Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have anything they'd like to add to the agenda at this time to ensure that we discuss it today?"

An unremarkable man is still trying to figure a few things out.

Kinaed says to an unremarkable man, "Please feel free to ask any questions you have."

An unremarkable man claims, "I will, thanks."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion has lost link.
An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion has reconnected.

Azarial claims, "Good thing we cleaned up the cookies. no point in traumatizig new players. <_< >_>"

Kinaed says, "But with the general ringing silence, I'll kick off the Staff Updates. Last week I popped in and handled a few policy issues, but have concentrated on my IC duties when I have free time. I hope today to get through some old board posts and clean up some boards, but I have a lot of IC stuff on. Stay Tuned."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "You're up. What's the update on the Azarial front?"

Azarial says, "Well, cleared a bunch of notes this morning. I hcvae completed the major portions to archery, charge, and finished throwing; this involved making sure the weapon twohanded flag was respected. quivers and arrows should be making their way to the grid at some point after basic testing; takta is down with (I would guess) confunk."

Misune arches brow "What is charge?"

Kinaed states, "That's right, folks - ranged weaponry is now in testing with Staff. When we're done testing, it will be ready for release."

Azarial says, "Charge replaces step and lunge in combat."

Azarial says, "Once it is assured of functionality, those two commadns will be deprecated for combat use."

Kinaed claims to Misune, "It's a command to use in combat to, in one command, attempt to place yourself at a particular range to another player."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Misune muses, "Hmm... Will step and lunge still be usable out of combat? And by attempt I assume you mean it has a chance to fail?"

Kinaed claims, "It does have a chance to fail, I think. Step and lunge will be removed."

Misune says, "Well... that kind of sucks. Step and lunge do have quite a few uses out of combat.."

Azarial says, "Well, step does have its uses in basic room placement."

Azarial says, "That's what it was used for before combat was added to it."

Kinaed states, "Removed for combat."

Iris claims, "I've been looking at the helpfiles for stories and plots, getting public opinion how we can make the learning curve better for both to encourage more people to be active, as well as starting to write up a battle plan for formatting in regards to those! Meanwhile, plot stuff as normal, I've had to viciously backtrack after new problems were found with the system, which means that some routes of the plot are not going to happen, unfortunately. The priority now is making both systems easier for players to approach."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, Misune, you usually say most changes suck. :P"

Iris has gone AFK.

Misune smirks "Well, I won't deny that. Though that stems from my lack of faith."

Kinaed says, "Anyone else have any thoughts or comments before we move on? Iris threw in his update because he has to run soon."

Tomas states, "I am really looking forward to ranged combat, should be fun"

Kinaed smiles at Tomas.

Kinaed asks, "Any other questions or thoughts?"

Kinaed states, "If not, Takta sends her regards. She's been very ill OOC and unable to do much last week, but is working on Woodworking still."

Kinaed claims, "With the advent of flight, I'm trying to figure out which building staff I can convince to create sky."

Azarial states, "And clarifying the archery spec as needed."

Azarial states, "I was trying to remember if that was thi week or alst week."

Kinaed says, "And little RP nooks that you can only reach by flying."

Azarial claims, "Falling code should be functional as well."

Azarial descends, landing.

Azarial rises into the air and takes flight!

Kinaed claims, "Any questions or concerns? If not, we're on to Player Heartbeat."

Misune states, "Seems to consider "With the whole flight thing... well I'm going to take an educated guess and assume only mages will have access to it."

Kinaed states to Misune, "Yes, it's an air spell."

Azarial claims, "Magecraft might alter that; we'll see."

An emerald eyed man with auburn hair says, "Unless you biologically gene mutate yourself with a bird. that seems fair."

Kinaed grins at an emerald eyed man with auburn hair.

Misune says, "Alrighty, then onto my second thing. With these 'sky' rooms it seems like it would just be a perfect chance for any mage on the run to hide from whoever is after them indefinitely"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion asks, "You probably can't evoke spells in the air?"

Kinaed states, "It certainly is hard to catch someone flying."

Kinaed says, "But it's also hard to catch someone hiding in a basement."

Misune trails off, "Thus giving a truly unfair advantage... at least with the manus tower there was a possible way to get in... "

Karrina states, "I imagine that the spell will not last forever, Misune, so they will eventually have to come down."

Azarial muses, "Oh look, archery. shoot them down?"

An emerald eyed man with auburn hair states, "Throw things at them"

Azarial pontificates, "Hey, someone wrote that too. awesome!"

Kinaed has transferred Estrilda. [OOC]

Kinaed gives an egg-shape ceramic doll to Estrilda.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, so ... player heartbeat. How's RP been, folks?"

Kinaed queries, "Anything you'd like the staff to be doing to help you out?"

Bryce says, "It's been kind of blah on my end"

Kinaed comforts Bryce.

Kinaed questions to Bryce, "What's the cause of that?"

Shaylei claims, "IT'S BEEN AWESOME."

Shaylei claims, "Stressful and chaotic, but good :)"

An emerald eyed man with auburn hair claims, "I can't even read"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "Lot of confessions lately."

Kinaed nods at an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion.

Misune chuckles "Having sweet sweet revenge this last week has made my rp quite good."

Kinaed says, "Well, there's two opposing views."

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad states, "I am just kind of trying to get back into the swing of things after being away for a bit i had some rl stuff that was taking up alot of my time"

Tomas claims, "Haven't had much rp myself lately"

Kinaed nods at a young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad.

Kinaed wonders to Tomas, "Why not?"

Tomas states to Kinaed, "A combination of things"

Kinaed wonders to Tomas, "Is there anything staff can do to help?"

Tomas claims, "Not really, no"

Kinaed nods, "Well, I'd encourage people to please consider RPing with Tomas if you have the capacity to do so."

A person wearing a featureless leather cloak speaks suddenly, breaking from their hiding spot.

A person wearing a featureless leather cloak says, "Maybe if he throws off the trappings of wealth and power and takes a trip into Southside. ;)"

A person wearing a featureless leather cloak exclaims, "I'd love to RP with him there!"

Bryce promotes recommending shamelessly.

Misune nods to a person wearing a featureless leather cloak "I hear it's a happening place."

Kinaed coughs, blushing.

Kinaed says, "Yes, well. I did not mean to encourage anyone to mug and/or kill him. That said, it might be good fun."

Tomas says, "I've already had enough murder attempts this week"

A person wearing a featureless leather cloak says, "Who said anything about mugging? I was thinking we could get lapdances under the Stardust."

Misune glances at Kinaed "Who said anything about mugging or killing? There are so many more things to do in southside."

Karrina says, "It has been alright. Haven't been in much of the mood for RPing."

Azarial asks, "Tomas's codpiece falls off when he;s drunk?"

An unremarkable man is idle.

An unremarkable man is no longer idle.

Kinaed states, "I'll have to visit Southside."

A person wearing a featureless leather cloak chuckles.

Azarial wonders, "Has the reworked xblock helped prevent accidental wanderings?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, anything fun to discuss? If we don't have any topics (gosh, OOC Chats have been winding down the last few ones we've had)."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, if we don't have anything, I'll load up some streamers and cake, and we can just celebrate a week gone by with one another."

A person wearing a featureless leather cloak declares, "Support your local bounty broker... fill a bounty!"

Temi skips in down a rainbow, which sparkles away behind her. [OOC]

Iris says, "I believe there's to be a hanging after this. Or an escape. We'll see."

Azarial waves to Temi.

Temi waves.

Temi declares, "I didn't miss the whole thing!"

Kinaed pontificates to a person wearing a featureless leather cloak, "And make some cash for it too!"

Azarial says, "If it's a hanging, I'll pop in and observe."

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "Nope. Want to give your update?"

Misune sighs "We need more quarterings... that code hardly ever gets used."

Temi states, "No? My update is I made very little progress. And need some sleep."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Oh, okay."

Azarial says, "I think everyone's sick. I know xinoe is down and out."

Temi wonders to Kinaed, "Did they tell you it's daylight savings tomorrow here?"

Azarial trails off, "......"

Kinaed states, "Nope."

Azarial muses, "It is?"

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad claims, "Yep"

Tomas says, "It is, time to spring forward"

Temi pontificates, "Oh well.. it's daylight savings tomorrow!"

Kinaed states, "I guess that means, next OOC Chat might be at a different time."

Azarial says, "Well, I guess on the brightside, the boy gets up an hour later."

Karrina says, "Yep, time to put those clocks forwards in the good young US."

Misune arches brow "Oh... I had no clue whatsoever about that."

Kinaed says, "I'll post up when it will be."

Misune seems to consider "Actually if we are allowed topics I did have something in regards to what I asked earlier."

Kinaed states, "So, just from a few tells I've had... guys, are we okay socially? It seems like there's been some tough RP and it might be increasing OOC conflict instead of IC."

Bryce doesn't have to change clocks, nice think about Phoenix.

Kinaed queries to Misune, "Of course - that's the point of PLayer Topics?"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Go ahead and bring up whatever you like."

Misune shakes head "I'll wait till your current topic is done... I am kind of interested to see what will be said."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed claims, "In a general sense, I think it happens a lot that people draw lines, friendships and enemy-ships are exacerbated, etc, when tough RP rolls in. I'd like to encourage everyone to remember, particularly on OOC channels or how we treat one another in Tells, IMs, etc, that everyone is a human being on the others side of the computer screen."

Shaylei nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "What goes on IC is about creating an interesting story, not about people who are doing it being evil people, etc."

Iris states, "Personally, on my player end, I've had a lot of tense RP... but I've also been asked 'Are you okay' about fifty times. Which is nice. =)"

Kinaed wonders, "Also, we don't always know who people's alts are, so please be particularly careful when making comments about people on guild channels. Gosh, could you imagine bitching about someone who has an alt who just happens to be in your guild?"

Kinaed nods at Iris.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion hasn't noticed anything amiss, but I've only tangentially been involved in the tense rp going on.

Shaylei claims, "That's totally happened to me before. It sucks, but is definitely more embarrassing for the person doing it, I think."

Kinaed says, "I think we have some people who really do separate those lines well, but yes, I get the sense from the tells I've had that maybe not everyone is being nice OOCly. Just a reminder."

Misune smirks at Kinaed "They should generally be careful about that regardless of alts... someone could be whoinvis and run into that as well... I know i've seen some pleasant comments about a character of mine while whoinvis."

Kinaed claims to Shaylei, "If they know."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed states, "Anyway, just a public service reminder - be nice to people OOCly, they're people playing a role, not playing themselves. What they do in game bears little or no relation to who they are OOCly."

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad states, "Well like i said i am just getting back so i am still kind of in the dark about the current tensions"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims to Kinaed, "Well said."

Kinaed claims, "No one was named to me as being difficult to work with, I just got the sense that some people are feeling unhappy and/or alienated as a result of current RP conflicts, and I'd like for us to minimize that experience for all people across the board, else we lose players. Often good ones."

Kinaed trails off, "So, with that said... "

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad says, "You know what they say when it comes to ooc treat others the way you would want to be treated"

An unremarkable man queries, "Is conflict encouraged here?"

Kinaed states to an unremarkable man, "In game? Yes, very much so."

Temi claims, "IC conflict definitely is."

Iris says to an unremarkable man, "Absolutely. But it's to remain IC."

Kinaed nods at Iris.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

An unremarkable man says, "Of course."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "Without conflict, there isn't much game going on."

Kinaed claims, "We've got a very bloody, nasty theme."

An unremarkable man declaims, "Excellent!"

Kinaed claims, "It's trying to take care of our players OOCly so they can cope with the stuff that happens ICly that's important to us."

Kinaed states, "Well, to staff."

Azarial is hoping for an interesting hanging. that code needs more testing.

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad states, "It can be bloody especially if you are um gifted shall we say"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, someone's sent me a tell that's interesting to discuss."

Kinaed states, "Apparently someone's not comfortable saying it, and honestly, I'm not sure how true it is, so before I say it, I just want to ask people to keep their hair on, it's just an observation/perception from a player."

An unremarkable man queries, "Assuming you got into a situation where you had to torture another character, is their consent required?"

Azarial states, "They can use 'graphic' if it gets too much for them."

Kinaed claims, "It appears some people feel that older players feel a bit entitled."

Iris says to an unremarkable man, "No, but graphic is in place."

An unremarkable man nods.

Azarial says, "There are times it is nonconsensual."

Iris queries, "Entitled how?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "Which just means that the details are played down, but that the torture still happens."

Kinaed says, "I've been asked to reinforce that being a senior player doesn't confer advantages IC."

Kinaed claims, "I'm asking for clarification in tells."

Kinaed claims, "Things like assuming that your word can be trusted or that their character is 'proven' ICly, and that their point of view should be acknowledged or treated as more weighty than someone else's."

Kinaed trails off, "In honesty..."

Kinaed says, "I think most of us think that what we say from our perspective is simply true."

Kinaed says, "So I don't think someone is acting entitled to believe that people might agree with their version of things."

Kinaed states, "In my eyes, I do think players are generally more reluctant to kill older players than new ones."

Kinaed says, "But I don't see that as an entitlement issue, more of a 'I hate to lose friends' kind of issue."

Shaylei says, "It's hard to answer something like that, honestly. Older -characters- have had their time to build up a rep, sure, for better or worse; but I've never come across a -player- who's expected to be more trustworthy or influential because of their 'seniority'."

Kinaed nods at Shaylei.

Iris states, "I... think that if this is ICly, it might be just the character? Certainly older players shouldn't be going up to other characters ICly and saying something, and then OOCly telling them 'That's true, by the way. I'm an older player so I know.'."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "I'd say that established players understand the world better and how it ticks and the right buttons to press, so they may get a touch more traction from that- but otherwise, agree with Shaylei."

Kinaed claims, "Older players tend to have higher ranking roles as well, which means that by precedence, they actually ought to have more weight."

Kinaed nods at Iris.

An emerald eyed man with auburn hair has lost link.
An emerald eyed man with auburn hair has reconnected.

Kinaed says to Iris, "I think everyone would agree that'd be utterly wrong."

Temi nods in agreement.

Azarial has been here over ten years and is still often wrong.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "That said, I'd like to hear the point of view of a non older player."

Shaylei states, "I think that characters who've survived and worked to gain power and influence should hold more weight-- it's just natural. Someone expecting their character to be more trustworthy because of the amount of time they've spent on the MUD as a player is just bad role-play, in my opinion."

Shaylei nods at an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion.

Tomas questions, "I was three months old before I became High Steward and I still think of myself as a newer player and I'm Regent now? I mean, you can work your way up pretty quickly"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

An emerald eyed man with auburn hair claims, "I couldn't even type at three months old"

Shaylei claims to Tomas, "Coming in as a member of the nobility does give you some automatic gravitas, though."

Kinaed says, "There was a Prince of the realm once who went to staff and demanded we make people bow to him."

Tomas claims to Shaylei, "That is very true"

Kinaed states, "I recall telling him no, and he got very upset because it was in help files that nobles are bowed to, etc, and kept pointing precedence out to people. But the game was pretty new then, and I think the fellow wouldn't have been considered an old player."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion questions to Kinaed, "Is that the one that insisted he had the right to tell the Grand Inquisitor how to do their job?"

Shaylei grins at an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion.

Shaylei claims, "I remember him."

Kinaed says to an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion, "I don't know."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, that's what I'd view as entitlement, so maybe the problem the person speaking to me in tells about isn't as they perceive it. "

Kinaed claims, "I'll take that offline and see if I can help."

Kinaed states, "In the meantime, we have about 10 minutes left."

Iris shoots out to shower!

You blink, and suddenly Iris is gone. [OOC]

Kinaed wonders to Misune, "Did you say you wanted to discuss something earlier?"

Misune blinks and nods "Yeah it was regarding charge. You stated that, if what I'm understanding, is that you can attempt to charge to a specific range from an opponent. Can it also be used to get away, thus putting space between you and a target?

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Azarial states, "Forwardsor backwards."

Kinaed claims, "Yep, you can go wherever you like, or try to."

Misune states, "Good to know. "

Misune trails off, "Though I'm slightly confused as to why this is being created... I mean it seems like it would be the same issue people have with approaching before combat starts"

Misune says, "But instead its during combat"

Azarial claims, "Just becuase you can charge form close to extended doens;t mean they can."

Tomas claims, "As I understand it from the spec that they showed, there is a check to see if you can do it. the minimum you move is one, like a normal step, but you have a -chance- of getting further"

Kinaed claims, "Step and lunge are built differently, and it seems to lead to a dance where people try to get into the right range and spend time circling. It can still happen, but it's easier all over with charge."

Azarial states, "So you can retreat, and pop a few arrows."

Misune nods to Tomas "Ah, now that makes more sense. I wasn't here for the spec so had no idea of that detail."

Kinaed states, "Charge gets to the heart of why someone is using step/lunge. "

Kinaed states, "It just takes you where you want to go, if you succeed, rather than breakign it down over several turns."

Kinaed claims, "It might need a new name, given that you can adjust your range backwards, but... eh, charge seemed good enough."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else want to discuss anything?"

Kinaed claims, "If not, I'll let you get back to your RP. I hear there's an event on soonish after."

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, thank you, everyone!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information