Learn block all

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

SlyViolin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi! I was wandering if we could get a command implemented that blocks ALL learning. This will be highly functional for people who are trying to save RPXP to buy wealth or improve points etc. I'm basically having a complain because today I spent a few hours Rping with someone and forgot to block my pooled skills. My pool ticked, and I ended up being down 1k xp from what I had before the session and it's truly frustrating.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:01 am

Seems a reasonable request. I'll add it to the todo.

ScottyEnvy

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:51 am

I don't think a learn block all is needed, maybe useful, but I would love a like dump pool skill. Honestly, I would forget to un-learn block all, and get mad at myself lol Just a thought.

Applesauce

Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:15 am

What about bringing back learn forget? It would be useful for the edge case of "accidentally learning" something, but also represent larger character arcs - if someone used to be into X but roleplay led them to do Y, after a while they do forget how to do X.

If there's some concern about quickly swapping skills around, maybe it could just go really really slow in comparison to improving skills?

Zeita

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm

I'd personally not be keen on allowing a simple 'forget, get your xp back' system. But perhaps skills could be sold back for a reduced xp return? Perhaps somewhere in the vicinity of 25-50%?

Applesauce

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Herazade wrote:I'd personally not be keen on allowing a simple 'forget, get your xp back' system. But perhaps skills could be sold back for a reduced xp return? Perhaps somewhere in the vicinity of 25-50%?
Yeah, I'd be fine with "learn forget" costing some percentage of the XP. Better than keeping a skill you didn't want or which no longer fits the char.

• Information