Log of OOC meeting 5/2/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat May 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Azarial eats a beggar's costume of filthy threadbare rags, in brown wool.

A rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman declaims, "Potatoes!"

Temi says, "Potatoes are a known bug."

Kinaed trails off to a rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman, "And so we'll talk about potatoes a bit later on..."

Tomas states, "I got nothing at the moment"

Kinaed scribbles.

Temi states, "Unless you have more you want to talk about them."

Temi grins.

Kinaed questions, "Potatoes are a known bug?"

say they are

Tomas says, "They are"

say Potato bugs

Tomas claims, "Potato bugs"

Kinaed winces.

Iain Rosern has gone IAW.

Tomas claims, "Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_bug"

Temi states to Kinaed, "They aren't selling right"

Iain Rosern states, "Sorry.. also working on essays while this is going on"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial claims, "Tsk. shame on me; and here I thought he was too busy playing with his tentacle to find anything."

Kinaed states, "No worries."

Kinaed winces even more.

Azarial holds a severed length of void tentacle in her hand.

Azarial gives the base of the tentacle a firm squeeze, encouraging it to uncurl and writhe a moment, suckers grasping at empty air.

Iain Rosern holds a severed length of void tentacle in his hand.

Iain Rosern gives the base of the tentacle a firm squeeze, encouraging it to uncurl and writhe a moment, suckers grasping at empty air.

Kinaed states, "Okay, Agenda. "

Azarial pokes Kinaed with a severed length of void tentacle.

Kinaed claims, "This week, I mostly handled policy caes."

Kinaed says, "A reminder: Do not quit out of a scene where you are being arrested."

Kinaed says, "If you quit out of a scene where you are being arrested, the next time you log in, you will most likely log into a jail cell. This is because we view that behavior as avoiding RP. If you think there is something suspicious or untoward about the arrest - tell the staff, don't avoid RP yourself."

Kinaed claims, "On other notes: We have collected $70 to send to our friend, the player behind Emma ab Courtland, in celebration of her new baby."

Kinaed has transferred a young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad. [OOC]

Azarial stops using a severed length of void tentacle.

Azarial gives a severed length of void tentacle to a young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad.

Kinaed states, "It's not too late to donate for the baby: http://ti-legacy.com/donations/ "

Kinaed states, "I will be sending the money later today, my time."

Kinaed has transferred Emma ab Courtland. [OOC]

Hunapo le Marama queries, "So what is the deadline then? Six hours or so?"

Kinaed declares, "Speak of the devil, and... hi Emma!"

Azarial gives a severed length of void tentacle to Emma ab Courtland.

Emma ab Courtland trails off, "Hey! ...Ewwww"

Kinaed states to Hunapo le Marama, "Sure, six hours is fine."

Emma ab Courtland holds a severed length of void tentacle in her hand.

Emma ab Courtland gives the base of the tentacle a firm squeeze, encouraging it to uncurl and writhe a moment, suckers grasping at empty air.

Emma ab Courtland stops using a severed length of void tentacle.

Kinaed questions, "Next week, I'm still working on roles. That's it for me... any questions before I pass the mic to Azarial?"

Kinaed has transferred Roderick dul Helayn. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "Okay, Azarial, you're up."

Azarial states, "Some bugs, refixing things takta found weren;t quite fixed, and more poking at places."

Kinaed asks, "Oh, did everyone catch the final small update to HELP MUDSEX?"

Kinaed says, "The last line of #6 - do not engage in mudsex with those under the age of consent (either IC or OOC) please."

Kinaed says, "... I don't want to discuss what prompted us to add that, but I hope everyone can understand why we did and be content with the change."

Emma ab Courtland states, "...ugh."

Kinaed questions, "Azarial, anything to add, or shall we move on to Temi?"

Roderick dul Helayn shudders.

Tomas states, "Eww eww eww"

Azarial questions, "Not really? not too much for me this week that needs detailing"

Kinaed nods agreement with those present.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up."

Temi declares, "Okay!"

Temi says, "Been doing some stuff with plots and RPA and such, nothing big. I did finish my last big project last week, so I've been looking for my next big project.. and probably going to be poking at magecrafting some."

Temi says, "So, if you have ideas for things that should be added to magecrafting and have thick skin for being told, no, we can't do that, I'd love to hear them."

Temi states, "I'm probably going to delve more into magic potions since that system didn't originally exsit when we did magecrafting. Probably going to make it a bit less expensive. But probably going to keep the quality of ingredients being fairly fussy and random that characterizes magecrafting as something different"

Sawyer states, "Fish... hands... no, I got nothing."

Tomas says, "Hearthstones so you can use a recall command. make it super hard to do because it is powerful to be able to retreat home very quickly, but yeah"

Temi says, "So that's about it from me. Feel free to think over it some."

Kinaed says to Tomas, "Already in play, in a form :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial says, "Xin is roadtripping, i believe, adn takta has hit the end of term and may be comatose."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, let's move on to Player Heartbeat - how was the RP this week, folks? Anything you'd like the staff to be doing?"

Tomas claims, "RP has been pretty good, such as I've been able to participate with everything going on IRL. Some intriguing stuff. some stuff hitting the fan. it's nice"

Emma ab Courtland claims, "RP was really excellent this week. Lots of great stuff going on."

Kinaed claims, "I'm glad to hear that."

Misune Levona claims, "Rp has been interesting. Been somewhat busy this last week, and when I do have time most aren't on... so been doing alot of skill pooling."

Kinaed wonders, "Anything you'd like the staff to be doing?"

Iain Rosern claims, "RP's been good, but busy.. relearning how to balance my GL-Order pipedreams with the demands of reality and staff wishes and having to negotiate around my busy finals study schedule.. but eh, that's life"

Sawyer states, "I just came back a couple days ago after a long absence, and I enjoyed the rp I found"

Emma ab Courtland claims, "Oh, I was wondering"

Iain Rosern says, "All in all, love seeing all the good stuff that's been going on"

Iain Rosern grins at Sawyer.

Kinaed gives Emma ab Courtland an ear.

Emma ab Courtland asks, "The current plotline - are there presently places on the grid that could, potentially, be searched and have the location the next "gateways" (bad word, but you get what I mean) revealed? Or is it, at this time, something to handle with the plot system?"

Azarial gives a severed length of void tentacle to Roderick dul Helayn.

Roderick dul Helayn shudders.

Temi claims, "I think you'd have to ask Takta on that."

Roderick dul Helayn holds a severed length of void tentacle in his hand.

Roderick dul Helayn gives the base of the tentacle a firm squeeze, encouraging it to uncurl and writhe a moment, suckers grasping at empty air.

Temi says, "I don't know if she left clues in game."

Kinaed says, "I'm sorry, Emma, I have no idea."

Roderick dul Helayn stops using a severed length of void tentacle.

Kinaed queries, "Pboard her, and we can ask her to clarify to the pbase in general?"

Emma ab Courtland nodnods. "No worries! Just figured I'd ask. I'll prod her in notes."

Kinaed smiles.

Emma ab Courtland starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Roderick dul Helayn says, "I have one thing to poke about. Not RP Related."

Kinaed states, "Okay, player topics... I got one from Iain."

Kinaed queries to Iain Rosern, "Care to introduce your topic?"

Iain Rosern waves

Iain Rosern states, "I'll try and be quick, because my time is limited"

Emma ab Courtland finishes her note.

Kinaed claims to Roderick dul Helayn, "Oh, I'll add you to the list then. Please send me a tell with what your poke-age is about, so I don't forget."

Iain Rosern states, "Basically, looking to the future, I am wanting to dedicate some time to opening up Church rp a bit more in the charity direction"

Iain Rosern says, "Specifically, in finding ways to use Church money for 'stimulus' after all the magic cataclysm of late"

Azarial pulls out a dagger.

Iain Rosern queries, "Handing out grants or special loans for player projects on grid. Is there any interest in that kind of thing from the pbase? Any better ideas for how something similar could be done?"

Misune Levona wonders, "What would set it apart from the loans the merchant guild offers, or use to offer?"

Kinaed wonders, "Charity implies no return money expected, I think?"

Kinaed states, "Also, some need of the party demonstrated."

Kinaed claims, "I have an alt that might take advantage of a grant program, or even donate to a charity pool if one were established."

Iain Rosern says, "Yeah.. a lot of it would be put into no-return grants. Loans, if we had any, would be for any 'more selfish" ventures that the Church for whatever reason thnks are worth funding"

Kinaed claims, "I think Court has tried similar things before, however, and they died of lack of interest - but I never personally saw their advertising on the subject, so maybe it was a failure to get the word out."

Iain Rosern states, "And those loans would be not full pay-back"

Kinaed states, "You can certainly use plots to fund repairs of the city, etc."

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad is idle.

Tomas says, "Well the court is going to work to rebuild the sewers and do repairs, we have the money raised, we just haven't been able to do it with current plot stuff"

Misune Levona ponders "While I can't say I would have interest in it, it does seem like something that others would be, especially the grant aspect.

Kinaed nods at Misune Levona.

Iain Rosern nods to Tomas. "I imagine this would be in concert with the court too, once it starts going live IC."

Iain Rosern nods to Misune Levona.

Emma ab Courtland states, "There's always somebody somewhere looking for money they don't have. *cough* It would be neat to see the Order give it to them for projects."

Emma ab Courtland declares, "..Rebuilding Southside's chapel!"

Iain Rosern states, "I am also open to the fact that this -isn't- the way forward, which is part of the reason I'm putting it out now, to try and see if its worth the effort "

Kinaed states, "I'd suggest advancing it ICly, and advertising, etc. Worst case, no one takes you up on the free money. Best case, someone does. No harm done, RP ensues."

Kinaed states, "Having it established in RP means you can raise it in plots, etc"

Iain Rosern nods to blone

Kinaed claims, "Anything else to add, Iain? If no, someone has requested that we discuss masonry."

Iain Rosern says, "The obvious end-game on my end is to try and diversify the Order's profolio, try and establish us in RP as not just 'those guys guys who hunt mages' to match the diversity of our theme"

Kinaed states, "Last week, we discussed it, and Azarial said that it wasn't actually as hard to create as I thought, so I guess I'm interested in getting people's ideas together about how it ought to work, etc."

Iain Rosern shakes his head to Kinaed. "I think I'm good.. gotta bounce here real quick as it stands."

Kinaed nods at Iain Rosern.

Emma ab Courtland says, "Oh god yes Masonry."

Kinaed asks, "Can I ask how you would imagine it working?"

Misune Levona glances at Iain Rosern "The problem with that that so often arises is typically the order just lacks numbers to properly flesh out that rp.... just from past experiences."

Kinaed questions, "What would be the inputs? What would be restricted, etc? How would it actually work?"

A rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman is idle.

A rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman is no longer idle.
A rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman has returned from AFK.

Emma ab Courtland says, "POLCA similar to OLC? Restricted to (bias emerges here) Merchant licensed Masons, mainly because an individual who builds buildings could potentially kill a great many people if they aren't good at what they do. Buildings collapsing, etc."

Iain Rosern says to Misune Levona, "Well, my days here are numbered anyways and Order's really the only guild I've consistently enjoyed being in. So I'm crazy enough to keep trying, even if I'm just throwing myself into a brick wall. :/"

Roderick dul Helayn says, "Permits too, Emma."

Emma ab Courtland says, "I'd love to see all the mats foragable."

Kinaed queries, "Should there be any chance of buildings collapsing or negative effects from poor skill levels?"

Azarial grins.

Roderick dul Helayn wonders, "I'm not sure about that. I'd imagine some form of inspection would be required within the city?"

Emma ab Courtland says, "While it would be realistic, I don't think so. Loss of materials, maybe some damage to the builder personally, but nothing fatal."

Misune Levona says, "Part of me says no, because of the cost that already goes into it"

Kinaed says to Emma ab Courtland, "You're unlikely to get masonry to be permit only, that'd be an IC thing, though masonry might well be a merchant guildskill."

Tomas asks, "I could also see masons doing sculptures, fountains and other such features as well. They could maybe even work on 'paving' roads to reduce movement hit while traveling on them?"

Emma ab Courtland claims, "Merchant Guildskill would be best, but I am -immensely- biased."

Temi claims, "Well, you'd have to buy the land still."

Kinaed wonders, "How do we make masonry scale so that having level 75 is more valuable than rank 1?"

A rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman states, "I second merchant guildskill with -no- bias. :P"

Roderick dul Helayn claims, "Differing levels unlock different materials."

Emma ab Courtland wonders, "Wattle homes lower levels, wood mid-levels, stone is end-game?"

Azarial wonders, "Minmum rank per city quarter to work?"

Temi states, "Well, up and down exits are hard too."

Roderick dul Helayn claims, "Proficient allows wattle and wood."

Roderick dul Helayn claims, "Stone comes at adept."

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad is no longer idle.

Roderick dul Helayn states, "Allow extras above that like ammenities."

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad has returned from AFK.

Emma ab Courtland states, "Oooh, what Temi said, too."

Iain Rosern says, "With no bias, I'd say either guildskill or license"

Tomas states, "Yeah different levels different materials and different levels for doing stairs. and maybe high end is marble and the like. also those other things that aren't necessarily buildings, but other stone objects"

Azarial muses, "Door durability increases with rank?"

Misune Levona muses, "Shouldn't that stick with what the door is made of?"

Kinaed states, "I like restricting zones to build in based on skill. THings like hidden to be high ranking skill, up and down exits, maybe certain room flags."

Iain Rosern claims, "In addition, some common sense RP based restrictions too. Like with mattack/fecho in magic.. I imagine enforcement comes as part of the staff approval I expect will be required"

Iain Rosern says, "Someone with very little skill isn't building a new cathedral, even out of wattle"

Tomas states, "A hot house might be complicated to do, just to be sure it is properly insulated and sealed and what not"

Roderick dul Helayn claims, "I dunno. Zash sure did a good job."

Kinaed states, "So, the process might be - purchase land. This creates a room with a default desc that can only be entered by the mason, and people trying to walk into it get a message about that area being under construction."

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "The mason uses a POLCA to design the room, and that will cost a certain amount (resources, silver, something)."

Kinaed says, "They decide they're happy and finalize the room, it'll go to the staff Request Queue to review to ensure the building quality is to the required level."

Kinaed queries, "Should they have to apply for a permit or anything ICly that tells the staff what they intend to build?"

Roderick dul Helayn ponders.

Kinaed wonders, "That way we can control the unchecked proliferation of taverns?"

Emma ab Courtland questions, "Some way to restrict building in specific areas would be handy, too -- Say, someone tries to go in and build a basement under the crossroads, or a second Vavardi bathhouse off the Cathedral's sitting room, it wouldn't allow the addition to an existing, non-phome place. (Kinaed -- Silver or resources, perhaps? So you can either be rich and have the mats "brought in", or produce them yourself?)"

Iain Rosern states, "I'd say for anything northside, a permit system makes sense"

Kinaed nods at Iain Rosern.

Emma ab Courtland states, "I think it would be better to have the building itself not need Staff review, but once it's done Staff is notified and can come in to check it."

Hunapo le Marama pontificates, "Yay Reeve work!"

Roderick dul Helayn claims, "Master/grandmaster levels could allow public building for the Guilds and the like."

Kinaed states, "A permit should be easy enough. So a building permit needs to be added (a room flag) to the room the zone will be built off. The permit can be requested by POLCA."

Tomas wonders, "Could maybe clue in the Reeves or court as well if you wanted help with reviewing permits? I know I wouldn't mind us doing it or we could hire someone to handle it"

Misune Levona bites lip in consideration "I do have one big question about this kinaed? Masonry wouldn't completely remove staff from being able to do homes would it? Call me crazy but I don't like the thought of having to wait for a player to finish my home whenever they find the time, or god forbid they go inactive and I'm sitting there waiting. And no one had better reference that 'Oh well that's how it works in the real world.' I didn't start playing this game to have to deal with the same stuff as I deal with in the real world.

Kinaed claims, "Once the room is flagged with a permit, then the builder can have their merry way"

Azarial says, "I imagine if the builder goes idle we can throw the builders at it to finish it up."

Sawyer is idle.

Kinaed states to Misune Levona, "I'm not sure. I'd prefer if it did move staff off, partly because I wouldn't want PC masons to compete with staff, and partly because I'd like to reduce staff work where possible."

Emma ab Courtland claims, "It sounds like it would be the same basic system as it is with Staff, Misune, just, you're waiting on a player and not a Staffer. Also - the player has the incentive of being paid in silver, so they're more likely to want to do it swiftly."

Iain Rosern says, "This is a good convo, but I need to go"

Kinaed nods at Emma ab Courtland.

Iain Rosern waves

Iain Rosern has been transferred out by Azarial. [OOC]

Sawyer is no longer idle.

Sawyer has returned from AFK.

Azarial has transferred a rosy-cheeked young Lithmorran woman. [OOC]

Kinaed states, "It does make it, theoretically, harder to get the secret grove of devil worshiping built into your basement... but you can always become a mason yourself, and heaven knows people often look the other way."

Roderick dul Helayn queries, "If you wanna make permits RP'd, Kinaed, may I suggest tying the actual permit to the Reeves with part of its fee being given to the Guild as an incentive to get them done expediently?"

Kinaed says, "Ultimately, I'd like to see it go in."

Kinaed claims to Roderick dul Helayn, "You can, but I'd probably not do that."

Sawyer claims, "I know historical precedent for how to hire builders to create secret death rooms"

Roderick dul Helayn says, "Though the Merchants would probably make more sense."

Roderick dul Helayn nods.

Azarial laughs.

Kinaed states, "It'd make IC sense, but I don't want them to be held responsible for what people build, and I do want staff to have an overview of what's going permanently onto our grid. I also don't want to extend the process with too many fingers in the pie saying 'yes' before anything can happen."

Azarial states, "There is that. I suppose some rooms would still need to be staff handled to rpevent a sudden loss of trained masons."

Sawyer claims, "H. H. Holmes. Okay I'm gonna be quiet again"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll see if I can write a proposal up this week or next."

Kinaed asks, "Thanks for the input, everyone. Anyone have anything else they'd like to add?"

Emma ab Courtland claims, "Agreed on the limiting of fingers in the pie. The swifter the better."

Roderick dul Helayn ponders.

Kinaed states, "Well, we have 10 minutes left."

Kinaed questions, "Happy to wrap up early, unless anyone has something further they'd like to discuss?"

Temi asks, "Was that Roderick's question?"

Emma ab Courtland muses, "All set on this front. Could I get a magicteleport back?"

Roderick dul Helayn states, "Sure was."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Not aware of anything else then."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "Thanks for coming, everyone."

Emma ab Courtland declaims, "Thanks for having us!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Remember - donations for Emma are open for the next six hours, then I'll be sending her the cash!"

Sawyer pontificates, "Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!"

Kinaed states, "Http://ti-legacy.com/donations/"

Emma ab Courtland says, "Iudhfiegf "

Roderick dul Helayn cackles.

Kinaed waves cheerfully.

Temi giggles.

• Information