- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone want to add anything to the agenda to make sure we discuss it?"

Tomas states, "I want to add something"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "Noted"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "My topic is probably too hot button and I may have to leave halfway- so another day."

Kinaed questions to an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion, "Do I put it down or no?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "No, sorry for the distraction."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed nods at an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden claims, "I have a topic, should be brief."

Kinaed states, "Okay, to kick off Staff Updates... last week I mostly handled policy stuff."

Kinaed nods at a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden.

Takta fastens his axe on his belt.

Kinaed claims, "That was pretty much it. I've had lesser hours as IRL has been pretty full on. Good news - a lot of my medical stuff has come back, and I am not seriously ill (eg, CT scan showed nothing serious, the toe I thought I broke wasn't broken) - stuff like that."

Kinaed asks, "So all in all, a shitty week to get through, but not prolongued. That's it for me. Azarial, your update please?"

Azarial says, "More on archery; i think i hvae the movement calculations for charge written."

Azarial says, "I read the wrong note and figured I might as well, so I updated portent some."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Takta grins.

Azarial states, "Assorted bug fixes, a mess on the change board."

Azarial handwaves.

Kinaed claims, "That needs testing before release though."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Samantha arches brow "Portent?"

Azarial claims, "It will. i was going to let takta play with it today."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "Aquiel's Portent got a facelift."

Takta claims, "I'll hopefully have some time for that soon."

Samantha nods to Kinaed "Oh yeah, that spell... Good to know."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Temi nods.

Temi finishes abruptly, "Continued working on the how to RPA for staffers helpfiles - actually got some in now"

Temi claims, "So other staff should hopefully be confident soon in how to handle some more things. Will keep working on that."

Kinaed states, "Yay for guidelines and consistency. :)"

Temi says, "And that's mostly it."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You're up. :)"

Takta states, "So I've been pretty scarce this week, trying to put RL first to deal with bad stress issues. The upside is I'm feeling much better about everything, and newly energized."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed says to Takta, "It's okay to be scarce as you have to."

Takta states, "The downside is I did very little this week. Misc. typos and requests, some small woodworking progress. But this upcoming week I'm going to focus hardcore on woodworking to try and get as much progress as reasonably as possible."

Takta states to Kinaed, "Yeah, grad school sometimes = no choice."

Takta says, "But that's it for me right now1"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I think that concludes staff updates. Player Heartbeat - how has the RP been lately?"

Kinaed muses, "How are plots going?"

Kinaed wonders, "Enjoying the game?"

Samantha smirks to Kinaed "Well I feel a bit more confident in plot advances now with the recent one I submitted... Little dissapointed it's hardly received any ic reaction though

Kinaed queries to Samantha, "Was that because the staff didn't bring it to life enough, or because players seem disinterested in what's going on?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion hasn't noticed anything from Samantha.

Karrina states, "I feel like I have little chance to put an advance in since I have such a good second GL."

Tomas says, "Yeah, I haven't seen anything from Samantha to react to"

Kinaed claims to Karrina, "That might be worth a chat with your 2nd GL about."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "As for me, finding plots overwhelming and myself missing things due to the sheer volume."

Karrina grins at Kinaed.

Samantha shrugs a bit "Not quite sure... And it wasn't from samantha."

Kinaed states, "I saw a suggestion that players be limited to 2 plot advances a week."

Kinaed states, "Some people seem for, some against, and some middle ground."

Kinaed questions, "Can I get a sense for how everyone here feels about that suggestion?"

Karrina states, "I don't mind it really. These things I need to think about to ensure that I don't ramble too bad on them."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "I think that would be unrealistic and impossible with, say, the current system."

Tomas says, "The only I see are from GL's at the moment. specifically 3 other people. It might not have been shared with me I guess"

An unremarkable woman is idle.

Takta says, "I tentatively support it, but for this latest plot it DOES seem it might be difficult."

Tomas questions to Kinaed, "I think it depends on the situation. some plots require a -lot- of advances, depending on the situation, others don't. It really varries. and is that per plot or all in?"

Kinaed claims, "I hear one person against, one person for."

Samantha trails off, "Personally it is a tad annoying logging in every day to see a new plot advance from generally the same people, especially when the advances are such minute things... I would say limit it to four"

Kinaed says, "And no other opinions."

Kinaed has transferred Cellan. [OOC]

Kinaed states, "Okay, two people for limiting, one against."

Azarial muses, "Does no one else feel involved?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "If the plots are more handsoff, then it is reasonable sure."

Kinaed states to Tomas, "It could technically be for either."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden says, "No opinions. Haven't really engaged with the system - seems pretty far removed from my usual playstyle, so far."

An unremarkable woman is no longer idle.

An unremarkable woman has returned from AFK.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "Or change how advances work, so that they log and track what has happened better, instead of having new actions in a new advance."

Kinaed states, "Or maybe we can do a 'you can't repost until someone else has'"

Samantha says, "That may be a better option"

Kinaed muses, "So I raise a plot, staff answer... someone else needs to post against it before I can again?"

Temi gives a grumpy wooden knight and plush cardinal dolls to Cellan.

Tomas queries, "I think if there is a reasonable... reason for needing to go over the limit, that should be allowed?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "I'm almost at the stage of stepping out of plots for good, however."

Azarial shakes the grumpy wooden knight, encouraging it to swing the plush cardinal back and forth as if to toss the red floppy doll across the room.

Kinaed wonders to an aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion, "Was this the topic you didn't want to discuss?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims to Kinaed, "No. :)"

Kinaed states, "Ahh, okay."

Kinaed states, "Well, I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with the plot system. It seems like every time I ask, most people say it's great and they love the addition to the game."

Kinaed states, "It's pretty rare that I hear complaints that deep on it."

Samantha looks to Kinaed "But are those the people who use it the most and often benefit from it the most?"

Kinaed states, "Anyway, I'll record that some limitation might be beneficial."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "By and large, I love it and what it is capable of and the -idea- of it."

Kinaed says to Samantha, "No, it seems that the heavy users either aren't interested in feedbacking or I fail to engage them with the question, I think."

Temi states, "If there's still fine-tuning we need to do on how it works, it's still new. We're open to discussions"

Maxwell is idle.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "But overwhelmed and feel things are getting missed on both ends (staff and player)."

Karrina claims, "The bit of frustration I do get from the plot system is when someone does a similar action to what I am wanting to do. So I tend not to do my own version simply because it has already been done."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Samantha arches brow "Interesting, would have thought it would be the opposite."

Takta says, "I think a lot of frustration occurs when plots get 'ahead' of RP in that regard."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "There seems to be a lot of 'talking past' each other."

Kinaed asks of Karrina, "Is that what you meant by your 2IC being so on the ball?"

Tomas says, "I both love it and get frustrated by it. I think it is fun and it does a lot, but at times it does get very very overwhelming. I know about mid week I took a bit of a break because of overload on plot advances"

Hunapo claims, "It would be nice if contributors can edit PAs so that any missing information can be added, or changed."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion nods at Takta.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta states, "Within the same guild, at least, you can put down some pretty strict IC policies on "no plot advances until we've both RP'd about them.""

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Takta states, "As an example way to slow it down."

Azarial states, "Theyshould be editable"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll talk with the staff about this. I also have a note to discuss captivity and escape handling with staff later today."

Tomas asks, "Maybe on issues where actions come in conflict, it should be pointed to ic to rp resolving it before action is taken?"

Takta states to Tomas, "That makes sense to me."

Karrina nods at Kinaed.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "The editing things is part of what I think is making it messy and gets things missed. I almost wonder if a plot should be advanced and that is it. Staff response should come back to all parties that they think is relevant in a new advance that they make."

Kinaed states, "But I think I have a bit to go on now. I really appreciate this feedback, guys. I knew on some level plots were causing a bit of negative reaction, but all my asking thus far has just received a 'plots are great' response... and that's nice, but it hasn't really helped me understand the discontent I was seeing so we can try to improve it."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "Stuff only comes out when you use it more, sometimes."

Kinaed trails off, "I also can't promise it will change quickly, because we're focused on Archery at the moment..."

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "But we'll get to it as soon as we can."

Tomas nods his head

Kinaed has transferred Rickart. [OOC]

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, so... Player Topics!"

Rickart says, "There are way too many app 5s in here"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says, "The current plot has been a good stress test for the system due to the volume and intricacy of it."

Karrina claims, "Perhaps make it that one cannot do an advance on the same plot header until a previous advance is processed."

Kinaed questions to Tomas, "Will you introduce your topic?"

Kinaed claims to Karrina, "That might help"

Temi states, "I think maybe we need to be able to set differnet statuses like response needed, etc."

Takta says to Temi, "Oooh yes."

Kinaed states, "But people may get frustrated waiting for whomever is ahead in the queue to be proceeded."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says to Temi, "That would be good."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Samantha smirks to Kinaed "Then they can learn some patience."

Tomas claims, "I apologize if this is rehashing something that came before. But I wrote a forum post about it here: /viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1003 . Basically I wanted to discuss perfumes and makeup having custom strings for what you see in the room. You can customize so much else, it seems a bit odd to have it be all stock for those. It seems the utility for rp would be greatly improved if we could customize what people see with casual looks. both for performances, but also for things like the upcomming ball if we have another in the future."

Kinaed has transferred a young, ebon-haired man with light green eyes. [OOC]

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion says to Tomas, "It is intended to force some consistency to the base product, as I understand it."

Kinaed states to Tomas, "You can customize the text added to the description, however."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims to Tomas, "Otherwise removes the incentive to go for the expensive/harder to make ones."

Cellan muses, "You can already customise what people see in the look desc, can't you?"

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Cellan.

Temi states, "Yeah, incentivizing the fancy stuff and enforcing to make sure it doesn't go crazy or anything like that are both thoughts behind it"

Tomas asks, "You can, but like, you can do that with a pmood as well which... if the makeup can't accomplish what I'm wanting and doesn't fit, why would I buy it?"

Kinaed claims, "A pmood goes to the top, a perfume desc goes to the bottom and is colored cyan."

Rickart states, "+app"

Tomas asks, "And isn't it the same thing with like, the other crafts? they have the same issues"

Azarial claims, "Could also rp with the crafter to get what you want."

Kinaed states, "And I suppose you -could-, but that would be a bit inappropriate."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "Shouldn't desc perfume/cosmetics if you don't have them *nod* Tough making a living as a chandler these days (or was when I packed up shop)"

Tomas says to Azarial, "Spent a while last night talking with a crafter trying to get some things that I wanted, but nothing fit, which is why I brought up the idea today"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, I think there are good reasons that the setup is as it is, and I'm sorry, but I'm not hearing anything that suggests a compelling reason to change it."

Azarial has transferred a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes. [OOC]

Temi muses, "What specific are you going for that there's no options for?"

Azarial claims, "That would mean asking temi for a new recipe"

Rickart highfives a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes

Azarial stops using a grumpy wooden knight and plush cardinal dolls.

Azarial has created a grumpy wooden knight and plush cardinal dolls[1].

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial gives a grumpy wooden knight and plush cardinal dolls to a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes.

Temi says, "We have a fairly broad range of choices of varying difficulties and rarities."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes stops using a small ring of keys dangling from a length of silver chain.
A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes holds a grumpy wooden knight and plush cardinal dolls in his hand.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes shakes the grumpy wooden knight, encouraging it to swing the plush cardinal back and forth as if to toss the red floppy doll across the room.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes stops using a grumpy wooden knight and plush cardinal dolls.

Kinaed claims, "Adding new recipes is a distinct possibility, however."

Kinaed says, "I'd talk with Temi after the meeting to see about adding what it is that you were going for."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes queries to Kinaed, "Like bulk roasted fish, so I don't have to type it out 61 times again? :D"

Rickart says, "Alias"

Kinaed states to a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes, "Er, sure. If that's appropriate and an issue, contact Temi."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, I think that covers that item..."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes states, "Well, I suppose I shouldn't have said typed out, I should have said hit up enter 61 times. >_> "

Kinaed queries to a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden, "You wanted to raise something. Care to introduce us?"

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden states, "My cnotes are filled with Shared Secrets from staff, and I wanted to suggest that instead of the general title 'Shared Secret,' they be given the title 'Shared Secret - Name of Room' for organizing/clarity purposes (on both sides, player and staff)."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden claims, "I also wanted to toss out the idea of auto-cnoting things like picking locks, bashing doors, using Turnkey, and stealing. E.g.: Lockpicking - West from Enchanting Courtyard. As someone who does a fair amount of stuff that requires cnotes, it'd be nice if the system automatically added a record to my notes with some of the same basic details that go to staff, and then I could just update the note to include any relevant info per helpfile instructions."

Kinaed states to a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden, "That makes sense. Thank you, I'll throw that up as a change for Az."

Kinaed says, "Seems reasonable. I like it."

Cellan has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi states, "On the topic of bulk cooking recipes... I would note how much in bulk it makes sense to create things in. In real life, fishing up 60 fish and cooking them would be... kind of ridiculous. And would totally go bad."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden says, "That's all for me. Just quality of life stuff for coverts. ^_^"

Kinaed smiles.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says, "Wouldn't be too terribly ridiculous to get that fish from a market as a cook though and doing so for a large scale restaraunt."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Not 60, sure, but some form of bulk wouldn't be a terrible idea."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion muses, "Is there a decay on prepped food currently?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure, and I'm not sure that putting a decay on it is necessarily a good idea, honestly."

Valariana is idle.

Valariana is no longer idle.

Rickart wakes Valariana up with articulated steel plate boots adorned with an oceanic theme

Kinaed states, "As a game, it's sort of a challenge for the wrong reasons, IMHO."

Temi states, "There's not a decay on cooked food, or prepared items, because we want people to feel free to make stuff up in advance."

Azarial muses, "What if instead of a decay, it reduces the overall food value when the timer ends?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion nods. "Haven't played with the cook command really."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "We could consider it, but honestly - not worth the programming, imho."

Temi states, "I'm not overly keen on making it -better- to do so, though. Rather than simply a fine option"

Samantha arches brow at Azarial "So like less Mv restorative potential?

Azarial nods at Samantha.

Valariana has returned from AFK.

An unremarkable woman is idle.

Kinaed questions, "Well, that wraps up the meeting. Unless we have aother things people would care to discuss? Maybe we can get Sameer's hot topic out of him?"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "Not today."

Azarial says, "....taht might sting a little. those tend to be rather spikey stores."

Kinaed sticks her tongue out.

Rickart states, "I had one"

Kinaed queries to Rickart, "Sure, what's up?"

Rickart states, "On the craft_ we were talking with some people who i think aren't here"

Rickart looks around for Morus

An unremarkable woman is no longer idle.

An unremarkable woman has returned from AFK.

A young, ebon-haired man with light green eyes starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Rickart claims, "Anyway craft_ search output if it could say which group a recpie is in was teh discussion"

Takta queries, "Group?"

Rickart states, "For example try craft_ -search lump"

Rickart says, "It shows you a bunc hof crafts and their #s but you have to geuss whether you can get more detail via craft_ woodwork show X, or craft_jewel show X"

Takta says, "Ahhh. I can't think of many cases where you would want to do that."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden says, "Ah, to help folks figure out what skill they need for a particular recipe (or what sort of crafter to pursue RP with)."

Takta says, "Instead of, say, jewel -search lump"

Rickart states, "Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not. But it seems like the output could say next to their # and their name just lacksmith] or w/e"

Rickart states, "Well"

Rickart drops a pale pink pig's ear, pointed and hairy.

Kinaed claims, "I have a child in my lap."

Rickart states, "Look at that thing"

Rickart questions, "How do I figure out what to do with it?"

Rickart wonders, "Is tehre a command other than craft_ -search ear ?"

Rickart gets a pale pink pig's ear, pointed and hairy.

Takta states, "I don't think you CAN do anything with that."

Takta says, "But I'd search in the crafts I expected."

Azarial queries, "...tailoring? >_>"

Takta grins at Azarial.

Rickart says, "If so, please educate me. Yes, ok but if you could, then I would want to know what the three or four results are ...right ok. Well sometimes I don't know what to expect. And it should be trivial to add the category to the overall search output next to the name"

Takta claims to Azarial, "No, no, the proverb says -can't-."

Kinaed queries, "Do we have a command where a person can search crafts for recipes that use an object?"

A young, ebon-haired man with light green eyes finishes his note.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden states, "I remember this discussion on visnet. I think it's worth considering whether that info should necessarily be available OOCly."

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion states, "New fashion, everyone sews pig ears on their hats."

Takta states to Kinaed, "(specific craft verb) -search <item>."

Takta says, "Or craft_ -search <item> across all crafts."

Rickart says, "Yes but you have to guess which craft verb to use once you get the all results listing in your face"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Rickart says, "It's not always obvious, and tedious to try a couple"

Maxwell has left the game.

Rickart wonders, "Whereas if you're already printing out on the line craft->num craft->title why not craft->family ?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we'll have to have a look at some crafting search stuff, but it seems like something is already in place in general there."

Rickart says, "Yep, and once you're used to it having to guess which verb it lives under is no big deal"

An aquiline-nosed man of a dark umber complexion claims, "Plenty of suggestions here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig's_ear_(food) :P"

Kinaed claims, "I know it's a bit early, but am I right that we don't have a lot to talk about at this stage? I have company coming over in an hour, so would be happy to either turn the rest of the chat over to Temi or to call it done."

Temi asks, "Any other topics? I can take over if we've got stuff, or send you guys back to RP"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thanks."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden queries to Rickart, "Maybe post your ideas on the forums with an example or two?"

Rickart says, "But it's also no big deal, I know, to just make the list where you already list the craft # also spit on the verb on the same line. So whiel it may not benefit most of you, it would also take like 5-10 mins to ad"

Kinaed declares, "On that note - I pass it to Temi!"

Kinaed has gone AFK.

Rickart says, "Alright then"

Rickart nods at a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden.

Samantha says, "You assume it would take that long."

Rickart grins.

Rickart claims, "Az knows I can guess pretty well, but let's not get into this derail. done iwth topic, will illustrate with sample output on forums to make clearer"

Temi nods.

Temi questions, "Any other topics?"

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden states, "Usually when you search -within- a craft and don't know the recipe, it won't show you details. So having access to craft_ -search outputs may not even be intentional."

Rickart nods at a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden.

Rickart states, "True. Forums."

Temi nods.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden asks, "Are there any IC events happening this evening?"

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden says, "I thought there was something scheduled but maybe I'm misremembering - been out of town the past few days."

Rickart queries, "Do I post directly in 'under consideration' or in 'ideas and requests' which contains ONLY 'staff priorities' posts and staff triage my idea into the subfolders?"

Temi queries, "I don't know of anything planned... does anyone have anything?"

Temi claims, "You can put in under consideration"

Rickart states, "There is a ball but it's not for 2 wks. anything else there is no ic_events on that i recall"

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden claims, "Ah, the ball - I thought that was happening this month, now I see it's in March. Okie doke."

Rickart nods.

Rickart claims, "Lots of advance notice to get your costumes through crafters"

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden says, "I'm ready for a trans. :)"

Rickart claims, "Expensive operation"

Temi claims, "Yep, retransing everybody if there's nothing else."
Lurks the Forums

• Information