Standardized Mail Delay

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Inertia

Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Would it be possible to set one standard time for mail delay instead of a variable?

Instant access is too convenient - I can get behind that. But I think with how much one person's story ends up paused while other people communicate and organize, having to wait too long for mail to travel just isn't worth it.

Could we just have a standard 30 minute delay, perhaps?

Alternatively, if the random delay has a specific purpose (tied to forgery, maybe?), how about the option to pay extra for Urgent mail? This would be costlier but be guaranteed to reach someone's box in ten minutes (or whatever).

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 pm

The mail delay is between 30 minutes and 3 OOC hours, which shouldn't be too disruptive to RP. Have you had to wait longer than 3 OOC hours, and why would it need to be shorter?

In instances where a letter is too long, why not use a messenger?

Inertia

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:54 pm

As a GL especially, I try to respond to mail as quickly as possible. Given player timezones and general availability issues, I'm worried about mail delays creating response delays. That said, I'm willing to see how it goes for a while, and revisit this in the future.

A note on messengers though: I don't have great luck with them! They disappear often before it makes sense for me to collect them, and I think I've lost some when their sender disconnects.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 am

Mind bugging that for Az to look into? It's a bit weird. Shouldn't be losing them unless they're cancelled.

• Information