My Inquisition stringing tool

A place to find maps, walkthroughs, and other assistance on how to play TI Legacy. Contributers will earn Quest Points in game!

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Percival

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 am

It's been posted around in game on the OOC boards, but I thought I'd share it here. It allows you to colour live in the editor, and even gives you substitutions for things like $n on the @eat.

Enjoy!

http://polyducks.co.uk/hosting/inquisition-tool/

Eventually I'll get it to a state where it's neat and tidy and I'll pass it over to Kin to host on the main site (as per popular request).

If anyone is using a screen reader, I'd be interested to know if you can see and use output HTML at the end. I'll likely be changing this to a text output for ease of selection in short order.

-Percy

Taunya

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Just wanted to thank you again for this tool! It's awesomely great.

Percival

Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:19 am

You're very welcome :)

Update today: keywords are set as the last thing. This means that an object that is keyworded with anything which isn't in the original item won't screw up part way through.

Coming eventually: Saving objects to local storage / importing objects from text / cloak descriptions / use descriptions / perfume descriptions

Rhothrian

Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Amazing tool and a great time saver. Thanks for this...

Delphine

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Percival wrote:You're very welcome :)

Update today: keywords are set as the last thing. This means that an object that is keyworded with anything which isn't in the original item won't screw up part way through.

Coming eventually: Saving objects to local storage / importing objects from text / cloak descriptions / use descriptions / perfume descriptions
Yaaaaay. I've just been building my @apply(s) in another window and then adding it all in because there's nothing more satisfying than doing a tool all on like... 20 things at once and just seeing it ziiiiiip by and then YOU'RE DONE SUCKAHS.

You're the best. OH. IT WAS BROUGHT UP ON MERCH ONE DAY that there were a few of us wondering if, when you had time, (if you had the inclination), you might consider putting up that ASCII coloring tool you were working on? I know there are some of us who do fancy patterns with our colors and I still use that version you sent me locally to do mine, but someone else brought up that they wished they had something like that and then I mentioned that I did...

I know we briefly talked on Discord about it and you said that you could stretch out one of the boxes on your stringing tool so you can color multiple strings at once, but I've never been able to do it and I just like the ASCII one better for that because you have the huge boxes.
Player of that "soulless Vavardi girl" Caterina dul Decapua

Percival

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:17 am

That's odd. I rolled that functionality into the extended description box. You should be able to just type 'enter' a bunch of times into that and work in that space and drag out the text entry box. Is that not working for you?

Demo here:

• Information