2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:32 am

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Tasker declaims, "I've got a player topic!"

Kinaed states to Tasker, "Got you :)"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"

Starstarfish states, "I have something to bring up on behalf of another player who couldn't make it."

Kinaed nods at Starstarfish.

Kinaed claims to Starstarfish, "Got you. :)"

Kinaed states, "If you have registered a topic, please remember to pre-write it so you're ready to introduce everyone when called upon. :)"

Kinaed claims, "If I've missed you, or you think up a topic while we're chatting, please send me a tell. Meanwhile, let's kick off Staff Updates."

Kinaed states, "Last week, I handled a few policy cases and made a couple of minor decisions thanks to staff emailing me and saying 'Hey, we haven't seen you in four days and have some outstanding stuff'. Apologies for any delays to anyone, that's totally on me as work is ramping up on my current project."

Kinaed states, "This week, I still have Jail Automation, which I may as well just outright do right after this meeting (the Staff Talking Point list is really small - that's a first) so ... yeah."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Please kick me until I do that today."

Niamh nods.

Niamh states, "Okay."

Kinaed says, "And anything else outstanding, I suppose."

Kuzco states, "WHAT'S UP FOLKS"

Kinaed grins at Kuzco.

GALAX says, "Sky"

Kinaed states to Kuzco, "Just in Staff Updates for now."

Tasker wonders, "J-jail automation?"

Kinaed claims, "Azarial's not here at the moment, so... let's see what we've got."

Kuzco declares, "Love the cookie!"

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "Automatic messages when someone is thrown in jail to tell them what their policy options and RP options are, etc."

MrDowntempo claims, "Not as cool as I had imagined when presented with 'Jail Automation'"

Tasker asks, "Did you imagine robots?"

MrDowntempo nods.

Kuzco exclaims, "Yeah!"

"AUTOMATIC JAIL!" Hopeful snaps her fingers.

Kinaed states, "Okay, if you have the 'city lore' skill, you can look at an early version of the new 'lore leaders' command (it's not finished). The more skill you have, the more information you can glean from that lovely piece of 'who is who in Lithmorran society'"

Kuzco claims, "Magic robots"

Tasker says, "Or like, Ahalin dementors."

Nevan states, "Jails made of robots"

GALAX asks, "So basically, you get put in jail, and there's a 'I'm in jail, what now'? informational text?"

Kuzco says to Kinaed, "Commands)"

Kuzco queries to Kinaed, "Commands?"

Kinaed says, "From what I understand, and as per something Niamh did for us this week, Prestige has taken a major leap forward in getting closer to its 'finished' state."

Kinaed says to Kuzco, "Type 'lore leaders'"

Kuzco claims, "Oh it's -- yeah"

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

Starstarfish states, "I'm very excited with all of the changes."

Kirill exclaims, "Thank you, Niamh!"

Tasker cheers!

GALAX states, "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It sounds like something at the very least to give directionless players another idea of what they could be working on"

Niamh exclaims, "No prob!"

Kinaed says to GALAX, "That's to help both Reeves/Order and prisoners know what people's rights and responsibilities are towards one another when someone's stuck in jail towards RP. Nothing unusual or changing, just some messaging as reminders and also a couple that time things saying 'this person has been in jail for X period and is active' so staff can monitor also."

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

GALAX gives Kinaed a thumbs-up

Nevan claps and cheers!

Kinaed says, "We've made it so alts cannot comment on rumors that their player has already commented on due to apparent 'accidents' of crossover when a character has posted multiple times on a rumor with multiple alts."

Tasker claims, "Can that be sorta expanded to notify Reeves/Order when someone does an automatic visit? I'm not sure how that works, as I've not tried it."

Kinaed claims to Tasker, "Potentially. Making a note"

Tasker says, "Noice"

Kinaed says, "Reading the Completed and Change boards, most other things appear to be small, unnoticeable bug fixes."

Temi states, "I think the plan was for it to go to guild channels as alerts already at least"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Some alerts, some notes."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, that's it for Azarial, I think - next. Temi, what did you do last week, and what's next on your agenda?"

Temi states, "I've got more work to do on the safety/security/guild wars spec, but I -did- complete the revised plot walkthrough and helpfiles as promised."

Temi claims, "Please feel free to read through those and let us know if anything is still not clear."

Temi states, "There's enough to the system that it can seem overwhelming, but really, distilled down to the parts you care about, it's pretty simple."

Kuzco exclaims, "Cool!"

Starstarfish says, "I submitted a comment on a Request board that might be a bug."

Temi states, "Niamh ran through the first part of the plot walkthrough and confirmed to me that it was much less intimidating than she expected."

Kinaed gives thumbs up. "Thank you for going through and streamlining those help files, Temi."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "And... that's all for me for now."

Kinaed states to Temi, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed asks of Niamh, "You're up. What did you do last week, and what's on your plate for this week?"

Niamh says, "This week we had our monthly rollover, so it was go-time on testing Prestige. It was ridiculously smooth, so, it's in and it's working, all the data is prettily populated, and it got cleared to our completed board. There's one little detail left for Az to code, but that won't impact the use of the system day to day. "

Niamh claims, "In un-Prestige-related affairs, the issues folks were having with the website (the 503 errors) have been resolved. I disabled all our plugins and re-enabled one by one until I found the culprit, which was deleted with the fury of a thousand suns."

Niamh states, "Got started on the website devlog, too, which stemmed out of last week's OOC meeting - making it so visitors who stumble on it see activity there rather than a static page. We've got a couple devlog entries and a feature article on Prestige right now."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Thank you for that. It's awesome work."

Niamh says, "For next week, nothing specific planned. I'll be doing whatever pops up that needs doing."

Tasker exclaims, "Awesome!"

Niamh highfives Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "I think she also wrote an advertisement on Reddit about our Seneschal Bids coming up very soon."

Kuzco claims, "Badass."

Niamh nods.

Niamh claims, "The prestige article for anyone that's interested: https://ti-legacy.com/on-the-matter-of-prestige/"

Niamh pontificates, "That's it for me!"

Kinaed states, "Two days, in fact. I want to give Empena a little OOC nod for being our first actual Seneschal since we made a lot of changes to the role and helping us understand how it plays out."

Kinaed claims to Niamh, "Thanks heaps."

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates. :)"

Kinaed questions, "Time for Player Heartbeat. How was the game last week, folks?"

Kinaed queries, "People having fun?"

Kuzco states, "It's been an intense week fo-sho"

GALAX claims, "Exciting as in good exciting here."

Elizabethany pontificates, "I'm having fun and excited!"

Nevan pontificates, "Hell yeah!"

Tasker pontificates, "Had a bunch of awesome scenes this week. Otherwise, same message as before. The Knights have an application going for the Grand Master, 2Gl. If anyone would like to sink their teeth into Knight stuff, now is the time!"

Kirill states, "Event last weekend was fun. Looking forward to tomorrow's IC play."

Kuzco declaims, "We have our comedy musical tomorrow!"

Kirill has returned from AFK.

Kinaed declares, "That's all great stuff to hear. Anything shitting anyone that they want Staff to know about? (that isn't a topic already!)"

Nevan muses, "Why is there a place called murder alley?"

Niamh claims, "For MURDER."

Temi declares, "It has lore!"

Temi grins.

Kirill states, "I'm hoping that whatever is planned for NPCs and mounts gets worked out soon, as there appear to be some half-finished changes in game that are harshing my buzz."

Kinaed claims to Nevan, "You may want to 'look lore' and see ICly :)"

Niamh grins at Temi.

Kinaed wiggles her brows.

Temi says, "A fair amount of lore, I think, actually."

Starstarfish claims, "Ask someone ICly could be a good story."

Nevan declaims, "Sweet!"

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Sorry to ask you to do this, but can you drop me a pboard with a list of things? Our attention may have wandered from NPCs."

Kuzco states, "Just a reminder for folks to try and keep anger IC :)"

Niamh claims to Kinaed, "There's some kind of thing planned for making NPCs able to ride horses, and as a precursor to that there were some changes put in that made retainers and pets no longer follow with their owners if the owner is monted."

Tasker claims, "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO KUZCO"

Niamh says, "That's my understanding of it, at least."

Kirill claims, "I have no idea about any of the context around the changes, so it might be better if another staffer wrote those notes instead."

Niamh states, "*MOUNTED, not monted. That is not a thing."

Kinaed says to Niamh, "Okay, let's put it on Staff Talking points and discuss it."

Niamh nods.

Temi finishes her note.

Temi says, "Got it on there."

Niamh claims to Temi, "LIGHTNING speed."

Kirill pontificates, "Thank you!"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, anyone have anything else to add? If not, let's move on to Player Topics. Tasker, you're the first on our list. Care to introduce everyone to your topic?"

Kinaed smiles at Kirill.

Kinaed states to Kirill, "Thanks for letting me know that we need to look at it again"

Tasker states, "I've noticed a worrying IC trend lately concerning peoples reaction to magic, and mages. Over time it's slowly become the norm for civilians and unsanctioned individuals to try and fight mages, and magic. It seems to me that certain people disregard the theme around Taint, and while it isn't a coded mechanic anymore it's certinally still a thing. Thematically this is a big no-no, it is basically willingly inviting taint into your soul. For a Davite, this is about the worst thing that could happen to them, as if they died with taint in their soul they'd never reach the wellspring... which is what Davism is all about. A Knight is trained to do this, both with Knightly virtues to keep them on the path and well structured support system within the clergy. Anyone else seen to be doing this would be highly suspect, even if they had good intentions, for they would show themselves as a person who doesn't really care about accruing taint. They would likely get a visit from the Inquisition, subject to review.

I'd just like to remind people to take extra care when their character responds to magic and mages, and understand that Taint is about the worst thing for a Davite to expose themselves to willingly. Of course there are exceptions to this, but overall it's pretty clear cut."

Kinaed coughs, 'Taint is coded and detectable by certain means in game.'

Tasker states, "Are u sure"

Kirill states, "Pretty sure taint is coded."

Kinaed peers curiously at her staff to see if that's incorrect.

Tasker pontificates, "Heck, well regardless, the points still stands!"

Kuzco nods.

Elizabethany says, "I would like to remind knights and other people in charge to be careful with how you handle the magic situations yourself."

Tasker questions, "In what regard?"

Elizabethany states, "Sending all the normies away to go hide and cower in a corner while you do the fun RP is not necessarily... encouraging to the correct behavior you want."

Kuzco says to Tasker: "I'll keep this in mind, thanks."

Kinaed says, "Yeah, pretty sure. But yes, the point not only stands, it's one that implies that maybe taint should cause more problems if people are so eager and willing to engage with magic. *ponder*"

Tasker claims, "I agree! That's not really a thing I like to see happen either, Elizabethany. "

Kinaed states, "I think Elizabethany has a point there too. *ponder*"

Kuzco states, "I have to remind myself to be afraid of magic every now and then"

Kinaed claims, "But surely there's a balance between theme and 'sending everyone off'"

Elizabethany claims, "But I know, it's tough to balance protecting people and it being scary RP with not being excluded as soon as stuff starts happening"

Niamh ponders.

Nevan declaims, "Damn mages!"

Starstarfish states, "I think also sometimes there's a difference between 'a bad IC decision' and 'against theme.'"

Kirill states, "I haven't seen any non-Knights go out of their way to engage with known or suspected mages lately. But I think if that sort of thing does happen, folks shouldn't shy away from addressing it ICly."

Niamh trails off, "I suppose there's quite a bit of middle ground. Gathering the civilians together, using the prayer of warding..."

Tasker says, "It's totally fine for someone to linger and watch what's going on, and try to get involved to what degree they can. I'm not saying that people should flee to the hills as soon as a crow looks at them funny, but when characters actively try to fight it, then it becomes a problem."

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Tasker claims, "If someone wants to try to fight it IC'ly, that's totally fine too, but they need to understand what they're doing is against the Davite religion, so there probably will and should be consequences."

MrDowntempo is idle.

Kinaed says, "My non-mage alts typically cower in their boots. THat said, if a person is comfortable with magic, one should ask why ICly. And if their answer is "Well, I've been involved with it enough to know it's not scary"... red flags."

Tasker claims, "I just want to make sure the OOC'ly knowledge is there, for this aspect of religion."

Kinaed states, "I do think we need to consider that it's a specialized role for the Order and Knights, so when other people step into their shoes, I imagine it's quite frustrating. That could come back on characters ICly."

Niamh nods.

GALAX wonders, "I getcha, Tasker. I agree and I'm not sure how to put this.. basically, I don't mind the Order taking hard action on that sort of behavior. In fact, I expect it, so like... idk, go ham IC on it?"

Kuzco says to Kirill, "I remember that used to happen with Reeves engaging demons and mages"

Tasker claims, "It's not a MASSIVE issue, but I don't want it to become the IC norm. It's very jarring to me when my character has to witch someone out about it, and then the other character just looking at them like they're just a ranting Knight."

INFO: Knightlife has just created!

Niamh says, "Sometimes the best course of action is just to react to the oddities IC, assume the person (as long as they're not cyan) is consciously choosing to RP that way, and roll with it, I think."

Kuzco claims to Kirill, "I had to make my old reeve (who had been forced to fight more mages and demons than many knights) to slowly step back into fear"

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kuzco says, "And thus teach other reeves by example"

Tasker nods to Nim, "Which I try to do, but as I said, I just want to remind people that this is actually a thing they should try to be conscious of when they interact with magic."

Niamh nods at Tasker.

Niamh says, "Makes sense."

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kuzco muses, "'We can take him sir' 'ARE YOU NUTS!?'"

Kinaed states, "On that - the next person with a topic is Empena. :)"

Kinaed says, "Er, sorry. Wrong name."

Kinaed hangs her head in shame.

Niamh states, "Shunnn"

Starstarfish shifts her weight.

Starstarfish states, "Let me copy and paste what someone sent me."

Kinaed exclaims to Starstarfish, "Sorry, I'm terrible at this. :) And thank you!"

Starstarfish declaims, "It's been a time of deadlines for a few characters lately, and while their drammatic effect is undeniable, they do tend to clash with reality. Players and even staff have little actual control over the times required to advance a plot, other involved players might be absent or not be around for long each day and so on. Just keep in mind that the character who's been imposed a deadline might not be able to male it, and generally for causes outside their control. Love!"

Kinaed has released Knightlife back to the Pattern.

Kinaed muses, "Can we get an example?"

Kuzco claims, "Getting bitched at for failing to deliver results tied to a plot response"

Kuzco says, "When it's only because the plot hasn't been addressed yet"

Kinaed questions, "By whom, and what kind of deadlines are we talking about?"

Kinaed claims, "I mean, if someone says 'please handle this by next week' and someone doesn't... I can't see myself thinking that was unfair."

Kinaed trails off, "If someone says 'tomorrow, mate, or die'... yeah, I see it"

Kuzco claims, "Well for example suppose Norrig gets a request to track a rumor asap, and between me reading the request, putting the plot, waiting 3-5 days to see it resolved, the urgency aspect might become irrelevant"

Kirill states, "I hate to have to say this, but man, communication makes a heck of a difference -- whether it's OOC or IC."

Niamh states, "I think thats usually pretty accepted, as long as the person is clear about their OOC time limitations? Just vanishing and not doing the job you were told to do by X date is probably going to get you in IC trouble. Explaining to the player OOC "I won't be able to do this in time due to OOC reasons, sorry!" or "I'm waiting on a plot response, will get back to you IC asap!" covers bases."

Kuzco nods at Kirill.

Kirill states, "OOC: Hey, head's up, I'm still waiting on a response from staff, but I'll get to this as soon as I can."

Niamh nods.

Kinaed nods at Niamh.

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Kirill states, "IC: Things are happening and a report is forthcoming."

Kuzco nods.

Tasker claims, "I think most people would be understanding, and try to be accommodating if there are OOC delays."

Hopeful is idle.

Kinaed nods at Tasker.

Kirill states, "Right, so communicating an OOC delay would be key."

Kirill states, "In getting that understanding."

Elysaveta says, "Yeah, I think pboards, tells and IC letters can help, for most reasonable folks."

Temi claims, "And do feel free to include the necessary people in plots."

Kinaed says, "I think adhering to deadlines or communicating around them when one can't BEFORE the deadline is done is a matter of personal responsibility and good practice."

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kirill says, "If it's just radio silence, then people are totally in the right to continue play as they ICly understand it."

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Temi claims, "We've added more room for directing messages to certain subsets of the shared people."

Niamh nods in agreement.

Kinaed nods at Kirill.

Temi states, "So if you want to tell the whole group about the basic actions, but then only a smaller group about the secret stuff, the plot system now allows for that."

Temi states, "And they can see when it's staff you're waiting on and that things are happening, if that's the issue."

Niamh says, "(Also totally do check out Temi's plot guide for the new system - I was terrified of the changes until I ran through the guide. It's so much easier now it's crazy.)"

Kirill pontificates, "The guide is nice and straightforward!"

Kinaed queries to Niamh, "Where is the plot guide located?"

BlueMoon questions, "Is the guide ust help plot?"

Niamh says, "New Players forum."

BlueMoon states, "Oh the forums!!! merp, I never look there."

Kinaed queries to Niamh, "Can we link to that post in the help file perhaps?"

Niamh says, "Riiight here"

Kinaed nods at BlueMoon.

Niamh muses, "Https://www.ti-legacy.com/forums/viewto ... 180#p14180"

Niamh nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Help plot has also been updated, but yes, it's in the forums"

Niamh says, "Added to help plots."

Kinaed states to Niamh, "Thank you"

Kinaed says, "Okay, next... I have an announcement from Elizabethany. "

Niamh braces her britches.

Elizabethany states, "Oh, yay! I just wanted to remind everyone about the play tomorrow."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed wonders to Elizabethany, "Troubadour event?"

Tasker questions, "Whaaat time was it again?"

Kirill states, "I'm super excited."

MrDowntempo britches his braces

Niamh eyes MrDowntempo warily.

Elizabethany says, "All the troubs have worked very hard and we're excited to give you a good show"

Nevan muses, "Wheres that?"

Tasker his britches braces

BlueMoon pokes the tasker

Elizabethany finishes abruptly, "8 PM System at the Hollow Globe - IC Event post 25"

Elizabethany says, "Yes, a bard event."

Kinaed claims, "Very exciting, and thank you Troubadours Guild for running IC events for everyone. :)"

Niamh claps!

Kinaed says, "Okay, we've technically wrapped up our OOC Chat Agenda."

Kinaed states, "We can hang out here and chat for awhile? Or I can throw everyone back in game to enjoy themselves."

Kuzco states, "Okay! Don't forget to recommend people, click vote links, and tip your bards."

Kirill trails off, "Oh-- I asked over visnet earlier..."

BlueMoon laughs.

Kinaed says to Kirill, "? Sorry if we missed anything."

Kirill questions, "How long are the Seneschal nomination and bidding periods, respectively? 1 week and 2 weeks?"

BlueMoon pokes the Kuzco

Kirill states, "No one can seem to remember."

Kinaed asks, "Oh, um, I think they're shorter, at least the 2nd period is 10 OOC days, I think?"

Starstarfish says, "Bids is like 5 days"

Kinaed has a ready.

Kinaed says, "Read'"

Temi states, "I didn't see it in the helpfile either when he asked, I'm afraid."

Kinaed states, "Well, it's not in the imm info help file. We'll add it. Meanwhile, I *think* it's 5 days to nominate if one wants to run for Seneschal. 10 days to bid and see who comes out on top."

Kirill nods.

Kinaed claims, "Oh wait, may be in the system info."

Kinaed says, "Bids: Nomination: 5 days Campaign: 10 days In Power: 180 days"

Kirill pontificates, "Cool. Thank ya!"

Kinaed questions to Niamh, "Want to update HELP BIDS with that info?"

Niamh states, "Sure."

Starstarfish says, "It's the exact number of school days, the irony"

Kinaed says, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says to Starstarfish, "Especially if bids end on Day 1 of school *chuckle*"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anything else on anyone's mind?"

Kirill eats a buttery cookie depicting an entangled scales and caduceus.

Kuzco exclaims, "I hope to see you all involved in the campaign RP!"

BlueMoon states, "Just a random question."

Kinaed says, "If not, I'll throw you back to the wolves to enjoy juicy, juicy RP (given half of you are the wolves)"

Kinaed questions to BlueMoon, "Yes? :)"

Nevan muses, "Are the knights accepting recruits?"

BlueMoon claims, "So is prestige only obtainable by the nobility? At first I thought it wasn't, and that anyone could as long as they weren't charali and hillmen. But then as i read on, I got more and more confused, and now I'm just not sure."

Kinaed says to Nevan, "I believe yes. To seek the knights, I think you type 'seek Order'"

MrDowntempo declares, "Yes!! Knights are looking for more fresh meat!"

Kinaed claims to BlueMoon, "Anyone can obtain prestige, though only nobles can get prestige from noble projects. HELP PRESTIGE should have a list of ways to earn (and lose) it."

Starstarfish wonders, "Should things that don't match up help character versus lore leaders be submitted as a typo?"

Starstarfish queries, "Or a bug?"

BlueMoon says, "Oh okay, got it. Thank you. I just got like weirdly confused, and it was a conflicting thing in my brain."

Temi states, "Lore leaders isn't fully functional yet though, so we don't need a bug for now."

Nevan states, "Its says nevan cannot seek the order"

Kirill states, "Everyone else was given prestige in society without much explanation."

BlueMoon says, "Ruh-roh"

Kirill says, "About what it means."

Kinaed claims, "Oh! Apparently we have a new 'tithe' command, which the Order gets some money, and players get some prestige for tithing."

Kuzco says, "Badass"

Kirill states, "So can't really blame anyone for confusion."

Kuzco claims, "It had to be manually done beforehand"

Kinaed states, "We probably need to update the help files in regards to tithing."

Kinaed makes a note.

Kinaed says, "It won't be the same as it used to be."

Kirill claims, "Awakened mages cannot seek the Order."

Nevan declaims, "Shit ive been found out!"

BlueMoon states, "No magey wagies in the order."

Elysaveta declaims, "Unless they're latents!"

GALAX asks, "Yeah, the Order is hard-coded to disallow awakened mages from seeking. So, do we have a way to make everyone forget this conversation happened?"

BlueMoon asks, "Spray amnesia dust?"

Tasker claims, "We can use magic"

Tasker states, "I mean"

Kinaed claims, "Staff will work with Nevan to resolve."

Temi states to Kinaed, "I think we discussed tithing changing significantly, and we were thinking we'd need to rebalance the economy before changing the current expectations significantly, so it was tabled for then"

Niamh states, "Thankfully we can't see his character name, just the OOC name. Shouuuld be okay."

Elysaveta gasps.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Nevan queries, "How do they know im a mage tho?"

Temi states, "It's an OOC protection to keep the game aspects of the game more fair."

Kinaed says, "ICly, there's no way to detect magery per say. There is one way to detect taint, but those don't necessarily equate."

GALAX claims, "My understanding is that the restriction is *kind* of an abstraction."

Kirill wonders, "So what does tithing do right now? Just donates money to the order?"

Kirill questions, "How much do you have to tithe for it to count toward prestige?"

Temi claims, "It's staff saying awakened mages can't join the Order, rather than the Order saying they know that you're a mage and you aren't allowed to join."

Kinaed says, "It donates money to the Order, gives you prestige points for every certain amount of silver tithed, and puts you on a list that the Order can see. "

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Elysaveta states, "Sort of like Thieves/Reeeve crossover. Just for OOC reasons."

Kinaed states, "A minimum of 200 silver, I think, for prestige points - but being on the list of supporters can't hurt."

BlueMoon claims, "But is it 200 silver over what period of time/"

Kirill asks, "200 silver over a month, a week?"

Nevan queries, "What happens if a knight gets awakend?"

GALAX says, "I don't think anything happens, it's just that it's statistically far less likely"

Kinaed says, "You'll get 1 prestige point per every 200 silver, period. It lasts until the prestige wears off, which is at a rate of 1 point per OOC week."

Kinaed states to Nevan, "Then you have a mage in the Order."

Kirill states, "Gotcha. Cool."

Temi claims, "The protections don't stop that. It's just against people who are already mages joining up."

Tasker says, "This was decided because frequently, the Order has been mostly mages. Which is kind of ridiculous, especially when we don't any many members as it is. "

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Elysaveta claims, "Think it's just to discourage the Order from being fully staffed by awakened mages."

Tasker says, "Don't have many*"

BlueMoon muses, "So if I made four installments of fifty silver, having donated 200 silver, would it then give me a prestige point, or would you have to donate it all at once?"

Kinaed states to BlueMoon, "All at once."

BlueMoon says, "Oh!!! Okay got it."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed smiles.

GALAX claims, "Basically, my understanding is that it's to ensure that if a mage is in the Order, it's actually rare and special event, afaik, instead of 5 other awakened mages going "haha, nice, join the club""

Kinaed nods.

Elysaveta claims, "Awakening a latent Knight does seem like it would probably be a lot more uncommon."

MrDowntempo grins

Kinaed nods at Elysaveta.

Nevan claims, "I wanted to join so no would think im a mage"

Elysaveta says, "IC risks and all that."

Kinaed states, "That's probably why a lot of mages used to join."

BlueMoon says, "Lol That's exactly what I was going to say."

GALAX says, "To be fair, being a SWORD WIZARD is also kind of cool."

Kinaed nods at BlueMoon.

Alvaro states, "G-great minds think alike, right guys"

Kinaed nods at GALAX.

Kinaed nods at Alvaro.

Kinaed says, "Alright, we're coming fast on the top of the hour. :)"

Kirill waves.

GALAX states, "Otherwise, you have to play a noble, or settle for being a Knife Wizard."

BlueMoon states, "It's time to say goodbye."

Kinaed states, "I want to thank everyone who chose to join us today for your time. :)"

Elysaveta says, "Whip wizard, for sure."

GALAX states, "Hmmmm."

A flurry of fiery-colored leaves whirl around Niamh, and when they scatter she's gone. [OOC]

Elizabethany questions, "Well, if you're already breaking the laws being a wizard, what's to stop the sword wielding.. sumptuary?"

Tasker pontificates, "Guildskills!"

GALAX says, "Added suspicion, difficulty of learning, and - what Tasker said."

Kinaed says, "We'll be resuming normal play in about two minutes. In the meantime, please consider voting for TI on the links provided or writing a post on Reddit or TMC (the two most looked-at sites for would be new players) to help us attract more players for you to play with. :)"

Kinaed exclaims, "Have a great week, and we'll see you next time!"

• Information