Nobles Tips For Anyone Interested

A place to find maps, walkthroughs, and other assistance on how to play TI Legacy. Contributers will earn Quest Points in game!

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

sippycup
Discord Handle: sippycup

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:57 pm

A Few Tips On Nobles
I don’t know all of them, but these might help anyone considering making one:
1 The more XP you have saved, the better, because you’re going to need large amounts of money (purchase wealth) to sustain your lifestyle. Personally, I wouldn’t make a noble unless I had at least 100k XP saved up already, or a lot of QP to cash in, unless you plan on doing a lot of RP to gain some.
I mean, nice horse, house, furniture, extra outfit, and one veteran bodyguard can easily already be over that amount.
2 If you don’t like your clothes, sure you could always buy some, but since you’ll be in chargen for a while anyway, (don’t leave chargen as a noble until staff tells you) just retool them to save money. It also takes a while to go through the process of buying clothes from someone later, if they’re made.
3 Even though it will cut into your money upfront, purchasing good assets will pay off in the long run. It takes a little time, but if you look over some of the different ones for sale on the asset market, you can find a good deal.
To me, one that pays close to 10% each IC month of its cost is good, but those are hard to find.
Consider which metrics are most popular and buy or create one for that metric. What’s popular now might not be next year though, and may stay low for a long time, but if you’re a noble or GL you can work to influence it back in your favor.
It’s very easy to expect 400 silver per OOC week in income. If your assets have other bonuses items as well or whatever that’s good too. You just only have so many slots you can use, so can’t always get a great deal, since it might have a small payout. It might even be best to get rid of your starting asset, but I’d think about it first. Ok, enough about assets.
4 You’ll definitely want at least one bodyguard, if not a few. Another perk is you can have several retainers, and when you wear jewelry or carry money you’ll definitely want guards.
With that being said, NEVER give a retainer money and send them to the broom closet. You will lose whatever money they hold, but not the items. It’s probably dangerous to leave items in their inventory but who knows?
5 A palace apartment is nice, because it’s relatively safe, but it’s also a long commute. Having a place in the city will save carriage fare, and lots of time too. You also can’t add rooms to an
palace apartment.
Even if you spend a lot of time at the palace, it’s probably cheaper to have a mail profile in town close to wherever you think you’ll hang out most.
6 It’s possible to have your bodyguard whip someone for you, but it’s up to you how confrontational you want your character to be. Characters do die in this game from offending people, so watch out if you’re invested in your char.

Like I said, I’m definitely not a know it all but just wanted to help protect you from any of my mistakes.
If anybody else wants to add some feel free. I’d be glad to hear them. - Sippycup

• Information