New spell idea: Skeleton Key

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Takta

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:32 pm

(Name is a placeholder)

A new 4th or 5th-circle Earth spell that, in conjunction with an expensive magecraft recipe, creates a key that can unlock any door.

Limitations:
The key crumbles after one use;
The key should be blatantly magical (glowing or humming);
The key can have a 1-day IC decay on it so you can't just carry it around waiting for it to be useful.

Temi suggests the item might be neat as a humming lockpick, using its vibration to auto-pick the lock; that's pretty cool, I think, so maybe that instead of a key.

Geras

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Temi suggests the item might be neat as a humming lockpick, using its vibration to auto-pick the lock; that's pretty cool, I think, so maybe that instead of a key.

Takta

Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am

Is that really your only reply? REALLY? :P

Cellan

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 pm

....grin.

Applesauce

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Since glowing and humming stuff is so easily concealable by putting the key into a bag or something, it would be nice if humming objects in a container made that container hum, or it had to stay in your inv like a locker key, or something like that.

Being able to get into ANY room is really powerful for something so easy to get away with.

Then again, I'm in favor of mages being Bad Guys so maybe this would actually help the theme.

Onyxsoulle

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:16 am

Overall, I like this, but let's go for broke and do it like Sanct'd items, have them go boom when done. ;D

• Information