Warrants should auto-blacklist

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:50 pm

Temi wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:33 pm
I think the intent behind knight arrests is more geared around catching them by surprise and thus having NPCs alert them actually makes things worse, though this doesn't address the longterm known escaped mages that are widely publicized because secrecy has gone out the window.
This sounds like an effective counterbalance, actually - if this is a command Knights or Inquisitors get, they could decide to public-warrant people who are known mages/heretics/etc. and get reports of their presence alongside any associated benefits, but the people in question could receive echoes of that thing happening to alert them to the fact that it's happening.

That way there's "sneaky" warrants the Knights surreptitiously serve, and there's the Warrant Button for fugitives they need information on. It's kind of an interesting choice if NPCs go "gasp! The Dark Sorcerer!", and also notifies PCs in that person's presence that they are in fact a heretical crimer. At the very least, I'd like to see NPCs react appropriately if they know I'm a wanted criminal. I think it'd be neat

Leta

Fri May 05, 2023 11:26 am

With the aim of staff transparency, we are planning on implementing a version of a warrant system for the Order. We've had multiple issues recently with openly wanted mages/heretic ignoring the presence of vNPCs and walking around without disguise or cloaks in public areas. It is a stated expectation in theme and policy that 99% of the game world is Davite even if your PC friends are not, and we want there to be some degree of code backing to this given the continued problems. We also believe the Order should not need to rely on the Reeve commands to issue warrants for religious crimes. That said:

1. It will not auto-blacklist. We wish to reserve that command for the Merchants.
2. It will NOT generate knight NPCs to attack on sight.
3. It will have an associated cost to force the Order to be selective of who they target.
4. It will provide a chance of NPCs reporting sighting of wanted criminals on Order channel if they are in public rooms, and will scale with piety.

It was our belief this would offer a good balance of realism for the Order (it's a bit absurd no one would report the sighting of a blacklisted, publicly wanted mage in Church Square) without making it impossible for these characters to engage with the grid at large. Of course (as always) we welcome thoughts on it.

Titania
Discord Handle: Titania#1312

Fri May 05, 2023 11:33 am

I like this a lot, actually. I feel as though certain rooms should have a bonus report chance (I.E. Anywhere in the Cathedral, Church Square, The Reeves Headquarters, probably the Madison Hospital Triage in case someone does a silly and gets dragged there) to go with the fact that these places are generally either filled with pious people, or elsewise have procedures and watchdogs to ferry information to the Order. Of course, I'm not sure how possible that is, but either way, it is something that makes sense and is effective without really constricting play all that much for your friendly local heretics/mages (if you're not going out cloaked/masked, you're doing something very wrong.)

Erasmus

Fri May 05, 2023 11:56 am

This sounds great! Honestly I think the blacklist thing was being used so much anyway because there was no other coded form of enforcement. This fits the bill quite well.

Ghed
Discord Handle: Ghed

Fri May 05, 2023 2:11 pm

Sue wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:25 pm
their shop sells the 120 silver value rations for 10 silver (at one point, unsure if that is still the case)
Belatedly, this was never the case. The shop sells "rations" but they are not cook 220 rations, they are a completely different item with few bites and minimal nutrinional value.
“What good is power when you're too wise to use it?”

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Fri May 05, 2023 5:34 pm

+1 from crimer, I support this implementation

Will the reports be instant or delayed like other reports?

• Information