Log of Ooc Meeting - Feb 13/16

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)I have a topic."
Temi gives a piece of white chocolate molded into the shape of a flame to Gaven.
Kinaed nods at Ariel.
Kinaed says to Ariel, "(Eld)Got you."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Anyone else?"
Misune states, "I actually have two completely different topics I'd like to bring up"
Kinaed states to Misune, "(Eld)Cool, putting you down for two."
Mika claims, "(Farin)I have a topic that I just want to make sure doesn't cut into too much time when I mention it in my staff update"
Kinaed nods at Mika.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, if you're sure it will be quick."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Anyone else?"
Margaux finishes her note.
Jozafat says, "I covered my topic about help files two weeks ago."
Mika claims, "(Farin)I can go into it in more detail last, after the players"
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed nods at Jozafat.
Jozafat claims, "So I'm good."
Kinaed nods at Mika.
Evrald states, "My topic is a shameless plug so it goes at the end. :p"
Kinaed states to Evrald, "(Eld)I'll add you down though so we don't forget"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, everyone - if you had a topic, please pre-write your topic introductions so you're ready to go when I call on you."
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)Now, to kick off staff updates..."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Last week, I handled... a lot of policy issues, some more and some less friendly. Overall, I hope that the game wasn't as much of a headache for everyone else last week as it was for me. :) I also wrote a couple of specs, one of which is here for everyone to TAKE AWAY and read for NEXT OOC Chat. If we try to do it today, I suspect we'll get bogged down. I also progressed the automated jail workflow."
Kinaed has transferred Telimus. [OOC]
Temi gives a piece of white chocolate molded into the shape of a flame to Telimus.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)That's ... maybe 10% done. It's a big beast. Also cleared boards, etc. Next week - still trying to crank out this automated jail bit."
Telimus declaims, ""Woo! Chocolate!""
Kinaed declares, "(Eld)That's it for me. Azarial - you're up!"
Telimus has returned from AFK.
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Mostly bugs and typos. trying to arange for time to hit some of these bigger specs again now that tax season is slowing down"
Kinaed has created the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec[20].
Kinaed drops the following:
( 20)the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec
Tomas gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Rimilde gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Benne starts to move towards the north and east.
Evrald gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Silrie gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Telimus gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Rimilde looks at a book in her hands.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Please do not read this til after OOC Chat to avoid spamming people."
Gideon gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Telimus looks at a book in his hands.
Benne starts to move towards the north and east.
Benne gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Telimus looks at a book in his hands.
Gideon looks at a book in his hands.
Aurore gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Jozafat gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Emma gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Jozafat looks at a book in his hands.
Misune pats Silrie on the back "Spam is the scourge of the scriber."
Arland gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Telimus spams all of the things.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)A quick glance at the changes board - some tweaks to Aura of Sanct, so test that before uses mages - Void of fire too. and that's mostly it."
Temi claims, "Please don't read the spec now, as we said."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)The rest would be subtle fixes like spelling errors, etc."
Misune questions, "What was the change?"
Silrie grins at Misune.
Misune muses, "To aura of sanctuary?"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It can no longer be broken by the use of iron manacles."
Addienna gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Misune nods "Well thats surprising. Didn't even know it could be broken that way."
Arland claims, "But everyone knows iron and magic don't work... hehehe don't mind me. Good to know though."
Aurore declares, "Be right back, switching to mobile!"
Gaven gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Gaven looks at a book in his hands.
Aurore has left the game.
Kinaed claims to Misune, "(Eld)Sorry, distracted there for a moment."
Misune states, "No worries, I had nothing else to add"
Kinaed claims to Temi, "(Eld)Okay, you're up :)"
Temi pontificates, "Okay!"
Temi says, "So, no big progress items. Another change from Az was the public hooks for plots, which I got tested and changed in the helpfiles."
Silrie is confused even more now about plots...
Temi claims, "So I encourage anyone starting up plots, especially those who want more people involved, to use those."
Arland states, "Hmmmmm"
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)Please touch base with me after, and we'll see if we can help."
Margaux exclaims, "That is a great addition, thanks! :)"
Silrie smiles at Kinaed.
Telimus declares, "I'll have to think up of some awesome plots then!"
Temi says, "Basically, this provides a yes/no on having a public hook, and then you fill in that hook with how people can get involved or play off it."
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed nods at Telimus.
Temi says, "Then when they check 'plot hooks' it will show up there, and if they plot review the plot, but they aren't shared on it, they'll see your hook."
Misune sighs "I miss the good old days of the game. Yes it was a bit chaotic at times but it was simpler."
Temi says, "Which might be rumors, goings on that are publicly known, people to contact to get involved, etc."
Temi states, "Hopefully it doesn't add too much complexity and people use it."
Silrie comforts Misune.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)You can just ignore that section if you want."
Temi claims, "Beyond that, I added several new recipes that were requested on the forums."
Silrie questions, "Oooh food?"
Emma asks, "Cloak pin?"
Evrald questions, "Leather?"
Temi states, "No, was't anything new in cooking"
Silrie is inconsolable.
Temi says, "Wrote a couple of specs for Kin - on mood ages and prestige ingredients."
Evrald consoles Silrie.
Kinaed beams at Temi.
Temi says, "I think mainly some different tailoring hings."
Benne checks Chandlery.
Silrie declares, "Oooh tailoring!"
Temi states, "And I think I got updated on quit quote submissions"
Evrald states, "Ewww tailoring"
Emma trails off, "It might have been a year and a half since I started begging for a cloak pin, but I'm gonna keep doing it foreeever..."
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Did we get lipglosses in Chandelry?"
Benne perks up.
Temi states, "I adjusted the existed lip balm to be a little more generic."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Kinaed smiles.
Telimus declares, "Yay tailoring things!"
Temi states, "But I refuse to add weird colored lip balms."
Benne exclaims, "Thank you, Temi!"
Mika says to Emma, "(Farin)Cloak pins are gonna be tricky but i like this idea too"
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Temi says, "So it's 'redder' instead of 'brilliant red' now."
Benne states, "Awww."
Silrie asks, "What, no neon-green lip balm?"
Emma exclaims, "But I want to dye my lips blue and either look like a corpse and/or be turned into one!"
Takta states, "(Vandagan)You can buy it at your local Hot Topic."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Can people string it to be what they want?"
Silrie laughs.
Arland facepalms
Benne taps flower. "I wanted yellow.
Mika claims, "(Farin)I'll be reviewing you all for your demon ichor drinking habits"
Takta trails off, "(Vandagan)Sadly Hot Topic technology may be a few centuries in the future..."
Emma says, "You can string it to whatever you like, but the affect color is always red."
Silrie smiles sweetly up at Mika.
Kinaed nods at Emma.
Emma says, "Which is kinda appropriate, I'd say. >.>"
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)Okay, ... I just want to move us along..."
Kinaed claims to Temi, "(Eld)You're awesome. Thank you so much for all of that."
Temi claims, "I couldn't think of any colors that were thematic and not at least reddish."
Kinaed claims to Takta, "(Eld)You're up."
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Telimus nods at Takta.
Takta claims, "(Vandagan)Very little to say. I've done some work on testing and helpfiling code changes. Yet more IRL business swamped me, sadly, but NOW I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Will focus majorly on clearing the backlog of code changes."
Takta declaims, "(Vandagan)That's about it!"
Silrie states, "Atta girl, Takta, walk toward the light."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Testing on changes, by the way, is a big deal and nowhere near as small as that reads - thank you for that work. I cleared about 100 tested changes off the completed board last night thanks to your efforts."
Kinaed claims to Mika, "(Eld)You're up :)"
Silrie mouthes, "Whoa." [Hidden]
Mika says, "(Farin)I did a couple things this week! I drafted up a new metrics system so that PCs (and guildmembers, not just GLs) will be able to control city metrics via their IC actions, and there will be on-grid, tangible benefits/penalties to a metric being low or high. We are still fleshing this out, but its a thing that is happening."
Mika says, "(Farin)I also have been working on speccing out a more screenreader-friendly version of evoking when colour is turned off, so hopefully being a mage will be more fun for our blind players."
Mika says, "(Farin)If you are a blind person and hate evoking please get in touch with me once i've specced this out"
Kinaed nods.
Mika declaims, "(Farin)And then: I redesced the Vandagan Foreign Quarter to properly reflect the glory of Vandago (and the squalor of their peasants). In particular, the Cultural Club (be prepared to bribe the hostess or sneak in through the back way, in Vandagan tradition, if youre a Freeman) boasts a fancy new interior, new ed descs to offer people a look at Vandago, and some lore.
Im still accepting submissions for lore (it can just be interesting facts, you dont need to reference things your own PCs did) / descs / ed descs, and you get QP for helping out!"
Mika says, "(Farin)AND ANOTHER THING: Im renovating the Dusairus Colosseum, and I would like mechanics to be implemented to allow PC gladitorial contests. Thats what Id like to discuss if we have time after player topics - what youd be interested in, how lethal is too lethal, what prizes would motivate you to fight a lethal bear, etc."
Mika says, "(Farin)That's all for me"
Kinaed smiles.
Aurore wanders into the vicinity. [login]
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Awesome work."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think that covers Staff Updates - thank you staff, for your hard work this week. We really seem to have gotten a lot done."
Telimus conceals a piece of white chocolate molded into the shape of a flame on his person.
Jozafat applauds with enthusiasm.
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Okay, onward to Player Heartbeat - how has the game been for you lately, folks?"
Silrie states, "Hmmm, bit slow. :D"
Emma claims, "Pretty slow, but probably my fault."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Had some fun moments."
Ariel leers at Misune.
Jozafat states, "Been busy with that thing called "real life" so little time to play. Haven't found many PCs but I connect at odd hours."
Addienna says, "Depends on the days."
Silrie breaks down laughing.
Telimus claims, "Fun for a bit, but slow it seems."
Benne says, "I'm anjoying my roleplay, though admittedly much of it has been private."
Benne states, "Enjoying."
Margaux says, "Been an interesting and sometimes challenging week."
Aurore says, "Same but i'm a child so that limits my chances xF"
Decklin Is hopefully optomistic. :)
Silrie claims, "I'll second that."
Tomas claims, "Enjoyed the rp side of things for the most part when I've had time to play, but that's been difficult to find"
Kinaed nods at Tomas.
Misune shrugs "It's been ok... a bit stressful on some ends but also hugely funny on others."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)We all go through stages where OOC life cuts into our availability."
Arland says, "Depends on the day, the one mucking with my guy seems to have stepped back a bit, poo. "
Evrald says, "RP for the last week or so has been... eh for me mostly but that's my own fault for being a horrible little hermit type person."
Silrie states, "It'd be nice to not be continually attacked as a cyan just getting into a character, but them's the breaks I guess. :D"
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Okay, is there anything shitting anyone about the game that 1) staff can assist with and 2) staff ought to assist with?"
Arland pokes Gideon
Arland pokes Gideon
Gideon bites Arland's finger off.
Kinaed asks of Emma, "(Eld)Attacked by who or what?"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)That was directed at 'sil' for Silrie."
Kinaed questions to Silrie, "(Eld)Attacked by whom or what?"
Silrie states to Kinaed, "Whom."
Emma questions, "Totally random thought: Have we ever considered not having OOC channels, as a game?"
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Yes, I really want that, do you support it because I keep getting shouted down, oh please yes?"
Silrie claims, "I've a fairly good idea, but it limits the rp based on the reaction I have to play. So a lot has just been waiting it out and that's just getting boring so I don't bother signing in."
Telimus questions, "I think it would be neat if there were more rumors of things going on outside of the city that people could take a look at for the sake of adventure... ?"
Kinaed big eyes flutters at Emma.
Margaux claims to Emma, "We did that for awhile. Some of us (myself) liked it, most people hated it."
Emma states, "I really do support it."
Arland claims, "Ooc channels have a place, I think, so long as people don't go bat shit stupid."
Mika claims to Emma, "(Farin)I really like the idea of limiting OOC communication"
Arland nods at Mika.
Telimus states, "Relics or something. Magical or not."
Kinaed pontificates, "(Eld)I liked!"
Emma claims, "The amount of tells and osay has gotten overwhelming. The OOC channel itself being global is a bit different, but, yes."
Misune says, "You can turn it off"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)I really dislike the idea of limiting OOC communication, though I like discouraging osays."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'd be happy to trial it too - a period with no OOC Channels, and if it sucks, go back."
Addienna says to Emma, "Apologies for bothering you. ;)"
Emma sighs.
Benne says, "I would miss OOC communication terribly. I really like it as it stands right now."
Mika queries to Silrie, "(Farin)Can you elaborate?"
Jozafat listens with attention.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I do sometimes get overwhelmed with tells, but I don't know how I'd be able to play without them."
Kinaed states to Emma, "(Eld)See? Some people like it, some people hate it - but it's interesting that we're getting more people in the interested camp."
Arland says, "There are times when I'll turn ooc or visnet off, generally just went rp gets thick."
Misune I have to say ooc channels are one of those things that helps to relieve some of the stress this game causes.
Silrie says to Mika, "Continually hexed."
Addienna claims, "I know you can turn off tells.. osays not so much.."
Ariel nods at Misune.
Mika states, "(Farin)Ahh"
Telimus says, "People are getting tells? xD I hardly get any. :P"
Emma says, "No one is bothering me, for the record. Global channels are different. Tells and osays are neverending though, and since there is an expectation that you can communicate what your character is doing, meaning to do, feeling, etc. over them they're just... bleh."
Aurore states, "Yeah i like ooc channels to just bs and relax from oc drama with other players"
Tomas says, "Ironically, ooc channels are sometimes what add stress for me lol"
Mika says, "(Farin)Mage antagonism and demon activity is one of those things that goes in spikes"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Anyway, I'll take that idea back. Maybe poll the pbase and get a general sense of where people are sitting on the OOC Communications these days."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)...Okay, tells asking what your char is doing/meaning/feeling is NOT good."
Silrie wonders, "I like the idea of being abe to oocly communicate and make new friends, but if you just let me know if you'd rather not get them... maybe a telloff command?"
Mika states to Emma, "(Farin)I believe that's against the rules"
Emma says OOCly, "I think I'd miss them solely for typos and such."
Emma trails off, "Except... put that here..."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)Sounds like this is more people misusing tells. :("
Rimilde pauses, "I think osays can get out of hand at times, that is where I'd personally like to see more enforced etiquette, so that it doesn't become chat or commentary on a scene, but only if important to clarify things like typos..."
Benne says, "I have admittedly used them to sum up what my character had been doing when I had little time to play."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think what happens in tells is a problem, and I think a lot of people misuse tells... and I know there's very little we can do about it because it's a private channel and I bet most of it goes unreported."
Silrie states to Mika, "It just feels like it came out of nowhere, the first day I got that char on grid."
Arland ponders something, shrugging.
Mika nods at Silrie.
Ariel nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)And when it is reported, it's a big headache because everyone feels bad about taking private communications and passing them on to get someone in trouble."
Emma nods. "It's become hugely prevalent. It's a game culture thing, of course, so newer folks just don't know it's not really okay. Do you think we could add something about the OOCIC barrier and ooc channels to chargen?"
Takta states, "(Vandagan)Maybe we could post on General being very clear about OOC channel etiquette for tells and osays."
Takta nods at Emma.
Takta pontificates, "(Vandagan)And that too, I think!"
Silrie trails off to Mika, "I can understand, I think, some of where it's coming from, but the initial antagonism around that character when she wasn't even talking to the person..."
Jozafat claims, "Player enforcing seems to be the only solution besides disabling tells."
Mika nods at Silrie.
Arland nods at Takta.
Margaux says to Silrie, "It sounds like harassment, frankly."
Kinaed says to Emma, "(Eld)I think it's already there, but I'll take a note to get someone to make it very explicit. I don't think it will solve the issue though."
Kinaed nods at Jozafat.
Takta states to Silrie, "(Vandagan)Maybe write a Pboard to staff over your situation."
Kinaed nods at Emma.
Misune nods with Margaux "From what I've seen of it icly, it is pretty much harassment."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Or just to me if you want to keep it private."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I would encourage people who are feeling harassed OOCly to consider blocking people who irritate you or otherwise just going 'quiet'."
Gaven is idle.
Gaven is no longer idle.
Gaven has returned from AFK.
Margaux says, "It is IC harassment that sounds like it has gone beyond the pale."
Jozafat questions, "How do you block?"
Emma states, "You don't, as far as I know."
Kinaed states to Jozafat, "(Eld)'block <name>'."
Silrie says, "It's ic, but it just came way out of left field."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Ignore, i thought"
Tomas trails off, "I think that maybe it's related to something bigger. I don't know... it feels like in general there has been a lot more tension/strife that goes beyond just the ic drama that happens"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)IC harassment is a bit different."
Silrie says, "Tell block person."
Silrie claims, "Er, block person wowo"
Kinaed states to Azarial, "(Eld)They both work differently"
Misune states, "There is mage harassment for plot and character building, and then there's mage harassment just to be annoying."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Good to know"
Gaven muses, "Does the person know they're being blocked when they message you?"
Ariel nods at Tomas.
Kinaed states to Gaven, "(Eld)Yes with block, no with ignore."
Jozafat claims to Kinaed, "Thabks"
Jozafat says, "Thanks"
Kinaed smiles at Jozafat.
Silrie says, "All I can say is that I hope their cnotes are in order, because it's a pain in the ass. LOL"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, guys - if I may move on - again, Silrie, touch base with me after so we can help - let's get on to Player Topics."
Kinaed nods at Emma.
Emma merges with Silrie into Mega-Silmma.
Gaven trails off, "...."
Emma claims, "...Shh."
Silrie is super Silma!

Silrie

Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Kinaed muses to Misune, "(Eld)Can you introduce your topics first today?"
Gaven wonders, "Tengen Toppa Emmarie?"
Misune queries, "Didn't ariel have a topic first?"
Kinaed states to Misune, "(Eld)Yes, but I've moved that one down the list for time flow management because I know a bit about it."
Misune states, "Ah ok"
Misune clears throat "So first off I'd like to present an idea. Having recently bought wealth on a character, something I've never done before, it occured to me that if your character is purchasing wealth, it should have some long lasting effect no? For freemen it's that extra bit of ip, and that's about it... aside from the silver obviously. What I am proposing is that when you purchase wealth it also adds an amount of silver to the weekly amount you get based on class. Something small like 25 or 50 silver. My logic behind this is that obviously those who purchase wealth, outside of chargen, their character must have made some sort of a smart investiment to suddenly get all that silver. The 25 or 50 silver would represent a long lasting effect of the investiment. This is of course just a random idea and thought it wouldn't hurt to bring it up.
Kinaed nods at Misune.
Takta says, "(Vandagan)We've hd a purchase income idea rattling around for a while."
Kinaed says to Misune, "(Eld)We've considered it and are always planning to restructure wealth."
Mika states, "(Farin)I like that idea"
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Gideon perks up.
Gideon claims, "It's a huge xp investment, so that sounds reasonable."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)It's in the cards, but it needs to be carefully balanced, and is probably not a top priority change at the moment."
Kinaed nods at Gideon.
Tomas says, "Yeah I like the option"
Jozafat states, "Also wealth being a resource that comes and goes unlike other things you can purchase."
Misune states, "Ah... Well wasn't aware it was discussed but glad to hear. Guess I will move onto my next topic if it's ok"
Telimus trails off, "Can I second that? :P I mean, a lump sum is nice... But..."
Margaux says, "Seems logical to me. I'd never purchase wealth as is."
Mika nods at Misune.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)We're looking at increasing wealth to be around the potential purchase of types of assets, actually."
Telimus muses, "Assets? :P"
Temi claims, "I had some ideas around that. I should remember to write them up at some point."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)However, as I said, it's probably a low priorty change."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Misune says, "Ok, second topic time"
Misune coughs "The second topic is regarding gls... I'd like to propose another activity requirement for gls. What I am proposing I've seen before, been told before, and even done it myself on occasion. A Gl doesn't have to rp with their guild to stay active. Aside from the occasional seekers, a GL could potentially not rp with any members of their guild and still remain uncontested GL. And before someone says it, yes if people are upset that their gl isn't rping with them, they could just oust them, and my response to that is that ousting is not as easy as some characters make it. Your average character doesn't have a stockpile of ip or a stockpile of silver to convert to IP. On top of that you have the potential to have a GL who is insanely difficult to oust because of how influential they are." pauses and clears throat "So I feel a requirement for a certain amount of hours logged with a guild member would fix this problem and also encourage rp between guilds. It's already 3 hours needed for a gl to be active, so if two of that had to be with a guild member, it wouldn't be that bad or much of a change. Also I'm not just pulling this topic out of my arse. I've been the recipient of tells from several different people I've rped with over the years, and this is one topic that has popped up over and over again, often with the same guild, but it's a problem I imagine extends to other guilds as well. Heck I know there were weeks where I just did not feel like dealing with my fellow knights as Earl Marshall. On top of that I've also left a guild because the GL was non-existant and didn't communicate with their members. So I'm not just pulling this out of nowhere." takes a deep breath and finishes.
Kinaed claims to Telimus, "(Eld)Like you have a shipping business that gives you income, and the business is your asset as opposed to a flat income."
Gaven states, "I don't like that and I have reasons for it that I can express."
Kinaed turns her ears to Gaven.
Misune turns as well, curious
Temi claims, "I think the problem behind that one will change somewhat in response to Kin's new spec people will be reading over this week, and we're not discussing today."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Mika nods.
Misune claims, "Well to be fair, when I thought about this earlier this week, I wasn't aware of the spec"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)The GL Barometer spec affects how oustings are handled, and I think we'll see a big shift in how this works."
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed nods at Misune.
Gaven says, "I'm not sure how staff intends GLs to be but I don't really feel that a GL should be -required- to RP with certain people every week. A lot of being a guildleader is being a leader, not a personal RP fount for the guild members because they can't or won't do anything on their own. Requirements were already raised for GLs themselves to a higher number of hours per week over other players and adding on more restrictions to them just increases the idea of the game feeling like a job rather than a happy funtime place."
Silrie claims, "It already feels like a noose."
Margaux states, "Often a GL's major roll is dealing with other guildleaders."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)Hmmm. Even if oustings change, I think I'm in favor because an active and present GL seems to me to be the biggest ingredient in a guild's success. GLS are asked to do a lot, I agree, but 2 hours a week with guild members is not asking much."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think a minimum amount of RP with your guild isn't unreasonable, but I am more interested in just having GLs be available to their guild members to be sought out."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I doubt we'd code enforce it."
Misune agrees with Ariel and with Silrie "It does feel like a noose, but it's a noose you signed up for."
Emma hmmms. "It seems like it's difficult to keep GLs as it is."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)But I don't have an issue with the idea or the concept that a GL ought to be RPing with their guild mates."
Margaux says, "Emma has a very good point."
Silrie states, "I think it depends on the guild."
Temi claims, "I worry about the smaller guilds that might have two people that have their own things they want to do."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Silrie states to Misune, "Not always. XD"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)It's true, keeping GLs is hard, but... I'd rather have crazy turnover than a GL who hangs on at bare minimum for weeks."
Kinaed claims to Misune, "(Eld)Thank you for bringing the suggestion, though."
Emma states, "I agree that they do need to be acting as the GL, organizing things and such, but it's hard to keep them. Maybe we should look at why GLs aren't staying active or staying GLs a little."
Silrie states, "Burn."
Ariel exclaims, "(Tubori)No burn intended to anyone specific!"
Benne muses, "On the flipside of that idea, could we implement a way for GLs to accept people into guilds without being present for the initiation?"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I'm talking general patterns over the years. It's happened a lot."
Jozafat burns to death.
Misune nods to Kinaed "I just felt it was something that needed to bring up because well I've seen people leave a very specific guild because of this issue, though I won't go inter specifics out of respect."
Kinaed scratches her head, perplexed, "(Eld)Okay - why don't we tag GL activity to the end of the meeting if we have time?"
Arland nods at Ariel.
Benne nods at Kinaed.
Silrie nods at Kinaed.
Telimus nods at Kinaed.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'd like to move on to Ariel's topic now to make sure we have time."
Silrie nods at Kinaed.
Tomas questions, "I also want to say something in general about playtime levels? if someone is working full time and have a real life, we can't reasonably expect more than say 2 hours of rp in a given day. This is about one scene, depending on the size. if they were to rp every day that is 1-2 people a day maybe. And not everyone can commit to playing every day. Sometimes if you don't see someone or can't get ahold of someone all the time, it isn't because they are ignoring you or what not, but that they don't have the time. there are how many active characters?"
Gaven says, "If it's the guild I think it is Misune, then the Guildleaders of it are the least of its problems."
Ariel nods at Tomas.
Kinaed nods at Tomas.
Emma claims, "Eesh."
Misune says, "We can convene later Gaven to talk about if you are interested"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)As a busy person, I can definitely say I don't have the time to handle all of the work TI generates for me. :)"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)So my topic is big, and controversial, and I have a pre-prepared speech."
Emma states, "I'm scared but lets do it."
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)I'd be interested in hearing more from Gaven after also - but if I may... *cough*"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Let's give Ariel his space."
Misune grabs popcorn and sits back and waits
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I mostly want to put this out there for people to consider, and then talk to me afterward, most likely."
Silrie backs away.
Ariel states, "(Tubori)A lot of complaints have been raised recently about the perception that TI:L is ICly controlled by this small, powerful clique that can't be defeated, and more specifically about my IC role in that clique as Ariel. I wouldn't bring this up at an OOC meeting normally, but I feel this perception's problematic for the whole game, so I need to say a few things."
Decklin is idle.
Jozafat listens with attention.
Telimus eats things.
Gaven states, "Gonna be very honest about that on a personal level. Ariel is nor never has been a part of the problem there."
Misune perks eyebrows with clear interest
Ariel says, "(Tubori)First and foremost, I want to stress that I think a lot of this view of a power clique is based off outside perception without full context and knowledge, and how different it looks from the 'inside', using Ariel specifically as an example. First off, power. Ariel doesn't actively seek support; he doesn't actually have that much IP. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people concerned about Ariel's level of power have more IP. And Ariel honestly has very little input on most Court business anymore, excepting things like big staff-side plots like the White Flame that cross guild boundaries/require nobles to have a say. But in the day-to-day choices made at Court, most of the political plots in-game, Ariel's not even involved. I'd be lying if I pretended Ariel didn't have input in other places, but equally less than is perceived there as well."
Decklin is no longer idle.
Ariel states to Gaven, "(Tubori)The truth is Ariel's name has come up again and again, which is why I'm here to talk about it."
Gaven states to Ariel, "And it's been incredibly unfair of them to name Ariel as a central issue with it. It's never been him."
This all goes way over Benne's tiny head. [Benne]
Kinaed hugs Benne.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)So Ariel neither has a ton of power in terms of being top in IP, nor a ton of power in terms of driving what's happening on-grid. Looking at the clique issue, while his IC bonds to powerful people are real, they're not unshakeable. Ariel doesn't always agree with his allies by a long shot. Y'all know how much he argues with EVERYONE. In recent GLAs, people often haven't even TRIED to approach him or change his mind on whom to support - and they might be surprised if they did. Nor are these bonds exclusive. A clique means you shut people out, but Ariel's happy to accept new friends and allies whatever their power or station, so long as people act like good friends and allies. On an OOC level, I'm always open to new IC relationships with new players interested in good RP - in fact, I thrive off them, though I don't always have the time to chase them. Seriously, just ask."
Arland says to Ariel, "Personally I've never seen you as part of the clique bunch."
Ariel trails off, "(Tubori)Haha, I apologize for all the people who neither know or care what this is about..."
Misune waits till the end to give his comment on this
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)So this perception of Ariel as part of an invincible, united, and exclusive power bloc of friends that controls everything on-grid, while totally understandable from the outside, definitely doesn't match the reality of the situation in my eyes. And I really don't think the clique idea holds for others too, though I can only speak for myself. TOmas may want to say some stuff after me, I leave it up to him. But I'm willing to entertain the possibility that there's more to this than mistaken perception - that, unwittingly, I have been contributing more negatively to people's experiences than positively. If that's the case, then there's nothing I want more than to fix that."
Jozafat says to Ariel, "Irrelevant, I'm happy to listen regardless."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)But I can't figure out how to make things better unless I know the specifics of the actions that have bothered people. I don't know the details because of the need to keep complaints anonymous. Please, -please- talk to me if you have an issue and tell me how I can help you have a better time, or ask me for my side of the story if you feel I've squashed RP, etc. I will agree to any kind of terms on privacy that are required to make you feel comfortable talking to me."
Kinaed has transferred Farra. [OOC]
Mika waves to Farra.
Aurore is idle.
Temi gives a piece of white chocolate molded into the shape of a flame to Farra.
Aurore is no longer idle.
Aurore has returned from AFK.
Emma says, "...To be perfectly honest, this topic has been a thorn in my side for a long while. Since the post went up about Ariel not being allowed to be involved with big decisions, or, whatever it said. I don't understand it and find it wildly unreasonable. "
Ariel says, "(Tubori)If I can work with you in any reasonable, remotely IC way to help you have a good time, that's what I want to do. THis is a game and we're here to have fun."
Telimus eats Farra's chocolate.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I don't want to discuss it all too much in public because I don't want to make those who do have problems with me defend themselves here."
Farra looks at a book in her hands.
Emma claims, "Right, but that includes you, you know? You are also here to have fun."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)To be clear, I've put poor Ariel in a bad position - I've contacted him to let him know I'm fielding complaints, but I've kept the who out of it as well as a lot of the details because we DO protect people's anonymity so that we can hope to get issues raised and resolved."
Aurore says, "Honestly i know that i'm new but being a nobility mud player i can kinda understand the view"
Addienna is actually surprised to hear people complaining about anyone, but especially Ariel.
Ariel states, "(Tubori)But I don't know any other way to reach the people with complaints. I'm honestly begging y'all to contact me later, in tells or personal boards, so we can try to work things out."
Misune chuckles "When it comes to this specific topic, I am not afraid of anonymity... heck I've brought it up icly many, many times
Emma claims, "Right. He's the character who draws people into RP and always has."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)Thanks for the support, guys. But I don't want to suggest that the people complaining are 100% definitely wrong."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)There's probably some crappy thing I did without realizing it, or action misperceived or misreported from the outside."
Ariel wonders, "(Tubori)I just want a chance to set the record straight. Tomas, do you wanna say anything?"
Addienna says, "If someone doesn't like you icly, you can't fix it oocly. If someone is disliking you OOCly because of IC actions then.. I dunno."
Benne states, "I don't know what the problem is, but thank you for putting it out there in such an open and mature fashion, Ariel."
Misune claims, "Though I do have quite a lengthy pose I'm writing out in response to ariel's multiple poses, though if we don't want to get into it, I'm willing to hold off"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'm happy for you to respond, Misune"
Silrie states, "Perception, guys. Perception. I've fallen into this kind of situation too and communications the best cleanser for the grit of confusion. *shuts up and stops being weirdly poetic*"
Mika says, "(Farin)I think it's much more constructive to keep it from being a 'sides' thing"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I don't like the idea of allowing one person to talk and not others."
Arland raises a hand, "Might I suggest we extend the meeting time a bit? Seems it might be a good idea."
Ariel nods.
Tomas states, "I want to echo what Ariel has said. I know that there have been complaints about myself with the IC power qlique. I don't know where they have come from, I haven't asked. In the position of Regent I have tried to have a balance of reaching out to people as best I can to provide rp opportunities and encouragement in plot. Sometimes, some topics require some degree of secrecy, but I always talk about them with the relevant groups involved. I also don't necessarily go out and hang out in the taverns because I know it gets awkward with nobles hanging out with commoners and have felt that resistance before. I don't want to shut people out, I think as Regent it is my job to help provide rp opportunities, but again, like Ariel, I don't know what I'm specifically doing to cut people out. Please talk to me, lets work on ways to make things better."
Misune than continues writing the pose
Kinaed claims to Emma, "(Eld)To be clear about Ariel and Jennifer staying out of decisions - that was actually due to our being harassed both ICly and OOCly to make decisions for people."
Kinaed says to Emma, "(Eld)It really had gotten, at least in my case, to the level of harassment."
Tomas states, "And on the subject of Ariel, aside from the last plot event, I probably haven't talked to ariel ic in a couple of RL weeks"
Tomas claims, "And when we do meet, it's mostly ariel bitching about needing more knights"
Ariel grins.
Emma frowns. "Well that's not good either."
Gaven queries, "Was that harassment happening OOC?"
Gaven claims, "Because if it was, that goes back to the tells argument"
Kinaed claims to Gaven, "(Eld)Both."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)Timing, mostly, and busy-ness. But seriously, Court does Court stuff."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I occasionally get tagged in, but only occasionally."
Mika says to Ariel, "(Farin)I hear Ariel's got a bit of a reputation over at Court"
Arland says to Tomas, "You and ariel are two of the easiest to deal with, lemme just say that now lol"
Silrie trails off, "I think, maybe, rp limiters can come from sheer location. Even if the court malenta, can't spell, is public, there's no way sil would go there. no reason. So if your rp is limited to certain areas, maybe that's why people feel blocked? I don't, I've gotten through this with talking, but..."
Farra queries, "Alternatively, treating the fact that maybe you can't get ahold of someone or feel like you're not getting in on decisions can in and of itself be a powerful rp tool. In my humble opinion. If I understand what the complaint people have is?"
Aurore claims, "And i can definitely attest for tomas. he took up my character as a ward when i sure as hell expected no one to, but i had THREE nobles send me offers"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)I DO struggle to make time and room for newer players these days because I have too many commitments."
Arland says to Ariel, "I understand when there are time issues and what not, no one should fault you over that, and a lot has been going on ic too which adds to it."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)So it's very difficult to balance all the stuff I decided to involve myself in, and I often cn't reach out to newer folks. But I will never try to exclude anyone unless their IC actions have really merited an IC exclusion - and even then I'm willing to OOCly negotiate."
Ariel claims to Farra, "(Tubori)In general there have been complaints about myself, Tomas, and a sort of uber-powerful IC clique."
Gideon is idle.
Gideon is no longer idle.
Gideon has returned from AFK.
Farra nods at Ariel.
Kinaed says to Farra, "(Eld)It was presented to me that Ariel/Tomas/Brynieve are a power block that is insular and takes over most plots, etc, before people can get involved. I spoke with both Tomas and Ariel to raise their awareness to the perception, but I didn't have any solutions."
Tomas states, "And I struggle as well. For those who don't know, I broke my back over christmas. I've been going to physical therapy twice a week, visiting my surgeon regularly, going to therapy for my PTSD and I've just got a referal to a neurosurgeon for my back. So my time has been limited. Some of the times I'm on I'm just going through the mail and delegating to people to take care of stuff and addressing plot things, not trying to avoid people"
Silrie says, "Oh, just a note on tells. I had an incredible, what felt like all day conversation with a character in tells that really helped flush out an idea for a character. So if used right, maybe they can be helpful? And they're good for, hey, can you rp? But now that I know it's controversial, I honestly feel hesitant to send any. Ok, back to Ari's topic."
Kinaed comforts Tomas.
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)For my part..."
Jozafat smiles at Tomas.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'm a staff member. I enforce policy, but these things are policy issues."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Aren't policy issues, I mean."
Jozafat states, "The powerful encroached in their undefeatable decadence is very themely if you ask me."
Tomas declares, "And oh yeah I'm always willing to schedule rp with people! that's probably easiest! pboards/tells mails that sort of thing! I'm always happy and willing to work with people. Sometimes I lose things in the shuffle, but remind me and I'll redouble my efforts!"
Emma points at Jozafat.
Jozafat states, "I want my nobles loud and my plots wild."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Seriously though, if you're here and you're still thinking "Well he did <x> to me that one time, shut up with this stupid lovefest!" Please get in touch."
Misune clears throat "Firstly, if it has been brought up by multiple people, that usually indicates it's not just a misconception. Secondly yeah ariel may not have a stockpile of IP, but there are other ways to get ip. Thirdly, and I'll just be blunt here. Ariel, you are the type of character that scares me, icly. Whether you don't acknowledge it or not, you have influence, and ariel the character also has his hands in so many pockets. Ariel may not be as evil as some interpret him to be, but he's still terrifying on a political level, and sheerly influence level. Misune often tells people icly not to get on Ariel's bad side because he has the power to make your life a living hell, and also to just remove you as a gl." Coughs "So in summar of what I just said, you are more terrifying than you realize ariel, and very intimidating to most players."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I care about the game, but I feel whether my involvement is acceptable is a hazy, ambiguous thing."
Emma muses, "Why is any of that bad?"
Mika claims, "(Farin)The powerful encroached in their unbeatable decadence is very themely but i think it's important we keep it fun for all players"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I hope very much that my character can be intimidating while I, the player, can be seen as friendly."
Jozafat hums at Mika
Misune states, "It's not all bad, except for the first part. It's just explaining why it may be seen as complaints."
Mika says, "(Farin)I think part of the perception is that one class of players gets all the fun/plots, and that's what would be good to resolve"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I don't agree with Ariel, very often. He's a bit of a jerk and has a ton of problems. And it's hard to play that PC without upsetting people."
Ariel nods at Mika.
Silrie nods at Mika.
Emma says, "The plots thing, definitely. Probably not too hard to fix, even."
Jozafat says to Mika, "That's different. Good point."
Tomas claims, "Anyone who knows me knows I am very reluctant to actually use IP to oust GL's. I really haven't liked the system how it is so only rarely ever use it, for my part."
Jozafat awards Mika with a small good point.
Mika advocates for the peasants
Telimus nods at Mika.
Arland claims to Ariel, "Its funny you say that, I've never had issues with Ariel.. lol"
Misune trails off, "Because you are new arland... give it time"
Telimus says, "There should be more plots for southside stuffs. "
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Guys? It's almost 9am."
Emma claims, "Must clarify for the folks that talk to me in tells sometimes as friends/acquaintances before I die of guilt: I'm not moaning about your tells, I promise. I don't mind speaking with you OOCly. I'm frustrated with the steady, long-term increase of using tells where IC means are not only there, but way more appropriate."
Tomas declares, "Speaking of plots, I am still accepting farin quarter rebuilding proposals -and- charali plains colonization plans!"
Mika grins at Emma.
Mika comforts Emma.
Emma withers away into a guilt husk.
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Well, for me - top of the hour for the meeting. Did we want to carry on talking? Is there anyone with anything to say before we move on to Evrald's plug and wrappingu p?"
Emma claims, "I wouldn't mind staying."
Aurore has left the game.
Gaven waters Emma. "Bloom again."
Tomas claims, "I'm good staying"
Arland trails off to Misune, "Oh I've already met a few a-holes and scary people... lol"
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Sorry for dragging this out! Thank you all for listening/contributing. TLDR my character can be a jerk but he's not all-powerful and I OOCly just want to have a good time with all of y'all, send me tells"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)(Also good staying)"
Mika declares to Ariel, "(Farin)No problem!"
Mika states, "(Farin)If anyone would like to stay and talk about colosseum & murdering each other for profit, i'd like to stick around a moment"
Silrie claims, "From someone who has been on both sides and also uncertain oocly, I can say that communication is your best bet, and that Ari's really not so scary up close. Sil told him off once, and I still have all my limbs, yes? Well, it was more like a passive aggressive middle finger, but you get the idea."
Temi finishes abruptly, "Part of the issue is initiative too. If it seems like the same people are always getting involved, they are taking the initiative to get involved. Rarely is anyone grabbing them and dragging them along. So if you expect someone else to pick you up and throw things at you, that could lead to frustration. And if you try to get involved - even just contacting the pepole you already see involved - you will find it's all very open to more people"
Tomas states, "Ditto for me what Ariel said"
Margaux claims, "Firstly, I will say that I haven't really felt Ariel's influence in court as a general rule. I think the perception, having heard some of these complaints before, is that Ariel has fingers in a lot of pies and exerts a lot of influence, broadly, that way and people are uncomfortable taking him on because it is subtle but pervasive and also because Ariel is a staff alt."
INFO: Jier Clarkson has just created!
Misune clarifies " Not all powerful in your opinion."
Gaven claims, "A lot of Ariel's influence sort of withered when he left the Court."
Gaven claims, "He still has a lot of pull but he did lose a chunk of it."
Emma claims, "And, y'know, moral turpitude."
Emma states, "Never4get."
Gaven says, "Rofl"
Arland pontificates, "Moral turpitude!"
Evrald states, "I have felt Ariel has an intimidating aura ICly, but when I had a problem with him and spoke with him OOCly, we just talked about it and it felt resolved and everyone felt better for it. Just saying."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Not all powerful in reality, period. Many more people have much more influence on the day-to-day flow of the game even if they occasionally consult Ariel. His reputation is inflated by the sheer weight of his existence."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)This is a 4.5 IRL year old character."
Benne claims, "Good on you for that."
Telimus questions, "Okay... Next topic?"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)There's one thing that bothers me that I'd like to raise actually."
Emma claims, "There are few things I wouldn't want to consult with Ariel about, but it's my choice to do so. I certainly wouldn't be pressured by anything OOC or IC to do so. Just. Urgh."
Jozafat states to Mika, "I'd stay but gotta finish a scene. Love the idea of gladiator stuff tho'."
Evrald states, "Ariel the immortal! Anyway... I can do my shameless plug quick and easy whenever. :p"
Silrie frowns at Telimus.
Farra claims, "Need to have the Earl Marshall punch him or something to humble him. :|"
Aurore wanders into the vicinity. [login]
Jozafat looks at Kinaed
Misune would offer to do it
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Since it's out there that Ariel is a staff alt... I sort of worry that people in general think that he gets extra privileges, or that I might protect staff characters from normal IC reprocussions."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I want to be clear that I do not and will not."
Emma claims, "..if anything, I've gotten the opposite impression. And even that is a stretch."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)If anything, staff have to suck up a lot of things that non-staff don't simply to prove the point."
Kinaed nods at Emma.
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)I also was not ennobled by the usual staff-chosen application process but 100% in-game by a non-staff Monarch."
Mika says, "(Farin)We also can't touch our own alts"
Misune glances at Kinaed "That actually has alot to do with that one topic I brought up to you awhile ago in private... When a player is staff and has a character icly with so much influence in the game world, that also terrifies me."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I just want you to know (not that I'm encouraging anyone to act against anyone), but if your characters did act against a staff alt, I will *not* interfere or extend any special protection, etc."
Kinaed nods at Misune.
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Code actually prevents stating and such of alts on the same account. someone else has to look and see if there is a bug or not"
Farra states, "I think, as someone recently brought into the "IC Power Club" with Alara, perhaps some of the problem is that people don't always know the tools at their disposal."
Kinaed claims to Misune, "(Eld)I know - but being terrified doesn't mean that what you're terrified of is real."
Emma claims, "What Farra said."
Kinaed says to Misune, "(Eld)And we can't get in your head and ease those fears."
Decklin is idle.
Kinaed nods at Farra.
Gaven claims, "I've always loathed the staff can't be in positions of power argument. They should be able to play the game how they want without people being paranoid."
Emma states, "Experienced that feeling of limitation first-hand for a long time."
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)On that note - there's this book I'm thinking about writing..."
Aurore claims, "Personally i do get iffy when staff alts are nobles or otherwise powerful, too many muds let their staffs get all the goodies, and so it makes players nervous"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I have a lot of extra limits on me y'all may not know about."
Misune agress with Aurore
Silrie laughs at Kinaed. "You're encouraging us all to kill each other.
Kinaed points to the general board post about Revenge: 13 Ways...
Emma claims, "Staff alts aren't allowed to be in the primary positions of power."
Margaux questions to Kinaed, "Only 13? :P"
Gaven states, "Do we have any further topics btw? We sorta let this one derail."
Kinaed claims to Margaux, "(Eld)I guess we'll see how many come about."
Silrie says, "Okay, I had a question about that."
Misune chuckles to Emma "One doesn't need to be a gl to have power in this game."
Emma says, "If they can RP their way into having IC influence over the people that -do- hold those positions, that's good."
Tomas states, "It is perfectly valid if you wanted to try and kill someone ic, you can. I mean it's stupidly easy to overpower someone in this game"
Kinaed claims to Gaven, "(Eld)Evrald had a plug."
Evrald declaims, "Hurrah!"
Silrie says, "I want to help with this book, but what if it then just turns into a kill 'em all free-for-all? Like, my other alt? I'd not be surprised if she'd be first on a list though I cannot say why."
Mika claims, "(Farin)Mika wants to know how much gold it would take to convince you to fight a lethal bear mob in a blood-crusted pit in the Vandagan Quarter"
Mika says, "(Farin)(after)"
Gaven trails off, "I faced a bear once...."
Evrald claims, "On a completely unrelated to everything else pretty much side note... My map is now finished! There will be updates coming when remodeling happens to the quarters and the like, but for now, it is done! If anyone would like a look, please let me know. :)"
Rimilde grins at mika.
Mika has created a grey-furred ushanka, leather ties attached upon ear flaps!
Mika wears a grey-furred ushanka, leather ties attached upon ear flaps on its head.
Gaven states, "Emma's poor horse was the victim of that encounter :("
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)I'm thinking of holding a contest for ideas."
Misune gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.
Kinaed declaims to Evrald, "(Eld)I want to see it!"
Emma pours out a bottle of whiskey for Bluebell.
Mika declaims to Evrald, "(Farin)I'd like to see!"
Arland looks at a book in his hands.
Misune needs to write a similar book from the mage's persecptive
Misune can't spell today
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)Lesson 1, turn your enemies into friends. I got 3 empty support slots here, people."
Farra says, "Nothing about Emma is poor, Farra has done her part to see to that. >:|"
Evrald declaims, "I have it!"
Emma beams at Farra.
Emma claims, "Burgundy brocade, Farra."
Emma states, "Buuurgundy."
Evrald shows Mika a portable map of "Lithmore City".
Jozafat claims to Mika, "I'll stay, the other player in the scene will too :)"
Silrie locks herself in her shop and doesn't come out until the Hunger Games are over.
Mika claims, "(Farin)Nice nice"
Evrald says, "The NW, NE, SW, SE map all have zoomed in areas"
Evrald says, "With Keys."
Emma says, "That's -awesome-, Evrald."
Unrecognized command.
Silrie grins at Evrald.
Takta states, "(Vandagan)I'll be making that an IC thing for mass distribution soon, btw."
Mika nods at Evrald.
Evrald states, "I brought up when I started that I wanted to make an in game map. I was told when they thought about it before people gave up because you can't fit it on one description without being overwhelming"
Misune sighs "There goes any real need for new players to explore, which is part of the fun."
Arland says, "Yeah I'm gonna need one of those maps, I keep getting lost lol"
Evrald claims, "I too that as a challenge. >_>"
Gaven states, "You could make it an on creation spawn item."
Gaven says, "Like the Holy Pater"
Temi nods at Gaven.
Evrald states to Gaven, "That's the plan. :)"
Takta pontificates to Gaven, "(Vandagan)That is the plan!"
Gaven says, "Erm Erra Pater"
Gaven states, "Neato"
Benne laughs, "Holy Pater."
Telimus says, "I like the idea of having a kingdom map an an IC item. Something like, read map, read map vandago, read map vavardi.. Etc etc."
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)We're 10 minutes over the hour. Anyone mind if I wrap us up?"
Telimus declares, "Nope!"
Kinaed nods at Telimus.
Jozafat claims to Kinaed, "Go ahead."
Misune queries, "Ok I have one very real question. Why do we need a map? I mean sure it's neat and all, and I congratulate evrald for coming up with it and doing it, but why?"
Ariel asks, "(Tubori)Can I say one quick thing re: my topic?"
Addienna waves.
Tomas states, "There are a few places where ic maps are in game. my alt albrecht made up a couple of kingdom map map tables"
Silrie pulls circus peanuts out of thin air and munches while listening.
Emma's eye twitches.
Telimus states, "Maps are helpful ig you plan to travel."
Kinaed claims to Misune, "(Eld)Because it reduces disorientation for new players and is a good reminder for old players. It does not remove the need to explore as it can only reach a certain level of detail, but does help in a game where recall doesn't exist to reduce the weight of getting lost."
Evrald says, "Because those new to the city don't know their way around the city."
Temi claims, "We don't -need- a map, but there are some players it will help."
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Besides, maps exist IRL, so why not here?"
Temi claims, "I don't imagine any secrets will be included."
Tomas asks of Misune, "If you are new to this game, it can be -very- difficult and intimidating to find your way around. Plus... it's handy, it makes sense that someone would have mapped it out. It's like asking, why have a book about a zebra who lost his stripes? because it adds flavor to the game"
Farra claims, "Complaining about people not being able to do cool things and then immediately questioning when they do is a bit hypocrotical, sorry."
Evrald trails off, "No secrets at all actually! That comes on another map... >_>"
Evrald says, "You heard nothing."
Gaven says, "I'll admit. I don't know half of the map myself because loltravel"
Silrie trails off, "Meh maps..."
Benne can't read.
Evrald claims, "Easy to navigate, no reading nessicary"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay - thank you for coming, everyone."
Benne has the dumb.
Ariel muses, "(Tubori)One sec, Kin?"
Silrie nods.
Ariel questions, "(Tubori)Can I say one final thing?"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Staff have a few things to do today."
Kinaed states to Ariel, "(Eld)Okay, please hurry though - I have some other committments."
Jozafat claims, "The map has been very useful for me to create a spatial dimention of the city."
Arland sits down and rests.
Telimus sits down and rests.
Jozafat goes to sleep.
Ariel states, "(Tubori)So, I didn't intend to talk about the staff alt thing, but yeah, it's out there now. I limit myself in a lot of ways because of it. I don't tend to pursue investigations much anymore, I don't give advice on a lot of things anymore, etc. I've been here for four and a half years and in all that time I have never used my staff powers to benefit my alts or take revenge if they were harmed. I am more than willing to accept whatever happens to me ICly. Once, on my staffer window, I saw someone purchase a goal to burn a mage alt of mine at the stake. And I played it all through when they came for her, and she burned. I ask you all for the benefit of the doubt that I'll be fair because I think my record of conduct has earned it. Thanks."
Ariel pontificates, "(Tubori)That's it!"
Jozafat wakes up and starts resting.
Mika says, "(Farin)So there's going to be a Reeve OOC chat in here next, so if anyone would like to come talk about the colosseum, send me a tell and I'll take you to my bear cave"
Kinaed queries to Ariel, "(Eld)That was Kassia, right?"
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Yup."
Benne says, "Thanks for having us, Kinky. See y'all in game."
Kinaed nods.
Kinaed waves.
Silrie smiles at Ariel.
Silrie hugs Kinaed.
Temi states, "We promise, if Mika's bears eat you, we won't validate your death."
Silrie hugs the room.
Kinaed pontificates, "(Eld)I'll retrans everyone - then call the Reeves up separately. Thanks for coming everyone. Please VOTE!"
Mika trails off, "(Farin)Oh ... yeah, i'll... i'll move the bear"
Silrie laughs.
Kinaed hugs Silrie back.

• Information