OOC Meeting - 4/11/15

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Pixie

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Kinaed muses, "Okay, for today's OOC Chat, our agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Does anyone have anything else they'd like to add to the Agenda to make sure we talk about it?"

Emma says, "Hmmm. I don't believe so."

Kinaed says, "Well, if anyone thinks of anything, let us know."

Bryce states, "I'd like to ask about a change to archery."

Kinaed nods at Bryce.

Kinaed declaims, "Noted for inclusion when we get to Player Topics. Thanks, Bryce!"

Bryce states, "Np"

Kinaed says, "Okay, as usual, I'll kick off Staff Updates. I approved a few changes, requested the personal board star, approved the target shooting specification for archery, fixed a few broken help files, but was mostly AWOL due to Easter, work, and whatnot."

Emma states, "Love the personal board star. Love love love. "

Kinaed states, "Also, on Takta's behalf, her update (because she couldn't attend) is:

- She put some old ruins back on grid, keep an eye out
- She put a Path of Fire temple back on grid, once again, keep an eye out...
- She wrote specis for edits on repair and to add the aforementioned approved archery target-shooting spec
- She drafted up an idea for treat that I've read and did not approve
- She's done a lot of wood working tweaks from feedback
- And resolved multiple typos."

Kinaed smiles at Emma.

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed muses, "Any questions about any of the above?"

Misune agrees with Emma "It is certainly a nice change."

Bryce states to Kinaed, "I do have one about the woodworking one"

Emma wonders, "Interested in the idea for treat. Is it too tentative to mention details at this point?"

Kinaed says to Bryce, "Please ask, but a warning - we might not be able to answer without Takta. I can pboard her the question, however."

Kinaed states to Emma, "Well... it mostly wanted to can the battle-ship approach and just make it the number of items required for a particular wound would increase, and reduce the number of emotes."

Bryce says to Kinaed, "I had asked that charcoal be set up so it takes logs directly, I think I got misunderstood, the bulk charcoal got that, but regular charcoal didn't get it."

Emma states, "Ohh. Hmm... God, I'd be on board and then some for a reduction of emotes. Would be saddening to see the "minigame" style go away, but it would make sense, I suppose. Doesn't match most other systems in concept."

Kinaed says to Bryce, "Okay, I think you should pboard Takta. Apologies, but I'm not sure if she actioned that change, or if she did what the intent was."

Bryce states, "K will do"

Misune ponders "The only time the number of emotes becomes a problem is when in combatstory situations..

Misune claims, "Suppose to be a backslash between combat and story"

Kinaed claims, "I think phyicians have a few concerns about it, but given how difficult the system was to organise, I have to admit I'm not entirely keen on abolishing it for what was proposed."

Emma nods.

Kinaed states, "I'd probably rather find a middle ground that addressed what Physicians don't like without redoing the system in its entirety."

Emma muses, "Removing the need to emote per point treated, instead you emote per wound completed?"

Misune shakes head "I can't say I would be on board for the change... Treat has gone through alot to try and reduce the spam... but I don't think there is a way to do it without completely destroying/removing the current method."

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Perhaps."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure either, but the changes requested are coming from people playing physician characters."

Kinaed states, "So I can't discount their concerns."

Kinaed says, "I think at the moment, nothing has been decided and I need to look at it more, but my initial thought was that I'd prefer not to change things to the extreme requested... but I'm not sure how far I am looking at compromising yet."

Emma nodnods.

Kinaed declares, "That's myself and Takta. Az, you're up!"

Azarial says, "An assortment of small bugs and features, advancing sacrifice and target shooting, and thanks to a series of crashes and spammy wiznet sanity checking, I believe I have finalyl resolved an issue with pets dating back several years."

Azarial says, "There should not be any more doubled pets, pets following poeple not their owner, and no more masterless pets causing crasshes."

Emma states, "What -is- sacrifice? If we have the time to go over that."

Kinaed claims, "Very excited about the pets fix, myself."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Bryce pontificates, "You can't take digger away!"

Kinaed states, "Sacrifice is the means by which a non-mage can kill a buddy and become a mage."

Emma claims, "Egads. That's wickedly evil. And awesome."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes trails off, "....wow"

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "That /is/ awesome."

Misune wonders, "Well if memory serves me right it's suppose to be like even more taboo than demon summoning... right kinaed?"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed says, "Or roughly the social equivalent."

Emma says, "Yeah, makes sense."

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man is idle.

Misune ponders though "That that does remind me of something kinaed... I vaguely remember discussion about sacrifice and there being talk that a mage who comes into being through that method would potentially be more powerful than a natural mage... is that still part of the plan?

Kinaed claims, "Not at the moment."

Misune nods "Hmm. Ok good to know."

Kinaed claims, "The question is what element they'd have, and I think we decided it'd be based on the moon pattern at time of sacrifice or something."

Kinaed muses, "There was a question of what if a mage were to sacrifice someone, would they become more powerful?"

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes claims, "Void or Fire seems fitting to me myself."

Kinaed states, "We haven't established that."

Misune arches brow "Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be whatever element the mage sacrificed is for them to become, because I was under the impression it had to be a mage that was sacrificed or am I misremembering?

Bryce claims, "I have an idea for that, but it might be too much work. >.>"

Kinaed says, "We don't have any specific things fleshed out for that."

Kinaed claims, "But it may make sense - except that's extremely limiting in a way."

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man is no longer idle.

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "Which might not be a bad thing."

Misune arches brow "How is it limiting?"

Kinaed states, "I think we've covered all of Staff Updates, btw."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes says, "Would be cooler if it was left vague."

Kinaed says, "There are some elements that are particularly rare."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes wonders, "There are? Are those the primary elements or are they like...hidden ones?"

Kinaed has transferred an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion. [OOC]

Misune ponders this "I supppose that is true... I mean I personally would just see that as making it more of a challenge... but I can also see how it would be annoying for most others."

Kinaed states, "There are no hidden elements. I mean, fire and void mages are particularly common. Air and water mages, more difficult to find."

Misune laughs "And earth, pratcically unheard of."

Kinaed claims to Bryce, "I think it'd take too heavy of an ultimate toll on the pbase."

Bryce nods to Kinaed, " I can see that being a problem."

Kinaed states, "Okay, happy to continue talking about this, but I would like to touch our agenda items today also. Particularly, staff updates are given, so it's time for Player Heartbeat next"

Kinaed asks, "How was the RP this last week? Everyone enjoying the game? Anything the staff can be doing to help it out?"

Bryce states, "Rp has been okay."

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man claims, "I gotta say that I've gotten a particularly warm welcome back from the general pbase. So thank you all for that."

Emma claims, "Conflicting and difficult, which generally means awesomeness."

Kinaed just found dental floss in her shirt and thinks last night was more exciting than she realized.

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "Love it. The demon plot was AMAZING and has some lingering effects rpwise which are cool."

Emma says, "..rofl Kinaed."

Kinaed states to a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man, "It is good to see you back."

Misune shrugs "Been rather busy for me this last week, so haven't had much time to hop on the game, though the event last sunday was the highlight of my week and was worth the almost... 7 hours i think?"

Kinaed queries to a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man, "Where did you disappear to, if I may be curious? :)"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed says, "I'm glad to hear people enjoyed the recent demon plot."

Kinaed states, "There are some people who didn't, so we're aiming for a more political plot next time."

Bryce will stay away from that plot.

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man claims to Kinaed, "The UK, ha! And buying a house and getting my business set up, all that."

Kinaed states to a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man, "Oh, I hope that goes well."

Kinaed has transferred a winsome caramel-blonde nymphet. [OOC]

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet puts her weight on one stirrup and swings her leg over a cremello colt with elaborately braided hair.

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet easily dismounts from a cremello colt with elaborately braided hair.

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes claims, "Meah, political"

Kinaed claims to a winsome caramel-blonde nymphet, "We're just doing the Player Heartbeat now, where players tell us how they're feeling about the game and if staff can/should do anything to help improve stuff."

Emma opposes a tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes and claims, "YAY, POLITICAL!" >.>

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes says, "As long as it has potential for those of us who arent in the positions of power to get involved and affect it, it'll be cool."

Kinaed says to a tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes, "Like it or not, we have a few differing tastes in the pbase. :)"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet claims, "Cool Beans, I've not been as active as I used to, but I've got no complaints"

Misune shrugs "I just think the issue with the recent plot is the fact that it was rather exclusive in a way... up till the sun dissapearing."

Kinaed nods at a tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion agrees with Emma

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed says, "The whole plot originated as political. The Daravi Refugees came. Farin insisted they were evil."

Bryce pontificates, "At least 7 of them were! :P"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet queries, "Are the apps still available for the Daravi? I'm working on writing one up"

Kinaed claims, "We decided on two potential outcomes - players side with Farin and the Daravi refugees get upset and... well, that's the path the players took, so you see the results of that... OR the players side with the Daravi and Farin secedes."

Emma says, "Oh god."

Kinaed says, "Yeah, sad you didn't go down the other path? Hehe."

Azarial chuckles softly, one ear fluttering briefly.

Misune ponders "Bah, farins.. Touchy aren't they?"

Emma states, "If I'd have had my way... *grin* Farin would have ended up accidentally gone."

Kinaed states, "About Daravi? Pretty much."

Kinaed declares, "Okay, let's get to the fun part of the chat - Player Topics!"

Bryce claims to Emma, "Well the Farin Quarter did disappear, so you kind of won."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes claims, "Oh man a secession would have been amazing"

Misune trails off, "Though to be fair... they did just have an assassination so makes sense they would kind of be on edge"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet queries, "Did anyone answer me about the apps?"

Kinaed questions, "Bryce states, "I'd like to ask about a change to archery." .. shall we talk about that?"

Emma claims, "They're still up on the board, winsome."

Misune says, "Yes, they are still open /winsome"

Kinaed claims to a winsome caramel-blonde nymphet, "I didn't, missed the question."

Bryce states, "K it'll take a sec to type it up"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet states, "Ok, thanks. that's what I thought"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet says, "Was just asking if they're still open. "

Kinaed exclaims, "Any role open on the Announce board is still open!"

Kinaed nods at a winsome caramel-blonde nymphet.

Emma states, "After Bryce -- Brief idea to pitch."

Emma claims, "If we have time."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Azarial says, "Side note, i do hope ti hvae more time for code affter tax season, when I get my spouse back from the IRS."

Kinaed queries to Azarial, ".. wha?"

Azarial claims, "Tax preparer."

Bryce states, "So I understand archers getting a - to hit when someone charges them, makes sense. The thing I'd like to have removed is the defensive penalty that archers get. I know the helpfile says that it is because of the large item in your hands, but honestly it's no different than a spear or polearm. Since both of those would have about the same 'clumsiness' if not more."

Kinaed says, "Ahh"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed wonders, "I'm not sure what you mean by a negative to hit when someone charges?"

Azarial claims, "I figured that balanced out the ability to hit from most of the area outside where melee weapons could reach"

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "The penalty is just on range, right?"

Azarial claims, "If they are attacked in melee, there is a penalty to the archer on the damage done. two steps, I think? as per the spec."

Kinaed muses, "Ie, someone charges you, you have a negative penalty because they're up close and there's not enough room to aim properly?"

Azarial says, "They take more damage when hit in combat. charge is not affected."

Kinaed states, "Hmm."

Bryce states to Kinaed, "Now in melee(medium to close i guess) that makes sense, but the helpfile suggests its on all combat."

Kinaed states, "I vaguely recall the reasons for that."

Emma claims, "More difficult to defend yourself with a bow versus a trident or spear, I suppose. You could feasibly knock somebody's blow aside with the last two."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Azarial states, "Ruin a good bow doing that."

Kinaed states, "I think it's viewed that if someone is swinging at you with something, and all you have is that flimsy bow to defend yourself, you'll have negatives. And this is primarily because archery isn't to be as strong as a long reach weapon and particularly is not built for melee."

Kinaed says, "Damage wise, archery is as strong as a sword."

Kinaed queries, "Any other thoughts or concerns on that topic?"

Misune asks, "Didn't emma have a brief idea to pitch?"

Emma claims, "Not related to the bow topic - separate one."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed says, "Okay, Emma... want to introduce us to your pitch? We only have about 15 minutes, so we probably should discuss that."

Kinaed declaims, "Er, discuss it now!"

Kinaed has a new laptop with a considerably smaller keyboard, and keeps hitting things like Enter unintentionally.

Azarial knows taht feeling.

Emma claims, "For things that tend to be reasonably low priority, I wanted to suggest the idea of automating portions. The idea specifically addresses minor building changes -- With no real way of knowing, I would assume they're probably both numerous and irritating to field for Staff when there's a dozen or more other, more vital things they're working on. My suggestion is a coded system that would allow for description changes in rooms -- charges the 100 silver to the player, player must own the room, and it allows you to set the description one time. "

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "Oh now that would be neat."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "Would take work off of the builders too."

Kinaed states, "We intend to get there, actually, with masonry."

Emma says, "1 time per 100 silver. Code-wise this could be impossible, depending on OLC."

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet , seconds the motion

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes questions, "MASONRY?"

Emma declaims, "Oh cool!"

Kinaed nods.

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "SAY OH MY GOD YES PLEASE"

Kinaed claims, "I was hoping to create it so that players could build homes and full areas all by themselves just by buying the prerequisite materials, etc."

Kinaed says, "Then the rooms would go into a queue for the staff to approve rather than build."

Emma says, "That would be so incredibly amazing. I can't even."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes wonders, "Is it gonna be a trade?"

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes claims, "Oh my god yes"

Kinaed claims, "That was my intent, but it's been in the works for a long time."

Bryce cants his head, " And maybe merchants getting a message that x improved their home?"

Kinaed says, "I just haven't brought it up because it's been of slightly lesser priority than a lot of stuff on. This is the first time I've heard a suggestion to imply it might be in demand."

Azarial queries, "Why would the merchants need to know?"

Kinaed claims to Emma, "It's a bit extreme/further than you were suggesting, however."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes says, "Would need to if they handled a lease on the house."

Emma states, "Definitely would be wanted, at least from this end. It can be frustrating to wait on something that feels simple -- I can only assume it's equally frustrating for Staff to be flooded with things that are just... very non-vital."

Bryce says to Azarial, "Just something that might happen. updating a room icly means hiring people to do the work which would likely be merchants, in the long run, it could help in searches from the more combative guilds."

Emma says, "Masonry as a trade would be fantastic. The ability to update descs at the 100s cost, automated system-like, as a part or separate to that system, fantastic. Even better as a part of the system."

Kinaed states, "It depends. Private phome desc updates don't concern me very much except two things:

1. Really bad grammar and just poor building quality in general getting into the game.
2. People descing their one-room wooden cabin as a stone castle."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "Would be nice if purchasing of houses at the realty place could be automated in some fashion."

Emma claims, "Could prompt Staff when an update is made for general review"

Kinaed states, "Yeah."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Misune ponders "Not to mention lack of privacy... I've had homes before that had rooms or secrets I certainly wouldn't want my fellow players knowing about."

Azarial states, "We have a requet approval system; shouldn;t be too miserable to add in the approval of room descs"

Kinaed says, "Hence the approval queue on masonry."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Bryce states to Misune, "Not saying the message would say what was improved, just that there was an improvement. 'Bryce improved his wooden house.'"

Misune denies having a 'dungeon' of any sorts... "And I know you aren't saying that bryce, I'm saying in general if you have other building your home, there is that risk...

Kinaed says, "I'll remember the suggestion. There'd probably also need to be an alert to the Chancellor of the Exchequer."

Bryce states, "Risk = rp"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, the biggest issue in my mind is how to make OLC appropriately and restrictively available to masons to build a phome."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes claims, "Would be cool having to make a shady deal with a builder to make that hidden room."

Misune states, "When it takes forever and a day to gather the money to build your home, I would rather not have the risk of some player screwing me over"

Kinaed states, "We'd all rather not have risk in our dealings, but it doesn't mean the game isn't better for having it."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes wonders, "Then learn the trade or RPA it?"

Emma states, "Hmm. Some sort of shadow "Staff" rank that's codedly granted Builder permissions, public rooms could be flagged somehow to prevent masonry edits."

Kinaed claims, "It's less that and more 'what will they have to have to build stuff' and if they do have access, which fields will be auto-set, etc."

Emma says, "This is an exciting prospect... Looking forward to it someday popping up."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, yes, I've planned to have masonry since 2011."

Kinaed states, "Given that there's interest, I'll make that a priority after roles code."

Emma cheers!

Kinaed muses, "I think we're working on Places Code atm?"

Azarial says, "Tying to get there; need to finish the current ones."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed queries, "Anything else to discuss in the next five minutes? :)"

Misune ponders "Perhaps have a coded poll on the forum kinaed, because this is a rather small meeting. Just to get the true interest in seeing masonry?"

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man is idle.

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet muses, "Are those dolls for the taking?"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed says, "We can do that."

Kinaed nods at a winsome caramel-blonde nymphet.

Azarial says, "Help yourself to the goodies"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet gets an alluring yet plain nightingale doll.

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes claims, "I'll admit one concern for places code. Love it but I've rarely seen it actually used on other games."

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet states, "Thanks =)"

Azarial says, "It worked well on attonment, and was used."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes states, "By players that is."

Kinaed says, "I think people here will use places code quite a lot, particularly for mass and burnings."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes says, "Really? Thats awesome."

Azarial states, "It can narrow down alrge scenes into a couple of smaller scenes for ease of RP"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet says, "I like the idea, but have never seen it before (places code) I figure if the syntax is easy it'll be popular"

Emma says, "MUSH Places code doesn't get mush use. The Places code here looks like it's going to be a great deal more approachable."

Kinaed claims, "Our biggest problem is that there are certain types of RP where massive rooms of people are practically enforced."

Emma claims, "..Hah. *Much"

Kinaed states, "It gets nasty with the inquisitor standing at the head of the room seeing some make an obscene gesture at them at the very back of the crowd, for example."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "My concern is that it will exclude newbies from the in-group if they're already engaged in their group."

Azarial states, "If it;s not approcahbvle, then it will be massaged until it is."

Misune arches brow "Not sure how I would actually feel about seeing it in mass or burnings... then again I don't fully understand places codes.. Doesn't it allow small groups to rp without others seeing their poses except those in the 'group'?

Kinaed says to an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion, "That could be a problem, but I'd like to see proof that it is one before not setting places up. They're too good to help with our problems in large RP settings."

Kinaed states, "Sort of."

Kinaed says, "Other people can still see, if they look."

Kinaed claims, "And they'll see that you're in a group."

Kinaed states, "They can eavesdrop if they want to."

Emma trails off, "Divides rooms into sections, sort of? Makes things like whisper, etc., more sensical. Someone sitting at the bar wouldn't hear you whispering to someone at the back door? Cuts down in crazy spam and confusion..."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed has created the Places Spec Updated[10].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 10)the Places Spec Updated

Emma gets the Places Spec Updated.

Kinaed states, "Feel free to have a look."

read places
Emma studies the Places Spec Updated in her hands.
01: Places Overview
02: Eavesdropping
03: Messages and Calculations

Emma claims, "Thanks"

read 01
Emma examines the Places Spec Updated.
Subject: Places Overview
Date: Sun Mar 16 08:51:03 2014

Lunisda, June 29

OVERVIEW

Syntax: join <name|place> <emote>
join kick <name> <emote>
join <place|name> large
join create <place>
join leave <emote>
eavesdrop <name|place>
jmote <emote>
jsay <say>
jwhisper <say>

When players are joined to a place, all jmotes, jsays, etc will echo
only to themselves and those joined to the same place, used exactly like
their counterparts, emote and say.

Join <name|place> <emote> will either join a character with a furniture
object or join a character at the furniture object their target player is
already joined to. The joining emote will echo to all players in the room
so that players know the character is now joined. Players must be adjacent
to a place to join it. IE, you must approach the place to join it in the
room. When joined, your coordinates will match that of the place.

Example:

join Azarial slides into the booth next to /aza.
Kinaed slides into the booth next to Azarial. 0oin]

or

join booth slides into the booth next to /aza.
Kinaed slides into the booth next to Azarial. 0oin]

If no players are joined with the furniture, then the object's long
desc will appear as normal in a room (thus, if it has the holylight flag,
the long desc will not appear in the room). If a player is joined to
a furniture object, the the furniture object's long desc will print
to the room with sub-info regarding the player's presence (thus, a
furniture piece that is flagged Holylight's long desc will become
visible), and the character's normal action will not appear in the room.

Example:

A table surrounded by two couches squats in the corner.
Kinaed, Azarial, and Takta are there.

(Kinaed, Azarial, and Takta will not otherwise be reported to the room.)

When looking at a furniture object, the following line will be appended
to the object:

<Object Extra Description>
A table surrounded by two couches holds 3 of 6 people.

Join create <place> will create a temporary furniture item in the room.
The person who created it will automatically be joined to it when they
exit the POLCA, and the temporary furniture object will be silently
and automatically extracted when the last player joined to it departs.
They can also be purged.

Join kick <name> <emote> will remove someone from a place you've joined.
Anyone who is joined can kick anyone else out, but an emote must be included
to say how they're removing the person (generally physically pushing them
out, etc). Being kicked will appear as an emote with a message to the other
players in the room. When kicked or leaving a place, your coordinates will
match the place. Also, kicked characters auto-matically eavesdrop.

Example:

join kick azarial kicks /az out of the conversation.
Kinaed kicks Azarial out of the conversation. [Kick]

Join leave <emote> will also leave a place, showing the players in the
room an emote to that effect.

Example:

join leave slides out of *table.
Kinaed slides out of a table surrounded by two couches. [Leave]

Join create <place> will enter a player into a POLCA to create a
temporary place that will be destroyed when the player leaves. The 'place'
will automatically be entered into the places POLCA as the keyword, but
can be edited once the player is in the POLCA. Example, typing 'join
create table' will enter the POLCA as follows:

Places Preparation

Keywords : table
Short Desc : a table <short desc, limit: 59 chars, default 'a <place>'>
Long Desc : A table is here. <long desc, limit: 70 chars, default 'a <place> is here.'>
Seats : <the number of people a place can hold, defaults 2>

Type "done" to create the place or "cancel" to abort.

Places will automatically be created at the coordinates of the player. When
a temporary place is created, it is destroyed when the last person leaves its
join.

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man is no longer idle.

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet gets the Places Spec Updated.

Kinaed states, "Happy to review any pboard requests/suggestions"

Misune grimaces "Yeah see... In my mind there are large scenes were having private little groups would not make sense... such as a mass where it is typically quiet enough that most can hear what others are saying... burnings are a different story since that's a more open area, hence more room for hiding talking

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man has returned from AFK.

Misune shrugs "But then again I forgot to take into account whispering and whatnot so I could be wrong

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet says OOCly, "Maybe different rooms, have different rules for how much one place can hear another?"

A winsome caramel-blonde nymphet muses, "Maybe different rooms, have different rules for how much one place can hear another?"

Kinaed says, "I think it's appropriate to let people choose what they'll emote quietly and not. We already have to trust people to use emote on its own appropriately and show off what their character is actually doing that'd be seen."

With the wail of a classic guitar, the ground splits open in a fount of lava to birth a triumphantly rockin' Takta. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "Similarly to how we have to hope people will use think rather than hide what they're thinking in case a mage could see it."

Kinaed says, "It's not perfect, but it's RP."

Emma claims, "They're dynamic, it seems. So you wouldn't automatically have any scene divided. But if you were sitting in a pew in the very back at mass right next to someone else, you could create a temporary "Place" for a few emotes between you and that person without it spamming up the already spammy big scene."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed states to Takta, "Hey, we're just wrapping up :) I gave your update."

A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes has lost link.
A tall man with long brown hair and emerald eyes has reconnected.

Takta states, "Thanks! I thought I'd pop in since I just woke up."

Kinaed claims, "It is a bit past the hour now... anyone mind if we do wrap up? I love the comments and appreciate the time, but I do need to get cracking on some work for TI, and today is really my only day to concentrate on it."

Emma claims, "I don't mind."

Kinaed exclaims, "Thanks!"

Kinaed states, "And thank you, everyone, who attended today to give us your feedback and to hear what's on the agenda."

Kinaed claims, "Please contact me via Personal Board with any additional thoughts."

• Information