Excessively HP Wounds

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:57 pm

With some recent shennanigans as the root cause, I'd like to suggest that max hp wounds take you down by not exceed your own max hp; as it currently stands, taking massive amounts of non-lethal damage from certain sources can create wounds that take foreeeverrrr to heal. While I do like, personally, that these practical IC miracles pf survival have long-lasting consequence, it doesn't seem very fun at all to those affected that they become pretty much bedridden for such a long IRL time as they slowly heal up.

Instead of excessively lengthy wounds, what about having non-lethal damage that would exceed your max health instead cause longer-term CON damage; for example, taking 100 damage more than your max HP lowers your max Con by 10 for several IRL weeks to simulate the weakness of body without imposing such restrictions that these wild wound numbers cause on RP.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Dice

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 pm

Agreed, though I wouldn't even worry about con damage or some other sort of overflow mechanism - just blocking max damage at total HP is ideal to let the wound system function. It was balanced so that no wound, no matter how heinous, would keep you completely bedridden for too long. That balance goes right out the window with wounds massively exceeding max HP, leaving people stuck for days on end. Lengthy periods of convalescence are logical, but really suck for RP, especially when they leave you stuck in one place!

Zeita

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:04 pm

I agree with the above from Dice as being good sense. Cap the wound size and reduce the bedridden RP (which just isn't engaging, personally, beyond a certain window.)

However, on a tangential subject (which I'm unlikely to have much agreement on, but posting anyway!), I'd like to see an automatic chance of death on wounds that increases in conjunction with the amount over your max a wound takes you. From a game design, theme and realism point of view, I'm a bit sad that there was no PC death as a result of incidents at the Madison given the nature of what happened. I personally find that when there is no chance of death at all, matters end up feeling rather toothless and not particularly believable. Nobody is at fault for that, because most people, given an option, wouldn't volunteer to die- which is why I'd let it go down to chance via system dice rolls.

Taunya

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:35 am

Personally, I loved being stuck at negative HP for such an extended period. That helplessness really added to the immersion for me.

It was rather OOCly frustrating when people came to visit another character and routinely ignored my character and others in the room however. Try to be inclusive, people. I really had to forcibly insert my character into things far more than she really should have, in my opinion. But it did make for some interesting RP.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 am

Taunya wrote:Personally, I loved being stuck at negative HP for such an extended period. That helplessness really added to the immersion for me.

It was rather OOCly frustrating when people came to visit another character and routinely ignored my character and others in the room however. Try to be inclusive, people. I really had to forcibly insert my character into things far more than she really should have, in my opinion. But it did make for some interesting RP.
Well when you visit someone in the hospital, do you make sure to visit everyone who may be sharing a ward or room with them or do you visit just the person you may or may not have some concern about?
Lurks the Forums

Taunya

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:16 am

Voxumo wrote: Well when you visit someone in the hospital, do you make sure to visit everyone who may be sharing a ward or room with them or do you visit just the person you may or may not have some concern about?
When they say hello, or smile to me, or otherwise acknowledge my presence, yes.

Edit: This isn't an attack on anyone, or a demand, just a request. As others have stated, being bed-ridden can get rather dull in an RP game, and not everyone's had time to establish connections that would visit them regularly.

Dice

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:05 am

RP etiquette goes both ways in such situations. It's difficult to try and include people but be ignored, or have people decide to stop posing when you enter the room, etc. If people are online and in a room where RP is happening, they should be actively posing every round or be clearly flagged AFK so others know they're not participating - otherwise it becomes impossible to know who you can engage or not!

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 am

Added a flat max cap to all players to Azarial's queue so that people aren't actually advantaged by having lower HP.

• Information