New spell: Facedance

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Takta

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:05 pm

An air spell, perhaps 2nd or 3rd circle.

Facedance uses air's power over illusions and the senses to disguise its user. The spell casts a continually varying illusion over its caster, hiding all features and equipment. If someone gets close enough to touch the caster, they can still feel their true form under the shifting illusions, but otherwise identity is hidden.

Codewise, Facedance replaces your short desc with 'a person whose appearance is constantly changing.' In this state, you cannot be remembered and your eq is hidden, much like cloak conceal.

Basically, a magical cloak that cannot be exposed, but has a limited duration (standard spell duration, between 1-6 hours).

Alternatively, I guess I could make this a magecraft item.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Well i will admit i think this is a great idea for a spell. although my only thing is i would have the duration be short like 2 or 3 hours.
Lurks the Forums

Leech

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Good face to wear when going to a party. ^.^
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Leech wrote:Good face to wear when going to a party. ^.^
Lol so true
Lurks the Forums

ScottyEnvy

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 am

I wants it and I wants it nowwww! I love it!

Applesauce

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Takta wrote:If someone gets close enough to touch the caster, they can still feel their true form under the shifting illusions, but otherwise identity is hidden.
What does this mean?

Does it mean the person touching the caster can tell who they really are? Or just that the caster doesn't physically "feel" like they're constantly changing form?

mattc

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:58 am

This is a neat enough idea for a spell, I suppose, but it's nothing that a mask couldn't accomplish easily enough. What might be more interesting (in terms of strange RP) and also less possible with mundane items might be being able to take on the face of another player, although I recognize that gets at different things.

mattc

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:05 am

Wait, I just realized that you said that it can hide equipment as well, which makes it somewhat more useful than a mask. Certainly, it might mitigate the need to have completely separate kit for when you moonlight as a mage... though I reckon any serious practitioner of the dark arts is going to want that second outfit anyway, just in case.

• Information