An automated note to share secret exits

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:43 am

So my first thought on this is to have the game automatically reveal a secret exit to others in the room when someone enters/exits from one, but I was told that knowing it's there doesn't mean a character would know the secret means of how to get into it.

So instead, I think it'd be a good idea if it at least shows message if someone enters/leaves from a secret exit when other characters are present, asking them to share it if it would make sense to.

For example, My character was sitting in a certain place, when another character jumped down from a tree and surprised her. Said character later climbed back up the same tree in front of my character.
Now it's obvious to my character that the tree is climbable, but searching the room failed, and it'd take a week before I could have a chance to find it again, for something my character would obviously know ICly.
I ultimately asked said player to share it, but it seems it may not be common knowledge to do so.

I think an automated message would be great for these situations. Perhaps even offering to share it automatically if they agree to, so they don't have to manually type in the secrets command for each character there.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:29 am

Why not just ask for the secret if it's appropriate to do so? It seems like a bit of programming difficulty for something that one can just request in a tell if the circumstances are appropriate.

• Information