Bins - A way to organise shop stock

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Popcorn

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:30 am

I used to play Midkemia Online (RIP) and there I owned a clothes shop. One of the things I liked there was how easy it was to organise your stock. This was accomplished through the use of bins. Bins were a special type of container. The name of the bin became a heading for that section in your shop, and any items placed inside that bin with a price would appear under that heading in your shop. (I suppose that would be a display here in TI). You could own a maximum of ten bins. Any items not placed inside a bin would appear as stock at the top of the wares list, as normal.

There were commands you could execute from your stockroom to manage the bins.
BIN PURCHASE
BIN LIST
BIN RENAME <vnum> <name>
etc.

One of the complaints I see from shopkeepers here is how organising stock is a pain in the back. I think if we could have a system like this it would really help people out and make shopkeeping less of a chore.

Taunya

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:47 am

I like this idea! Would it be any harder than the item up/down shift thingy to implement?
Would possibly require something else besides 'put' for pricing the items in a container...

Andruid

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:02 am

+1

-+[-__-]+-

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:01 pm

I like the idea!
The item shifting is more useful as a whole, since you can use it for organizing rooms where you RP too. Display dividers are fun but not a necessary part of shopkeeping, as well, so tying organization to them enforces a trend that may or may not change in the future.

• Information