TI MUSHclient mapper

A place to find maps, walkthroughs, and other assistance on how to play TI Legacy. Contributers will earn Quest Points in game!

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Xolorion
Discord Handle: Xolorion#1100

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:35 am

For those of you who remember me asking about this during the last OOC meeting, I managed to find a mapper made for TI on the MUSHclient forums: https://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=14139

Unfortunately it crapped itself when I turned on xterm colors. So I took it upon myself to update the plugin to work with both color settings!

My code is at https://pastebin.com/NNJnBZnv

Simply follow these directions to install on your client:
1. Select all the page and copy it to the Clipboard
2. Open a text editor (such as Notepad) and paste the plugin into it
3. Save to disk on your PC, preferably in your plugins directory, as: Inquisition_Mapper.xml (probably at C:\Program Files (x86)\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins)
4. Go to the MUSHclient File menu -> Plugins
5. Click "Add"
6. Choose the file Inquisition_Mapper.xml (which you just saved in step 4) as a plugin
7. Click "Close"

If any other MUSHclient users have plugin requests, I may be able to help :)

Xolorion
Discord Handle: Xolorion#1100

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:02 am

Sorry if you've tried this plugin out, I forgot to add one of the steps. You'll need to enter the following command ingame:

prompt {c{[RPXP Gain: %X] {[HP:%h MV:%v P:%p] %f %o{x (vnum %R) %c

This will change your prompt so that it includes the room # that you're currently in.

As an additional caveat, try to move one room at a time when you have the plugin active. It gets confused and starts messing up the exit directions if you've already input the exit direction 3 rooms in the future. When you have most of the game mapped out, you can click on the map to autowalk around, instead.

• Information