Also true. Producing 40 cupboards will only benefit so many people before woodworkers start going out of business."

Cheeky claims, "I'm for allowing the coded value of items to be used in appropriate plots, myself."

Cheeky questions, "I know salvage has been discussed before without an accepted, balanced design. Maybe salvage could just give you back like 1/3 of the code cost of an item instead of messing about with returned materials?"

Kuzco says to Kirill, "This was a system that came and went while you were on hiatus."

Kirill states, "Ohhh."

Temi nods.

Azarial says, "The blackmarket is a better implementation of bounties"

Kuzco states, "Maybe crafting things could pool more, effectively reducing the amount of junk to be necessarily generated."

Kirill states, "You can sell bulk stuff through the blackmarket, but I guess I'm not sure if we're talking about materials or finished goods or what."

Temi says, "The problem is that people will still make tons of stuff and just advance more quickly."

Empire nods at Kuzco.

Sparkles says, "Yes, which is why I'm pondering if some way to make even five, ten, twenty silver on some things just to get rid of them might be keen."

Azarial says, "Moving items directly through the blackmaerkt is more complex than plots in that there would be no staff oversight, so working in the means to prevent the need for said oversight is taking time."

Kitty claims, "I am not a crafter, but I take it there's no vNPC sale type system here for shops for crafters, to account for what NPCs would purchase. It's PC sales only? So... stuff piles up."

Empire states, "Having the items destroyed, returning a small monetary gain would be a great method to reduce the amount of clutter."

Temi says, "We've already tried to balance things for people to make stuff at a rate people might want to use it and go up relatively slowly, but it has to be able to accommodate people that do more than that."

Empire questions, "Perhaps exporting?"

Temi says, "We have discussed a salvage system, to get some ingredients back from a thing."

Kuzco muses, "I can get rid of items for money through a plot?"

Temi states, "But we don't want people to make money off of spamming crafts"

Kuzco says, "Or maybe in exchange for prestige or something"

Kitty claims, "Right."

Empire takes a hammer to their handiwork.

Sparkles wonders, "Well there are Import/Export assets? So many that could be an option attached to assets in some way? You can get items in, perhaps you can also send items out for money?"

Temi states, "We might be able to get back to salvage, though.  I think there was a code reason it was being difficult which Az has since conquered."

Elysaveta claims, "I think salvage is good for crafters who are "

Elysaveta says, "Learning, that is."

Temi states, "Being able to purchase a limited number of export slots on assets might be interesting, to replace goods."

Sparkles nods.

Temi wonders, "Maybe for a specific type of material?"

Temi queries, "Or generic item type?"

Kirill wonders, "Made by the person in question or just anyone?"

Sparkles says, "Or picking one from the resource list in a similiar way."

Sparkles says, "Well if it was made by anyone or the person it would open up chances of buying it from others."

Temi claims, "I'd say not necessarily made by the person in question.  It could be great RP to go find an exporter."

Temi nods.

Kitty says, "I think we should be careful on the complexity. But if it's specifically for the crafters, they could get a material back based on what the item was made from."

Cheeky says, "I feel like some of these suggestions don't take into account how crafting tends to be used versus, say, the ideal."

Temi states to Kitty, "Salvage will be better for that."

Kuzco says, "At least my food gets consumed, even if just for MV. But woodworkers, jewelers etc, have a harder time."

Sparkles queries, "How does crafting tend to be used?"

Kitty says, "Right. People only need one bed, or one dresser. Once they have it, they don't need another one. Typically."

Temi states, "On material could be interesting though - like you get a 'cloth exporter' and they can send up to x silver of cloth items per week."

Kirill claims, "Well, you have to string stuff and put it up for sale. I worry about making it easier to export than actually sell goods to other players."

Kuzco claims, "Spamming lots and lots and lots of cupboards, then junking them because people don't use a lot of furniture."

Elysaveta nods.

Temi nods at Kirill.

Kirill trails off, "I would buy cheap furniture..."

Kirill states, "If it were available."

Temi states to Kirill, "I worry about that too."

Kirill claims, "If you spam craft and junk your stuff instead of trying to string and sell it, that's on you."

Empire claims, "Furniture is expensive. I'd buy it cheaply as well."

Kitty says, "I think putting a limit on how much could be exported each week could help, like what Temi suggested. That way it's not... abuseable? Unless they give it to someone else to do it, and then... well, ok, so anything can be abused, if they think hard enough."

Empire says, "Then never look back and put our furnishers out of business."

Temi claims, "Well, Az will resume looking at salvage, and I'll put export slots on assets on the staff discussion list."

Kirill claims, "At least with salvage, you get something back to support crafting items that people might actually want to string and sell."

Elysaveta nods.

Temi questions, "Kuzco, you had a topic?"

Kuzco nods.

Kuzco snaps his fingers and the word KUZCO appears behind him in neon lights: "I'm trying to see if I can make a recruitment drive for the game. I would like to hear ideas for it right now, here, but for now I wanted to collect and post original PC art on Facebook, of our PCs. I understand some are willing, others less, so those who want, pboard me please! Or reach me over Discord. I really want more newbies flailing their little cyan arms around."

Kuzco states, "Then I promote this on Reddit and get rich."

Kitty blinks.

Kirill says, "I probably have old PC art I can dig up."

Kirill wonders, "Or does it need to be current characters?"

Kuzco declaims, "I don't think it matters!"

Kitty has no art.

Temi says, "I don't think it would have to be current to be attractive about the theme."

Cheeky claims, "I'd probably run out of time but I'm mildly interested in a game drawing 'contest' with the submitted stuff being published."

Temi states, "Maybe not non-themely stuff."

Kuzco nods at Cheeky.

Kuzco says, "Yeah I don't want to see your hentai Norrig art"

Temi queries, "Do we have artsy people that would participate?"

Kirill claims, "I don't think I'd have time right now to do anything new, but I can submit old character portraits I've done in the past."

Temi claims, "I haven't arted in ages, but I might give it a try."

Kuzco states, "I don't really draw anymore."

Temi claims, "Except, time, yeah."

Cheeky states, "I'd submit some expert stick figures for sure."

Empire states, "We have some returning players as well, Kuzco :)"

Empire states, "I myself am one, among another I met 4 years ago."

Kirill says, "I do love this idea of a recruitment drive."

Kitty states, "Recruitment is neato. I wish I had an artistic eye, or... fingers, or... I've drawn a kangaroo once? A character? ... no."

Elysaveta claims, "So no tentacle demons? Sad."

Empire states, "I'm a music producer. Not much I could to :("

Empire perks, hearing tentacle demons.

Kirill says, "That sounds thematic."

Kuzco says, "I am interested in doing an attractive presentation, yeah"

Kuzco claims, "Not just pounding how good our crafting system is on Reddit, like everybody else"

Kitty states, "I work for a publishing company. My boss lets me design nada. Nothing. Absolutely... nothing. I have the worst eye ever for design. But I can say when something looks pretty."

Elysaveta says, "You can ignore my not serious suggestion then."

Kirill chuckles.

Temi grins.

Kirill queries, "Maybe mini-testimonials?"

Temi says, "Alright.. well, if anyone has ideas, reach out to Kuzco with them."

Kirill questions, "Like... twitter-length?"

Kuzco states, "That wouldn't be bad, if they are interesting"

Temi wonders, "Let's spend our last few minutes on Empire's topic.  You wanted to discuss armor being too tiring?"

Elysaveta states, "Would get set on fire again, 10/10."

Kirill says, "Or some kind of meme contest where players supply the text? Etc. etc."

Cheeky claims, "A strong friendly OOC community to balance the backstabbing social-climbing heretical fetishist IC community seems like a good selling point for advertising IMO."

Kitty states, "Hah. Twitter length. The struggle."

Cheeky says, "So planning out semiregular OOC drives and contests might be worth consideration."

Elysaveta nods.

Kirill nods.

Empire claims, "Yes, Temi. As a non-horse bearing characters tire very quickly from wearing simply leather, even with average dex/str/con"

Azarial states, "That would be the lowish infrastructure"

Cheeky claims, "I think it's also part of armor design so that there's some sort of penalty for being less vulnerable on the reg."

Temi claims, "Armor can be a pretty big advantage, so that is intended to be the drawback why people don't just wear it everywhere - maybe only when they're going out on patrol or hunting or such."

Empire says, "I realize that armor carries weight, though the lightest of the three kinds drains enough to be exhausted by the time you get from River Square from, let's say, the training building place."

Empire states, "Park street, darn."

Temi muses, "Have many people tried armor lately and gotten a feel for how it plays out?"

Kitty says, "As a note, can't armor be worn over clothing? So, it should be able to be removed."

Kuzco claims, "Leather armor is a bit more tiring than what I'd expect, yes. I never thought of this"

Kirill wonders, "Average stats are also pretty... well, average. Why not wait until you get to the training place to put it on?"

Kuzco claims, "But it could also be the low Infra, and low PC stats"

Azarial queries, "Can';t be worn over clothing?"

Empire claims, "It should be wearable over clothing"

Kitty says, "Can be. I yoda talk, sometimes."

Cheeky states, "I don't have accurate current data. But yeah, I would guess it is as much to do with Infrastructure as the weight/mv drain."

Temi nods at Kitty.

Empire states, "I have done comparisons with even heroic stats and it still heavily drains over even short distances."

Empire says, "Leather, specifically. Chain/plate I can understand as you're lugging half a forge with you."

Temi nods.

Kirill states, "I haven't used leather recently, couldn't say. I don't remember it being that bad, but we didn't used to have metrics."

Temi claims, "Alright.  Well, I'll add that to the discussion list as well, looking at how bad the mv drain is, especially for leather."

Temi says, "We do want it to be a real trade-off, but maybe not completely debilitating."

Kuzco claims, "Great."

Kirill says, "I'd also double-check all items to make sure you don't accidentally have something in a non-functional slot marked as plate or whatever."

Kuzco states, "Also check your weight, make sure you don't have 5 cloaks on y ou"

Temi says, "You should be able to see what armor is actually affecting you with the combat command."

Empire declaims, "I have already taken care of that, Kirill :) No plate here!"

Cheeky claims, "Code resting in RP scenes has become more widespread and acceptable, and eating food is a good, quick and relatively cheap way of restoring mv that also supports other PCs."

Kirill claims, "I found I had a bracer on a wrist slot that was being counted as plate a while back."

Empire claims, "I am obsessive over organization of my set and inventory."

Fletcher eats a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.

Temi nods at Cheeky.

Cheeky says, "Sidebar: This is the grossest gift. I love it."

Kirill nods.

Kirill eats a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.

Temi declares, "As long as it makes sense to be ICly eating and resting, we certainly encourage that!"

Kirill holds a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm in his hand.

Kirill gives a squeeze of his severed arm eclair, causing raspberry jam and lemon cream to spurt out the severed end. 

Kitty states, "I... really don't want to take it IG, because I totally don't see my PC having it, but I don't want to get rid of it, either. I'm so torn. It's so... neat."

Elysaveta states, "That use message."

Kitty pets a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm. 

Elysaveta shudders.

Cheeky laughs.

Kirill stops using a light, elbowed eclair decorated to resemble a severed arm.

Kirill states, "So great."

Temi queries, "Okay.  We are over time, so probably done now here, unless anyone has anything else?"

Temi states, "I think we're expecting a Yule party relatively soon."

Kitty Event both today and tomorrow, right?

Elysaveta nods.

Kitty states, "Totally was supposed to be a say. Habit."

Elysaveta pontificates, "According to IC events!"

Cheeky declaims, "Play with someone different this week! As in someone not in your usual circle, or just plain odd. Or both!"
Temi nods at Kitty.

Kitty trails off, "I'm odd..."

Temi pontificates to Kitty, "Then maybe people should play with you!"

Temi trails off, "But maybe not as a toy..."

Kitty says, "I agree. They should. But no, I'm not a toy."

Temi says, "Anyway!  Sending folks back now."

Kirill says, "Thanks for the meeting! Need to finish up my Saturday chores."

Cheeky claims, "Right, no squeezing raspberry filling out."
Kirill waves.

• Information