Disguise

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Leech

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm

That spell idea somebody brought up a while ago, as a way for mages to change their short descs, got me thinking about other ways to change the reidentity stuff to be more on the player end.

So why not make a disguise skill? Honestly, I have NO idea how to make this balanced so it won't be overpowered, but will still be usable. Simply put though, it'd be a skill in covert that allows you to change your short description (SHORT DESCRIPTION ONLY!). The more skill you have in it, the less likely somebody will recognize you. A few things:

Cons: People more familiar with you will recognize you. You'd have to get a new set of clothes to make it legit. You'll always run the risk of somebody you spend a lot of time with recognizing you.

Pros: It will not have a time limit; players can toggle it on and off. Having different types of makeup on your person will increase the thoroughness of your disguise, but will be consumed in the process of disguising.

Edit: This could be used by bards, too! And maybe add an extension, allowing people to disguise you. If somebody disguises you (disguise [player] [short desc], the disguise would be more thorough, due to them having the different perspective.

Further Edit: This skill could not have any randomness attached to it. If that were the case, somebody could spam 'look player' until they see that they are wearing a disguise.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Geras

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 pm

I like this a lot. I'd add this spin to it though:

Why not make a class of craftable, consumable items? Or at least a skill that requires consumable materials to work? It'd be nice if you could apply these disguises to other people to, kind of like a make-up artist. We could always use another sink for silver IMHO.

Leech

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 pm

So like...
Having different types of makeup on your person will increase the thoroughness of your disguise, but will be consumed in the process of disguising.
And...
And maybe add an extension, allowing people to disguise you. If somebody disguises you (disguise [player] [short desc], the disguise would be more thorough, due to them having the different perspective.
:P
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

I like these ideas and just have to figure out a nice way to do it.

To be honest, I wouldn't change short desc only - look would have to change too. EQ I'd leave to the player on hand. In my mind, that means this calls for a POLCA!

Hmm. Short, long, look descs get altered, remember doesn't recognize the person without a familiarity or perception check. Once revealed, they're revealed with a flag like [Disguised] before their intro (same as we see [cloaked] atm?

Shouldn't take much more than that.

Oh yeah, consume disguise kits or makeup objects. *ponder*

• Information